PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Bowser
10-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Just for the record, I think if Mizzou leaves, it will indeed suck for the KC Metro area. It will also suck to not see the old games played on a regular basis any longer, but I will definitely look forward to forging new rivalries, if indeed this does happen.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Oh you were talking announced attendance?

lol

we don't need to go there I suppose.

I see with my eyes. And my eyes don't see 80%.

But again, I have no problem with the crowd. It's actually pretty good.

That's because you don't realize how a thriving student section actually works.

See all the lunatics piled into the center there? They're actually supposed to be spread out a hell of a lot thinner than that, but the crowd tends to pile into the centers and on top of itself.

And announced attendance is generally reliable (as opposed to paid attendance).

But hey, keep on fighting the good fight, beaker.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I guess I could see that for an MU fan in St. Louis, who might end up hating Illinois more or whatever... but, for anyone who went to either school, I don't think it really goes away just because you live in St. Louis and not KC.

Like I said, the whole "who cares more" thing is about superiority.... KU FB would cling onto beating Mizzou, but KU BB just wants to escape Columbia with a victory. And it's the opposite for MU. I've lived with MU fans, and of course they're everywhere around KC, but it doesn't mean I really care about the rivalry.

If MU goes to the SEC, of course they aren't going to miss playing KU in football every season, and I don't see why they would want to schedule an out of conference rival when the SEC is already going to be brutal. And I don't think KU would miss MU in BB, which is probably one reason Self said they won't go out of their way to schedule them.
Exactly, this is what I tried to say about 100 posts ago, with less words.

Pants
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
KK has zero clue on the TV contracts and is now just going with his assumption the Big 12 makes the same as the SEC.

What are the actual contract numbers? What would MU make in the new, stable Big12 with the FOX contract compared to what they stand to make should they go to the SEC?

Bambi
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
That's because you don't realize how a thriving student section actually works.

See all the lunatics piled into the center there? They're actually supposed to be spread out a hell of a lot thinner than that, but the crowd tends to pile into the centers and on top of itself.

And announced attendance is generally reliable (as opposed to paid attendance).

But hey, keep on fighting the good fight, beaker.

Yea, sure looked like that on TV.

speaking of TV:

3rd tier $$ for Jayhawk TV,

Kansas-Texas Football Game Set For 6 p.m.

KU-UT game will be televised on the Jayhawk Television Network.

Oct. 5, 2011

LAWRENCE, Kan. - Kansas and Texas will kick off at 6 p.m., on Saturday, Oct. 29, at Darryl K. Royal Stadium in Austin, Texas, it was announced Wednesday. The game will be broadcast live on both the Longhorn Network and the Jayhawk Television Network.

The game will air in High Definition on the following Jayhawk Television Network (JTN) over-the-air stations in Kansas City and throughout the state of Kansas:

KSMO 62 - Kansas City
WIBW 13 (CBS) - Topeka
KSAS 24 (Fox) - Wichita
KAAS-TV (Fox) - Salina
KOCW-TV (Fox) - Great Bend
KSAS-TV (Fox) - Dodge City
KAAS-TV (Fox) - Garden City

The Jayhawk Network will supplement The Longhorn Network's feed of the game with JTN announcers (to be determined), graphics and cameras. It is JTN's first-ever statewide football telecast; the game will appear on the Longhorn Television Network in Texas and elsewhere around the country.

The telecast agreement is consistent with the process approved by the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors. ABC maintains its "first-selection" rights to games on Oct. 29; this agreement between the Jayhawk and Longhorn Networks assures that the other four Big 12 Conference games that day will be televised as well.

As it has for many years, the Jayhawk Television Network will also televise five men's basketball games throughout the state of Kansas. The basketball and football games represent some of the more than 200 events that will air on the various platforms (over-the-air, cable and All-Access) of the Jayhawk Television Network during the 2011-12 academic year. Most will appear on Kansas Athletics' AT&T Jayhawk All-Access, which is available via kuathletics.com.

Fans who subscribe to AT&T All-Access can watch Late Night in the Phog, the annual tipoff of basketball practice, scheduled for Friday, Oct. 14. Subscribers can also watch:

• KU's two men's basketball exhibition contests
• Football Coach Turner Gill's post-game press conferences after home games
• Gill's weekly press conferences
• Football, men's basketball and women's basketball coaches' weekly television shows
• Home women's basketball games
• The Kansas Relays and other special events, including postgame interviews in many of Kansas' 18 varsity sports.

Fans who subscribe may also listen to:
• The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men's basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches
• Men's basketball coach Bill Self's weekly press conferences
• Weekly Hawk Talk radio shows with Turner Gill, Bill Self and women's basketball coach Bonnie Henrickson, and
• Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics.

In addition, KU fans can watch home volleyball matches and baseball games free of charge. Kansas fans can subscribe to Jayhawk All-Access by going to www.kuathletics.com and clicking on the AT&T Jayhawk All-Access button on the right. Jayhawk All-Access subscriptions are only $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Okay, so why is that relevant?

Bearcat
10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
KK: 'they could go 0-12 in football"

JH: "well....they're not going to go 0-12, I can guarantee you that"

KK. "didn't say they would...but they 'could'"

jfc.

LMAO

KU could win the rest of their games this year!! PBJ

Well, they 'could'...

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 02:44 PM
What are the actual contract numbers? What would MU make in the new, stable Big12 with the FOX contract compared to what they stand to make should they go to the SEC?

SEC teams made $18.5MM in tier 1 and 2 football revenue last year, and the Big 12 will make around $14MM with the new deal.

Of course this assumes that the SEC only gets equal payouts for A&M and Mizzou instead of renegotiating the entire contracts like Slive has said they have the legal power to do.

Dayze
10-05-2011, 02:44 PM
KK: (something to the effect) "there is no dirtier, cheating conference than the SEC"

lol. yeah...no other conferences cheat. Everyone is squeeky clean except the SEC.

KcMizzou
10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
The SEC has herpes.

Dayze
10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I cracked up when I heard that.

Pants
10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
SEC teams made $18.5MM in tier 1 and 2 football revenue last year, and the Big 12 will make around $14MM with the new deal.

Of course this assumes that the SEC only gets equal payouts for A&M and Mizzou instead of renegotiating the entire contracts like Slive has said they have the legal power to do.

That's a big difference if those numbers are correct. Don't see why MU's brass even needed the discussion.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I cannot believe Kietzman is having a meltdown of this type.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
A poll? It's not a fucking political primary.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
That's a big difference if those numbers are correct. Don't see why MU's brass even needed the discussion.

Well they had to evaluate how their move would potentially cripple the entire economy of the Midwest.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Get up for a game now and again? You make it sound like it was some kind of challenge to beat MU in the past years. LMAO

MU's program has been on a a slow upswing since Pinkel took over, but don't act like it's some kind of a powerhouse program.

No kidding, some fans aren't used to being winners, it is new to them and they don't know how to handle it.

I predict a big dose of humility is on the way.

Dayze
10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Well they had to evaluate how their move would potentially cripple the entire economy of the Midwest.

LMAO

Pants
10-05-2011, 02:50 PM

You think the entire economy of the Midwest revolves around intercollegiate sports?

Reaper16
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
You think the entire economy of the Midwest revolves around intercollegiate sports?
He's making fun of KK.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I cannot believe Kietzman is having a meltdown of this type.

I can. He bleeds purple, and KSU is in a very precarious place should the Big XII dissolve.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Because obvious move has never been obvious for Mizzou.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
You have to be the biggest idiot on the board. It was Miami of Ohio, and even with that, the stadium is far from empty.

I would also point out that the emptiest section of that stadium setup is the area that is part of the 5,000 allotment that is reserved for visiting fans/open seating each week. And yes, as someone pointed out, when you have a student section that is strong, the students just outside it tend to crowd down further into the section.

Also, the 71k seating capacity includes 4000 or so "blanket room-only" seats on the North lawn. Actual "seated" capacity is a few seats over 67,000.

Attendance for teh Western Illinois was actually quite amazing. 60k plus for an FCS school. Much different than when I was in school...

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Get up for a game now and again? You make it sound like it was some kind of challenge to beat MU in the past years. LMAO

MU's program has been on a a slow upswing since Pinkel took over, but don't act like it's some kind of a powerhouse program.

Powerhouse? I agree. Not there. However only a handful of teams in the game have won 40 games in 40 years and even bigger talent is coming into Columbia. I think a lot of the confidence is based on the consistent nature of success and trying to be put in a position to have greater success. Kids that play at the University of Missouri are all over the NFL doing good work. They haven't been able to completely put the pieces together for one season but they remain in a position of success based on a program not this or that great player.

Pants
10-05-2011, 03:01 PM
He's making fun of KK.

Oh my bad. LMAO Total fail on my part. I'm not a big fan of KK so I don't listen to him very much.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Sports radio sucks so hard. But I won't go on that rant here. Heh.

Pants
10-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Powerhouse? I agree. Not there. However only a handful of teams in the game have won 40 games in 40 years and even bigger talent is coming into Columbia. I think a lot of the confidence is based on the consistent nature of success and trying to be put in a position to have greater success. Kids that play at the University of Missouri are all over the NFL doing good work. They haven't been able to completely put the pieces together for one season but they remain in a position of success based on a program not this or that great player.

I was talking more about the past when Bowser brought up KU "getting up" for a challenge from time to time and managing to beat MU. It wasn't that big of a feat back then. You guys are obviously much better now compared to even as recently as when I went to school.

Stewie
10-05-2011, 03:04 PM

The estimated next Tier 1 TV contract for the Big XII with aTm and MU as part of the equation was expected to be in the $350 million range. That contract is going to be negotiated in three years, or so I've heard. Of course, that number will change without aTm and MU in the mix. If MU leaves and the Big XII adds BYU and TCU, or some combination of worthy additions it might not be far off.

The reason against 16-team leagues is dilution of TV money. The bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of the league is a drain on resources.

teedubya
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Powerhouse? I agree. Not there. However only a handful of teams in the game have won 40 games in 40 years and even bigger talent is coming into Columbia..

