PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Feeling better today.

Micjones
09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
I left the stadium in the closing moments of the Third Quarter yesterday.
I'd seen enough. Couldn't watch my beloved team being beaten mercilessly by a team like the Buffalo Bills. It hurt my heart to have seen that in person.

The walk back to my car was quiet and swift. I'm pretty sure I didn't say much of anything on the ride home. I heard about 6 minutes of 810's post-game show, avoided CP and just about every Chiefs or NFL-related website and didn't watch another snap of football the rest of the day. I wound up seeing Contagion at an area movie theater.

After hours of pretending yesterday's debacle didn't happen...
I realize that this team was simply unprepared for yesterday's game.
Todd Haley mishandled the Pre-Season and it created the most one-sided season opening game in the history of the franchise. There really is no silver lining there. No way to excuse what happened even though I feel SLIGHTLY better about yesterday's loss. You can NEVER have your football team that ill-prepared to play a Regular Season game. That's a real quick way to shorten up your tenure as a Head Coach.

This team will grow and play better football this season. Hopefully that happens before Week 5 and three more losses. If Haley lets this season get away from him...he may well be out of a job. This is the most important season of career as a Head Coach. Success begets expectation. You win your division. Now everyone wants to know how you'll handle a tougher schedule. Yesterday's game certainly doesn't instill any confidence in the Chiefs fanbase.

So what about you CP? Feel any different?

loochy
09-12-2011, 08:18 AM
I feel like

ZOMG TEH CHEEFS WILL NEVAR WIN ANOTHER GAME EVER IN HISTORY. /certain posters

Actually, the game sucked, but its just a stupid football game. It sucks while it is happening, but once the game is over I stop thinking about it.

Todd Haley mishandled the Pre-Season and it created the most one-sided season opening game in the history of the franchise. There really is no silver lining there. No way to excuse what happened even though I feel SLIGHTLY better about yesterday's loss. You can NEVER have your football team that ill-prepared to play a Regular Season game. That's a real quick way to shorten up your tenure as a Head Coach.

This team will grow and play better football this season. Hopefully that happens before Week 5 and three more losses. If Haley lets this season get away from him...he may well be out of a job. This is the most important season of career as a Head Coach. Success begets expectation. You win your division. Now everyone wants to know how you'll handle a tougher schedule. Yesterday's game certainly doesn't instill any confidence in the Chiefs fanbase.

I definitely agree with this part of your post though.

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Yeah, after 43 years of this kind of crap, I don't let the Chiefs dictate my life anymore. It took about 40 years, but thanks to Herm, I will enjoy the good times, but not going to let the bad times get me down.

Hopefully they make watching the game next week an enjoyable experience.

Micjones
09-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm still gonna have trouble sleeping on Saturday night.
I'll be up early on Sunday morning trying to find something to do to pass the time.
By Noon I'll be right there in front of the telly excited to see this team line it up again.

It's a sickness. I LOVE this team though. No matter what.
But shit needs to change or heads will roll.
I don't wanna see another game like that this season.
Losing is one thing. Being humiliated in your own stadium though? Yeah...no.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Don't take this as me being a smartass because that's not what I'm trying to do... at all.

I believe a lot of people would be much better served if they could find a way to stop letting a game have such a negative affect on them. You can't control it. It doesn't make you a loser if your team loses. It's not worth letting it get to you. Of course it's disappointing when your favorite team loses... I've been a KC sports fan for 42 years... I get it... and I used to get mad and break things when the Chiefs would blow a game or look bad on national tv. It embarassed me and I took it out on inanimate objects and the people around me. I finally realized my own behavior was the embarassing thing and the outcome of a game doesn't make my family of friends think less of me, or cause me any kind of hardship.

Whether you go to the extremes I did or not, it's just not worth letting it ruin your day. The sun still shines, beer still tastes good and there's always another game. The day I let go of it was one of the most liberating days of my life. Now I can watch a game and cheer the good things and often literally laugh at the bad. It's entertainment again for me and I enjoy that.

Just my suggestion.

Go Chiefs/Royals/Jayhawks.

Dartgod
09-12-2011, 08:28 AM
A few years ago, I would have been like you and wouldn't have been able to watch any football the rest of the day.

Today, I couldn't wait to get home to hopefully watch some good games.

EDIT: Good post Beer Me. That was me a few years ago. If the Chiefs lost on Sunday, I was ruined for days.

Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey, I'm sure the conversation in the Chiefs business office this morning went something like this:

Worker 1: "Shit, we got our ass handed to us 41-7 on opening day!"
Worker 2: "Yeah, but we just parked 10,000 cars at $27 a pop, that's $270,000 just for freaking PARKING A CAR."
Worker 1 and 2: "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!"

Old Dog
09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
I had a good time at my tailgate with family and friends and I did my share of getting loud when it was called for. Inasmuch as I don't get to play in the games, I feel that I've done about all I can do.
It used to really chap my ass when they would play like they did yesterday and it would pretty much ruin my day (and sometimes week). I don't know if it's becuase I've gotten older or what but I've finally come to realize that it really isn't that big of a deal.

Micjones
09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Perhaps the day will come when I shrug off losses like the one I witnessed yesterday.
Seems a LONG way off though. I can't recall the last time I was so disgusted with this team. But...I'm ready to see how this group responds.

tooge
09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
A few years ago, I would have been like you and wouldn't have been able to watch any football the rest of the day.

Today, I couldn't wait to get home to hopefully watch some good games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats how I am now. I got to check my fantasy stuff, do some work in the garden, watch the Chargers game (I have Phyllis as my fantasy QB), and make a killer bbq dinner. AND, got to have a few inexpensive beers at home all the while. I think they will be better as the season progresses, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Too many other great things to do this time of year if the Chiefs game is a dog

tooge
09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Thats how I am now. I got to check my fantasy stuff, do some work in the garden, watch the Chargers game (I have Phyllis as my fantasy QB), and make a killer bbq dinner. AND, got to have a few inexpensive beers at home all the while. I think they will be better as the season progresses, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Too many other great things to do this time of year if the Chiefs game is a dog

Having said that, I did throw my hat out the window on the way home. It was a piece of crap hat anyhow.

Coogs
09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
I didn't get too worked up during the game. More like watched it in amazement. And I am looking forward to seeing the game next Sunday.

One thing that did go through my mind during the game yesterday was that we are going to have more home game blackouts this season. And that makes me sad.

Coogs
09-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Don't take this as me being a smartass because that's not what I'm trying to do... at all.

I believe a lot of people would be much better served if they could find a way to stop letting a game have such a negative affect on them. You can't control it. It doesn't make you a loser if your team loses. It's not worth letting it get to you. Of course it's disappointing when your favorite team loses... I've been a KC sports fan for 42 years... I get it... and I used to get mad and break things when the Chiefs would blow a game or look bad on national tv. It embarassed me and I took it out on inanimate objects and the people around me. I finally realized my own behavior was the embarassing thing and the outcome of a game doesn't make my family of friends think less of me, or cause me any kind of hardship.

Whether you go to the extremes I did or not, it's just not worth letting it ruin your day. The sun still shines, beer still tastes good and there's always another game. The day I let go of it was one of the most liberating days of my life. Now I can watch a game and cheer the good things and often literally laugh at the bad. It's entertainment again for me and I enjoy that.

Just my suggestion.

:clap:

billsfan60
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Here's what happened chiefs planet. You got your ass handed to you by a better team. You got out played, out nastied, out coached and out hustled by the team y'all wrote off a week ago today when I first came here to talk some football with your fans and in return got trash talked, cussed at and downright abused by a bunch of foul mouth ignorant fools who couldn't find it in their hearts to have a sensible conversation with a Bills fan. Should be wishing you the best of luck for the rest of the season, but after two tries at being friendly the only thing I wish for you is no serious injuries the rest of the way. Have fun in the basement.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 08:39 AM
I think i feel the worst for you longtime season ticket holders and guys who actually pay good money to go out there all the time. KC Fans deserve better than what they have gotten the past 40 years.

Micjones
09-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Having said that, I did throw my hat out the window on the way home. It was a piece of crap hat anyhow.

I wanted to throw mine, but I just bought it on Friday and I paid $30 for it.
Funny thing is...as pissed as I was...I still wore it to the movie theater that night.

luv
09-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Here's what happened chiefs planet. You got your ass handed to you by a better team. You got out played, out nastied, out coached and out hustled by the team y'all wrote off a week ago today when I first came here to talk some football with your fans and in return got trash talked, cussed at and downright abused by a bunch of foul mouth ignorant fools who couldn't find it in their hearts to have a sensible conversation with a Bills fan. Should be wishing you the best of luck for the rest of the season, but after two tries at being friendly the only thing I wish for you is no serious injuries the rest of the way. Have fun in the basement.

