PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Three to Focus on – Bills @ Chiefs

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/09/three-to-focus-on-bills-chiefs/

The Chiefs and Bills open the season with a repeat of a Week 8 matchup from last season. On that day, the Chiefs subjected the Bills to their seventh-straight defeat to open the season. However, with a score of only 13-10 in that game and an offseason of building for both squads, this should be an interesting game.
Both sides have offensive systems and skill position players that could ignite opening weekend with outstanding plays. Jamaal Charles is one of the most dangerous backs in the league and, on the opposite side, Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller are both multi-talented backs who could hurt the Chiefs from the backfield or while lined-up out wide. At wide receiver the likes of Steve Breaston, Dwayne Bowe and Steve Johnson could light up the airways inKansas City. So with all of those exciting possibilities, let’s take a look at three matchups in the trenches that will set the platform and allow those skill position players can lead their team to victory.

1) Eric Wood’s first test … Kelly Gregg

Eric Wood enters his first full campaign as the Bills’ starting center with a tremendous challenge in the shape of Kelly Gregg. Gregg has been one of the best nose tackles for the better part of the last decade and even with his advancing years and plenty of miles on his tires, he’s still capable of top quality performances. Gregg ranked among the Top 25 defensive tackles in the league in our run defense grading last season, grading +1.0 or above in run D six times. The challenge for Wood here will come not necessarily in terms of Gregg’s physical prowess but in terms of leverage. Leverage is king in the NFL and few defensive tackles play with it better than Gregg. Combine that with his still outstanding motor – even at the age of 34 – and Wood is sure to have his hands full this Sunday. The Bills have a creative offense but will still need to establish the running game and Wood being able to handle Gregg one-on-one will go a long way towards them being able to do that.

2) Containing Tamba Hali

The Bills have an entirely underwhelming pair of offensive tackles in the shape of Demetrius Bell and Erik Pears and this is bad news for Ryan Fitzpatrick with the Bills coming up against our top-rated pass rusher from the 2010 season, Tamba Hali. Hali was simply monstrous last season and the encounter with Buffalo was no different. Rather alarmingly for the Bills, they haven’t made any personnel changes that would fill you with confidence in their ability to keep Hali in check this time around. Hali racked up two sacks, a hit and seven pressures against Buffalo in Kansas City last season and Bell will need help from backs and tight ends to prevent him from having a similar impact this Sunday. Simply put, Bell and Pears need to step up and they’ll need all the help they can get as Hali is capable of single-handedly shutting down the Bills’ passing game.

3) Controlling Kyle Williams

If Hali is the Chiefs’ defensive game winner then the Bills have a player of similarly destructive capabilities in the shape of Kyle Williams. Williams has shown flashes of dominance in the past but he put it all together in 2010 and was by far the best defensive tackle in the league. Whether playing over the nose or in a four-man line, Williams couldn’t be contained last season. In a matchup between two creative 2010 offenses, the game turned into a defensive stalemate in large part because of the performances of two players: Hali and Williams. Williams “chipped in” with six defensive stops on the day including a pair of sacks. The Chiefs interior offensive line won’t have fond memories of that game and will be keen to improve in this next opportunity. Both offenses have the potential to break loose, but if neither team can control the other’s blue chip defensive talent we could be in store for another slug fest.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Hopefully we will get to see the Weigmann from the beginning of the season last year....and not the late season one.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Kyle Williams had his 2nd-best day against the run last year vs the Chiefs and we still ran for almost 300 yards

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Brian Waters had a terrible game against the Bills last year.

ModSocks
09-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm more concerned about those crazy talented Linebackers the Bills have.

O.city
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
I just hope our Defense gets off to a good start. We need to build up all the confidence we can get early.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Eric Wood's run blocking was awful last year. -4.9. He had a -1.7 against KC.

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
This report has me pumped.

Priest31kc
09-09-2011, 03:55 PM
It would be a sigh of relief if we can go up like 14-0 out of the gate somehow. Make them one dimensional and bring the heat all day.

ModSocks
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
It would be a sigh of relief if we can go up like 14-0 out of the gate somehow. Make them one dimensional and bring the heat all day.

