PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Al Bundy
10-25-2011, 10:08 PM
No I am not basing it on that only.

Are you retarded?

Yes, he is.

|Zach|
10-25-2011, 10:10 PM
No I am not basing it on that only.

Are you retarded?

We don't play the SEC that often...but when we do it has gone well. I don't know why an apples to apples comparison is deemed completely unworthy info. Nobody is saying we are going to go into the SEC and win the title game next year...but compete? Yes, Mizzou will compete and hold its own.

Bowl game win against Arkansas
Bowl game win against South Carolina
Home and home sweep of Ol' Miss
Pinkel is 4-1 against our fellow SEC newcomers A&M

If you wanna really go back to stuff that is ancient history dating back to the 19th century Missouri is 20-8-1.

|Zach|
10-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Ahh, I see you are from the camp in opposition to Heraclitus. Very well then, sir.

Whatever camp that is in opposition to hacks wearing Kansas goggles is the one I align myself with.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Pay no attention, I've been assured there are no scheduling deadlines and it is a simple exercise of "insert Missouri here".

(sigh)

It's like some of you folks ignore every post in the thread but your own.

As has been explained already - SEC scheduling has nothing to do with this. The IIX needs 10 teams to avoid breaching its television deal and WVU can't come onboard until 2013

The IIX is keeping MU in the conference for another season, the SEC is not keeping them out.

Just keep patting yourself on the back; you'll stumble into a win one of these days.

Discuss Thrower
10-25-2011, 10:25 PM
(sigh)

As has been explained already - SEC scheduling has nothing to do with this. The IIX needs 10 teams to avoid breaching its television deal and WVU can't come onboard until 2013

The IIX is keeping MU in the conference for another season, the SEC is not keeping them out.

Just keep patting yourself on the back; you'll stumble into a win one of these days.

:banghead:

veist
10-25-2011, 10:31 PM
There are many here who have dealt with the myth of Texas players going the way of the dodo bird for Missouri. Duncan's posts explain it quite well.

There are only 3 teams that Missouri will have trouble year in and year out competing with. I know it is fun to hope that we fall in our faces but there a lot of guys playing great football on Sundays who did so by going to Mizzou. We are not strangers to big football.

At this point I doubt anyone could say anything at all to change your mind. I still say the biggest single issue you're going to face in the SEC to be competitive is that you are going to in all likelyhood be firmly entrenched in the bottom quarter or third in terms of athletics money.

HolyHandgernade
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
(sigh)

I don't believe that to be entirely accurate. Mizzou is trying to avoid the largest of exit fees in delaying, the Big XII can't "keep" someone in. MU could go tomorrow if they wanted to.

My initial statement was that scheduling is not a simple matter of "insert team here". There are deadlines for numerous things, MU does not have free reign if it wants to compete in the SEC next year.

Going below the 10 team quota COULD trigger a breach, it doesn't necessarily have to. If the networks are satisfied with the direction the conference is going, the conference could operate as a nine team league without penalty if there is a delay in bringing in a new member. Network contracts are written to the benefit of the network and they don't have to declare a breach if they don't want to.

tredadda
10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
We don't play the SEC that often...but when we do it has gone well. I don't know why an apples to apples comparison is deemed completely unworthy info. Nobody is saying we are going to go into the SEC and win the title game next year...but compete? Yes, Mizzou will compete and hold its own.

Bowl game win against Arkansas
Bowl game win against South Carolina
Home and home sweep of Ol' Miss
Pinkel is 4-1 against our fellow SEC newcomers A&M

If you wanna really go back to stuff that is ancient history dating back to the 19th century Missouri is 20-8-1.

That is why I do not understand why people think Mizzou would struggle in the SEC. Granted they will not win it for a few years as they are clearly not on the level of an Alabama or LSU, or in most years a Florida. But they are good enough to be mid to upper tier (except this year which is a down year) there. The biggest myth of the SEC is that it is tough from top to bottom. That is not the case at all. The top teams are clearly elite, but there are plenty of average to below average teams in the conference as well. As long as Missouri keeps its Texas pipeline open then they should be alright. If they lose it then it could be a few years before the rebuild it elsewhere in SEC country.

tk13
10-25-2011, 11:13 PM
ESPN was saying tonight that the Big East/MWC/C-USA were going to at least discuss creating a 28-32 team super conference. Yikes.

tredadda
10-25-2011, 11:45 PM
ESPN was saying tonight that the Big East/MWC/C-USA were going to at least discuss creating a 28-32 team super conference. Yikes.

It's the WAC all over again, except this time on 'roids. This is a sad and ultimately desperate move to try and hold on to the BE's AQ bid. I hope they don't get it. It is that AQ bid that has allowed for a crappy, unranked, and frankly undeserving UConn team to play in and ulitmately get destroyed in a BCS bowl game. It wont get any better with this uber conference. Worthy teams will miss out on BCS bowl games because they play in a tougher conference while a garbage team gets one because they play in this crap 28-32 team frankenstein conference.

DaKCMan AP
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM
The biggest myth of the SEC is that it is tough from top to bottom.

No conference is elite from top to bottom. However, the top of our conference is usually the best in the country (this year LSU destroying Oregon/WVU and Bama beating PSU) and the mid-to-bottom of our conference is usually better than the middle-to-bottom of other conferences. Hell, this year even our bottom feeders Vandy beat UConn (middle of Big East) and Ole Miss beat Fresno St (#1 in the WAC). Tennessee (towards the bottom of the SEC East) also beat Cincinnati (#1 in the Big East).

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Hey. This is a great take. You really had a good feel for this stuff after all...

I'm convinced. Let's round up the Kansas teams and go to the Big East. It just feels right.

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 07:26 AM
No conference is elite from top to bottom. However, the top of our conference is usually the best in the country (this year LSU destroying Oregon/WVU and Bama beating PSU) and the mid-to-bottom of our conference is usually better than the middle-to-bottom of other conferences. Hell, this year even our bottom feeders Vandy beat UConn (middle of Big East) and Ole Miss beat Fresno St (#1 in the WAC). Tennessee (towards the bottom of the SEC East) also beat Cincinnati (#1 in the Big East).

Tennessee is a lot better than their record. A lot people are down on Dooley, but they have been killed with injuries. It wouldn't shock me at all if they won the East next year with Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter back on the field.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Granted they will not win it for a few years

Yes. They'll win the SEC just after they win the Big 12.

DaKCMan AP
10-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Tennessee is a lot better than their record. A lot people are down on Dooley, but they have been killed with injuries. It wouldn't shock me at all if they won the East next year with Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter back on the field.

They have talent, no doubt. Florida's also had a ton of injuries and should be much better next season. I read somewhere than we have 33 underclassmen making up our 2-deep roster.

NewChief
10-26-2011, 08:09 AM
That is why I do not understand why people think Mizzou would struggle in the SEC. Granted they will not win it for a few years as they are clearly not on the level of an Alabama or LSU, or in most years a Florida. But they are good enough to be mid to upper tier (except this year which is a down year) there. The biggest myth of the SEC is that it is tough from top to bottom. That is not the case at all. The top teams are clearly elite, but there are plenty of average to below average teams in the conference as well. As long as Missouri keeps its Texas pipeline open then they should be alright. If they lose it then it could be a few years before the rebuild it elsewhere in SEC country.

I'll be curious to see how they adjust to the grueling season. The main thing I see in the SEC is the depth that is necessary to compete, because you're going to have significant injuries every year (watch the way Bama and LSU play defense if you want to see why). The better SEC teams are able to plug people in to fill those key positions (look at Arkansas at QB last year when Mallett went down and Wilson stepped in or at our receiving corps or at our runnning backs) whereas the lower tier teams crumble when they experience a few key injuries.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Don't forget Kentucky. Saul Good told us they were awesome, but South Carolina is done.

Bowser
10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Don't forget Kentucky. Saul Good told us they were awesome, but South Carolina is done.

Isn't that why the BigIIX was flirting with Kentucky, because of the pure awesome factor they bring to the table?

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Isn't that why the BigIIX was flirting with Kentucky, because of the pure awesome factor they bring to the table?

