PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I have no idea how their bball program has so much but it's busting at the seams.

I've said it before in this thread, I'd love to see Louisville in the league.

Some bball showdowns are needed.

Louisville, TCU, BYU, Tulane, etc. compared to NE, A&M, COLO, Mizzou.....it is a downgrade for the Big XII anyway you spin it.

Bewbies
10-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Are there people who really think that under any circumstance the Big 12 is a better conference to be in than the SEC? Seriously?

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Are there people who really think that under any circumstance the Big 12 is a better conference to be in than the SEC? Seriously?

If it's 2009, there's 12 teams and Beebe is looking for 2+ schools to join..

HolyHandgernade
10-05-2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=1

I hear from a good source close to the Neinas organization that this is all to get a better deal out of current Big 12 negotiations. If Texas and Oklahoma are Nos 1 and 2 in this league, Mizzou figures it is No. 3 if it can flex similar muscle.

What do they want?

First, they want a 12 team Big 12. Texas and Oklahoma would rather keep it to 10 teams, which eliminates that pesky Big 12 championship game standing in the way of national title hopes. But they're not ready to lose MU over that and will agree to expand to 12.

What they are possibly willing to go to battle for is MU's other position. In a 12 team league, MU wants Texas and Oklahoma in the same division and MU in the other. Texas and Oklahoma want to be in separate divisions. MU's proposal to Neinas was to be in a division with ISU, KU, KSU, Team No. 11 (presumably Louisville) and either Team No. 12 (if Cincinatti) or Baylor.

In Mizzou's eyes, they're in the champ. game 5 out of 10 years in this kind of division, giving them a shot. Of course, this would mean BYU, Texas, OU, OSU, TTY and presumably TCU would all be in the South, a terribly unbalanced situation.

Neinas proposed adding the highest quality new Big 12 member team (BYU? TCU?) to the North for more balance. Complicating matters: OU and OSU must be in the same division and MU refuses to be in a division with Texas.

FYI- the Texas proposal to Neinas was for Texas and Kansas to be in a division together.

So... this is really about MU trying to set itself up in a lucrative perpetual winning situation in football, or bolting to the SEC, where they'll have fewer wins but much more security.

Stay tuned.

|Zach|
10-06-2011, 12:21 AM
lol.

HH is scouring TigerBoard.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 12:23 AM
lol.

HH is scouring TigerBoard.

lol, it was actually posted at a KU site. You really are a little person, aren't you?

|Zach|
10-06-2011, 12:39 AM
lol, it was actually posted at a KU site. You really are a little person, aren't you?

I am not the one flailing to justify my perspective that constantly turns out to be wrong.

HH realignment opinion process.

1. Start with a scenario where Kansas is happy and the B12 is a great conference to be in.

2. Rationalize.

3. Reach

4. Reach

5. Rationalize.

6. Why would anyone want anything other than the Big 12? WHY?

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2011, 03:01 AM
All I can say now is:

MU better go to whatever conference. After all this posturing if MU walks to the cliff and spreads wings made by ACME, leaps and does a Wile E. Coyote into the desert floor, the trail of shit you will eat will be Milky Way galaxy in length and breadth.

Braincase
10-06-2011, 05:41 AM
All I can say now is:

MU better go to whatever conference. After all this posturing if MU walks to the cliff and spreads wings made by ACME, leaps and does a Wile E. Coyote into the desert floor, the trail of shit you will eat will be Milky Way galaxy in length and breadth.

Heh...

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2011, 06:27 AM

If it's 2009, there's 12 teams and Beebe is looking for 2+ schools to join..

Even then, SEC > Big XII

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 06:34 AM
USA Today article on B12 quotes head of OU Board of Regents "But...we have to look at our options. Texas has to know we're looking at our options. However limited they might be, they're not as limited as people think. Oklahoma's a pretty good brand".

------

KK is right, Big 12 is so much more secure and stable than SEC.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 06:35 AM

No, no one with a functional brain thinks that.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 06:38 AM
I agree tk. I certainly wouldn't be business partners with Texas. They have tried to screw their business partners multiple times. I don't get why anyone would trust them.

Which is really what the MU going to the SEC is all about...Trust. MU doesn't trust Texas and they feel like the first chance Texas gets they will screw everyone over and blow everything up. Who would want to be in business with somebody like that?

This is what it all boils down to. The SEC provides significantly more stability and trust, with the leadership to maintain it.

Everyone needs to stop lying to themselves and just come to grips with this.

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2011, 06:39 AM
USA Today article on B12 quotes head of OU Board of Regents "But...we have to look at our options. Texas has to know we're looking at our options. However limited they might be, they're not as limited as people think. Oklahoma's a pretty good brand".

------

KK is right, Big 12 is so much more secure and stable than SEC.

The SEC would take OU in a second. They don't really want OSU, though.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 07:21 AM
It's over. MU might join the Big 10 in a few years, but they are sticking with the Big XII for now.

Reerun_KC
10-06-2011, 07:25 AM
It's over. MU might join the Big 10 in a few years, but they are sticking with the Big XII for now.

LINK?

:hmmm:

Mr. Plow
10-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Not one single person in this thread has said this....or even hinted at it. Quit making shit up.

Reerun_KC
10-06-2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.nyworms.com/images/groupcrickets.jpg

MU staying or going?

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 07:46 AM
LINK?

:hmmm:

Die in an AIDS hurricane.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Well this would be rich.

OKStateTweets Pistol Pete
@Gswaim Hearing Texas @ChipBrownOB was "administrator" quoted yesterday in story about preferring B10 over SEC to sabotage Missouri.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio
@OKStateTweets I've already had four media members and a Big 12 coach tell me the same thing. If found to be true, ouch!!
17 minutes ago

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Greg Swaim = butthurt.

This OKStateTweets guy. Fuck him.

Mr. Plow
10-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Well this would be rich.

OKStateTweets Pistol Pete
@Gswaim Hearing Texas @ChipBrownOB was "administrator" quoted yesterday in story about preferring B10 over SEC to sabotage Missouri.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio
@OKStateTweets I've already had four media members and a Big 12 coach tell me the same thing. If found to be true, ouch!!
17 minutes ago

That would be bullshit, but I think everyone knew MU preferred B10 over SEC.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Last year Mizzou preferred Big 10. But after getting screwed by them and left at the alter, maybe not so much this year. I think the quote in question really refers to last year's sentiments and not the current ones.

I could see Chip Brown saying that. I can see Texas putting him up to it, despite Wickedson's claims about how wonderful and honest a business partner Texas is.

Mr. Plow
10-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Last year Mizzou preferred Big 10. But after getting screwed by them and left at the alter, maybe not so much this year. I think the quote in question really refers to last year's sentiments and not the current ones.

If both the B10 & the SEC offered MU, which do you think they would take? Today, not last year.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 08:15 AM

I don't think everyone knows anything frankly.

Big Ten was expanding last year, SEC wasn't.

Big Ten will offer junior membership, SEC will offer full membership from day one.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Big Ten will offer junior membership, SEC will offer full membership from day one.

This doesn't make sense.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 08:19 AM
This doesn't make sense.

Try reading it again or asking a follow-up question. It is not a complex sentence.

vailpass
10-06-2011, 08:20 AM

I could see Chip Brown saying that. I can see Texas putting him up to it, despite Wickedson's claims about how wonderful and honest a business partner Texas is.

B1G didn't "screw" anybody.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
If both the B10 & the SEC offered MU, which do you think they would take? Today, not last year.

I honestly don't know. I would lean toward B1G, but I do not think it is a slam dunk. It would depend on whether B1G would make us a full member or a junior member. If Mizzou had to wait 5 years like NE to get full financial benefits, then I think the SEC might still be the favorite.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 08:21 AM
B1G didn't "screw" anybody.

I think the B1G led Missouri on, and if NE had not basically thrown themselves at B1G like a two dollar whore, then they would have taken Mizzou. Just my opinion though.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
I don't know who @Gswaim and @OKStateTweets are, but them saying I'm an "administrator" quoted in an AP story is hilarious - and a lie.

vailpass
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I think the B1G led Missouri on, and if NE had not basically thrown themselves at B1G like a two dollar whore, then they would have taken Mizzou. Just my opinion though.

IMHO it was up to Mizzou to control their business and to not say "yes" before B1G had popped the question. They needed to make it clear they were in exploratory phase and that nothing had been signed and to downplay any premature assumptions.

