PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

DJ's left nut
09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
dont forget to take the dog "shithead"

That's only if Texas Tech came along as well.

(Jesus those guys suck. I'll bag on KU quite a bit, and Iowa State as well, but nobody compares to Tech. They're pretty much a safety school for when the Community Colleges turn you down)

Braincase
09-26-2011, 01:35 PM
That's only if Texas Tech came along as well.

(Jesus those guys suck. I'll bag on KU quite a bit, and Iowa State as well, but nobody compares to Tech. They're pretty much a safety school for when the Community Colleges, Arizona State, ITT Technical Institute and the University of Phoenix turn you down)

FYP

notorious
09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/funny-sports-pictures-college-football-texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/funny-sports-pictures-college-football-texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

Work it big boy WORK IT!!!!!

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
If I were a Missouri fan I'm not sure I would wish to join the SEC. I'm going from being the fourth or fifth best team in the Big XII to being the tenth or eleventh best team in the SEC but perhaps its time for Missouri to go back to its natural level which is bad to mediocre instead mediocre to good. Lets not forget that this is now the golden age of Missouri football.

That line of thinking will serve you well when you go from being the 12th best team in the Big XII to the 8th best team in the WAC.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
That line of thinking will serve you well when you go from being the 12th best team in the Big XII to the 8th best team in the WAC.

heh, snore

win something...anything

DeezNutz
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM
heh, snore

win something...anything

Like the record for most yards per carry given up in CFB history?

kstater
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
The last few pages of this thread look strikingly similar to the first 10 pages or so of the first thread.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Like the record for most yards per carry given up in CFB history?

Yeah that sucks, We dont get to hang banners for those....

notorious
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
The last few pages of this thread look strikingly similar to the first 10 pages or so of the first thread.

It has happened before, and it will happen again......

Damn, I have been watching too much BSG.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

LMAO

Frazod
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM

You can if you want. I mean, it's not like anybody would stop you..... LMAO

DJ's left nut
09-26-2011, 02:06 PM

Yes, yes they do.

And I'm guessing the results will be about the same.

Afterall, it's Mizzou.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
heh, snore

win something...anything

KU football is improving. You went from 12th best last year to 10th best this year, and you could be 9th or even 8th best next year. No wonder you love the Big XII so much.

Frazod
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Yes, yes they do.

And I'm guessing the results will be about the same.

Afterall, it's Mizzou.

Much less MU arrogance, much more KU butthurt dumbassery.

notorious
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
KU football is improving. You went from 12th best last year to 10th best this year, and you could be 9th or even 8th best next year. No wonder you love the Big XII so much.

JFC

Ouch. LMAO

keg in kc
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
This whole mega-super-duper-conference saga thing is starting to feel like Brett Favre's 'retirement'. Will it ever end?

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
You can if you want. I mean, it's not like anybody would stop you..... LMAO

:thumb:

sportsman1
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I wish Missouri and its fanbase nothing but continued hell. There is absolutely no need to continue the Texas Tech bashing. Are you threatened? What does that do for? It was an amazing feeling beating you Sob's last year after the comments your S##t head President made.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Much less MU arrogance, much more KU butthurt dumbassery.

Who's hurt?

We have everything we want.

You have.....errrrr...... help me out here

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Who's hurt?

You must not want a team that can finish ahead of Mizzou in the Big XII because you've never had that. Not once.

Frazod
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Who's hurt?

Not everybody is content to live in the (propped-up-by-bullshit) past, or live for basketball season, you stupid fuck.

Jesus.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 02:52 PM
You must not want a team that can finish ahead of Mizzou in the Big XII because you've never had that. Not once.

Yea, it would be nice to add that one in too.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Not everybody is content to live in the (propped-up-by-bullshit) past, or live for basketball season, you stupid ****.

Jesus.

I'm actually enjoying the progress the football team is making following a tumultuous end to the last regime.

Part of building a program that reaches a level above what it has ever been before is part of the fun.

For me basketball is enjoyable as well, but I don't "live for it".

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 03:02 PM
What progress is that?

Frazod
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm actually enjoying the progress the football team is making following a tumultuous end to the last regime.

Part of building a program that reaches a level above what it has ever been before is part of the fun.

For me basketball is enjoyable as well, but I don't "live for it".

LMAO

What progress would that be? Losing to a team you beat last year by six touchdowns?

I'll bet if you swam down to the bottom of the ocean, you could refloat the Titanic with some duct tape and a bottle of compressed air.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 03:04 PM
What progress is that?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2EU3fPon4uc/TS1xKZtz9aI/AAAAAAAAABE/7mtBUjz5csc/s1600/niu.jpg

HolyHandgernade
09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't want Missouri to go. I like have them in the conference. I don't like MU, but I like having them in the conference. I don't think MU is replaceable, but I don't think that they are irreplaceable.

I think MU gives up way too much for this idea that another conference will be more "stable" for them in the future. If this threat is simply a means that help ensures the Big XII becomes a more stable conference, then good for them.

But, I don't think a move to the SEC is going to do them many favors. Sure, Arkansas has a solid program, but being in the SEC hasn't really done much for them on the national scale. Have you ever listened to radio talk shows based in the SEC? They barely like to acknowledge them as it is, many of them have voiced the opinion that wouldn't care if they leave.

In the Big XII, at least, you're in the upper tier. You have standing. There, I'm afraid they are going to look on you as the reasoning to avoid an unbalanced schedule. An excuse to grab some market share. I think you're recruiting will take a hit as well.

Of course, these are all my opinions, I know many of you think there is nothing but blue skies ahead down south, but I truly believe the "security" won't be worth it in the long run of things.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2EU3fPon4uc/TS1xKZtz9aI/AAAAAAAAABE/7mtBUjz5csc/s1600/niu.jpg

Their signature win last year was against a team with a losing record. Their signature win this year will be against a non-BCS school. Of course, it will be their only win against Division 1A opponents as well.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Their signature win last year was against a team with a losing record. Their signature win this year will be against a non-BCS school. Of course, it will be their only win against Division 1A opponents as well.

A win in the final seconds at home. But at least there have not been any coaches talking shit about the atmosphere in Lawrence and how much more intense it is in Cedar Rapids.

mikeyis4dcats.
09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
33k showed up because we played an fcs school.

TCU's average football attendance for the 2010 season was 42466

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Exactly.

And that's why I've decided that most of the Nubs fans are pretty much pricks. They sit around and get their rocks off on the struggles of the XII.

I don't really give a good god damn what happens to this conference if Mizzou leaves it. If they make more money without us than they would have with us - bully for them.

I only care about Mizzou. I'm not going to sit around and say "I hope we can bring KU along" or any of that mealy-mouthed crap. What I want to do is see Mizzou go to a stable program that will help this University, this community and our athletic programs take a step forward. That's it and that's all.

The XII can make as much money as it wants after we're gone, but I'm still going to be happier where we land.

Who that?

Bambi
09-26-2011, 03:13 PM

I'd tread lightly with the MAC... I mean seriously, it's the only conference your coach has ever won.

Oh wait....same as the only conference my coach has ever won either.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd tread lightly with the MAC... I mean seriously, it's the only conference your coach has ever won.

You are the insult master.

DeezNutz
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Your favorite player on the team wouldn't even be allowed to call you after 9:00 PM tonight for a sup dog.

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 03:15 PM
If I were a Missouri fan I'm not sure I would wish to join the SEC. I'm going from being the fourth or fifth best team in the Big XII to being the tenth or eleventh best team in the SEC but perhaps its time for Missouri to go back to its natural level which is bad to mediocre instead mediocre to good. Lets not forget that this is now the golden age of Missouri football.

