PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Justin Houston Starting

Steron
09-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Just got this Tweet. Could be something. Could be nothing.

@ArrowheadPride: Per Chiefs new depth chart, LB Justin Houston is your new starting LOLB.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Didn't he play most of the game Sunday?

ModSocks
Didn't he start the first game? Either way, I don't remember seeing much of Studebaker.

Maybe Houston can cover the freaking TE....

MahiMike
About time!

Rooster
Is LOLB the new intials for QB?

durtyrute
09-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Can he play safety?

Mk19
09-13-2011, 12:54 PM
This makes me happy.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

i dont see what arrowheadpride see but i see Justin Houston as a backup

Steron
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Got this one right after the one in the OP.

@ArrowheadPride: Had a ton of snaps there last week, over Andy Studebaker, so not a huge surprise he's listed on first team.

Steron
09-13-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

i dont see what arrowheadpride see but i see Justin Houston as a backup

They're using this one, I guess.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/13/2423242/chiefs-depth-chart-justin-houston-andy-studebaker

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
They're using this one, I guess.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/13/2423242/chiefs-depth-chart-justin-houston-andy-studebaker

Don't they create that one?

Steron
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Don't they create that one?

Supposedly they use a release from the Chiefs. /shrug

The Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/kansas-city-chiefs) have released their depth chart for Sunday's Week 2 game against the Detroit Lions (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/detroit-lions) and we actually have a change: LB Justin Houston (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/131077/justin-houston) is now listed as the first string left outside linebacker, while LB Andy Studebaker (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34438/andy-studebaker) moves to the second string. Houston played quite a bit more than Studebaker on Sunday so that's not a major surprise.

Buckweath
09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
This guy can help cover the loss of Eric Berry, he needs to be as good as Berry was last year. His passrush can help make our safeties look better. Hopefully Kendrick Lewis can step up too.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Sheffield and Houston split the snaps during the Buffalo game.

Pretty cool that they just flat out benched Studebaker.

MoreLemonPledge
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
At least there's some positive Chiefs news...

WV
09-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Have him cut block cassel in practice.

Sofa King
Well hopefully someone covers the fucking tight ends this game.

philfree

Didn't they do the same to Richardson?

Sofa King
Have him cut block cassel in practice.

LMAO

You're on the Cassel hate wagon too?

ModSocks
09-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Didn't they do the same to Richardson?

pretty sure richardson started and played

ModSocks
09-13-2011, 01:13 PM
LMAO

Wagon? It's more like Noah's Arc.

Frosty
09-13-2011, 01:17 PM

I could have sworn that they lined up with Houston, Sheffield, Gilberry and Hali as the front four a few times.

philfree
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
pretty sure richardson started and played

I thought when they were going through the line up on the telecast that they said Maneri was at RT. I could have misunderstood but that's what I thought I heard.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Wagon? It's more like Noah's Arc.

Pawnmower is a Unicorn now?

RealSNR
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Wagon? It's more like Noah's Arc.Riiiiiiiight

RealSNR
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Pawnmower is a Unicorn now?VOOOOPAH! VOOOOPAH! VOOOOPAH!

gblowfish
09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Justin Houston....wake and bake!!!

DJ's left nut
09-13-2011, 02:23 PM
VOOOOPAH! VOOOOPAH! VOOOOPAH!

Awesome bit.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n0KHt8xrQkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus
09-13-2011, 02:24 PM

They actually listened to us for once lol

mcaj22
09-13-2011, 02:26 PM
benching Studebaker but have no problem leaving McGraw or Piscitelli out there

makes sense

MoreLemonPledge
09-13-2011, 02:32 PM
benching Studebaker but have no problem leaving McGraw or Piscitelli out there

makes sense

Because they have no better options on the roster.

Fritz88
09-13-2011, 02:46 PM

Black> white
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Black> white
Posted via Mobile Device

Except at kicker. Medlock.

Radar Chief
09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Riiiiiiiight

What's a cubit?

bsp4444
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Well hopefully someone covers the ****ing tight ends this game.

Now hold on, I have Brandon Pettigrew on my fantasy team this week.