Can you reference your posts that weren't trash talk?

Oh, and kindly go **** yourself.

Have a nice day!

jd1020
09-12-2011, 08:40 AM

I dont even think other Bills fans would agree that they are better than the Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 08:41 AM

:facepalm:

nice, now even Bills fans can talk smack to us. This is the equvilent of a Royals fan talking smack to a Pirates fan.

spanky 52
09-12-2011, 08:42 AM
I used to let a game like this fuck me up for several days afterwards. Yesterday I was actually laughing at the ineptness being displayed. Cassel has to go. Our LB'ers don't tackle very well. Pray to God Berry comes back, there's no depth at S. The OL played ok. Next couple of weeks could be real ugly.

Old Dog
09-12-2011, 08:44 AM
You KNOW it's a troll when Luv tells someone to go fuck themselves, LOL

luv
09-12-2011, 08:45 AM
It's a little harder to get over that easily whenever you have a 2 1/2 hour drive afterward.

We were pulling out of the parking lot about halfway through the fourth quarter. Considering that we had 10 people with seats at various places in the stadium, and didn't coordinate leaving early, we all showed up at the RV within a few minutes of each other.

It was tough. My thing is that I love this place, but I know that it will be in meltdown mode with opposing fans (such as the douche Bills fan that has already shown up in this thread), which makes it very hard to come here after a bad game and not feel worse.

Micjones
09-12-2011, 08:46 AM

They definitely outplayed the Chiefs. No question about that.
They were certainly the better team yesterday.

I wouldn't go throwing myself any parties though. That team still stinks.

lcarus
09-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Hey, I'm sure the conversation in the Chiefs business office this morning went something like this:

Worker 2: "Yeah, but we just parked 10,000 cars at $27 a pop, that's $270,000 just for freaking PARKING A CAR."

And we made a trillion dollars on beer. Watered down tap beer at that! HAHAHAHAHA!

Jenson71
09-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I watched the CBS special on 9/11, about the firefighters. Then I watched the Bush interview on National Geographic. Then I watched coverage of the day on cable news.

Micjones
09-12-2011, 08:48 AM
And we made a trillion dollars on beer. Watered down tap beer at that! HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm not a beer drinker... I glanced over and saw one of the vendors selling beer for $8. 8 bucks? For ONE beer? I thought that was insane. And I don't drink at all.

tooge
09-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I watched parts of the chargers game. Pulled the maters from my garden, cleared a path to my treee stand, cleaned the garage up a bit, grilled some chicken bbq style with fresh veggies, then watched a movie with the wife and kids. Actually a great day.

luv
09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I watched the CBS special on 9/11, about the firefighters. Then I watched the Bush interview on National Geographic. Then I watched coverage of the day on cable news.

I did too. Great piece. I tuned in to watch a little bit of the Sunday night game afterward, but I was in bed asleep by 10:30, which is early for me.

Other than the game, I actually had a great weekend.

cookster50
09-12-2011, 08:50 AM

You should be tarred and feathered for littering.

billsfan60
09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
:facepalm:

nice, now even Bills fans can talk smack to us. This is the equvilent of a Royals fan talking smack to a Pirates fan.

look at he scoreboard Cricket!!!

luv
09-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Don't forget the RV's and other bigger vehicles that get charged $65 to park now.

luv
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM

So, tell me, are all Bills fans as classless as you?

cookster50
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM

At least you have a good handle on how to properly structure a sentence.

tooge
09-12-2011, 08:53 AM
You should be tarred and feathered for littering.

It landed in the parking lot of the strip joint on 40 Hwy. Some skank will be wearing it this morning.

tecumseh
09-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Wow,they sell computers to chimps now. Hmm, talk about rise of the apes.

Messier
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM

Will the Bills challenge for the division?

blaise
09-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Hooray for you on your march to 6-10.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-12-2011, 09:06 AM

Dust your trophy case.

HonestChieffan
09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I wont have to sit in my deer stand and wonder about the outcome this season. Sort of makes me relaxed and all warm feeling.

Bearcat
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM

Just my suggestion.

Yep... and as you probably know, it's not easy to go from the extreme of letting a game you have no control over ruin your afternoon/day/week to being able to enjoy the wins & easily forget the losses; but it makes football season much more enjoyable.

