PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Russians invent time travel

Hammock Parties
09-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Rain Man, please verify if this is possible.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/09/russian-scientist-claims-to-have-created-working-time-machine/

Russian Scientist Claims to have Created Working “Time Machine”

In the classic Back to the Future film series, the slightly off-kilter (but lovable) Doc Brown manages to retrofit a DeLorean with a temporal-displacement device known famously as a “flux capacitor,” resulting in a car that, after accelerating to speeds exceeding 88 miles-per-hour, is able to travel to different predetermined points in time. At present, the notion of literal time travel–while remaining a subject that is hotly contested by physicists–is also something that has remained relegated to the realm of films and science fiction.

But according to the peculiar exploits of one Russian scientist, the creation of devices that might be literally capable of displacing time around an individual might finally be a reality. In fact, if the claims of Vadim Alexandrovich Chernobrov are anything more than rumor or hearsay, then we are being asked to believe that Chernobrov himself may have succeeded in the creation of a functional time machine.

Born 1965, Chernobrov is credited with the founding of the Russian

Kosmopoisk organization (meaning “Space Search”), of which he is the leader. As described (with certain brevity) at the Wikipedia page dedicated to his life and research, Chernobrov is also known for being a meteorite hunter and advocate of UFO research. Apparently since around 1987, research involving ways that time might be manipulated has remained of particular interest to his studies, and now, after decades of exploring this most-complicated area of the physical universe, Chernobrov claims to have achieved success with bending and warping what we know as time.

Somewhat ironically, the Before It’s News website detailed a story this week detailing Chernobrov’s claims:

The device achieves travel through time, according to its inventor, by utilizing strong magnetic fields that resonate about the capsule and affect the natural flow of time and causality by literally increasing or slowing the flow of time.

During experiments, Chernobrov has shown that very precise chronometers, synchronized before the field is energized, experience a significant divergence in time after one has been placed inside the time machine while the other is kept far from the energized field as a control.

These chronometers, which are essentially devices that are designed to keep time precisely enough to be used as portable standards for judging time, allegedly revealed a “definite” warping of time within the magnetic field emitted by the machine. If translations from the Russian language reports about this discovery are to be correctly understood, what is being asserted is that early tests with the device were performed at Moscow Aircraft University, and were in at least some instances harmful or deadly to a variety of animal test subjects. However, following a series of tests involving human participants, the subjects described no ill effects other than seeing “colored circles” in the air while within the device’s magnetic field, in addition to “moderate arrhythmia.”

Chernobrov, who was among the participants, states of his observations that, “we came to conclusion that time is 3–dimensional,” and that humans could, at least in theory, “move in time backwards and forwards.”

But what practical applications, if the claims of Chernobrov are indeed true and accurate, will this device be capable of? If nothing else, perhaps the story outlined here will lead to a greater understanding of the nature of space and time, rather than any literal ability to travel back and forth through time to any significant degree. While the verdict remains open, there is a curious lack of interest and coverage that this story is receiving among the various news sites thus far… are we just a bit ahead of the game, or does this suggest that Chernobrov’s claims just aren’t warranting serious consideration?

It should be noted, perhaps, that the majority of the information featured in the Before It’s News article was excerpted from an earlier article appearing at the Russian Pravda website. In terms of being a legitimate news source, generally Pravda cannot be relied upon in terms of the veracity of the facts it presents. Over the years, a few rather questionable reports have been issued by the Russian tabloid, ranging from overblown claims of the discovery of a “Yeti paw,” to the supposed recovery of meteorite fragments and even extraterrestrial artifacts from the famous Tunguska blast site, where a large explosion of unexplained origin occurred in 1908. Chernobrov is credited with the investigation of a similar site in 2003, following the crash of what was believed to be a meteorite in the taiga 700 miles north of the city of Irkutsk the previous September. Chernobrov was quoted by the Associated Press that year, saying the blast site was on par with that of a “medium atomic bomb.”

So whether or not the claims that Chernobrov has created a literal time machine can be taken seriously remains an item of dispute… for now, at least. Who knows what the future will hold regarding this curious item; but safe it to say for now, only time will tell (pun intended)!

gblowfish
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
We need to borrow this, go back to 1995 and kill the kicker who will remain nameless...

4th and Long
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
First futuristic Nike self lacing shoes and now this. What's next? Hover boards?

4th and Long
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
We need to borrow this, go back to 1995 and kill the kicker who will remain nameless...
Oh ... if only ...

Fish
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8849/howdotheywork.jpg

ForeverChiefs58
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
He would be believable if he would have shown up wearing the new Nike Air Mags.

gblowfish
09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh ... if only ...