This is a lesson MU has obviously learned as evidenced by how they are handling the SEC issue.
Personally I would very much have liked to see the MU program join the B1G. They are a solid all-around school and program.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 08:33 AM
sptwri
Just checked on Birmingham col saying MU doesn't have enough votes to get into SEC. Now one more vote for, and told Slive will get the votes

PBJPBJPBJ

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 08:35 AM
@GregSwine Greg Swine
I have it from good sources that OU wants the B1G w/Texas, and the MVC has an agreement to take KU and KSU. Stay tuned for more information.

Mr. Plow
10-06-2011, 08:35 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/majority_of_sec_presidents_fav.html

Majority of SEC presidents favor Missouri, but not yet enough

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Missouri demonstrated it's ready to publicly dance with the SEC. But will enough SEC presidents agree to the overture?
Two sources familiar with the SEC's discussions about Missouri told The Birmingham News Wednesday that as of now it appears that a majority of SEC presidents and chancellors would support Missouri's application. But the sources said that majority falls just short of the nine votes required to add a new member.

One source said there's a group of presidents that wants to sit tight, believing the SEC can do better than Missouri and that No. 14 should come from the East. According to both sources, Alabama wants to look East and not risk losing its annual game against Tennessee, while Auburn favors adding Missouri and moving to the Eastern Division.

The majority that support Missouri like the school's academic profile, getting the SEC into the St. Louis and Kansas City TV markets, and avoiding the awkwardness of an unbalanced 13-team schedule. SEC athletics directors spent about four hours meeting in Birmingham on Wednesday, after which two ADs said only 13-team scheduling concepts were considered, not 14.SEC expansion these days resides on two different tracks: the one trying to line up No. 14 and the one trying to build 13-team schedules. Both are bumpy journeys that will merge at some point, but it's not clear when or who will be aboard.

On Tuesday, Missouri Chancellor Brady Deaton received authority from his board to look elsewhere. Deaton also took the necessary -- and long overdue -- step of resigning as chairman of the Big 12 board of directors to avoid a conflict of interest.

Those actions make an Associated Press story Wednesday out of Missouri all the more bizarre. The AP quoted an anonymous Missouri official as saying the school hopes to join the SEC but preferred a Big Ten offer that never came.

"That's what's left," the Missouri official said, referring to the SEC.

Talk about a clumsy PR way to win support from the SEC, whose large ego doesn't like the appearance of accepting leftovers, especially the Big Ten's. Was this simply one Missouri official's opinion, a last-ditch plea to the Big Ten, or an attempt to sabotage moving into the SEC?

Either way, it should be troubling to the SEC that Missouri continues to trip over itself when trying to leave the chaotic Big 12. Public flirting with the Big Ten last year left Missouri with egg on its face. At this rate, Missouri would instantly become the most unstable SEC member in a conference fiercely concerned about stability and speaking with one voice.

Missouri isn't a good SEC fit. While it would alleviate unbalanced schedules and add cable subscribers for a potential SEC Network, it's a cultural head-scratcher, the SEC's version of Boston College in the ACC.
Meanwhile, SEC ADs met Wednesday to consider how to schedule with 13 in all sports with the least amount of disruption and most amount of fairness. Good luck.

The "simplest" option in football may be giving Texas A&M four teams from each division and let the dominoes fall from there.

Sure, Texas A&M could play an SEC schedule for one year but not be eligible for Atlanta. But that would be a shocking and unnecessary move by the SEC. Once you're a member, you should be a full member.
Consider the headaches in men's basketball. Changes will be necessary to the new 18-game model that would have kept two annual games between old division foes.

Then there's how to stage an SEC basketball tournament with 13. Leave one team at home? Keep five teams home? Stage a play-in game between the 12th and 13th seeds? Give the regular-season champion, which might have played an easier schedule than others, two byes into the semifinals?
Baseball could easily keep eight teams for its tournament in Hoover. But how is it determined who qualifies? Would there be more SEC games, even perhaps jumping from 30 to 36? And how might that affect NCAA Tournament bids?

Mississippi State AD Scott Stricklin said a couple of football models, which he wouldn't identify, received more consensus than others and probably affect the fewest number of current schedules. But, he cautioned, "There's a lot of moving parts."

None more so than the elephant in the room at the ADs' meeting: Will Missouri be No. 14? There's support, but not yet enough.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 08:43 AM
ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
I don't know who @Gswaim and @OKStateTweets are, but them saying I'm an "administrator" quoted in an AP story is hilarious - and a lie.

Like Chip Brown is going to admit to doing it.

Frazod
10-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Like Chip Brown is going to admit to doing it.

That smelled like a deliberate sabotage attempt when I read it, trumpeted of course by the unholy fucks at ESPrickN. I can't imagine it would actually sway anybody in the SEC with a brain, but could hurt us in public opinion arena.

Would be nice if it could be proven that this Texa$$ turd was the source of it. Seeing him get professionally ruined would absolutely make my day.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
@GregSwine Greg Swine
I have it from good sources that OU wants the B1G w/Texas, and the MVC has an agreement to take KU and KSU. Stay tuned for more information.

This only makes sense from a "what OU wants perspective" Texas would not want the B1G for the same reason they could not agree with the PAC...they would have to give up there Tier 3 rights and the LHN would cease to exist. All B1G teams give their third tier to the B1G network. I do not seeing Texas willing to do that anytime soon.

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM
This only makes sense from a "what OU wants perspective" Texas would not want the B1G for the same reason they could not agree with the PAC...they would have to give up there Tier 3 rights and the LHN would cease to exist. All B1G teams give their third tier to the B1G network. I do not seeing Texas willing to do that anytime soon.

ROFL

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
So ChiTown, you think Texas is willing to give up LHN for the B1G then?

DJ's left nut
10-06-2011, 08:59 AM
That smelled like a deliberate sabotage attempt when I read it, trumpeted of course by the unholy fucks at ESPrickN. I can't imagine it would actually sway anybody in the SEC with a brain, but could hurt us in public opinion arena.

Would be nice if it could be proven that this Texa$$ turd was the source of it. Seeing him get professionally ruined would absolutely make my day.

There are people within MU's administration that didn't want to go, remember. Deaton was widely considered to be one of them (if not the chief among them).

There's a very good chance that this was nothing more than a rogue MU admin that decided to try to play God. It's a lot more likely than a journalist quoting Chip Brown as an 'unnamed MU admin'

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 09:00 AM
As I understand it nothing would prevent an SEC team from starting their own network, correct? Why does that not worry Mizzou?

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:01 AM
There are people within MU's administration that didn't want to go, remember. Deaton was widely considered to be one of them (if not the chief among them).

There's a very good chance that this was nothing more than a rogue MU admin that decided to try to play God. It's a lot more likely than a journalist quoting Chip Brown as an 'unnamed MU admin'

Either way, here's hoping it won't screwing Mizzou.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:03 AM
As I understand it nothing would prevent an SEC team from starting their own network, correct? Why does that not worry Mizzou?

Because the SEC is going to go the B1G route and form an SEC network. Florida already has their own network, from what I have read, it just does not generate the type of money that LHN did, so it does not get the attention. Florida, unlike Texas, will fold their network into a SEC network, and everyone will win.

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 09:04 AM
So ChiTown, you think Texas is willing to give up LHN for the B1G then?

Did you actually read what he wrote? "The MVC has an agreement to take both KU and KSU..." @GregSwine

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 09:05 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/GregSwine

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I can't imagine it would actually sway anybody in the SEC with a brain, but could hurt us in public opinion arena.

Them they're SEC hillbilly's well fall 4 it! /stewie

Brock
10-06-2011, 09:07 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/GregSwine

ROFL

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:08 AM
ROFL

Feel Time Radio. I accurately predict the future and love T Booger Pickens.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Did you actually read what he wrote? "The MVC has an agreement to take both KU and KSU..." @GregSwine

mnchiefsguy has outed himself as a dumbass. He can join Stewie and HHG at the back of the room.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 09:09 AM

SEC owns each schools tier 3 rights, but thus far has allowed each school to market the rights on their own. So it would have to receive approval from the league, which seems unlikely considering that every SEC insider is saying the goal of expansion is to have the infrastructure to support an SEC Network.

And honestly, take off the blinders for just a second and look at the Big 12. Do you honestly think any conference that actually has leadership would allow an LHN type of problem to destroy their league like it has destroyed the Big 12?