I'm pretty sure that the Jayhawks have won 40 games in 40 years... we average AT LEAST one win a year. :D

Crush
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7063633/missouri-tigers-hope-join-sec-had-wanted-big-ten-invite-most

Report: Missouri hopes to join SEC

ST. LOUIS -- The University of Missouri hopes to join the Southeastern Conference but would have preferred an offer from the Big Ten that never came, a school official told The Associated Press.

The person, who is familiar with the discussions involving conference affiliation, spoke Wednesday on condition of anonymity because the school has not commented publicly about its intentions.

Missouri hoped to join the Big Ten last year but the league instead chose Nebraska. The university official said the Big Ten remains Missouri's top choice but that conference "has no interest."

"That's what's left," the official said, referring to the SEC.

Missouri's seven voting curators agreed unanimously Tuesday night to give chancellor Brady Deaton authority to look elsewhere rather than immediately commit to the troubled Big 12 Conference.

Just one day earlier, Big 12 leaders -- including Deaton -- agreed to equally share the wealth from the conference's most lucrative television deals if members agree to lock those top-tier TV rights into the league for at least six years.

The agreement is subject to approval by university governing boards -- a step Missouri curators don't want to take until the school is able to "fully explore options for conference affiliation ... which best serve the interests of the University of Missouri," board chairman Warren Erdman told The Associated Press.

The Big 12 is down to 10 members and will lose Texas A&M to the SEC next year after the departures of Colorado to the Pac-12 and Nebraska to the Big Ten.

The SEC members' athletic directors and commissioner Mike Slive met Wednesday in Birmingham, Ala., to discuss the logistics of Texas A&M's arrival. A conference spokesman said the meeting was called several weeks ago.

A possible addition of Missouri was not on the agenda, a source with direct knowledge of the meeting told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Slive has not ruled out further expansion, and Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart has said the SEC will eventually add members.

Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin said Tuesday the conference is in a wait-and-see mode on further expansion.

"The commissioner has done such a great job of positioning us and we continue just to kind of look for his guidance and for him to lead us in whatever direction we decide on," Stricklin said. "When he says, 'Hey, here's an idea,' we're going to listen to him. Until then, I think we are all very comfortable with where we are at 13 for the time being."

But South Carolina president Harris Pastides has said he doesn't "think 13 is a sustainable number, but I think 14 is." He added that he doesn't advocate growing to a 16-team league.

Besides being a fresh blow to the Big 12, a Missouri departure would threaten its long-standing rivalry with neighboring Kansas, one of the oldest in college sports. Kansas men's basketball coach Bill Self told the Lawrence Journal-World that the border showdowns may not continue if Missouri bolts.

"I have no ill will toward Missouri at all, but to do something at a time that could be so damaging and hurtful to a group, I can't see us just taking it and forgetting," he told the newspaper.

Kansas athletic director Shannon Zenger was less forceful, appealing instead to the Tigers' sense of loyalty to the league.

"We believe the Midwest deserves a strong conference for student-athletes, fans and alumni, and it is our desire that Missouri will stay committed -- as Kansas is -- to the Big 12 Conference," he said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 03:08 PM
The SEC has herpes.

lol, was funny

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Jayhawks have won 40 games in 40 years... we average AT LEAST one win a year. :D

Haha. 40 wins in 4 years.

Excuse me though. I am polishing the 40 wins in 40 years Mizzou banner I hung up in my house. :)

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
The estimated next Tier 1 TV contract for the Big XII with aTm and MU as part of the equation was expected to be in the $350 million range. That contract is going to be negotiated in three years, or so I've heard. Of course, that number will change without aTm and MU in the mix. If MU leaves and the Big XII adds BYU and TCU, or some combination of worthy additions it might not be far off.

The reason against 16-team leagues is dilution of TV money. The bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of the league is a drain on resources.

Just wait until the SEC goes to the table with ESPN with its new lineup.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM

And the new SEC tv contracts are expected to blow the doors off anything out there right now - you know, the conference that has won five straight NC's and wins the national ratings every week - but I figured it would be more fair to deal with the current contracts.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
And the new SEC tv contracts are expected to blow the doors off anything out there right now - you know, the conference that has won five straight NC's and wins the national ratings every week - but I figured it would be more fair to deal with the current contracts.

The conference that just got a foot hold in Texas and the Missouri markets by taking 2 of the top 4 most valuable teams in the B12.

Bearcat
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
"That's what's left," the official said, referring to the SEC.

LOL, I probably wouldn't say it like that when applying... ;)

Not a bad fall back plan.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:13 PM
IF the SEC went to KU and said come on, we want your basketball history...

Every KU fan in the world would tell Texas and OU to cram it up their cram holes were going to the SEC...

In the blink of an eye.

So you don't really believe in the loyalty to the big 12 as an entity? It is only about money and what an individual school can do for themselves?

Why not just go independent then?

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 03:16 PM
So you don't really believe in the loyalty to the big 12 as an entity? It is only about money and what an individual school can do for themselves?

Why not just go independent then?

The Big XII has absolutely no history. This is the equivalent of arguing to stay loyal to the town whore.

The last point isn't at all connected to any of this.

Stewie
10-05-2011, 03:17 PM

And it should with at least a 14-team league. The problem is that ABC/ESPN etc. don't give a shit about teams at the bottom of such a big league and don't negotiate based on the size of the conference. Yet, the Miss. States and Vanderbilts get an equal share. That's the sucking sound. The reason I mentioned a 16-team conference as probably untenable is because it makes the situation even worse between the top teams and bottom teams.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 03:19 PM
The conference that just got a foot hold in Texas and the Missouri markets by taking 2 of the top 4 most valuable teams in the B12.

The conference that just added 31 million people to its footprint... which is a 56 percent increase in its footprint.

Yeah. TV deal will bump up, considerably.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
KK must be a Chiefs fan: don't go to the SEC because the teams there are good.

The schedule will be difficult!!!

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Never have I ever heard someone stitch themselves a clown suit on live radio.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
The Big XII has absolutely no history. This is the equivalent of arguing to stay loyal to the town whore.

The last point isn't at all connected to any of this.

I guess we look at both points differently.

The big12 was an outgrowth of the big8, which was an outgrowth of the big6, etc. etc. . Lots of history.

Stewie
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Ya know, if MU leaves, the big loser in all of this is KCMO and Jackson County. That's million$ in revenue between the b-ball tourney and the game at Arrowhead. I guess that loss is just transferred to the MU athletic department. Good for them.

ChiefsCountry
10-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Since the state of Missouri is so important for the Big 12 I guess Missouri State should be getting a call soon then. ;):D

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I guess we look at both points differently.

The big12 was an outgrowth of the big8, which was an outgrowth of the big6, etc. etc. . Lots of history.

And I would love to turn back the clock on this whole bullshit.

talastan
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Since the state of Missouri is so important for the Big 12 I guess Missouri State should be getting a call soon then. ;):D

That would be somewhat hilarious if the Big XII extends an offer to MSU. I live here in Springfield and I'll tell you that Missouri State would get killed against any Division I school. Check out their game against Oregon a couple of weeks ago for an example.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Niiice.

http://queencityfamilyman.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/bilde.jpeg

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM

They are an improving program, with a football team.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM
That would be somewhat hilarious if the Big XII extends an offer to MSU. I live here in Springfield and I'll tell you that Missouri State would get killed against any Division I school. Check out their game against Oregon a couple of weeks ago for an example.

They don't have a DIV 1 worthy stadium.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM

I doubt they are very far down the list when they act like Cincinnati and Houston would be great additions.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Ya know, if MU leaves, the big loser in all of this is KCMO and Jackson County. That's million$ in revenue between the b-ball tourney and the game at Arrowhead. I guess that loss is just transferred to the MU athletic department. Good for them.

hahaha!

Now that is just rich.

The scared shitless beakers are really pulling out all the stops now. Are you going to start posting pictures of kittens with sad faces now?

"If not for Kansas City - do it for this kitten"

http://chan.catiewayne.com/c/src/131326635692.jpg

Really, truly, incredibly fucking pathetic.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
And I would love to turn back the clock on this whole bullshit.

We can certainly agree on that.

Can you agree that there is responsibility of each team to the conference and the other institutions in the conference? That they all depend on each other for the common good, thus the contract?

talastan
10-05-2011, 03:32 PM
They are an improving program, with a football team.

Missouri State is basically like KU to an extent. Great BBall school, but terrible football. Although I will say they've had a couple of guys get drafted into the pros. :hmmm:

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
There is no reason Missouri St. shouldn't have success at that level in football. Pretty ridiculous. Big school...within reach of KC, STL, Tulsa...Springfield has talented kids as well.

Stewie
10-05-2011, 03:34 PM
hahaha!

Now that is just rich.

The scared shitless beakers are really pulling out all the stops now. Are you going to start posting pictures of kittens with sad faces now?

http://chan.catiewayne.com/c/src/131326635692.jpg

Really, truly, incredibly fucking pathetic.

I live in Kansas. I don't give a shit about KCMO or Jackson County. I have nothing invested in that piece of shit. In fact, I think it's hilarious that Jackson County MU fans can't wait to give someone money that should be theirs.

ChiefsCountry

We were beating Oregon after the first drive of the game. :clap:

DJ's left nut
We can certainly agree on that.

Can you agree that there is responsibility of each team to the conference and the other institutions in the conference? That they all depend on each other for the common good, thus the contract?

There's no honor among thieves.

In a league where the central power brokers set the system up in a manner that pretty much disregarded the welfare of 1/2 the league, then refused to bow when the league was starting to spiral apart - well I'd say the bonds of trust never truly existed.

You could argue that the old Big 8 schools had that sort of 'social contract' amongst themselves...until NE and OU also pissed on the other 6 during the formation of the XII.

I admitted I was jealous of NE when they got to get out of dodge and now I'm ecstatic that MU looks to be doing the same. This conference has inmates more than it has roommates, let alone friends. Sorry, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

Bearcat
hahaha!

Now that is just rich.

People have been saying it for months regarding the Big 12... it's a big loss for KC. It's not that hard to understand. :shrug:

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Missouri State is basically like KU to an extent. Great BBall school, but terrible football. Although I will say they've had a couple of guys get drafted into the pros. :hmmm:

Wow, I am not sure I would go that far, but ok.

