PDA

View Full Version : Poop Broncos players irked by QB debate

Kerberos
09-14-2011, 11:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6967901/denver-broncos-players-peeved-kyle-orton-tim-tebow-controversy-persists

There is video on this link.... It's pretty funny.

It's the Kyle Orton vs. Tim Tebow debate all over again, and it's already bothering some of their teammates.

"I think it's all B.S.," Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Lloyd said in a phone interview Tuesday. "I think everybody is just waiting for an opportunity to move (Orton) out and play anybody other than him."

Despite fighting back for a bid to win late in the fourth quarter Monday in a game lost only by a field goal, many fans in Denver aren't feeling their starting quarterback and they're giving him a short leash.

"That's the circumstances that we're in. That's the climate that we're in, and we knew we were going to be in -- so be it. There's no being patient with Kyle. Kyle is ready to go. He didn't perform maybe as well as people expected him to. Whatever. He's our quarterback, and we're going to eventually win games," Lloyd said.

Even though Orton was among 14 quarterbacks who threw for more than 300 yards in Week 1, the John Fox-John Elway Era has started in defeat, 23-20 to the rival Oakland Raiders.

Fox on Tuesday said he was sticking with Orton as his quarterback. He also said there was plenty of blame to go around for starting 0-1.

"We came up a little short. There were plenty of reasons why. It wasn't just the quarterback by any stretch," Fox said. "Kyle is our starting quarterback and I don't think too many guys are firing all their guys because their team happened to lose in Week 1."

Put into context within their recent history -- the Broncos haven't made the playoffs since the 2005 season and have gone 6-20 since Josh McDaniels' tenure started 6-0 -- more critics outside of Colorado are taking notice.

"We knew it was going to be this kind of environment surrounding (Orton) and whatever is going on," Lloyd said. "If (Orton) wins, we're all geniuses. If we lose, put in someone else. It's not new in sports. So this tactic that the media is taking is not new."

Despite fans clamoring loudly for Tebow late in the fourth quarter, some of his teammates don't expect Fox to make a change.

"I don't think anything is going to change with our depth chart," linebacker Joe Mays said via phone Tuesday. "I don't think that they're going to bring Tebow in. We just have to execute with what we have."

Both Tebow and Brady Quinn are listed as the No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart.

But Orton's Week 1 struggles, when he ranked as the 26th-rated passer with only 24 of 46 passes completed and one touchdown and one interception, has impatient fans pondering what the follow-up will be. He also fumbled the ball away without getting hit when his tight end was open in the end zone for the go-ahead score in the fourth quarter.

Hunter Kyle is our starter. He's a human being just like we all are. Sometimes things don't go the way that you want them to go, but you can't just be so quick to jump ship. (Kyle) is going to bounce back and everybody is going to be happy.
” -- Linebacker Jason Hunter on critics
calling for Orton's relegation to the bench

"Do you want Kyle to complete all those throws? Absolutely," Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan said. "Is he human? Yes, he is. Is he going to make mistakes? Yes, he is, and he did. So that's what we have to live with."

During this preseason, Tebow completed 64.5 percent of his passes for 310 yards, and finished with a 108.3 quarterback rating. Yet, despite being sacked seven times under a variety of circumstances, many of Tebow's fans point out his 31 pass attempts, in comparison to the 42 Brady and Orton each had in the same period.

"Would it have been different? We don't know, he didn't play," Haggan said on whether Monday night's outcome would have been any different if Tebow had played. "Obviously (Tebow) is more of a runner than Kyle, but I think Kyle also did some things good last night. At this point, Coach Fox says Kyle is our starter and we're not going to stir up controversy until Coach Fox says differently.

"If the coaches feel Tim Tebow is needed, they will use him. That is the same for any position and quarterback is no different."

Broncos players said they are eager to atone for their efforts against Oakland when they take on the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

In the meantime, linebacker Jason Hunter sent a message to Broncos faithful to keep their spirits high and emotions steady.

"Just be patient," Hunter said. "It's just the beginning of the season. Kyle is our starter. He's a human being just like we all are. Sometimes things don't go the way that you want them to go, but you can't just be so quick to jump ship."

"(Kyle) is going to bounce back and everybody is going to be happy."

the Talking Can
09-14-2011, 11:54 AM
He also fumbled the ball away without getting hit when his tight end was open in the end zone for the go-ahead score in the fourth quarter.

LMAO

hard to top that

Chiefspants
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
LMAO

hard to top that

22 Completions, 119 Yards. :Facepalm:

blaise
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I remember last year when knowmo was crowing about the Broncos locking up Orton with a contract.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2011, 12:26 PM
LMAO

hard to top that

Wet ball. Shit happens.

Warrior5
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Even though he's a stinkin' Donk, I'm the last person to bash any other team's QB.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
We need a QB controversy... Nothing is better for a franchise, the fans and the team than to play musical QB's...

We should just go on a 3 game rotation.. Start Palko in Detriot and Stanzi in SD, then Cassel after than... Wash, rinse and repeat...

Would make for an interesting season for sure...

DJ's left nut
09-15-2011, 04:03 PM
I haven't read it yet, but how much of it is Brandon Lloyd bitching?

The guy cried like a little bitch when Tebow was his QB last season because Orton was the first guy to ever make him look worth a crap. Meanwhile, Lloyd has developed a hell of a reputation as a prima donna and a me-first player that doesn't give a rip about his team - only his numbers.

Of course Lloyd would run his yapper again - how's he gonna get his with Tebow under center?

kcxiv
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM
22 Completions, 119 Yards. :Facepalm:

you forgot 3.3 yards per pass attempt even broke dick Thomas Jones can do that running. haha

kcxiv
09-15-2011, 04:06 PM

The guy cried like a little bitch when Tebow was his QB last season because Orton was the first guy to ever make him look worth a crap. Meanwhile, Lloyd has developed a hell of a reputation as a prima donna and a me-first player that doesn't give a rip about his team - only his numbers.

Of course Lloyd would run his yapper again - how's he gonna get his with Tebow under center?
He's on the tail end of his career dude wants a payday. I dont really blame him. i'd probably do the same. lol Broncos' arent winning shit anytime soon just like us.

MagicHef
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM

The crazy thing is that his numbers actually went up for the three games that Tebow started. But he sure does love him some Orton.

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Brady Quinn must feel great about all this.

Backwards Masking
09-15-2011, 05:01 PM
We should just go on a 3 game rotation.. Start Palko in Detriot and Stanzi in SD, then Cassel after than... Wash, rinse and repeat...

Would make for an interesting season for sure...

Thats actually not a bad idea. It gets around all the "this guy played in worse weather during his x game stretch, that guy played when we had the most injuries in his x game stretch, the other guy played the toughest teams during his x game stretch bullsh*t excuses.

You may really be on to something for teams like us and the Broncos that have multiple Qb options but no answer.