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Sorry, I did read that, but was focusing more on the OU/Texas part. The MWC part seemed so far out of left field that I did not give it any consideration.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Mengus22 Mark Ennis
by PJ_BOTC
Oh boy. RT @DaveSittler: Source: Big 12 will have two separate announcements today, perhaps late morning. Let the guessing begin.

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 09:11 AM
mnchiefsguy has outed himself as a dumbass. He can join Stewie and HHG at the back of the room.

Mizzou fans are too close to the situation right now. I think the whole lot of them could use a timeout.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:13 AM
eh...

kbohls kbohls
Big 12 presidents and chancellors have voted to invite TCU to join the league, should be finalized over next several days.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Tulsa World guy...

DaveSittler Dave Sittler
Source: On the Big 12- "Be on your toes ALL MORNING. Two separate announcements, probably within hours."

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Sorry, I did read that, but was focusing more on the OU/Texas part. The MWC part seemed so far out of left field that I did not give it any consideration.

LOL.

Take a break from all of this. It's rotting your brain.

BTW, GregSwine said, MVC, not MWC. An even bigger WTF;)

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Just focused on the part of the quote that was in the realm of possibility. Chitown did not specify that he was laughing at that particular part, and I was curious if he actually thought Texas would give up Tier 3 rights to another conference where it would tougher for them to get to the national championship game, when they won't do that for the conference that they are in.

You can join Stewie and HHG at the back of the room, you fucking dumbass.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Mengus22 Mark Ennis
by PJ_BOTC
Oh boy. RT @DaveSittler: Source: Big 12 will have two separate announcements today, perhaps late morning. Let the guessing begin.

OU announces it is a "proud member of the Big 12".

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
LOL.

Take a break from all of this. It's rotting your brain.

BTW, GregSwine said, MVC, not MWC. An even bigger WTF;)

Holy shit. I think my brain just automatically assumed that was a typo.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Boom, ROASTED.

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
Sources tell OB Big 12 presidents voted this morning to invite TCU and have formally agreed to grant rights on Tier 1 and 2 TV for 6 yrs.

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM
OU announces it is a "proud member of the Big 12..........FOR NOW".

FYP

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Boom, ROASTED.

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown
Sources tell OB Big 12 presidents voted this morning to invite TCU and have formally agreed to grant rights on Tier 1 and 2 TV for 6 yrs.

What exactly does this roast? TCU was on the list of schools to potentially be invited. As to the granting of the rights, I thought all of the schools were different, as in some schools had to have their curators formally vote to grant rights, while some schools allowed their Presidents autonomy to do so.

Frazod
10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Mizzou fans are too close to the situation right now. I think the whole lot of them could use a timeout.

Please. There's enough butthurt flowing out of Kansas to keep Preparation H in business for next 1,000 years.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:20 AM
HE KNOWS WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

http://burntorangetexas.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Texas-Longhorns1.jpg

DaKCMan AP
LOL @ TCU potentially leaving the Big East and paying a $5 million exit fee before officially playing a game while in the conference.

eazyb81
Please. There's enough butthurt flowing out of Kansas to keep Preparation H in business for next 1,000 years.

LMAO

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
LOL @ TCU potentially leaving the Big East and paying a $5 million exit fee before officially playing a game while in the conference.

I could understand them doing it. TCU's top priority is getting into a conference that is a BCS AQ. Long term it would be worth the cost, if the BIG XII stays together.

And since the Big East will probably lose AQ status if things keep up, this would be a positive move for them. Plus travel would be easier too.

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I could understand them doing it. TCU's top priority is getting into a conference that is a BCS AQ. Long term it would be worth the cost, if the BIG XII stays together.

I get it, but it's still funny.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I get it, but it's still funny.

It is ironic. Although I am sure there is some rich booster down there that will pony up the pocket change.

vailpass
10-06-2011, 09:25 AM

LMAO

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 09:26 AM

That is one pissed off looking uterus.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I for one welcome our Horned Frog overlords....

So much for UT never allowing TCU.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Actually, since they were not yet part of the Big East, they don't have to pay any exit fee. Banner is up on Sportsline Breaking News that they have been invited and are expected to accept.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Actually, since they were not yet part of the Big East, they don't have to pay any exit fee. Banner is up on Sportsline Breaking News that they have been invited and are expected to accept.

Wrong again.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 09:45 AM

Of course they are expected to accept. They were a mid-major for the last 20 years and the Big East just exploded. Where else would they go?

HolyHandgernade
I for one welcome our Horned Frog overlords....

So much for UT never allowing TCU.

I suspect another motivation crept into this decision. TCU had been mentioned as a dark horse candidate for further SEC expansion and I think the Texas schools were a bit nervous about two Texas schools in the SEC, so this might have been a bit of a preemptive move to head that off, especially if Mizzou does go to the SEC.

HolyHandgernade
Of course they are expected to accept. They were a mid-major for the last 20 years and the Big East just exploded. Where else would they go?

I'm just repeating what was on the banner.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Wrong again.

Really?

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
I suspect another motivation crept into this decision. TCU had been mentioned as a dark horse candidate for further SEC expansion and I think the Texas schools were a bit nervous about two Texas schools in the SEC, so this might have been a bit of a preemptive move to head that off, especially if Mizzou does go to the SEC.

LOL

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
LOL

What are you, in Junior High?

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Interesting. Just saw a tweet that Bama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia are the ones who are in the no column on Mizzou. Interesting that the football strong schools would be in the no, given that Mizzou would be such an easy win on their schedule.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 09:53 AM

TCU was considered for the SEC? I don't recall reading or hearing that anywhere, even as a dark horse possibility. Got a link for that?

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 09:58 AM
TCU was considered for the SEC? I don't recall reading or hearing that anywhere, even as a dark horse possibility. Got a link for that?

No, he doesn't.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 10:00 AM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-wetzel_sec_texas_teams_should_include_tcu_083011

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-wetzel_sec_texas_teams_should_include_tcu_083011

"Unlikely? Sure. Am I the only one who sees it? Probably."

That is an opinion piece, not anything remotely showing ANY interest by the SEC.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 10:03 AM
No, he doesn't.

Why do people want to be such pricks?

Brock
10-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Why do people want to be such pricks?

This is sports. It's SERIOUS.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
"Unlikely? Sure. Am I the only one who sees it? Probably."

That is an opinion piece, not anything remotely showing ANY interest by the SEC.

I didn't say "by the SEC", I said:

TCU had been mentioned as a dark horse candidate for further SEC expansion

mnchiefsguy said:

TCU was considered for the SEC?

So fuck off.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
This is sports. It's SERIOUS.

Oh yes, I forget. Thanks for the reminder.

Saul Good
10-06-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm getting word that Tulane has an invitation to the SEC. The Big XII better scoop them up quickly.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm getting word that Tulane has an invitation to the SEC. The Big XII better scoop them up quickly.

Tulane does have that coveted AAU membership.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
810 is reporting Mizzou abstained from voting on the TCU expansion offer.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=205311929

talastan
10-06-2011, 10:21 AM

This is promising.....:hmmm:

Jerm
10-06-2011, 10:34 AM
So Keitzman's trying to stir the flames on Twitter, saying his "sources" stated that Deaton took part in the discussions and was involved in everything bar the vote. He then said would he really do that if his intentions were to move Mizzou.

Ok whatever Kevin, clueless moron.

Mr. Plow
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Shocker.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 10:36 AM
So Keitzman's trying to stir the flames on Twitter, saying his "sources" stated that Deaton took part in the discussions and was involved in everything bar the vote. He then said would he really do that if his intentions were to move Mizzou.

IIRC Chip Brown was the first to tweet that Mizzou participated in the discussions, but recused from voting.

ChiefsCountry
10-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Well they got the Big 12 South taken care of now with the additon of TCU. Now onto the North they go with BYU and Louisville then who between Cincinnati and West Virginia.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 10:50 AM

KK: "Mizzou has an offer from the Big Ten and they are going. Done Deal"

KK: "No one is talking about Mizzou to the SEC! They aren't going anywhere! The Dearmonds are making this up!"

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Wrong.

"What it means is that TCU could be out of the Big East before it ever officially joins. According to two college officials, it would be an easy departure for the Horned Frogs, since they would only have to pay a $5 million exit fee and aren’t bound by the 27-month waiting period penalty unless they are Big East members as of July 1."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/09/big_12_trying_to_take_tcu_befo.html

Wrong. TCU has never been under consideration for joining the SEC.