WSU would compare to them in BB, and WSU had a couple guys get into the NFL. Bill Parcells came from WSU, along with Jumpy Gaethers.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Both also hired Terry Allen to be their football coach...

talastan
There is no reason Missouri St. shouldn't have success at that level in football. Pretty ridiculous. Big school...within reach of KC, STL, Tulsa...Springfield has talented kids as well.

Except that they don't stay here in Springfield when they can get better scholarships to better schools. Dorial Green-Beckham is one of the main reasons I'd love to see Mizzou in the SEC. With MU in the SEC it might be the tipping point in keeping him here in Missouri! :thumb: Primetime exposure and he'll get to play close to home.

DJ's left nut
I live in Kansas. I don't give a shit about KCMO or Jackson County. I have nothing invested in that piece of shit. In fact, I think it's hilarious that Jackson County MU fans can't wait to give someone money that should be theirs.

So using the Kubler-Ross model - would this fall under 'bargaining'?

I suppose it could be 'acceptance', but it doesn't seem sincere enough.

Or maybe it's just more ass-hurt beakerisms and thus we're still stuck in the 'anger' stage of the whole thing.

Or maybe you've just exposed yourself as a D-bag. Yeah, that's probably it.

Pants
10-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Uhh, why are the beakers scared? Is Texas or OU leaving?

talastan
10-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Wow, I am not sure I would go that far, but ok.

WSU would compare to them in BB, and WSU had a couple guys get into the NFL. Bill Parcells came from WSU, along with Jumpy Gaethers.

WSU is probably a better comparison, thanks Hemi! :thumb:

Al Bundy
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM

It hurts the Kansas side of the state line as well.

DJ's left nut
People have been saying it for months regarding the Big 12... it's a big loss for KC. It's not that hard to understand. :shrug:

Yeah - no passive aggressive douchery here at all:

I guess that loss is just transferred to the MU athletic department. Good for them.

I understand it's a loss for KC, but when Stewie spends several days absolutely excoriating the move and insulting anyone who thinks its a consideration (let a good idea), it's completely transparent sour grapes.

HemiEd
There's no honor among thieves.

In a league where the central power brokers set the system up in a manner that pretty much disregarded the welfare of 1/2 the league, then refused to bow when the league was starting to spiral apart - well I'd say the bonds of trust never truly existed.

You could argue that the old Big 8 schools had that sort of 'social contract' amongst themselves...until NE and OU also pissed on the other 6 during the formation of the XII.

I admitted I was jealous of NE when they got to get out of dodge and now I'm ecstatic that MU looks to be doing the same. This conference has inmates more than it has roommates, let alone friends. Sorry, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

It seems like so many other things in our current society. It is all about me and $$$ instead of commitments, honor and tradition.

This has been fun though, and the drama is fun to watch.

DaKCMan AP
And it should with at least a 14-team league. The problem is that ABC/ESPN etc. don't give a shit about teams at the bottom of such a big league and don't negotiate based on the size of the conference. Yet, the Miss. States and Vanderbilts get an equal share. That's the sucking sound. The reason I mentioned a 16-team conference as probably untenable is because it makes the situation even worse between the top teams and bottom teams.

You mean like the Miss St. that won 9 games a year ago, murdered Michigan in a bowl game, and finished ranked in the top-15?

Wow you're stupid.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Uhh, why are the beakers scared? Is Texas or OU leaving?

Good question.

Ask Stewie (or Rustshack, but he's not a Beaker).

I've been saying all along that you guys probably end up in the B1G when all is said and done due to all this. But there's no way Stewie actually believes the shit he's saying, he's just worried KU is going to get left out when the XII collapses.

And yes Mr. Metro, it's going to collapse. Wish it away all you want, but the XII is just a staging ground for the LHN and a holding tank until OU gets the deal it wants. It may take 5 years, but the XII is on life support at best.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
WSU is probably a better comparison, thanks Hemi! :thumb:

Yeah, at one time the WSU program was well ahead of SWMS, but MS has really elevated their program, or so it would seem to me. I think they are the second largest program in Missouri, right?

I used to think if WSU would bring football back, someday there may be an opening in a bigger conference. But it is starting to look like just the opposite is going to happen.

Stewie
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
So using the Kubler-Ross model - would this fall under 'bargaining'?

I suppose it could be 'acceptance', but it doesn't seem sincere enough.

Or maybe it's just more ass-hurt beakerisms and thus we're still stuck in the 'anger' stage of the whole thing.

Or maybe you've just exposed yourself as a D-bag. Yeah, that's probably it.

Sorry if leaving money on the table for KCMO is fine with you. I'd be pissed, but obviously no one in KCMO cares, just like accreditation.

KU will be fine. We have revenue sharing now and a contract that makes the league stable. When we add BYU and TCU we'll be at 10 which is a good number.

Saul Good
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
MU leaving for the SEC is great for KU. Kansas was never going to get an SEC invite. If everything goes to 16, it opens up a spot in the B1G that KU might get instead of MU.

Stewie
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
You mean like the Miss St. that won 9 games a year ago, murdered Michigan in a bowl game, and finished ranked in the top-15?

Wow you're stupid.

And KU won the orange bowl in '08. ABC/ESPN don't negotiate football contracts for Miss. State. Never have, never will.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2011, 03:46 PM
MU leaving for the SEC is great for KU. Kansas was never going to get an SEC invite. If everything goes to 16, it opens up a spot in the B1G that KU might get instead of MU.

Yeup.

Stay or go, MU's done nothing but help KU in this thing.

Was it their design? Oh hell no, absolutely not. But I'm not sure why KU fans are so damn uppity about it. MU going to the SEC is great news for them in the long term and if MU stays in the XII it will be because of the concessions made regarding tier 1 and 2 rights, which also helps KU.

Whatever - they can keep on stamping their feet.

Bowser
If the SEC rejects Mizzou, I'm putting the blame on that ESPN article. "The B1G was our first choice, but the SEC is all that is left (paraphrase)". JFC

DaKCMan AP
Sorry if leaving money on the table for KCMO is fine with you. I'd be pissed, but obviously no one in KCMO cares, just like accreditation.

KU will be fine. We have revenue sharing now and a contract that makes the league stable. When we add BYU and TCU we'll be at 10 which is a good number.

10 is not a good number, dumbshit. You can't have a conference championship game with 10 teams. With 4 of the 6 BCS conferences having a championship game, and the only other league that doesn't being the laughable Big East, then your conference is shit without a conf. champ. game.

talastan
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, at one time the WSU program was well ahead of SWMS, but MS has really elevated their program, or so it would seem to me. I think they are the second largest program in Missouri, right?

I used to think if WSU would bring football back, someday there may be an opening in a bigger conference. But it is starting to look like just the opposite is going to happen.

You guys still provide a great game in B-Ball against us. Should be a good season this year with Weems returning to the Bears lineup.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
If the SEC rejects Mizzou, I'm putting the blame on that ESPN article. "The B1G was our first choice, but the SEC is all that is left (paraphrase)". JFC

Yeah, wish that wouldn't have hit the media, that's for damn sure.

Not our greatest quote.

Bowser
10-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Yes, the Big XII is stable, FOR SIX YEARS. That's why Mizzou wants to GTFO.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:50 PM

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

SEC is the second choice, and they know it but probably don't really care. They will just yell scoreboard to the B1G.

Bowser
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM

SEC is the second choice, and they know it but probably don't really care. They will just yell scoreboard to the B1G.

Hopefully that's the way it goes, and not "Hey! We're not second best to anyone! Enjoy getting ass raped by Bevo for the foreseeable future". Dumbass person making dumbass quotes.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
You guys still provide a great game in B-Ball against us. Should be a good season this year with Weems returning to the Bears lineup.

Agreed, those were some fun games to watch last year, and the Shockers are valid again. We used to take that for granted, but Eddie Fogler put the program in a 20 year tailspin that they are finally recovering from.

HemiEd
10-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Hopefully that's the way it goes, and not "Hey! We're not second best to anyone! Enjoy getting ass raped by Bevo for the foreseeable future". Dumbass person making dumbass quotes.

I am confident the powers to be are above that, and they have met in person to get these obstacles behind them. Hopefully the people putting these deals together are a little sharper than some of fans. :D

Stewie
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
10 is not a good number, dumbshit. You can't have a conference championship game with 10 teams. With 4 of the 6 BCS conferences having a championship game, and the only other league that doesn't being the laughable Big East, then your conference is shit without a conf. champ. game.

But the hillbilly league is at 14 now with a championship game. Who cares? Let me know when Vanderbilt or Kentucky plays in that game. It's a fucking joke. Since Texas and Oklahoma don't play in a conference as good as the hillbilly conference I guess it's easier for the rest to win a bogus national championship. Sounds good.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM

At least you said it and not some idiot KU fan!

Stewie
10-05-2011, 04:05 PM

I saw that as odd, too. They did this to show the Big 10 they were available again? If it fails we can make the SEC look like the Ivy League with good football?

beer bacon
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM

The SEC was always the first choice for the athletic department and football program. The Big 10 was the first choice for the faculty.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 04:12 PM

TCU isn't going anywhere if the BE doesn't dissolve.

BYU is a football independent.

Mr. Plow
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
But the hillbilly league is at 14 now with a championship game. Who cares? Let me know when Vanderbilt or Kentucky plays in that game. It's a fucking joke. Since Texas and Oklahoma don't play in a conference as good as the hillbilly conference I guess it's easier for the rest to win a bogus national championship. Sounds good.

Jesus.....just stop already.

OmahaChief
10-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I do not understand why a lot of the detractors like Keitzman fail to think that at some point Mizzou can actually improve. All that is being talked about is a decline in Football. Mizzou has a pretty fertile recruiting base in our home state, that we might not miss out on some of these kids being in a conference like the SEC. If we can get into some of these Sothern states and get some of those kids to Mizzou there is no reason to think we could be in the top half of that conference. I am not saing it would happen but there is a chance it would.

I will miss the Big 12 and the regionality of the conference as I think it is a better fit but it the league changed with NU, CU and A&M already gone. Some of that histoy that people are talking about has already walked out the door. The league will never be the same, I don't see the league on the rise unless the Big 12 gets a team like ND to join. Adding teams like TCU, Louisville and the like does not make it a stonger conference. It only makes for an easier conf. for the top teams to win.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
KK "Kansas City is not on Mizzou's radar. They don't care about us."