It would be great. I'd love to see Romeo turn the Dogs loose. Not the cats. The Dogs.

Sunday feels like it's SO far away.....

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Best gifs of last year, IMO.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/billies/new/halirape.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/billies/new/halirape2.gif

O.city
09-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Just printed off the tickets....think i might start tailgating now.

ForeverChiefs58
09-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm more concerned about those crazy talented Linebackers the Bills have.

Bills LB Merriman eager to show he’s ‘Lights Out’

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—The start of the regular season is finally upon him, and Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman(notes) can barely contain himself.

“Yeah, I’m doing a pretty good job on the outside,” Merriman said before the Bills held their first practice Monday in preparing for their regular-season opener at Kansas City on Sunday. “On the inside, it’s still difficult because those emotions run wild.”

Entering his seventh NFL season, Merriman has good reason to be bursting at the seams.

It’s going on 11 months since he played in a meaningful game, and it’s been two years since Merriman played anywhere close to his once-dominant “Lights Out” form. Despite missing two weeks of training camp with a groin injury, all it took was a handful of productive snaps over two preseason games to convince him he’s ready.

“I feel good, man,” he said. “Fans and the people watching the game, they’re going to know, for one, that I’m back playing the way I need to play.”

Merriman opened the preseason with a three-tackle, two-sack outing in a 10-3 loss at Chicago. And then, after missing two games, he closed the preseason by making three tackles—including one for a loss—in two series of a 16-6 loss to Detroit last week.

That’s the type of production the Bills are counting on since claiming Merriman off waivers in November after he was cut by San Diego.

The Chargers ran out of patience waiting for Merriman to stay healthy after a series of injuries to his calf, knee and Achilles tendon slowed his production in two of the past three years. The Bills didn’t have much to lose in gambling that the 2005 NFL defensive rookie of the year and three-time Pro Bowl selection still had something left.

Merriman didn’t play a snap with the Bills last season after aggravating a sore Achilles tendon in his first practice with the team that led him to being placed on injured reserve. And yet the Bills believed enough in Merriman to re-sign him to a two-year contract in January.

He’s now part of a revamped defense that is expected to improve on its woeful numbers last year, when it finished last in the NFL against the run and struggled in applying pressure.

“I see flashes of it,” coach Chan Gailey said, assessing Merriman’s progress. “Every time he plays, he makes plays. So I’m excited to see what he can do. And I know he’s excited to see what he can do.”

Those flashes include Merriman’s two sacks against the Bears, which came on consecutive plays late in the first quarter.

Then came the burst he showed in stopping the run against Detroit. Shooting through the line, Merriman brought down Jahvid Best(notes) for a 1-yard loss on the third play from scrimmage. On the next series, Merriman caught Aaron Brown from behind, holding him to a 10-yard gain on third-and-12.

“So far, he’s looked more like the vintage Shawne that we’re all used to seeing,” said linebacker Nick Barnett(notes). “He’s out there playing with that relentless pursuit of the ball, playing with his hair on fire.”

That’s the way Merriman played when he first broke into the NFL. He had 39-1/2 sacks in his first three NFL seasons, including a career-best 17 in 2006. His production has fallen off, having managed just four sacks in 18 games over the past three years.

Buffalo represents a fresh start for Merriman, and it begins Sunday.

“I’ve been waiting a long time,” he said. “Being away from the game, it makes you that much more hungry to get back on the field.”

The key is staying patient.

“One thing I’ve learned is that you can’t let your emotions get the best of you during the week,” Merriman said. “You can’t get burnt out by Wednesday and Thursday because you’re excited to play football again. That’s not going to benefit you on Sunday.”

Notes: Gailey said he’s leaning toward LT Demetrius Bell(notes) retaining his starting job to open the season. … Rookie seventh-round pick DT Michael Jasper(notes) is making the switch to offensive line now that he’s a member of the practice squad. Jasper initially played on the offensive line in college, before moving to defense as a senior last year at Bethel University. … The Bills are off until returning to practice Wednesday.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Screen pass to Merriman's side on the first play.

ForeverChiefs58
09-09-2011, 04:22 PM

...for a touchdown.