Interesting. Just saw a tweet that Bama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia are the ones who are in the no column on Mizzou. Interesting that the football strong schools would be in the no, given that Mizzou would be such an easy win on their schedule.

I'm just speculating but Bama is probably hesitant to sign away their cross-division rivalry with Tennessee. Florida and Georgia are likely skeptical about having to travel to Mizzou as they are the two schools farthest away. Not sure about LSU.

Awesome.

Jerm
10-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I just find it funny and ironic that out of all the schools rumored to be invited, it's another Texas school that gets the first invite.

Boy that should make Mizzou feel secure now...

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Wrong.

"What it means is that TCU could be out of the Big East before it ever officially joins. According to two college officials, it would be an easy departure for the Horned Frogs, since they would only have to pay a $5 million exit fee and aren’t bound by the 27-month waiting period penalty unless they are Big East members as of July 1."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/09/big_12_trying_to_take_tcu_befo.html

My apologies, I was going off old information and just woken up, so I hadn't read all the new details.

Wrong. TCU has never been under consideration for joining the SEC.

I never said that, so you can fuck off too.

ChiefsCountry
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I just find it funny and ironic that out of all the schools rumored to be invited, it's another Texas school that gets the first invite.

TCU is the cleanest one to invite first. They are already out the door at the MWC and haven't even been in the Big East yet. BYU would have issues with getting out of the WCC.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
My apologies, I was going off old information and just woken up, so I hadn't read all the new details.

I never said that, so you can fuck off too.

Just stay out of this thread. You are obviously too far away from reality to make a valuable contribution.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Just stay out of this thread. You are obviously too far away from reality to make a valuable contribution.

Suck my cock.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 11:03 AM
TCU is the cleanest one to invite first. They are already out the door at the MWC and haven't even been in the Big East yet. BYU would have issues with getting out of the WCC.

BYU is already out of the WCC in football, I can't imagine it would be that hard to get out of there for its remaining sports as well.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 11:04 AM

like A&M, TCU has lived in UT's shadow and will not toe their party line. I view this as a GOOD thing. Before it was always said UT would never allow another Texas school, especially a strong one like TCU. OU was the one pushing for TCU.

ChiefsCountry
10-06-2011, 11:06 AM
BYU is already out of the WCC in football, I can't imagine it would be that hard to get out of there for its remaining sports as well.

You are thinking of the MWC. WCC is the league where BYU just parked the rest of their sports just joined this year. Its the home of Gonzaga and St. Mary's.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 11:06 AM
If the Big East is going to be a stickler about the 27 month rule, perhaps the Big XII strategy is to invite Louisville and then bring BYU in with them, just in time for the 1st Tier contract negotiations. Adding TCU now ensures the current 10 team agreement for the 2nd Tier isn't altered until that time.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
If the Big East is going to be a stickler about the 27 month rule, perhaps the Big XII strategy is to invite Louisville and then bring BYU in with them, just in time for the 1st Tier contract negotiations. Adding TCU now ensures the current 10 team agreement for the 2nd Tier isn't altered until that time.

they aren't subject to the 27mo rule. Maybe you should head over to Tigerboard....

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
You are thinking of the MWC. WCC is the league where BYU just parked the rest of their sports just joined this year. Its the home of Gonzaga and St. Mary's.

Would the exit fees be that bad though, considering no football is involved?

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 11:16 AM
they aren't subject to the 27mo rule. Maybe you should head over to Tigerboard....

I'm talking about Louisville, not TCU.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm talking about Louisville, not TCU.

The only reason TCU gets out of the rule is that there is a clause in their contract, they can get out before July 1 with only the 5 million dollar penalty. If TCU actually starts play in the Big East, then they would be subject to the 27 month penalty that the rest of schools are subject too.

Big East Commish was saying they were going to make Syracuse and Pitt play for the full 27 months. Would the Big East treat Louisville any differently?

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
http://cjonline.com/sports/2011-10-06/schulz-big-12-votes-add-tcu#.To3jpfJH5yU

Kansas State president Kirk Schulz, chairman of the Big 12 expansion committee, confirmed the league has voted to invite TCU as a 10th member.

"(TCU) fits well within our conference profile," Schulz said in a telephone interview. "This represents a tremendous addition to the Big 12."

The Big 12 later confirmed the move, saying it was approved by unanimous vote by the league's board of directors. Missouri, which announced plans to explore its conference affiliation, abstained.

"Obviously, we are very interested in Missouri staying in the Big 12," Schulz said. "We think the addition of TCU shows some stability. Bringing a team in this region into this league is critical."

Schulz said the league had not yet reached a consensus on whether to pursue future expansion or stay with 10 teams.

"I think we are continuing to deliberate and watch the conference landscape," Schulz said.

Schulz did say the league's board of directors would need to reach a decision "relatively soon" on how many members to add.

From K-State's standpoint, there's an argument for both a 10- and 12-team league, Schulz said.

"I think we've got some parts of us like the championship game and like the North-South format," Schulz said. "There's some places within the university at K-State that believes that. I also think there's some particular groups that love the fact we're playing every school in the league, making the championship determination on the field.

"As K-State president, I'm not sure I have a strong personal feeling on whether we should be 10, 12 or some other number yet."

Schulz indicated the league's expansion committee would remain active as the Big 12 ponders its next move. Cultural fit has been the priority when assessing expansion candidates, he said.

"I think we want to continue to find schools that we think will culturally fit within the Midwest," Schulz said. "That doesn't mean you can't grab schools from the east or the west, but I think they have to be universities that we feel fit with the other schools in our region, both athletically and academically."

TCU certainly fits the profile. The Horned Frogs have become a football power, winning the Rose Bowl last season, and their baseball team is a perennial contender for the College World Series. Located in Fort Worth, TCU also presents manageable travel for non-revenue sports.

TCU was set to join the Big East next season.

"They certainly have very competitive athletic programs," Schulz said. "They fit well within our conference footprint. For non-revenue sports, our fan base, travel into the Dallas-Fort Worth, it's very convenient."

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Here are a couple of interesting links...the first one is a football forum post, so take it for what it is worth. The second is a Mike DeArmond article for campus corner, and seems pretty solid.

http://gridironhistory.com/forums/index.php?topic=355.0

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2109

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I bet old man Snyder is loving this. If he stays on for a few more years he could have KSU dominating the North again.

North:
KSU
KU
ISU
Louisville
BYU
Cincinnati/West Virginia

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
The only reason TCU gets out of the rule is that there is a clause in their contract, they can get out before July 1 with only the 5 million dollar penalty. If TCU actually starts play in the Big East, then they would be subject to the 27 month penalty that the rest of schools are subject too.

Big East Commish was saying they were going to make Syracuse and Pitt play for the full 27 months. Would the Big East treat Louisville any differently?

I understand, mikeyis4dcats., couldn't resist a cheap shot at the expense of his reading comprehension. I'm beginning to realize I have to go very slowly and be exact with all the blood in the water about me, so here it goes. And, just to reiterate, it is complete speculation on my part. Holy fuck.

People were wondering why TCU was the first to be invited. My speculation is that it might be part of a larger expansion plan.

Louisville is a rumored candidate but would be subject to the 27 month rule. Perhaps that can be mitigated, but let's assume the Big East is going to be stern on this.

The 2nd Tier contract was for a 10 team conference, so to avoid any disruption to that contract, the Big XII moves on the easiest candidate to bring in, TCU. If they stall on TCU, then they have to wait 27 months if they join the Big East or possibly with the MWC if they went back there.

BYU is comfortable with their situation as a football independent, so they can hang that way until the 27 month period is over for Louisville. Extricating itself from the WCC for non football sports shouldn't be that big of a problem.

This 27 month cycle would lead right into the 1st Tier negotiations time table, so the Big XII could afford to wait while Louisville sits in the Big East.

Saulbadguy
I bet old man Snyder is loving this. If he stays on for a few more years he could have KSU dominating the North again.

North:
KSU
KU
ISU
Louisville
BYU
Cincinnati/West Virginia
WOULD TAKE

Bambi

North:
KSU
KU
ISU
Louisville
BYU
Cincinnati/West Virginia

I like this.

Winning the Orange Bowl was in my top 5 sports moments of all time. With this setup I can see KU getting back sooner than I thought.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
WOULD TAKE

Agreed!

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM

North:
KSU
KU
ISU
Louisville
BYU
Cincinnati/West Virginia

Back to basketball in the North and football in the South. I could live with that.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Back to basketball in the North and football in the South. I could live with that.

