PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Fatty wants some White Castle

DaKCMan AP
09-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Man Sues White Castle Over Booth Size

Even though we live in a supersized world, bigger is not always better. One devoted White Castle customer is suing the restaurant chain because he can't fit into the restaurant's booths. Martin Kessman, who weighs 290 pounds, complained to management for more than two years after repeatedly knocking his knee into the tables' metal supports. After the 64-year-old New York stockbroker sent a series of letters of complaint to the chain, he received what he called condescending responses. White Castle sent him free hamburger coupons and promised that it would expand its booth sizes. But the booths were never changed and Kessman is now taking his case to federal court. He is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages because he says the eatery is violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. (He compares himself to pregnant women and the handicapped.) The lawsuit, however, has not put an end to Kessman's love of mini burgers. Now, instead of going to White Castle himself, he sends his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html;_ylt=AqHDsLkB903hwW9tmBV168us0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNydTBxYTFhBGNjb2RlA3dlaWdodGVkY3QuYwRwa2 cDOTk5NzBmOTEtMGMyOC0zMGFhLTg3MzktNTEyYTRiZDZkMjE1BHBvcwMyBHNlYwNtb3N0X3BvcHVsYXIEdmVyAzM3YmE2YzIwLW RlMDItMTFlMC1iYWJmLTJlODEzNGVkZDEzMQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ ylv=3

In all seriousness, this could have huge legal ramifications if someone who is obese and continues to make poor personal health decisions is allowed to benefit under the ADA.

Thankfully the legal system has thus far not recognized obesity as a disability covered under the ADA.

MIAdragon
09-13-2011, 10:32 AM
that place sucks ass anyway, just let it go chubs.

Sofa King
09-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Don't eat there then you fat son of a bitch.

seclark
09-13-2011, 10:34 AM
it's fucking white castle... get it to go.
sec

Iowanian
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Maybe they should give him a map with a star on a place that serves...i don't know.....salad.

The day I'm too fat to fit into a restaurant booth is the day I start working out and call the guy with the cookie diet.

Predarat
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Try a fucking salad, fat ass!

Sofa King
09-13-2011, 10:38 AM
it's ****ing white castle... get it to go.
sec

HE CAN'T BECAUSE HIS VOLKSWAGEN DOESN'T HAVE BIG ENOUGH SEATS SO HE BANGS HIS KNEE ON THE STEERING WHEEL AND HE'S SUING THEM BECAUSE THEY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST FAT PEOPLE AND HE CAN'T REACH HIM ARM OUT THE WINDOW BECAUSE IT'S TOO SMALL AND HE HITS HIS HAND ON THE MIRROR BUT HE REALLY LIKES VOLKSWAGENS SO HE BOUGHT IT ANYWAYS.

ChiTown
09-13-2011, 10:39 AM
it's ****ing white castle... get it to go.
sec

No shit! Who the f eats at a White Castle? That's late night, drive thru, drunk food

Iowanian
09-13-2011, 10:39 AM
The judge should send him a coupon from Subway and a Jarod Fathead.

seclark
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
No shit! Who the f eats at a White Castle? That's late night, drive thru, drunk food

that's what i'm saying...fucking tables are about as clean as the bathroom floors.
sec

Crush
09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
He needs to get on the antifreeze diet. I guarantee he will lose the weight in no time.

Saulbadguy
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
From the pictures he doesn't look morbidly obese.

Still, pretty ridiculous.

loochy
09-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Fatty wants some Mark Castle.

Bob Dole
09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Thankfully the legal system has thus far not recognized obesity as a disability covered under the ADA.

Attend an ADA conference. The discussions will scare the shit out of you.

luv
09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html;_ylt=AqHDsLkB903hwW9tmBV168us0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNydTBxYTFhBGNjb2RlA3dlaWdodGVkY3QuYwRwa2 cDOTk5NzBmOTEtMGMyOC0zMGFhLTg3MzktNTEyYTRiZDZkMjE1BHBvcwMyBHNlYwNtb3N0X3BvcHVsYXIEdmVyAzM3YmE2YzIwLW RlMDItMTFlMC1iYWJmLTJlODEzNGVkZDEzMQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ ylv=3

In all seriousness, this could have huge legal ramifications if someone who is obese and continues to make poor personal health decisions is allowed to benefit under the ADA.

Unless it is caused by a condition that can't be helped. But then that condition would be what qualifies you, not the fact that you're fat.

One little rant about fat people (and yes, I am considered obese)...

If you're too fat to walk around Walmart, then maybe you should have someone else go for you. When I could barely walk due to my back problems, I would hobble around Walmart before using a scooter. I probably should have, but I didn't want people to think it was because I was fat and too lazy to walk around the store.

KCUnited
09-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Bring him in for a look?

Iowanian
09-13-2011, 12:29 PM
From the pictures he doesn't look morbidly obese.

Still, pretty ridiculous.

His physical size may not truly demonstrate how giant of a douche this guy actually is.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 12:31 PM
He'll probably have a heart attack before the case goes to trial.

GordonGekko
09-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Eric Cartman aged and got into trading stocks?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Jesus Fuck. What an embarrassment to the fatties of America. Sit down. Shut up. And eat.

Radar Chief
09-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Fast food joints like this make money by moving people in and out so they make their furniture purposely uncomfortable so you won’t spend as much time in there just sitting around.

Bob Dole
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM
BTW, this is the sort of general response ADA "proponents" almost universally give, ignoring that the whole damned ADA environment was supposed to be guidelines, with clarification through case law. (Bold emphasis is Bob Dole's.)

Abstract: The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 makes important changes to the definition of the term "disability" by rejecting the holdings in several Supreme Court decisions and portions of the EEOC's ADA regulations.

Frazod
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Attend an ADA conference. The discussions will scare the shit out of you.

I can only imagine. I'll bet they probably want to add another 50 fucking handicapped spots to every parking lot.

KC Hawks
09-13-2011, 01:31 PM
I thought this thread would be about Charlie Weis.

HemiEd
09-13-2011, 01:33 PM

this

ChiTown
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

at a lot of the replies in here. Holy shit, CP never lacks for funny.LMAO

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
If he wins, I'm immediately filing suit against them for not having forks long enough to reach from the seat to the far away table and back to my mouth. It's cruel and unusual to have a plate of steaming fries sitting on the table and not being able to reach over my hyper-extended gut with regular sized forks.