Dude is still a loser...he only has two connections on Linkedin...
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lin-elliott/33/65/b32

loochy
09-08-2011, 02:36 PM

We need to borrow this and take a sports almanac back to 1955.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
First futuristic Nike self lacing shoes and now this. What's next? Hover boards?

And the loser Head Coach whom paniced anytime the pressure was on...

Hammock Parties
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Wide left and wide right?

Inspector
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Big deal. We built one of these out in the garage back in the 50's.

Sold it in a garage sale. Of course, the guy decided he didn't really want it so he went back in time and stopped himself from buying it. Now that was weird.

loochy
09-08-2011, 02:41 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hH64Gx9A4Rc/SXvzLgVpIRI/AAAAAAAAAGw/iiZ4IOr5XY8/S220/kip.jpg

Uncle Rico: Kip, I reckon... you know a lot about... cyberspace? You ever come across anything... like time travel?
Kip: Easy, I've already looked into it for myself.
Uncle Rico: Right on... right on.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/181/handle3ss9.jpg

[Napoleon Dynamite straps himself into the time machine]
Kip: So are you ready?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yeah, hold on... I forgot to put in the crystals.
Napoleon Dynamite: [using time machine] Ow! Ow! Ow! Kill the pow... It kills! My pack! Ow! Turn it off! Turn it off, Kip!

http://linneareyes.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/timemachine1.jpg

[Kip pulls the electrical cord out, and Napoleon yanks off the headband]
Napoleon Dynamite: It's a piece of crap it doesn't work!
Uncle Rico: Well, I could've told you that.
[Uncle Rico is standing in the hall, looking wounded and disappointed]

http://www.bobcesca.com/images/carney1-750701.jpg

rageeumr
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Picture of Mr. Chernobrov

http://wiki.ytmnd.com/images/f/f4/Mullet_man.jpg

SLAG
09-08-2011, 02:43 PM
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/Bludgeonmonkey/napoleon-dynamite-time-machine.png

Jawshco
Traveling back in time is Impossible. However, Einstien did talk about the ability to manipulate time through moving at an extreme velocity, which could slow down the traveler's time while the external worlds time would remain the same. It's pretty useless for any practical purposes, but it's definitely possible to travel to the future at faster rate than the norm, but the amount of decrease in time it would take to get to a future point in time would be fairly insignificant with our capabilites. We'd be looking at spending millions of dollars on traveling 10 min's into the future.

SLAG
DAMNIT!

Donger
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Time travel doesn't need to be invented. It already exists.

Pitt Gorilla
First futuristic Nike self lacing shoes and now this. What's next? Hover boards?Hover beards.

Pitt Gorilla

http://wiki.ytmnd.com/images/f/f4/Mullet_man.jpgIt's Chernobrah-v

4th and Long
09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Hover beards.
I ALREADY HAVE ONE OF THOSE!

Discuss Thrower
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM

http://wiki.ytmnd.com/images/f/f4/Mullet_man.jpg

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

Discuss Thrower
09-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Time travel doesn't need to be invented. It already exists.

Besides flying around the earth really fast / redshift.

durtyrute
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Welcome to what... 1960?

Radar Chief
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I’ve been watching The Car Show and they did a bit on hot cars from the hosts youth that now get beat by modern economy cars and 88 MPH is just about all the Delorean would do. It actually got outran by a minivan.

ForeverChiefs58
09-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I’ve been watching The Car Show and they did a bit on hot cars from the hosts youth that now get beat by modern economy cars and 88 MPH is just about all the Delorean would do. It actually got outran by a minivan.

Well duh, you can't race in a Delorean. Once you hit 88 MPH you go back in time.

tooge
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM

I checked it out. Go to "contact Lin for..." and type in Kicking lessons.

tooge
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM

I sent an invite. Dude needs some connections for Petes sake.

Rain Man
09-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hang on a minute. Let me try it and see if I can go back.

Yep, it works.

Rain Man
09-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hang on a minute. Let me try it and see if I can go back.

DMAC
09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
My God, you are brilliant.

Pants
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
That was a very elegant joke, Rain Man.

loochy
09-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Rain Man is smart. That's why frankie likes him so much.

CrazyPhuD
09-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Repost!

Tim Tebow already invented time travel 50 years ago.

SLAG
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
In Soviet Russia Time Travels you!

Hammock Parties
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Repost!

Tim Tebow already invented time travel 50 years ago.

With time travel, technically anything could become a repost.

Easy 6
09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8849/howdotheywork.jpg

LMAO

rageeumr
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

Safety not guaranteed.

Donger
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Yep, it works.