:LOL: Ouch, that is going to leave a mark.

They have been steadily improving for a while now, maybe since Gary Pinkel became the HC?

HolyHandgernade
09-26-2011, 03:19 PM
There's no doubt KU's football program will have to measure its improvement incrementally. We have many obstacles to overcome, most notably on the defensive line. KU is a place where you have to develop players who did not have the measurables when they first got out of college, and that will take time. We don't have the type of program that can attract those ready to play type kids. I hope they have the patience to develop their program like Mizzou did, although we won't have the benefit of divisional play. In his first four years, Pinkel only had one season above 5 wins (and remember, 4 were non-cons at that time). Complicating matters even more is that I think the Big XII is in the midst of some of its strongest members as a whole.

So, yeah, beating NIU is a step forward, considering we lost to North Dakota St and Southern Miss last year. Our offensive attack looks much improved but the defense is woeful. I was hoping to reduce the number of blowouts this year, but I don't know if that's a reality. Texas Tech should help tell us a lot on how much improvement is realistic.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
:LOL: Ouch, that is going to leave a mark.

They have been steadily improving for a while now, maybe since Gary Pinkel became the HC?

It took 5 years for Gary Pinkel to win a bowl game at Missouri.

He has definitely improved the program, but it always takes time in college football.

eazyb81
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
But, I don't think a move to the SEC is going to do them many favors. Sure, Arkansas has a solid program, but being in the SEC hasn't really done much for them on the national scale. Have you ever listened to radio talk shows based in the SEC? They barely like to acknowledge them as it is, many of them have voiced the opinion that wouldn't care if they leave.

I'm curious how much exposure to SEC sports radio you've had considering you live in California. I live in Nashville and can assure you the two main sports stations here talk as much about Arkansas as any non-Vandy or UT team in the SEC. The Bama-Arkansas game was the main college topic last week outside of realignment.

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM

He has definitely improved the program, but it always takes time in college football.

Has Webb won the Heisman yet?

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Has Webb won the Heisman yet?Did someone claim he would?

Saul Good

Pinkel left the MAC to coach a better team. Gill left the MAC to coach a team that couldn't win the MAC.

Dude was 3-5 at Buffalo, and that was the best. Coach you could get. He had a winning percentage of .400 in the MAC, and its .333 with KU. He'll likely finish this season with a career record of 5-19 at KU. History totally awaits, though.

HolyHandgernade
I'm curious how much exposure to SEC sports radio you've had considering you live in California. I live in Nashville and can assure you the two main sports stations here talk as much about Arkansas as any non-Vandy or UT team in the SEC. The Bama-Arkansas game was the main college topic last week outside of realignment.

Finebaum has a national radio show I listen to on Sirius and Rivals Radio has Bill King, as well. From the callers to those shows to the inflections they give about Arkansas and its place in the SEC leads me to believe they regard Arkansas as an outlier more than any other school in the SEC.

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Agree, not every coach can be a Bill Snyder. I hope that man lives to be a 100.

KC native
09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
TCU's average football attendance for the 2010 season was 42466

Yea, our stadium prior to expansion only held 44k. TCU is a small school and without a good schedule to draw in outsiders then we can't sell out. If every living alumni from TCU went to every game, we still can't sell out the stadium.

This year our attendance is going to be shit. I was going to buy season tickets until the Boise game was taken away from us and I know at least a half dozen of my friends were the same way. The next 2 seasons, we have decent home schedules so I guarantee that our attendance will improve (with that being said our stadium after renovation is only going to hold 48k.)

eazyb81
09-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Finebaum has a national radio show I listen to on Sirius and Rivals Radio has Bill King, as well. From the callers to those shows to the inflections they give about Arkansas and its place in the SEC leads me to believe they regard Arkansas as an outlier more than any other school in the SEC.

OK I will grant you Finebaum but he seems to be a complete Bama homer that everyone else hates. I've only listened to him 2 or 3 times and found him fairly annoying.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Pinkel left the MAC to coach a better team. Gill left the MAC to coach a team that couldn't win the MAC.

Dude was 3-5 at Buffalo, and that was the best. Coach you could get. He had a winning percentage of .400 in the MAC, and its .333 with KU. He'll likely finish this season with a career record of 5-19 at KU. History totally awaits, though.

Doesn't change it. Sorry. For having such shitty results lately you sure like to talk a lot of shit.

2009 Texas Bowl LOSS to Navy 13-35
2010 Insight Bowl LOSS to Iowa 24-27 (with most of Iowa team suspended)

Gary Pinkel = 1 MAC Championship (59 years old)

Turner Gill = 1 MAC Championship (49 years old)

Pants
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Holy shit, Gary Pinkel does not look like a 60 year old.

Stewie
Agree, not every coach can be a Bill Snyder. I hope that man lives to be a 100.

Bill Snyder is probably the best football coach at any level in the past 25 years. He's playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

Rams Fan
Doesn't change it. Sorry. For having such shitty results lately you sure like to talk a lot of shit.

2009 Texas Bowl LOSS to Navy 13-35
2010 Insight Bowl LOSS to Iowa 24-27 (with most of Iowa team suspended)

Gary Pinkel = 1 MAC Championship (59 years old)

Turner Gill = 1 MAC Championship (49 years old)

Cool.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 03:40 PM

Handful of teams have won 40 games over the span of the past 4 years. Even so nobody is satisfied and we haven't peaked.

But hey...you got a dramatic win against NIU so there is that.

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Did someone claim he would?

Wickedson suggested it after the big NIU win.

DJ's left nut
09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Bill Snyder is probably the best football coach at any level in the past 25 years. He's playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

Wait...what?

Yeah - that Belichick guy's nothing compared to Bill Snyder.

I think Snyder's a heck of a coach and probably one of the top 20 guys in the FBS, but that right there is a textbook example of overplaying the hell out of your hand.

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Snyder is top 10.

Pants
09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Wickedson suggested it after the big NIU win.

IIRC it was a conditional statement. Not that I would expect you to grasp such a nuance, but, dang, you really attached yourself to it like a leach, didn't you?

Frazod
09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
IIRC it was a conditional statement. Not that I would expect you to grasp such a nuance, but, dang, you really attached yourself to it like a leach, didn't you?

Wickedson always brings out the best in people.

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:48 PM

To even suggest Webb and the Heisman in the same sentence is absurd but please continue to be a miserable prick. You are a KU fan after all.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Handful of teams have won 40 games over the span of the past 4 years. Even so nobody is satisfied and we haven't peaked.

But hey...you got a dramatic win against NIU so there is that.

It was pretty fun.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 03:50 PM

Getting weird right?

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM

We all understood it. It isn't less silly.

Pants
09-26-2011, 03:52 PM
To even suggest Webb and the Heisman in the same sentence is absurd but please continue to be a miserable prick. You are a KU fan after all.

You got trolled by Wicked, brah. LMAO

Not my fault he stings you so good.

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
You got trolled by Wicked, brah. LMAO

Not my fault he stings you so good.

That's the thing dude wasn't trolling.

Rams Fan
09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey Wickedson:

Gary Pinkel won the MAC at a younger age than Turner Gill.

Pants
That's the thing dude wasn't trolling.

He's just a much better troll than you.

Stewie
Wait...what?

I think Snyder's a heck of a coach and probably one of the top 20 guys in the FBS, but that right there is a textbook example of overplaying the hell out of your hand.

Top 20 in FBS? What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about coaching, not getting hand-picked 5-star players because someone coaches at LSU or Florida or Texas or Oklahoma. He's made his mark with less than stellar players and knows how to game plan. He also adjusts incredibly well during games. BTW, I'm a KU fan and not a K-State homer.

