PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF Grades the Chiefs

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 01:39 PM
A few highlights:

1. The entire offensive line graded out positively in pass protection. Asamoah got dinged for a sack. Albert and Lilja had the highest grades in pass protection.

2. Our run blocking was not as good. Lilja, Wiegmann and Richardson had highly negative grades in run blocking.

3. Thomas Jones and Le'Ron McClain only played 3 snaps.

4. Kelly Gregg and Glenn Dorsey sucked. Negative grades, especially Gregg in run defense.

5. Kendrick Lewis was the worst player on the field. Primarily because of his awful run defense.

6. Justin Houston - 37 snaps. Allen Bailey - 27 snaps. Cameron Sheffield - 35 snaps. They're not fucking around with the young guys.

7. Interestingly enough, Houston only rushed 3 times. There's something wrong with the scheme when Houston is rushing 3 times and Tyson Jackson is rushing 11.

8. Cassel dropped back 5 times "under pressure." 0 completions, 3 attempts. 2 sacks. LMAO

9. Jon McGraw, Sabby Piscitelli, Kendrick Lewis: Targeted eight times, allowed eight catches for 117 yards. :facepalm:

Sofa King
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Eric Berry season ending injuries. 1.

/end of hope

DeezNutz
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Why was McClain so underused? Makes no sense. And putting Houston in coverage so often is shades of Greg Robinson.

ReynardMuldrake
09-13-2011, 01:42 PM
That's disappointing about Kelly Gregg. I thought he would be better.

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2011, 01:44 PM
That's weird. I thought Cassel graded out perfectly.

Pants
09-13-2011, 01:45 PM

He went all the way to 11 [literally, in TQBR]

FAX
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I totally agree with the number seven deal. We were very passive on defense, I thought.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think we have the personnel to bring some aggressive defense. Sure, we may get burned occasionally, but we might also make positive yardage on first down by our opponents a thing of the past.

Why run a 3/4 if you're not going to bring your linebackers early and often ... especially on predictable downs and distances?

FAX

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 01:47 PM
"Jon McGraw, Sabby Piscitelli, Kendrick Lewis: Targeted eight times, allowed eight catches for 117 yards"

Does that include the play where the three of them decided not to cover the TE in the end zone?

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:48 PM

How the hell could anyone come to that conclusion? But if anyone could it would be you...

dude sucked ass on Sunday...

ModSocks
09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
How the hell could anyone come to that conclusion? But if anyone could it would be you...

wow. Yeah you missed that one by a mile.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
That's disappointing about Kelly Gregg. I thought he would be better.

More disappointing is why our 2 high round defensive line talents are basically invisible.....

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
wow. Yeah you missed that one by a mile.

No didnt miss it... its Sportsracer....

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
More disappointing is why our 2 high round defensive line talents are basically invisible.....

Or why the OL and DL are non existant...

FAX
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Maybe that's it. Maybe our D-line doesn't provide Crennel with sufficient confidence to let the 'backers off the chain.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Haha, you're retarded.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 01:54 PM

Slow your roll.

Dorsey was good last year. It's just one game.

Dave Lane
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
How did Hali grade out and how often did he rush the passer? He was in coverage way too often for me.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Slow your roll.

ok, sure.....but overall, has he been worth a top 5 pick??

Dave Lane
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Slow your roll.

He's right but yes it was just for one game. Lets hope there is some movement of the line in game 2. If not we are in big trouble.

Buckweath
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Haha, you're retarded.

WTF, so you guys think Cassell had a good game? Sure the playcalling was bad but Cassell looked awful, did we really watch the same game???

Crush
09-13-2011, 01:58 PM
No didnt miss it... its Sportsracer....

It's a joke. Mark Castle said he graded out perfectly in last year's Bills game when he went 14-26, 152 yds., TD.

Dayze
09-13-2011, 01:58 PM
sarcasm meters are broken today, it seems.

Crush
09-13-2011, 01:59 PM
sarcasm meters are broken today, it seems.

I blame Castle.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 02:00 PM
How did Hali grade out and how often did he rush the passer? He was in coverage way too often for me.

Hali was Hali. He rushed more than anyone on the team.

Thig Lyfe
WTF, so you guys think Cassell had a good game? Sure the playcalling was bad but Cassell looked awful, did we really watch the same game???

trolololololololol

Reerun_KC
Haha, you're retarded.

