PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Guys, what is happening now is GREAT for the Chiefs future

FloridaMan88
09-18-2011, 01:51 PM
The Chiefs are ripping the band-aid off now... RIPPING the band-aid off the NASTY, INFECTED, PIECE OF SHIT that Haley and Pioli have let fester in KC.

One of the easiest schedules in recent NFL history helped cover this up last season, but now there is no doubt, no way to hide.

So now the Chiefs are ripping the band-aid off and putting themselves in a position to FINALLY draft a franchise QB.

This season is going to be painful... no doubt. But if the end result of this season means 1) No more Haley, 2) No more Cassel and 3) Being in a position to draft Andrew Luck... wouldn't you say it is worth it? One season of hell for potentially 10+ years of having a franchise caliber QB.

Indy went through this in 1997 before getting Manning. The Lions went through this for several years before geting Stafford. The Falcons went through a post-Vick hell year before getting Matt Ryan.

This is the year... the Chiefs can't mess this up and win meaningless games at the end. This is the year to finally rip that band-aid off to get a franchise caliber QB.

09-18-2011, 01:52 PM
dream on

Fritz88
Shit. I thought the same when we got shut down at Carolina with Herm.

Sweet story brah.

Molitoth
I can see the chiefs not picking Luck though.

Hammock Parties
frauds

smelling like herm and carl

farmerchief
09-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Pioli would just screw up the #1 pick and trade down for more picks! :-(

MichaelH
09-18-2011, 01:54 PM
SO.... this is just like the Marty years. And the Dickie years. And the Hermie years. A lot of hope, not much success and back to the drawing board yet again. I don't know about anyone else but I was sick of this shit in 1998.

Baby Lee
09-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Like we ripped the bandaid off in 89, 98, 2000, 2005, 2009.

the Talking Can
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
we went through this a couple of years ago and our genious GM drafted Tyson Jackson

WilliamTheIrish
09-18-2011, 02:03 PM
We don't have the balls to draft a QB. This is never going to end.

4th and Long
09-18-2011, 02:04 PM
The Chiefs FUTURE??? That ranks right up their with 'pork futures.'

BACON is NOT a career.
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
09-18-2011, 02:04 PM

Not true. Just drafted one last year.

keg in kc
09-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey look, Mr. Sunshine shows up after a loss. This hasn't ever happened before.

the Talking Can
09-18-2011, 02:05 PM

yeah, he was obviously referencing 5th round picks

or maybe he meant a first round QB?

maybe?

stevieray
09-18-2011, 02:06 PM

never have, never will....not one QB developed in forty years. think about that.

...we seem to think we're still the underdog from the AFL and miracles will happen without being proactive.

I'm sick of it.

WilliamTheIrish
09-18-2011, 02:08 PM

Let me rephrase: we don't have the balls to draft a franchise type QB. In the first round. Especially one named Luck.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Like we ripped the bandaid off in 89, 98, 2000, 2005, 2009.

The Chiefs will never been in as good of a position to draft a legit franchise caliber QB as they will be with Luck IF they don't blow this.

The stars will align in April if the Chiefs don't blow this.

Brock
09-18-2011, 02:09 PM

LMAO

09-18-2011, 02:09 PM
The Chiefs will never been in as good of a position to draft a legit franchise caliber QB as they will be with Luck IF they don't blow this.

The stars will align in April if the Chiefs don't blow this.could have drafted Brees

Spott
09-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Pioli=Carl with an obsession with ex-Patriot players(instead of 49ers)

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2011, 02:12 PM

The stars will align in April if the Chiefs don't blow this.

KC is has the right amount of fucked up to be a front runner for the Luck sweepstakes. Especially if Jamaal's gone now too

MichaelH
09-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Pioli=Carl with an obsession with ex-Patriot players(instead of 49ers)

Very good point! :clap:

teedubya
09-18-2011, 02:20 PM
AND WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK OVERALL... THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS DRAFT... A TYSON JACKSON EQUIVALENT.

O.city
09-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Best thing is that if we do draft Luck, and all our injuries come back normal next year, with the talent on offense and Luck at the helm we would have a pretty good start.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
And the Kansas City Chiefs select Matt Kalil, OT, USC. Just shoot me now.

