PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which QTR Will Cassel Get Benched?

Ace Gunner
09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
This week, Matt Cassel will meet another talented defense. Unless he pulls his head out his ass, he'll show his ass once again. At some point, Haley is going to sit him, if not for a game, maybe until he proves he can lead this football team.

When does it happen?

ModSocks
09-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Last weeks debacle had much more to with the coaching staff than with Cassel IMO. He will not get benched.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
ROFL

Not any time soon...

Donger
None of them.

jd1020
No matter how bad Cassel is playing, I dont see anything happening before the BYE.

suds79
Todd will be gone before Matt gets benched.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Matt this year.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
my guess is when the TEAM shows up to play a couple of weeks in a row and CASSEL doesnt..

Until then, Make room on the bench next to him, cause there are alot of fuckers on this team that need some bench time also...

Bewbies
09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
The only way Cassel sees the bench is if he's hurt.

Mr. Laz
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Never ... unless you count temporarily pulling Cassel because of huge score difference during a game.

Cassel will get benched the day he loses the starting job permanently, not before.

jd1020
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Never ... unless you count temporarily pulling Cassel because of huge score difference during a game.

That wont happen either. That's the perfect time for Cassel to pad his stats (Denver).

The Franchise
It would take a game where we were winning....and Cassel single handedly lost us the game.

Dragonocho
I predict he will reverse his performance this week. His efficiency will go from 5.2 yards per attempt to 2.5 yards per attempt.

PastorMikH
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Where's Thigpen when we need him!!!

Rausch
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't think there's a performance $3itty enough to get him benched...

Rausch
09-15-2011, 11:11 AM

Buffalo...

kcmaxwell
09-15-2011, 11:17 AM
I think the chances of Cassell getting benched are about even of Todd gone by the bye week... nonexistent. They are both here for the season. We don't have to like it, we do have to deal with it.

Okie_Apparition
09-15-2011, 11:35 AM
He'll take a sack he shouldn't first & not get back up without help. It looks like it's only a matter of time

Dayze
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I doubt he'll ever get benched.

Dragonocho
09-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Bledsoe was the Patriot's starting QB before he got hurt "forcing" Tom Brady to play. Hope Stanzi's active.

jd1020
09-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Bledsoe was the Patriot's starting QB before he got hurt "forcing" Tom Brady to play. Hope Stanzi's active.

Even if he happens to be active if/when that happens Stanzi wont be under center.

Dragonocho
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Even if he happens to be active if/when that happens Stanzi wont be under center.

I can only hope.

JohninGpt
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I voted not this week. But I don't think he gets benched unless he gets injured.

JD10367
09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Cassel finishes the first half with around 78 yards, 0 TDs, and an INT, and again looks clueless. Near the end of the half he takes a shot that leaves him gimpy.

After halftime, Stanzi comes out blazing and leads the Chiefs to a comeback win, and then rolls through the season kicking ass as the starter.

Sales of Kleenex and lotion in the KC area hit an all-time high. LMAO

Okie_Apparition
09-15-2011, 11:53 AM
The supplies are already bought in advance for that day & I need paper towels

rico
09-15-2011, 11:56 AM
A couple people actually voted that they believe he will be gone sometime during the game? They must be really counting on him being Suh-plexed.

Rausch
09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
I think the chances of Cassell getting benched are about even of Todd gone by the bye week...

FUCK YEAH!

We got teh 0dd T0dd back!?!!?

King_Chief_Fan
09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
This week, Matt Cassel will meet another talented defense. Unless he pulls his head out his ass, he'll show his ass once again. At some point, Haley is going to sit him, if not for a game, maybe until he proves he can lead this football team.

When does it happen?

not until he is injured

NJChiefsFan
09-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Cassel finishes the first half with around 78 yards, 0 TDs, and an INT, and again looks clueless. Near the end of the half he takes a shot that leaves him gimpy.

After halftime, Stanzi comes out blazing and leads the Chiefs to a comeback win, and then rolls through the season kicking ass as the starter.

Sales might go up just from that story alone.

I don't think there's a performance $3itty enough to get him benched...

I agree. Honestly, if the Chiefs defense gives up zero points, Charles rushes for 300 yards and 3 tds, and Cassel goes 1-18 with 4 pick 6's to lose the game, he doesn't get benched.

I just don't see it. IF he does get hurt, they probably put in Palko.

Real question is, what week does Stanzi actually dress?