:facepalm:

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM

its a joke... Sportsracer is a CP troll.. Just calling him out...

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Stop hitting yourself.

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
its a joke... Sportsracer is a CP troll.. Just calling him out...

You're like the worst at jokes, bro.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 02:03 PM
You post this
Stop hitting yourself.

Then try and call me out?
You're like the worst at jokes, bro.

:clap:

well done sir...

DeezNutz
09-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Link?

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Link?

QB Passing Grades (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
You post this

Then try and call me out?

:clap:

well done sir...

STOP HITTING YOURSELF IS A GREAT JOKE SO SHUT THE FUCK UP

the Talking Can
09-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Albert was fine, Cassel was not...as I've been trying to explain to saccofbats for too long..

I was really disappointed in our DL. Don't know if it was scheme or what, but they did not look strong. Can't believe we're in year 3 of a 3-4 and still have such huge ??? at the DL.

Lewis looks like a 5th round pick.

Berry was already the second most important player on our defense behind Hali, no way to replace that. We're going to have to turn up the volume with our front 7.

And Cassel is a worthless piece of crap. But everyone besides pawnsmoker, reerun, and that dumb pat's fan already knew that.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Albert was fine, Cassel was not...as I've been trying to explain to saccofbats for too long..

I was really disappointed in our DL. Don't know if it was scheme or what, but they did not look strong. Can't believe we're in year 3 of a 3-4 and still have such huge ??? at the DL.

Imagine how bad things would be if Pioli didn't get lucky that Gregg was released?

the Talking Can
09-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Imagine how bad things would be if Pioli didn't get lucky that Gregg was released?

yeah...and I thought Gregg was a good pickup, but he underwhelmed

hope to see Powe get some snaps soon

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 02:20 PM
yeah...and I thought Gregg was a good pickup, but he underwhelmed

hope to see Powe get some snaps soon

Gregg learned that Jackson isn't Ngata. Gregg underwhelmed, but I can't imagine how much worse things would have been without him.

DeezNutz
09-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Not re-signing our ball grabber was a huge mistake.

Sorter
09-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Many seem confused as to why Houston only rushed 3 times, however Romeo usually likes his LOLB in base 3-4 to operate in coverage. This needs to change imo.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2011, 02:26 PM
It's a joke. Mark Castle said he graded out perfectly in last year's Bills game when he went 14-26, 152 yds., TD.

Actually, he said it after the 2009 game when he threw 4 INT's.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
A few highlights:

1. The entire offensive line graded out positively in pass protection. Asamoah got dinged for a sack. Albert and Lilja had the highest grades in pass protection.

But, but, but....Cassel just needs more time!!!!

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Strange, i thought the fucking line sucked balls right along with Cassel...

I would love the Cheifs to just dump the whole line and QB and start over.

they all blow ass...

ModSocks
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Strange, i thought the ****ing line sucked balls right along with Cassel...

they all blow ass...

The O-line didn't really stand out to me as being bad. Maybe they were just overshadowed by the Craptastic play of Crap Cassel and Sadly PlayingforBerry.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
ok, sure.....but overall, has he been worth a top 5 pick??

This being brought up is so stupid. He wasn't drafted as 3-4 DE, no 3-4 DE is worth a top 5 pick which makes Tyson Jackson pick even more stupid.

KCrockaholic
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks. Gif Horse

Dave Lane
09-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Cassel is not going to be elite, he is not the worst QB in the history of football either. He's just not good and apparently is not going to ever get better.

DJ's left nut
Strange, i thought the fucking line sucked balls right along with Cassel...

they all blow ass...

Richardson got abused once and there was the time that pressure came up the middle (but Cassel mostly just tripped over his own feed on that one).

But for the most part, the line did a solid job in pass-pro. It was the one thing I was pleasantly surprised by.

Reerun_KC
The O-line didn't really stand out to me as being bad. Maybe they were just overshadowed by the Craptastic play of Crap Cassel and Sadly PlayingforBerry.

Eh, if that was called anything other than bad, I would hate to see bad line play...

Cassel didnt help much with his shit fest, nor did they help him much either...

Brady has an OL.. Now you get to see a guy stand there for 5 seconds 90% of the time untouched... That is quality OL play...

Chiefs? ROFL I have seen trainwrecks block better than this OL...

