PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peter King MMQB...

Coogs
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
5. I wouldn't go too far in burying Sunday's bad teams. The Manning-less Colts are one thing. But some of the teams we've seen be very good and who haven't had major injuries to sully their seasons --Pittsburgh and Atlanta, for instance -- aren't going 4-12. They had bad Sundays. A Ben Roethlisberger team isn't going to turn it over seven times again this year. The Falcons are going to fix their protection issues. The 2003 Patriots opened with a 31-0 loss at Buffalo, and then won 17 of their final 18, including the Super Bowl. Bury teams at 0-4 or 1-5, not 0-1.

6. Having said that, I do not like what I see out of the Chiefs. Kansas City had a bad summer on the field, never looked in sync on either side of the ball, lost Matt Cassel's best weapon (tight end Tony Moeaki) to a season-ending knee injury, and was powerless to stop the Bills in the worst home-opening defeat, 41-7, in franchise history. Bad signs abound in KC.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/index.html#ixzz1XkukUoUy

WhiteWhale
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Moeaki is Cassel's top weapon?

Sure-Oz
09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Moeaki is Antonio Gates?

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 10:22 AM

For sure was his go to guy and someone that could bail him out...

Coogs
09-12-2011, 10:23 AM

Apparently. Pope seemed to be his favorite yesterday.

Pants
Peter King loves the taste of anything New England cock in his mouth. It wasn't Cassel's fault, it's just that Tony Moe was injured...

WhiteWhale
For sure was his go to guy and someone that could bail him out...

True, but I'm pretty sure our top weapon is the guy who led the NFL in TD receptions.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 10:24 AM
When King visited KC's camp this summer he came back with glowing reports on Moeaki. He wrote about KC using Moeaki a lot and having designed a large portion of the offense around him.

Tombstone RJ
09-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Don't listen to Petey, there's nothing to see here, move along please, move along...

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 10:26 AM
True, but I'm pretty sure our top weapon is the guy who led the NFL in TD receptions.

I think your missing the point.. Not surprised...

TEX
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I agree with Peter King. (Can't believe I said that). While EVERYONE is bashing Cassel and Haley and the offense in general, nobody is mentioning the fact that the _efense could not stop the Bills most of the day. It wasn't due to a few busted plays either - but rather it was a methodical mauling by the Bills offense all day long. The D-line was no-show (as usual), the secondary looked like it did in '07 and basically the Chiefs all just looked like they were a bunch spectators. Where were the adjustments? For that matter, where was ANYTHING? Had anyone told me that Gunther Cunningham was running the defense, I wouldn't have argued. They looked pathetic.

Rooster
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
2011 Chiefs = 2003 Pats....

pr_capone
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
6. Having said that, I do not like what I see out of the Chiefs. Kansas City had a bad summer on the field, never looked in sync on either side of the ball, lost Matt Cassel's best weapon (tight end Tony Moeaki) to a season-ending knee injury, and was powerless to stop the Bills in the worst home-opening defeat, 41-7, in franchise history. Bad signs abound in KC.

:spock:

Don't get me wrong, I seriously dig Moeaki. #81 is my gameday jersey of choice. But to say that Moeaki is Casshole's BEST weapon?!?!?!

I know that Bowe dissapeared this past game but really?

Phobia
09-12-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree with Peter King. (Can't believe I said that). While EVERYONE is bashing Cassel and Haley and the offense in general, nobody is mentioning the fact that the _efense could not stop the Bills most of the day. It wasn't due to a few busted plays either - but rather it was a methodical mauling by the Bills offense all day long. The D-line was no-show (as usual), the secondary looked like it did in '07 and basically the Chiefs all just looked like they were a bunch spectators. Where were the adjustments? For that matter, where was ANYTHING? Had anyone told me that Gunther Cunningham was running the defense, I wouldn't have argued. They looked pathetic.

It was awful. Agree with all of this.

WhiteWhale
09-12-2011, 10:31 AM
I think your missing the point.. Not surprised...

