PDA

View Full Version : Life Pepper spray

Dunit35
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Who's had the pleasure of getting hit in the face with this? As part of my police training I had to take it to the face today and run a course. I've never had so much pain and burning.

Kyle DeLexus
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
parody thread will be gold

Jenson71
09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Who's had the pleasure of getting hit in the face with this? As part of my police training I had to take it to the face today and run a course. I've never had so much pain and burning.

LMAO

What else do you get?

Kyle DeLexus
09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
parody thread will be gold

or white

Frosty
09-13-2011, 04:52 PM

No pepper spray, but the gas mask course in basic training sucked bad.

Scorp
09-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Just make sure when you are banging a chick on the hood to get out of a ticket, that you are not being recorded on camera.

Dunit35
09-13-2011, 04:54 PM

My wife had to do that too. One of the police captains has done both and he said both sucked damn near equally.

CoMoChief
09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I had it point blank from an asshole cop (long story, but end result was cop charged me w/ 3rd degree assault on officer, it was later dropped in court)

That stuff does suck though.

rockymtnchief
09-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Once on accident and once for my old job. Then went home and had it wash out of my hair, eyebrows and mustache and whoop me again.

Got a pretty good whiff of bear spray once also.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2011, 05:08 PM

How do you feel about getting Pepper Sprayed?

Bwana
09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Once on accident

This and it was bear spray, which is now why I pack the .500 Smith & Wesson.

DenverChief
09-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Fortunately we don't carry pepper spray - tasers and asp's

MIAdragon
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Pepper spray is 100 times worse.

LiveSteam
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I was about to beat a guy in HY-Vee parking lot about 4 years ago & his woman sprayed me with it. Some how it stayed out of my eyes,Thank God. Was all over the rest of me though. My neck & left side of my face were really covered with it. Shit does burn,& taking a shower didnt help. It does mellow after a lil while.
I didnt start the fight. Guy yelled couple obscenities at me. I yelled a couple back. He jumped out his car & ran at me,& I hip tossed his punk ass onto the parking lot. The rest is peeper spray history.

Edit. I cant imagine having that shit sprayed in my eyes & try to do anything.

Jenson71
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I was about to beat a guy in HY-Vee parking lot about 4 years ago & his woman sprayed me with it. Some how it stayed out of my eyes,Thank God. Was all over the rest of me though. My neck & left side of my face were really covered with it. Shit does burn,& taking a shower didnt help. It does mellow after a lil while.
I didnt start the fight. Guy yelled couple obscenities at me. I yelled a couple back. He jumped out his car & ran at me,& I hip tossed his punk ass onto the parking lot. The rest is peeper spray history.

peopleofhyvee.com

ChiefGator
09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I enjoy it on my burritos and eggs in the morning.

pr_capone
09-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Been hit with pepper spray, gas course in basic, and tazed.

They all suck to varying degrees. Those are the top 3 most painful experiences in my life.

88TG88
09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Some girl pepper sprayed me and my friends at a party. It was pretty crappy, but it wasnt the worst experience of my life

Frazod
09-13-2011, 06:45 PM
For those of you who've never seen an FPS Russia video, enjoy. :D

EDIT: NSFW (language, stupidity)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8IGDIujijQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LVNHACK
09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Embrace the suck......:)

Chief Pote
09-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Oh great, so you're going to be the FUZZ?

redfan
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
When testing your bear spray for effective range, make damn sure you know which way the wind is blowing. That shit lingers.
And although pepper is a spice, and you may love cajun food, never EVER use pepper spray as a seasoning.

Dunit35
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Fortunately we don't carry pepper spray - tasers and asp's

We carry tasers too. That painful test is Thursday.

I just washed my hair and face in cold water and dawn soap over the sink. Yes, some reactivated around my eyes.

Dunit35
09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh great, so you're going to be the FUZZ?

No my whole thread starter was a joke.

