PDA

View Full Version : Football The 2011 NFL Hateability Index

TimeForWasp
09-10-2011, 05:38 AM
The NFL season is upon us, and let's face it: Your team probably won't win the Super Bowl. This is because every team probably won't win the Super Bowl. There are 32 teams in the NFL and, by my calculations, only three will win the Super Bowl. I might be off by two.
Your season is bound to end in disappointment, unless your fantasy team wins a championship, but the most important lesson we can learn in life is that nobody cares about your fantasy team.
So what do you do? You could try cheering for another team, but that is un-American. The morally righteous thing to do is to cheer against other teams.
On that note, and purely for our own amusement, we are going to determine how hateable every team in the NFL is. Let's face it: Some teams make you want to buy a first-class plane ticket so you can fly across the country and watch them suffer. Other teams almost make you feel bad when you cheer against them. I did say "almost."
Let's go through every team in the NFL and decide: How easy are they to hate? We will give them a Hateability Factor on a scale of 2 to 10. Why 2 to 10? Well, everybody gets at least a 2 on general principle. This is sports. If you can't root against a team, you aren't trying.
OK, here we go.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_rosenberg/09/07/hateability.index/index.html#ixzz1XY438g8G

ClevelandBronco
09-10-2011, 06:54 AM
You guys are underrated.

JD10367
09-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Seems pretty accurate.

My fave: "Dallas Cowboys: This needs no explanation. HATEABILITY FACTOR: 10"

LMAO

RippedmyFlesh
09-10-2011, 07:22 AM
SD is way too low.
It's easy to hate on them.

sd4chiefs
09-10-2011, 09:18 AM
SD is way too low.
It's easy to hate on them.

Being a long time Chiefs fan and living in Bandwagon City (San Diego) I have to give them a rating of an 11.

notorious
09-10-2011, 09:25 AM
You guys are underrated.

Ditto.

:D

Ace Gunner
09-10-2011, 09:28 AM
male cheerleaders are the american dream

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
$tealers are more like a 12 in my book. The "Blue Collar Team" was handed a trophy they didnt earn on a silver platter so Cowher could have a complete hall of fame resume and the "Bus Headed Home to Detroit". He just went on home. Don't get me wrong, they were clearly AFC Champions that year, but the 05 Seahawks were twice the team the 05 "Blue Collar Team" was.

JoeyChuckles
09-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I have never been able to hate the Chargers. I hate the Raiders and Broncos of course, but the Chargers seem okay.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I have never been able to hate the Chargers. I hate the Raiders and Broncos of course, but the Chargers seem okay.

If we're out of the running for the division, I always root for the Chargers, purely by default of course.

Denver and Oakland can suck it.

DaFace
09-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Aww...they like us! They really like us!

(Either that or no one really gives a shit about us.)

cdcox
09-10-2011, 10:15 AM
That is probably for the best -- Elway was an all-time great who elevated mediocre teams, and he didn't deserve the hate he got in the first place.

You lie!

Hammock Parties
09-10-2011, 10:20 AM
No one can ever hate the Chiefs. We are the good guys. Even when we had some of the best teams in the NFL we were the good guys.

The one unlikable player we've had, LJ, was hated more by his own fans than fans in general.

We are the good guys.

MTG#10
09-10-2011, 10:41 AM
The better teams are hated the most. We are tied for the least hated team. Sounds about right. :banghead:

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
The Rams are ranked awfully high... is there really THAT much hate there?? Dubious.

ClevelandBronco
09-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Aww...they like us! They really like us!

(Either that or no one really gives a shit about us.)

The refs don't. Or so I've heard. Over. And over. And over...

DTLB58
09-10-2011, 02:24 PM
$tealers are more like a 12 in my book. The "Blue Collar Team" was handed a trophy they didnt earn on a silver platter so Cowher could have a complete hall of fame resume and the "Bus Headed Home to Detroit". He just went on home. Don't get me wrong, they were clearly AFC Champions that year, but the 05 Seahawks were twice the team the 05 "Blue Collar Team" was.

If they were "Twice" the team a couple of calls wouldn't have made a difference.

Consistent1
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
The Bucs have a pretty high factor. Seems stupid to me. The Bears and Chargers seem to low given how people either love, or 100% hate, Cutler and Rivers.

Jenson71
09-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Philip Rivers alone makes the Chargers hateability a 10.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 03:52 PM
If they were "Twice" the team a couple of calls wouldn't have made a difference.

A couple? What game were you watching?

notorious
09-10-2011, 03:57 PM
We are the good guys.

**** being the Good Guys.

The Bad Guys win. They knock down the door, **** the opponents girlfriend, drinks all of their beer, then kicks their dog on the the way out.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 03:59 PM
**** being the Good Guys.

The Bad Guys win. They knock down the door, **** the opponents girlfriend, drinks all of their beer, then kicks their dog on the the way out.

This x 1000. I didn't agree with a lot of the ratings, but the fact that most of the Elite got dubbed the "most hated" defintely rings true.

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 04:43 PM
The only teams that didn't receive high hate factors are the ones who suck.

Pisses me off. I want some people to really fucking Hate us. Mainly the rest of the AFC west. But seriously, even if we won multiple super bowls, I couldn't see the rest of the NFL, besides the AFCW, and the teams we beat on the way to those rings, hating us. Not really much to hate like the article says.

Love the Dallas one.

kysirsoze
09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
For years, the franchise didn't just have a racist name and logo; it had a racist philosophy. The Redskins had an all-white roster, leading to legendary Washington Post writer Shirley Povich's famous line: "Jim Brown, born ineligible to play for the Redskins, integrated their end zone three times yesterday."

LMAO. Hadn't heard that before.

rad
09-10-2011, 06:33 PM
LOL......Jacksonville got a N/A

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 07:40 PM
The only teams that didn't receive high hate factors are the ones who suck.

Pisses me off. I want some people to really ****ing Hate us. Mainly the rest of the AFC west. But seriously, even if we won multiple super bowls, I couldn't see the rest of the NFL, besides the AFCW, and the teams we beat on the way to those rings, hating us. Not really much to hate like the article says.

Love the Dallas one.

Usually the teams that win have at least ONE personality that everyone can't stand. That's what makes it worse... I cannot think of one champion that didn't have one of those guys.

Jenson71
09-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Usually the teams that win have at least ONE personality that everyone can't stand. That's what makes it worse... I cannot think of one champion that didn't have one of those guys.

Who's the Packers guy? Matthews?

notorious
09-10-2011, 07:47 PM

I am sure a Minnesota, Chicago, or Detroit fan could pick out a few.

I don't mind GB, so I can't name one.

BmoreBills
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Aaron Rodgers and the belt thing... and he's not liked in the media as much as say a Peyton Manning for his comments. Did you see the story of the OTAs this week?