ROFL It must be, because it couldn't be their basketball prowess. That sport doesn't matter. :p

Bowser
10-26-2011, 08:16 AM
ROFL It must be, because it couldn't be their basketball prowess. That sport doesn't matter. :p

Well, duh. ;)

Saulbadguy
10-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Mizzou, in their best years in the Big XII (2005-2010) is 8-12 vs South teams. That includes 2 Big XII title game losses.

In those 6 seasons, i'd argue Mizzou really took advantage of a down Big XII North.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 08:25 AM
I'll be curious to see how they adjust to the grueling season. The main thing I see in the SEC is the depth that is necessary to compete, because you're going to have significant injuries every year (watch the way Bama and LSU play defense if you want to see why). The better SEC teams are able to plug people in to fill those key positions (look at Arkansas at QB last year when Mallett went down and Wilson stepped in or at our receiving corps or at our runnning backs) whereas the lower tier teams crumble when they experience a few key injuries.

In the skill positions we'd probably be fine. Prior to actually witnessing their performance this year, I'd have said we'd be fine along the D-line and linebackers as well (but beyond Hamilton, the D-line has been abysmal and the LBs have been invisible).

The secondary is garbage among the starters - so how much worse can the backups be? That counts as 'depth' right? The O-line evidently doesn't have a backup tackle on it, we've been playing with 4 guards on the field for most of the year, so yeah, we'll need some help there as well.

I'm trying to temper my pissivity right now. This season has just been a disappointment on every single level on the field. If you try to pin me to a prediction for next year, I'd say they win 1 game in the SEC then excoriate James Franklin some more. However, that's probably just coming from pure rage and isn't really fair to the team. They're better than they've shown this year and I suspect they'll be ready to go once they finally start the SEC slate.

Bowser
10-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Mizzou, in their best years in the Big XII (2005-2010) is 8-12 vs South teams. That includes 2 Big XII title game losses.

In those 6 seasons, i'd argue Mizzou really took advantage of a down Big XII North.

I'll blame Stoops for the majority of that. He has absolutely ahd Pinkel's number over the years. And no real defense here - Mizzou straight up hasn't been good against the South. I think they were competitive by and large, but that doesn't win you anything.

The SEC could possibly break Pinkel after a few years if he doesn't pick up his game. The whole program will need to step it up.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 08:30 AM

I could have sworn I said that Kentucky' football program has improved even as the rest of the conference got tougher as evidenced by the fact that they have been to 5 straight bowl games after going to 10 in the 60 years prior. What a stupid observation on my part.

South Carolina's season is completely fucked. They lost their QB and Heisman-candidate RB last week.

You got me.

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Mizzou will lose to LSU and Bama just like they lose to OU and TX now, and just like almost every team loses to those teams now.

Ex OU and TX (combined 1-7 if my math is correct), Mizzou is 7-5 against the remaining South teams, which have been comparable to the mid-tier SEC teams.

So hopefully win the 4 non-con games, and go 4-4 or 5-3 in the SEC. I'll take an 8-9 win season in the SEC with a nice New Year's Day bowl in Florida every year.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 08:36 AM

The Big IIX will take any warm body they can get right now as evidenced by the Loiusville and Cincy overtures. That said, I don't recall seeing anything about UK being courted. Surely Kentucky would rather be in the Big IIX. I mean, who wouldn't want to make that upgrade?

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
The Big IIX will take any warm body they can get right now as evidenced by the Loiusville and Cincy overtures. That said, I don't recall seeing anything about UK being courted. Surely Kentucky would rather be in the Big IIX. I mean, who wouldn't want to make that upgrade?

And evidenced by the West Virginia invitation after they were turned down by every other conference in the country. I'm sure they are solid on the Big 12 now though.

Bowser
10-26-2011, 08:43 AM

KSU and ISU would be natural rivals with 'tucky.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Neither Saul nor you would know a single question to ask.

Stewie, I've forgotten more about the airline industry than you've ever known.

Titty Meat
10-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Mizzou fans will get aroused by Vern Lundquist.

Bowser
10-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Stewie, I've forgotten more about the airline industry than you've ever known.

http://memeshack.com/shitjustgotreal/ShitJustGotReal_986720743.jpg

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 08:57 AM
KSU and ISU would be natural rivals with 'tucky.

Ooh, do you think they'll wanna come to the Big East with us?

Bowser
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Ooh, do you think they'll wanna come to the Big East with us?

LMAO

We can only hope.....

duncan_idaho
10-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Mizzou will lose to LSU and Bama just like they lose to OU and TX now, and just like almost every team loses to those teams now.

Ex OU and TX (combined 1-7 if my math is correct), Mizzou is 7-5 against the remaining South teams, which have been comparable to the mid-tier SEC teams.

So hopefully win the 4 non-con games, and go 4-4 or 5-3 in the SEC. I'll take an 8-9 win season in the SEC with a nice New Year's Day bowl in Florida every year.

This is basically the way I see it. In the current Big 12, a "Good" season for Missouri is going to contain 9- or 10 wins. In the SEC, a "Good" season is going to be more like 8 wins. 8 wins from the SEC is going to result in a better bowl result than 10 in the Big 12 in a lot of years.

Here's a sample schedule I've seen posted, if Missouri ends up in the SEC East, as expected.

4 non-con creampuffs
at Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
at South Carolina
at Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Texas A&M
at Arkansas

Sounds scary, based on the names, but compares pretty favorably to this season's schedule.

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 09:02 AM
West Virginia to the Big 12?

Not so fast my friend.

Appears Louisville is trying to beat them to the chapel for the Big 12's #10 spot.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=48764

There is speculation that the "bump" was a push by Louisville.
The Dominion Post’s Drew Rubenstein reports that there was a "late push" by the University of Louisville to be considered instead of WVU.
"Sources used terms like ‘volatile’ and ‘internal battle’ to describe the conference realignment with the Big 12," Rubenstein reported.
Last night, WVU called off preliminary plans for a press conference today.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Looks like we got ourselves a city vs country showdown to see who can take the second ugliest girl to the dance.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Looks like we got ourselves a city vs country showdown to see who can take the second ugliest girl to the dance.

Yup....and you couldn't even get the second ugliest girl at the dance to take her panties off and now you think you are going to get the prom queen naked.

Analogies return bitches!

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Yup....and you couldn't even get the second ugliest girl at the dance to take her panties off and now you think you are going to get the prom queen naked.

Analogies return bitches!

Whatever. The prom queen is texting us naked pictures, but the ugly girl is threatening to kill our dog if we leave.

Pants
10-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Whatever. The prom queen is texting us naked pictures, but the ugly girl is threatening to kill our dog if we leave.

Pretty sure he's talking about winning things. LOL

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 09:28 AM

Yeah, but if you ever see the prom queen and say hi to her in public, she'll act like she doesn't know you and embarrass you in front of her cool friends.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but if you ever see the prom queen and say hi to her in public, she'll act like she doesn't know you and embarrass you in front of her cool friends.

I can live with that since she still makes sure to give us our bi-weekly romp, just like the cool kids.

Saul Good

The prom queen said she'd marry us if we can get our pshcho ex-girlfriend to stop stalking us. She's got the honeymoon booked, and the invitations are in the mail. Note to pscho-ex: you used to be hot, but you really let yourself go. We're just not that into you.

Reerun_KC
This is getting beyond stupid now...

Al Bundy
10-26-2011, 09:36 AM

Somebody has been watching Can't Buy Me Love.

Bowser
10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
This is getting beyond stupid now...

Not down with either WVU or Louisville jumping on board?

doomy3
10-26-2011, 09:37 AM
West Virginia to the Big 12?

Not so fast my friend.

Appears Louisville is trying to beat them to the chapel for the Big 12's #10 spot.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=48764

Add them both, along with Cincinatti. Don't see why we need to cap at 10 teams.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Psycho-ex keeps leaving creepy voicemails telling us how much better off she is now that Larry the Cable Guy is on his way to pick her up to take her gravel-roading and finger bang her in the back of his pappy's truck bed. When that doesn't get the reaction she wants, she threatens to let the inner city black guys spit-roast her.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Not down with either WVU or Louisville jumping on board?

