PDA

View Full Version : Football Urlacher leaves Bears to be with family after mother’s passing

luv
09-14-2011, 04:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Urlacher-leaves-Bears-to-be-with-family-after-mo?urn=nfl-wp7110

Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher(notes) has left the Chicago Bears for an open-ended period of time to be with his family following the unexpected passing of his mother, 51-year-old Lavoyda Lenard. Mrs. Lenard passed away on Monday, according to a statement released by the team.

No other information has been given as to the reason for her passing, and Lt. Brent Smith of the Titus County (Texas) Sheriff's Office told reporters that there was no evidence of foul play.

In a 2002 piece for ESPN Magazine, Urlacher called his mother "my heart."

"My mother, Lavoyda, unexpectedly passed away Monday at her home in Texas," Urlacher said in a statement released by the team. "My first priority right now is to be with my family as we mourn her loss and make the arrangements to lay her to rest," Urlacher said in a team-released statement. "This is a very difficult and emotional time for us and I sincerely ask that you respect our privacy. Thank you."

The Bears are obviously prepared to be understanding if Urlacher can't play, but they also know his value on the field. The team travels to New Orleans to play the Saints this Sunday afternoon.

"That's going to be tough for our football team (if Urlacher doesn't play Sunday)," Bears receiver Roy Williams told ESPN Chicago. "Whoever takes his spot (if necessary) will play well. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He is the emotional leader of the football team, so we have his back."

Defensive end Israel Idonije(notes) agreed. "Our hearts are with him," Idonije said. "It's one of those times that you can't imagine, and 100 percent of our support is with him. At the end of the day, family and life comes first."

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) talked about what Urlacher meant to a team that is 21-13 with Urlacher in the lineup, and 7-8 without him since 2008. "You can't replace a guy like him," Cutler said. "He's the heart and soul of this team."

Sorry if repost.

Bump
09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
damn, she died young. That sucks, you certainly can't blame him for leaving.

Shogun
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
THEYRE FUCKED

luv
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Who do you have more respect for? Favre playing immediately after losing his father, or Urlacher being able to walk away for a while?

Bump
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Who do you have more respect for? Favre playing immediately after losing his father, or Urlacher being able to walk away for a while?

I'm sure each have their own different and personal reasons. I respect them both equally on this matter.

kstater

No chance he doesn't play Sunday.

lcarus
His mother is more successful at passing than Cassel.

luv
09-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm sure each have their own different and personal reasons. I respect them both equally on this matter.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Doing either takes strength.

ModSocks
09-14-2011, 05:01 PM

OHHHH

Too soon, too soon.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
He will play and the media will laud him for being so courageous!

*weep*

big nasty kcnut
09-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Mrs. Lenard rip your son is a awesome person because of you and may god welcome you home with open arms.

SAUTO
09-14-2011, 05:54 PM

This...
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
09-14-2011, 05:58 PM
OHHHH

Too soon, too soon.

Eh, we're all gonna die someday. None of us know when. I'm sure his mother was a wonderful person. RIP

......shit there's no coming back from what I already said is there? Hard to come back from that.

Hoover
09-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I agree with those who think he will play and ESPN will crawl all over him.

Lets not do the whole BU is the best guy ever routine. I think he has kids with multiple women. Thank God he didn't knock up Paris Hilton...

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2011, 06:42 PM
No one will ever love you like your momma does. God Bless Brian.

SAUTO
09-14-2011, 07:12 PM
I agree with those who think he will play and ESPN will crawl all over him.

Lets not do the whole BU is the best guy ever routine. I think he has kids with multiple women. Thank God he didn't knock up Paris Hilton...

So having kids with more than one woman makes you a bad person now?
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
09-14-2011, 08:47 PM

I read that and thought, "My God, that's awful."

And yet, while I thought it, I was laughing.

I'm going to hell.

go bo
09-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I read that and thought, "My God, that's awful."

And yet, while I thought it, I was laughing.

I'm going to hell.

you won't be alone...

Hoover
09-14-2011, 09:33 PM
So having kids with more than one woman makes you a bad person now?
Posted via Mobile Device

It does when you're being promiscuous with women of questionable character.