PDA

View Full Version : Weather You know that smell you get when something's changed?

Jenson71
09-15-2011, 01:40 PM
We're in that transition time where summer soon becomes fall, and I can't help but have that "Things are changing" feeling. It's some sort of chemical imbalance that really throws a person into a whole other feeling.

Do you like that feeling? I kind of do, but at times, I just wish I could shut it off. But the chemicals of nature and non-, that smell, that breath of air, it just takes you to a different world than usual.

Sofa King
09-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I know archery hunting's coming now. It hit 30's here last night. Saw the first frost on the top of a couple buildings.

Fall should last about a week then it's back to 9 months of winter.

DMAC
09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
You mean when you feel like shit because the Chiefs are playing?

Fritz88
09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Fall should last about a week then it's back to 9 months of winter.

In South Dakota...yeah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenson71
09-15-2011, 01:49 PM
It happened to me when I moved to New Jersey, too. It's an almost-overwhelming, all-powerful feeling that you can't forget. It's like a high except you're so totally conscious of all things pertaining to you.

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
We're in that transition time where summer soon becomes fall, and I can't help but have that "Things are changing" feeling. It's some sort of chemical imbalance that really throws a person into a whole other feeling.

Do you like that feeling? I kind of do, but at times, I just wish I could shut it off. But the chemicals of nature and non-, that smell, that breath of air, it just takes you to a different world than usual.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScRmj935eswrRKJ-6RP0nQLM-6Z4vpb4JMl_9pKB4Z7WM8_dd_xg

Donger
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Smell? No. But I notice that the amount of daylight is getting less and less. That happens every year, though.

loochy
09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
I really have no clue about this feeling you are talking about.

Do you mean when you go outside and it feels colder? That's called feeling temperature on your skin.

Fish
09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Not a diaper thread.....

tooge
09-15-2011, 02:38 PM
I love it. It's the smell of cool weather, hunting, wood cutting, cooking large one pot meals to freeze for the winter. It's hunkerin down weather, and it is first detected by that hunkerin down smell in the air. It's the smell that somewhere, deep down in our brains from thousands of years ago, tells us that its time to prepare for winter. Tidy up the den, collect fuel, prepare food. It's my favorite time of year.

DMAC
09-15-2011, 02:39 PM
You ever get that..."not so fresh" feeling?

Priest31kc
09-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I really have no clue about this feeling you are talking about.

Do you mean when you go outside and it feels colder? That's called feeling temperature on your skin.

LMAO

sd4chiefs
09-15-2011, 03:32 PM
In October in San Diego if you walk outside and smell smoke you start packing your Sh*t and put it in the car. If you see smoke you just make a run for it.

Okie_Apparition
09-15-2011, 03:57 PM
THe training jock feeling a bit...constrictive
Good job :highfive:

loochy
09-15-2011, 04:01 PM
In October in San Diego if you walk outside and smell smoke you start packing your Sh*t and put it in the car. If you see smoke you just make a run for it.

If you smoke pole then you are a Chargers fan.