Dunit35
09-13-2011, 07:29 PM
He actually sprayed me good once and it barely fazed me. I made him do it again. Dumb....yes. They could tell it wasn't doing anything anyways

Bugeater
09-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Not that it matters, but that was a Baker's, not a Hy-Vee.

CrazyPhuD
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
For those of you who've never seen an FPS Russia video, enjoy. :D

EDIT: NSFW (language, stupidity)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8IGDIujijQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still one of the best lines.....One more, one more.....don't be a bitch, one more!LMAO

CrazyPhuD
09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
This and it was bear spray, which is now why I pack the .500 Smith & Wesson.

Is that because the Bear Spray barely phased you and you said screw this if the bear spray doesn't stop me I'm going to need something bigger to stop a bear!

Frazod
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Still one of the best lines.....One more, one more.....don't be a bitch, one more!LMAO

Yeah, that was great. I'm sure that won't go down in the annals of his life as one of his smarter moves, but it sure made for great entertainment.

He's got a ton of videos on YouTube - dude must be made of money and be well-connected in the weapons industry. Much like the Joker, I always find myself wondering where he gets all those wonderful toys.

Delano
09-13-2011, 07:55 PM

I bet you liked the peeper spray.

Baby Lee
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I once downed a whole spoonful of Chinese mustard.

Bwana
09-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Is that because the Bear Spray barely phased you and you said screw this if the bear spray doesn't stop me I'm going to need something bigger to stop a bear!

No, it's because if the wind is blowing back at you, you're fucked.

Frazod
09-13-2011, 08:00 PM
No, it's because if the wind is blowing back at you, you're fucked.

Well, I guess it would take your mind off being eaten.

At least a little. :D

Delano
09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
I once downed a whole spoonful of Chinese mustard.

http://i.imgur.com/jkZbZ.gif

CrazyPhuD
09-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, I guess it would take your mind off being eaten.

At least a little. :D

Lets be honest if you covered yourself in bear spray you're probably not going to get eaten. Well unless the bear really likes spicy food.

CrazyPhuD
09-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Hmmm someone needs to snort pepper spay up there nose ala jackass style!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H-1A2fd0L0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I sprayed 151 out my nose once....that wasn't fun.....

LiveSteam
09-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Not that it matters, but that was a Baker's, not a Hy-Vee.

I remember now too/ Sunglasses saved my ass that day.

Dunit35
09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I remember now too/ Sunglasses saved my ass that day.

Sunglasses helped get my vision back after the spray. I couldn't see a thing until I put some on. The spray seemed to magnify the sunlight x1,000.

LiveSteam
09-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Sunglasses helped get my vision back after the spray. I couldn't see a thing until I put some on. The spray seemed to magnify the sunlight x1,000.

I showered like 4 times in 1 hour. Seconds after jumping out of the shower
It was fire on my face all over again.
Now that I think about that moment in the parking lot. Man Im glad it was spray & not a lil hand gun she pulled.

Okie_Apparition
09-13-2011, 08:57 PM
They'll make a prick out of ya yet

Frosty
09-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I showered like 4 times in 1 hour. Seconds after jumping out of the shower
It was fire on my face all over again.
Now that I think about that moment in the parking lot. Man Im glad it was spray & not a lil hand gun she pulled.

Dairy fat helps neutralize the burn when you eat spicy food. I wonder if it would help with pepper spray? Maybe next time you should rinse with half and half?

LVNHACK
09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
In '08 I was living on an Iraqi prison compound outside Mosul, the Army had an outpost abt 750 meters from our coumpound and had this big ass hadji dog...that hated hadji...and contractors....that bitch came at one morning...she got at 15 ft from me and I hosed her with OC...bitch did a 180 and yelped full speed off the Army's compound...

A cpl months later she turned on the Army and they green lighted her to be hunted down....that was an enjoyable day

Abba-Dabba
09-13-2011, 11:12 PM

It wasn't that bad.

I actually enjoyed it. So much so I looked forward to every time we did it in our line unit.

Abba-Dabba
09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
My wife had to do that too. One of the police captains has done both and he said both sucked damn near equally.