Was talking about all the crap everyone is talking...

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Was talking about all the crap everyone is talking...

Ballsack

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 09:42 AM

It's CRAZY Chucky's Expansion-O-Rama! Push, pull, or drag your clunker of a school in here. No reasonable offers will be refused! We've had schools flying off the lot, and we're running low on inventory. Raised pickups, lowriders, confederate flags and gunracks, or murdered black with spinners. It's all good in the Big IIX 'hood.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM

Considering the conference name...me neither.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 09:53 AM
It's CRAZY Chucky's Expansion-O-Rama! Push, pull, or drag your clunker of a school in here. No reasonable offers will be refused! We've had schools flying off the lot, and we're running low on inventory. Raised pickups, lowriders, confederate flags and gunracks, or murdered black with spinners. It's all good in the Big IIX 'hood.

I love this mentality that some of you MU guys have. LMAO

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 09:54 AM
I love this mentality that some of you MU guys have. LMAO

It's entertaining. Admit it.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2011, 09:56 AM
so who brings the biggest t.v. numbers?

Cincy
West Virginia
Louisville

also there were rumors awhile back that Arkansas is not very happy in the SEC. Would they be a good market to add? At this point, would they even consider leaving the SEC?

duncan_idaho
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
also there were rumors awhile back that Arkansas is not very happy in the SEC. Would they be a good market to add? At this point, would they even consider leaving the SEC?

The only people who think Arkansas would be interested in joining the Big 12 are Kevin Kietzman and Wickedson.

That should tell you everything you need to know about the veracity of such rumors.

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Cincy
West Virginia
Louisville

Yeah I can't see any reason why Arkansas wouldn't want to leave the SEC for the Big 12. I wonder why no one else has thought of that.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Cincy
West Virginia
Louisville

West Virginia has the most tv sets, but half of them are non-working sets that sit beneath working ones.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah I can't see any reason why Arkansas wouldn't want to leave the SEC for the Big 12. I wonder why no one else has thought of that.

Why doesn't the Big IIX just add USC, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, Florida, and Alabama?

Reerun_KC
10-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Why doesn't the Big IIX just add USC, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, Florida, and Alabama?

They asked, but since the tradition of Missouri is leaving. They all feel that its too much of a risk.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 10:24 AM
This one might of been posted already - I just saw it and I'm not going back through the thread.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/37357/3-point-shots-mizzou-tourney-no-lock

3-point shots: Mizzou tourney no lock

By Andy Katz

1. Missouri’s promise of putting on a college basketball tournament in December in Kansas City if it were to leave for the SEC won’t be such an easy outcome. Team-oriented invitational tournaments are dying in the sport. Few power-six schools play in these non-exempt two-game tournaments anymore. According to a tournament organizer, Missouri’s best option would be to play a semi-neutral series at the Sprint Center, like facing Gonzaga in year one and then playing the Zags in Seattle in year two. Play Connecticut in Boston in year one and UConn in KC in year two. Most non-elite tournaments have shut down because of the difficulty of scheduling these games.

2. The Big 12 tournament is in Kansas City in 2012, 2013 and 2014, rounding out the five-year run at the Sprint Center that began with the 2010 tournament. But any fear that attendance could drop significantly without Mizzou in possibly 2013 and 2014 shouldn’t be an issue for the league. Kansas City is a Kansas and Kansas State city first, as evidenced by the crowd at the championship game in 2010. I was there. I saw. The atmosphere was terrific for the two Kansas schools. Losing Mizzou takes away one of the local schools, but if other schools like Iowa State or Oklahoma State – two conference schools in hoops that have the potential to draw well – continue on an upward trajectory, the loss of Mizzou can be muted. And as long as Kansas and Kansas State are playing well, attendance won’t be an issue. If this tourney was in St. Louis, that could be a different matter. But it’s not.

NewChief

Cincy
West Virginia
Louisville

Yeah. We hate it in the SEC. :spock:

Mr. Plow
This one might of been posted already - I just saw it and I'm not going back through the thread.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/37357/3-point-shots-mizzou-tourney-no-lock

By Andy Katz

1. Missouri’s promise of putting on a college basketball tournament in December in Kansas City if it were to leave for the SEC won’t be such an easy outcome. Team-oriented invitational tournaments are dying in the sport. Few power-six schools play in these non-exempt two-game tournaments anymore. According to a tournament organizer, Missouri’s best option would be to play a semi-neutral series at the Sprint Center, like facing Gonzaga in year one and then playing the Zags in Seattle in year two. Play Connecticut in Boston in year one and UConn in KC in year two. Most non-elite tournaments have shut down because of the difficulty of scheduling these games.

2. The Big 12 tournament is in Kansas City in 2012, 2013 and 2014, rounding out the five-year run at the Sprint Center that began with the 2010 tournament. But any fear that attendance could drop significantly without Mizzou in possibly 2013 and 2014 shouldn’t be an issue for the league. Kansas City is a Kansas and Kansas State city first, as evidenced by the crowd at the championship game in 2010. I was there. I saw. The atmosphere was terrific for the two Kansas schools. Losing Mizzou takes away one of the local schools, but if other schools like Iowa State or Oklahoma State – two conference schools in hoops that have the potential to draw well – continue on an upward trajectory, the loss of Mizzou can be muted. And as long as Kansas and Kansas State are playing well, attendance won’t be an issue. If this tourney was in St. Louis, that could be a different matter. But it’s not.

|Zach|
10-26-2011, 10:30 AM

ROFL

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah. We hate it in the SEC. :spock:

It doesn't matter how stupid the Big Leftover fans statements are, they just keep firing. Its like the bad guy who bounces 6 bullets off Superman's chest and then throws the empty gun at him.

Its not working guys, but keep throwing your guns.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
It doesn't matter how stupid the Big Leftover fans statements are, they just keep firing. Its like the bad guy who bounces 6 bullets off Superman's chest and then throws the empty gun at him.

Its not working guys, but keep throwing your guns.

Its not the Big leftover conference Muron...

Its the Titanic 12 lead by Iraqs Defense Minister..

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2RD8xxK-JJc/TXbzPhI7zzI/AAAAAAAAPDA/NsO8qCSfACc/Iraqi%252520Information%252520Minister.jpg

notorious
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
It's entertaining. Admit it.

Not really coming from a fan that talks down on a conference in which his team did absolutely nothing worth noting.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Not really coming from a fan that talks down on a conference in which his team did absolutely nothing worth noting.

Seriously though, they'll be a dominate team in the SEC....I swear. The last 5 minus this year prove it.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 10:52 AM

Its great how the conference screws MU out of a BCS game and then says "who cares if MU leaves, they couldn't even make a BCS game". Deuces, bitch. Enjoy the leftovers.

Frazod
10-26-2011, 10:54 AM
This thread makes baby Jesus cry. :facepalm:

For every snippet of actual news, 100 posts of oneupsmanship douchbaggery. Even I can't fucking stand it any more.

I'd start an new one, but what would be the point?

Reerun_KC
10-26-2011, 10:55 AM

For every snippet of actual news, 100 posts of oneupsmanship douchbaggery. Even I can't ****ing stand it any more.

Its frustrating to say the least.

notorious

For every snippet of actual news, 100 posts of oneupsmanship douchbaggery. Even I can't ****ing stand it any more.

This.

Both sides are being douches.

I'm out.

Good Luck Mizzou. God Love Ya.

Mr. Plow

For every snippet of actual news, 100 posts of oneupsmanship douchbaggery. Even I can't fucking stand it any more.

Bullshit, there are 2 snippets of actual news per 100 posts of oneupsmanship douchbaggery.

Bambi
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
People still say deuces? lol

notorious
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Its great how the conference screws MU out of a BCS game and then says "who cares if MU leaves, they couldn't even make a BCS game". Deuces, bitch. Enjoy the leftovers.

God Damnit, I am still waiting on you to note anything that will be remembered by anyone other then Mizzou fans.