Rasputin
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Hopefully we will get to see the Weigmann from the beginning of the season last year....and not the late season one.

Am hoping Hudson can take over the duties of Weigmann & real soon and not be a let down. I'm really glad we drafted Hudson & think he will do great once he gets "IT". Hoping sooner than later for him to be a starting center.

ExtremeChief
09-09-2011, 04:40 PM

To McCluster

ModSocks
09-09-2011, 04:44 PM
To McCluster

lol

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
To McCluster

Dual backfield, McCluster and Charles.

Fake screen to Charles, screen to McCluster.

Bowe knocks out the safety and DMC scores, game thread explodes with "how does McCluster's ass taste, GoChiefs" comments.

Merriman cut block by Albert, out for year.

Rasputin
09-09-2011, 04:46 PM

To McCluster

...for a touchdown.

:thumb:

Nightfyre
09-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Dual backfield, McCluster and Charles.

Fake screen to Charles, screen to McCluster.

Bowe knocks out the safety and DMC scores, game thread explodes with "how does McCluster's ass taste, GoChiefs" comments.

Merriman cut block by Albert, out for year.

Albert is the worst cut blocker I have ever seen, and I like Albert. On a side note, if the Chiefs ended Merriman's career, that would be sweet justice, IMO.

</post>
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.kellymoore.net/images/buffalo_skulls.png

BossChief
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
They should let Priest Holmes take a free swing with a metal bat on Merrimans knee.

the Talking Can
09-09-2011, 06:29 PM
i expect our front 7 to dominate the Bills OL....

can't wait to see Houston and Hali in at the same time

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 06:50 PM
i expect our front 7 to dominate the Bills OL....

can't wait to see Houston and Hali in at the same time

There gonna start Studebaker over Houston. This is a mistake IMO

O.city
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM

While I very much agree with you, I think Houston will play alot. I think he will be starting by week 6 or 7 ...hopefully

CoMoChief
09-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I gotta huge boner for Sunday.

the Talking Can
09-09-2011, 06:52 PM

sure, but i expect houston to get some 3rd down snaps...especially if we can get an early lead

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I haven't seen Marcell Dareus mentioned here... is anyone concerned about his effect on the blocking scheme, particularly if Moeaki is out for the season? I am curious as to how Haley chooses to protect Cassel and to run the football with two big and fast DTs in Williams and Dareus.

I already have major concerns about our offensive line and the lack of upgrades with all the cap room we have, which means a possible nightmare scenario, so we have our own problems.

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
sure, but i expect houston to get some 3rd down snaps...especially if we can get an early lead

I'd like to see him start on first down and make them run so we can stuff there ass.

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Houston will ball against Gaileys stupid little 4 WR set. Only thing I worry about is who will play on the back end.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes Dareus has been talked about but he is also a rookie dlineman. We know first hand that it takes a while for them to develop. Don't come out and say that he is special, he might be, but he is alot like Dorsey was coming out. It will take hima little while.

the Talking Can
09-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I'd like to see him start on first down and make them run so we can stuff there ass.

i hope his talent is so obvious that they have to give him time sooner....

i was surprised by him in preseason as i assumed he was one dimensional, but he showed a lot...i think he is already stronger than hali and can be a better run defender

the Talking Can
09-09-2011, 07:06 PM
dareus isn't Suh....and Suh is the last DL in awhile that has shown up and kicked ass since day one

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes Dareus has been talked about but he is also a rookie dlineman. We know first hand that it takes a while for them to develop. Don't come out and say that he is special, he might be, but he is alot like Dorsey was coming out. It will take hima little while.

All I am saying is that Dareus is right next to Kyle Williams, who is developed and draws double teams due to his ability. Dareus is a DT, which has less of a learning curve than a DE because there is more focus on drive and filling holes as opposed to pash rush. When he has started against first string lines, he has shown great ability, and it is why we as Bills fans are excited to see how it turns out. After all, preseason is just as it is- PREseason, and so like our low yards per pass average I saw someone mention, things TOTALLY change starting Week 1.

