PDA

View Full Version : Football Adrian Peterson: 7 years, $100 million

Hammock Parties
09-10-2011, 01:13 PM
LMAO.

Bet he doesn't see half.

$36 million guaranteed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/10/vikings-give-adrian-peterson-36-million-guarantee-on-new-deal

The Minnesota Vikings have reached agreement on a new contract with Adrian Peterson that could keep the running back in Minnesota for the rest of his career.

Peterson is signing a seven-year, $100 million deal with $36 million guaranteed, a league source tells PFT.

The contract means there’s a good chance that the 26-year-old Peterson will retire a Viking.

Peterson’s deal is the biggest to date for a running back, topping both the five-year, $43 million deal with $21 million guaranteed for DeAngelo Williams and the four-year, $53.5 million contract with $30 million guaranteed for Chris Johnson.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-10-2011, 01:22 PM
R

Hammock Parties
09-10-2011, 01:23 PM
stupid thread titles

kstater
09-10-2011, 01:24 PM
This is the same guy that missed time for a fucking headache last year?

stevieray
09-10-2011, 01:25 PM
stupid

-King-
09-10-2011, 01:29 PM
This is the same guy that missed time for a fucking headache last year?

That's Percy Harvin, and his migraines were no joke from what I hear
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
09-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Good luck with that Minnesota.

Signing a RB to long term big money while they are going into their 30's is fucking stupid.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2011, 01:31 PM
greedy ass owners, the new CBA is a trick ... it's a trick i tell ya.

No way does does the rookie salary cap money go to the veterans.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Signing a RB to long term big money while they are going into their 30's is fucking stupid.

He's 26.

They've done a good job of keeping his carries down so....this might be an OK deal.

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Signing a RB to long term big money while they are going into their 30's is ****ing stupid.

I completely agree with this, but he's 26, and will probably be completely washed up by 30, and they'll cut him.

FTR, I'm not a big advocate of giving huge money to RBs, but AP is a special talent, and they pretty much had to make him the highest paid back in the league.

notorious
09-10-2011, 01:35 PM
He's 26.

They've done a good job of keeping his carries down so....this might be an OK deal.

If they get another 3-4 years and then get rid of him they did fine. All that they would lose is the guaranteed money.

Setsuna
09-10-2011, 01:36 PM
He will never be washed up. That dude is a hoss.

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 01:38 PM
He will never be washed up. That dude is a hoss.

I got 50 bucks that says he don't break 1000 yards after his 31st birthday.

milkman
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
There's no way in hell I'd pay any RB the kind of money that Williams, CJ, and now Peterson have gotten.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Jammal Charles = Mad

cdcox
09-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Bet he doesn't see half.

Yeah, sucks to be him.

cdcox
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
There's no way in hell I'd pay any RB the kind of money that Williams, CJ, and now Peterson have gotten.

This post summarizes my thoughts on the matter.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
we got burned by L.j. , but the rams have gotten their money's worth of out Steven Jackson. intereted to see how this will turn out.

whoman69
09-10-2011, 01:54 PM
The guaranteed money is about the same as Chris Johnson. Johnson is 3 years younger. I'm guessing AP will only see the guaranteed money.

DaFace
09-10-2011, 01:59 PM
It appears that nine-figure contracts are going to be the norm for elite players under the new CBA.

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
This is the same guy that missed time for a ****ing headache last year?

A true migraine is not just "a ****ing headache". You hear tons of people complain they have a migraine, and I'd bet 85 percent of them have a bad headache and have never actually had a migraine. True migraines are incapacitating, even with meds.

The worst one I ever had (technically, I didn't have migraines, I had cluster headaches (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache)), my doc sent me in for a CT scan and a MRI to make sure I didn't have a brain tumor. I went blind in the eye, the pressure behind my eye burst most of the blood vessels (so there literally was no "white" to my eye), and at one point the doc had me spraying Lidocaine up my nostrils with a syringe onto my sinuses just for pain management.

stevieray
09-10-2011, 02:26 PM
It appears that nine-figure contracts are going to be the norm for elite players under the new CBA.

I'm having a reeeeeal hard time contributing to that kind of jack.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Nice. Our government just got 16 million in taxes on that bonus.

sedated
09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Crazy how they could pay both jared allen AND their RB, but we couldn't.

Not a terrible decision to re-up their young stud since he's only 26, but he would be a freak of nature to see the end of that deal.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Chris Johnson is holding out again.

MIAdragon
09-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Crazy how they could pay both jared allen AND their RB, but we couldn't.