There were a few Bills fans cracking jokes behind us yesterday, saying they were going to the Super Bowl, etc... when we got up to leave, one of them yelled 'YEEEAAAAH... uh, sorry', and I told them "Good luck in the Super Bowl, and no matter how obnoxious you want to be, you can't possibly be worse than the Raiders fans who sat there last year." Granted, I did want to punch the Raider fans in the face last year, the Bills fans were just having a good time (they were just as surprised at the score as we were, and weren't trying to rub it in like the idiot Raider fans) and it's not worth getting worked up over.

This loss sucked a little more than usual, since I thought they would at least be prepared enough to be competitive with the freakin' Bills (who obviously didn't do anything special), and personally, I'm more ticked off for the financial aspect of paying for 6 games this year (but, I'll give that a few more weeks to see if they can get it together).

BigRichard
09-12-2011, 09:20 AM

Yes, our team is an abortion. But we got it out of the way early. The Bills are more like a partial birth abortion. They are going to wait till later.

cookster50
09-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Dust your trophy case.

Not really the kind of smack a Chiefs fan is able to get away with.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Yep... and as you probably know, it's not easy to go from the extreme of letting a game you have no control over ruin your afternoon/day/week to being able to enjoy the wins & easily forget the losses; but it makes football season much more enjoyable.

It did take me a little while to complete the process of letting it go... wasn't overnight, but it happened. Actually I went an entire year without watching a game (helped by the fact that I had a part-time job on Sundays) so I suppose that made the disconnect easier. If I were able to sit there and watch each game it would have no doubt been harder.

Once I didn't watch that entire season I was kind of over it... still a fan like now... but I'm ok if I can't or don't watch. I've just tried to keep things in perspective and it's now become second nature to not get too caught up. Enjoy the wins... the losses are forgotten the minute the game is over.

I was able to watch yesterday with a "holy crap what's going to happen next" attitude rather than a "holy shit we suck I'm gonna kill something" frame of mind and I like that.

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah, after 43 years of this kind of crap, I don't let the Chiefs dictate my life anymore. It took about 40 years, but thanks to Herm, I will enjoy the good times, but not going to let the bad times get me down.

Hopefully they make watching the game next week an enjoyable experience.

Next week... ha ha ha, you planning to watch next week. Staff and CJ will put on 500 and 250. LOL, cannot wait to see that and another meltdown here :hmmm:

Buffalo Stampede!!
09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Sorry we ruined your day and embarassed your overrated Chiefs so bad. Quit your whining and move on. I looked at past threads that billsfan60 was in and see alot of comments about his mother from you classless losers. Thanks for the entertainment KC. Scoreboard doesnt lie and we won my a pretty huge margin.

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:50 AM

There were a few Bills fans cracking jokes behind us yesterday, saying they were going to the Super Bowl, etc... when we got up to leave, one of them yelled 'YEEEAAAAH... uh, sorry', and I told them "Good luck in the Super Bowl, and no matter how obnoxious you want to be, you can't possibly be worse than the Raiders fans who sat there last year." Granted, I did want to punch the Raider fans in the face last year, the Bills fans were just having a good time (they were just as surprised at the score as we were, and weren't trying to rub it in like the idiot Raider fans) and it's not worth getting worked up over.

This loss sucked a little more than usual, since I thought they would at least be prepared enough to be competitive with the freakin' Bills (who obviously didn't do anything special), and personally, I'm more ticked off for the financial aspect of paying for 6 games this year (but, I'll give that a few more weeks to see if they can get it together).

Punching someone is bad, You need some anger management

cookster50
09-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Next week... ha ha ha, you planning to watch next week. Staff and CJ will put on 500 and 250. LOL, cannot wait to see that and another meltdown here :hmmm:

shuddup n00b

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I wanted to throw mine, but I just bought it on Friday and I paid $30 for it.
Funny thing is...as pissed as I was...I still wore it to the movie theater that night.

Yeah in Kansas $30 gets you what a month of groceries, you cannot do throw it away. And i know you losers are good with adjusting to losing as it is a habit for you all for last 40+ years. This is just a pre-season style warm up to you all to what is coming next week.

luv
09-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry we ruined your day and embarassed your overrated Chiefs so bad. Quit your whining and move on. I looked at past threads that billsfan60 was in and see alot of comments about his mother from you classless losers. Thanks for the entertainment KC. Scoreboard doesnt lie and we won my a pretty huge margin.

