PDA

View Full Version : Football FOX no longer carrying NFL games in HD?

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I have Dish Network and for some reason FOX (channel 27) is no longer carrying NFL games. Some local channel (channel 5 on DISH) with no HD is carrying them. Is this a nationwide thing, or just a local thing, or just a DISH thing? I can't imagine any reason why all NFL games would not be available in HD in this day and age.

EDIT: Here is the response I got from a DISH Network customer service rep:

Well this channel has changed their affiliation from a FOX to IND. This station is in the Springfield, MO DMA.

Whatever that means?

DaFace
09-17-2011, 09:35 AM
It's a local thing. As for how to get around it...:shrug:

notorious
09-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Same problem I have with DirecTV in SW Kansas. The local channels won't allow the dish company to send the HD signal due to local advertising.

Fucking bullshit. I can only pick up one station over the air, but DirecTV told me they can't do anything about it.

DishNet, here I come. Fuck you DirecTV.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Same problem I have with DirecTV in SW Kansas. The local channels won't allow the dish company to send the HD signal due to local advertising.

****ing bullshit. I can only pick up one station over the air, but DirecTV told me they can't do anything about it.

DishNet, here I come. **** you DirecTV.

Did you hear me just say that Dish doesn't have FOX in HD?

DaFace
09-17-2011, 09:38 AM

Fucking bullshit. I can only pick up one station over the air, but DirecTV told me they can't do anything about it.

DishNet, here I come. Fuck you DirecTV.

Statement B does not logically flow from Statement A.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Did you hear me just say that Dish doesn't have FOX in HD?

Did you hear DaFace just say it's a local thing?

Al Bundy
09-17-2011, 09:40 AM

****ing bullshit. I can only pick up one station over the air, but DirecTV told me they can't do anything about it.

DishNet, here I come. **** you DirecTV.

Dishnet isn't going to do you any good either. You will have to go with one of the Cable companies it looks like.

Dave Lane
09-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Its better in Normal res. I cry less.

LMAO

DaFace
09-17-2011, 09:42 AM
thurman - This is probably dumb, but just for fun, check channel 5203.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Is this going to affect my Sunday ticket? I live in Springfield. This is fucked.

DaFace
09-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Wait - are you saying that your local FOX station is showing something other than NFL games on Sunday? That seems odd.

I thought you were just saying that you weren't getting your local FOX station in HD anymore.

DaFace
09-17-2011, 09:51 AM
OK, found this:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=195534

Basically, your local FOX affiliate is changing stations. It used to be KSFX (27), but now it's KRBK (49). Dish is slow in getting the HD channel moved over for some reason, but could have it done by the end of the month. Until then...go visit someone with cable or DirecTV if you can't handle SD.

notorious
09-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Statement B does not logically flow from Statement A.

My Father and my cousin have Dish NW in the same area. Dish Network carries HD locals.

It doesn't make sense that Dish can show locals but DirecTV can't, but that is how it is.

Maybe Dish Net has a contract with the local affiliates. I am not sure.

DaFace
09-17-2011, 09:58 AM
My Father and my cousin have Dish NW in the same area. Dish Network carries HD locals.

It doesn't make sense that Dish can show locals but DirecTV can't, but that is how it is.

It's all about the $$$. There are some areas where Dish has HD locals that DTV doesn't, and some areas where DTV has HD locals that Dish doesn't. The issue is almost entirely in smaller DMA's. Unfortunately, about all you can do is switch providers (even though it's not entirely their fault) unless you want to deal with an antenna.

notorious
09-17-2011, 10:00 AM
It's all about the $$$. There are some areas where Dish has HD locals that DTV doesn't, and some areas where DTV has HD locals that Dish doesn't. Unfortunately, about all you can do is switch providers (even though it's not entirely their fault) unless you want to deal with an antenna.

Yep.

The problem with the antenna is that we can only receive one over-the-air channel. I do undertand why Direct doesn't care about us small-towners, but they have lost a lot of business over this problem.

Kraus
09-17-2011, 12:49 PM
I have Dish Network and for some reason FOX (channel 27) is no longer carrying NFL games. Some local channel (channel 5 on DISH) with no HD is carrying them. Is this a nationwide thing, or just a local thing, or just a DISH thing? I can't imagine any reason why all NFL games would not be available in HD in this day and age.

EDIT: Here is the response I got from a DISH Network customer service rep:

Whatever that means?

KSFX lost the contract with FOX and switched to KOZL, an independent station. If you're looking for FOX programming, find the channel KRBK.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 03:07 PM
OK, found this:

Basically, your local FOX affiliate is changing stations. It used to be KSFX (27), but now it's KRBK (49). Dish is slow in getting the HD channel moved over for some reason, but could have it done by the end of the month. Until then...go visit someone with cable or DirecTV if you can't handle SD.