:deevee:

He said Missouri (the state).

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
But the hillbilly league is at 14 now with a championship game. Who cares? Let me know when Vanderbilt or Kentucky plays in that game. It's a ****ing joke. Since Texas and Oklahoma don't play in a conference as good as the hillbilly conference I guess it's easier for the rest to win a bogus national championship. Sounds good.

Here's a list of the teams that have played in the SEC title game in the past 10 years:

East Division
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina

West Division
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
LSU

Nine of the 12 teams in that conference have played in the title game. 75 percent. Much more parity in that league than the Big 12, which has seen only six teams in the Big 12 title game over the past 10 years. 50 percent.

The SEC also has great teams at the top. But the four super elites do go through cycles.

Florida is currently in a bit of a down cycle after a long run with Urban Meyer (that followed an extreme down cycle under Zook)

Alabama is riding high under Saban, but the guy is 60. There's no guarantee they'll get it right when he retires. They didn't with Shula, Price, etc.

LSU was a pretty middling school in football before Saban (their history looks a little like Missouri's - big dark period in the 80s and early 90s) and Miles rolled in. Miles is 58.

Auburn is a classic up-and-down program.

My point: If you look at the past 25 years, the SEC has always been great, but programs have cycled up and down. They've moved from the second tier to the first tier and vice versa. Some have even had years where they cycle into the third tier, fighting just to make a bowl.

Yes, the SEC is tough as hell. But what makes it tough is the depth, not that the super powers are that much more super than anyone else.

With the right coach and commitment to football, a team can find great success down there.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
KK: "The Big XII will be more stable than the SEC."

You can't make this shit up.

IF the rights agreement goes through at 12-13 years as has been rumored, the Big 12 WOULD be a very stable conference for that period. He is correct in that. He is also correct in stating that there is nothing prohibiting an SEC team from leaving - though it is not likely anyone would.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
IF the rights agreement goes through at 12-13 years as has been rumored, the Big 12 WOULD be a very stable conference for that period. He is correct in that. He is also correct in stating that there is nothing prohibiting an SEC team from leaving - though it is not likely anyone would.

Do you realize how laughable it is to sit there and say or type that the Big 12 - after losing 4 schools in the last year - is more stable than anyone, let alone the SEC?

Seriously, I get you feel jilted by Mizzou's actions, but that is no reason to just make illogical and ridiculous comments.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Here's a list of the teams that have played in the SEC title game in the past 10 years:

East Division
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina

West Division
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
LSU

Nine of the 12 teams in that conference have played in the title game. 75 percent. Much more parity in that league than the Big 12, which has seen only six teams in the Big 12 title game over the past 10 years. 50 percent.

The SEC also has great teams at the top. But the four super elites do go through cycles.

Florida is currently in a bit of a down cycle after a long run with Urban Meyer (that followed an extreme down cycle under Zook)

Alabama is riding high under Saban, but the guy is 60. There's no guarantee they'll get it right when he retires. They didn't with Shula, Price, etc.

LSU was a pretty middling school in football before Saban (their history looks a little like Missouri's - big dark period in the 80s and early 90s) and Miles rolled in. Miles is 58.

My point: If you look at the past 25 years, the SEC has always been great, but programs have cycled up and down. They've moved from the second tier to the first tier and vice versa. Some have even had years where they cycle into the third tier, fighting just to make a bowl.

Yes, the SEC is tough as hell. But what makes it tough is the depth, not that the super powers are that much more super than anyone else.

With the right coach and commitment to football, a team can find great success down there.

Great post.

Probably too many facts for this crowd though.

Mr. Plow
10-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Do you realize how laughable it is to sit there and say or type that the Big 12 - after losing 4 schools in the last year - is more stable than anyone, let alone the SEC?

Seriously, I get you feel jilted by Mizzou's actions, but that is no reason to just make illogical and ridiculous comments.

mikey clearly says "IF the rights agreement goes through at 12-13 years as has been rumored, the Big 12 WOULD be a very stable conference for that period."

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 04:43 PM

and there is nothing prohibiting Texas from taking its ball and leaving, as long as it retains ownership of its third-tier rights, which the LHN network exists to show.

Without Texas, this conference is dead, dead, dead.

It could survive losing that money for a year while the Big 12 imploded if necessary.

The Big 12, without Missouri and aTm and Nebraska and Colorado, and WITH untrustworthy Texas and OU, is not going to be stabilized by adding BYU and some city-based private schools.

Rumors that rights will be signed over for 12-13 years are wild conjecture, anyway. It is known that six years was agreed to in principle, but Missouri wanted longer commitments. THose thinking the longer commitments will be put on the table are really just hoping for that to happen, because there's no indication Texas will budge on that.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 04:47 PM
mikey clearly says "IF the rights agreement goes through at 12-13 years as has been rumored, the Big 12 WOULD be a very stable conference for that period."

Why does everyone ignore the elephant in the room when the handcuffs are discussed?

LHN is Tier 3. ESPN backs LHN. If Texas pledges their Tier 1 and 2 revenue for 5 years, 13 years, or 1000 years, they can still leave at any moment because they have a full network in place to broadcast all their games. And OU has publicly acknowledged that they are starting their own network too.

The vaunted pledging of media rights only keeps the rest of the teams in place, not UT or OU.

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 04:48 PM

East Division
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina

West Division
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
LSU

Great post. This is why I think Mizzou, after an adjustment period, has a chance to do well.

I was wondering about LSU, I could not think of any great teams before the Saban/Miles era. Florida was a doormat before Spurrier, and almost became one again under Zook. All the teams in the SEC have had a down time in the past 25, and almost all of the them have had success, and more of them have had greatness than the BIG XII, which seems content to let OU and UT carry the banner forever.

Mr. Plow
10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Why does everyone ignore the elephant in the room when the handcuffs are discussed?

LHN is Tier 3. ESPN backs LHN. If Texas pledges their Tier 1 and 2 revenue for 5 years, 13 years, or 1000 years, they can still leave at any moment because they have a full network in place to broadcast all their games. And OU has publicly acknowledged that they are starting their own network too.

The vaunted pledging of media rights only keeps the rest of the teams in place, not UT or OU.

All I was saying that he never said the Big 12 would be more stable than anyone, you seemed to think he did.

Reerun_KC
10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Well according to williamtheirish. This is why KK is the best in the business.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
The conference that just added 31 million people to its footprint... which is a 56 percent increase in its footprint.

Yeah. TV deal will bump up, considerably.

IIRC the current CBS contract expires in 13 YEARS, CBS doesn't have to renegotiate.....they would be stupid to not enforce the current terms.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Since the state of Missouri is so important for the Big 12 I guess Missouri State should be getting a call soon then. :D;)

You have that backawards....the Big 12 is hugely improtant to KC.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 04:54 PM
IIRC the current CBS contract expires in 13 YEARS, CBS doesn't have to renegotiate.....they would be stupid to not enforce the current terms.

Slive has already said in public interviews that the contracts contain look-in provisions to renegotiate.

Do you really think the SEC is going through all this trouble just to add more mouths to feed? Does that make any logical sense?

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Isn't there a clause that says if the SEC expands, they can reopen negotiations for Tier1 and Tier2?

Also, since the SEC is going to binding up all of their Tier 3 rights together and form a network, ala the B1G, CBS will want in on that as well, which means they will want to stay in the good graces of the SEC and keep Mr. Slive happy.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 05:01 PM

It IS a fact, despite KK touting it, that a Big 12 under those terms would be rock solid. IF a long term (12-13 yr) rights agreement is agreed to, no team would leave the Big 12. The loss in revenue would be prohibitive. That has ZERO bearing on the past. If you don't understand that you are a fucking moron. Nowhere have I posted that the SEC would be less stable, only that the Big 12 would be. On paper, it is a detraction that the SEC has no exit fee, but as I stated, it's academic as no member has a foreseeable reason to leave.

I don't care if MU leaves....just do it and lets get back to SPORTS.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
and there is nothing prohibiting Texas from taking its ball and leaving, as long as it retains ownership of its third-tier rights, which the LHN network exists to show.

Without Texas, this conference is dead, dead, dead.

It could survive losing that money for a year while the Big 12 imploded if necessary.

The Big 12, without Missouri and aTm and Nebraska and Colorado, and WITH untrustworthy Texas and OU, is not going to be stabilized by adding BYU and some city-based private schools.

Rumors that rights will be signed over for 12-13 years are wild conjecture, anyway. It is known that six years was agreed to in principle, but Missouri wanted longer commitments. THose thinking the longer commitments will be put on the table are really just hoping for that to happen, because there's no indication Texas will budge on that.

Even UT wouldn't walk away from 12 or 13 YEARS of revenue loss on 1st and 2nd tier.....that's upwards of 100mil.

KcMizzou
10-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Even UT wouldn't walk away from 12 or 13 YEARS of revenue loss on 1st and 2nd tier.....that's upwards of 100mil.The oragebloods report I read said that's what Mizzou wanted, but Texas balked.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
The oragebloods report I read said that's what Mizzou wanted, but Texas balked.

That doesn't mean with the progression of events that yesterdays discussions didn't change things....thats the rumor anyway.

With regard to the SEC contract I don't recall if it was Petro or who, but the talking heads the other morning seemed to read into it that CBS didn't HAVE to renegotiate terms for some time.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
It IS a fact, despite KK touting it, that a Big 12 under those terms would be rock solid. IF a long term (12-13 yr) rights agreement is agreed to, no team would leave the Big 12. The loss in revenue would be prohibitive. That has ZERO bearing on the past. If you don't understand that you are a ****ing moron. Nowhere have I posted that the SEC would be less stable, only that the Big 12 would be. On paper, it is a detraction that the SEC has no exit fee, but as I stated, it's academic as no member has a foreseeable reason to leave.

I don't care if MU leaves....just do it and lets get back to SPORTS.

WTF do you not understand about LHN? Seriously this isn't that complex.

Tell me why Texas could not leave with LHN and go independent for football. I really want to hear it.