I'm sorry. Why are you here?

cookster50
Yeah in Kansas $30 gets you what a month of groceries, you cannot do throw it away. And i know you losers are good with adjusting to losing as it is a habit for you all for last 40+ years. This is just a pre-season style warm up to you all to what is coming next week.

Tebow

luv

Do you talk football at all?

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I used to let a game like this **** me up for several days afterwards. Yesterday I was actually laughing at the ineptness being displayed. Cassel has to go. Our LB'ers don't tackle very well. Pray to God Berry comes back, there's no depth at S. The OL played ok. Next couple of weeks could be real ugly.

As i said in another thread, you all are losers anyway and should not take this too dearly to your heart. I dont know why some of you all were over reacting, cheifs are born to lose and you all to support those losers.

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Do you talk football at all?

Not with losers :deevee:

luv
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Not with losers :deevee:

Okay, so....why are you here?

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:57 AM
shuddup n00b

ha ha ha, you need some anger management lessons as well. dont throw your laptop away. You cannot afford it. I heard from someone else $30 goes a long way in kansas city

ct
09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
What I enjoyed most yesterday was Chan Gailey putting Tyler Thigpen in for mop up duty, totally rubbing Haley's face in the pile of shit his team squatted on the field yesterday.

Now we see how this team responds. Either they man up and fight back, or they accept a losing season w/out much effort. In a sick kind of way, this organization can still win both ways. So either we can be proud of our team for fighting back, or we can face the facts that Haley needs replaced, and likely Cassel with him.

No I am not one of those fans who gets kicks from watching my team fail so I can just trash them on a BB, like so many others on this place. I was thoroughly disgusted with that game yesterday. But if I must endure some ugliness to cut dead weight and find the right HC, bring it on, I can take it.

We do need to face the music here tho. Most of us already have. Last year was a mirage. Fun as hell, but this team is not that good yet. Yes I still say yet, I still have hope, just not for this year really. This was one of the games we had to have just to get a 'step back to continue building' season, and they blew it bigtime!

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Okay, so....why are you here?

If you want to lose 108 lbs. how fat are you ?

tooge
09-12-2011, 10:01 AM
If you want to lose 108 lbs. how fat are you ?

Mods, trash out please!

ClevelandBronco
09-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Dust your trophy case.

Ain't nothin' but Lamars on that bitch anyway.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-12-2011, 10:02 AM
LMAO

It's so cute when Bills fans feel tough for the first time in years. They've been like sexually frustrated nymphs for so long they just can't help one big orgasm now that they finally won a game. It would be pathetic if it weren't so funny.

Lzen
09-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Mods, can we get a troll cleanup on aisle 6?

BroncosBuff
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Mods, trash out please!

Oh i forgot, you can never question what is fact on chiefs planet. :banghead:

Titty Meat
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I thought this team had turned the corner for the first time since 2007 a loss stung. The only thing that has helped is if we continue to play this we will get Andrew Luck. I'd trade 1 horrible year for a decade of division titles.

tooge
09-12-2011, 10:08 AM

Hey dumbass, it's a bulleting board, a Chiefs bulletin board. Talk all the smack you want from your 4-12 Bronco's to our Chiefs. It really doesn't hurt, despite what you think. Make all the "$30 goes a long way in KC" statements you want. It doesn't hurt either. In fact, I'm proud to be able to live on 25 acres of land only 20 minutes from the stadium. I'm proud to be able to get to and from work without traffic. I'm proud to live in KC. However, if you use this board for personal attacks on someone you know nothing about, you deserve to get your ass banned. Bye.

blaise
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM

The fact is you're a douche.

blaise
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
ha ha ha, you need some anger management lessons as well. dont throw your laptop away. You cannot afford it. I heard from someone else $30 goes a long way in kansas city

It buys an hour with your mom.

seclark
09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
we had about 50 people at our place to watch the air show put on at the airport next to our property. i had the radio on in the garage('sup donger?) tuned to the game. after the opening kickoff fumble, and the penalty on the first defensive play we all just went out in the yard and sat in chairs, watching the planes and parachutes. somewhere along the afternoon, someone pulled the plug on the radio...game was over before it started.

i'll try it again next week.
sec

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2011, 10:13 AM
we had about 50 people at our place to watch the air show put on at the airport next to our property. i had the radio on in the garage('sup donger?) tuned to the game. after the opening kickoff fumble, and the penalty on the first defensive play we all just went out in the yard and sat in chairs, watching the planes and parachutes. somewhere along the afternoon, someone pulled the plug on the radio...game was over before it started.

i'll try it again next week.
sec

Hanging out in your garage?

diqlix
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
I left the stadium in the closing moments of the Third Quarter yesterday.
I'd seen enough. Couldn't watch my beloved team being beaten mercilessly by a team like the Buffalo Bills. It hurt my heart to have seen that in person.