Cassel can not get hurt until he proves(to the Front Office), that he sucks. As much as I want to see Stanzi this year, Cassel proving to Pioli that he is horrible is more important. The idea, ugh, the idea that he could somehow still be around next year is too much. That is the first objective. Anything else this year is gravy.

Predarat
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
He won't.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Gee, I'd hate for him to get a broken spine or something.

whoman69
09-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't see Check Down being benched this game. Most teams don't give up on their starting QB in week 2, especially when there's no experience option available. If this team is 0-4 or 0-5 there is zero reason to keep Check Down in there.

Okie_Apparition
09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Huard-Thigpen-Croyle-Cassel. Dues should be paid

Bump
09-15-2011, 04:25 PM
he's gonna have to throw 15 interceptions in one game to get benched, obviously.

CupidStunt
09-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Week 1 next year when he's in his rightful role of backup QB on a good team (not the Chiefs, obviously).

luv
09-15-2011, 04:36 PM

Well, there's a blast from the past!

DJ's left nut
09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Face the horror, children.

If it ain't happened yet - it ain't gonna happen.

Cassel's your quarterback if he's upright.

PastorMikH
09-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Well, there's a blast from the past!

Me posting or the Thigpen comment? :)

luv
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Me posting or the Thigpen comment? :)

You! Good to see you!

PastorMikH
09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
You! Good to see you!

Thanks Luv! Thought I'd step in and see what's née on the chiefs. Looks kinda like it has for the last decade tho.

luv
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks Luv! Thought I'd step in and see what's née on the chiefs. Looks kinda like it has for the last decade tho.

Same shit, different coach.

PastorMikH
09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Same shit, different coach.

Didn't really expect it to be any different.

FRCDFED
09-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't see Check Down being benched this game. Most teams don't give up on their starting QB in week 2, especially when there's no experience option available. If this team is 0-4 or 0-5 there is zero reason to keep Check Down in there. There may not be an experience option available but seriously...........does it take an experience option to out perform 5.2 yds per completion? If that's all we're gonna get then may as well play the rook!

NJChiefsFan
09-15-2011, 04:58 PM
There may not be an experience option available but seriously...........does it take an experience option to out perform 5.2 yds per completion? If that's all we're gonna get then may as well play the rook!

Atleast a crappy performance from Stanzi would maybe lead to better days. Getting it from Cassel is just a waste.

FRCDFED
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Atleast a crappy performance from Stanzi would maybe lead to better days. Getting it from Cassel is just a waste.
Agreed!

NJChiefsFan
09-15-2011, 05:12 PM
A little perspective on public's perception of KC after last game...

We went from -7.5 against BUF with us being top suvivor team in Yahoo to

+9.5 at DET. For comparision, CAR is only +11.5 against GB and they were the worst team last year and GB the best.

Rams Fan
09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Stanzi won't see any playing time at QB unless Cassel and Palko are hurt.

el borracho
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I rather doubt they bench Cassell at all this season but, if they do, it won't be until much later in the year- after the Pats/Steelers/Bears/Jets/Packers. I just can't imagine they would throw Palko or Stanzi to the wolves like that so maybe Cassell sits for the last two games (Raiders/Broncos) but not likely before.

whoman69
09-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Stanzi won't see any playing time at QB unless Cassel and Palko are hurt.

If you have a lost season you look to your future. I don't really think anyone thinks Palko is that future. He might be the #2 right now because of a slight experience difference, but he is not the future of this franchise.

NJChiefsFan
09-15-2011, 07:51 PM
If you have a lost season you look to your future. I don't really think anyone thinks Palko is that future. He might be the #2 right now because of a slight experience difference, but he is not the future of this franchise.

You are correct, but I think Rams Fan was speaking in terms of what KC will do, not what they should. Hopefully if the season gets out of hand they jump to Stanzi, but who knows.

milkman
09-15-2011, 07:53 PM

I don't think Cassel passes for 100 yards for the entire game, so I I'm betting he doesn't approach 78 for the first half.

CoMoChief
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM
As long as Pioli is here, Matt is here, because Pioli is too arrogant to admit that he fucked up and didn't find another Tom Brady this time around, but instead found another Scott Mitchell.

That's why Pioli handed him a giant contract along with a starting job.

That's why Pioli doesn't get a veteran backup QB or bring anyone in to create any kind of QB competition....instead we've been lucky enough to be stuck with Croyle, Palko, and now Stanzi as the backups almost ensuring Cassel is the starter pretty much by default.

