PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This is not a thread in defense of Matt Cassel, but..

Fritz88
09-11-2011, 01:24 PM
the entire team, coaching, special teams, OC (mother **** you Muir), DC has played like pure shit. Our CBs and LBs played the worst I have seen in a long, long time.

You lose at home, like this, at the start of the season, to a shitty team...then you abandon the season as a fan. I am fairly certain, unless Haley makes drastic changes and Cassel plays lights out, that this season is going down the shitter and it will be Haley's last year at KC. I also doubt we resign any of our prime players because no one wants to play in a ****ing sad team like this...

Rewatch the game and see the looks of our bench. It screams "**** my life this team is a ****ed up raped monkey fetus".

Bugeater
09-11-2011, 01:27 PM
It all starts at the top. Pioli is a fucking clown.

Fritz88
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
It all starts at the top. Pioli is a ****ing clown.

I think Pioli gave enough chance to see Haley's worth...firing incoming

tk13
09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I do think the whole team looked unprepared. I was shocked at how bad we tackled today.

The funny thing is people are already going to start calling for Stanzi. I don't know. If this team is going to look THIS unprepared he's probably going to get killed in there. But we'll see.

jd1020
09-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I do think the whole team looked unprepared. I was shocked at how bad we tackled today.

The funny thing is people are already going to start calling for Stanzi. I don't know. If this team is going to look THIS unprepared he's probably going to get killed in there. But we'll see.

Whats funny about wanting to see what seemed to be the most prepared and best QB this team has on the roster?

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:04 PM
It all starts at the top. Pioli is a ****ing clown.

Ugh. Go away. People are such jackasses. Pioli has done a commendable job.

Bugeater
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Ugh. Go away. People are such jackasses. Pioli has done a commendable job.
LMAO

kcfan82
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm glad Pioli didn't pick up any top flight free agents, because obviously we didn't need them.

tk13
Whats funny about wanting to see what seemed to be the most prepared and best QB this team has on the roster?

Most composed, probably. Most prepared? I don't know about that. I don't know what you saw today that made you think that the coaching staff prepared anyone on this roster effectively, but if you think that more power to you.

notorious
It's the same shitty offense we ran last year, so what's the problem?

Fuck this team from top- to-bottom.

Ace Gunner
09-11-2011, 02:07 PM
This will be Matt Cassel's last season, I think. You got to be able to lead your team at this point in your career and I don't see him leading them at all.

Certainly, Pioli's baby here. But I guarantee Haley won't let Cassel on the field again if he puts up 2 more games like this. Palko time coming, I think.

Stanzi won't be ready this season, but Haley will play him at some point later if they tank.

kcpasco
09-11-2011, 02:08 PM

The protection from the line wasn't that bad today.

jd1020
Most composed, probably. Most prepared? I don't know about that. I don't know what you saw today that made you think that the coaching staff prepared anyone on this roster effectively, but if you think that more power to you.

I know I didn't see Stanzi play today so I'm not sure why you are referencing todays game.

Oh Snap
give me stanzi...if I wanna see a dink and dunk passer who throws for 3 yards whnever we need 13 for the first, Id rather it be someone who doesnt make starting QB money. Dump cassels ass...and fuck mccluster.

the Talking Can
09-11-2011, 02:11 PM
we're pissing in the wind until we draft and groom a first round QB...nothing else matters

tk13
It's not about protection. Maybe I'm wrong and Stanzi knows the offense inside and out even though he had no summer work and barely played in preseason. I can't believe he's ready yet. People are treating him like he's Luck.

If Cassel keeps playing like he did today, he'll get his chance. I hope he does. But if Stanzi comes in as a 5th round rookie with barely any summer work, little preparation, and is ready 2 games into the first season, Pioli is a genius.

Bane
175 y/o OC + highschool QB = this kind of performance.

Psyko Tek
every facet of this team sucked ass
the only players who had a clue where carr and flowers
but why bother them
when career days where to be had by the TE and running backs
this is major WtF territory and Todd maybe you should rethink any long term plans in KC

ILChief
09-11-2011, 02:14 PM
At some point the wide receivers have to become the focal point of the passing attack. It seems like KC always throws to TEs and RBs before the receivers.

jd1020
09-11-2011, 02:15 PM
At some point the wide receivers have to become the focal point of the passing attack. It seems like KC always throws to TEs and RBs before the receivers.