WV
09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
LMAO

Not so much hate as much as getting tired of the same old shit. I'm having a difficult time totally deciding if the problem is Cassel, the scheme/coaching, or a combination of the two. I'm leaning towards a combination, but I'm running out of defenses for Cassel and his inaccurate noodle arm.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Not so much hate as much as getting tired of the same old shit. I'm having a difficult time totally deciding if the problem is Cassel, the scheme/coaching, or a combination of the two. I'm leaning towards a combination, but I'm running out of defenses for Cassel and his inaccurate noodle arm.

The details don't matter.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Cassel, even if he is coached up and surrounded with mega talent, is going to fail in the big games.

We're in year three, he's almost 30 years old, and we're bitching about him completing 22 passes for 119 yards in a home opener against the Buffalo Bills.

We're so far away from actually winning a Super Bowl with this guy that we will be closer the instant we have a new starter.

kcxiv
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Anyone with half a brain can see that Cassel, even if he is coached up and surrounded with mega talent, is going to fail in the big games.

We're in year three, he's almost 30 years old, and we're bitching about him completing 22 passes for 119 yards in a home opener against the Buffalo Bills.

We're so far away from actually winning a Super Bowl with this guy that we will be closer the instant we have a new starter.

Yep, i finally convinced. NO matter what we do as an organization, if Mark is still the QB, this is all for nothing. Wasting all this young talent is what its doing.

WV
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Your right....I hate him. I'm officially a hater. :cuss:

GordonGekko
09-13-2011, 04:39 PM
If the dude has first round talent, then lets get him out there. Why the hell not? Play for the future

GordonGekko
09-13-2011, 04:42 PM

Cassel is exactly the QB teams like the Jets need. Teams like that don't really rely on a playmaker, just someone who can make short passes and keep possession. Cassel does us no good because the Chiefs rely on Offense to win games. Cassel has had 2 decent seasons in the NFL, he has some talent whether some choose to believe it. The Chiefs just looked completely out of sync, like they hadn't practiced at all for weeks. Cassel will bounce back, too many weaps on offense

Priest31kc
09-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Cassel is exactly the QB teams like the Jets need. Teams like that don't really rely on a playmaker, just someone who can make short passes and keep possession. Cassel does us no good because the Chiefs rely on Offense to win games. Cassel has had 2 decent seasons in the NFL, he has some talent whether some choose to believe it. The Chiefs just looked completely out of sync, like they hadn't practiced at all for weeks. Cassel will bounce back, too many weaps on offense

I dont care if we have a Top 5 defense, we're never winning a Super Bowl with Mark Castle, and probably never a playoff game. Hopefully, he'll be gone after this season or on the bench. He's an NFL backup. If your starter gets hurt for a few games, he can come in and manage the game, but he'll never win games for you.

InChiefsHeaven
09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I dont care if we have a Top 5 defense, we're never winning a Super Bowl with Mark Castle, and probably never a playoff game. Hopefully, he'll be gone after this season or on the bench. He's an NFL backup. If your starter gets hurt for a few games, he can come in and manage the game, but he'll never win games for you.

Not to be argumentative, but what WAS that last season in New England all about? Talent around him? Coaching? I can see that, but I'm pretty sure the dude has SOME skills. But he's not the kind of guy who will carry a team on his back, at least not successfully. I don't doubt the strength of his heart, more like the reach of his arm...or something like that.

Cassel came in last year right after an appendectomy and was a total warrior. Too bad he just doesn't seem like a guy for the post season. Frankly, he just confuses me. But the last 3 games that mattered, he was the worst QB we've seen in ages, including Huard. He was better than Croyle I guess, so there's that...but actually I don't think Croyle ever shit the bed over a 3 game stretch like that...

suzzer99
09-13-2011, 06:18 PM
He still couldn't ever connect with Moss on the deep ball that year. Dude has no accuracy > 20 yards. It's a drawback.

RealSNR
09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Lol y r we taking bot castle in a thred bot huston /true fans

SAUTO
09-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Now hold on, I have Brandon Pettigrew on my fantasy team this week.
Fuck your fantasy team when it comes to the chiefs
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
09-13-2011, 06:32 PM

Really? Cassel is NOTHING more than a decent backup. You're fucked if he has to play ANY meaningful minutes.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2011, 06:34 PM

Jets don't win anything in the playoffs if Cassel is their QB.

jd1020
09-13-2011, 06:37 PM

Where does Cassel's talent come from? His ability to read a defense? His ability to throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis? His ability to run and avoid negative losses? His ability to catch his own pass?