FAX
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Sadly, I don't see Haley pulling Cassel. In his last presser, Haley was asked a question about the guy and he expressed confidence in his quarterback (I mean, what else is he going to say in public?).

We're stuck with this walrus ball eater for awhile longer, unfortunately.

Pioli's biggest mistake, so far.

FAX

milkman
09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
As long as Pioli is here, Matt is here, because Pioli is too arrogant to admit that he ****ed up and didn't find another Tom Brady this time around, but instead found another Scott Mitchell.

That's why Pioli handed him a giant contract along with a starting job.

That's why Pioli doesn't get a veteran backup QB or bring anyone in to create any kind of QB competition....instead we've been lucky enough to be stuck with Croyle, Palko, and now Stanzi as the backups almost ensuring Cassel is the starter pretty much by default.

Right now, Scott Mitchell looks like a good QB compared to what we have.

TimeForWasp
09-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm hoping Stanzi unquestionably takes over the backup job before anything happens that cassel lose his start.

fbal4lif32
09-15-2011, 09:56 PM

PastorMikh!

rico
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
One thing that I have noticed about the Chiefs these past couple years is that at times you see an abundance of acrobatic catches. However, you see just as many dropped balls that were thrown right to them. Why is it that some of the guys can make circus catches and then drop an easy reception 1-2 minutes later? Is it because they have become so accustomed to Noodle Arm Casserole's inaccuracy that they aren't expecting the ball to be a perfect shot at them?

ClevelandBronco
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Not before 48 quarters unless you guys pick up someone.

Rasputin
09-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think they want Palko or Stanzi to "show up" the tallent of Matt Cassel. They want Cassel to be the guy for what ever reason IDK? Maybe he has pictures of them in compromizing positions?

rico
09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't think they want Palko or Stanzi to "show up" the tallent of Matt Cassel. They want Cassel to be the guy for what ever reason IDK? Maybe he has pictures of them in compromizing positions?

I think someone has taken a liking to being partially responsible for Cinderella stories similar to that of Tom Brady.

BossChief
09-15-2011, 11:58 PM
They cant make a change until they are absolutely positive Cassel is done getting better and that a change is NEEDED.

I hate to say it and know its unpopular, but Cassel deserves to be the starter this year until the hope of the year is over in terms of the playoffs.

I can see a change being made this year, but not till the final stretch.

NJChiefsFan
09-16-2011, 12:08 AM
They cant make a change until they are absolutely positive Cassel is done getting better and that a change is NEEDED.

I hate to say it and know its unpopular, but Cassel deserves to be the starter this year until the hope of the year is over in terms of the playoffs.

I can see a change being made this year, but not till the final stretch.

I just hope that if Stanzi comes in, he plays in enough for us to atleast get some idea, even if realistically its not going to be enough. Stanzi would have to light the world up to make us even consider not drafting a QB next year. Even then you probably should.

BossChief
09-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I just hope that if Stanzi comes in, he plays in enough for us to atleast get some idea, even if realistically its not going to be enough. Stanzi would have to light the world up to make us even consider not drafting a QB next year. Even then you probably should.

If Cassel doesn't grow into a real franchise QB this year with this schedule, we NEED to invest in a premier prospect so that he gets groomed by Zorn and this staff.

I say this even though I have a opinion that we got a diamond in the rough in Stanzi.

NJChiefsFan
09-16-2011, 12:18 AM
If Cassel doesn't grow into a real franchise QB this year with this schedule, we NEED to invest in a premier prospect so that he gets groomed by Zorn and this staff.

I say this even though I have a opinion that we got a diamond in the rough in Stanzi.

Yeah it just isn't worth risking anymore. If we draft a QB next year and Stanzi ends up being real good, oh well. I will take that problem over trusting Stanzi and it not working any day of the week.

NJChiefsFan
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Does everyone still think he lasts the entire year after the last game and him actually getting taken out even if it was garbage time. Haley said multiple times Cassel demands not to be taken out of blow outs and he always listened to him until last Sunday.

I am getting the feeling that we may actually see Stanzi this year.

jd1020
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Does everyone still think he lasts the entire year after the last game and him actually getting taken out even if it was garbage time. Haley said multiple times Cassel demands not to be taken out of blow outs and he always listened to him until last Sunday.

I am getting the feeling that we may actually see Stanzi this year.

Stanzi hasn't even been active. We will see Palko.

NJChiefsFan
09-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Stanzi hasn't even been active. We will see Palko.

I don't disagree we see him first. If they move to Palko, I can't see him playing out the season.

Drunk
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
he'll be benched at halftime.