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Tier 1 and 2 revenue applies to conference TV contracts only. If UT left they could use LHN to air their games and increase the size and scope of the network, similar to Notre Dame's contract with NBC. They wouldn't care about potential Tier 1 and 2 losses because they would make it up with their own contract.

tk13
10-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I think theoretically the Big XII could be stable for 10 more years for all anyone knows. But at the same time, it wasn't two about weeks ago that the teams driving the "stability" of the conference would've jumped ship for another conference had the other conferences not found them arrogant beyond belief. So that's a real fine line to walk.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM

This should be your sig in order to remind the jilted.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I for one welcome our new Southern football overlords, but so help me God, if there ever comes a day when you can only find sweet tea at a Missouri restaurant, someone will burn.

talastan
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I for one welcome our new Southern football overlords, but so help me God, if there ever comes a day when you can only find sweet tea at a Missouri restaurant, someone will burn.

Avoid Springfield then bro....;)

kstater
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Too bad your information is incorrect.

The revenue-sharing plan approved Sunday by the Big 12 board of directors -- a move designed to keep Missouri and other potential stray members in the fold -- would give each school an estimated $20 million in June.
And that figure is expected to grow by 2013 when the league's new 13-year contract with Fox Sports kicks in, according to two people with knowledge of the deal and ties to the Big 12. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the revenue-sharing plan.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7063633/missouri-tigers-hope-join-sec-had-wanted-big-ten-invite-most

eazyb81
10-05-2011, 05:45 PM
What in the world do you think that link disproves?

kstater
10-05-2011, 05:46 PM
You said the Big 12 gets 14 million, they look to be getting 20 million plus.

Crush
10-05-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hank-koebler/big-12-realignment-missouri_b_995487.html

Missouri Tigers Should Let Big 12 Die

University of Missouri Chancellor Brady Deaton should do everything possible to find an avenue from which to exit the Big 12.

The University of Missouri Board of Curators unanimously voted (http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/oct/04/missouri-will-explore-conference-options/?sports) Tuesday to grant Deaton the power to explore conference alignment options. Deaton should use that power to do everything possible to lead his school to a conference with a more stable long-term future.

No matter how comfortable the flight was, passengers on the Hindenburg eventually started scrambling to find parachutes once the airship went up in flames. Deaton undoubtedly needs to find the Tigers a parachute as quickly as possible before the Big 12 is swallowed by flames of a burnt orange hue.

The Big 12's imminent collapse (http://mizzousportswriters.com/2011/09/24/conference-realignment-madness/) can be traced directly to the University of Texas' brief summer flirtation with the Pac-10 (soon to be named the Pac-12) after Colorado and Nebraska both agreed to leave the Big 12 last year. In order to woo Texas into staying in the conference, the Big 12 allowed Texas to keep the rights (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/15/sports/ncaafootball/15colleges.html) to operate its own local television station.

Acquiescing to Texas' television demands was intended as a panacea for the Big 12's woes, but the cure was short-lived. Texas' television rights delivered a kiss of death to the conference in January, when the university reached a 20-year deal with ESPN to launch a 24-hour, year-round television network of UT sports coverage.

The monolithic presence of the Longhorn Network opened Pandora's Box, and all hell broke loose in the conference as the start of college football season approached. Texas A&M entered a bizarre courtship with the SEC that ended in the Aggies' exodus from the Big 12.

With the Big 12 reduced to nine teams, the Pac-10 attempted to lure Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State to officially create college sports' first 16-team super-conference. The deal fell apart quickly, with the Pac-12 announcing it was no longer planning on expanding.

All eyes then fell on the University of Missouri and the possibility of the Tigers becoming the SEC's 14th team. At a September 22 press conference, Deaton announced the University was not leaving the Big 12, but was reluctant to offer any long-term commitment to the conference.

"Our primary responsibility is to our home institution," Deaton said (http://mizzousportswriters.com/2011/09/22/mu-to-stay-in-big-12-for-now/). "The University of Missouri is going to continue to work with what is best for the University of Missouri."

Deaton was meticulously careful throughout the press conference to avoid expressing any explicit commitment to the Big 12. The unspoken message was that Missouri is staying with the Big 12, but only until a better opportunity arises.

The outcome of Tuesday's board of curators meeting makes Missouri's departure even more likely. Deaton resigned as the chairman of the Big 12's board of directors Tuesday to avoid a potential conflict of interest. Missouri is poised to deal a deathblow to the Big 12, and the conference deserves it.

The Big 12 bent over backwards to keep Texas last summer, and in doing so alienated the rest of the conference by allowing conditions that led to the Longhorn Network's creation. Fear of the Longhorn Network creating a recruiting and revenue advantage for Texas spurred Texas A&M to defect to the SEC, and Missouri is in position to follow A&M out of the Big 12.

From a football standpoint, Missouri wouldn't be as bad of a fit in the SEC as fans and analysts seem to think. The Tigers' run defense is stellar but the secondary struggles to contain Big 12 spread attacks. Missouri's defense would be better suited for playing in the SEC, where running is more of a priority and passing doesn't feature as many four- and five-wide formations.

On offense, coordinator David Yost would have to change some aspects of the playbook, especially when he got near the goal line. However, the emergence of running back Henry Josey and the running skills of quarterback James Franklin will make such an offensive transition very smooth. The Tigers would play much tougher opponents than normal, but would remain competitive.

In terms of basketball, Missouri would also easily survive a transition to the SEC. The level of competition in basketball in the SEC is nowhere near as tough as it is in the Big 12, and even the Tigers, who have faced turmoil in the basketball offseason, could easily compete for a SEC title.

Missouri could move to the SEC and remain competitive in both major revenue-producing sports. The Tigers don't need to fear being crushed if they leave the Big 12.

For a conference with a future currently contingent on Missouri's membership, the Big 12 hasn't placed anywhere near as much of a priority on keeping Missouri as it did Texas last year.

Columbia Daily Tribune reporter Dave Matter reported Tuesday the University of Missouri's Homecoming game against Iowa State will not be televised (http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/oct/04/scheme-master-up-to-old-tricks-at-ksu/?tigerextra). The Big 12 offered to broadcast the game at either 11 a.m. or 6 p.m. on Fox College Sports, but Missouri declined in favor of starting at the traditional 1 p.m. start time, according to Matter.

The Big 12's inability to find room for Missouri's Homecoming game on the national Fox Sports Net instead of the regional Fox College Sports is inexplicable. The University of Missouri created the tradition of Homecoming, and is celebrating its 100th-ever Homecoming this year.

At such a sensitive time when Missouri holds the key to the entire Big 12's future, a conference that valued Missouri's membership would have done everything possible to accommodate such an enormous part of the school's history.

Interim Big 12 Commissioner Chuck Neinas has said the Big 12 wants to keep Missouri, but actions speak louder than words. If the Big 12 cannot even be bothered to televise the 100th anniversary of Missouri's first Homecoming, the conference doesn't want the Tigers' membership badly enough for Missouri to justify staying despite the turmoil.

The Big 12's failure to televise the 100th anniversary of Missouri's first Homecoming is exactly what Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel called the entire Big 12 realignment situation: embarrassing.

To stay in the Big 12 is to submit to embarrassment by association with a conference that cannot get its affairs in order. Deaton knows his school is better than that. It is time for Missouri to find a new conference.

Reaper16
10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't give a shit about KCMO
You're dead to me.

Crush
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
ESPN updated their story.

A source with direct knowledge of the Big 12's expansion plans told ESPN.com's Andy Katz that Missouri's indecision has put the expansion committee and the conference in a tough position as it waits to see how many teams it will seek to add to the conference.

The source said the five-person expansion committee expects to have a second conference call sometime within a week. The committee still doesn't know if Deaton will recuse himself since he's one of the five members of the committee with Kansas State president Kirk Schulz, the chair, as well as Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis, Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione and Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds.

The source said that the top choices remain BYU, Louisville, West Virginia and TCU, but a new school was discussed recently that hasn't been mentioned publicly: Tulane out of Conference USA. The source said the Big 12 has been contacted by a number of other schools about possible inclusion, as well.

The source said that Tulane would become a viable option for the Big 12 if it were to grab four schools to beef up the membership to 12, in a situation where BYU decides it doesn't want to leave its football independence or its new tie to the WCC in all other sports. Tulane is interesting to the Big 12 because of its location in New Orleans and in a state, Louisiana, where the Big 12 is absent, as well as the school's renewed commitment to sports and facilities after Hurricane Katrina.

A source with knowledge of Tulane's situation told ESPN.com that the Green Wave have privately been making overtures to the Big East and Big 12 about possible membership but didn't want to upset Conference USA as that league looks to form a partnership with the Mountain West.

Tulane is also a member of the Association of American Universities -- the only AAU member listed as a possible addition. The prestigious AAU tag is something that the SEC has looked at as an important criterion for expansion as evidenced by the league promoting Texas A&M as one of three AAU members in the SEC in a news release announcing the Aggies' addition. Florida and Vanderbilt are the other two in the SEC.

A Missouri addition would make four for the SEC, and take away one from the Big 12. The Big 12 would be down to three AAU schools after the departure of Texas A&M, and down to two (Texas and Iowa State) if Missouri leaves.

The source cited the improved academics at TCU and Louisville as important aspects to possible inclusion in the Big 12.

University of Oklahoma president David Boren told ESPN.com Wednesday he believes it's "50-50" Missouri leaves the Big 12 for the SEC.

"We'll be fine either way," said Boren, reaffirming Oklahoma's position of committing to the Big 12.

Asked about a timetable for adding new members to the Big 12, Boren said it could happen in a "week to 10 days."

"There are 3 or 4 good choices out there," he said.

Bowser
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM
There's been too many veiled threats from both sides for Mizzou to remain. They're as good as gone.

Mosbonian
10-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Why are you so ****ing stupid all the time?

The argument has nothing to do with football vs basketball.

MU fans are sitting around crying about "conference stability" and thats what they want. Do I blame them? no...How do you get conference stability?

By standing with your conference!

MU is doing exactly what they are claiming is what they are running from.

Bill Self knows that. All he's doing is calling MU out on it.

He's a Champion for a reason.

MU should take some notes.

I am sure once I read further someone will have already called you out on this but this is the biggest POS post I have seen you post in a while.

Bill Self is acting like a spurned girlfriend...and he's pissed that for once he isn't in the drivers seat. Sounds like an ego that's getting stepped on.

