PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Darren Sharper

MahiMike
09-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Why haven't we brought him in?

Safety Darren Sharper, who is a free agent, on watching Sunday's games from home, tweeted: "To answer a tweeter's question. The toughest thing about watching this weekend's games is watching guys play that aren't half as good as u are."

Sofa King
09-15-2011, 08:50 AM
No shit.

Dragonocho
09-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Why haven't we brought him in?

Safety Darren Sharper, who is a free agent, on watching Sunday's games from home, tweeted: "To answer a tweeter's question. The toughest thing about watching this weekend's games is watching guys play that aren't half as good as u are."

Was he watching in a #42 Chiefs Jersey with Piscitelli crossed out?

ChiTown
09-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Was he watching in a #42 Chiefs Jersey with Piscitelli crossed out?

:LOL:

I'd take Sharper on a 2-year contract in a heartbeat.

Chiefshrink
09-15-2011, 08:56 AM
There is a reason Sharper is not playing for anybody at this point.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2011, 08:56 AM
"Sorry, we're tapped out" -- Clark Hunt

mnchiefsguy
09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
:LOL:

I'd take Sharper on a 2-year contract in a heartbeat.

Absolutely. And if he wanted too much money, who cares? We have the cap room and the contract would be a quick one. Front load the first year so the second does not affect the cap that much and get him in here.

DJ's left nut

Yeah, I'm sure he's worse than Piecoshitty.

No, there's really no reason at all that Darren Sharper isn't playing for the Chiefs apart from the fact that Hunt is a skinflint and Pioli has given up on the season.

But hey - make sure to get those season tickets renewed for 2012.

What a joke of a franchise.

DMAC

But no reason he isn't playing for us.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 08:58 AM

slow.

ChiTown
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM

True, but there isn't any reason whatsoever that he shouldn't be playing for the Strong Safetyless Chiefs.

DMAC
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
slow.

At least he has a GENERAL IDEA of the position

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 09:01 AM
and so did brown. and macgraw. shall we add sharper? nah, this is a developing team. they need guys to get playing time and develop.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
and so did brown. and macgraw. shall we add sharper? nah, this is a developing team. they need guys to get playing time and develop.

You're right.

Let's make sure we get McGraw and some slapdick more playing time - surely they're our future.

This team has no legitimate developmental safety talent. Brown could be that guy, but it's apparent that the Chiefs aren't going to use him there. Washington SUUUCKS and wouldn't be on the roster if he wasn't one of the draft picks from the vaunted 2009 draft class.

Gimme a break with that nonsense - Darren Sharper wouldn't block anyone and he might actually keep Justin Houston from getting abused in coverage by being able to ball-hawk a little and make quarterbacks think twice by being where he's supposed to be.

It's an absolute joke that we haven't given him a look.

Johnny Vegas
09-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Bring in Tuff Harris. That kid needs a chance to shine.

Brock
09-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Yeah, man, we really need Sabby Piscitelli to get better for the future.

Omaha
09-15-2011, 09:13 AM
John Motherfucking McGraw, bitches!

The Franchise
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM

You're starting to prove how much of an idiot you really are.

Chiefnj2
09-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Sign Ahmad Black from the Bucs practice squad.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/685645-ahmad-black-to-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-2011-nfl-draft-scouting-report

Brock
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM

That's a good idea.

The Franchise
09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
At this point....I'd rather see Myron Rolle instead of those two dumbasses.

lcarus
09-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Pioli won't bring Sharper in. That would hurt Piscitelli and McGraw's confidence. lol

lcarus
At this point....I'd rather see Myron Rolle instead of those two dumbasses.

How many Rolles are there?

Omaha
Pioli won't bring Sharper in. That would hurt Piscitelli and McGraw's confidence. lol

LMAO

acarter25
Somebody tweet this mother****** and tell him to call Pioli and demand a job.

Chiefnj2
09-15-2011, 09:48 AM
That's a good idea.

I don't know why the staff would want to go with an older, poor player who can't possibly add much to the future of the team, over a younger guy that has some potential and could be a decent diamond in the rough. I'm surprised our resident Gator hasn't been jumping up and down for this.

Rooster
09-15-2011, 09:49 AM
How many Rolles are there?

A lot. Pappa was a Rolleing Stone. :)

lcarus
09-15-2011, 09:50 AM
The fact that Piscitelli can start in the NFL makes me wanna start training and getting in shape. I'm 6'3, 225, white, and I run a 4.6 40. But I'm weak upper body and probably can't tackle for shit. I couldn't be much worse than Piscitelli.....seriously. I promise to stick on tight ends like glue though!

Sofa King
09-15-2011, 10:12 AM
The fact that Piscitelli can start in the NFL makes me wanna start training and getting in shape. I'm 6'3, 225, white, and I run a 4.6 40. But I'm weak upper body and probably can't tackle for shit. I couldn't be much worse than Piscitelli.....seriously. I promise to stick on tight ends like glue though!