Pants
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Top 20 in FBS? What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about coaching, not getting hand-picked 5-star players because someone coaches at LSU or Florida or Texas or Oklahoma. He's made his mark with less than stellar players and knows how to game plan. He also adjusts incredibly well during games. BTW, I'm a KU fan and not a K-State homer.

Old Ballz has a way about him. Listening to him on his radio show, you just can't help but like the guy.

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
He's just a much better troll than you.

Hardly.

notorious
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Wait...what?

JFC

This post......is a lost cause.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Hey Wickedson:

Gary Pinkel won the MAC at a younger age than Turner Gill.

He did.

And yes, as of right now Gary Pinkel has shown to be a far better football coach than Turner Gill.

I just don't get why no one wants to give the guy a chance. It's really strange to me.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Remember when Iowa State got choose for a better Bowl game than Mizzou a few years ago even though Missouri had the better record? Mizzou is so well respected and irreplaceable.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Remember when Iowa State got choose for a better Bowl game than Mizzou a few years ago even though Missouri had the better record? Mizzou is so well respected and irreplaceable.

Remember when Iowa St....

....sorry I drew a blank. An absolute blank.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
He did.

And yes, as of right now Gary Pinkel has shown to be a far better football coach than Turner Gill.

I just don't get why no one wants to give the guy a chance. It's really strange to me.
what have you seen that indicates he deserves a chance?

Turner Gill isn't half the coach that Mangino was/is, in every sense.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 04:30 PM

....sorry I drew a blank. An absolute blank.

Was undefeated this year?

vailpass
09-26-2011, 04:34 PM

....used to have VEISHA and it was a ton of fun?

There is one good thing I can say about Moo U., VEISHA used to be fun as hell.

KC_Connection
09-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Holy shit, Gary Pinkel does not look like a 60 year old.
Wow, I would have said like 45.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Was undefeated this year?

lol.

Here it is. The first ever NCAA 3-0 trophy.

http://hodgesbadge.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/rubymarble.jpg

duncan_idaho
09-26-2011, 04:54 PM

ALMOST beat Florida State in a bowl game, when Seneca Wallace was the QB?

That was the high point of the Dan McCarney era. Almost beating FSU on a play that MIGHT have been a touchdown.

And the Dan McCarney era is the height of Iowa State football.

I feel a little for ISU fans, though. I've always had good dealings with them, and they're completely screwed on this deal.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 04:59 PM

That was the high point of the Dan McCarney era. Almost beating FSU on a play that MIGHT have been a touchdown.

I feel a little for ISU fans, though. I've always had good dealings with them, and they're completely screwed on this deal.

He was a good coach to have. Brought ISU up a little. But Rhoads is the guy to take ISU to the next level. Its just too bad we passed on him the first time around and hired Chiz instead.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM

That wasn't a bowl game, it was at Arrowhead.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 05:04 PM
That might have been the season opener.

duncan_idaho
09-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, I would have said like 45.

I would take Gary Pinkel in a cage match against every coach in the Big 12.

Except Bob Stoops. He'd find a way to cheat and have someone slip him brass knuckles or something.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 05:13 PM
lol.

Here it is. The first ever NCAA 3-0 trophy.

http://hodgesbadge.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/rubymarble.jpg

Where is the corn?

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I would take Gary Pinkel in a cage match against every coach in the Big 12.

Except Bob Stoops. He'd find a way to cheat and have someone slip him brass knuckles or something.

LMAO

Bambi
09-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have the audio of the OSU fans chanting "Big 12" over the ABC broadcast last saturday at the aTm field?

Heard its pretty hilarious

Bambi
09-26-2011, 05:39 PM
some good twittering going on...

@ChipBrownOB
A&M AD Bill Byrne to #SEC commish Mike Slive: "When you face the Aggies, you better tape your ankles. Because we intend to win."

@KUTheShiver
A&M brings a crapton of fans and money - and they present no threat to our football powerhouse programs. #whattheSECreallywantstosay

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
some good twittering going on...

@ChipBrownOB
A&M AD Bill Byrne to #SEC commish Mike Slive: "When you face the Aggies, you better tape your ankles. Because we intend to win."

@KUTheShiver
A&M brings a crapton of fans and money - and they present no threat to our football powerhouse programs. #whattheSECreallywantstosay

The girl that nobody even considered inviting to the dance is making fun of the prom queen's dress. How cute.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Looks like Louisville is going to be the one to replace A&M.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
The girl that nobody even considered inviting to the dance is making fun of the prom queen's dress. How cute.

We'll never know.

At least I don't have boosters out claiming invites to conferences when in fact no one ever wanted a team thats never won shit.

nighty night :thumb:

Bambi
09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Looks like Louisville is going to be the one to replace A&M.

Great pick up.

I certainly hope this one pans out.

About time we got another bball power in here.

Their BCS win doesn't hurt either. :)

Frazod
09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
We'll never know.

At least I don't have boosters out claiming invites to conferences when in fact no one ever wanted a team thats never won shit.

You're such a cute little KUnt when you get all butthurt. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Great pick up.

I certainly hope this one pans out.

About time we got another bball power in here.

Their BCS win doesn't hurt either. :)

LMAO You're such a tool.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
You're such a cute little KUnt when you get all butthurt. LMAO

Hurt?

I love the idea of adding Louisville to this conference.

They've accomplished so much more than so many schools in the Big12.

Frazod
09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
BTW, I think it's official - this thread definitely has AIDS.

Wickedson is the carrier.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
We'll never know.

If Mizzou stays in the Big XII, it's because we chose to (because we're idiots). The invite is there.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Enjoy your shitty football team and all the bowl games you won't be going to.

KU doesn't go to a lot of bowl games.

But when they do they win them, they don't embarrass the conference by losing to Navy.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:43 PM

But when they do they win them, they don't embarrass the conference by losing to Navy.

The conference was so proud of your loss to North Dakota State.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
BTW, I think it's official - this thread definitely has AIDS.

Wickedson is the carrier.

For someone who isn't a fan of MU, he's begging for another dose of it.

Frazod

Navy's got a good team, douche. I don't think they'd lose by 42 points to Georgia Tech.

Bambi
I just read that Texas A&M hasn't beaten an SEC team in 16 years.

Can that be true?

Bambi
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
If Mizzou stays in the Big XII, it's because we chose to (because we're idiots). The invite is there.

ok.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
I just read that Texas A&M hasn't beaten an SEC team in 16 years.

Can that be true?

KU hasn't beaten an SEC team in 26 years.

Sassy Squatch
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Is there a link on Louisville?

RustShack
09-26-2011, 06:53 PM

There are and were no invites from the SEC or B1G. You apply to join a conference and the current schools vote to accept.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 06:55 PM
They've been to 15 bowl games, which puts them ahead of KSU, ISU and KU.

I believe he was talking basketball, and haveing a BCS win.

eazyb81
09-26-2011, 06:57 PM
There are and were no invites from the SEC or B1G. You apply to join a conference and the current schools vote to accept.

Jesus Christ you fucking idiot, it is semantics. For fucks sake this has been explained literally a million times yet it never fails some shit for brains comes with a dumbass post like this acting as if he has some fucking secret info.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
KU hasn't beaten an SEC team in 26 years.

I have zero interest in moving KU to the SEC.

I have no doubt they would get their ass kicked there.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
I have no interest in playing CF for the Yankees.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Jesus Christ you fucking idiot, it is semantics. For fucks sake this has been explained literally a million times yet it never fails some shit for brains comes with a dumbass post like this acting as if he has some fucking secret info.