Because Cassel cant throw the ball out "wide."

Bewbies
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
All that off-season talk about how awesome Matt Cassel is/was dies quickly when we actually play football.

kcpasco
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
In fact the o line was probably the least amount of fail today compared to everything else.

58kcfan89
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
For those saying Pioli sucks & whatnot, I think most of this roster is well built, but 2009 Draft Week is killing us right now. Cassel, Jackson & a bunch of nothing. But don't act like Hali, Flowers, Berry, Charles, etc. all of a sudden suck after 1 bad game...

And yes, the DEF looked like shit, but they were put in a bad position because the special teams sucked & offense couldn't move the ball all day. Not to mention they knew they had to play perfect because offense wasn't scoring. Lot of pressure to put on 1 side of the ball.

That said, fuck Cassel, and I wouldn't mind tanking this year to get Luck/any franchise QB.

tk13
Actually I will say one good thing about playing Stanzi would be our offense would probably go into a shell and we'd actually play to our strength of running the football. Play it like Sanchez and Roethlisberger their rookie seasons... run the ball 1250 million times and don't let the QB make any mistakes.

dirk digler
Because Cassel cant throw the ball out "wide."

or inside or anywhere to be honest

jd1020
09-11-2011, 02:19 PM
or inside or anywhere to be honest

That's not true. He's pretty good at dumping the ball off behind the LoS and letting other people get his passing yards.

the Talking Can
09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
In fact the o line was probably the least amount of fail today compared to everything else.

yup...cassel had plenty of time......to suck ass and embarrass the position

dirk digler
09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
That's not true. He's pretty good at dumping the ball off behind the LoS and letting other people get his passing yards.

lol true but that isn't really a positive

Abba-Dabba
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
we're pissing in the wind until we draft and groom a first round QB...nothing else matters

I absolutely agree. But I don't have enough confidence that the Chiefs can do that.

LiveSteam
09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm glad Pioli didn't pick up any top flight free agents, because obviously we didn't need them.

I see what you did there

Bugeater
09-11-2011, 02:23 PM
For those saying Pioli sucks & whatnot, I think most of this roster is well built, but 2009 Draft Week is killing us right now. Cassel, Jackson & a bunch of nothing. But don't act like Hali, Flowers, Berry, Charles, etc. all of a sudden suck after 1 bad game...

And yes, the DEF looked like shit, but they were put in a bad position because the special teams sucked & offense couldn't move the ball all day. Not to mention they knew they had to play perfect because offense wasn't scoring. Lot of pressure to put on 1 side of the ball.

That said, fuck Cassel, and I wouldn't mind tanking this year to get Luck/any franchise QB.
How many of those players did Pioli draft?

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:23 PM
yup...cassel had plenty of time......to suck ass and embarrass the position

He really did.

He was only legitimately pressured 4 or 5 times today, and the sack he took that put Succop (who isn't getting any better) out of his range might have been more stupid than the sack that broke his rib.

Easy 6
09-11-2011, 02:25 PM
HE'S TOUGH!
HE'S A TEAM GUY!
HE'S A HARD WORKER!
HE'S NOT A STARTING QB!

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM

That's not how you build a quality team. How many high priced FAs did Pioli grab in NE? His FA were moderate signings or guys off the scrap heap.

How many does PIT get? Indy?

Gaither, Gregg, and Breston aren't bad moves.

Stop pissing and moaning based on one game.

the Talking Can
He really did.

He was only legitimately pressured 4 or 5 times today, and the sack he took that put Succop (who isn't getting any better) out of his range might have been more stupid than the sack that broke his rib.

which is really saying something

Oh Snap

its times like this that makes you wonder how we got as lucky as we did with trent green. He wasnt a real flashy qb, but he was a top 5 quarterback in this league. Damn, I miss those days.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2011, 02:27 PM
The hilarious part....our OL pass blocked pretty well.

the Talking Can
09-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I absolutely agree. But I don't have enough confidence that the Chiefs can do that.

so even after 30 years of fail, you'd rather they didn't try?

i'll never understand this....people would rather suck with shitty QBs then draft a bust in the 1st round

meanwhile, teams that want to win, draft first round QBs until they get it right

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:28 PM
its times like this that makes you wonder how we got as lucky as we did with trent green. He wasnt a real flashy qb, but he was a top 5 quarterback in this league. Damn, I miss those days.