Your first missed tackle would get you banned from this site.

Just sayin.

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2011, 10:16 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/685645-ahmad-black-to-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-2011-nfl-draft-scouting-report

I don't know why the staff would want to go with an older, poor player who can't possibly add much to the future of the team, over a younger guy that has some potential and could be a decent diamond in the rough. I'm surprised our resident Gator hasn't been jumping up and down for this.

I would LOVE for that to happen, but just don't think we'll do it. Black is undersized but makes up for it with instincts and ball-skills. He was hurt most of the preseason which is why he's on Tampa's PS instead of making the active roster.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
You're starting to prove how much of an idiot you really are.

okay. I'm starting to figure out which members are homo lovers on this site.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah, man, we really need Sabby Piscitelli to get better for the future.

here's how football works. Macgraw played SS when Berry was lost and Sabby played FS for a ****ing idiot named Kendrick Lewis.

Other than that, you did pretty good.

DMAC
09-15-2011, 10:53 AM
here's how football works. Macgraw played SS when Berry was lost and Sabby played FS for a ****ing idiot named Kendrick Lewis.

eh?

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM
eh?

I don't think it's English.

Brock
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM

You seem to have a problem following your own line of thinking. You don't want to bring in Sharper because you're afraid it will hinder a young team's development, while apparently saying that Kendrick Lewis shouldn't be playing, because he's too young and raw (I guess). Logical disconnect.

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
You seem to have a problem following your own line of thinking. You don't want to bring in Sharper because you're afraid it will hinder a young team's development, while apparently saying that Kendrick Lewis shouldn't be playing, because he's too young and raw (I guess). Logical disconnect.

Careful, you'll implode his tiny little brain.

mcaj22
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Kendrick Lewis plays FS (or lack thereof) but is still the FS

MCGRAW PLAYS BASE 3-4 DEFENSE, FIRST, SECOND DOWNS

SHITTY SHITITELLI IS THE SS IN NICKEL/SUB,

this is no difference than when they sub in Gilberry and Bailey for TJack and whoever else

Brock
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Kendrick Lewis plays FS (or lack thereof) but is still the FS

MCGRAW PLAYS BASE 3-4 DEFENSE, FIRST, SECOND DOWNS

SHITTY SHITITELLI IS THE SS IN NICKEL/SUB,

this is no difference than when they sub in Gilberry and Bailey for TJack and whoever else

And? They both blow, and neither one is important to the future of this team.

mcaj22
09-15-2011, 11:55 AM
And? They both blow, and neither one is important to the future of this team.

oh I agree, I was responding to that guy saying he'd rather have the future out there then a guy like Darren Sharper or whatever nonsense and the fact that he though Sabby played FS for Lewis, which maybe true, but was not true against the Bills once Berry went down

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
What's Sammy Knight up to?

Brock
09-15-2011, 12:07 PM
oh I agree, I was responding to that guy saying he'd rather have the future out there then a guy like Darren Sharper or whatever nonsense and the fact that he though Sabby played FS for Lewis, which maybe true, but was not true against the Bills once Berry went down

We are in agreement. :clap:

RealSNR
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
OH SHIT... Dawwen Shahpah... one of the hahdingest hittin' safeteees.... in da leeeeeeague

lcarus
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Your first missed tackle would get you banned from this site.

Just sayin.

For league minimum I could manage creating a new account. :D

Sofa King
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
For league minimum I could manage creating a new account. :D

IP Ban.

lcarus
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
What's Sammy Knight up to?

He and Greg Wesley are chillin, hamming it up at us.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM

it is you and others having the problem following the team, I'm just taking a little time out of my day to help.

Is it possible pulling Lewis out and putting in some scrub from the street will motivate Lewis to play better? should we poll on this? no. The answer is yes. Sabby is a big too and this appeals to the staff, who face big guys WR Loyd & WR Jackson plus TE's during 4 games every season. Do you see a pattern in the guys they are signing at DB lately? Washington = 6' 1", Jahlil = 6' 1", Sabby = 6' 3" and this group is taller than typical DB's. They would like to go tall for that purpose. Is Sabby any good? **** no. But that does not mean he can't be developed. He was dog doo. Great. You win. But you don't even consider what this does to the guy they are starting there - Lewis. In any event, the Chiefs are looking for big tall DB's for nickel & dime packages, of which they will run many against those teams with big targets.

Now, the staff has McGraw as their back up vet because he leads ST also. See how this works? Sharper may not be interested in sharing time and def won't play no ST so Pioli is not going to sign him, considering he already has a veteran safety. Is Sharper better than McGraw at safety? duh! But it doesn't fit.

Have any of you noticed how many freekin DB's on this 61 man roster? Pioli and Haley are doing it right, they are gearing up for the new NFL. They just have not found the right guys perhaps, or they have and they need to develop them. We'll see. But holy hell, Sabby P has been a Chief for how long and he's in a game. Lewis was not much better the first game last season, if at all.