So why again did they decline their invite to the B1G?

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
No, an embarrassment is losing at home to North Dakota St. Losing to a team that won 10 games in a bowl game is nothing compared to being the worst team in the conference 3 years running.

eh, first game for a new coach who was left a team in shambles roster-wise.

NDSU is 5-3 vs FBS teams in the last 6 years.

I'm not losin sleep over it.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
I have no interest in playing CF for the Yankees.

The Yankees have no interest in you.

See how that works?

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Is there a link on Louisville?

ESPN reported on TV. And there's something on phog.net about it but I don't have an account.

Will try and find the text.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 07:10 PM
The Yankees have no interest in you.

See how that works?

Yes. I see exactly how it works. Do you?

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Here's another link.

but as some have said in this thread this guy is usually incorrect.

Hope for MU fans, he says there is no offer, nor will there be from the SEC to MU.

http://gregswaim.com/2011/09/conference-realignment-not-dead/

RustShack
09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm shocked Mizzou didn't accept this SEC offer the second they got it. I mean obviously the Big12 is a total mess and has no advantage over the SEC. If they keep putting it off a school like Nebraska might jump in and steal their spot.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
GoldAndBlueZone Gold And Blue Zone
Expecting some very positive news concerning WVU's future conference affiliation. Stay tuned. #wvu

Big12?

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:38 PM
GoldAndBlueZone Gold And Blue Zone
Expecting some very positive news concerning WVU's future conference affiliation. Stay tuned. #wvu

Big12?

Huggins back? Why not

RustShack
09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Huggins back? Why not

The guy who tweeted that is saying its NOT them going to the Big 12.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:46 PM
The guy who tweeted that is saying its NOT them going to the Big 12.

oh man this could be epic.

RustShack
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
oh man this could be epic.

Hes saying they are going to the SEC LMAO

Poor Missouri, passed over again ROFL

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Hes saying they are going to the SEC LMAO

Poor Missouri, passed over again ROFL

If they're going to the SEC, it's because Mizzou said no.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
If they're going to the SEC, it's because Mizzou said no.

Never change bro, never change.

Sassy Squatch
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Didnt WVU apply and the SEC voted no? Something mustve happened

RustShack
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Hasn't anyone told Mizzou that the Big12 is the worst conference to be in? Real Einsteins down there huh.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
"The principle reason to join the SEC was to join a conference where each and every member is valued EQUALLY" A&M President Dr. R. Bowen Loftin

kstater
09-26-2011, 07:55 PM
"The principle reason to join the SEC was to join a conference where each and every member is valued EQUALLY" A&M President Dr. R. Bowen Loftin

Funny, they weren't saying that when they voted for each member to not be treated equally.

LiveSteam
09-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Funny, they weren't saying that when they voted for each member to not be treated equally.

LMAOLMAO

RustShack
I wonder what Mizzou's reasoning is for declining to join either the B1G or SEC. Because their know it all fans claim they for sure had invites. And there is clearly no positive to staying in the Big 12 according to them also.

Sassy Squatch
Excellent point. With their vote, it would've been a lock.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 07:57 PM
I wonder what Mizzou's reasoning is for declining to join either the B1G or SEC. Because their know it all fans claim they for sure had invites. And there is clearly no positive to staying in the Big 12 according to them also.

I don't think Mizzou ever had an invite to the B1G. We'd have taken that in a heartbeat.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Damn Strait!

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7835/omconfederateflagsyq0.jpg

alnorth
09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Didnt WVU apply and the SEC voted no? Something mustve happened

from what I heard, WVU asked if they could be approved immediately, right that second, and the SEC told them no, shut up and calm down, maybe later. Well now the Big 12 is stable and TA&M is coming.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
from what I heard, WVU asked if they could be approved immediately, right that second, and the SEC told them no, shut up and calm down, maybe later. Well now the Big 12 is stable and TA&M is coming.

If WVU really is gone I can't see what would be left for the Big East schools that play football.

I hope the Big12 is moving to grab Louisville. Louisville is much more attractive to me than WVU anyway.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
@espn4d
Pat Forde
If it's true LSU students were going into classrooms at WVU and chanting "Tiger Bait" today, that might be the most hilarious thing ever.
23 Sep via web

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
If WVU really is gone I can't see what would be left for the Big East schools that play football.

I hope the Big12 is moving to grab Louisville. Louisville is much more attractive to me than WVU anyway.

That's because you're retarded.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
ROFL

That's about the biggest d-bag thing I've ever heard.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 08:07 PM

What are you 12?

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
What are you 12?

No, but I feel required to think like a 12 year old to communicate with you.

Saulbadguy
09-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Damn Strait!

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7835/omconfederateflagsyq0.jpg

haha, excellent post.

Bambi

Why are you here? Are you a Chiefs fan?

alnorth

I would not say retarded, but yeah, WVU is much more attractive than UL

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Why are you here? Are you a Chiefs fan?

Unfortunately. Now STFU n00b.

alnorth
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Twitter is blowing up. Multiple sources. If this is true, Tigerboard is going to melt down with lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
I see nothing about this on PowerMizzou. Weird.

Brianfo
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM

BURN

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Twitter is blowing up. Multiple sources. If this is true, Tigerboard is going to melt down with lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

This will be incredible.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
I would not say retarded, but yeah, WVU is much more attractive than UL

they are both tied at #164 in the us news & world report rankings, lol

alnorth
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
they are both tied at #164 in the us news & world report rankings, lol

That could be important if you are going to college for academic reasons. By that standard, Harvard ought to have a kick-ass football team.

mnchiefsguy
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM

What are your search terms on twitter? I searched "west virginia sec" and "wvu" and got very little, just the Penn State Examiner tweeting the wvu might be sec bound.

alnorth
09-26-2011, 08:19 PM
What are your search terms on twitter? I searched "west virginia sec" and "wvu" and got very little, just the Penn State Examiner tweeting the wvu might be sec bound.

I just did #WVU. We got a WVU blogger and two radio stations. Nothing very solid yet, so its not necessarily confirmed.

tk13
09-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah I don't see much. I see a tweet from Chip Brown saying the SEC anticipates being a 13 team league though.

mnchiefsguy
09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks al. Not seeing too much, but it is definitely out there. Will be an interesting next few days.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
here's a big one

@GoldAndBlueZone
Gold And Blue Zone
Not going to get too excited until I hear something official, but WVU to SEC looks very likely. #wvu

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
It would make sense. Today was the quietest day in a month.

tk13
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
here's a big one

@GoldAndBlueZone
Gold And Blue Zone
Not going to get too excited until I hear something official, but WVU to SEC looks very likely. #wvu

Yeah that doesn't mean squat. A week ago Texas to the Pac 12 was "very likely."

You guys will turn it into a Big XII thing, but I don't think the SEC is enamored with WVU, regardless of any Big XII school... but with how things have gone that probably means they'll end up there.

alnorth
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah I don't see much. I see a tweet from Chip Brown saying the SEC anticipates being a 13 team league though.

well, because of the big east's horrible 27 month rule, the sec would have to have some 13-team seasons for a while if they went with wvu.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Apparently MU fans aren't the only ones out there who think "we have an offer to turn down".... lol

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/ef/ef6357a1575224da8675426a9aa99045/one_down_one_to_go_whos_the_lucky_no_in_sec_expansion.jpg

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't understand the Mizzou fans on here say they are almost as good as LSU & OU howcome they can't get out of the Big 12?

alnorth
09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
The WVU to SEC rumormongers are saying the source of the leak is Florida. Apparently some Florida boosters heard that Florida gave their OK for WVU.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't understand the Mizzou fans on here say they are almost as good as LSU & OU howcome they can't get out of the Big 12?