Buckweath
Many seem confused as to why Houston only rushed 3 times, however Romeo usually likes his LOLB in base 3-4 to operate in coverage. This needs to change imo.

Despite what some fans think here, Hali is average at best in coverage and rush defense. He's all about passrushing and that's nothing bad at all. Ideally, our other OLB should be an all-around linebacker.

I agree Houston should have rushed more often because it is his strength right now but Hali should always be the first rusher and on most plays you do not rush your two OLB.

Chiefnj2
I wonder how much PFF had to pay their analysts to watch the whole Chiefs game? I don't think a single Chiefs fan watched the entire thing.

DJ's left nut
Cassel is not going to be elite, he is not the worst QB in the history of football either. He's just not good and apparently is not going to ever get better.

Cassel is one of the 10 worst starting QBs in the league - that's bad enough for me.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Richardson got abused once and there was the time that pressure came up the middle (but Cassel mostly just tripped over his own feed on that one).

But for the most part, the line did a solid job in pass-pro. It was the one thing I was pleasantly surprised by.

Maybe it is just be being over critical about our lack of OL and for that matter DL play...

Reerun_KC
I wonder how much PFF had to pay their analysts to watch the whole Chiefs game? I don't think a single Chiefs fan watched the entire thing.

Unfortantly, my son and I did...

Easy 6
I'm still in denial at how so many phases looked so bad, the line pass blocked ok? well lahdy dah! too bad the impostor at qb couldnt do anything with that decent protection.

Hate to say it, but this season isnt going anywhere, cant even believe i'm saying it.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Why was McClain so underused? Makes no sense. And putting Houston in coverage so often is shades of Greg Robinson.

i think on the charles fumble he hurt his leg

oRYMANo
09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Does that include the play where the three of them decided not to cover the TE in the end zone?[/QUOTE]

That was a stupid call to blitz 3 linebackers on 3rd and Goal from the ten!!

reschief
09-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Not re-signing our ball grabber was a huge mistake.

This was the most disappointing off-season result. Makes you wonder how hard Pioli tried to bring him back. Dude seemed to bring his game every time. . .as he always did going back to his high school days here.

Ming the Merciless
09-13-2011, 03:36 PM
A few highlights:

8. Cassel dropped back 5 times "under pressure." 0 completions

9. Jon McGraw, Sabby Piscitelli, Kendrick Lewis: Targeted eight times, allowed eight catches for 117 yards. :facepalm:

Those grade out at 100% though...correct?

A+?

Hammock Parties
09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
PFF's official recap

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/13/re-focused-bills-chiefs-week-1/

Buffalo – Three Things of Note

1) Fitzpatrick – Top QB of the Week?

Ryan Fitzpatrick topped ESPN’s new Total QBR for Week 1. Now don’t get us wrong, he played well and he certainly put up some good numbers but he wasn’t playing at an elite level. What he did do, was give his receivers a chance to make plays on a couple of occasions, but that was partially due to the Chiefs’ inability to pressure the quarterback and effectively disguise their zone defense. In short, the Chiefs’ defense wasn’t all that hard to pick apart, and although Fitzpatrick did an admirable job at it, he wasn’t playing at the same level as Tom Brady.

2) Why Fred Jackson remains a PFF favorite

Not only did Fred Jackson have a pretty decent game, but he was responsible for some of the best plays I’ve seen all week. On a 3rd and 1 play, Jackson avoided a Chiefs linebacker that had made it unblocked into the backfield with a neat sidestep. He then proceeded to carry Brandon Flowers, who is not a corner that is used to getting beaten physically, on his back past the first down marker. Throughout the course of the game, Jackson was able to rip off big chunks of yardage all day long, finishing with over 100 yards on 20 carries for a 5.6 average.

.3) O-line still needs help

If the Bills still have holes, and most of them are on the offensive line. Although their left side performed well in this game, they struggled at other positions as both Eric Wood and Erik Pears received negative grades. The Chiefs weren’t able to do much to test the offensive line, but the Bills will face some much sterner competition in the New England Patriots and the New York Jets and if they are hoping to compete in the AFC East, they will need to upgrade their offensive line.

Kansas City – Three Things of Note

1) Kelly Gregg on the decline?