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 07:12 PM
i hope his talent is so obvious that they have to give him time sooner....

i was surprised by him in preseason as i assumed he was one dimensional, but he showed a lot...i think he is already stronger than hali and can be a better run defender

I read how he struggled in run defense but I saw nothing fro Studbaker to indicate he was much better this preseason. I think Houston has great pass rush skills and can make Buffalo pay for playing a 4 wide scheme. I'm just really concerned about the back side. Do we go Flowers, Carr, Arenas, and Daniels? Or do we put Berry in as the 4th corner and play Washington or McGraw?

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I read how he struggled in run defense but I saw nothing fro Studbaker to indicate he was much better this preseason. I think Houston has great pass rush skills and can make Buffalo pay for playing a 4 wide scheme. I'm just really concerned about the back side. Do we go Flowers, Carr, Arenas, and Daniels? Or do we put Berry in as the 4th corner and play Washington or McGraw?

I would go Flowers, Carr, Arenas, and Daniels. This is something that I really like about Romeo is that he will mix and match. He really might be the best thing we have going defensively.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Dareus is a DT, which has less of a learning curve than a DE

LMAO

Not even close to true.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:16 PM
All I am saying is that Dareus is right next to Kyle Williams, who is developed and draws double teams due to his ability. Dareus is a DT, which has less of a learning curve than a DE because there is more focus on drive and filling holes as opposed to pash rush. When he has started against first string lines, he has shown great ability, and it is why we as Bills fans are excited to see how it turns out. After all, preseason is just as it is- PREseason, and so like our low yards per pass average I saw someone mention, things TOTALLY change starting Week 1.

It will help him next to Williams but Williams had a career year last year so who knows about that. It takes a while for a dlineman no matter which spot he plays. I think he will be a good layer but it is going to take some time.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
LMAO

Not even close to true.

An athletic talent like a Haloti Ngata or a Ndomakong Suh can make an immediate impact to a defense. I'm saying we're taking a wait and see approach as to how good he is come the regular season. I haven't seen many defensive ends come along and make the kind of impact the beasts at DT have made. It took Bruce Smith 3 years to be the monster he was- once he got a foothold on his body fat percentage and got into great habits, it was off to the races.

lcarus
09-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Seems like last year we never got off to a good start. Really pissed me off.

big cahones
09-09-2011, 07:20 PM
the chiefs are terrible

the Talking Can
09-09-2011, 07:20 PM

leave Berry be...he needs to roam front to back, he's huge against the run

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:21 PM
It will help him next to Williams but Williams had a career year last year so who knows about that. It takes a while for a dlineman no matter which spot he plays. I think he will be a good layer but it is going to take some time.

Kyle Williams may indeed regress this year, and it is up to him to prove that he can sustain this superior performance, that I can agree. Our run defense cannot get any worse, that I do know. :P

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:21 PM
An athletic talent like a Haloti Ngata or a Ndomakong Suh can make an immediate impact to a defense. I'm saying we're taking a wait and see approach as to how good he is come the regular season. I haven't seen many defensive ends come along and make the kind of impact the beasts at DT have made. It took Bruce Smith 3 years to be the monster he was- once he got a foothold on his body fat percentage and got into great habits, it was off to the races.

Ok. That is two dlineman of the 90 drafted in the first round the last upteen years. Those are not the norm.

Again I think Dareus will be a good player but it's prob. not gonna be this year.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I haven't seen many defensive ends come along and make the kind of impact the beasts at DT have made.

You are an idiot. There is a long list of DEs coming into the league and getting 7-10 sacks or even more almost immediately. It happens every year, even with guys drafted in the middle rounds.

Meanwhile DTs taken in the first round have a 75 percent bust rate.

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 07:28 PM
If Green Bay's 2nd string D-line was owning our starters you need to worry about Dareus.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:31 PM
If Green Bay's 2nd string D-line was owning our starters you need to worry about Dareus.

They weren't owning our starters by any means.

big cahones
09-09-2011, 07:31 PM
****ing chiefs fans are oblivious that there team had a great record by beating terrible teams last years. all the teams over .500 embarrassed the shit out of you turds. how did the first round of playoffs turn out when you played a serious team?