Trent Green put up top 5 numbers, but he was what he was because he had weeks in the pocket with that O-Line.

He was, however, a legitimate NFL Qb, which can not be said about Cassel.

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:30 PM
The hilarious part....our OL pass blocked pretty well.

It was abolutely miserable performance by Cassel, and there isn't any excuse for it.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:32 PM
That's not how you build a quality team. How many high priced FAs did Pioli grab in NE? His FA were moderate signings or guys off the scrap heap.

Yea, lets continue to do it the herm way....Most of it has to do with the coaching.

Pit was a solid program, and has been for a while, as are both the colts and patriots. They are the clear exception to the norm.

The fact is, we need proven free agents.

If we did it you way during the vermiel years, we would have never landed Roaf, Holmes, Green, etc. We need to be more active during the free agency period than we have been.

Dont get me wrong, the draft is important, but you dont build championship caliber teams solely through the draft.

Fritz88
09-11-2011, 02:33 PM
It was abolutely miserable performance by Cassel, and there isn't any excuse for it.

Barry Richerdson's farts confused Cassel.

You can't refute that.

kcpasco
09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Cassel needs to be bagging groceries. At this point I wouldn't even call him a legitimate back up.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2011, 02:35 PM
After watching today I don't know how Cassel went 27/7 last year.

Weis is a wizard.

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Yea, lets continue to do it the herm way....Most of it has to do with the coaching.

Pit was a solid program, and has been for a while, as are both the colts and patriots. They are the clear exception to the norm.

If we did it you way during the vermiel years, we would have never landed Roaf, Holmes, Green, etc. We need to be more active during the free agency period than we have been.

Dont get me wrong, the draft is important, but you dont build championship caliber teams solely through the draft.

Go back and look at the SB winners for the last 10 or 15 years.

All of those teams were built through the draft, with very little free agent impact.

Abba-Dabba
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
so even after 30 years of fail, you'd rather they didn't try?

i'll never understand this....people would rather suck with shitty QBs then draft a bust in the 1st round

meanwhile, teams that want to win, draft first round QBs until they get it right

No I didn't say that at all. I can still hope for the best, but that does't mean I will have confidence that they can do it until they have atleast shown a tad bit of promise of being able to do so.

I can't remember any QB the Chiefs have aquired through the draft and have atleast developed even into a decent backup QB, let alone a shitty starter.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Trent Green put up top 5 numbers, but he was what he was because he had weeks in the pocket with that O-Line.

He was, however, a legitimate NFL Qb, which can not be said about Cassel.

i agree, our OL was bomb back then.

The OL really is the foundation of an offense. That was the way that vermiel treated the OL, and it showed. We had one of the best offensive lines in the history imo.

And dead on about cassel. He is a backup at best.

WilliamTheIrish
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
He really did.

Worst play a QB could make in that situation. Absolutely the worst play.

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:38 PM

I love how your only knowledge of football comes ONLY from the Chiefs.

I also love how you cannot process how all FAs are NOT necessarily high priced.

Also, NE, PIT, and Indy are the *exception* to the rule? LOL. They *are* the rule. Name me three other teams that have built a more solid franchise? You can't. Name the ones who did it with HIGH PRICED FAs too. Hell, name me one team that did it the Dan Snider way.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Go back and look at the SB winners for the last 10 or 15 years.

All of those teams were built through the draft, with very little free agent impact.

again, look at the FO's and coaching staffs...also drafting a caliber player like manning, where it actually turns out well, doesnt happen often. A lot of those teams got lucky...

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
i agree, our OL was bomb back then.

The OL really is the foundation of an offense. That was the way that vermiel treated the OL, and it showed. We had one of the best offensive lines in the history imo.

And dead on about cassel. He is a backup at best.

Again, look at the O-Lines of the SB winners.

There's a couple of very good ones, but for the most part, it's QB play that wins SBs, and those QBs make their O-Lines look better than they are.

el borracho
09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
64.5 QB rating with 10 of 22 completions going to the running backs. Just terrible. Please, please, please let this be Cassell's last year here.