Ok, now I'm out.
:D

kchero
10-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Its not the Big leftover conference Muron...

Its the Titanic 12 lead by Iraqs Defense Minister..

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2RD8xxK-JJc/TXbzPhI7zzI/AAAAAAAAPDA/NsO8qCSfACc/Iraqi%252520Information%252520Minister.jpg

ROFL

Reerun_KC
10-26-2011, 10:59 AM
God Damnit, I am still waiting on you to note anything that will be remembered by anyone other then Mizzou fans.

Ok, now I'm out.

:shrug:

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Ok, now I'm out.

You'll remember this when your team is in a non AQ conference where they belong. You can thank Mizzou then because you may finally be able to win a conference game.

Bearcat
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM

I've read it about 10 times in this thread in the past week or two, and haven't heard/read it anywhere else lately... :shrug:

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I've read it about 10 times in this thread in the past week or two, and haven't heard/read it anywhere else lately... :shrug:

Its kind of become a meme within this thread, you butthurt ballsacks.

notorious
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
You'll remember this when your team is in a non AQ conference where they belong. You can thank Mizzou then because you may finally be able to win a conference game.

My team is doing just fine, thank you very much. They have a nice winning streak going.

Still waiting........

Bambi
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM

it was internet slang from like 5 years ago saying like "fuck you, i'm out"

Its funny that people are saying it here. I can't figure out if they are being serious

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Just caught a quick statement from Chuck Neinas:

"Mizzou should stay in the Big XII because of tradition, loyalty, rivalries, academics, and geography. Nothing is more important to a good conference than that. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to meet with Louisville, BYU, and West Virginia about adding them to the conference."

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Just caught a quick statement from Chuck Neinas:

"Mizzou should stay in the Big XII because of tradition, loyalty, rivalries, academics, and geography. Nothing is more important to a good conference than that. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to meet with Louisville, BYU, and West Virginia about adding them to the conference."

notorious
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Saul Good, why are you bashing on the Big 12 so much?

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Petro has just obliterated KK's position today. It has been very impressive. Him and the beaker Harlan were even mocking the planted caller from Mississippi yesterday.

mnchiefsguy
10-26-2011, 11:48 AM

By Andy Katz

If Andy Katz thinks KC is more of a KSU town than a Mizzou town....that is just a stupid statement. Basing that opinion on one game at the Sprint Center is equally short sighted.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 11:51 AM
If Andy Katz thinks KC is more of a KSU town than a Mizzou town....that is just a stupid statement. Basing that opinion on one game at the Sprint Center is equally short sighted.

I think the point that he is trying to make is that MU isn't much of a loss to the Big 12 basketball tournament fanwise...meaning it will still fill up with or without MU.

Bambi
10-26-2011, 11:52 AM

The Big 12 tournament attendance won't be affected in the slightest with MU leaving.

Especially with the prospect of Pitino coming in.

That is his point. imho

RustShack
10-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey Rust...

.....is next year gonna be the year Iowa St. brings it? I look forward to your annual saber rattling.

This is the best team talent wise they have had in years. It's just too bad that they don't have a cupcake schedule like a let's say Iowa to reflect it.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Saul Good, why are you bashing on the Big 12 so much?

Because they're holding Mizzou hostage. Let us go on our way, and I'll pull for the Big IIX to succeed.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Because they're holding Mizzou hostage. Let us go on our way, and I'll pull for the Big IIX to succeed.

As I remember, you guys were gloating about how you were holding the Big 12 hostage just a few days ago.

Really though, all MU has to do is say "We are leaving the Big 12".

mnchiefsguy
10-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I think the point that he is trying to make is that MU isn't much of a loss to the Big 12 basketball tournament fanwise...meaning it will still fill up with or without MU.

That may be his point, but her articulated it very poorly and did not back his point up with pertinent facts.

I hope attendance for the tourney stays at a high level. That is the only chance KC has to keep it is to continue to sell the place out and provide a great atmosphere for the tourney.

evenfall
10-26-2011, 11:59 AM

ROFL

Pants
10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
As I remember, you guys were gloating about how you were holding the Big 12 hostage just a few days ago.

Really though, all MU has to do is say "We are leaving the Big 12".

And pay us the fees. I think Saul is confused about the definition of that word. He seems to think it's synonymous with ransom, but it's not.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 12:00 PM

just MU fans apparently.

cool beans, bro.

Bambi
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Missouri isn't being "held hostage". They are being told that their agreements must be honored like any other organization or person that enters into a contract with another.

Can that be negotiated out? Most likely.

We live in a society with agreements that bind factions together for a million different reasons.

You can't just up and decide that "I'm done with this and move on."

please

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 12:06 PM
The Big 12 tournament attendance won't be affected in the slightest with MU leaving.

Especially with the prospect of Pitino coming in.

That is his point. imho

So the Sprint Center will be filled for a tournament that isn't played there? I mean, Mizzou doesn't even matter. Us leaving only means the Big XII tourney moves, WU and Louisville battle for entrance, the Big East collapses...

duncan_idaho
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
In a piece of actual news...

The LHN isn't on life support yet, but things look bad (http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/october/the-longhorn-network-is-headed-towards-a-disastrous-rookie-campaign.html).

Anyone want to take bets on how long Texas sticks around if/when the LHN fails?

Dangerous spot for ISU, KU, KSU, etc. If the LHN is a roaring success, Texas has the ammo to pull a ND and go independent for football only. If the LHN is a huge failure, ESPN and UT fold up shop, and UT has nothing to keep it from being an attractive partner for the PAC or B1G.

I feel like Wildcats, Jayhawks, Cyclones and Bears should be rooting for the LHN to be a break-even type deal for Texas.

notorious
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM

I agree, it would be better for both of them.

The Big 12 doesn't want Mizzou around to remind everyone that they are leaving, and Mizzou wants to move on.

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Petro has just obliterated KK's position today. It has been very impressive. Him and the beaker Harlan were even mocking the planted caller from Mississippi yesterday.

Did it drive you nuts that college football insider Todd Christensen kept referring to "the two primary sports"?

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Missouri isn't being "held hostage". They are being told that their agreements must be honored like any other organization or person that enters into a contract with another.

Can that be negotiated out? Most likely.

We live in a society with agreements that bind factions together for a million different reasons.

You can't just up and decide that "I'm done with this and move on."

please

Missouri signed an agreement to be in a 12 team conference that included Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. The conference has not delivered, and Missouri wants out.

Pants
10-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Missouri signed an agreement to be in a 12 team conference that included Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. The conference has not delivered, and Missouri wants out.

You got that contract handy?

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 12:15 PM

And then Missouri reaffirmed it's membership in the conference after NU and CU left, happily taking it's portion of the exit fees.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:18 PM
And then Missouri reaffirmed it's membership in the conference after NU and CU left, happily taking it's portion of the exit fees.

Again - this didn't actually happen. The meetings after Colorado and Nebraska left led to a lot of non-binding crap and hippy handholding sessions where everyone said they'd agree to get along in the future and explore things as necessary.

In fact, my understanding is that the exit fees haven't been paid yet, either.

There is no new 'membership' contract. The by-laws remain the same. The potential fees and arguments w/ them remain the same.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:19 PM
In a piece of actual news...

The LHN isn't on life support yet, but things look bad (http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/october/the-longhorn-network-is-headed-towards-a-disastrous-rookie-campaign.html).

Anyone want to take bets on how long Texas sticks around if/when the LHN fails?

Dangerous spot for ISU, KU, KSU, etc. If the LHN is a roaring success, Texas has the ammo to pull a ND and go independent for everything except football. If the LHN is a huge failure, ESPN and UT fold up shop, and UT has nothing to keep it from being an attractive partner for the PAC or B1G.

I feel like Wildcats, Jayhawks, Cyclones and Bears should be rooting for the LHN to be a break-even type deal for Texas.

No doubt. The LHN needs to just keep limping along for the next decade and then maybe the IIX will stabilize.

If it takes off or implodes, the IIX will collapse behind it for the reasons you've suggested.