Was Moeaki Cassel's primary passing target last season?

No?

What is there to miss? It's a factually incorrect statement.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't know what is more insulting...yesterday's game, or the fact that the national media barely made mention of the performance, like it was expected.

Coogs
09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
It was awful. Agree with all of this.

Me too! And barring something miraculous these next few weeks, we are staring that 0-4, 1-5 record right in the face. And then our schedule turns for the worse. Not good.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Completely agree...total team meltdown. Not one phase looked good.

salame
09-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Moeaki is Antonio Gates?

if you ask bosschief

Rain Man
09-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Bah. We were three plays from winning this game.

On three of the Buffalo TDs, if we would've gotten a turnover and returned it for a touchdown the final score would've been KC 28, Buffalo 20.

Three plays is all we needed.

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't know what is more insulting...yesterday's game, or the fact that the national media barely made mention of the performance, like it was expected.

Oh noze! The national media is not showing the Chiefs the proper amount of disrespect thus disrespecting them!:cuss:

LMAO

CoMoChief
09-12-2011, 10:59 AM

we score 7 pts.

While the defense is also to blame.....the offense and Cassel looked terrible against GB's 2nd-3rd stringers......but, it was only pre-season.

There wasn't anything from yesterday that is making me believe that the pre-season mishaps aren't justified. This team isn't ready, not by a long shot. In fact this team is getting worse by the day.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh noze! The national media is not showing the Chiefs the proper amount of disrespect thus disrespecting them!:cuss:

LMAO
Normally I don't really care what the media says, and I understand why they largely ignore the Midwest, but man, at least talk about how terrible we looked. :)

Okie_Apparition
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Someone let Peter Kings' slaw touch his burnt ends
**** YOU GATES **** YOU

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree with Peter King. (Can't believe I said that). While EVERYONE is bashing Cassel and Haley and the offense in general, nobody is mentioning the fact that the _efense could not stop the Bills most of the day. It wasn't due to a few busted plays either - but rather it was a methodical mauling by the Bills offense all day long. The D-line was no-show (as usual), the secondary looked like it did in '07 and basically the Chiefs all just looked like they were a bunch spectators. Where were the adjustments? For that matter, where was ANYTHING? Had anyone told me that Gunther Cunningham was running the defense, I wouldn't have argued. They looked pathetic.Bullshit.

The D only actually gave up 10 pts in the first half.

Turnovers and a complete inept QB is what lost this game.

If the Chiefs are moving the ball and scoring points, Buffalo isn't.

WV
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM

I'd totally agree with you except for the fact that the Defense isn't supposed to play 60 minutes.....no defense would look good in that position. They weren't good, poor fundamentals, lack of adjustments, but again no defense will look good for 60 minutes.

The Franchise
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Bullshit.

This.

Cassel and McCluster fucked the defense from the start.

Fat Elvis
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Bah. We were three plays from winning this game.

On three of the Buffalo TDs, if we would've gotten a turnover and returned it for a touchdown the final score would've been KC 28, Buffalo 20.

Three plays is all we needed.

...and we would of had those if Berry hadn't been injured.

pr_capone
09-12-2011, 11:53 AM
This.

Cassel and McCluster ****ed the defense from the start.

Ok.

McCluster fumbled the kickoff and that sucked. Took the wind out of our sails and everything. Absolutely agreed. But, shit like that will happen from time to time and a good team overcomes a bad start like that. KC is not a good team.

To put the ass whipping we took on McCluster is silly. Lay those 7 points on him just like you would any other player. Had Breston fumbled the first pass of the game putting the Bills up by 7, no one here would be calling for his head.

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Normally I don't really care what the media says, and I understand why they largely ignore the Midwest, but man, at least talk about how terrible we looked. :)

You have to admit, this is funny as hell if you look at it objectively. :eek:

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Bullshit.

It was a complete team abomination - coaching, offense, defense and STs. I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to place the blame on two players.