:rolleyes:

alnorth
10-06-2011, 11:38 AM

The issue is thought to be the divisions. Some schools reportedly want someone from the East so that no one switches out of the west to the east, and if there is no good East option available, they'd be fine with staying at 13 until one is available.

HolyHandgernade
10-06-2011, 11:40 AM

You are saying Louisville is not subject to the 27 month rule? Why not?

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
The issue is thought to be the divisions. Some schools reportedly want someone from the East so that no one switches out of the west to the east, and if there is no good East option available, they'd be fine with staying at 13 until one is available.

Divisions, and also Alabama does not want to give up their game with TN, which they would if Auburn moves to the East.

Mizzou could be in either division and it could work, so if that is their lone concern, I am sure it will get worked out.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
This may have gotten buried in the TCU news, but today Texas finally gave in on the high school issue. As long as all schools are committed to the conference, the LHN will not show high school content. No games, no highlights, nothing.

ChiefsCountry
10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Ironic thing about the LHN is Mizzou's owns its own tv station as well.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Divisions, and also Alabama does not want to give up their game with TN, which they would if Auburn moves to the East.

Mizzou could be in either division and it could work, so if that is their lone concern, I am sure it will get worked out.

Mizzou might be fine with being in the east, but the east schools might not. You are asking everyone in the east to travel to Columbia more often than schools which are closer to Columbia.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 11:44 AM
This may have gotten buried in the TCU news, but today Texas finally gave in on the high school issue. As long as all schools are committed to the conference, the LHN will not show high school content. No games, no highlights, nothing.

But in return, Texas is only willing to commit its rights for six years. Others were pushing for the whole length of the Fox contract, which is 13 years. Some view Texas giving in on the highlights as merely conceding something the NCAA was going to ban a some point anyway, so they really did not give up as much as is being perceived.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Interestingly, people are now reporting that Mizzou originally asked everyone to make a 13-year commitment to the Big 12, but Texas and a couple others balked at such a long period of time, so everyone compromised at 6 instead. Kind of puts the lie to their "official" reason for looking around, which was that since the Big 12 wants a 6-year commitment they should evaluate their options first, when in reality Mizzou was probably upset at not locking everyone down for 13 years.

KC native
10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Kinda surprised by the Big 12 invite for TCU. It will be an interesting dynamic because our AD is not likely to kis UT's ass.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I like this.

Winning the Orange Bowl was in my top 5 sports moments of all time. With this setup I can see KU getting back sooner than I thought.

Are you guys rehiring Mangino? Is he going to eat Snyder?

It would be an accomplishment if Radio ever won more than 2 Big 12 games in a season. No way ku sniffs a North title in that setup as long as Snyder is at KSU and BYU/WVU remain relevant.

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 11:53 AM

North:
KSU
KU
ISU
Louisville
BYU
Cincinnati/West Virginia

I think Old Man Snyder will miss Mizzou though. He is 14-5 against the Tigers, soon to be 15-5 after this weekend.:D

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Tulane?

DaveSittler Dave Sittler
by dennisdoddcbs
Big 12 source: "BYU, West Virginia and Tulane also on list."

Dr. Gigglepants
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Petro had a decent idea, make the 6 year commitment a "rolling" 6 years, i.e. your TV rights belong to the conference for 6 years after you leave. To me, the 6 year commitment isn't enough, why not go 20 like the B10? 6 years doesn't do anything but further highlight what the real issue here is, which is distrust of UT.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Petro had a decent idea, make the 6 year commitment a "rolling" 6 years, i.e. your TV rights belong to the conference for 6 years after you leave. To me, the 6 year commitment isn't enough, why not go 20 like the B10? 6 years doesn't do anything but further highlight what the real issue here is, which is distrust of UT.

hardly Petro's idea....it's been mentioned by many over the last week.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I think Old Man Snyder will miss Mizzou though. He is 14-5 against the Tigers, soon to be 15-5 after this weekend.:D

He is a damn good coach, no doubt. Wonder what would have happened if Prince wasn't so terrible.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Petro regurgitated a decent and obviously stolen unoriginal idea, make the 6 year commitment a "rolling" 6 years, i.e. your TV rights belong to the conference for 6 years after you leave. To me, the 6 year commitment isn't enough, why not go 20 like the B10? 6 years doesn't do anything but further highlight what the real issue here is, which is distrust of UT.

fmp

patteeu
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Interestingly, people are now reporting that Mizzou originally asked everyone to make a 13-year commitment to the Big 12, but Texas and a couple others balked at such a long period of time, so everyone compromised at 6 instead. Kind of puts the lie to their "official" reason for looking around, which was that since the Big 12 wants a 6-year commitment they should evaluate their options first, when in reality Mizzou was probably upset at not locking everyone down for 13 years.

No, it doesn't put the lie to it. Whether 6 years or 13 years, prior to making a long-term commitment is the time to evaluate whether you want to be committed for the long term.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Doesn't "put a lie" to it at all. Mizzou is looking because the Big 12 wants a six year commitment. Mizzou wanted more. You are implying that Mizzou lied because it was not willing to make a six year commitment. The reality of it is that Mizzou want a longer term commitment for TX and OU. Didn't get it, so they decided to shop around.

Since the Big XII wants such a short commitment time, Mizzou decided to look around. Nothing wrong with that.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Tulane's last two football games are a 3 TD loss to Duke and a 45-6 loss to Army.

I expect some epic battles with ku.

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I like this.

In that conference you'd have to win it to make it to a BCS bowl. As long as UT and OU are still in, KU isn't winning the conference.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Doesn't "put a lie" to it at all. Mizzou is looking because the Big 12 wants a six year commitment. Mizzou wanted more. You are implying that Mizzou lied because it was not willing to make a six year commitment. The reality of it is that Mizzou want a longer term commitment for TX and OU. Didn't get it, so they decided to shop around.

Since the Big XII wants such a short commitment time, Mizzou decided to look around. Nothing wrong with that.

not quite, patteu's response was more on the mark.

I'm saying that publicly Mizzou is saying "whoa there, 6 years? Thats an awful long time! We gotta think about it first" while privately they were saying "6 years? Just six stinkin years? Are you kidding, thats not enough, we don't trust you, we're looking around now"

alnorth
10-06-2011, 12:21 PM

That is a silly idea. No one can leave if their rights are owned for the next 6 years, you'd have to figure out a way to get the votes needed to dissolve the conference. So, this is basically college football's equivalent to the Scientology billion-year contract.

The B1G has an extremely long-term commitment, but even they have not asked their schools to commit forever and ever till the end of time. (or end of conference)

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:26 PM
not quite, patteu's response was more on the mark.

I'm saying that publicly Mizzou is saying "whoa there, 6 years? Thats an awful long time! We gotta think about it first" while privately they were saying "6 years? Just six stinkin years? Are you kidding, thats not enough, we don't trust you, we're looking around now"

See, I don't think that the "whoa there, 6 years? Thats an awful long time!" line of thinking is the correct perception of what Mizzou said. That Mizzou had wanted a 13 year commitment was known around the same time as their announcement. We are debating interpretation at this point. Most Mizzou fans did not see six years as a long enough commitment.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
That is a silly idea. No one can leave if their rights are owned for the next 6 years, you'd have to figure out a way to get the votes needed to dissolve the conference. So, this is basically college football's equivalent to the Scientology billion-year contract.

The B1G has an extremely long-term commitment, but even they have not asked their schools to commit forever and ever till the end of time. (or end of conference)

It is not forever, it is a true six year penalty from the date of the school in question leaving. Under the current six year plan, Texas could stick around for four or five years, establish the LHN network, and then bail. Their penalty in that situation would be a drop in the bucket compared to the mass pile of money they would have accumulated in that time. So the six year commitment that is currently on the table really is not worth six years, it is more of a three or four year band aid that does not provide any real stability.

Pants
10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
See, I don't think that the "whoa there, 6 years? Thats an awful long time!" line of thinking is the correct perception of what Mizzou said. That Mizzou had wanted a 13 year commitment was known around the same time as their announcement. We are debating interpretation at this point. Most Mizzou fans did not see six years as a long enough commitment.

I agree. It's really about time you guys left for the SEC.

Pants
10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
It is not forever, it is a true six year penalty from the date of the school in question leaving. Under the current six year plan, Texas could stick around for four or five years, establish the LHN network, and then bail. Their penalty in that situation would be a drop in the bucket compared to the mass pile of money they would have accumulated in that time. So the six year commitment that is currently on the table really is not worth six years, it is more of a three or four year band aid that does not provide any real stability.

