PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Powe, Gregg, and Dorsey

BigCatDaddy
09-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Can it work having these three guys on the line at once somehow in running situations? TJ and anybody else seems like a huge liability at LDE in the run game.

Buckweath
09-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Can it work having these three guys on the line at once somehow in running situations? TJ and anybody else seems like a huge liability at LDE in the run game.

Fred Jackson was really good and inspired yesterday, regardless of our defense.

The Bills averaged just 4.1 YPC, less than what the Chiefs gave to their opponents last year. The rushing defense is no big problem when Berry is in there.

I don't get how people can think the defense was a big problem in this game. The huge problems were Cassell, the playcalling and killing fumbles (turnovers). This defense with Berry is fine, above-average. Without Berry, it's not the same though.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't get how people can think the defense was a big problem in this game. The huge problems were Cassell, the playcalling and killing fumbles (turnovers). This defense with Berry is fine, above-average. Without Berry, it's not the same though.

And thats the problem. A team defense shouldn't be so dependant on just 1 guy. This team needs S, LB, DL.

Baby Lee
09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
And thats the problem. A team defense shouldn't be so dependant on just 1 guy. This team needs S, LB, DL.

The Colts were pretty effing dependent on Sanders in their SB year. Seem to be pretty dependent on Manning right now. Think the Ravens would've gone to the SB without Lewis?

jd1020
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
The Colts were pretty effing dependent on Sanders in their SB year. Seem to be pretty dependent on Manning right now. Think the Ravens would've gone to the SB without Lewis?

The Colts were never dependant on Sanders because he was always injured, hence the reason they cut him. Ofcourse they are dependant on Manning, hes the fucking QB. And yes I do think the Ravens would have gone to the SB without Lewis. They had one of the greatest defenses in history.

Munson
09-12-2011, 08:40 AM
The tackling was atrocious. I was having flashbacks of seeing Eric Warfield and Bernard Pollard playing two hand touch.

Buckweath
09-12-2011, 08:42 AM
The tackling was atrocious. I was having flashbacks of seeing Eric Warfield and Bernard Pollard playing two hand touch.

The tackling was poor but couldn't you guys see Jackson was a total beast out there, regardless of our defense. He just wouldn't go down. Phenomenal game by him I thought.

Ace Gunner
09-12-2011, 08:44 AM

okay, how many of you saw RB Jackson running left during the 1st half? That is Glenn Dorsey's position.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't get how people can think the defense was a big problem in this game.

Did you miss the wide open no-name TE's marching up and down the field? The wide open WR's? Fitz' 4 TD passes? Time in the pocket? The DL getting blown off the line and Jackson carrying multiple defenders on his back?

Baby Lee
09-12-2011, 08:46 AM
The Colts were never dependant on Sanders because he was always injured, hence the reason they cut him. Ofcourse they are dependant on Manning, hes the fucking QB. And yes I do think the Ravens would have gone to the SB without Lewis. They had one of the greatest defenses in history.

Their SB year they started great, then lost Sanders, which led to a losing streak that almost cost them they playoffs, giving up a shit ton of points. Sanders comes back for the playoffs and the D was night/day different

HonestChieffan
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't get how people can think the defense was a big problem in this game. .

I think its an over reaction. Plus not everyone understands it is Our Offenses fault that the Bills scored 41 FREAKING POINTS!

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm glad Pioli is sitting on 30 million of cap room instead of investing in a backup safety that isn't old and slow.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Fred Jackson was really good and inspired yesterday, regardless of our defense.

The Bills averaged just 4.1 YPC, less than what the Chiefs gave to their opponents last year. The rushing defense is no big problem when Berry is in there.

Yeah unlike our Defense to just let TE's run uncovered all day long...

WTF is wrong with these fans?

Yes Cassel sucks, Yes I want him gone just like the rest of you, but everyone is so hell bent on sucking off the haters they refuse to look at other issues with this team...

Crennel and his fucking defense sucks balls... Guys were wide the fuck open all day and we still cant fuckign cover a TE....

ModSocks
09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
How fucking hard is it to find some goddamn safties? We've had this problem since Wesley/Tongue Era. Any game that Eric Berry misses is a game we lose.

oldandslow
09-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm glad Pioli is sitting on 30 million of cap room instead of investing in a backup safety that isn't old and slow.

I resent that remark...I would have accepted a contract for far less than 30 mil and been able to play safety better than pepperoni or whatever his name is.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah unlike our Defense to just let TE's run uncovered all day long...

WTF is wrong with these fans?

Yes Cassel sucks, Yes I want him gone just like the rest of you, but everyone is so hell bent on sucking off the haters they refuse to look at other issues with this team...

Crennel and his ****ing defense sucks balls... Guys were wide the **** open all day and we still cant ****ign cover a TE....

Just because this team misses assignments all day long, has shit safeties besides Berry, and no LB's that can cover a TE is hardly Crennels fault.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Just because this team misses assignments all day long, has shit safeties besides Berry, and no LB's that can cover a TE is hardly Crennels fault.

Two games in a row now that we have totally ignored the TE position.

Playoff game and this game... At some point someone has to step up and do something...

ModSocks
09-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Playoff game and this game... At some point someone has to step up and do something...

It's not like they didn't know they were throwing to him. The whole fucking stadium knew the Bills were going to pass to the TE. Everyone but the fucking Chefs knew it. And yet he's left alone, uncovered, wide fucking open in the end zone.

Just pathetic. Why even bother putting a safety out there?

I STILL can't believe f.a.g.g.y pisscateli made this fucking team.

reschief
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
When I read P. King's comments about the Bucs D-line today, it sounded familiar:

"In the last two drafts, the Bucs picked four defensive linemen in the first two rounds: Gerald McCoy, Brian Price, Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers. Combined, they had five tackles, no sacks, no quarterback pressures on Sunday. Yikes.

