PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock comes down hard on Chiefs

Hammock Parties
09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-truths-carolina-panthers-cam-newton-needs-to-ignore-hype-after-amazing-debut-091211

Surprise! The rest of the column is mostly about Cam Newton, and quite good. Cam threw for 422 yesterday if you missed it.

4. The Chiefs might be the worst-coached, most unprepared team in quite a long time.

In his continued effort to establish himself as an outside-the-box-thinking genius, Todd Haley concocted a post-lockout scheme of using the preseason as a conditioning program rather than preparation for actual games.

When team president/general manager Scott Egoli figured out how bad Haley’s preseason plan was hurting season-ticket sales and put an end to the experiment, Haley overreacted and played his starters nearly the entire game in Kansas City’s final exhibition. The Chiefs still lost to the Packers, and Tony Moeaki, the team’s promising tight end, suffered a season-ending knee injury.

Fast-forward to Sunday’s season opener. The clueless and direction-less Chiefs got pimp-slapped by the Buffalo Bills at Arrowhead Stadium. In what was supposed to be the easiest game of the season, the Chiefs lost by 34 points at home.

KC has the worst defensive and offensive lines in the NFL. Protection for mediocre quarterback Matt Cassel is going to be a problem all year. Protection for linebackers Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali is going to be a problem all year.

The Chiefs are my leader in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and a front-runner in the pursuit of Bill Cowher. Chiefs owner Clark Hunt can’t fill his newly renovated stadium with Todd Haley and Scott Egoli in control of the franchise.

Sound you're hearing is local and national sports media removing their heads from Scott Egoli's ass.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2011, 11:42 AM
KC has the worst defensive and offensive lines in the NFL.

Did Jason watch the game? The pass protection was fine, run blocking was OK.

tymania
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I dont think we get Cowher without Pioli, when that time comes...

Okie_Apparition
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
So Whitlock hogs inbetween Gailey & Guns revenge tour

WV
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...not the Bill "fucking overrated" Cowher talks again!

4th and Long
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-truths-carolina-panthers-cam-newton-needs-to-ignore-hype-after-amazing-debut-091211

Surprise! The rest of the column is mostly about Cam Newton, and quite good. Cam threw for 422 yesterday if you missed it.

It's a shame Newton's efforts were for a losing cause

Okie_Apparition
09-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Cowher has pre-Pioli Chiefs connections(Peterson stink). Don't see it, or maybe just don't want to

Mojo Jojo
09-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I dont think we get Cowher without Pioli, when that time comes...
Cowher won't take any job if has to deal with an ego like Pioli. The Chin doesn't want to answer to anyone but the owner.

blaise
09-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Whitlock also comes down hard on chairs.

pr_capone
09-12-2011, 11:54 AM

LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 12:09 PM
:facepalm: to Cowher...

this is 2011 not late 1990s....

Sofa King
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Well this article was a waste of that fat bastard's time.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
"When team president/general manager Scott Egoli figured out how bad Haley’s preseason plan was hurting season-ticket sales and put an end to the experiment, Haley overreacted and played his starters nearly the entire game in Kansas City’s final exhibition."

Whitlock is hitting new lows. Someone should tell him it was Haley's plan all along.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
:facepalm: to Cowher...

this is 2011 not late 1990s....

Whats the difference?

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Whats the difference?

Youre right...

It was no then and still is no now... No difference.

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
In fairness, we have but one sample to judge Haley's conditioning/preseason plan.

This is a 16 game schedule, not one game. Yes, they looked like hammered shit yesterday, but lets look at a larger sample size before we give up.

I don't think they are as good as many think, and they sure aren't as bad as they looked yesterday.

Oh, and Shitlock, Moeaki was hurt early in the second quarter along with Cassel. I was at the game, and only selected starters played deep into the game. Since they hadn't played much in the previous three, they needed to get some rust off. Many of the Packer players played deep also.

FloridaMan88
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
"When team president/general manager Scott Egoli figured out how bad Haley’s preseason plan was hurting season-ticket sales and put an end to the experiment, Haley overreacted and played his starters nearly the entire game in Kansas City’s final exhibition."

Whitlock is hitting new lows. Someone should tell him it was Haley's plan all along.

Was a 41-7 smackdown to Buffalo part of Haley's plan all along as well?

FloridaMan88
09-12-2011, 12:19 PM
In fairness, we have but one sample to judge Haley's conditioning/preseason plan.

This is a 16 game schedule, not one game. Yes, they looked like hammered shit yesterday, but lets look at a larger sample size before we give up.

I don't think they are as good as many think, and they sure aren't as bad as they looked yesterday.

Oh, and Shitlock, Moeaki was hurt early in the second quarter along with Cassel. I was at the game, and only selected starters played deep into the game. Since they hadn't played much in the previous three, they needed to get some rust off.