We’ve been long time fans of Kelly Gregg here at PFF, but we may be witnessing a player firmly on the down-slope of his career. 2010 saw a marked decline from his past excellence, and this opening game showed a player that was barely recognizable from the Gregg of old. His -2.1 PFF grade represents a player that was unable to anchor the middle of a defense, something he has made an art-form out of in the past. Gregg also failed to make a real impact in any area of the game, being completely blanked from the stat sheet except for the dubious honor of notching a missed tackle on one of the few plays where he was able to beat his blocker.

2) Problems without Berry

Eric Berry left the game early with an ACL injury that was later revealed would sideline him for the rest of the season. That left Kendrick Lewis (-3.9), Sabby Piscitelli (-2.2) and Jon McGraw (-0.5) as the Chiefs’ only safeties. Because we’ve seen decent play from Lewis in the past, we will give him the benefit of the doubt, but those negative grades are all too familiar for Piscitelli and McGraw,which poses some pretty significant issues if those two are to be relied upon for an extended period of time.

3) A fine performance from Albert

It wasn’t all bad for the Chiefs, and the performance of Branden Albert is something to note in a positive light. Albert’s +2.9 PFF grade represented a reasonable day run blocking and a perfect game in pass-protection. Although he’ll face better defensive units than the Bills this year, it’s a fine start to the year for him.

Game Notes

● The Chiefs combined for eight missed tackles on defense.

● Pass rush was not abundant in this game, as both teams combined for just nine total pressures on the opposing quarterback

● Eric Berry was on the field for just five snaps, but lasted long enough to give up a touchdown on the Bills’ first drive on a shortened field.

PFF Game Ball: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

Hard to look beyond the passer who wasn’t quite Tom Brady, but was more than good enough to get it done.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Gregg was awful. I hope the activate Powe.

whoman69
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Anything positive reported about this team is either in error or a fabrication. It needs to stop now.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Good to hear about Albert.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Hahaha. We are the best pass blocking team in the league! For one week, anyway.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2mwcg6.jpg

DJ's left nut
09-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Hahaha. We are the best pass blocking team in the league! For one week, anyway.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2mwcg6.jpg

So a historically reliable, objective measurement of a line's performance said our line was elite last week, relatively speaking at least.

And Matt Cassel was still absolute dog shit.

Can we please PLEASE pull the plug now? The dude is awful.

DeezNutz
09-14-2011, 03:50 PM
So a historically reliable, objective measurement of a line's performance said our line was elite last week, relatively speaking at least.

At the very least, we should be able to put the "we can't judge him until we get a better o-line" bullshit to rest.

milkman
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM

This supports what I said in another thread regarding the pass blocking of the Chiefs vs. the pass blocking of the Packers.

the Talking Can
09-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Albert is a good LT

saccofbats is a dumb ass

Cassel is a worthless piece of shit and I wish he would just quit...

MadMax
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Albert is a good LT

saccofbats is a dumb ass

Cassel is a worthless piece of shit and I wish he would just quit...

Aye Aye ...The sooner the better!!!!!!!!!!!!

ModSocks
09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Aye Aye ...The sooner the better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! How'd that self dick sucking go?

MadMax
09-14-2011, 05:17 PM
At the very least, we should be able to put the "we can't judge him until we get a better o-line" bullshit to rest.

Please allow this the talk is getting so old!!!!!!!!!

Chiefnj2
09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
What was Cassel's PFF grade for week 1?

MadMax
09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey! How'd that self dick sucking go?

It went well ty!!! Get over it if u can!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
What was Cassel's PFF grade for week 1?

He is currently the 23rd rated QB.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Was he plus or minus?

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Holy Christ, who are the 9 below him?

McNabb and who else?

milkman
09-14-2011, 05:26 PM

McNabb and who else?

That's the thing about Cassel, though.

He puts up numbers that don't always look as bad as he actually plays.

This is why I always say that stats mean jack.

What I really mean is that without the context of seeing things as they are played out, stats don't provide any true insight.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 05:27 PM

McNabb and who else?

Hasselbeck
Bradford
McNabb
Dalton
Orton
Roethlisberger
Sanchez
Gradkowski
Romo
Collins

Was he plus or minus?

Barely positive. See, I'm guessing dumping the ball off for 3 yards isn't a negative play.

Some of those other quarterbacks were turning it over more, so that's going to bring their grade down.

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2011, 05:28 PM
That's the thing about Cassel, though.

He puts up numbers that don't always look as bad as he actually plays.