Again - it's just not a good place to be unless your alternative is the Big East.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 12:22 PM

That would be an excellent point if any part of it were true.

ferrarispider95
10-26-2011, 12:25 PM

It reaffirmed it is affiliation after Colorado and Nebraska moved out. Your only gripe is A&M.

I wanted Missouri to stay because of traditional rivalries and geography, but I have moved past that point. IMHO Louisville is an excellent replacement.

The holdup between the Big 12 and Missouri is next years schedule. Our tv contract stipulates a ten team league as well the scheduling difficulties to add another game for the 2012 season.

As soon as those issues are resolved, I am sure Mizzou will be on to the SEC and the big 12 will ad a Louisville, BYU, or WVU. My preference is in that order.

But, don't act like the big 12 is holding you hostage. If there was so much resentment, you should have bolted last year. Except, you didn't have a landing spot with the big 10 and you are not strong enough pull to go to the SEC by yourself, you needed A&M which forced the SEC to get to 14 teams.

I am honest with my prospects on KU and KSU, if this thing blew up, KU had a small chance at the PAC, but more realistically both would have headed to the big east. I am happy the big 12 is still around and looking to add more teams.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 12:27 PM

ROFL

Just keep tooting that horn....maybe someone, somewhere will believe you that will be the reason you'll get out of exit fees.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 12:27 PM
West Virginia has the most tv sets, but half of them are non-working sets that sit beneath working ones.

This is so funny coming from a Mizzou fan, the irony.

Didn't Eazyb1 document that Mizzou had won the most confederate flags per capita award just last week?

Bambi
10-26-2011, 12:28 PM

Your intelligence level keeps falling in this thread.

You should stop.

Or like MU..... leave like a bitch.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Seriously though, they'll be a dominate team in the SEC....I swear. The last 5 minus this year prove it.

They are going to be really good once they get some money from them southern boys, and steal all their recruits.

ferrarispider95
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Honest question to Mizzou fans, do you have an invite if A&M doesn't leave the big 12?

Lets just say, you wanted to be the catalyst after hearing Texas flirt with the Pac and A&M was content following Texas, but they both decided to stay in the big 12, so no race to get to 16.

ferrarispider95
Honest question to Mizzou fans, do you have an invite if A&M doesn't leave the big 12?

Lets just say, you wanted to be the catalyst after hearing Texas flirt with the Pac and A&M was content following Texas, but they both decided to stay in the big 12, so no race to get to 16.

Mr. Plow
They are going to be really good once they get some money from them southern boys, and steal all their recruits.

http://madeinhead.org/anism/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/booyah.jpg

Saul Good
ROFL

Just keep tooting that horn....maybe someone, somewhere will believe you that will be the reason you'll get out of exit fees.

You want to place a wager on what the exit fees will be? I'll take under $10,000,000. You can have the over.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
You want to place a wager on what the exit fees will be? I'll take under $10,000,000. You can have the over.

lol. I've been saying $6-$12 million since the beginning....you've been saying $3 million. ROFL

I see you've changed your opinion.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Your intelligence level keeps falling in this thread.

Not everyone has the unfortunate advantage you do - entering every thread at absolute zero.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:35 PM

The article posted earlier indicated that yes, Mizzou had discussions w/ Slive regarding admission to the SEC when it appeared that the XII was going to dissolve and A&M was going to the PAC.

So yeah, MU would've been attractive to the SEC even without A&M as this was the exact contingency that was initially discussed.

MU would probably not have been enough to get the SEC to expand to 13 without the PAC expanding, but ultimately I don't really care.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
You got that contract handy?

He has said it so many times in this thread, it is now validated as gospel.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 12:37 PM
lol. I've been saying $6-$12 million since the beginning....you've been saying $3 million. ROFL

I see you've changed your opinion.

So $9,000,000 is the middle of your range. I'll take the under.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:37 PM
He has said it so many times in this thread, it is now validated as gospel.

Likewise.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 12:38 PM

Ok, then I'll take the Over $3,000,000. We both win! Yay for us!

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:38 PM

With or without a 2012 exit?

I'm thinking $8 million if they start SEC play in 2012. Around $2 million if they start in 2013.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Again - this didn't actually happen. The meetings after Colorado and Nebraska left led to a lot of non-binding crap and hippy handholding sessions where everyone said they'd agree to get along in the future and explore things as necessary.

In fact, my understanding is that the exit fees haven't been paid yet, either.

There is no new 'membership' contract. The by-laws remain the same. The potential fees and arguments w/ them remain the same.

Exit fees aren't "paid", they are withheld from media payments.

MU attended these "hippy handholding" sessions and by all accounts made no stink or move then about the membership changing, so you don't have any basis for using that as an excuse.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 12:40 PM
With or without a 2012 exit?

I'm thinking $8 million if they start SEC play in 2012. Around $2 million if they start in 2013.

At least I, when I originally commented $6-$12 million, was referring to an exit next year.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Exit fees aren't "paid", they are withheld from media payments.

MU attended these "hippy handholding" sessions and by all accounts made no stink or move then about the membership changing, so you don't have any basis for using that as an excuse.

Except that there were no actual binding results from said sandbox sessions.

You're the one citing reaffirmations (a legal term of art, by the way) and/or written contracts/novations that simply do not exist.

They can show up to as many of those meetings as they want and sing kumbayah all day - it doesn't mean shit when they start talking exit fees.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 12:44 PM
That would be an excellent point if any part of it were true.

so you've been held hostage like Elizabeth Smart for the last 2 years? got it.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Except that there were no actual binding results from said sandbox sessions.

You're the one citing reaffirmations (a legal term of art, by the way) and/or written contracts/novations that simply do not exist.

They can show up to as many of those meetings as they want and sing kumbayah all day - it doesn't mean shit when they start talking exit fees.

ah, so only what's on paper counts?

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Uh...yes, actually.

This is not a contract of indefinite duration (it would have had a sunset date) and it would have taken more than 1 year to complete (they're not going to sign a 1 year 'reaffirmation'). As such, it is subject to the Statute of Frauds and must be in writing to be enforceable.

And that's still if there were even legitimate contact terms discussed, not just 'agreements to agree' as has been universally reported.

There are some theoretical estoppel arguments that could be raised, but those wouldn't activate any liquidated damages provisions, would require actual damages, and would be virtually impossible to establish/prove up.

Sweetheart - you're out of your league here.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Uh...yes, actually.

This is not a contract of indefinite duration (it would have had a sunset date) and it would have taken more than 1 year to complete (they're not going to sign a 1 year 'reaffirmation'). As such, it is subject to the Statute of Frauds and must be in writing to be enforceable.

And that's still if there were even legitimate contact terms discussed, not just 'agreements to agree' as has been universally reported.

There are some theoretical estoppel arguments that could be raised, but those wouldn't activate any liquidated damages provisions, would require actual damages, and would be virtually impossible to establish/prove up.

Sweetheart - you're out of your league here.

and what's on paper points to about $25 million in fees, right?

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM

An oral contract is a contract (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract) the terms of which have been agreed by spoken communication, in contrast to a written contract, where the contract is a written document. There may be written, or other physical evidence, of an oral contract – for example where the parties write down what they have agreed – but the contract itself is not a written one

Is an Oral Contract as Good as a Written Contract?

An Oral Contract is as legally binding as a Written Contract, the issue with an Oral Contract is in proving its existence. To begin, the existence of a Written Contract is fairly obvious, either there is a writing or there isn’t. An oral contract, by definition, does not have a writing to support its terms, conditions or even existence. So how can we prove that it exists? One way is to use witness testimony. If A and B enter into an oral agreement, and C and D are present at the time the oral contract is made, C and D can be used to prove the existence of the oral contract. Their testimony that they heard the terms of the agreement will be sufficient to prove the existence of an Oral Contract.

Pants
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Plow loves giving oral contracts.

Saulbadguy
This thread is about to be swept up by an AIDS Tsunami.

|Zach|
A&M President...

http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/membership/12th-man-magazine/featured-article.aspx

The early June meeting of the Big 12 board in Kansas City, (Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe) had all the presidents, chancellors and all the athletic directors in one room. There were 24 of us there, plus Beebe and a few of his staff. Beebe polled the board and said he wanted us to declare whether we were committed to the Big 12 or not.