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
****ing chiefs fans are oblivious that there team had a great record by beating terrible teams last years. all the teams over .500 embarrassed the shit out of you turds.

Guess we'll be fine against the Bills, then.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
You are an idiot. There is a long list of DEs coming into the league and getting 7-10 sacks or even more almost immediately. It happens every year, even with guys drafted in the middle rounds.

Meanwhile DTs taken in the first round have a 75 percent bust rate.

Taken in the first round as in the top 30, 31, 32 teams, then yes, you may say that. However, many DTs drafted higher have a much better chance at panning out. B.J. Raji, Sedrick Ellis, Tyson Alualu, and on have all been great additions for their respective teams. Where you see a hole, I see the donut.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Taken in the first round as in the top 30, 31, 32 teams, then yes, you may say that. However, many DTs drafted higher have a much better chance at panning out. B.J. Raji, Sedrick Ellis, Tyson Alualu, and on have all been great additions for their respective teams. Where you see a hole, I see the donut.

Sedrick Ellis was not even that good his first year.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Sedrick Ellis was not even that good his first year.

OK, I can't change your mind- all I can do is say let the season play out, which is what everyone will be doing. I'm not going to try and sell Dareus as a world beater, but I will say let's see.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:39 PM
OK, I can't change your mind- all I can do is say let the season play out, which is what everyone will be doing. I'm not going to try and sell Dareus as a world beater, but I will say let's see.

Who cares about the season? This is about one game, and no rookie DT is going to be an impact player in his first game. The odds favor him getting his ass kicked.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Who cares about the season? This is about one game, and no rookie DT is going to be an impact player in his first game. The odds favor him getting his ass kicked.

Well, to be fair, let us see how Justin Houston does on Sunday... the odds are since he is a rookie he will get his ass kicked as well, right? I don't believe in absolutes- ANY player could make a big impact with the right matchup.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
****ing chiefs fans are oblivious that there team had a great record by beating terrible teams last years. all the teams over .500 embarrassed the shit out of you turds. how did the first round of playoffs turn out when you played a serious team?

****ing Bills fans come get on our message board and get all pissy when we talk bad about the shitty footall team that they have. They lost so many close games last year because they couldn't finish. How did sitting at home during the playoffs last year turn out.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Well, to be fair, let us see how Justin Houston does on Sunday... the odds are since he is a rookie he will get his ass kicked as well, right? I don't believe in absolutes- ANY player could make a big impact with the right matchup.

I can agree fully with this.

Again, I think Dareus will be a great player.

big cahones
09-09-2011, 07:45 PM
the fact is, is that i know my team sucks. i'm not in a fantasy world like the fans on here.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM

The Chiefs don't need Justin Houston to play well to win. If Dareus doesn't play well your D is probably fucked.

Even so, Houston is so fucking fast that Erik Pears is probably fucked regardless.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I can agree fully with this.

Again, I think Dareus will be a great player.

You can blast that troll all you want to... every fan base has its loonies.

I'm catching heat on our board because I feel our team is being super cheap by leaving so much room under the cap and not getting any offensive linemen- they say they are saving it for Fitzpatrick and Johnson, but I think it is all BS. Our strength will be on the front 7, and our offensive line is our fatal weakness. This game could be extremely turnover-filled.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I just wonder if, big if, the chiefs go 10 and 6 against this schedule what will be said about us next offseason? That we got lucky again. I know the Chiefs are young and building and prob. will have a tough year. But don't come onto our message board and get pissed that we are optimistic. We have alot to be optimistic about after sitting thru the last couple years.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM
The Chiefs don't need Justin Houston to play well to win. If Dareus doesn't play well your D is probably ****ed.

Even so, Houston is so ****ing fast that Erik Pears is probably ****ed regardless.

I must disagree! Our defense is ****ed if MERRIMAN doesn't play, not Dareus. He provides the speed on the outside we don't have much of.

We got a TE from New England by the name of Smith. With Chandler as well, I am not worried about Houston- it is HALI that scares me. Our LT is so inconsistent it is a nightmare.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM
You can blast that troll all you want to... every fan base has its loonies.