Uhhh a rolling agreement is forever, you doofus. :facepalm:

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I agree. It's really about time you guys left for the SEC.

I just don't think that the perception that Mizzou was willing to commit for less than six years is a defenseable one. Mizzou wanted a longer and stronger commitment than what TX and OU were willing to give.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Uhhh a rolling agreement is forever, you doofus. :facepalm:

Until one breaks it. Would it be tough to break? Sure. But if Texas really wanted to get out, they could come up with the money. Plus they would shift some of their content to the LHN to minimize the cost.

Also, agreements like this are rarely fully enforced. They would negotiate a settlement and get out of it. With a longer agreement, that settlement gets bigger.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 12:35 PM

No, they were pretty clear about their "official story" in the press conference. Some people may have speculated what they really wanted (Big 12 network? tier 3 sharing? longer commitment? what?), but publicly they were saying that since they are being asked to commit for 6 full years, they needed to evaluate their options first. There was no implication in the PC that the "official story" is that 6 years wasn't enough.

There's a good reason for that, too. Legally, to head off Baylor lawsuits or whatever, Mizzou needs to appear like there is no pre-conceived notion that they ever wanted to leave, whether for the SEC or anyone else, and the SEC needs to appear like they are fully happy with 13. So Mizzou decides to look around at their options just to make sure they should commit to the Big 12 for 6 years, when a sudden flash of inspiration strikes. "Why Gosh, the SEC looks pretty good! It never even occurred to us to join that conference!", with the SEC responding with "why heck, we weren't looking at expanding and hadn't even given Mizzou the slightest thought, but since you asked, why sure, come on in!"

Behind the scenes Mizzou might be using the threat of leaving for leverage, and SEC may or may not be giving assurances, and everyone in the world may know whats going on, but publicly, they can't admit that in anything that would leave a paper trail. Just closed non-public un-discoverable off-the-record discussions.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM

It is forever because no conference will want you if they can't have your rights. This isn't some cash penalty you pay, it eliminates your value to anyone else. Maybe they could stomach you being a useless spare tire in the conference for 1 year, but not six.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
No, they were pretty clear about their "official story" in the press conference. Some people may have speculated what they really wanted (Big 12 network? tier 3 sharing? longer commitment? what?), but publicly they were saying that since they are being asked to commit for 6 full years, they needed to evaluate their options first. There was no implication in the PC that the "official story" is that 6 years wasn't enough.

There's a good reason for that, too. Legally, to head off Baylor lawsuits or whatever, Mizzou needs to appear like there is no pre-conceived notion that they ever wanted to leave, whether for the SEC or anyone else, and the SEC needs to appear like they are fully happy with 13. So Mizzou decides to look around at their options just to make sure they should commit to the Big 12 for 6 years, when a sudden flash of inspiration strikes. "Why Gosh, the SEC looks pretty good! It never even occurred to us to join that conference!", with the SEC responding with "why heck, we weren't looking at expanding and hadn't even given Mizzou the slightest thought, but since you asked, why sure, come on in!"

Behind the scenes Mizzou might be using the threat of leaving for leverage, and SEC may or may not be giving assurances, and everyone in the world may know whats going on, but publicly, they can't admit that in anything that would leave a paper trail. Just closed non-public un-discoverable off-the-record discussions.

Baylor lawsuits were no longer a factor once the Commissioner of the BIG XII said the league would be just fine without Mizzou. Mizzou's statement was simply that they were looking around, and that the Big XII wanted a six year commitment, and that Mizzou would do what is best for Mizzou. That's it. If anything, Mizzou wanting and willing to give a longer commitment shows that Mizzou is commited to the long term of the BIG XII.

I know you love slandering Mizzou and you are a KU guy, and that is fine. I just think saying Mizzou was "putting a lie" on at the presser was not the correct interpretation of the presser. We can agree to disagree.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM
It is forever because no conference will want you if they can't have your rights. This isn't some cash penalty you pay, it eliminates your value to anyone else. Maybe they could stomach you being a useless spare tire in the conference for 1 year, but not six.

Probably true. But given the vast value of what Texas athletics had become, you cannot say that there is a 100% chance of that occurring. I agree that the six year rolling agreement is as close to a true complete lockdown as you can get, I just don't think it is completely impossible to get out of. When there is that much money involved, there seems to always be a way to bend the rules in your favor.

HemiEd
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Whu? Mizzou is a football power!!!!!

patteeu
10-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Minor correction: They said that the conference was asking members to sign on to a long term commitment of at least 6 years.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Baylor lawsuits were no longer a factor once the Commissioner of the BIG XII said the league would be just fine without Mizzou. Mizzou's statement was simply that they were looking around, and that the Big XII wanted a six year commitment, and that Mizzou would do what is best for Mizzou. That's it. If anything, Mizzou wanting and willing to give a longer commitment shows that Mizzou is commited to the long term of the BIG XII.

I know you love slandering Mizzou and you are a KU guy, and that is fine. I just think saying Mizzou was "putting a lie" on at the presser was not the correct interpretation of the presser. We can agree to disagree.

This is not slander, its pretty clear. I mean, I could pull quotes if I have to, but I shouldn't have to because everyone listening heard Deaton basically say that since the conference was asking for a 6-year commitment, which he said he understood they probably should be asking for, but since they were asking, they need to evaluate their options. The official story wasn't that the Big 12 failed to ask everyone to make a big enough commitment, it was that since they asked for any commitment at all, they needed to look first.

As for the legal implications, of course it matters. The case may or may not be weak, but why the hell would you give anyone any ammo at all if you don't have to. Just put together the kabuki dance and no one can sue (or if they sue anyway, it can be knocked out quickly and cheaply). Even if you think you could win, lawyers are still expensive and no one needs a long legal fight if they can avoid it while still getting what they want. Mizzou would be morons to publicly say that they have been talking to the SEC and are now taking them up on their offer to leave.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:48 PM
This is not slander, its pretty clear. I mean, I could pull quotes if I have to, but I shouldn't have to because everyone listening heard Deaton basically say that since the conference was asking for a 6-year commitment, which he said he understood they probably should be asking for, but since they were asking, they need to evaluate their options. The official story wasn't that the Big 12 failed to ask everyone to make a big enough commitment, it was that since they asked for any commitment at all, they needed to look first.

As for the legal implications, of course it matters. The case may or may not be weak, but why the hell would you give anyone any ammo at all if you don't have to. Just put together the kabuki dance and no one can sue. Even if you think you could win, lawyers are still expensive. Mizzou would be morons to publicly say that they have been talking to the SEC and are now taking them up on their offer to leave.

Which is why Mizzou said what it said. What they said is open to interpretation and we differ on that. You think they were less than honest and have made that clear. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just disagree.

ChiTown
10-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Whu? Mizzou is a football power!!!!!

Indeed. You can hardly see the rust on their last outright Football Conference Championship Trophy from 1960.:D

alnorth
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Which is why Mizzou said what it said. What they said is open to interpretation and we differ on that. You think they were less than honest and have made that clear. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just disagree.

Fair enough, I'm just a little surprised at your partisanship because what you think they said, in regards to whether they said they were leaving because they didn't get the 13 years they wanted vs needing to evaluate after being asked to make a commitment, simply has no basis in reality.

I could claim that it was president Carter who asked the Soviets to "tear down this wall", you respond by saying that I'm wrong because it was president Reagan, and I could then say well I disagree, and we'll just have to agree to disagree because you are anti-Carter, but that doesn't mean my opinion isn't clearly false.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Fair enough, I'm just a little surprised at your partisanship because what you think they said, in regards to whether they said they were leaving because they didn't get the 13 years they wanted vs needing to evaluate after being asked to make a commitment, simply has no basis in reality.

I could claim that it was president Carter who asked the Soviets to "tear down this wall", you respond by saying that I'm wrong because it was president Reagan, and I could then say well I disagree, and we'll just have to agree to disagree because you are anti-Carter, but that doesn't mean my opinion isn't clearly false.

Your Carter/Reagan analogy does not apply. We can play the tape and see who said it. We are not disagreeing as to WHAT Mizzou said. We are disagreeing about what Mizzou MEANT and what Mizzou INTENDED. The only ones who know the complete truth of the latter are the Missouri Curators, the chancellor, and the AD.