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
As bad as Herm Edwards was, at least Herm recognized that you need to go downfield in today's NFL. He picked the wrong fragile QB to develop, but at least he recognized the league trend.

I'm not sure what Pioli thought Cassel's ceiling was. Haley should have known better that you can't play Cassel and this group of WR's sparingly and expect them to do well when the season starts.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 07:38 PM
As bad as Herm Edwards was, at least Herm recognized that you need to go downfield in today's NFL. H

Like fucking hell he did.

Messier
09-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Like ****ing hell he did.

Agree. Herm had no actual football strategy instincts.

Crush
09-13-2011, 08:14 PM
As bad as Herm Edwards was, at least Herm recognized that you need to go downfield in today's NFL. He picked the wrong fragile QB to develop, but at least he recognized the league trend.

I'm not sure what Pioli thought Cassel's ceiling was. Haley should have known better that you can't play Cassel and this group of WR's sparingly and expect them to do well when the season starts.

Wait what? Herm valued field position over points and thought 20 points or more was "arena league."

Crush
09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Agree. Herm had no actual football strategy instincts.

I'm surprised Herm can dress and feed himself. The guy is a buffoon.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html NICE and breaston is the starter now too

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Like ****ing hell he did.

He drafted Croyle and handed the reigns to him a year later. Well, he tried to hand the reigns to him but Croyle couldn't hold them without getting hurt. I hate Herm with a passion, but at least he tried to develop a QB.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
He drafted Croyle and handed the reigns to him a year later. Well, he tried to hand the reigns to him but Croyle couldn't hold them without getting hurt. I hate Herm with a passion, but at least he tried to develop a QB.

Yeah, and then we coached him up to dump the ball off short again and again and again and again.

I will give credit for Herm to trying to develop a QB.....he just didn't have a clue how to...or how to protect one. LMAOLMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Just got this Tweet. Could be something. Could be nothing.

@ArrowheadPride: Per Chiefs new depth chart, LB Justin Houston is your new starting LOLB.

Best news I've heard since the lockout ended.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2011, 08:31 PM

This times a million. People that don't see that are homers beyond homering. Well said man.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 08:32 PM
It really is that simple.

Playoffs? Super Bowl? I just hope our QB can win a home opener.

milkman
09-13-2011, 08:35 PM

Did you see the game between the Pack and the Saints?

The Pack have a damn good defense, but Drew Brees sliced and diced them for over 400 yards.

The Dolphins had a top 10 defense last years, but Tom Brady abused them for over 500 yards.

Matt Stafford threw for over 300 yards.

Cam Newton went for over 400 yards.

You aren't winning a damn thing in this league unless you have a QB that can throw the ball downfield and make plays.

Defense has basically been outlawed.

Micjones
09-13-2011, 08:37 PM
We need more athleticism on the defensive side of the ball. Good news.
Studebaker has a place on this team, but he's not going to help Tamba and this defense get to the QB.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I kind of wondering if the Chiefs are giving up on the season already you know? I don't mean that totally literally, I mean why would Haley keep players like Sasberilli and McGraw, and Pope as the starter with O'Connel backing him up, when he normally goes out and gets other guys like it's nothing? Remember in 09 when he would sign guys every week if he felt they could contribute better than the guys he had already? He can't possibly believe we're fine.

Okie_Apparition
09-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Rerun is going to fucking go off

Rexx
09-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Watching Houston develop into a nice outside LB might be the highlight of the season. Hell, might be the only reason to watch in a few weeks.

milkman
09-13-2011, 08:48 PM
We need more athleticism on the defensive side of the ball. Good news.
Studebaker has a place on this team, but he's not going to help Tamba and this defense get to the QB.

If Crennel is just going to drop Houston back in coverage, then he's not going to help Tamba get to the QB either.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2011, 08:50 PM
If Crennel is just going to drop Houston back in coverage, then he's not going to help Tamba get to the QB either.

No joke. How many times did he actually rush the QB on Sunday? I counted him dropping into coverage more.

TimeForWasp
09-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Good news.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 08:53 PM
No joke. How many times did he actually rush the QB on Sunday? I counted him dropping into coverage more.

3 times.

chop
09-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Black> white
Posted via Mobile Device

I was surprised to see New England do so good on offense last night with so many white guys on the field.