I'm catching heat on our board because I feel our team is being super cheap by leaving so much room under the cap and not getting any offensive linemen- they say they are saving it for Fitzpatrick and Johnson, but I think it is all BS. Our strength will be on the front 7, and our offensive line is our fatal weakness. This game could be extremely turnover-filled.

We all know how that goes with the cheapness. The Chiefs are the lowest under the cap team in the league right now.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
We all know how that goes with the cheapness. The Chiefs are the lowest under the cap team in the league right now.

I had no idea. It spreads like a virus- do you think that if Lamar Hunt was still alive it would be that way?

Who did you get to replace Moeaki? I didn't even check that out.

big cahones
09-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I just wonder if, big if, the chiefs go 10 and 6 against this schedule what will be said about us next offseason? That we got lucky again. I know the Chiefs are young and building and prob. will have a tough year. But don't come onto our message board and get pissed that we are optimistic. We have alot to be optimistic about after sitting thru the last couple years.

the bills will force you guys to pass because the run defense is 10x better than it was last year. cassell will get intercepted twice and the bills pull out a win. 17-13

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I had no idea. It spreads like a virus- do you think that if Lamar Hunt was still alive it would be that way?

I have no idea if it would be that way with Hunt. We have a couple guys who we prob. will give pretty bid contracts to during the season so I think that is why we stayed under so much.

We didn't bring in anyone for Moeaki. We have a couple TE's on the roster. Nothing to shake a stick at....actually they both are pretty average or below.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
the bills will force you guys to pass because the run defense is 10x better than it was last year. cassell will get intercepted twice and the bills pull out a win. 17-13

10x better huh.

Ok you stop the run, Cassel puts up 300 plus with 3 td's. See I can do it too.

O.city
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Just a question but how did you find out about CP? Every year fans from other teams get on here and I was just wondering how they find it.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I have no idea if it would be that way with Hunt. We have a couple guys who we prob. will give pretty bid contracts to during the season so I think that is why we stayed under so much.

We didn't bring in anyone for Moeaki. We have a couple TE's on the roster. Nothing to shake a stick at....actually they both are pretty average or below.

See, at least I can see that when you have known quantities, but they keep saying that they are going to 'wait and see' before paying our guys, which I think is a crock.

We haven't had a decent tight end since Pete Metzelaars, almost 20 years. It sucks when you lose an up and comer for a season before Week 1.

BmoreBills
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Just a question but how did you find out about CP? Every year fans from other teams get on here and I was just wondering how they find it.

On our board at Two Bills Drive... someone mentioned the wacky predictions, so I don't know how THEY found it. They are so strict at TBD with avatars and pictures... there is a 'no babe or worse' ban in effect.

boogblaster
09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Pope isnt too bad .. but he has his days .. both on and off ....

SAUTO
09-09-2011, 09:55 PM

Goddamn what the fuck is it with you and billay?

There
Their
They're

All mean different things and aren't that hard to get right.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
09-09-2011, 10:05 PM
On our board at Two Bills Drive... someone mentioned the wacky predictions, so I don't know how THEY found it. They are so strict at TBD with avatars and pictures... there is a 'no babe or worse' ban in effect.

You seem pretty cool. Stick around CP win or lose Sunday.

We have a pretty vast mixture of fans on this board. It's the melting pot of the internet.

SAUTO
09-09-2011, 10:09 PM

We have a pretty vast mixture of fans on this board. It's the melting pot of the internet.
Yep
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
09-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Fuck that.

Red Beans
09-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I must disagree! Our defense is ****ed if MERRIMAN doesn't play, not Dareus. He provides the speed on the outside we don't have much of.

We got a TE from New England by the name of Smith. With Chandler as well, I am not worried about Houston- it is HALI that scares me. Our LT is so inconsistent it is a nightmare.

Merriman provides speed does he? Dude is middle of the pack when it comes to wheels these days. No one is the same after a couple of knee surgeries. He might not be like Barry fucking Richardson, but if you're counting on him for the quickness you need to reevaluate what the fuck's going on in Beefalo country troll.

Titty Meat
09-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Goddamn what the **** is it with you and billay?