Who said that?

Titty Meat
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Who said that?

I forget who I read it in passing. Some other guy said once Franklin and Josey get more experience youll kick OU's ass.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
I forget who I read it in passing. Some other guy said once Franklin and Josey get more experience youll kick OU's ass.

That doesn't sound like LSU was involved. You might have read it on the same site that show Cain leading the pack.

eazyb81
09-26-2011, 08:50 PM
All I've learned from this mess is to immediately trust all tweets about realignment.

It's all over guys.

BryanBusby
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
The WVU to SEC rumormongers are saying the source of the leak is Florida. Apparently some Florida boosters heard that Florida gave their OK for WVU.

Well shit than it's got to be legit!

Twitter is definitely the most unreliable website in existence. It might as well be called CoMo.com

WPI

eazyb81
Also it is quite hilarious that ku, KSU, and ISU fans have been reduced to praying Mizzou doesn't go to the SEC, even though us staying is the only way UT and OU will be forced to renegotiate more equitable revenue terms.

Fight the good fight bros!

alnorth
All I've learned from this mess is to immediately trust all tweets about realignment.

It's all over guys.

Its not fire, but it is smoke. All confirmed moves started with a flurry of tweets. So did all debunked rumors.

Its just something to talk about, vs just waiting.

eazyb81
Twitter is definitely the most unreliable website in existence. It might as well be called CoMo.com

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM

WPI would like to have a word with you.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Also it is quite hilarious that ku, KSU, and ISU fans have been reduced to praying Mizzou doesn't go to the SEC, even though us staying is the only way UT and OU will be forced to renegotiate more equitable revenue terms.

bwahahahahaha!

Can't make you up.

alnorth
09-26-2011, 09:08 PM
For what its worth...

some high-postcount seemingly-respected WVU people with mysterious "inside sources" are saying that Oliver Luck informed his coaches tonight that they are going to the SEC, WVU will inform the Big East on Wed, and SEC will announce on Friday.

tk13
09-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Breaking news. Per a monogamous source on twitter, Ozzie Guillen "very likely" to the SEC. Pending approval of the league presidents, of course. He will play in the east division.

Bambi
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
For what its worth...

some high-postcount seemingly-respected WVU people with mysterious "inside sources" are saying that Oliver Luck informed his coaches tonight that they are going to the SEC, WVU will inform the Big East on Wed, and SEC will announce on Friday.

Twitter said Huggins flew to Atlanta today.

teedubya
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
@espn700shep Jason Shepherd

Missouri then stays & BYU gets its stable conference" @973espn: Im hearing #WVU will leave Big East, for SEC expect announcement by weekend"

teedubya
09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
@GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

If #WVU indeed has an offer from the #SEC, then #Mizzou likely feeling a little bit like #Sooners did six nights ago with the #Pac12.

KC native
09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
If WVU is out of the Big East, TCU is a lock to return to the MWC. There's no way in hell we go to the Big East with Pitt, Syracuse, and WVU gone. At least our AD is earning his money.

Pants
09-26-2011, 09:35 PM

:spock:

You guys are most welcome to GTFO and join the Confederate Flag Conference.

Mosbonian
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
It's weird...there is nothing but Twitter talk about WVU.

Just more crap being made up to f*** with everyone?

Reaper16
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
GoldAndBlueZone (http://twitter.com/#%21/GoldAndBlueZone) 97.3 ESPN radio saying it was 10-2 vote for WVU to SEC. Vandy and South Carolina voted against WVU <s class="hash">#</s>wvu (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23wvu)

Reaper16
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
It's been in the cards that Mizzou wasn't going to act on the SEC interest. You could just tell.

Pants
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
It's been in the cards that Mizzou wasn't going to act on the SEC interest. You could just tell.

Which probably means there's going to be equal revenue sharing now that 2 of the 4 schools who voted against it are gone. If that's the case, I think MU did the right thing.

It could also mean that MU had no offer, although I think there was too much smoke for that to be true.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Which probably means there's going to be equal revenue sharing now that 2 of the 4 schools who voted against it are gone. If that's the case, I think MU did the right thing.

It could also mean that MU had no offer, although I think there was too much smoke for that to be true.It means that life sucks. Mizzou loses.

Reaper16
09-26-2011, 10:02 PM

It could also mean that MU had no offer, although I think there was too much smoke for that to be true.
Hearing all the SEC chatter down here in the heart of SEC country, I'm 90% sure that the SEC had heavy interest in Mizzou.

I'm happy. My preference has been what is better for Kansas City over what is better for the University of Missouri. Mizzou staying in the Big XII, with equal revenue sharing, is best for KC.

(and doesn't preclude a future jump to the Big 10 lolololololol)

Pants
09-26-2011, 10:03 PM
It means that life sucks. Mizzou loses.

Well, if there was an offer on the table, the people who know the most about it obviously thought it would be better to stick around. So yeah... either there was no offer or you got the better deal by staying.

alnorth
09-26-2011, 10:04 PM
GoldAndBlueZone (http://twitter.com/#%21/GoldAndBlueZone) 97.3 ESPN radio saying it was 10-2 vote for WVU to SEC. Vandy and South Carolina voted against WVU <s class="hash">#</s>wvu (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23wvu)

That is awfully specific for something reported by ESPN. They sometimes pass on stuff from questionable sources, but you usually don't hear that kind of detail unless its solid. (that, or "goldandbluezone" is making crap up)

DeezNutz
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Well, if there was an offer on the table, the people who know the most about it obviously thought it would be better to stick around. So yeah... either there was no offer or you got the better deal by staying.

I think most Mizzou folks would have far more confidence in the university's leadership if Deaton weren't trying to balance chairing up the Big XII whatever-the-fuck committee and trying to make choices in the best interest of the U of Missouri.

Pants
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I think most Mizzou folks would have far more confidence in the university's leadership if Deaton weren't trying to balance chairing up the Big XII whatever-the-fuck committee and trying to make choices in the best interest of the U of Missouri.

Nothing is official yet anyway, man.

DeezNutz
09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Nothing is official yet anyway, man.

It's pretty much "whatever" at this point for me. The Big XII is unstable, but the money will be there, and it's geographically sensible.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Could be a blessing in disquise for Mizzou football. If the Big 12 expands with the rumored schools, Mizzou might be looking at top 10 program each year because of wins they could be getting and alot of Big 12 North titles.

alnorth
09-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Swaim is claiming to have 2 separate sources, one from WVU, and one from the SEC

alnorth
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
The twitterverse is starting to turn on Swaim and ESPN radio 97.3, mocking them for being the only ones to report on WVU to SEC.

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2011, 11:39 PM

It's quite hilarious that most of us -KSU fans- just want you mutts to make your move so we don't have to listen to you cry about UT, OU, Brady Deaton, LHN, and any and all other aspects of the conference that makes you poor bitches unhappy.

Cry the big cry, sisters of the confederacy.

|Zach|
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ML_yKt_SzvI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WilliamTheIrish
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
For what its worth...

I don't know if WVU to the SEC is true, but that group knew well in advance that they had talked Huggs into leaving KSU during that soap opera. There is a guy or two on that site that has friends in high places.

beer bacon
09-27-2011, 12:18 AM
The guy from 97.3 that started the whole WV to SEC rumor has already recanted. Now he is saying that his sources in WV are hopeful a deal with the SEC will get done.

KCrockaholic
09-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I was really hoping for Mizzou to go to the SEC. Disappointment to me.