Kinda an over exaggeration but both do cause minimal discomfort.

Pepper spray all depends on the scoville heat units. A 500K S.C.U. isn't near as debilitating as 2million S.C.U.

Abba-Dabba
09-13-2011, 11:17 PM
asp's

How many notch marks does yours have?

Dunit35
09-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Dairy fat helps neutralize the burn when you eat spicy food. I wonder if it would help with pepper spray? Maybe next time you should rinse with half and half?

We were told milk actually helps with it.

tooge
09-14-2011, 08:05 AM

This. having to put on a mask when you are breathing heavy (out of breath) in 98 degree heat, in the presence of noxious gas is not fun. I didn't know my body could product so much snot, and I surely didn't think snot could come from so many places. Yikes.

Frosty
09-14-2011, 08:15 AM
This. having to put on a mask when you are breathing heavy (out of breath) in 98 degree heat, in the presence of noxious gas is not fun. I didn't know my body could product so much snot, and I surely didn't think snot could come from so many places. Yikes.

The heat definitely contributed. I had Basic in Augusta, Georgia during the summer and it was hot and very humid. During the training session, we had to put on our masks and march into a bunker full of CS gas. That's when I found out that my mask leaked. :spock: I got extra time exposed to the gas. Fun times.

loochy
09-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Police training....yeah right.

You were probably out stealing some old lady's purse.

Groves
09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Here's the real question. Has anyone ever tasered a bear?

Jerm
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Pepper spray was bad no doubt but getting tasered was 100x worse IMO...JFC that was miserable.

Can't wait for the gas chamber in basic, heard it's a real joy.

crazycoffey
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM

both equally bad, but I think pepper spray was worse and I'm not a fan of either when it happens...

CrazyPhuD
09-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Here's the real question. Has anyone ever tasered a bear?

No but I've kicked one in the balls, does that count?

Lbedrock1
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM

That training is suppose to let you know what it feels like before go using it on young kids and old people.

thebrad84
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Pepper spray was bad no doubt but getting tasered was 100x worse IMO...JFC that was miserable.

Can't wait for the gas chamber in basic, heard it's a real joy.

I've heard many accounts to this.. that the taser hit is a pain that cannot be described or compared to anything else, but the good thing about it is its 5 seconds of hell and then done.. while the pepper spray is much less painful, but it can last for 20 mins to a hour.

I've taken the OC spray hit during pd academy and thought it was pretty brutal. I'm signed up to take the taser hit for the first time sometime this winter. Not looking forward to that day at all..

Stewie
09-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I've heard many accounts to this.. that the taser hit is a pain that cannot be described or compared to anything else, but the good thing about it is its 5 seconds of hell and then done.. while the pepper spray is much less painful, but it can last for 20 mins to a hour.

I've taken the OC spray hit during pd academy and thought it was pretty brutal. I'm signed up to take the taser hit for the first time sometime this winter. Not looking forward to that day at all..

I'm watching the series Big Law: Deputy Butterbean

He's a rookie officer (former heavyweight boxer) and said the pepper spray was much worse because it lasted so long. The taser hurt but was over fast. He said he'd rather be tasered than go through the pepper spray again.

Dunit35
09-14-2011, 04:30 PM

I'm getting tazed tomorrow around 9:30 am. I am not prepared for it.

Otter
09-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I got tasered a couple years ago. It still makes my asshole pucker thinking about how that felt and I'm not exactly a stranger to pain.

Do you have to go thru that as well? If so, please let me know your thoughts.

lcarus
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Would pepper spray be good on pasta? I do enjoy spicy pasta. I'm not gonna make a McGraw joke here.

Frosty
09-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Wear some Depends.

Dunit35
09-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Wear some Depends.

I'm going pee or forcing pee out before the tazer. Hopefully that helps.

Otter
09-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Heh, right above my response and didn't see it.