Ah, cool. Hopefully it's done by the end of the month. Luckily the Chiefs will be on CBS until then.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Wait - are you saying that your local FOX station is showing something other than NFL games on Sunday? That seems odd.

I thought you were just saying that you weren't getting your local FOX station in HD anymore.

Yeah, FOX is still in HD, but not showing football. Here is the afternoon schedule tomorrow:

12-1 Paid Programming
1-3 Matlock
3-3:30 Cheers
3:30-4 Everybody Loves Raymond
4-5 The Closer
5-6 House

WTF?

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM

Maybe Dish Net has a contract with the local affiliates. I am not sure.

Dish carries the HD locals here too, but for some reason FOX is just not showing the games at all right now. They are on channel 5 (KRBK).

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
KSFX lost the contract with FOX and switched to KOZL, an independent station. If you're looking for FOX programming, find the channel KRBK.

Wow, I just looked at the schedule, and it looks like you're right. KSFX isn't showing any of the normal FOX programming. They're basically just showing re-runs all day every day. Everything is on KRBK. Hopefully they'll get it in HD soon.

seaofred
09-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Ok. KSFX (27) isn't Fox anymore. It's just a local Springfield station. Fox is now channel (5) KRBK. They just havent gotten the HD switched over.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Ok. KSFX (27) isn't Fox anymore. It's just a local Springfield station. Fox is now channel (5) KRBK. They just havent gotten the HD switched over.

Correct.

Chiefaholic
09-17-2011, 06:13 PM
So are the local Chief games on FOX be aired on Direct TV at all this year? If not, I'll have to climb on the roof and mount a damn antenna to watch games on KRBK

BmoreBills
09-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I thought there was a federal law mandating transition to HD? Why isn't this affiliate required to transmit the games in HD?

DaFace
09-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Reading comprehension skills seem to be severely lacking in this thread.

cardken
09-17-2011, 06:59 PM
My area has no HD broadcast for CBS, kinda stupid in this day and age to not broadcast in HD. Cheap Bastards.

Chiefaholic
09-17-2011, 08:43 PM

Not lack of reading comprehension, just ignorance to how Direct TV will handle the situation. Direct TV carries the local channels of 3 (NBC), 10 (CBS), 21 (PBS), 27 (part time FOX except on nights and weekends), and 33 (ABC). They do NOT carry channel 5 (FOX on nights and weekends) which is the channel that I assume takes over the Chiefs broadcast. If this is the case, I'll have to mount an antenna to the roof for no other reason than to watch the Chiefs on Sundays. If I'm wrong, correct me...

Kraus
09-17-2011, 08:54 PM

It's quite scary. See below:

Not lack of reading comprehension, just ignorance to how Direct TV will handle the situation. Direct TV carries the local channels of 3 (NBC), 10 (CBS), 21 (PBS), 27 (part time FOX except on nights and weekends), and 33 (ABC).

What part of this...

... don't you understand. There is no part-time Fox. KOZL (The old KSFX) is independent - no affliation with Fox anymore. All Fox programming is on KRBK.

Wow, I just looked at the schedule, and it looks like you're right. KSFX isn't showing any of the normal FOX programming. They're basically just showing re-runs all day every day. Everything is on KRBK. Hopefully they'll get it in HD soon.

Correct, KSFX is no longer - it is now KOZL which is just an independent station that is filling time where Fox Network programming used to be.

Now if people would stop calling me at KOLR/KOZL asking where there Fox programming is, that would be appreciated!

09-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Our local FOX affiliate doesn't broadcast in HD either. They have been saying forever that they will but they never do. I haven't checked in about 5 months so I don't know if that has changed or not.

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2011, 09:11 PM
The owners of KRBK just live right down the road from me.

Okie_Apparition
09-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Because Obama wasn't born in the continental US

Chiefaholic
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Just finished installing a rooftop antenna and found KRBK on channel 49-1

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Just finished installing a rooftop antenna and found KRBK on channel 49-1

Check channel 49 on Direct TV.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.foxkrbk.com/station/whats-happening/Making-the-Switch-to-the-new-home-of-FOX-this-fall-126140934.html

Chiefaholic
09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL... Wasn't a major expense and now I have a backup plan when it's raining and my Direct TV keeps searching for signal. It was pretty choppy today and it didn't rain all that hard

Mama Hip Rockets
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
OK, found this:

:cuss:

Still not in HD! I really don't want to watch the Chiefs game in SD this week.