DaFace
09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
At this point, it's clear that the band-aid isn't the issue. The wound has clearly been infected.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
A weak schedule does not explain losing games by 30 and 40 points. This is some of the most pathetic football I've ever seen. They've nearly topped last seasons turnover total ALREADY.

dallaschiefsfan
09-18-2011, 03:29 PM
The Chiefs are ripping the band-aid off now... RIPPING the band-aid off the NASTY, INFECTED, PIECE OF SHIT that Haley and Pioli have let fester in KC.

Look man...I want another QB as much as the next guy...but whether you liked the move or not, they thought they were addressing the QB spot with Cassell. It was obviously a mistake. But they didn't "let anything fester". They took a gamble...they lost. If they had refused to draft a QB when they were brought in AND kept Thigpen as the starter...the above quote would be 100% true. But they actually thought they were getting their franchise QB (at least Pioli probably thought that).

I'll say this. If they don't begin the post-Cassell era at some point this year or make it clear that Cassell is not the future, then they are certainly letting things fester from this point forward. They probably need to bench Cassell next week for the good of the team, regardless of who starts for the rest of the year.

dallaschiefsfan
09-18-2011, 03:30 PM
A weak schedule does not explain losing games by 30 and 40 points. This is some of the most pathetic football I've ever seen. They've nearly topped last seasons turnover total ALREADY.

Yup...and Cassell is responsible for how many of those turnovers?

Week one...the issue was game prep and in-game management. Week 2 is nearly 100% on the QB.

BigRedChief
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM
dream onMaybe its just my negative attitude towards this team at this moment in time but I just don't believe that they will take Luck.

To see my team take the consensus best QB coming out of college is just too good of a dream to dream.

Priest31kc
09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Our 2 best players w/torn ACLs = Not good for the future.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-18-2011, 04:12 PM

One of the easiest schedules in recent NFL history helped cover this up last season, but now there is no doubt, no way to hide.

So now the Chiefs are ripping the band-aid off and putting themselves in a position to FINALLY draft a franchise QB.

This season is going to be painful... no doubt. But if the end result of this season means 1) No more Haley, 2) No more Cassel and 3) Being in a position to draft Andrew Luck... wouldn't you say it is worth it? One season of hell for potentially 10+ years of having a franchise caliber QB.

Indy went through this in 1997 before getting Manning. The Lions went through this for several years before geting Stafford. The Falcons went through a post-Vick hell year before getting Matt Ryan.

This is the year... the Chiefs can't mess this up and win meaningless games at the end. This is the year to finally rip that band-aid off to get a franchise caliber QB.

You mean like when Carl & Herm leaving where good for the future and Pioli/Haley were going to save us? OK I believe now then.

09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
You mean like when Carl & Herm leaving where good for the future and Pioli/Haley were going to save us? OK I believe now then.

I liked the Pioli hire until he traded for Cassel and brought in Haley.

notorious
09-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Destroyed ACLs on our best players is never good for the future.

lewdog
09-18-2011, 04:20 PM

This is the worst part of the whole deal about today. Players are generally not the same after ACL injuries and we just lost our best player on each side of the ball.

This is not great for the future of the Chiefs. People are underestimating the significance of these injuries for the long-term future because all they want to do is bitch about Pioli and Haley.

Bump
09-18-2011, 04:21 PM

true but elite QB > anything else

dallaschiefsfan
09-18-2011, 04:21 PM

I still like Pioli. I think he's made some mistakes. This is his first run at the reigns by himself and I like a lot of what he's done. We'll see if he adjusts. I'm willing to give him a few more years...but nobody should get Carl's amount of rope ever again. Haley is probably a better coach than head coach. Cassell is exposed. Not much more to say there.

Frankie
09-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Anyone who is dreaming of Andrew Luck in the Chiefs uni should wake up and take a shower.

1- To legitimately end up with the worst record is almost as hard as getting to the Super Bowl. Well, maybe not that hard, but you know what I mean. There are others who have zero wins right now. Too much competition.

2- Correct me if I'm wrong, but Luck is a junior, right? If that is correct he may not even choose to come out for the draft.

The Gods of football will never allow the Chiefs and a phenom player to cross paths.

Discuss Thrower
09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Landry Jones..?

dallaschiefsfan
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Anyone who is dreaming of Andrew Luck in the Chiefs uni should wake up and take a shower.

1- To legitimately end up with the worst record is almost as hard as getting to the Super Bowl. Well, maybe not that hard, but you know what I mean. There are others who have zero wins right now. Too much competition.