In fact, the Bucs had no sacks and no pressures ... against a Detroit offensive line that isn't in the league's upper echelon. That's a bad sign for a team that will live or die on its young defensive stalwarts."

It will be interesting to see how our D-line does against that same O-line this coming sunday.

Rain Man
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I think we should re-sign Shaunard Harts.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 10:02 AM

This game was somewhat like last years first game against SD where SD went at Berry. Berry looked a bit lost covering Gates. Hopefully Houston and Sheffield (did Studebaker even play?) will improve in their pass coverage.

ModSocks
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Hopefully Houston and Sheffield (did Studebaker even play?) will improve in their pass coverage.

The only time I remember seeing Studebaker was in ST. We all thought the Chiefs would start Studebaker, but clearly they prefered The Sheriff.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
This game was somewhat like last years first game against SD where SD went at Berry. Berry looked a bit lost covering Gates. Hopefully Houston and Sheffield (did Studebaker even play?) will improve in their pass coverage.

Shannon Sharpe would still be running if he was playing against the Chiefs right now...

We are talking grob levels of coverage here... Actually this defense looked so familiar.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 10:08 AM
We have zero pass rush outside of Hali. I rarely see any of the defensive linemen get any sort of pressure on the QB.

suds79
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Anybody know why Powe was inactive yesterday?

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Why have Powe be inactive? Yesterday would have been a great game to get him some reps in 4th quarter. I realize the team didn't know it was going to be a blowout, but the kid played fairly well in preseason.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Anybody know why Powe was inactive yesterday?

yes, camp was too hard on him...didn't get enough butt time there so Haley gives him some butt time during the game....part of the new plan on getting players ready to play.

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM
I hate Romeo's conservative defense. I would bring Hali and Houston off the edges on almost every play. Rush the fucking quarterback. Instead, we rushed 3 a lot, or only sent one LB. It was a joke.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I hate Romeo's conservative defense. I would bring Hali and Houston off the edges on almost every play. Rush the ****ing quarterback. Instead, we rushed 3 a lot, or only sent one LB. It was a joke.

Ya man! That will solve our problem of covering a TE!

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I hate Romeo's conservative defense. I would bring Hali and Houston off the edges on almost every play. Rush the fucking quarterback. Instead, we rushed 3 a lot, or only sent one LB. It was a joke.

Yea, only rush the QB with the three guys who can't generate any pressure. Brilliant.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Ya man! That will solve our problem of covering a TE!

We can't cover the tight end when we drop 8 fucking guys into coverage.

Might as well try to put the QB on his ass before he can throw it to the open guy.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
We can't cover the tight end when we drop 8 ****ing guys into coverage.

Might as well try to put the QB on his ass before he can throw it to the open guy.

Except if you rush both edges on almost every play hes already open. Are you going to stick a rocket up both of their asses to get them there on time?

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Except if you rush both edges on almost every play hes already open. Are you going to stick a rocket up both of their asses to get them there on time?

You don't have to cover the TE with the OLB.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:38 AM
You don't have to cover the TE with the OLB.

Oh ya... Send the slower ILB to cover them. Thats an idea...

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Oh ya... Send the slower ILB to cover them. Thats an idea...

Or a safety, or a corner, or zone...

Good talking football with you.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Or a safety, or a corner, or zone...

Good talking football with you.

Good idea... I'm sure a smaller player will do wonders. Sure did work against the Ravens last year.

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Good idea... I'm sure a smaller player will do wonders. Sure did work against the Ravens last year.

Alright. We will just do what we did against the Bills.

LMAO

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Alright. We will just do what we did against the Bills.

LMAO

Its the only thing we can do genius. It's all we have.

We dont have a solid DL. We dont have safeties. We dont have coverage LB's.

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Its the only thing we can do genius. It's all we have.

We dont have a solid DL. We dont have safeties. We dont have coverage LB's.

We don't have a solid D-line, but we should completely rely on them to create a pass rush?

We don't have coverage LB's, but we should drop them into coverage instead of have them rush the QB?

WTF?

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
We don't have a solid D-line, but we should completely rely on them to create a pass rush?

We don't have coverage LB's, but we should drop them into coverage instead of have them rush the QB?

WTF?

How much of a difference do you think a rookie coming off the edge is going to make with no push up the middle? Do you even think?

Blick
09-12-2011, 11:57 AM
How much of a difference do you think a rookie coming off the edge is going to make with no push up the middle? Do you even think?

Are you Romeo's cousin?

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Are you Romeo's cousin?

Awwwww. You done pretending to have an answer?

I'd rather have Houston playing more coverage than mindlessly rushing every play.

Blick
09-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Awwwww. You done pretending to have an answer?

I'd rather have Houston playing more coverage than mindlessly rushing every play.

I'm done talking football with you because you are a mongoloid.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm done talking football with you because you are a mongoloid.

Your only knowledge of football stems from Madden. BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blick
09-12-2011, 12:10 PM
My only knowledge of football stems from Madden. BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

jd1020
09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
:clap:

Except I'm not the one saying "BLITZ."

You are failing so very hard at life right now.

Blick
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Except I'm not the one saying "BLITZ."

You are failing so very hard at life right now.

All I said was to bring 5 instead of 3.

I'm not talking about doing anything crazy.

whoman69
09-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I think its an over reaction. Plus not everyone understands it is Our Offenses fault that the Bills scored 41 FREAKING POINTS!

Yes, its entirely our offense's fault that the Bill's were breaking tackles all day. Its the offense's fault the D couldn't hold them to a FG when the ball was fumbled on the 25. It was entirely the offense's fault that the Bills were wide open with no pressure on the QB.

Granted the offense did them no favors, but the D sucked in their own right.