Not a terrible decision to re-up their young stud since he's only 26, but he would be a freak of nature to see the end of that deal.

I don't think it was ever that we couldn't, more along the "not worth the risk" side of things with Allen.

MIAdragon
09-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Chris Johnson is holding out again.

I cant stand that fucker.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=sedated;7892760]Crazy how they could pay both jared allen AND their RB, but we couldn't.

QUOTE]

Not to mention how they broke the bank with Favre. Funny how most teams will do everyhthing possible to aquire and retain Pro Bowlers no matter the cost while our owners make saving money the priority when in the same situation.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't think it was ever that we couldn't, more along the "not worth the risk" side of things with Allen.

That's sure what Carl wanted us to think. And he was wrong again.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2011, 03:55 PM

I wouldn't either but im not in that situation. Sometimes teams are forced to overspend on superstar players. That's what the fans pay to see and u don't want to come off cheap. Tough decision no doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=sedated;7892760]Crazy how they could pay both jared allen AND their RB, but we couldn't.

QUOTE]

Not to mention how they broke the bank with Favre. Funny how most teams will do everyhthing possible to aquire and retain Pro Bowlers no matter the cost while our owners make saving money the priority when in the same situation.

We just made Tamba the 2nd Highest paid pass rusher in the league, and have re-signed every player that has earned a contract since Pioli has been here. Do not use Carl Peterson's ass hole tactics as a barometer of how we pay our players. We also landed Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Albert in the JA trade, so even that example is pointless.
Not to mention the fact that it has been proven that pay-roll, and winning do not, in any way, go hand in hand when it comes to winning.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=BeachTribe]

We just made Tamba the 2nd Highest paid pass rusher in the league, and have re-signed every player that has earned a contract since Pioli has been here. Do not use Carl Peterson's ass hole tactics as a barometer of how we pay our players. We also landed Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Albert in the JA trade, so even that example is pointless.
Not to mention the fact that it has been proven that pay-roll, and winning do not, in any way, go hand in hand when it comes to winning.

Sorry if I'm critical of giving away Pro Bowlers, I definitely agree it's nice to see out new leaders taking responsiblity for paying and keeping talent the way Carl failed us so many times. I know they don't always go hand and hand, but it's been proven time and time again big pay rolls statistically increase the chances of winning, no?

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM
And BTW, how many SBs have the Vikes won by paying (over-paying) huge amounts of money to their players.
It's also pretty unanimous that it was not a good idea to give this kind of money to a RB.

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=beach tribe;7892905]

Sorry if I'm critical of giving away Pro Bowlers, I definitely agree it's nice to see out new leaders taking responsiblity for paying and keeping talent the way Carl failed us so many times. I know they don't hand and hand, but it's been proven time and time again big pay rolls statistically increase the chances of winning, no?

No absolutely NOT. Studies show that big pay rolls do NOT in any way increase the chance of winning. the average pay-roll of SB winners is 15th IIRC.

-King-
09-10-2011, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=beach tribe;7892905]

Sorry if I'm critical of giving away Pro Bowlers, I definitely agree it's nice to see out new leaders taking responsiblity for paying and keeping talent the way Carl failed us so many times. I know they don't always go hand and hand, but it's been proven time and time again big pay rolls statistically increase the chances of winning, no?

Not at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
09-10-2011, 04:13 PM
If it did, the Redskins would be a dynasty.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=BEACHRIBE;7892912]

No absolutely NOT. Studies show that big pay rolls do NOT in any way increase the chance of winning. the average pay-roll of SB winners is 15th IIRC.

Hey, 15th out of 32 teams means the numbers are still slightly in my arguments favor ;). I can't believe it's that low in the NFL though, that's actually pretty amazing. Still, when it comes to all sports, I have to imagine it rings true over a wide range, especially factoring in NBA and, worse, MLB.

CoMoChief
09-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Charles needs to fire his agent lol

Consistent1
09-10-2011, 06:40 PM
And BTW, how many SBs have the Vikes won by paying (over-paying) huge amounts of money to their players.
It's also pretty unanimous that it was not a good idea to give this kind of money to a RB.

What kind of money? Making standard high-end dollars these days with bullshit inflated overall numbers that are about 80% sure to never happen. NFL contract numbers are complete bullshit in this way.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2011, 06:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uij7p.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Why you pay so much for a RB considering their short lifespan anymore is beyond me...

big cahones
09-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I think it's ridiculous what these ****ing guys are getting paid, let alone a running back. The Vikings are retarded. No matter how good you are at football there is no reason any one of these players should be making more than 10 million a year. Paying players this kind of money is what made baseball a joke for me.