Have you looked at the schedule? The next two games for the Chiefs are at Detroit and at San Diego.

Can you say 0-3 by the end of September?

jd1020
09-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Youre right...

It was no then and still is no now... No difference.

What makes him a no? Is it the fact that teams with defensive minded coaches dont fair well all of a sudden?

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Whitlock also comes down hard on buffets...

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Have you looked at the schedule? The next two games for the Chiefs are at Detroit and at San Diego.

No, where would I find a copy of the schedule? Is it published? Darn it, so we already lost to our cupcake? We are doomed! We are now the cupcake!

Okie_Apparition
09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden..:Lin:

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
What makes him a no? Is it the fact that teams with defensive minded coaches dont fair well all of a sudden?

1) his face

2) coaching style

3) his chin

4) shit he has been gone so long and not really missed... I cant think of anything else...

Bob Dole
Was a 41-7 smackdown to Buffalo part of Haley's plan all along as well?

It was the "character building" phase of The Plan.

The Plan

Phase I: Conditioning
Phase II: Character Building
Phase III: Reduce Stadium Revenues

jd1020
1) his face

2) coaching style

3) his chin

4) shit he has been gone so long and not really missed... I cant think of anything else...

Good argument. You don't want him because of his looks. Solid.

Bob Dole
09-12-2011, 12:24 PM
No, where would I find a copy of the schedule? Is it published? Darn it, so we already lost to our cupcake? We are doomed! We are now the cupcake!

Bob Dole is really fond of Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.

LOCOChief
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM

I've read your posts over a period of time and I'm always left wondering who your team is, is it the Raiders?
And why is your name KCChiefsfan88?
Please don't try telling me you're a Chiefs fan.

Calcountry
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Did Jason watch the game? The pass protection was fine, run blocking was OK.This is my take on the Game, for what it's worth:

It's Christmas day(Football back), and you tear into that big package that you know has something really cool in it. Socks(fumble opening kickoff).

Then it got worse, there were underwear in the next package, then a pooper scooper in the next.

I am really looking forward to New Years.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Good argument. You don't want him because of his looks. Solid.

Very Solid sarcasm...

Cowher falls under that Marty bush with guys like Herm and such... Never was a fan, still not a fan. He has a tendency to out Marty/Herm himself..

I prefer a coaching TREE with roots and absolutely nothing that involves Martys bush...

58kcfan89
09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Someone brought this up yesterday, figured I'd throw it out there as well. How long did it take using Kordell Stewart as his QB before he decided to draft Ben? And it took him until his last season to win a title, in one of the most controversial games in recent memory. That scares me.

Then again, I'm just not a huge fan of retread hires for the most part...

Lex Luthor
09-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Someone brought this up yesterday, figured I'd throw it out there as well. How long did it take using Kordell Stewart as his QB before he decided to draft Ben? And it took him until his last season to win a title, in one of the most controversial games in recent memory. That scares me.

Retread hires occasionally work out pretty well. Just ask the Patriots.

And despite all the hate he gets around here, Schottenheimer was a damn good hire at the time he was hired here.

Lex Luthor
09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
And by the way, Whitlock is an idiot. Every time he types "Egoli" his IQ goes down two more points.

Bwana
09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
The only thing the round one forgot, was to pimp Jeff George.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd gladly suck this year to get a franchise QB. Let's not kid ourselves people, teams that don't have them don't have a chance.

ct
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Shocking, fatlock taking a perfect opportunity to 'pimp-slap' haley, egoli, and the chefs. I am in total disbelief...

by the way fatlock, you want people to stop being racist? don't write your own column using the phrase 'pimp-slap'.

Ace Gunner
09-12-2011, 01:08 PM
How about Cowher next year. Then Gruden the next. Then Shanny the next.

Ya. Look at the lights. Shiny.

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 01:11 PM
The only thing the round one forgot, was to pimp Jeff George.

Oh it's in there, you just have to play the record backwards.

whoman69
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
How about Cowher next year. Then Gruden the next. Then Shanny the next.

Ya. Look at the lights. Shiny.

No for all three. There has never been a Super Bowl winning coach that has won with another team. Normally they are a fail in the new surroundings.

BigCatDaddy
09-12-2011, 01:19 PM

Don't forget the Tommy Maddox experiment.

Lex Luthor
09-12-2011, 01:25 PM
The Chiefs had a chance to do what the Jets did: Hire Rex Ryan and draft Mark Sanchez. Just think how nice THAT would be.

After the Chiefs go 2-12 and Haley gets fired, Pioli needs to hire Rob Ryan and draft whatever QB is there when we pick.

hahaaa
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
yeaah this game was bad the chiefs couldnt move the ball against the back ups

Ace Gunner
09-12-2011, 02:15 PM
No for all three. There has never been a Super Bowl winning coach that has won with another team. Normally they are a fail in the new surroundings.

ya, I'm with you man. I was just joking the instant generation.