The walk back to my car was quiet and swift. I'm pretty sure I didn't say much of anything on the ride home. I heard about 6 minutes of 810's post-game show, avoided CP and just about every Chiefs or NFL-related website and didn't watch another snap of football the rest of the day. I wound up seeing Contagion at an area movie theater.

If it makes you feel any better, the Bills are going to make the playoffs this year. They have a good defense, and an offense that can score points in the bunches. And their ST has been top 10 for years.

They lost to Pitt, Baltimore, and KC by only 3 points last year. This wasn't and isn't a 4-12 team. They'll win 10-11 games.

Tombstone RJ
09-12-2011, 10:21 AM

Your absolutely right, this was just one of those flukey games. :)

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2011, 10:28 AM
In response to the OP,i don't feel any "better" about the game...and by game I mean the season. The vultures are starting to circle and I don't think KC wins a game before the bye week. In any case a losing season is going to hurt in the long run where the team will do probably cut bait on coaching / players and we'll be looking at another rebuild in the next 2-3 seasons. I don't see how the Chiefs can hold on to talent like Brandon Flowers/Carr, Bowe, and how long guys they have signed like JC and Tamba be effective before the team will be a legit postseason contender.

Oh well. I won't miss a home game this season if only to get my kicks out of people heckling the shit out of the bench... That is before a fan is ejected for yelling non-profanities by an non-police non-security employee.

seclark
09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Hanging out in your garage?

either there or a deer stand.
sec

Hammock Parties
09-12-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm not feeling any better at all.

I'm not looking forward to Detroit.

I'll be shocked if we don't start 0-3 and even more shocked if we don't wind up 6-10 or worse.

luv
09-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Mods, trash out please!

I hope he was banned for his obvious trolling with no intent of talking anything about football, and not just by calling me fat. It's a fact, so I don't consider it a personal attack (even though I know that's how he meant it).

Crush
09-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm not feeling any better at all.

I'm not looking forward to Detroit.

I'll be shocked if we don't start 0-3 and even more shocked if we don't wind up 6-10 or worse.

I am. I really want Suh to kill Cassel. As soon as that no-talent ass clown is no longer the QB for my team, I will be supremely happy.

Okie_Apparition
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Yesterday was the sour
sweet will return

gblowfish
09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Have you guys checked out Arrowhead Pride website?

Man, that site is the absolute opposite extreme from the CP.

Where here, people tend to go full tilt scorched earth after a game like yesterday, over there it's all Little Mary Sunshine, "Remain Calm, All is Well" blind homerism.

Man, talk about re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic!

tooge
09-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I remember wanting Grbac to get hurt in the hopes Gannon would take us to the promised land. Then Gannon goes to Oakland. I'm not really wanting Cassel to get hurt cuz I have no faith whatsoever in Palko, and Stanzi is a year or two away IF he even has "it". Either way, hopefully this was an abomination and we will see improvement and get to enjoy more good games than bad this year, but if this is the norm, gonna be a long year and we'll be looking at a new HC next year. New HCs love drafting their own QBs too. Just sayin.

blaise
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Yesterday was the sour
sweet will return

Blandness will probably return.

cdcox
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
2005 is the last time I really got emotionally invested in the Chiefs. The losses to the Eagles and Cowboys were really hard to take that year. Since then either Herm or Cassel has been a key component of the team, and I never expected the Chiefs to do much with either one in such key positions. If I come to believe that we have a good chance to contend for a SB somewhere down the road, a late season loss could really hurt again. But I've been a kind of interested skeptic for the last several years.

Okie_Apparition
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Blandness will probably return.

Yes Cassel is a major fucking problem

Graystoke
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM
After being a Chiefs Fan for 48 Years I take the losses better then I used to.
However I have this sinking feeling I was born into a franchise that will never win the big one while I am alive.
I am fucking sick of it.
The best fans in the NFL and we get this shit.