I choose to look at Mizzou in a favorable light. You choose not too. Don't sit there and try to say the fact you are a KU'er does not color your opinion of what Mizzou meant in its message.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Your Carter/Reagan analogy does not apply. We can play the tape and see who said it. We are not disagreeing as to WHAT Mizzou said. We are disagreeing about what Mizzou MEANT and what Mizzou INTENDED. The only ones who know the complete truth of the latter are the Missouri Curators, the chancellor, and the AD.

I choose to look at Mizzou in a favorable light. You choose not too. Don't sit there and try to say the fact you are a KU'er does not color your opinion of what Mizzou meant in its message.

We might have a fundamental misunderstanding. I could not care less what they meant or intended. I could easily believe that they were quietly upset about not getting 13 years.

Their carefully-crafted statement does not convey that message at all, and in fact conveys a very different message, not because they wanted to be deceitful or anything like that, but because their lawyers understandably ordered them to.

This is not a slam on Mizzou, at all. If this was any other team in the same situation, they would need to say basically what Mizzou said regardless of the real reasons.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Now there are reports that the BIG XII voted to approve the six year commitment, but that Mizzou abstained from that vote as well. Interesting.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Now there are reports that the BIG XII voted to approve the six year commitment, but that Mizzou abstained from that vote as well. Interesting.

Very interesting. Almost as if I have heard this before... :hmmm:

alnorth
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I think at this point Mizzou is going to abstain from everything to prevent a conflict of interest, until their situation is settled.

If they eventually left, the other members would obviously prefer they not vote. If the SEC says no, or if UT/OU/whoever cries uncle and Mizzou elects to stay, then they will start voting again.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Question for MU fans.

If tomorrow morning it was announced that TCU, BYU and Louisville were joing the Big 12 would you still want to leave?

one down.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I think at this point Mizzou is going to abstain from everything to prevent a conflict of interest, until their situation is settled.

If they eventually left, the other members would obviously prefer they not vote. If the SEC says no, or if UT/OU/whoever cries uncle and Mizzou elects to stay, then they will start voting again.

Yeah, I don't think them abstaining means one thing or another, they are just staying neutral at this point.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 01:15 PM

Although I agree that having MU in the league is a good thing, what they "do" or "don't do" is getting less and less interesting to the rest of us firmly committed to the Big 12.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Although I agree that having MU in the league is a good thing, what they "do" or "don't do" is getting less and less interesting to the rest of us firmly committed to the Big 12.

You are free to not post and go back to your corner kissing Texas ass at any time if this thread is boring you.....

Frazod
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Like you have a fucking choice. LMAO

Bambi
10-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Like you have a ****ing choice. LMAO

I don't know whats worse.

Not having a choice or your choice not mattering to anyone.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 01:22 PM
You are free to not post and go back to your corner kissing Texas ass at any time if this thread is boring you.....

This thread is about conference realignment.

TCU is moving to the Big 12.

MU is just one of many schools either moving or pondering moves.

eazyb81

Clearly, since this board is on the verge of having two threads catch AIDS from too many posts, over 80% of which are from non-Mizzou fans.

Frazod

Judging by the endless KUnt butthurt in this thread, I'd have to go with not having a choice.

eazyb81

I do. Not having a choice is clearly worse. LMAO

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
This thread is about conference realignment.

TCU is moving to the Big 12.

MU is just one of many schools either moving or pondering moves.

I think if MU leaves, we get Louisville. Then we stay at 10.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 01:25 PM

I can see this. But how is the BIG XII going to get the Big East to let Louisville go, when the Big East has already said they are making Pitt and Syracuse stay the full 27 months? That is the big dollar question.

Also, KK is ripping on Mizzou again, saying that Mizzou's decision should be easy and they should stay.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Fine with me.

MU has a better "campus feel".

Louisville has more achievement as a program.

Pretty much a wash

Bambi
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I do. Not having a choice is clearly worse. LMAO

Cool. I wouldn't know.

My school is happy where they are and are proud.

Lets play some games.

Pants
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM

I want the mormons.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Chip:
As Big East destabilizes, sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas is pushing for Notre Dame to move its "other"sports to B12.

Dayze
10-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't know what to think about the Big 12. GRatned, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it just seems like it's UT and OU....then piss on everyone else.
and every other team in the league - sans MU - seems to be ok with that.

I don't follow the Big 12, so don't flame me to badly; just giving an outside-looking-in view.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM

I don't think we can stop at Louisville, because they are stuck in the Big East for a while. If the rumors can be trusted, I think we go to 12. There appears to be a lot of votes in favor of 12.

Old Dog
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I want the mormons.

If they're in for football, absolutely....

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't think we can stop at Louisville, because they are stuck in the Big East for a while. If the rumors can be trusted, I think we go to 12. There appears to be a lot of votes in favor of 12.

I think Texas and OU only want 10, for obvious reasons.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't know what to think about the Big 12. GRatned, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it just seems like it's UT and OU....then piss on everyone else.

I don't follow the Big 12, so don't flame me to badly; just giving an outside-looking-in view.

A few years ago sure, which is partly why Nebraska left. However, the Big 12 has just adopted the same revenue-sharing model that the SEC has, so that really isn't the case any longer.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM

A scenario could be to go to 11 and stop. Ten play the next two seasons, Louisville sits out, the BIG XII gets their full contract money from Fox, and then when it gets closer for Louisville to join, they add #12. There would be no rush to get to 12 if you know Louisville has to wait to get in, and they could focus on getting the school they want, instead of grabbing whomever is available.

Old Dog
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM

The others don't have a hell of a lot of choice right now. Mizzou is only doing what's available to them (as they should be). If KSU had the option right now and weren't doing something I would be livid...as it stands there's not a hell of a lot they can do unless you're wanting them to petition the MWC for inclusion.

alnorth
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I think Texas and OU only want 10, for obvious reasons.

Most, if not all of the rest of the conference wants 12, and once you grant your 6-year media rights you don't have a whole hell of a lot of leverage. (well, OU doesn't have any leverage now anyway, and neither does UT since they don't want to go independent and no one else will take them as-is)

kstater
10-06-2011, 01:44 PM
BITB BITBing right now.

Dayze
10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
thanks.

Bill Brasky
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Chip:Quote:
As Big East destabilizes, sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas is pushing for Notre Dame to move its "other"sports to B12.

This would be awful. I hope the big 12 tells texas to cram up their pooper because that move would pave the way for texas to follow suit and go independent in football.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Probably true. But given the vast value of what Texas athletics had become, you cannot say that there is a 100% chance of that occurring. I agree that the six year rolling agreement is as close to a true complete lockdown as you can get, I just don't think it is completely impossible to get out of. When there is that much money involved, there seems to always be a way to bend the rules in your favor.

so the argument for a rolling 6 yr term is that anyone but Texas would be hard pressed to get out of it? :)

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:04 PM
so the argument for a rolling 6 yr term is that anyone but Texas would be hard pressed to get out of it? :)

The reality is is that Texas will have enough money to get out of just about anything. The only thing you can really do is make as cost prohibitive as possible to make Texas at least think about it before they take off.

The rolling 6 yr term would be as close to ironclad as possible, even for Texas...but other than Texas, do you see any other school that would even think about trying to break it?

|Zach|
10-06-2011, 02:05 PM
TCU to the Big 12?

All about the pointy ball.

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Any decision on the decision to make a decision to make a decision? Yet?

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
TCU to the Big 12?

All about the pointy ball.

TCU is pretty awful at basketball aren't they? I think I read somewhere there was some doubt that they could win more than one or two games in Big East play.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Any decision on the decision to make a decision to make a decision? Yet?

Nope, it has been decided that they are not deciding yet LOL.

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
TCU is pretty awful at basketball aren't they? I think I read somewhere there was some doubt that they could win more than one or two games in Big East play.

Doesn't matter. KSU had a B12 road record under Asbury/Wooly of 4 and 100,000. In one year of Huggins that all changed. You can turn around a CBBall program that quickly.

Pants
10-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Doesn't matter. KSU had a B12 road record under Asbury/Wooly of 4 and 100,000. In one year of Huggins that all changed. You can turn around a CBBall program that quickly.

Same could be said about OBZ taking over your FB program, no?

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM

And Snyder turned around KSU football, so might as well invite Tulane as well. This game is fun.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:12 PM

I don't think it matters. College BBall does turn around much quicker than football. I am sure the influx of money from the BIG XII tv contract will help TCU get some better BBall recruits and a better coach.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:13 PM
And Snyder turned around KSU football, so might as well invite Tulane as well. This game is fun.