This is why I always say that stats mean jack.

What I really mean is that without the context of seeing things as they are played out, stats don't provide any true insight.

Sunday was a historical performance.

No QB in NFL history has completed 22 passes or more and failed to gain 120 yards.

His numbers were awful, his play was awful, he's awful.

No context necessary.

DeezNutz
09-14-2011, 05:29 PM

No QB in NFL history has completed 22 passes or more and failed to gain 120 yards.

No context necessary.

No shit? Wow.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2011, 05:30 PM

No context necessary.

Nonsense, I had him graded perfectly with my Casseldometer. Swing passes rack up teh bonus points.

milkman
09-14-2011, 05:32 PM

No context necessary.

Yet, what was it?, 9 QBs graded out lower than Matt Cassel.

I mean, just from the games I saw, did Romo and Sanchez play worse than did Matt Cassel?

Three7s
09-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Hasselbeck
Bradford
McNabb
Dalton
Orton
Roethlisberger
Sanchez
Gradkowski
Romo
Collins

Barely positive. See, I'm guessing dumping the ball off for 3 yards isn't a negative play.

Some of those other quarterbacks were turning it over more, so that's going to bring their grade down.
I don't know if I'd put Roethlisberger below him. He's overrated, but better that Cassel.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't know if I'd put Roethlisberger below him. He's overrated, but better that Cassel.

This is based on one game. Big Ben turned it over 5 times so of course his grade is lower.

Brock
09-14-2011, 05:33 PM

That's just based on Sunday's game.

milkman
09-14-2011, 05:35 PM
When I look at Andy Dalton's numbers, I wonder how he grades out lower than Matt Cassel?

Three7s
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
When I look at Andy Dalton's numbers, I wonder how he grades out lower than Matt Cassel?
That's why I thought it was overall.

Still, my bad.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Yet, what was it?, 9 QBs graded out lower than Matt Cassel.

I mean, just from the games I saw, did Romo and Sanchez play worse than did Matt Cassel?

Not sure what the criteria used to grade was? But no way those two played worse than cassel. They made mistakes, but they also made plays to keep their team in the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Not sure what the criteria used to grade was? But no way those two played worse than cassel. They made mistakes, but they also made plays to keep their team in the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all about turnovers.

Apparently the grading system only takes into account what happens on the field.

When Cassel wakes up in the morning and decides to get out of bed he lowers the chance of his team winning games.

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2011, 06:14 PM
It's all about turnovers.

Apparently the grading system only takes into account what happens on the field.

When Cassel wakes up in the morning and decides to get out of bed he lowers the chance of his team winning games.

Well, it's still fucked then.

Both Romo and Sanchez threw for over 300 yards and had a 1:1 TD:Turnover ratio just like Cassel.

But the guy who threw for over 200 FEWER yards is graded higher?

I've lost all respect for PFF.

SAUTO
09-14-2011, 06:22 PM

Both Romo and Sanchez threw for over 300 yards and had a 1:1 TD:Turnover ratio just like Cassel.

Yet milkman guessed those two. Why?

But I agree cassel has regressed and has been the suk for at least seven games. Since the last oakland game
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 06:28 PM

Romo and Sanchez both turned the ball over twice.

You need to chill out....it's one game. There's no doubt that both will be ranked far ahead of Cassel by season's end.

milkman
09-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, it's still ****ed then.

I would guess that how they perform when the game is still in the balance weighs heavily in thier grading system.

Romo made 2 bonehead mistakes that cost them the game, and Cowboy fans should be livid with him.

Sanchez simply did nothing late to help the Jets to win.

whoman69
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Cassel completed 61% of his passes. The penalty of only have 3 YPC isn't enough to show how bad a day he really had with the traditional QB rating system. He had one TD and one INT which again is not real bad under the conventional system. Anything that shows he had a good day is in error and needs to be scrapped.

SAUTO
09-14-2011, 06:35 PM
I would guess that how they perform when the game is still in the balance weighs heavily in thier grading system.

Romo made 2 bonehead mistakes that cost them the game, and Cowboy fans should be livid with him.

Sensible post
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
PFF's official recap

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/13/re-focused-bills-chiefs-week-1/

Gregg on the decline? No fucking shit.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2011, 07:15 PM
The fact that Cassel graded out with a positive number in their system is all you need to know about the system.