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
again, look at the FO's and coaching staffs...also drafting a caliber player like manning, where it actually turns out well, doesnt happen often. A lot of those teams got lucky...

Awesome. So name me the teams that didn't get "lucky" and built a quality franchise with High Priced FAs?

You can't.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I love how your only knowledge of football comes ONLY from the Chiefs.

derp herp we're on a chiefs forum...

I also love how you cannot process how all FAs are NOT necessarily high priced.

Also, NE, PIT, and Indy are the *exception* to the rule? LOL. They *are* the rule. Name me three other teams that have built a more solid franchise? You can't. Name the ones who did it with HIGH PRICED FAs too. Hell, name me one team that did it the Dan Snider way.

all assumptions of things I never said. And ive already addressed the part where coaching plays the ultimate role.

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Again, look at the O-Lines of the SB winners.

There's a couple of very good ones, but for the most part, it's QB play that wins SBs, and those QBs make their O-Lines look better than they are.

So true.

Brady was the least sacked QB in 07 and 09. Yet Cassel was the MOST sacked QB in 08...behind the exact same line.

Look at the Colts oline w/o Peyton.

Cassel has no pocket presence. For all the crybaby whining, that's a legit knock against him. Hell, that's where so many of his probs stem from, IMO.

Easy 6
After watching today I don't know how Cassel went 27/7 last year.

Weis is a wizard.

Haleys worst mistake, bar none... he should've done whatever it took to keep him here.

Stodgy, first timer Muir, calling in plays to Zorn, who turns around & sends them to Cassel... how the hell was that supposed to work?

Oh Snap
Awesome. So name me the teams that didn't get "lucky" and built a quality franchise with High Priced FAs?

You can't.

look here phaggot, I never said that teams should go strictly free agency while ****ing away with the draft.

The fact is, drafting alone, in our current state and our unique situation..is not enough for this team... ya dirty bitch.

Micjones
09-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I honestly don't know how much his ribs affected his play today. You can't ignore that fact, but neither can you hang today's performance solely on the injury. Passes sailed (as a result of not stepping into throws). I have to think that's harder to do when your ribs are cracked. I could be wrong though. I'm no Jim Zorn. I won't pretend to know. But I also saw him putting the ball in bad spots and throwing behind receivers. Not sure you can blame a rib injury for that (as we've seen that in the past).

If these types of performances continue...
The Chiefs need to move on either during or after the '11 season.

kcpasco
09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I honestly don't know how much his ribs affected his play today. You can't ignore that fact, but neither can you hang today's performance solely on the injury. Passes sailed (as a result of not stepping into throws). I have to think that's harder to do when your ribs are cracked. I could be wrong though. I'm no Jim Zorn. I won't pretend to know.

If these types of performances continue though...
The Chiefs need to move on either during or after the '11 season.

Cassel passes have always sailed. He's a shit Qb plain and simple.

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
derp herp we're on a chiefs forum...

Hey dumbass, the Chiefs aren't the only team in the NFL. If your only understanding of football comes solely from what happens here -- then you simply do not follow football.

Derp.

all assumptions of things I never said. And ive already addressed the part where coaching plays the ultimate role.

Then wtf *are* you saying? Cause it sounds like you want high priced FAs. Sorry, but that won't build you a quality franchise.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:48 PM

dis sho am good.

Yea, cassel has never been a great passer. He had a few good games against sub par opponents last year. But he also cost us a few games last year with some questionable throws.

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
look here phaggot, I never said that teams should go strictly free agency while ****ing away with the draft.

The fact is, drafting alone, in our current state and our unique situation..is not enough for this team... ya dirty bitch.

Except the Chiefs havent just drafted.

Gaither, Breston, Gregg, and McClain. Good players. Nott to high priced.

ILChief
09-11-2011, 02:53 PM
No I didn't say that at all. I can still hope for the best, but that does't mean I will have confidence that they can do it until they have atleast shown a tad bit of promise of being able to do so.

I can't remember any QB the Chiefs have aquired through the draft and have atleast developed even into a decent backup QB, let alone a shitty starter.