Three schools didn’t commit at that point, and the answer I gave was different from everyone else’s. I said that A&M was committed to the Big 12 as it is today. I chose those words very carefully. Since then, I have been accused of being a liar because I committed based on a 12-team conference as it was structured in June 2010. I said my words very carefully because I was not going to set myself into a situation where the conference was radically changed and we would be committed to being in a conference we didn’t really want to be a part of.

Saulbadguy

HIGH FIVE

Mr. Plow

You're girlfriend enjoys them.

|Zach|
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
No large entity will get nailed by an oral contract.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM

This has already been discussed. Several times, in fact. The contract is governed by by-laws which are poorly written and arguably unenforceable. If there is a legal challenge, there's a good chance that the liquidated damages provision doesn't stand up at all. I've already explained why, but as I've noted, I'm pretty sure some of you don't read any posts that you don't write.

An Oral Contract is as legally binding as a Written Contract, the issue with an Oral Contract is in proving its existence.

Well shit, if Wikipedia says so....

(Yeah - that's not accurate. Not even a little bit)

Saulbadguy
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Except your mom.

ZING

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Well shit, if Wikipedia says so....

(Yeah - that's not accurate. Not even a little bit)

Wasn't Wikipedia. Some random blog. Boom!

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 12:58 PM

Because virtually every contract a large entity enters into would be subject to the SOF (by the mere nature of the needs of a massive legal entity).

Additionally, as there was an existing contract in place (which was never put into Breach by MU or any other of the remaining members), you're really talking about a novation here, which would absolutely require a writing to be enforceable.

This argument is really really dumb. Then again, that appears to be the sole purview of Mikey at this point, so I shouldn't be too terribly surprised.

DJ's left nut
Wasn't Wikipedia. Some random blog. Boom!

I am shamed.

mikeyis4dcats.
I know about contracts, I do write contracts routinely. I am not a lawyer.

But you can't argue both ways, you either go for the strict interpretation or you go for the "intent". MU wants it both ways.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 01:00 PM
I am shamed.

Are you trying to tell me that random blogs are not 100% accurate?

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 01:02 PM

No. Its pretty clear you are completely unfamiliar with the bylaws.

Http://big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/handbook/bylaws.pdf

Pay special attention to 1.2.2 and 3.3 before acknowledging that I'm correct.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
I know about contracts, I do write contracts routinely. I am not a lawyer.

But you can't argue both ways, you either go for the strict interpretation or you go for the "intent". MU wants it both ways.

For someone that knows all about contracts, you sure don't seem to know when/how they can be enforced. You should probably brush up on that before you write another one - it's kinda important.

MU can absolutely argue that it is governed by the letter of the contract it actually signed (i.e. its previous membership agreement and the by-laws it operated under at that time).

It can then argue that the ambiguity contained in said agreement makes it clear that they are subject to little to no exit fees. They can argue that the liquidated damages provision is punitive in nature and therefore unenforceable. They can argue all kinds of neat shit that would call the enforceability of the fees into question and greatly diminish the actual value of the cause of action.

Hence - they will settle at around $8 million because that's probably the 'true' value of the suit.

Again - I've already gone over this. Please try to pay attention with the rest of the class.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Are you trying to tell me that random blogs are not 100% accurate?

It's not outside the realm of possibility.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM
It's not outside the realm of possibility.

Damnit.....I need to tell my wife not to do that heart surgery.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Damnit.....I need to tell my wife not to do that heart surgery.

I think I read somewhere that you're supposed to put the butter-knife between the 3rd and 4th ribs before twisting.

If that's not what your blog says, I probably wouldn't trust it.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok, then I'll take the Over $3,000,000. We both win! Yay for us!

I've been pretty consistent in predicting $3-6 million. If you think I've said otherwise, link it.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
I've been pretty consistent in predicting $3-6 million. If you think I've said otherwise, link it.

I've never said you thought anything other than $3 million, which I've said was way to low and that you'll end up in the $6-$12 million range.

I'll link you to the $3 million, you link me to where you said up to $6 million. I've missed it if you did.

Nebraska paid around $6,000,000. Now that the conference is a shell of what it was when we signed our contract, I'd guess Mizzou gets stuck for around $3,000,000. Your share would be in the $250,000 range. Don't spend it all in one place.

Bambi
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
KK saying the SEC is in trouble.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Which is stupid...

Nothing is wrong with the SEC....

Mr. Plow
10-26-2011, 01:27 PM

I've not listened to one word he has said, but man, from what you guys type he sounds like he is just throwing shit at the wall and HOPING that something sticks.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM

And like I said - everytime KK says anything with regards to the SEC or Missouri, he exposes just how biased he is.

He's an absolute hatchet man on this thing.

He's just trying to position himself as the shining light for KU and K-State fans at this point. It can't be that he truly believes what he's saying here because it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
We were talking about KK and Petro on Powermizzou today, and KK made an appearance and posted in it. Didn't say anything noteworthy, but I thought it was kind of funny. Those local sports guys read all this shit.

epitome1170
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
And like I said - everytime KK says anything with regards to the SEC or Missouri, he exposes just how biased he is.

He's just trying to position himself as the shining light for KU and K-State fans at this point. It can't be that he truly believes what he's saying here because it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

He alienated Nebraska fans last year apparently and now from what I am reading he is doing the same to MU fans... doesn't seem like a great business stratedgy to me.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
This thread is about to be swept up by an AIDS Tsunami.
It comes from having too much contact with people from Mizzery.

Everyone knows that state is full of 2 things: Meth and Aids

mnchiefsguy
10-26-2011, 01:34 PM

How could the SEC possibly be in trouble? What factors did he cite in his ludicrous claim?

Bambi
10-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Jack Harry comes on in twenty minutes.

I hope he mentions how the SEC ratings are down and that there isn't the big TV contract coming like everyone thought...

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Jack Harry comes on in twenty minutes.

I hope he mentions how the SEC ratings are down and that there isn't the big TV contract coming like everyone thought...

No, he said "how do they know there will be an increase when the new television contract is negotiated?"

Y'know what, Kev? I'll take my chances.

His sole form of 'analysis' at this point is rampant, biased, speculation. He's a moron.

|Zach|
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
It comes from having too much contact with people from Mizzery.

Everyone knows that state is full of 2 things: Meth and Aids

Your biggest population center is our suburb.

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
How could the SEC possibly be in trouble? What factors did he cite in his ludicrous claim?

- People are getting too hot and moving back North

- SEC football is too fast and blurs TV screens which is hurting ratings

- NCAA could ban the SEC from competing in BCS games because it is unfair competition

- Mass poisoning of grits

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM

Topeka is a mecca for the upper-crust; didn't you know that? Wichita is a thriving central hub of culture, class and sophistication.

Pants
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM

No doubt. JoCo is where it's at. You want good schools, manicured neighborhoods and nice roads, you go live on the Kansas side. :D

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Hilarious and absolutely true.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM

If Canada is America's hat, Kansas is Missouri's jock strap.

|Zach|
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Beige homes and Panera breads as far as the eye can see...

Truly the American dream.

Pants
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
If Canada is America's hat, Kansas is Missouri's jock strap.

So you live in Missouri?

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Wichita?

Pants
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Beige homes and Panera breads as far as the eye can see...

Truly the American dream.

As far as raising a family goes, it pretty much is. The nice thing is that we can go to MO for entertainment without actually having to live there.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
nobody answered my question.....what will Big 12 members do for walnut bowls when Mizzou leaves?

Pants
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
For some reason, I thought that Saul Good was an Overland Park resident. I must have been wrong.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Topeka is a mecca for the upper-crust; didn't you know that? Wichita is a thriving central hub of culture, class and sophistication.

Wichita is 2 1/2 times the population of KCK.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:56 PM
nobody answered my question.....what will Big 12 members do for walnut bowls when Mizzou leaves?

That's the last thing you fellas should concern yourself over.

Where the hell will you guys get truckstop porn?