2- Correct me if I'm wrong, but Luck is a junior, right? If that is correct he may not even choose to come out for the draft.

The Gods of football will never allow the Chiefs and a phenom player to cross paths.

You're probably right. We really don't need Luck, though...we just need one of the top QB's.

chiefqueen
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Luck is a senior.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/roster/_/id/24/stanford-cardinal

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Luck is a senior academically but football wise he is a redshirt junior.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Destroyed ACLs on our best players is never good for the future.

Plenty of players have bounced back from ACL injuries and have had productive careers. All three players are still young enough to bounce back.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2011, 05:02 PM

That is the classical Chiefs error in thinking... a new coach, a new GM, a new RB, a new assistant coach will put this franchise in a legit position to win a championship.

The Chiefs have been re-arranging the deck chairs on the sinking Titanic since Len Dawson.

Getting a franchise QB is the cure all.

GloryDayz
09-18-2011, 05:03 PM
"Guys, what is happening now is GREAT for the Chiefs future"

What, they own stock in KC area liqor stores???? Oh shit, I hear ANOTHER 5-year plan coming our way!

O.city
09-18-2011, 05:04 PM
That is the classical Chiefs error in thinking... a new coach, a new GM, a new RB, a new assistant coach will put this franchise in a legit position to win a championship.

The Chiefs have been re-arranging the deck chairs on the sinking Titanic since Len Dawson.

Getting a franchise QB is the cure all.

Exactly, the Colts this year are a prime example. You can't win in the NFL without a franchise QB period. The drafturbators have been saying it on CP for as long as I can remember.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-18-2011, 05:05 PM

Which was my point. Even the one's we think are going to be great strart off doing stupid things. So why believe the next regime will be different.

Bugeater
09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I liked him until he didn't fire Herm the first day he was here.

tecumseh
09-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, hopefully, Clark Hunt can read and truly wants the Chiefs to be a championship caliber team. You vote with your dollars. If attendence drops dismally and the team is at the bottom of the heap , maybe he'll get tired of writing checks for ball boys and find some FO people that can succeed. Me, personally, won't go to any games or resubscribe to Sunday ticket until the Chiefs give me something to cheer.

milkman
09-18-2011, 05:17 PM

One of the primary reasons I was against hiring Pioli was the fact that I was concerned that Pioli would make every effort to bring Matt Cassel to KC.

milkman
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Landry Jones..?

No thanks.

milkman
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I liked him until he didn't fire Herm the first day he was here.

That was on Clark Hunt.

Bugeater
09-18-2011, 05:22 PM
That was on Clark Hunt.
No, that's on Pioli for not telling the soccer loving midget to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

milkman
09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
No, that's on Pioli for not telling the soccer loving midget to sit the **** down and shut the **** up.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

You give the man that just hired you some level of respect.

Molitoth
09-18-2011, 05:41 PM
The Chiefs will have an easy schedule in 2012, thats a positive.

Baby Lee
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Watching the Chiefs is like being a Polish Jew watching Westbound trains.

Bugeater
09-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Bleh, whatever. Although if what you say is true then it completely flies in the face of all this Clark being a hands-off owner talk that I'm always hearing.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM

This. I think Hunt has more football smarts than he is credited for because he is too loyal to people he has hired to make those decisions. He wanted Chan Gailey to stay on as coordinator, which could have been a good call seeing how he is doing with Buffalo and he turned Thigpen into a decent QB. And he has said he wants to draft a franchise QB. I think Hunt has to stop being loyal to a fault and step in a make some decsions and override Pioli.

tk13
09-18-2011, 05:51 PM
The Chiefs will have an easy schedule in 2012, thats a positive.

Hard to say. We'll play the AFC North and NFC South next year. Plus if we finish last we might get the last place team in the AFC South, which might be the Colts.

milkman
09-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Bleh, whatever. Although if what you say is true then it completely flies in the face of all this Clark being a hands-off owner talk that I'm always hearing.

When he hired Pioli, it was pretty well documented that Hunt asked Pioli to give some time to Herman fucking Edwards and give him a fair chance before firing him.

Hunt felt an obligation to Herman fucking Edwards, because he was the one that talked Hunt into the youth movement.

BigRedChief
09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
When he hired Pioli, it was pretty well documented that Hunt asked Pioli to give some time to Herman fucking Edwards and give him a fair chance before firing him.