If he isn't man enough to schedule MU as a non-conference then quit bitching.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Tulane? Wow.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Tulane? Wow.Just saw that.

CoMoChief
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Just saw that.

ROFL what?

They call that stability....I thought the idea was to make the conference STRONGER....meaning better institutions/programs like maybe L'ville, PIT, TCU, etc.

But Tulane? ROFL

MU needs to go to the SEC.

Pinkel has that program going in the right direction. He's been able to produce a good crop of 1st rounders in recent years..he can at least recruit...and besides getting the TX players that are overlooked....now he can dip into the LA, FL, BAMA, GA pipelines as well. I think moving to the SEC helps his recruiting if anything.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Louisville and TCU are damn near as pathetic as Tulane.

Bewbies
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Why in the hell would you stay in a conference that thinks it gets stronger by adding Tulane? LMAO

DaKCMan AP
10-05-2011, 07:12 PM

No fear, I only drink unsweet tea. Sweet tea is gross. Unsweet tea is Awesome.

DaKCMan AP
10-05-2011, 07:15 PM

East Division
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina

West Division
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
LSU

Solid post. I posted something similar last night. There have been 8 different SEC teams in the conference championship game in the last 10 years. 7 of those 8 have made it at least twice.

SEC Conf. Champ. Game Appearances
LSU 4
Florida 3
Tennessee 3
Georgia 3
Arkansas 2
Auburn 2
Alabama 2
South Carolina

Further..

In the last 10 years the Big XII has had 2 teams who have been to 2 or more BCS games. In the same time period the SEC has had 5 teams with 2 or more BCS game appearances.

WilliamTheIrish
10-05-2011, 07:18 PM
No fear, I only drink unsweet tea. Sweet tea is gross. Unsweet tea is Awesome.

Turkish ( to Bricktop) sugar? (for Bricktop's tea)

Bricktop: No thank you Turkish.....I'm sweet enough.

One of the all time great lines in Snatch.

Crush
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
bobfescoe (http://twitter.com/#%21/bobfescoe) Bob Fescoe
There is NO truth to the rumor that the Busch Stadium Squirrel has applied for membership to the Big 12.

Saulbadguy
10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
This is going to be hilarious.

Saulbadguy
10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1275023

According to multiple sources, Texas, after talking to ESPN, has agreed not to air any content involving high school athletics, not even the news-style highlights that had been approved by the NCAA, sources told Orangebloods.com Wednesday night.

It's the latest attempt to reach peace in the Big 12 as part of an agreement in principle for schools to grant their Tier 1 and 2 TV rights to the conference for six years.

The "compromise" deal was struck Wednesday after Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas gave Texas a 24-hour deadline to consider the Tier 3 content concessions, which impact Texas the most because of its Longhorn Network, sources said.

The question is if this agreement will be enough to keep Missouri in the Big 12.

Missouri was more interested in a proposal that would grant rights for the 13 years remaining on the Fox television deal struck with the Big 12 in April, sources said.

Missouri and Oklahoma pushed for high school content restrictions on Tier 3 (that would impact the Longhorn Network) as part of the 13-year proposal, sources said.

But talks about granting rights for 13 years broke off after negotiations started Sunday night and went into Monday, sources said.

The talks broke off, in part, because Texas was hesitant to commit to granting rights for more than a decade while also having to make concessions on content impacting the Longhorn Network.

So Texas agreeing to restrict any and all high school content for the next six years, while also granting rights for that length ended up as the compromise, sources said.

Some schools in the Big 12 were wary of allowing more than one football game, including conference games, to be aired at the Tier 3 level. But that was not part of the compromise.

Big 12 presidents and chancellors are expected to talk early Thursday to formally finalize an agreement. It remains to be seen how Missouri will react. But multiple officials across the Big 12 are hoping Mizzou reacts favorably by joining the agreement and staying put.

Stay tuned.

Saul Good
10-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Too little too late

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM

That's great.

What about agreeing to sign over rights for more than six years, and agreeing that they won't buy other Big 12 games from Fox to display on their network?

beer bacon
10-05-2011, 08:00 PM
That's great.

What about agreeing to sign over rights for more than six years, and agreeing that they won't buy other Big 12 games from Fox to display on their network?

The only thing that makes financial sense for the entire conference is to eliminate the LHN and start a Big 12 Network. The conference was foolish to let Texas start the LHN in the first place.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 08:06 PM
The only thing that makes financial sense for the entire conference is to eliminate the LHN and start a Big 12 Network. The conference was foolish to let Texas start the LHN in the first place.

Texas has blocked a league-wide network for years. They've been planning the LHN for a while, and it has prevented a Big 12 network from ever forming.

Weiser wanted to do it before the Big Ten ever talked about it seriously. If the Big 12 creates a network when he wanted to, this whole thing probably shakes out differently.

digger
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM

This is the problem with the big 12..11..10..9..8.. the TLN!!!

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
This is going to be hilarious.

No idea why anyone would care at this point; you have Tulane ready to step in to fill the void.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
No idea why anyone would care at this point; you have Tulane ready to step in to fill the void.

Don't forget BYU.

Crush
10-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Don't forget BYU.

...and Louisville and TCU.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 08:17 PM
...and Louisville and TCU.

They aren't hillbillies.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 08:19 PM
No worries, Tulane generally can get its stadium to 83% capacity. LMAO. Sorry, I'm really having a tough time with this one.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
No worries, Tulane generally can get its stadium to 83% capacity. LMAO. Sorry, I'm really having a tough time with this one.

Dude, they're freaking Tulane.

They aren't some dumb hillbilly school.

They are Tufuckinglane.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Dude, they're freaking Tulane.

They aren't some dumb hillbilly school.

They are Tu****inglane.

Simply a testament to how easily replaceable Missouri is to the Big XII.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Simply a testament to how easily replaceable Missouri is to the Big XII.

Somehow Tulane joining the Big XII will help the state of Missouri out.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Did you all know...

Tulane was a founding member of the Southeastern Conference? As was Georgia Tech?

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Did you all know...

Tulane was a founding member of the Southeastern Conference? As was Georgia Tech?

So they once were hillbillies, but then saw the light and headed for greener pastures.

Like Conference USA.

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
They aren't hillbillies.

Louisville KY is about as hillbilly as you get. Don't know about TCU.

Nothing wrong with hillbillies anyways. Would rather have Mizzou hang out with some hillbillies as oppose to those assholes in Texas.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 08:31 PM
So they once were hillbillies, but then saw the light and headed for greener pastures.

Like Conference USA.

I think they suffered from a Babs Uehling-like incident... school admin(s) who decided collegiate athletics should not be a focus and did everything in power to kill them.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Louisville KY is about as hillbilly as you get. Don't know about TCU.

Nothing wrong with hillbillies anyways. Would rather have Mizzou hang out with some hillbillies as oppose to those assholes in Texas.

You must have missed what Stewie said.

Any member of the SEC is a hillbilly.

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 08:33 PM
You must have missed what Stewie said.

Any member of the SEC is a hillbilly.

Was wondering what your obsession with hillbillies was. I probably did read what Stewie said, but he has been so bitter and out in left field it probably did not register.

Crush
10-05-2011, 08:36 PM
sptwri (http://twitter.com/#%21/sptwri) Mike DeArmond
LHN concessions will please Stoops MT@TravHaney But Texas backtracks on term of six years. This won't keep MU; Tigers just distrust Texas

digger
10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
LHN concessions will please Stoops MT@TravHaney But Texas backtracks on term of six years. This won't keep MU; Tigers just distrust Texas
And so did TAM and NU and CU, OU doesn't trust UT. No one should trust them. They are looking out for them self, but when anyone else does.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I am sure once I read further someone will have already called you out on this but this is the biggest POS post I have seen you post in a while.

Bill Self is acting like a spurned girlfriend...and he's pissed that for once he isn't in the drivers seat. Sounds like an ego that's getting stepped on.

If he isn't man enough to schedule MU as a non-conference then quit bitching.

He's not acting like a "spurned girlfriend".

He's saying, "If they're not gonna give a **** about us then why should we bother with them?"

The longer this drags out the more I agree with him.

Texas is more on KU's level anyway as a rival.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 08:47 PM
ptwri Mike DeArmond
Texas gives in on HS highlights smells of realization it was going to be ruled against anyway. Meanwhile, Texas (cont)

sptwri Mike DeArmond
pulls back on length of TV rights signoff to original six years. That isn't compromise. That is bait and switch.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Saulbadguy
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
:facepalm:

Bambi
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM

As they should.

A completely insane proposal to begin with...

Crush
Texas gives in on HS highlights smells of realization it was going to be ruled against anyway. Meanwhile, Texas (cont)

pulls back on length of TV rights signoff to original six years. That isn't compromise. That is bait and switch.

duncan_idaho

He's saying, "If they're not gonna give a **** about us then why should we bother with them?"

How do you figure that? Because you're better than them at one sport?

UT crushes KU (And everybody in the Big 12, really) as an overall athletic department.

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 08:51 PM
ptwri Mike DeArmond

sptwri Mike DeArmond

That doesn't sound like stability

Crush
10-05-2011, 08:51 PM
That doesn't sound like stability

Texas-flavored stability.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 08:52 PM
ptwri Mike DeArmond

sptwri Mike DeArmond

Does DeArmond post ANYTHING that is supportive of the people who want MU to stay in the Big 12?

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Texas-flavored stability.

tastes like shit

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 08:54 PM

Texas a better rival? This is the dumbest thing you have said all day, and that is saying something.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Does DeArmond post ANYTHING that is supportive of the people who want MU to stay in the Big 12?

I don't think Dearmond works to make Kansas fans try and feel better.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
How do you figure that? Because you're better than them at one sport?

UT crushes KU (And everybody in the Big 12, really) as an overall athletic department.

We were discussing Bill Self. So yes, basketball.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't think Dearmond works to make Kansas fans try and feel better.

So no Missouri fans want to stay and play with teams they've played with for 100 years?

If you say so. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the situation.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Texas a better rival? This is the dumbest thing you have said all day, and that is saying something.

ummm, okay?

DaKCMan AP
10-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Join us.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/images/Resized/Football/Coaches2011.jpg

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
So no Missouri fans want to stay and play with teams they've played with for 100 years?