Only if Bill Snyder goes and turns them around. Tulane is pretty bad. I hate K-State as a rival and opponent, but Bill Snyder's turnaround of that program is one of the greatest in all of sports. K-State was an embarrassment in football for my lifetime, and my parents lifetime before Snyder came.

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by eazyb81

OBZ took a 5-7 team to 6-6 last season. He didn't so anything special.

KC native
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Yea, we're pretty bad at basketball but TCU and it's boosters are serious about stepping that program up to the level of our other sports.

The impending big least move immediately paid off in the type of recruits we have been able to at least consider TCU. Moving to the big 12 will keep that trend up.

Pants
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
The only negative about the TCU move is that we have to deal with KC native now. He's like a slightly worse version of Rustshack.

KC native
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
The only negative about the TCU move is that we have to deal with KC native now. He's like a slightly worse version of Rustshack.

Worried our ground game is going to put up georgia tech type numbers on ku's defense?

Frazod
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM

So where would that put him on the Wickedson scale?

Old Dog
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM

apples/oranges

He's so far out on his own even KU guys normally think he's an idiot
Hell, I'm not sure he and Knowmo aren't in the same neighborhood

Pants
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Worried our ground game is going to put up georgia tech type numbers on ku's defense?

Had you actually read my post, you would have seen that I'm more worried about having to see your posts than anything else. That's why I said it was "the only negative thing about the TCU move."

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM

At KCNative's team has won some football games, unlike Rustshack's.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
apples/oranges

He's so far out on his own even KU guys normally think he's an idiot
Hell, I'm not sure he and Knowmo aren't in the same neighborhood

Wickedson and Knowmo are roomates.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Same could be said about OBZ taking over your FB program, no?

And Terry Alllen Mark Mangino Turner Gill__________(insert name here) about your FB program. ;)

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
meh, unless adding TCU is to 'stop the bleeding' so that we can go after bigger fish.

BYU > TCU > Baylor ... we could be religion conference.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
"If anyone's causing instability, it's them (Missouri)" -Jason King

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:40 PM
"If anyone's causing instability, it's them (Missouri)" -Jason King

Jason King is a KU homer who cannot see the forest for the tree. He is agreeing word for word with KK, that really makes him look smart.

Pants
10-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Jason King is a KU homer who cannot see the forest for the tree. He is agreeing word for word with KK, that really makes him look smart.

He's a Baylor grad, brah.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:42 PM

Pants isn't gonna help you talk shit.

Sry bra.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM

God you're a dumbass.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM

jinx

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:44 PM

His new book is about KU basketball, and if you listened to him talk about KU, you would get that impression. I was surprised when he said he graduated from Baylor.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Still a KU homer.

kstater
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM

KU has a lot of t-shirt fans.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh crap, Jason King said that? Well shucks.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
vgregorian Vahe Gregorian
Knowledgeable source says Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas' scheduled visit to Mizzou this week postponed indefinitely #mizzou

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
His new book is about KU basketball, and if you listened to him talk about KU, you would get that impression. I was surprised when he said he graduated from Baylor.

Maybe instead of being surprised you should think before you post.

The book is hardly "pro-KU".

In fact there are many things in it apparently that Self and the rest of the administration isn't too happy about.

kstater
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
vgregorian Vahe Gregorian
Knowledgeable source says Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas' scheduled visit to Mizzou this week postponed indefinitely #mizzou

vgregorian
Expectation is that Neinas still will visit Columbia at some point

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
vgregorian

LMAO

Looks like we have a bunch of little DeArmounds around here now.

Get the fuck out already MU. You're annoying.

Pants
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I genuinely wonder what's holding MU up.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Mike DeArmond:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3mfBzUkQG5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love it. Skip to 1:00 in.

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
LMAO

Get the **** out already MU. You're annoying.

LMAO

You know you just can't quit us. Stop trying to talk tough.

eazyb81
Mike D is a stone cold pimp.

Bambi
Mike DeArmond:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3mfBzUkQG5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love it. Skip to 1:00 in.

He looks fun to hang out with.

lol

Rams Fan
LMAO

Get the **** out already MU. You're annoying.

Gregorian is the guy that is Mizzou's beat writer for the Post-Dispatch.

And how about YOU get out of here already?

Pants
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Mike D's liver is down to 10% functionality.

FYP

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
LMAO

You know you just can't quit us. Stop trying to talk tough.

The only positive thing out of MU staying at this point is use of the Sprint Center.

It's a wonderful feeling to cruise across into MO and leave with a trophy.

From that angle yes, I want Missouri to stay.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
vgregorian

Not sure how to perceive this. Is Mizzou gone, and that is why the trip in cancelled, and is Neinas trying to save a little face by saying he will visit at some point? Or does this mean Mizzou is back in the fold and there is no need for a visit?

Hope it means we are leaving.

Bambi
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Gregorian is the guy that is Mizzou's beat writer for the Post-Dispatch.

And how about YOU get out of here already?

I was simply backing up Kstater's exposing of MU fans who are constantly posting tweets that make it look as if MU is out the door and ignoring the tweets and information that indicate MU is staying.

DeArmond started out neutral on the subject now he only post things that lean towards MU leaving.

It's not journalism..

eazyb81
10-06-2011, 03:00 PM
The only positive thing out of MU staying at this point is use of the Sprint Center.

It's a wonderful feeling to cruise across into MO and leave with a trophy.

From that angle yes, I want Missouri to stay.

They give out trophies for losing the Border War game?

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 03:00 PM
LMAO

You know you just can't quit us. Stop trying to talk tough.Oh, i could ... in a heart beat. I hear people talk about traditional rivalries and keeping MU and KU together. Fuck that, there isn't any love in this love/hate rivalry.

MU can DIAF for all i care. The only reason i even remotely care whether MU stays in the Big 12 is that their t.v. markets help KU. That's a lot of trailer parks.

Rams Fan
10-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh, i could ... in a heart beat. I hear people talk about traditional rivalries and keeping MU and KU together. **** that, there isn't any love in this love/hate rivalry.

MU can DIAF for all i care. The only reason i even remotely care whether MU stays in the Big 12 is that their t.v. markets help KU. That's a lot of trailer parks.

Come at me, bro. Come at me.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I was simply backing up Kstater's exposing of MU fans who are constantly posting tweets that make it look as if MU is out the door and ignoring the tweets and information that indicate MU is staying.

DeArmond started out neutral on the subject now he only post things that lean towards MU leaving.

It's not journalism..

Kstater posted a tweet that made it look like Mizzou was leaving, then he posted one that indicated the opposite (the rescheduling of the visit by the commish).

I posted a link to a DeArmond article where he voiced no opinion either way, and went out of his way to be neutral, talking about how you have to consider the source of tweets and such when deciding the validity of a news story.

eazyb81
Oh, i could ... in a heart beat. I hear people talk about traditional rivalries and keeping MU and KU together. **** that, there isn't any love in this love/hate rivalry.

Don't sweat it, you just locked up the Fort Worth market with TCU. Cha-Ching!!!

Locking up Louisville will make the Big Ten quiver.

mnchiefsguy
Come at me, bro. Come at me.

This will be fun. Rams Fan should take out Wickedson in three, maybe four posts max.

Rams Fan
10-06-2011, 03:03 PM

TCU, BYU, Louisville, and WVU are all upgrades over Nebraska, Missouri, aTm and Colorado.

Rams Fan
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
This will be fun. Rams Fan should take out Wickedson in three, maybe four posts max.

No. I don't feel like getting into an argument.

However, there are some major douches in this thread.

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM

Locking up Louisville will make the Big Ten quiver.lol

yea, worthless addition unless it's just a step to adding more.

I hoping to hell KU is looking elsewhere ... i've seen/heard no signs of it though. Little could be asleep at the wheel for all we know. :(

Rams Fan
10-06-2011, 03:05 PM
lol

yea, worthless addition unless it's just a step to adding more.

I hoping to hell KU is looking elsewhere ... i've seen/heard no signs of it though. Little could be asleep at the wheel for all we know. :(

Per Stewie, the Big 12 is now better with BYU.

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Per Stewie, the Big 12 is now better with BYU.
i wasn't aware that BYU had committed.

BYU is a upgrade over A&M

Bambi
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Are they going or they staying?

Tim Fitzgerald, "I don't care"