(Though I'm not sure where the Mizzou folks will go to get blowjobs at strip clubs once Topeka is no longer relevant...)

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Wichita is 2 1/2 times the population of KCK.

Fantastic.

I'd still rather live in New Jersey.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 01:57 PM

(Though I'm not sure where the Mizzou folks will go to get blowjobs at strip clubs once Topeka is no longer relevant...)

They don't do that in the 11,829 porn shops on I-70 and I-44 in MO?

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Fantastic.

I'd still rather live in New Jersey.

Really, seriously? I know you kid. You can't pump your own gas in NJ!

Saulbadguy
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
JoCo is hell on Earth.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM

Nope - those are do it yourself places. So I guess you must pump your own gas in Missouri...

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 02:06 PM
So you live in Missouri?

No. I live in JoCo, but I don't pretend that its something that its not. Its a suburb of KCMO. If Missouri was some shithole, I wouldn't live in its shadow.

NewChief
10-26-2011, 02:11 PM

My wife and I were talking about those places on our last trip to St. Louis. With the advent of the internet, I can't help but wonder how these places stay in business? Are they really covers for some other kind of activity (massages with happy endings? strip shows? gay hookups?), or are they truly just porn shops? If it's the latter, I don't understand how they're actually proliferating in the days of free internet porn.

Pants
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
No. I live in JoCo, but I don't pretend that its something that its not. Its a suburb of KCMO. If Missouri was some shithole, I wouldn't live in its shadow.

LOL

duncan_idaho
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
My wife and I were talking about those places on our last trip to St. Louis. With the advent of the internet, I can't help but wonder how these places stay in business? Are they really covers for some other kind of activity (massages with happy endings? strip shows? gay hookups?), or are they truly just porn shops? If it's the latter, I don't understand how they're actually proliferating in the days of free internet porn.

They survive because 90 percent of their business comes from truckers (ever noticed they're usually right on top of a rest stop?). I would imagine that as more truckers get mobile devices (phones, iPads, etc) capable of streaming free poon, those places will start to go out of business.

The I-70 and I-44 corridors through Missouri are the most traveled highways in the country as far as semi traffic.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2011, 02:16 PM

we have internet porn in Kansas.

NewChief
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
They survive because 90 percent of their business comes from truckers (ever noticed they're usually right on top of a rest stop?). I would imagine that as more truckers get mobile devices (phones, iPads, etc) capable of streaming free poon, those places will start to go out of business.

The I-70 and I-44 corridors through Missouri are the most traveled highways in the country as far as semi traffic.

So are the truckers just stopping in to buy porn mags? Or are there other "services" and "goods" being offered?

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM

You guys hooked to a different set of tubes over there?

All our internet has is football and televangelists. Ever try to jerk it to Joel Olsteen? It's not easy.

Weird.

Bambi
10-26-2011, 02:18 PM

Yep, the bigger the population the better.

This is obvious.

Titty Meat
10-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Missouri is too busy trying to become a vacation state while Kansas poaches all of its jobs.

beer bacon
10-26-2011, 02:20 PM
So are the truckers just stopping in to buy porn mags? Or are there other "services" and "goods" being offered?

You're really curious about this, eh?

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM

In Missouri, you will soon be able to download internet porn at SEC speed.

NewChief
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
You're really curious about this, eh?

When you're driving I-44, there's not much else to think about. It's just weird.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
When you're driving I-44, there's not much else to think about. It's just weird.

Are there really that many shops? It seems like there are only a couple, but they have billboards for hundreds of miles advertising them. I remember seeing signs for some adult "superstore" for literally over 100 miles and thinking it was really going to be some huge place. When I drove by, it was just a little building that looked like a shed.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 02:30 PM

I am with you on that, and just assumed they provided "happy endings."

Maybe it is just me, but I can't imagine explaining to adolescent children during a trip to Grandmas, what those places are. :shrug:

An occasional one you could just look the other way and ignore, but wow, those things are as thick as Mc Donalds.

Truck traffic?

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 02:36 PM

Please don't forget the fireworks, walnut bowls and caverns. The Mrs. and I really do plan on stopping at one of those caverns one of these days.

We never stopped at the worlds deepest hand dug well in Greensburg, so we hope to learn from that lesson.

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Are there really that many shops? It seems like there are only a couple, but they have billboards for hundreds of miles advertising them. I remember seeing signs for some adult "superstore" for literally over 100 miles and thinking it was really going to be some huge place. When I drove by, it was just a little building that looked like a shed.

I will try and get an accurate count for you Thanksgiving weekend, as we head to Tablerock.
It will be between St. Louis and Springfield. I am going with over 10. :D

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I will try and get an accurate count for you Thanksgiving weekend, as we head to Tablerock.
It will be between St. Louis and Springfield. I am going with over 10. :D

I love tablerock. Have some friends with a badass houseboat there. Little cold in November, though.

dirk digler
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Oklahoma wants Louisville
Texas wants WV

Politicians are now involved with Senator Mitch McConnell (R) calling in a favor to get Louisville in the Big12.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Texas wants WV

Politicians are now involved with Senator Mitch McConnell (R) calling in a favor to get Louisville in the Big12.

WTF .... just get both.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Texas wants WV

Yeah - MU is foolish to leave these guys...

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Texas wants WV

That worked out pretty well for the Big IIX last time.

DeezNutz
10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Texas wants WV

LMAO. You're kidding, right?

The hypocrisy of how people were talking about the Big East/schools like TCU before it became a reality of adding them is amazing.

And now this? No way.

dirk digler
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah - MU is foolish to leave these guys...

Yep. Jack Harry brought up a good point what does KU and KSU want or is it just all about Texas and Oklahoma?

eazyb81
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
ClayTravisBGID Clay Travis

Big 12 trying to add Big East school is like two drunkest people at bar trying to hook up. It's never pretty.

LMAO

dirk digler
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
McConnell keeps eye on ball (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1011/McConnell_keeps_eye_on_ball.html?showall)

From the Times sports pages (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/sports/ncaafootball/big-12-may-admit-louisville-not-west-virginia.html?_r=1&ref=ncaafootball):
A late push by Louisville has put political pressure on the Big 12 athletic conference and opened the possibility of Louisville being the university that is admitted instead of West Virginia. Two people with direct knowledge of the situation said lobbying by Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) including of David Boren, the president of the University of Oklahoma and a former senator, helped slow West Virginia’s admittance to the Big 12.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Yep. Jack Harry brought up a good point what does KU and KSU want or is it just all about Texas and Oklahoma?

Do you have to ask?

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM
KU and KSU want whatever they're told to want. In this case, its like little kids watching mom and dad fight.

dirk digler
10-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Do you have to ask?

I don't.

Titty Meat
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Mizzou left cuz they couldn't beat Texas.

dirk digler
10-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Joe Manchin is pissed

"If these outrageous reports have any merit – and especially if a United States Senator has done anything inappropriate or unethical to interfere with a decision that the Big 12 had already made – then I believe that there should be an investigation in the U.S. Senate, and I will fight to get the truth. West Virginians and the American people deserve to know exactly what is going on and whether politics is interfering with our college sports."

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Joe Manchin is pissed

Manchin also issued a statement, which reads:

"If these outrageous reports have any merit – and especially if a United States Senator has done anything inappropriate or unethical to interfere with a decision that the Big 12 had already made – then I believe that there should be an investigation in the U.S. Senate, and I will fight to get the truth. West Virginians and the American people deserve to know exactly what is going on and whether politics is interfering with our college sports."

Dissension in the ranks between the President of a flagship member of the Conference and a school that hasn't even been formally invited yet.

Yeah - this is going to work out really well...

duncan_idaho
10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Dissension in the ranks between the President of a flagship member of the Conference and a school that hasn't even been formally invited yet.

Yeah - this is going to work out really well...

Totally functional family unit. Why would Missouri want to leave? Tigers are clearly:
1) Greedy
2) Butthurt
3) Just wanting attention

alnorth
10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
West Virginia politicians are now pissed. Sen. Machin called a press conference this evening.