09-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Can we update the OP to show what the playing field looks like today? Or is it all still just a bunch of speculation.

patteeu
09-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Hearing all the SEC chatter down here in the heart of SEC country, I'm 90% sure that the SEC had heavy interest in Mizzou.

I'm happy. My preference has been what is better for Kansas City over what is better for the University of Missouri. Mizzou staying in the Big XII, with equal revenue sharing, is best for KC.

(and doesn't preclude a future jump to the Big 10 lolololololol)

That seems to be a minority opinion among Mizzou fans, but that's where I'm at too.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm not buying this WVU to the SEC noise. I guess we'll see if there's an announcement on Wednesday but right now there are more reasons why the SEC wont add and doesn't want WVU than there are reasons for WVU to the SEC to be true.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Can we update the OP to show what the playing field looks like today? Or is it all still just a bunch of speculation.

Mainly speculation.

alnorth
09-27-2011, 07:12 AM
I was really hoping for Mizzou to go to the SEC. Disappointment to me.

Its not a done deal, just mb and twitter chatter. No one knows how good these WVU sources are, and no bigtime legit media is jumping on this yet.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Delay the parade for now, SWCjr fans.

973espn 97.3 ESPN FM
There is nothing concrete as of yet, as I said...hearing #WVU people, the hope from the WVU people is that this will get done.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
LOL, you can't make this shit up.

The Big 12's new commissioner Chuck Neinas, who was supposed to replace the previous UT puppet Dan Beebe, is entering into a new sports joint venture with - you guessed it - UT AD Deloss Dodds.

The dude has been on the job for less than a week and has already made it clear he is another UT-appointed puppet.

LMAO

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/09/26/college.sports.firm.ap/index.html

Interim Big 12 Commissioner Chuck Neinas and Texas Athletic Director DeLoss Dodds will be among the current college administrators serving as advisers in a new venture by a sports consulting firm designed to provide one-stop shopping for athletic programs looking for guidance.

JMI Sports LLC has started the JMI Sports College Division, which will provide universities assistance with everything from finding a new coach to finding a new conference, from dealing with NCAA issues to building a new stadium.

JMI Sports is a San Diego-based firm that assists professional and college teams expand or build sports venues. It was co-founded by John Moores, owner and chairman of the San Diego Padres, and Erik Judson.

Jeff Schemmel, the former athletic director at San Diego State, was hired to be managing director of JMI's college division.

kstater
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
@CNeinas (http://twitter.com/#%21/CNeinas) chuck neinas
When I ran the Big 8, Missouri wasn't so uppity. Maybe it's been all of the success in softball. But it's kind of annoying.

Bambi
09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
When I ran the Big 8, Missouri wasn't so uppity. Maybe it's been all of the success in softball. But it's kind of annoying.

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
College Football Surrenders to the SEC

The rest of college football formally surrendered to the Southeastern Conference Sunday, ending a decades-long war that had become hopelessly one-sided.

The surrender took place just outside Appomattox, Va. SEC officials declined to explain why this site was chosen.

"What began 85 years ago in Pasadena has been finished today," the SEC said in a statement, referring to Alabama's 1926 Rose Bowl victory over Washington, which established Southern schools as a threat. "This is our sport now."

The commissioners of major-college football's other 10 conferences made the decision to capitulate in an emergency conference call Saturday night, following LSU's 47-21 demolition of West Virginia. The rout was the latest in a series of unfortunate encounters between SEC schools and supposedly quality opponents, including LSU-Oregon Sept. 3, Alabama-Michigan State in January and the last five national-title games, only one of which was in doubt at the end.

The terms of the surrender were released by the SEC. They include a number of reforms that seek to restore some dignity to the rest of college football, while giving the SEC its proper due:

The national championship: The Bowl Championship Series title game will continue to be held, but just as a matter of ceremony and to stimulate the economy. The real national-championship game will be designated each year by the SEC. This year it's LSU at Alabama, Nov. 5.

National-championship rematches: The SEC also reserves the right to campaign for an LSU-Alabama rematch in the BCS "title" game if the initial meeting is close and there are no other undefeated major-conference schools at season's end. The rest of college football will not bring up 2006, when SEC partisans pilloried the idea of an Ohio State-Michigan title-game rematch.

The No. 1 ranking: The rest of college football will concede that Oklahoma is not the nation's best team, even though the Sooners were the preseason No. 1, are 3-0 and have won the hardest true road game thus far (at then-No. 5 Florida State). LSU is now No. 1 in the Associated Press rankings, having done even more (beating Oregon in Dallas and West Virginia on the road).

Roster management: SEC programs will conduct seminars on how to use oversigning to build a better roster.

The chant: The SEC will ask its fans to wait until game's end to start chanting "S-E-C!", after the TV cameras have been turned off and the defeated team's fans have filed out of the stadium. This provision was issue No. 1 on the non-Southern schools' agenda. "Our alumni all across the country say the same thing," said an official representing the other major conferences. "Make it stop."

Realignment: West Virginia will remain in the Big East now that it knows what it would be getting into in the SEC. Texas A&M is still welcome to join, and Missouri may be considered as well, although both schools have been reminded that they would be forfeiting the right to ever win another conference championship in football, considering they can't even win an inferior Big 12. (A&M's chances of winning its first Big 12 title since 1998 took a serious hit in the Aggies' 30-29 come-from-ahead loss Saturday to Oklahoma State.)

Revenue sharing: The SEC will seize some TV revenue from the Pac-12, which has somehow wound up getting an average of $250 million annually from ESPN and Fox, while the average annual value of the SEC's deals with ESPN and CBS is about $205 million—even though the SEC has won an unprecedented five straight national titles.

Academics: Supporters of Pac-12, Big Ten and Atlantic Coast Conference schools will stop playing the academics card—that is, that their schools rank higher in research expenditures and reputation than the SEC's do.

Arkansas-Ohio State: Although Ohio State's 2011 Sugar Bowl victory over Arkansas has been vacated because of the Buckeyes' rules violations, and even though Arkansas is no Florida or LSU (i.e., the sort of A-list peer Ohio State should aspire to beat), the SEC will permit Buckeye fans to fondly remember that game. (Although OSU's official bowl record against the SEC remains 0-9.)

The SEC's programs hailed the surrender as a long-overdue acknowledgment of their obvious superiority. The non-Southern teams expressed relief that the nonconference portion of the season is basically over, and that the sides won't meet again for the most part until December and January.

The surrender was quickly ratified by 107 of the 108 non-SEC schools, with Boise State abstaining.

Write to Darren Everson at Darren.Everson@wsj.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204422404576592773857297688.html?mod=djemMTIPOFF_h

brett
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
hahaha the old one has aids, that cracked me up.

Rooster
09-27-2011, 12:07 PM

LMAOLMAO

mnchiefsguy
09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
After reading that the new Big 12 commish is going into business with the Texas AD...screw it, Mizzou just needs to leave. Too much UT incest going on in this conference.

patteeu
09-27-2011, 12:22 PM
After reading that the new Big 12 commish is going into business with the Texas AD...screw it, Mizzou just needs to leave. Too much UT incest going on in this conference.

I think "going into business with" is a little too strong for what is going on there. I'm not even sure it's a new thing. They're both advisors to someone else's business along with several commissioners, ADs, and other college sports figures. I don't know exactly what the arrangement is, but it looks a little like serving on a Board of Directors more than being a party of a business and sharing the profits.

It would be pretty surprising if the other schools in the conference weren't aware of this when they asked Neinas to act as interim commissioner.

Raiderhater
09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
It's quite hilarious that most of us -KSU fans- just want you mutts to make your move so we don't have to listen to you cry about UT, OU, Brady Deaton, LHN, and any and all other aspects of the conference that makes you poor bitches unhappy.