Did Bowe or Breaston end up positive?

Deberg_1990
09-14-2011, 07:22 PM

Oh believe me, they are. Every bit as angry with him as we are of Cassel. Romo is talented, but frustrating because he always does just enough to lose. Cassel can't be relied upon to make plays that would keep his team in the game. They are both ultimately just as bad.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 07:22 PM
The fact that Cassel graded out with a positive number in their system is all you need to know about the system.

It's pretty tough to give a QB a negative for a play on which he completes a pass.

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2011, 07:24 PM

And Cassel did nothing, at any time during the game to help his team win.

I'll take 60% passing, 300+ yards and a 1:1 ratio every game and take my chances over 119 yards and a 1:1 ratio.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2011, 07:24 PM
It's pretty tough to give a QB a negative for a play on which he completes a pass.

Not if you watch the game. 3rd and 12 and you throw a 1 yard pass to Charles behind his shoulder causing him to stop and face a defender 1/2 yard away is a negative.

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2011, 07:26 PM

Not when you have SIX passing plays that go for negative yardage and countless others that were thrown ridiculously short of the sticks on 3rd down.

Shaid
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Watch the Patriots game and see how much time he has in the pocket. It's night and day. Cassel plays like a kid who's been hit by his abusive dad for years. Someone cocks a fist and he goes into the fetal position.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
And Cassel did nothing, at any time during the game to help his team win.

Sometimes you guys go overboard.

We had 170 yards of offense in the first half. If Pope hangs on to the ball it's 14-7 and who knows, maybe a different game.

BossChief
09-14-2011, 09:11 PM
6 of his completions went for negative yardage.

Think about that for a second.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
More proof that our pass blocking was quite good last week.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/12/2418760/chiefs-vs-bills-week-1-breaking-down-the-o-line-tape

http://i53.tinypic.com/33m9x79.jpg

Frosty
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Chiefs run a lot of screens

None of them very successfully.

It's tough to run a screen when no one respects your down field passing game and most of the defenders are near the line of scrimmage.

Chiefnj2
09-15-2011, 02:26 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/12/2418760/chiefs-vs-bills-week-1-breaking-down-the-o-line-tape

He gives Richardson 7 pressures and still scores him a 91 in pass blocking???

Hammock Parties
09-15-2011, 02:36 PM
He probably has a loose definition of pressure. Doesn't mean Richardson was getting beaten.

tboss27
09-15-2011, 02:39 PM

The problem is a pressure on Cassel might as well be a sack. Cassel has major issues with accuracy when pressure is around, while the pressure may not result in a loss of yards it seems to me it most often results in an incompletion. I'd be interested in knowing how many passes he completed on those 10 pressures.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2011, 02:58 PM
PFF and that guy have a different idea of pressure, but on PFF's grading Cassel was 0-3 with 2 sacks under pressure.

BossChief
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Id like to see his overall completion percentage while under pressure for all games he has started.

I bet its one of the worst in league history...at least recent history.

whoman69
09-15-2011, 04:15 PM

If he completes it for negative yardage, dock him. If its a 3rd down situation and he throws short of the first down, dock him. If he checks down with a wide open receiver down the field, dock him. Its not that hard.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
If he completes it for negative yardage, dock him. If its a 3rd down situation and he throws short of the first down, dock him. If he checks down with a wide open receiver down the field, dock him. Its not that hard.

That's being a little too biased, though.

You don't know if the play call was designed for him to throw it short, and you can't see the receivers down the field.

As far as negative yardage, you can't really penalize a QB for a screen getting blown up.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Id like to see his overall completion percentage while under pressure for all games he has started.

I bet its one of the worst in league history...at least recent history.

Here is Cassel's under pressure split from last year.

http://i51.tinypic.com/wbzypt.jpg

As far as I can tell from looking at a few other QBs, that far of a drop isn't remarkable.

notorious
09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Cassel plays like a kid who's been hit by his abusive dad for years. Someone cocks a fist and he goes into the fetal position.

He did play behind one of the worst O-Lines in NFL history his first year here.

After that kind of trama he would probably be scared shitless behind our 03-04 offensive line.

whoman69
09-15-2011, 04:40 PM
That's being a little too biased, though.

You don't know if the play call was designed for him to throw it short, and you can't see the receivers down the field.

As far as negative yardage, you can't really penalize a QB for a screen getting blown up.