I would like to continue to play KU in football and basketball other than that I could give a shit

Saulbadguy
10-05-2011, 09:00 PM
DeArmond has no clue what is going on, he only reports his opinion.

|Zach|

A very strong majority support the move.

duncan_idaho
Most Missouri fans would prefer to continue playing KU and possibly OU, don't give a rats ass about ISU and KSU, and want to give UT the middle finger.

If there was a way to make this work with KU remaining in the same conference as Mizzou, I'd be all for it. I'd been anti-SEC until this week. But with everything that's going on, I don't think that's possible any more. The fears I had about the move have been blunted. The Big 12 is not tenable unless the LHN dies/is morphed into what the Big 12 needs (a league-wide network that is shared revenue). UT isn't going to make that happen. It's Deloss Dodds' legacy.

There are Mizzou fans who want to stay (My Dad is one of them), but they mostly are more casual fans who don't know all the details of the situation.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 09:01 PM

He has been tuned in much better than most. He was conveying more certainty about the SEC possibility when a lot of folks thought the tide turned to Missouri being a happy member of the Big 12.

Even Mellinger sees it. http://twitter.com/#!/mellinger/status/121378196385050624

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM

You have Mike confused for Kevin Kietzmann.

Al Bundy
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM

C'mon.. you're smarter than that, right?

Crush
10-05-2011, 09:07 PM
DanBeebe (http://twitter.com/#%21/DanBeebe) Fake Dan Beebe
REALLY DELOSS? CHUCK NAYNAY TELLS YOU WHATS UP? AND YOU LISTEN? ARGHGHGHEIHADKBSKJFABFLBKJD

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Most Missouri fans would prefer to continue playing KU and possibly OU, don't give a rats ass about ISU and KSU, and want to give UT the middle finger.

If there was a way to make this work with KU remaining in the same conference as Mizzou, I'd be all for it. I'd been anti-SEC until this week. But with everything that's going on, I don't think that's possible any more. The fears I had about the move have been blunted. The Big 12 is not tenable unless the LHN dies/is morphed into what the Big 12 needs (a league-wide network that is shared revenue). UT isn't going to make that happen. It's Deloss Dodds' legacy.

There are Mizzou fans who want to stay (My Dad is one of them), but they mostly are more casual fans who don't know all the details of the situation.

I respect this opinion.

But you're not going to force Bill Self's hand. If he sees his conference change dramatically over the course a few quick months he will reevaluate everything he does with his basketball team. And scheduling is a big part of that.

Most KU fans will fall in line with what Self wants to do. If you bring in a Louisville, Memphis or whoever that has a bball program that will create excitement within the fanbase you can't just expect him to go out of his way to schedule Mizzou.

That's when the whole "100 year decision" really sets in.

MU has it good in the Big 12 right now and from what everyone can see it is getting better. The SEC is bright and beautiful on those late Saturday afternoons under the lights but are you sure that MU is going to be the team shining in them?...or are they going to be the Washington Generals aka Ole Miss. Someone has to be on the other side of those games.

There is no going back. just sayin

Frazod
10-05-2011, 09:08 PM

You must be new here. LMAO

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 09:09 PM
I respect this opinion.

But you're not going to force Bill Self's hand. If he sees his conference change dramatically over the course a few quick months he will reevaluate everything he does with his basketball team. And scheduling is a big part of that.

Most KU fans will fall in line with what Self wants to do. If you bring in a Louisville, Memphis or whoever that has a bball program that will create excitement within the fanbase you can't just expect him to go out of his way to schedule Mizzou.

That's when the whole "100 year decision" really sets in.

MU has it good in the Big 12 right now and from what everyone can see it is getting better. The SEC is bright and beautiful on those late Saturday afternoons under the lights but there are you sure that MU is going to be the team shining in them...or are they going to be the Washington Generals aka Ole Miss.

If Mizzou is willing to play KU, and KU is not willing to schedule them, then KU is the asshole and is responsible for the rivalry dieing....just sayin`

DaKCMan AP
The SEC is bright and beautiful on those late Saturday afternoons under the lights but are you sure that MU is going to be the team shining in them?...or are they going to be the Washington Generals aka Ole Miss. Someone has to be on the other side of those games.

You seem to be happy with KU being the Ole Miss of the Big XII in football.

Crush
Why are KU and KSU fans worried about Mizzou getting crushed in the SEC? That is Mizzou's prerogative. Remember, little insignificant Mizzou is easily replaceable with BYU or "the and only" motherfucking Tulane. The Big XII is in good shape for the next six years until Texas decides to go independent with a matured LHN.

Brock
10-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Why would they care about that? Tradition is dead, get used to it. The old Big 8 is dead and buried. It's every school for itself.

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Wickedson, do you trust Texas to do what is right for the Big 12?

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:13 PM

You don't think KU-UT is a basketball rivalry?

KU and Texas have met four times in the Big 12 title game.

Texas has challenged KU for the regular season title many times tying each other twice (2006 and 2008).

yea, its a rivalry...

Crush
10-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Anyone that trusts Texas deserves his or her fate.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:15 PM
If Mizzou is willing to play KU, and KU is not willing to schedule them, then KU is the asshole and is responsible for the rivalry dieing....just sayin`

Why should they?

MU is the one leaving.

Like others are saying. Who gives a fuck about tradition?

We're MU, we're going to the SEC.

KU is saying, "have fun".

/end

Saulbadguy
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
You have Mike confused for Kevin Kietzmann.

They are both clueless. Mellinger, even more so.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM

The team I root for has never been "wronged" by Texas.

They (UT) are already pulling back on their dumb LHN programming.

KU makes tons of $$ on their third tier network.

I keep looking to find reasons to get mad at Texas but I just don't see them.

I love it when they spend, build, and pay everyone in their program more than all the other schools then field a 5-7 football team.

I enjoy that kinda thing.

There will always be someone on your block that has more then you do. You don't get mad at it and leave, you fight back and win.

This is where I find complete solidarity with K State.

There isn't a school out there with less resources than K State and they achieve so much more then what they're expected to.

I hate to say it but that's pretty awesome.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 09:20 PM

They (UT) are already pulling back on their dumb network programming.

Because of Texas and them having their way with Beebe, the Big 12 has lost 3, soon to be 4, members.

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Why should they?

MU is the one leaving.

Like others are saying. Who gives a **** about tradition?

We're MU, we're going to the SEC.

KU is saying, "have fun".

/end

No, KU is saying, "have fun" and then whining like a little bitch. You guys are shackled to Texas, and are bitter beyond belief that Mizzou is not willing to be happily shackled there with you.

dirk digler

I love it when they spend, build, and pay everyone in their program more than all the other schools then field a 5-7 football team.

There will always be someone on your block that has more then you do. You don't get mad at it and leave, you fight back and win.

There isn't a school out there with less resources than K State and they achieve so much more then what they're expected to.

You really didn't answer the question. Do you trust Texas to do what is right for the Big 12?

Bambi
Why would they care about that? Tradition is dead, get used to it. The old Big 8 is dead and buried. It's every school for itself.

Every Man For Himself

http://images.wikia.com/lostpedia/images/6/65/SawyerEveryMan.png

Crush
10-05-2011, 09:23 PM
ClayTravisBGID (http://twitter.com/#%21/ClayTravisBGID) Clay Travis
Interesting. RT <s>@</s>ChipBrownOB (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChipBrownOB): Sources: TCU, BYU & Louisville leading candidates to join B12 with West Virginia also in mix.

Rams Fan
10-05-2011, 09:24 PM
ClayTravisBGID (http://twitter.com/#%21/ClayTravisBGID) Clay Travis
Interesting. RT <s>@</s>ChipBrownOB (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChipBrownOB): Sources: TCU, BYU & Louisville leading candidates to join B12 with West Virginia also in mix.

All of which are improvements over aTm and Missouri.

tk13
10-05-2011, 09:24 PM

If Texas had what they wanted, they would be playing in the Pac 12 right now and most of the Big XII would be out on life rafts trying to find a boat to cling onto.

I don't even root for any of these Big XII teams... but to me it looks like you all had a hot girlfriend, she tried to leave you... the other guys wouldn't put up with her excrement, and she came running back to where she started acting like she's changed. I think we all know how that story usually ends.

Crush
10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
All of which are improvements over aTm and Missouri.

Indeed. If Tulane joins, the SWC II is going to rape the TV networks when contract negotiations begin.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
You really didn't answer the question. Do you trust Texas to do what is right for the Big 12?

I don't think Texas runs the league.

The teams involved run the league.

So in that case I don't see what you mean by "Texas doing right for the Big 12"..

Everyone signed on for unregulated third tier rights. Kansas was happy to do so knowing they would make a ton of $$ in doing so, and they have.

Texas has done nothing to Kansas to harm the institution.

And I still trying to figure out what they've done to Missouri.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:30 PM
If Texas had what they wanted, they would be playing in the Pac 12 right now and most of the Big XII would be out on life rafts trying to find a boat to cling onto.

I don't even root for any of these Big XII teams... but to me it looks like you all had a hot girlfriend, she tried to leave you... the other guys wouldn't put up with her excrement, and she came running back to where she started acting like she's changed. I think we all know how that story usually ends.

What do you think all the negotiating going on this week is about then?

A new sharing deal was just announced yesterday. It's not like all these schools are just sitting around looking out the window at the clouds all day.

Al Bundy
10-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Texas has challenged KU for the regular season title many times tying each other twice (2006 and 2008).

yea, its a rivalry...

So.. Texas is your rival in Football?

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:31 PM
No, KU is saying, "have fun" and then whining like a little bitch. You guys are shackled to Texas, and are bitter beyond belief that Mizzou is not willing to be happily shackled there with you.

Just so not correct I can't begin to explain.

But we each have our opinions and that's fine.

Saulbadguy

No. K-State is.

Bambi

no, MU is our rival in football

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 09:32 PM

The teams involved run the league.

So in that case I don't see what you mean by "Texas doing right for the Big 12"..

Everyone signed on for unregulated third tier rights. Kansas was happy to do so knowing they would make a ton of $$ in doing so, and they have.

Texas has done nothing to Kansas to harm the institution.

And I still trying to figure out what they've done to Missouri.