Cry the big cry, sisters of the confederacy.

This.

It amazes me how MU fans want to bitch about Texas and the deal they have when it was Mizzou who gave them the opportunity to get that deal by starting this whole debacle last year.

I've wanted the conference to stay together because it was the best possible scenario for KSU. Now I'm just about to the point I want to see it gone because tired of all the jealousy, inferiority complexes and bickering.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I think "going into business with" is a little too strong for what is going on there. I'm not even sure it's a new thing. They're both advisors to someone else's business along with several commissioners, ADs, and other college sports figures. I don't know exactly what the arrangement is, but it looks a little like serving on a Board of Directors more than being a party of a business and sharing the profits.

It would be pretty surprising if the other schools in the conference weren't aware of this when they asked Neinas to act as interim commissioner.

Would you not agree that even the potential appearance of impropriety is a poor sign given the current Big 12 mess and the common theory that the prior Big 12 Commissioner was a UT puppet?

I don't think the news is a conviction of Neinas, but I do think the timing is terrible for this to make the public rounds.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
This.

It amazes me how MU fans want to bitch about Texas and the deal they have when it was Mizzou who gave them the opportunity to get that deal by starting this whole debacle last year.

Mizzou alone gave UT the power to start LHN? Do tell the details of the latest KSU conspiracy theory.

mnchiefsguy
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM

It might be. But considering his predecessor was ousted for being a Texas man, you would think he would want to avoid any perception of that, especially at the beginning of his tenure.

I am ready for Mizzou to leave the Big XII simply because nothing can ever stay concrete. Anytime OU or UT wanna change the rules, they can and do. Alabama may hold the most power in the SEC, but you don't see them jerking everyone else's chains and changing up the rules. In the SEC, the elite rule on the field, but it appears that off the field the schools are on a much more equal footing than in the BIG XII.

Raiderhater
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Mizzou alone gave UT the power to start LHN? Do tell the details of the latest KSU conspiracy theory.

Didn't say that. I said they gave them the opportunity to get what ever deal they wanted by shaking up the conference with talk of leaving. Before you know it Nebraska and Colorado are gone and Texas gets the deal they want to play conference "saviour".

But Mizzou set it all into motion.

alnorth
09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Would you not agree that even the potential appearance of impropriety is a poor sign given the current Big 12 mess and the common theory that the prior Big 12 Commissioner was a UT puppet?

I don't think the news is a conviction of Neinas, but I do think the timing is terrible for this to make the public rounds.

No, because that is what Neinas does for a living. For some odd reason, he's built this gigantic reputation as a go-to guy if you need to have a national search for an AD or a coach. He has been hired by almost every school in the Big 12 at some point for some reason or another.

If this was something from out of the blue sure maybe it would raise some eyebrows, but since it has been his profession for decades, it is kinda goofy to read anything sinister into it.

mnchiefsguy
09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Didn't say that. I said they gave them the opportunity to get what ever deal they wanted by shaking up the conference with talk of leaving. Before you know it Nebraska and Colorado are gone and Texas gets the deal they want to play conference "saviour".

So Mizzou is responsible because they looked out for their own interest? They should have just kept bending over and taking it just to keep the conference together? (Like Mizzou is soooo important that the BIG XII could not survive without it.)

Can't have it both ways. Either Mizzou is important enough to the conference to keep it together (which means UT and OU need to make relevant concessions to MU needs), or they are not (which means no one should care where Mizzou goes and what Mizzou does.) Which is it?

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Ah, the ole Mizzou ruined the perfect harmony of the Big 12 theory. Gotcha. Carry on.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
No, because that is what Neinas does for a living. For some odd reason, he's built this gigantic reputation as a go-to guy if you need to have a national search for an AD or a coach. He has been hired by almost every school in the Big 12 at some point for some reason or another.

If this was something from out of the blue sure maybe it would raise some eyebrows, but since it has been his profession for decades, it is kinda goofy to read anything sinister into it.

But the original concern many had about Neinas was that he was another Deloss Dodds' puppet. Less than a week after he is announced as the new Big 12 Commissioner, he announces a joint venture with - wait for it - Deloss Dodds. Maybe there really is nothing substantive about it, but perception is reality.

Frazod
09-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Jesus, at this point I hope we stay in the Big XII just so we get to keep stomping the shit out of the Kansas teams. :rolleyes:

alnorth
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM
But the original concern many had about Neinas was that he was another Deloss Dodds' puppet. Less than a week after he is announced as the new Big 12 Commissioner, he announces a joint venture with - wait for it - Deloss Dodds. Maybe there really is nothing substantive about it, but perception is reality.

That concern is dumb.

You are starting a company and your business plan is to market yourself as a consultant that provides expert advice to universities for everything related to college athletics, from compliance to coaching searches.

You hire on one of our nation's leading AD and coaching search guys, and the director of the largest athletic department in the country to provide professional advice.

Obviously these aren't going to be the only two experts this firm is retaining, they probably have dozens, but we're going to pick this coincidence nit for all its worth.

Raiderhater
So Mizzou is responsible because they looked out for their own interest? They should have just kept bending over and taking it just to keep the conference together? (Like Mizzou is soooo important that the BIG XII could not survive without it.)

Can't have it both ways. Either Mizzou is important enough to the conference to keep it together (which means UT and OU need to make relevant concessions to MU needs), or they are not (which means no one should care where Mizzou goes and what Mizzou does.) Which is it?

:spock: Didn't say Mizzou was important to the over all viability of the conference. I said they set into motion the departures that have taken place by trying to do the same (and botching it badly I might add).

I don't know why the school thought they were getting ass raped, Texas didn't have this huge deal until last year. I still think it boils down to jealousy. If you can't beat 'em, leave 'em I guess.....

|Zach|
Ah, the ole Mizzou ruined the perfect harmony of the Big 12 theory. Gotcha. Carry on.

LMAO

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:10 PM
That concern is dumb.

You are starting a company and your business plan is to market yourself as a consultant that provides expert advice to universities for everything related to college athletics, from compliance to coaching searches.

You hire on one of our nation's leading AD and coaching search guys, and the director of the largest athletic department in the country to provide professional advice.

Obviously these aren't going to be the only two experts this firm is retaining, they probably have dozens, but we're going to pick out this coincidence nit for all its worth.

The concern that the Big 12 (Texas) could hire a commissioner that is a Texas puppet - who would replace the prior Texas puppet - is dumb?

Okay al.

Raiderhater
09-27-2011, 01:10 PM

Theory? Is it not fact that Mizzou was the first to look into leaving?

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:14 PM

Is it not fact that there were major structural problems within the Big 12 that created mistrust and selfishness?

If Mizzou was the only one unhappy and everyone else was holding hands and singing Kumbaya, why didn't everyone just kick out Mizzou? Why have three other schools left in the last year? Why were OU and OSU desperately wanting to leave a week ago?

You can't be this stupid, can you?

Frazod
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM

You don't know who initiated it. What if they floated the offer to MU? Was Alden supposed to say "No, we can't do that - somebody in Kansas might get butthurt over it"?

mnchiefsguy
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Actually it is not a fact. I have read in several Nebraska press releases/conferences, etc. about how hard they had worked "over the years" to secure a place in the B1G, and how they felt a "kinship" with Big 10 schools and other B.S. As I recall, many Nebraska fans and the like used that for justification for jumping in and screwing Mizzou in the first place.