Hey, Croyle was a shitty starter!

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey dumbass, the Chiefs aren't the only team in the NFL. If your only understanding of football comes solely from what happens here -- then you simply do not follow football.

Derp.

You're right, im sorry...I wont make the mistake of discussing anything chiefs related while posting on a chiefs forum

lets be real tea, you dont make up the rules here. Ill discuss whatever the fuck I feel like. Ill even call you a goddamned retard just for the hell of it too. you mad?

Then wtf *are* you saying? Cause it sounds like you want high priced FAs. Sorry, but that won't build you a quality franchise.

Youre so lost. I pointed out a unique situation during the vermiel era in a subsequent post..reading comprehension most suck for you.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Except the Chiefs havent just drafted.

Gaither, Breston, Gregg, and McClain. Good players. Nott to high priced.

I agree. However, gaither was injured, gregg is old, and mcclain is meh.

shocked
09-11-2011, 02:59 PM
You're right, im sorry...I wont make the mistake of discussing anything chiefs related while posting on a chiefs forum

Recognizing that the Chiefs are 1/32 franchises in the NFL =/= never taking about the Chiefs

...sort of like how...

Not pursuing high priced Free Agents =/= not signing any Free Agents

Youre so lost. I pointed out a unique situation during the vermiel era in a subsequent post..reading comprehension most suck for you.

How old are you?

Micjones
09-11-2011, 02:59 PM

I'm going to reserve judgment.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Recognizing that the Chiefs are 1/32 franchises in the NFL =/= never taking about the Chiefs

This is a really bizarre sequence of posts by you, where you falsely presume a position of which I never stated. try harder...

notorious
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm going to reserve judgment.

Sarcasm?

If Cassel hasn't convinced you that he is horrible, then you a bigger homer then KnowMo ever was.

tredadda
09-11-2011, 09:24 PM

That won't happen. The team drafted one in the first round in 1983 and he turned out to be a bust so now they are gun shy about doing it again. I guess they figure that drafting late round "gems" or picking up QB's that other teams did not want for a reason is they key to success even though 28 years after Blackledge we are still clamoring for a QB and a playoff win. The only ones we had were with Montana on his last legs, but players like him rarely hit the market and the only reason why he did was because of Steve Young.

tredadda
09-11-2011, 09:28 PM

What do all these teams have in common? Oh yeah and elite franchise QB. Amazing how they change the dynamics of a football team. We can't do that because we have to keep babying Cassel and cover up every flaw he has.

Messier
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
That won't happen. The team drafted one in the first round in 1983 and he turned out to be a bust so now they are gun shy about doing it again. I guess they figure that drafting late round "gems" or picking up QB's that other teams did not want for a reason is they key to success even though 28 years after Blackledge we are still clamoring for a QB and a playoff win. The only ones we had were with Montana on his last legs, but players like him rarely hit the market and the only reason why he did was because of Steve Young.

Pioli and Haley don't care about 1983. So unless there's some mandate handed down from the Hunt family about no first round QB's the fact the last one was a bust shouldn't matter.

I almost want the 1st overall pick just because it would force the Chiefs hand.

RealSNR
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM

The funny thing is people are already going to start calling for Stanzi. I don't know. If this team is going to look THIS unprepared he's probably going to get killed in there. But we'll see.I don't see it. Killed? By what? Is Richardson going to stab him in the locker room?

The funny thing is Cassel had not bad (not good either, but still) protection from the offensive line. If Stanzi had that, what makes you think he'd get "killed"? What would kill him? Defenders? Why would Stanzi get killed by defenders and not Cassel?

Imon Yourside
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Cassel needs to be bagging groceries. At this point I wouldn't even call him a legitimate back up.

50 mil says that'll never happen, unless he lives the life of Charlie Sheen.

tredadda
09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Pioli and Haley don't care about 1983. So unless there's some mandate handed down from the Hunt family about no first round QB's the fact the last one was a bust shouldn't matter.

I almost want the 1st overall pick just because it would force the Chiefs hand.

Carl wasn't around for 1983 either, yet he never drafted a 1st round QB. What signs has Pioli given that he is different. I fear that the Tom Brady syndrome will go to his head. I do agree and hope we draft #1 overall so his hand is forced.