LMAO

Donger
09-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Yes, it was. But, if Rain man goes back in time and kills his father before his birth, he could never born. And, if he could never be born, how could he go back in time and kill his own father!?

And, great, now I've gone cross-eyed.

BigCatDaddy
09-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes, it was. But, if Rain man goes back in time and kills his father before his birth, he could never born. And, if he could never be born, how could he go back in time and kill his own father!?

Only a man with an IQ of 169 can answer that one. Frankie, what's the word??????????????

Bwana
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Ok then..........

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tZbZyZlKGwg/SGHykrtDx2I/AAAAAAAAANg/fo9mDokYnZc/s320/Hansen%2B-%2Btin%2Bfoil%2Bhat.jpg

TimeForWasp
09-08-2011, 04:30 PM
You can only go back in time so far. When you go back to when the Delorian was built, that's as far as you can go.

NJChiefsFan
09-08-2011, 11:06 PM

It would have to create another universe. Every action would, its one of the 12 dimensions of time I believe. If time is the 4th dimension and exists in picture frames and not in a linear order, thats how it would have to work. Changing a past frame wouldn't affect the current one. Although this can't be true because Back to the Future holds all truths of life.

BigRock
09-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Там нет способа это реально.

Вот дерьмо!!!

boogblaster
09-08-2011, 11:20 PM
time forward is possible .. acouple 4-ways and a case of bud proved that to me years ago ....

Bump
09-09-2011, 12:58 AM
or you can just fly into a black hole

09-09-2011, 01:00 AM

Or stop Gannon from being benched in 97.

09-09-2011, 01:06 AM
You can only go back in time so far. When you go back to when the Delorian was built, that's as far as you can go.

:hmmm: So, not to 1955 eh?

CrazyPhuD
09-09-2011, 01:21 AM

I thought you could only go back in time as far back as the day you were born. To work correctly the events had to be in your 'lifetime'.

09-09-2011, 01:35 AM
It all depends on which movie or TV show you prefer.

listopencil
09-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Traveling back in time is Impossible. However, Einstien did talk about the ability to manipulate time through moving at an extreme velocity, which could slow down the traveler's time while the external worlds time would remain the same. It's pretty useless for any practical purposes, but it's definitely possible to travel to the future at faster rate than the norm, but the amount of decrease in time it would take to get to a future point in time would be fairly insignificant with our capabilites. We'd be looking at spending millions of dollars on traveling 10 min's into the future.

Yeah, what is being described in the article is similar to relativity. Not "time travel" but altered time flow. Off the top of my head a strong enough electromagnetic field would distort a chronometer anyway. Not to mention the paradox. If this were true then.....

Вот дерьмо!!!

listopencil
09-09-2011, 02:32 AM

Вот дерьмо!!!

Да, именно.Настоящий русский патриот хотел бы вернуться и убедиться, что «СССР» победили в холодной войне. По нашей линии времени он бы уже произошло, и мы бы не имели системы отсчета к вопросу его.

09-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Вы все так полны дерьма

listopencil
09-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Вы все так полны дерьма

Кто, я? Или вы имеете в виду "ученый" в ОП?

listopencil
09-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Конечно, не исключено, что устройство действительно работает и "Время патруль» поставит нас в вечный цикл, чтобы отрезать этой временной отрасли.

09-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Кто, я? Или вы имеете в виду "ученый" в ОП?

Каждый в этой теме на другом языке

Да, это включает в себя мне.

CrazyPhuD
09-09-2011, 03:20 AM
WTF some people are taking this 'Red Friday' bit a bit too far. We know how to deal with you commie bastards!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BoM6IFiyRjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2011, 03:57 AM
If only I could travel back to the day Boar 042 shot me in the eye things could be different now.

Gonzo
09-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm from the future. Here to tell you to invest all your extra cash into pig jizz! In the future, pig jizz is the new Red Bull!

Gonzo
09-09-2011, 06:15 AM
If only I could travel back to the day Boar 042 shot me in the eye things could be different now.

Right n time... You're the new bill gates in the year2022.

Dave Lane
09-09-2011, 07:10 AM

And a note to hire Adam Vinateri.

4th and Long
09-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Russians invent time travel
In a related news story, Japanese scientists have now created a camera with such a fantastic shutter speed that it is now possible to take a photograph of a woman with her mouth closed.

Rausch
09-09-2011, 10:12 AM
In a related news story, Japanese scientists have now created a camera with such a fantastic shutter speed that it is now possible to take a photograph of a woman with her mouth closed.

So it fires out chocolate before the flash?...

4th and Long
09-09-2011, 10:34 AM

LMAO

loochy
09-09-2011, 11:42 AM

That happened last night after too many tacos.