Also lost in the whole Big 10 debacle was that no one really knows when Colorado opened their dialogue with the Pac 10. No one really cared at the time, but that deal had to have been discussed well before it happen. Colorado was just under the radar because no one really cared whether they stayed or left.

alnorth
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
JMI Sports has retained 17 advisors

http://www.jmisports.com/college/advisors/

Oh God, wait a sec, I'm starting to see it now... there's 7 people with ties to the PAC 12... 3 with ties to the Big 10... someone from Florida... and oh geez, someone from Texas A&M!!!

Holy crap, Texas is orchestrating everything. They used their evil secret ties to get the PAC 12 to block OU, to get the Big 10 to turn down Mizzou... they are probably taking advantage of their Florida sleeper agents to screw the tigers there, too... all to provide Texas A&M, who they were sick of hearing about every year really, a clear way out while imprisoning the rest of us. And now Neinas has been installed to rule over us all.

We're doomed.

alnorth
09-27-2011, 01:17 PM
The concern that the Big 12 (Texas) could hire a commissioner that is a Texas puppet - who would replace the prior Texas puppet - is dumb?

Okay al.

You are paranoid.

Pants
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
JMI Sports has retained 17 advisors

http://www.jmisports.com/college/advisors/

Oh God, wait a sec, I'm starting to see it now... there's 7 people with ties to the PAC 12... 3 with ties to the Big 10... someone from Florida... and oh geez, someone from Texas A&M!!!

Holy crap, Texas is orchestrating everything. They used their evil secret ties to get the PAC 12 to block OU, to get the Big 10 to turn down Mizzou... they are probably taking advantage of their Florida sleeper agents to screw the tigers there, too... all to provide Texas A&M, who they were sick of hearing about every year really, a clear way out while imprisoning the rest of us. And now Neinas has been installed to rule over us all.

We're doomed.

LMAO

TEXAS PUPPET!!!!!1111

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Also lost in the whole Big 10 debacle was that no one really knows when Colorado opened their dialogue with the Pac 10. No one really cared at the time, but that deal had to have been discussed well before it happen. Colorado was just under the radar because no one really cared whether they stayed or left.

I posted a link to an SI article in the first realignment thread (pre-AIDS) from the early 90's. It was discussing the rise of the superconferences even back then, and mentioned strong rumors of Colorado leaving for the PAC. They had been talking to each other for decades.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
You are paranoid.

Yes, apparently Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, and virtually every national sports writer is paranoid too. We can't see the forest through the trees like random ku fan.

alnorth
09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes, apparently Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, and virtually every national sports writer is paranoid too. We can't see the forest through the trees like random ku fan.

If you are using JMI Sports as your proof that NEINAS, not Beebe, not anyone else, not anything that happened the last couple years, is a Texas puppet...

then yes, you are paranoid.

GO CHARGERS GO!
09-27-2011, 01:24 PM
20-17 ROFL

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:25 PM
If you are using JMI Sports as your proof that NEINAS, not Beebe, not anyone else, not anything that happened the last couple years, is a Texas puppet...

then yes, you are paranoid.

I never said proof. I clearly said it was an appearance of impropriety; certainly a conflict of interest now that Neinas is Big 12 Commissioner.

But of course we have no reason to mistrust Texas. They have no history of attempting to gain uneven power. Good call.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
20-17 ROFL

LMAO

Pants
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I never said proof. I clearly said it was an appearance of impropriety; certainly a conflict of interest now that Neinas is Big 12 Commissioner.

But of course we have no reason to mistrust Texas. They have no history of attempting to gain uneven power. Good call.

LMAO

GTFO then. The SEC is waiting.

Raiderhater
09-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Is it not fact that there were major structural problems within the Big 12 that created mistrust and selfishness?

If Mizzou was the only one unhappy and everyone else was holding hands and singing Kumbaya, why didn't everyone just kick out Mizzou? Why have three other schools left in the last year? Why were OU and OSU desperately wanting to leave a week ago?

You can't be this stupid, can you?

OU proved they wont go with out Texas, who is allegedly THE structural problem you talk about. OU CAN compete with and beat Texas, so they don't mind staying in the same conference. It's everyone else who wants to think themselves on the same level as Texas and gets butt hurt when they aren't treated the same. Go ahead, run off. I hope you do land in the Big 10. You think you have a hard time winning this conference.....

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM

Okay al.

Overacting too much on this one.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
LMAO

GTFO then. The SEC is waiting.

:deevee:

You guys need to have a pow-wow and make up your minds. Do you want to smart and keep us, or do you want to act tough and say you don't need us?

Raiderhater
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
You don't know who initiated it. What if they floated the offer to MU? Was Alden supposed to say "No, we can't do that - somebody in Kansas might get butthurt over it"?

So you are saying that it might have been the Big 10 that expressed interest in Mizzou.... But Nebraska got the invite?

Pants
09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
:deevee:

You guys need to have a pow-wow and make up your minds. Do you want to smart and keep us, or do you want to act tough and say you don't need us?

I'm just laughing at you acting like a vagina. I honestly don't care what MU does. I'm happy if you stay and I'm happy if you leave.

Frazod
So you are saying that it might have been the Big 10 that expressed interest in Mizzou.... But Nebraska got the invite?

I'm sorry - were you in a coma all last summer or something?

DeezNutz
My problem with the interim commissioner is that he's someone with the appearance of being completely out of the loop. He literally did his interview on Game Day from a golf course, by all appearances, and it seems obvious that he was just enjoying retirement.

Cool. No problem.

The problem occurs when he's now being asked to go 0-60 to salvage a complete fucking mess.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
OU proved they wont go with out Texas, who is allegedly THE structural problem you talk about. OU CAN compete with and beat Texas, so they don't mind staying in the same conference. It's everyone else who wants to think themselves on the same level as Texas and gets butt hurt when they aren't treated the same. Go ahead, run off. I hope you do land in the Big 10. You think you have a hard time winning this conference.....

LOL. Actually OU proved they CAN'T go without Texas, even after dominating the conference since its inception. That was a tough pill to swallow for them, but they learned their less and fell back in-line. I hope we do leave, but unfortunately it is probably more likely we will stay.

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm just laughing at you acting like a vagina. I honestly don't care what MU does. I'm happy if you stay and I'm happy if you leave.

Yeah, you clearly don't care what Mizzou does, considering you've posted incessantly in the last two threads over the past month or so even though there have been absolutely zero credible rumors of anyone wanting ku. Clearly.

LMAO

Raiderhater
09-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry - were you in a coma all last summer or something?

Why, did I miss something? :)

Frazod
09-27-2011, 01:36 PM

Please. There's so much estrogen oozing out of Kansas right that we're ankle deep in the run-off.

But I'm happy you're happy. I see many more 6 touchdown losses in your future. Have a ball.

HemiEd
09-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Yeah, pretty much. Pull up a chair and set down, or don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Pants
09-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, you clearly don't care what Mizzou does, considering you've posted incessantly in the last two threads over the past month or so even though there have been absolutely zero credible rumors of anyone wanting ku. Clearly.

LMAO

So because I care about what happens to KU, I care about what happens to MU? Are our fates somehow intertwined? As far as MU goes, I have been an interested observer, that's about it. Sure, I worried about what Texas and OU were planning, but that's because their decisions would affect KU.

You can go back and read me saying that you guys should go to the SEC at one point. Later on you can see me talking how if there's equal revenue sharing and stability is forced, it would probably be better for you guys to stay.

You acting like an asshurt communist pussy has been hilarious, though, so I'm grateful for that.

Pants
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Please. There's so much estrogen oozing out of Kansas right that we're ankle deep in the run-off.

But I'm happy you're happy. I see many more 6 touchdown losses in your future. Have a ball.

Hey, man, I have stayed out of all the shit talking on schools in this thread. You're barking at the wrong tree.