I don't know if Sabby is any good, didn't really watch him play. Was busy watching the front seven struggles. Bailey was blown up so many times during that game, it was disappointing to see.

I'll say it again, because I really think it nails what's happening to the Chiefs these past 3 games; You can cover a poor secondary with good pass rush and a good QB. The Chiefs have had neither these past 3 games. That is their problem.

Blame the coaches, but Matt Cassel is throwing to all his checkdowns and generally putting players in bad positions all by himself. That swing pass to Jamaal was exhibit A. There were 4 defenders in front of that play, no way it was the right read. And again, if an NFL team can't rush the QB with 4 players, they got shit for players. It really ain't that mental.

mcaj22
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
yea but poor secondaries with good pass rushes (like Pitt or Baltimore, I assume are your reference defenses with this logic, STILL CAN AT LEAST COVER THE FUCKING CHECKDOWN PASS AND TE)

Thats our problem, our pass rush cant do anything when we cant cover a simple 5 yard dump to a any teams no named scrub TE that turns it into 10 yards and/or a simple touchdown

mcaj22
09-15-2011, 01:16 PM
and the fact that Pitt and Baltimore may have shitty CBs and a horrible FS or SS, but they still have the best pass rushes and 1 of the 4 guys in their secondary happen to be the best 1a and 1b safeties to probably ever play the game. So that helps too.

That's why we benefited, we had that potential, in Eric Berry, he was a poor poor mans version of Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu.

BossChief
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Your reason for why you think they wont bring in Sharper is because he doesnt play ST?

Really?

Thats dumb as fuck.

He wouldnt be brought in to be a quality backup that plays ST, he would be brought in to start and Piece of shitty (who used to play for cleveland and was terrible there, too) and McGraw would be the ST guys.

JFC some of these posts from the n00bs make my brain hurt.

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
okay. I'm starting to figure out which members are homo lovers on this site.

He was totally wrong, you're obviously a genius.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Your reason for why you think they wont bring in Sharper is because he doesnt play ST?

Really?

Thats dumb as ****.

He wouldnt be brought in to be a quality backup that plays ST, he would be brought in to start and Piece of shitty (who used to play for cleveland and was terrible there, too) and McGraw would be the ST guys.

JFC some of these posts from the n00bs make my brain hurt.

jesus dude, I wrote like five reasons up there and you just found one. that you talking you clown, not me.

Brock
09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Is Sabby any good? **** no. But that does not mean he can't be developed. He was dog doo. Great. You win.

I don't know if Sabby is any good, didn't really watch him play.

Yeah, ok. LMAO That's pretty much what I figured.

:homer:

BossChief
09-15-2011, 03:51 PM
jesus dude, I wrote like five reasons up there and you just found one. that you talking you clown, not me.

I didnt feel the need to waste my time with responding to the rest.

You saying that the reason they wouldnt bring in Sharper would have anything to do with special teams is all that needed to be addressed to make the point.

Bump
09-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I'd take him, I mean why the fuck not at this point? An old Sharper is 100 times better than what we have back there right now.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
I didnt feel the need to waste my time with responding to the rest.

You saying that the reason they wouldnt bring in Sharper would have anything to do with special teams is all that needed to be addressed to make the point.

serious question - do you get dressed up before you get on the interweb? :D

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
DARREN SHAPAH

ONE OF THE MOST HARDEST HITTIN SAFETIES IN DA LEEG

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, ok. LMAO That's pretty much what I figured.

:homer:

People with an IQ over 70 "see" other players and some things they do on the field without "watching" them. Just wanted to let you know what you're missing out on. :)

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
People with an IQ over 70 "see" other players and some things they do on the field without "watching" them. Just wanted to let you know what you're missing out on. :)

Quit bragging about your 71 IQ.

</post>
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/155/594/yesitis2.gif?1311943181

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Quit bragging about your 71 IQ.

hahaha got me

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
DARREN SHAPAH

ROFL HE'S PUTTING HIS TEAM ON HIS BACK...

Dude sounds like a black Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Urc Burry
09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
DARREN SHAPAH

ROFL hahahahhaha have you seen the voice over he did of the Marshawn playoff td?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sDd5DPAGoCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

acarter25
09-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Broncos are going to try him out.

BossChief
09-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Broncos are going to try him out.
link?

RealSNR
09-16-2011, 09:41 PM
DARREN SHAPAH

SPORTSRACUH

ONE OF THE MOST HARDEST REPOSTING POSTERS IN DA PLANET

acarter25
09-16-2011, 09:54 PM
link?

http://www.noticeorange.com/StoryBody?id=430853895&siteKey=agxub3RpY2VvcmFuZ2VyDAsSBFNpdGUYx_ABDA&font_size=9

There it is.

BossChief
09-17-2011, 12:20 AM
That pisses me off a bit. If they can give him a look, so can we and our safety situation is worse.

mcaj22
09-17-2011, 12:43 AM
if hes willing to play/tryout for a shit team like Denver then he should be willing to come here