If you're really studying the plays its not biased at all. If you check down to a receiver behind the line who has players in front of him, throw it away. If a play takes too long to develop part of that is on the QB. Check Down does not have the ability to go through his progressions. If his guy isn't open, he's going short.

whoman69
09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
He did play behind one of the worst O-Lines in NFL history his first year here.

After that kind of trama he would probably be scared shitless behind our 03-04 offensive line.

He caused a lot of his own problems by holding on to the ball way too long.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Here are the no pressure/under pressure differences for the starters last season. These are not organized, I just went down the list by overall rating.

Matt Ryan - 66.8 - 52.7
Peyton Manning - 69.9 - 54.5
Philip Rivers - 71.7 - 52.8
Aaron Rodgers - 71.4 - 49.3
Drew Brees - 72.0 - 55.7
Matt Schaub - 70.3 - 45.1
Michael Vick - 70.5 - 44.3
Ben Roethlisberger - 65.3 - 51.7
Josh Freeman - 67.1 - 50.9
Tom Brady - 70.1 - 53.2
Eli Manning - 70.0 - 44.7
Carson Palmer - 64.6 - 52.8
David Garrard - 70.9 - 50.4
Joe Flacco - 68.5 - 46.9
Shaun Hill - 66.6 - 47.6
Jay Cutler - 63.2 - 52.2
Chad Henne - 67.8 - 41.5
Matt Cassel - 64.3 - 43.4
Sam Bradford - 66.9 - 43.4
Jason Campbell - 63.0 - 50.9
Kyle Orton - 62.2 - 49.2
Mark Sanchez - 62.0 - 35.5
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 65.2 - 39.2
Matt Hasselbeck - 61.4 - 53.7
Colt McCoy - 66.1 - 41.7
Jon Kitna - 67.3 - 59.0
Kerry Collins - 62.7 - 45.9
Donovan McNabb - 67.5 - 41.8
Alex Smith - 67.8 - 41.5
Brett Favre - 66.3 - 47.3
Jimmy Clausen - 57.3 - 39.0

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Looks like Sanchez is the king of shitting his pants under pressure ;).

aturnis
09-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Here are the no pressure/under pressure differences for the starters last season. These are not organized, I just went down the list by overall rating.
Matt Ryan - 66.8 - 52.7
Peyton Manning - 69.9 - 54.5Philip Rivers - 71.7 - 52.8
Aaron Rodgers - 71.4 - 49.3
Drew Brees - 72.0 - 55.7
Matt Schaub - 70.3 - 45.1
Michael Vick - 70.5 - 44.3
Ben Roethlisberger - 65.3 - 51.7
Josh Freeman - 67.1 - 50.9
Tom Brady - 70.1 - 53.2
Eli Manning - 70.0 - 44.7
Carson Palmer - 64.6 - 52.8
David Garrard - 70.9 - 50.4
Joe Flacco - 68.5 - 46.9
Shaun Hill - 66.6 - 47.6
Jay Cutler - 63.2 - 52.2
Chad Henne - 67.8 - 41.5
Matt Cassel - 64.3 - 43.4
Sam Bradford - 66.9 - 43.4
Jason Campbell - 63.0 - 50.9
Kyle Orton - 62.2 - 49.2
Mark Sanchez - 62.0 - 35.5
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 65.2 - 39.2
Matt Hasselbeck - 61.4 - 53.7
Colt McCoy - 66.1 - 41.7
Jon Kitna - 67.3 - 59.0
Kerry Collins - 62.7 - 45.9
Donovan McNabb - 67.5 - 41.8
Alex Smith - 67.8 - 41.5
Brett Favre - 66.3 - 47.3
Jimmy Clausen - 57.3 - 39.0

Wow. This post just pissed me off! This says that there is almost no other QB in the league who is as bad as Ryan Fitzpatrick under pressure. The Chiefs decided not to go after him...

BossChief
09-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Wow. This post just pissed me off! This says that there is no other QB in the league who is as bad as Ryan Fitzpatrick under pressure. The Chiefs decided not to go after him...

except for the quarterbacks that are worse under pressure.

Sanchez and Clausen.

Ironically, those are the guys we (CP majority, myself included on the Clusen pick, but not the Sanchez pick) wanted in the draft in 09 and 10

aturnis
09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
My bad, I fixed it. Asshole. :D