Sen. Manchin: "If these outrageous reports have any merit – and especially if a United States Senator has done anything inappropriate or unethical to interfere with a decision that the Big 12 had already made – then I believe that there should be an investigation in the U.S. Senate, and I will fight to get the truth. West Virginians and the American people deserve to know exactly what is going on and whether politics is interfering with our college sports."

Sen. Rockefeller: "“The Big 12 picked WVU on the strength of its program—period. Now the media reports that political games may upend that. That’s flat wrong,” Rockefeller said. “I am doing and will do whatever it takes to get us back to the merits.”

Tweet from a WV Representative: @RepShelley #WVU deserves to be in the Big 12. If there is political interference going on, it needs to stop now. #WV

Your move, Rand Paul

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 03:13 PM
I love tablerock. Have some friends with a badass houseboat there. Little cold in November, though.

Everything is relative. Compared to here, we are counting on it being balmy. o:-)
This will be our first winter, so we are wanting to see what it is like. I am hoping some of the trees still have some leaves, but I doubt if they will. If not, the view of the lake will be better, so it is all good.

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Wow, teams are really wanting into the Big 12 pretty bad.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Wow, teams are really wanting out of the Big East pretty bad.

FYP

beer bacon
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Please don't forget the fireworks, walnut bowls and caverns. The Mrs. and I really do plan on stopping at one of those caverns one of these days.

We never stopped at the worlds deepest hand dug well in Greensburg, so we hope to learn from that lesson.

There are a few cheese shops between KC and Columbia now. I love me some fancy cheese.

DeezNutz
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow, teams are really wanting into the Big 12 pretty bad.

Yep. Heard that the SEC is WVU's fallback.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
There are a few cheese shops between KC and Columbia now. I love me some fancy cheese.

Osceola Cheese FTMFW!

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM

I have read that on here, and look forward to making that trip one of these days in the future. I love the stuff myself, and have a gut to prove it.

mnchiefsguy
10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Osceola Cheese FTMFW!

Osceola Cheese is between KC and Springfield PBJ

beer bacon
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM

They opened up a new branch on I-70. I noticed it for the first time on my way to Columbia for the OSU game.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM

They have a little satellite shop off the highway between KC and Columbia.

I think they have one off 44 as well; there's quite a few of them around.

(EDIT: What Beer Bacon said)

mnchiefsguy
10-26-2011, 03:51 PM
They opened up a new branch on I-70. I noticed it for the first time on my way to Columbia for the OSU game.

Cool. Did not know that. Always stop at the one on Highway 13 when we go to Springfield. Best cheese around.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Osceola Cheese FTMFW!

Don't encourage Jayhawkers to visit Osceola. Last time that happened, Quantrall had to burn down Lawrence in retaliation.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't encourage Jayhawkers to visit Osceola. Last time that happened, Quantrall had to burn down Lawrence in retaliation.

Captain Quantrill was a Patriot...

Pants
10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Captain Quantrill was a Patriot...

Is that what you guys call people with confederate flags down there in Columbia?

beer bacon
10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna stop on my way back from the Texas game and see if I can get home before I crap my pants.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Is that what you guys call people with confederate flags down there in Columbia?

It's that or learn to eat grits.

Grits suck, man.

Reaper16
10-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Grits suck, man.
Boooooooo

HemiEd
10-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Grits suck, man.

If they are done right, they are fucking awesome, really!

Its that whole Cream-O-Wheat look that is hard to work with.

NewChief
10-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Grits suck, man.

People who think grits suck have probably only had plain jane grits. Try garlic cheese grits or shrimp and grits sometime, and you'll change your tune.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Clay Travis says he is working on a piece about an SEC network that will "blow y'alls minds".

CoMoChief
10-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I've just refused to listen to the radio or read any articles concerning this since there seems to be just a huge amount of cluster-**** and rumors during all of this.....

so, that being said....

Has MU left the conference officially? Or are they just playing the waiting game and haven't "technically" filed the departure papers etc?

Because if WVU and Lousiville BOTH come to the Big12, there wouldn't (or shouldn't) be any reason for MU to leave...the conference is back to 12 teams, and really would be a better, and more stable conference than it was a couple seasons ago when Colorado, TXAM, and Nebraska were in the conference.

If MU is leaving because they're afraid that one of the big guys (TX/OU) will leave a few years down the road, then that's nothing more than speculation and MU being stupid (as they have been...remember they kinda dropped the ball, starting this all, and dropping the ball w/ Matt Painter and ending up with Frank Haith and his baggage).

This is just strange. Maybe MU is forcing the Big12's hand to get back to 12 teams, and then decide to stay after all, which then would mean they look like saviors to the college sports scene here in the KC area.

|Zach|
10-26-2011, 04:45 PM
more stable conference than it was a couple seasons ago when Colorado, TXAM, and Nebraska were in the conference.

lol wut

DeezNutz
10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
lol wut

Just got off the phone with a rep. from TX, and he says the conference is currently stable.

Check road conditions again later.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
This ship is much more seaworthy now that we stuck bubblegum in all of the cracks of the hull than it ever was before the crash.

Trevo_410
10-26-2011, 05:08 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OdfSLnKMqq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

|Zach|
10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
B/c we love relationship analogies, WVU and LVille see a screaming woman in mismatched shoes tripping on a curb and say: I want to be on her,

http://twitter.com/#!/mellinger/status/129309766399954944

DJ's left nut
10-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Uh, Sam - I think you have an extra word in there, buddy.

Pitt Gorilla
10-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I've just refused to listen to the radio or read any articles concerning this since there seems to be just a huge amount of cluster-**** and rumors during all of this.....

so, that being said....

Has MU left the conference officially? Or are they just playing the waiting game and haven't "technically" filed the departure papers etc?

Because if WVU and Lousiville BOTH come to the Big12, there wouldn't (or shouldn't) be any reason for MU to leave...the conference is back to 12 teams, and really would be a better, and more stable conference than it was a couple seasons ago when Colorado, TXAM, and Nebraska were in the conference.

If MU is leaving because they're afraid that one of the big guys (TX/OU) will leave a few years down the road, then that's nothing more than speculation and MU being stupid (as they have been...remember they kinda dropped the ball, starting this all, and dropping the ball w/ Matt Painter and ending up with Frank Haith and his baggage).

This is just strange. Maybe MU is forcing the Big12's hand to get back to 12 teams, and then decide to stay after all, which then would mean they look like saviors to the college sports scene here in the KC area.That would be the WORST case scenario.

notorious
10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Boooooooo

If they are done right, they are ****ing awesome, really!

Its that whole Cream-O-Wheat look that is hard to work with.

People who think grits suck have probably only had plain jane grits. Try garlic cheese grits or shrimp and grits sometime, and you'll change your tune.

These.

Grits are fucking awesome.

notorious
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Grits are great. Maybe the restaurants in Missouri will catch up with the times and start serving sweet tea when all the visiting fans from the south try to order it in mass quantities.

That would be WIN for the Mizzou residents.

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Conspiracy time:

The Big IIX is pitting Louisville and WVU against one another. First one that agrees to play in 2012 gets the seat at the table?

Additional conspiracy: there is another poster who is trying to steal my online identity by creating a clone of my online persona and double-posting my ideas...

Saul Good
10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Conspiracy time:

The Big IIX is pitting Louisville and WVU against one another. First one that agrees to play in 2012 gets the seat at the table?

alnorth
10-26-2011, 05:51 PM
These.

Grits are ****ing awesome.

All right, I've seen it so many times I now have to ask. Whats the story on your avatar? Do you have a very angry white kitty, or does that picture correlate with something that I'm not aware of?

Setsuna
10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
LOL! Big XII just got worse letting those jokes of fans from WVU in their conference. Don't bring any pregnant women to the conference games. They will beat them up after a loss.
ROFL

KC_Connection
10-26-2011, 06:17 PM
I'll take whichever school has the better basketball program. The question is, is that Louisville or West Virginia?

alnorth
10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll take whichever school has the better basketball program. The question is, is that Louisville or West Virginia?

Louisville

BWillie
10-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Louisville

Not if Pittensnoggle has anything to do with it.