Hunt felt an obligation to Herman fucking Edwards, because he was the one that talked Hunt into the youth movement.wellll at least thats the accepted dogma of what happened. Who among us really know what happended?

chasedude
09-18-2011, 06:21 PM
wellll at least thats the accepted dogma of what happened. Who among us really know what happended?

Exactly, only Hunt and Pioli truly know. All else is lies, propaganda and speculation. Too many arm-chair quarterbacks around here.

milkman
09-18-2011, 06:25 PM
wellll at least thats the accepted dogma of what happened. Who among us really know what happended?

Do we really think that Pioli would have kept that useless bastard around for 2 weeks for any other reason?

Bugeater
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
This. I think Hunt has more football smarts than he is credited for because he is too loyal to people he has hired to make those decisions. He wanted Chan Gailey to stay on as coordinator, which could have been a good call seeing how he is doing with Buffalo and he turned Thigpen into a decent QB. And he has said he wants to draft a franchise QB. I think Hunt has to stop being loyal to a fault and step in a make some decsions and override Pioli.
So you'd rather have a Jerry Jones type interfering all the time. Got it.

Calcountry
09-18-2011, 06:34 PM
dream onWe have only had 2 franchise QB's since I was five, Len Dawson, and Joe Montana.

Pretty freaking sad for 41 years of franchise history.

burt
09-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Pretty freaking sad for 41 years of franchise history.

I'd say that about sums it up.

Epic Fail 007
09-18-2011, 06:44 PM
lol u all act like luck is a sure thing,look at the level of teams he has played,lol/alex smith was a so called sure thing to

milkman
09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
lol u all act like luck is a sure thing,look at the level of teams he has played,lol/alex smith was a so called sure thing to

No he wasn't.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 06:45 PM

No I said some times as the owner you got to override your manager if you know the decision is better.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2011, 06:46 PM
No he wasn't.

Don't argue with him, he is a complete fucking idiot.

threebag
09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZv2vpKL7ykIF608v4lt5_biKU7Sht-rwd3KDg-Pnklq7I_yG4

GloryDayz
09-18-2011, 06:58 PM

I'd take Jerry over any member of the Hunt family every day. Even though there's a lot a don't like about Jerry, it's better than hating everything about the Hunts...

malachi47000
09-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Luck is a senior academically but football wise he is a redshirt junior.

Luck surprised many pundits by deciding to remain at Stanford for his junior season, as he was largely predicted to be the No. 1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft. Luck cited his desire to graduate (with a major in architectural design) in the spring of 2012, as he currently is on track to do. After passing the 2011 draft, Luck already is expected to be the No. 1 pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/bio/_/id/380470/andrew-luck

Frankie
09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Watching the Chiefs is like being a Polish Jew watching Westbound trains.

:LOL:

:clap: Very creative. Illustrates the point perfectly. rep.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-18-2011, 09:43 PM
The Chiefs FUTURE??? That ranks right up their with 'pork futures.'

BACON is NOT a career.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've made a pretty nice career out of BACON. You're wrong !

whoman69
09-18-2011, 10:02 PM
This crap about the easy schedule has to stop. Everybody else in our division had almost the same schedule, but we won. I hope to hell we win some games and screw it up getting Luck. I'm not going to turn into a Cubs fan and chant 'wait until next year'. Fix the problems. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. We have too many parts of our organization that are the problem. I've gone through the lost seasons with several coaches here. Its not fun. I don't know why so many here are wanting to go through it again.

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2011, 10:04 PM
This crap about the easy schedule has to stop. Everybody else in our division had almost the same schedule, but we won. I hope to hell we win some games and screw it up getting Luck. I'm not going to turn into a Cubs fan and chant 'wait until next year'. Fix the problems. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. We have too many parts of our organization that are the problem. I've gone through the lost seasons with several coaches here. Its not fun. I don't know why so many here are wanting to go through it again.

How long have you been a fan? This has been the mantra for the last 20+ plus years for KC.

whoman69
09-18-2011, 10:06 PM
How long have you been a fan? This has been the mantra for the last 20+ plus years for KC.

I've been rooting for the Chiefs since the days of Eddie Podolak.

KChiefs1
09-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Suck for Luck!

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I've been rooting for the Chiefs since the days of Eddie Podolak.

so you know the routine, and yes we are the Cubs of the AFC