If you want to limber up fill the bathtub up about 2 or 3 inches and drop in a hair dryer. It's really intense but quick and kind of on/off so once it's over you recover quick. Empty your bowels and bladder before. No, that's not a joke.

Gook luck and please, let us know how it goes.

Dunit35
09-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Heh, right above my response and didn't see it.

If you want to limber up fill the bathtub up about 2 or 3 inches and drop in a hair dryer. It's really intense but quick and kind of on/off so once it's over you recover quick. Empty your bowels and bladder before. No, that's not a joke.

Gook luck and please, let us know how it goes.

I will. Just hoping I don't piss or shit myself. 5 seconds of severe pain... Just like my sexual experiences.

Frazod
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I will. Just hoping I don't piss or shit myself. 5 seconds of severe pain... Just like my sexual experiences.

Uh, you may not be doing it right. LMAO

DenverChief
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM

have you ever stuck your finger in an electrical outlet or been shocked by 110?

Dunit35
09-14-2011, 06:00 PM
have you ever stuck your finger in an electrical outlet or been shocked by 110?

No, only been slightly shocked.

Frazod
09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
I pissed on an electric fence once. Knocked me off my feet. God did that ever suck. :cuss:

SAUTO
09-14-2011, 06:33 PM
I worked at western auto on johnson drive right out of high school. The 220 plug on the balancer was fucked and you had to wiggle it sometimes.

Pissed me off and I ghetto stomped it while I had one hand on the balancer and one on the wall (figured if it was broke they would have to finallyfix it) and it shocked the fuck out of me. I was stuck there and all I could think was ifi didn't get loose I was a goner.

Finally got a hand free and broke the circuit. I still remember my buddies eyes and I ran by him out of the shop and sat down in the parking lot.
He was knelt down behind a car changing a bulb and looked like he saw a ghost his eyes were so big.

Blew out the ends of both index fingers and my right big toe. All looked like WAY over cooked hotdogs thst had split.

Muscles felt weird for days. And I dont think my cock had been that hard before or since. Just glad I didn't shit myself.
oh yeah they fixed the plug. They heard the screams inside the store
Posted via Mobile Device

LiveSteam
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM

I have never been tazed. But I did grow up on a farm with lots & lots of cows & miles & miles of charged barbwire, that I accidentally touched every now & then.
My cousin is a cop that also grew up out there on the family farm. said its about 1 in the same. I wouldn't be to scared of it

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
The absolute worst thing you can do after getting hit with pepper spray is take a piss

You thought the face pain was bad...Jesus

http://nerdmeltla.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/the-more-you-know1.jpg

LiveSteam
09-14-2011, 06:50 PM
The absolute worst thing you can do after getting hit with pepper spray is take a piss

You thought the face pain was bad...Jesus

http://nerdmeltla.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/the-more-you-know1.jpg

I think Bugs did this after canning a bunch of peppers a few years back.

DenverChief
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM

well you hear a loud hum in your head and you can't move...that about sums it up...unless you are a super muscle head it doesn't really hurt -

Dunit35
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Tazer done. We were gator clipped instead of shot and it hurt like a son of a bitch. I didn't do anything stupid. I would chose the Tazer any day over the pepper spray.

Rausch
09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Tazer done. We were gator clipped instead of shot and it hurt like a son of a bitch. I didn't do anything stupid. I would chose the Tazer any day over the pepper spray.

I'll take the uber-hurt for 5 seconds over getting sprayed...

Buehler445
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM

So where did they hook the clips?

Dunit35
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Back shoulder and upper sock.

Frosty
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM

Nipples

Fish
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Back shoulder and upper sock.

I lost my breath there for a second when I read that as "sack".....

Dunit35
09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I lost my breath there for a second when I read that as "sack".....

I'm 100% certain that if someone takes me tazer from me I'm using lethel force. That shit stopped me in my tracks.

Groves
09-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm 100% certain that if someone takes me tazer from me I'm using lethel force. That shit stopped me in my tracks.

I'm 100% certain that it partially scrambled your brain, my friend. Glad you got through it.