It is simple really. Texas is your business partner, do you trust them enough to be in business with them and that they won't steal your money and destroy your business?

Brock
10-05-2011, 09:36 PM

yea, its a rivalry...

No, it really isn't.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I am seeing the beginning phases of different Kansas fans having an intervention for Wickedson.

http://blog.newsok.com/staticblog/files/2008/06/intervention.jpg

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I am seeing the beginning phases of different Kansas fans having an intervention for Wickedson.

http://blog.newsok.com/staticblog/files/2008/06/intervention.jpg

There is no cure for Wickedson. He is in his own world.

Crush
10-05-2011, 09:40 PM
DanBeebe (http://twitter.com/#%21/DanBeebe) Fake Dan Beebe
Maybe I'm just cynical 'ol Beebs, but I assume that KOMU, the Mizzou-owned TV station, shows no high school highlights, right?

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
It is simple really. Texas is your business partner, do you trust them enough to be in business with them and that they won't steal your money and destroy your business?

Well they've been business partners for about what? 16 years now?

And Kansas has an endowment of over a billion dollars?

So yea, I guess I would trust them to continue making my school money which helps educate students, build facilities, and invest in technology.

Texas has been a pretty good business partner.

tk13
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
What do you think all the negotiating going on this week is about then?

A new sharing deal was just announced yesterday. It's not like all these schools are just sitting around looking out the window at the clouds all day.

The only reason Texas came crawling back is because no one else wanted to put up with them. Which is saying something considering how much money they are worth.

The real question though is not about 5 or 6 year deals... this kind of stuff, you have to think 15-20 years into the future. I am definitely not saying the Big XII is going to dissolve in five years... but long term, the Big XII and Big East are definitely on shakier ground than everyone else. There's been so much backstabbing and turmoil, it just looks ugly. But things can change in 5 years.

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 09:43 PM

So yea, I guess I would trust them to continue making my school money which helps educate students, build facilities, and invest in technology.

Fair enough. Thanks for being honest

DeezNutz

Given the way this sentence ended, the bold would have sufficed.

mnchiefsguy

You do realize you are the only one, even among KU fans, that thinks Texas is a good partner, right?

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Question for MU fans.

If tomorrow morning it was announced that TCU, BYU and Louisville were joing the Big 12 would you still want to leave?

Brock
10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Question for MU fans.

If tomorrow morning it was announced that TCU, BYU and Louisville were joing the Big 12 would you still want to leave?

LMAO

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Get back on your corner! = "Partner" through KU eyes.

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Question for MU fans.

If Tulane would be in the mix, I'd definitely want to stay.

tk13
10-05-2011, 09:46 PM

I think you are trolling. This statement is absurd. They tried to leave your conference. If they had their way, they would have left your school out in the wind to fend for itself. There is nothing about that is remotely definable as "pretty good business partners." That doesn't mean you can't co-exist amicably in a professional setting, but otherwise your definition and my definition of a decent business partner is widely different.

duncan_idaho
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Question for MU fans.

Not without the concessions on LHN and Tier 1/2 length.

This isn't about the teams in the conference so much as it is about the instability caused by the LHN.

|Zach|
Question for MU fans.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LN8VQ7vhspI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bambi
You do realize you are the only one, even among KU fans, that thinks Texas is a good partner, right?

Well then those KU fans aren't looking at numbers.

It's Kansas. There are millions of people with millions of opinions.

The Big 12 is dealing with this issue because UT is just simply so much more massive in scale then any other school in the league.

Admittedly its hard for them to do anything without it looking like;

"woah! What's UT up to now?!?"

I'm not saying you just blinding go into the future. Obviously the laws and terms of this league need to be reevaluated and rewritten.

And if it took UT getting told by another league that you better fix your shit or no one would want you then so be it.

They are an extremely powerful ally to have in college athletics. I don't think you just push and push to get out unless you have some REAL specific reasons for doing so. Reasons MU does not have at this time.

Mosbonian
10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Question for MU fans.

You can't seriously be thinking that Louisville is competitive in football?

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 09:50 PM
You know who thought Texas was a horrible business partner?

Mark Mangino.

Maybe he was on to something after that game.

dirk digler
10-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I think you are trolling. This statement is absurd. They tried to leave your conference. If they had their way, they would have left your school out in the wind to fend for itself. There is nothing about that is remotely definable as "pretty good business partners." That doesn't mean you can't co-exist amicably in a professional setting, but otherwise your definition and my definition of a decent business partner is widely different.

I agree tk. I certainly wouldn't be business partners with Texas. They have tried to screw their business partners multiple times. I don't get why anyone would trust them.

Which is really what the MU going to the SEC is all about...Trust. MU doesn't trust Texas and they feel like the first chance Texas gets they will screw everyone over and blow everything up. Who would want to be in business with somebody like that?

Bambi

This isn't about the teams in the conference so much as it is about the instability caused by the LHN.

What instability??

Its their network.

I completely agree with the high school shit. And that is being scaled back as we can see from tonight.

The LHN needs to be more concerned about getting subscribers before anything else. After that then feel free to start your own.

That's what KU did. And they did it years ago.

kcfan82

Well, they just made some more concessions tonight.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Longhorn Network Won't Air Any High School Athletics, According To Report

Oct 05 10:07p by Russ Oates

Read More: Texas Longhorns

Texas' Longhorn Network wasn't going to air any high school football games after the NCAA barred them from doing so in August, but there were still questions on what coverage of high school athletics would be allowed. The NCAA had allowed a highlights show, but on Wednesday night it appears that the Longhorn Network won't even air that. According to Orangebloods.com, Texas has decided to avoid any high school content (for six years) as a means to bring peace to the Big 12.

With the Big 12's livelihood settled now that Oklahoma and Texas have decided to stay in the conference, the latter is attempting to make nice by making concessions. This is part of a broader television rights deal for the Big 12. Texas had to agree to the 13-year television rights deal that the conference already had in place last April.

It is possible this television rights deal could keep Missouri from leaving the conference, but the deal isn't likely to be finalized until Thursday.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I completely agree with the high school shit. And that is being scaled back as we can see from tonight.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,
Th University of Missouri

DeezNutz
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You're welcome.

Sincerely,

P.S. Deuces.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You can't seriously be thinking that Louisville is competitive in football?

Bobby Petrino was 40-9 there and they won the freaking Orange Bowl.

So yeah, they can be competitive.

And having Pitino in the league would be great.

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:54 PM
You're welcome.

Sincerely,

If that what happened then I commend MU for taking it to the point where they dropped it.

I think it would have happened anyway but losing Mizzou was probably the straw.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I think it would have happened anyway but losing Mizzou was probably the straw.

Bwahahaha

Bambi
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
You know who thought Texas was a horrible business partner?

Mark Mangino.

Maybe he was on to something after that game.

That was rough.

Good thing KU corrected that a few years later though.

Shogun
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Texas is like a really hot step sister, you really want to bang her ( get her monies), but you are afraid you might lose your sister ( be shund )

its a lose lose here.

But I would totally bang my step sister.

wait wut

Mosbonian
10-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Bobby Petrino was 40-9 there and they won the freaking Orange Bowl.

So yeah, they can be competitive.

One year does not a giant make...they barely beat a pathetic Kentucky team this year. Last year they sucked worse that Kentucky....

You're living a dream thinking they are a football power.

And just for edification....most of Kentucky residents are UK fans...not Louisville fans...

kcfan82
10-05-2011, 09:59 PM
One year does not a giant make...they barely beat a pathetic Kentucky team this year. Last year they sucked worse that Kentucky....

You're living a dream thinking they are a football power.

And just for edification....most of Kentucky residents are UK fans...not Louisville fans...

If it's about money and markets, they also had the fastest growing athletic budget last year.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ericcrawford/2011/08/30/report-u-of-l-nations-fastest-growing-athletic-budget/

beer bacon
Question for MU fans.

What, no Tulane? Fuck that.

DeezNutz

Sure, so a decent school should hire him. I bet he'd take an assistant position to be closer to Jayhawk nation, to feel the love of a caring, compassionate longhorn, who treats you like Europa.

LiveSteam
10-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Wickedson's diseased vagina. It smells up the place

Bambi
10-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Wickedson's diseased vagina. It smells up the place

wow intelligent.

I lol at your coach.

Way to make an impression.

Mosbonian
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
If it's about money and markets, they also had the fastest growing athletic budget last year.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ericcrawford/2011/08/30/report-u-of-l-nations-fastest-growing-athletic-budget/

They only capture the market around Louisville....once you get about 20 miles East it is all Kentucky Blue...

Louiville might be a BB power, but as for football them are "meh"

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Question for MU fans.

If tomorrow morning it was announced that TCU, BYU and Louisville were joing the Big 12 would you still want to leave?That, like, totally changes everything.

LiveSteam
10-05-2011, 10:07 PM
wow intelligent.

I lol at your coach.

Way to make an impression.

Go pull your pants down in front of a mirror. & lol your self to death.

Shogun
10-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I wish KU would go to the ACC, I really do

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Probably nothing, but:

"I'm not much of an insider, but a real good friend of mine who is real good friends with Auburn AD Jay Jacobs told me a few minutes ago that Mizzou will be joining the SEC very shorlty and that Auburn will be moving to the SEC East.

This works well b/c Auburns permanent West rival will be Alabama and they will be in the East to take on UGA and UF. UF vs. AU was a growing rival during the 90's and that will work well for both schools to get to play every year again.

Anyway, not a shock here after the news over the last 24 hours, but this is straight from Auburn AD Jacobs (via one buffer who is a good source). Now lets see if it happens. BTW, none of this is secret information, just interesting b/c of who it came from. "

Bambi
10-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Go pull your pants down in front of a mirror. & lol your self to death.

Go back to your Nebraska thread.

It's more diseased than your football program.

And that's pretty rancid.

|Zach|
10-05-2011, 10:10 PM

It's more diseased than football program.

Good one Farva.

LiveSteam
10-05-2011, 10:12 PM

It's more diseased than football program.

:rolleyes:

Bambi
10-05-2011, 10:13 PM

I have no idea how their bball program has so much but it's busting at the seams.

I've said it before in this thread, I'd love to see Louisville in the league.

Some bball showdowns are needed.