There
Their
They're

All mean different things and aren't that hard to get right.
Posted via Mobile Device

They're you go.

big cahones
09-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Merriman provides speed does he? Dude is middle of the pack when it comes to wheels these days. No one is the same after a couple of knee surgeries. He might not be like Barry ****ing Richardson, but if you're counting on him for the quickness you need to reevaluate what the ****'s going on in Beefalo country troll.

you haven't watched him in camp or in pre-season. shut the fuck up. he is actually looking like he did when he was "lights out". i can't wait to see him either light it up or get hurt on sunday.

veist
09-10-2011, 03:15 AM
you haven't watched him in camp or in pre-season. shut the fuck up. he is actually looking like he did when he was "lights out". i can't wait to see him either light it up or (and this is a lot more likely) get hurt on sunday.
ftfy

Dave Lane
09-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Albert is the worst cut blocker I have ever seen, and I like Albert. On a side note, if the Chiefs ended Merriman's career, that would be sweet justice, IMO.

Truth on All scores. Albert is so horrible at cut blocking he injured himself trying to do it.

milkman
09-10-2011, 07:06 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only matchup to watch is Barry Richardson and whoever is lined up against him.

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 07:11 AM

Sure, I can do that! We don't have many non-Buffalo fans on our site, and we use it a lot for talk about the Buffalo Sabres as well.

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Merriman provides speed does he? Dude is middle of the pack when it comes to wheels these days. No one is the same after a couple of knee surgeries. He might not be like Barry ****ing Richardson, but if you're counting on him for the quickness you need to reevaluate what the ****'s going on in Beefalo country troll.

He actually provides more than speed... his playmaking ability has been a breath of fresh air, but of course how long can he last? We have another player, Roscoe Parrish, who hasn't played in a full season in a long time, who is in the same What If? category.

Listen, I know he was with the Chargers and in your division and you probably have some distaste for him because of his act, but I'm just being honest as to the impact he has made when he's played.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2011, 07:23 AM
the fact is, is that i know my team sucks. i'm not in a fantasy world like the fans on here.

Beating up on the shit teams means they do not suck. KC finished 4-12 the year before and were a horrible team (losing to the Bills helped prove that BTW). I've seen shitty, sucky Chief teams, very recently in fact...this isn't one of them. If you knew anything about football, you'd realize how much ridiculous young talent the Chiefs have. Last year was only the beginning.

notorious
09-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Listen, I know he was with the Chargers and in your division and you probably have some distaste for him because of his act, but I'm just being honest as to the impact he has made when he's played.

That's putting it lightly.

Watching him do his "Lights Out" dance brings out Bill Criminowski level hate from me.

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 07:34 AM
That's putting it lightly.

Watching him do his "Lights Out" dance brings out Bill Criminowski level hate from me.

For us, it is Bryan Cox, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichick, and Rex Ryan.

We play the Chargers this year, and so it will be VERY interesting.

notorious
09-10-2011, 07:43 AM
For us, it is Bryan Cox, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichick, and Rex Ryan.

We play the Chargers this year, and so it will be VERY interesting.

I know. My middle brother is a Bill's fan.

If I even mention the Titans in any way his face turns red. He really hates the Fins, too, especially when Cox was playing for them.

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 08:19 AM

If I even mention the Titans in any way his face turns red. He really hates the Fins, too, especially when Cox was playing for them.

They paid us back for the AFC Championship comeback, and so I don't have as much heartache about it because they didn't win the Super Bowl either, and put $40 in my pocket :D

The game that I remember most is not even a Super Bowl- it was a game that we played the Patriots in, and it ended up costing us home field and Ralph Wilson some cash for his tirade. They called a 4th down sideline catch a catch when Shawn Jefferson was on the line, called pass interference in the end zone on a hail mary pass, and then Ben Coates caught the game winner.

This was the exact same season a ref called a bogus TD b/c he saw Vinny Testaverde's helmet as the football, so he said.

KcMizzou
09-10-2011, 08:23 AM

You should stage an intervention.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2011, 08:35 AM
All Tambanana knows is ball, good, and RAPE