PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So What Happened?

Otter
09-18-2011, 02:26 PM
What's your opinion on how we went from good to train wreck?

I had optimism for the offense but I wouldn't have been surprised if it went either way but the defense? We added talent year after year with the same DC at the helm as last year. I was bragging about how good our D would be this year.

The Chiefs are cursed. Seriously, WTF? :spock:

Jerm
09-18-2011, 02:27 PM
The worst part of all this is it's blatantly obvious now that last year was smoke and mirrors when it appeared we had made real progress.

O.city
Well when your defense is on the field for the amount of time that ours has been the last two weeks, coupled with the loss of your best defensive player for the year it never seems to work out good.

Baby Lee
Weakest schedule in history to actual NFL teams. We were always this bad, Cassel in particular.

kstater
Losing 3 of your top 5 players not only is huge from a talent side, but huge emotionally. Hopefully they can bounce back.

Three7s
09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Haley and Cassel mostly.

crazychiefsfan
09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe its this team WAS NEVER READY FOR THIS SEASON

Pasta Little Brioni
09-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Weakest schedule in history to actual NFL teams. We were always this bad, Cassel in particular.

I get that, but losing by 40 points a game. Cmon, there is way more than playing a "weak schedule" behind that.

DaWolf
09-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Todd Haley screwed the pooch this offseason...

tyton75
09-18-2011, 02:30 PM
I almost have to put this at the feet of terrible coaching. Bad preperation, bad excution, bad coaching!

I'm officially on the "Fire Haley" bandwagon

QuikSsurfer
09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Did Albert or Hali come back in?

nascher
09-18-2011, 02:32 PM
reason turnovers penalties

ThaVirus
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Mix ups on the offensive line. Weak schedule last season allowed guys like Cassel and Charles to have seasons that would be near impossible to duplicate. Weis was able to mask Cassels inability, but now he's gone. Constant 3 and outs keeping the defense on the field too long. Injury bug hitting us harder than any team I can remember in the last few years at least. Turnovers galore (I'm not too sure what I'd attribute this too. Probably just the culmination of all the things previously mentioned).

BossChief
09-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Weak Schedule
Losing Moeaki (effects run and pass game significantly)
Losing Berry (effects entire defense)
Still starting Cassel (handcuffs the whole offense to sucktitude)
Losing Charles (best threat we had on offense)
Lacking depth

=

suck

keg in kc
09-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I think it's a combination of facing what looks to be two ascending teams (we already knew the Lions were, and the Bills impressed me again today) and being a team that's living Murphy's law. Opening kickoff fumbled last week. McGraw makes what could have been a big interception and drops it untouched. Players going down like flies, and with major contact injuries, not the kind of thing that can be attributed to the shortened camp.

It's snowballed, right from the opening kickoff for the season, and we have that shellshocked/deer-in-headlights thing going. I'm not sure how you can stop the steamroller at this point. The Chargers are absolutely going to roll them next week. The Vikings are struggling, but I don't see us winning that game either, even at home. The Indy game may be the only hope they have for a win this year, the way things look right now. I don't think they can even beat Denver, the way teams are basically passing at will on the KC defense.

DaWolf
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I almost have to put this at the feet of terrible coaching. Bad preperation, bad excution, bad coaching!

I'm officially on the "Fire Haley" bandwagon

I've been thinking: if the word around the league is that Haley couldn't hire a legit OC because no one wanted to work for him, I wonder if Haley is also a reason why we couldn't get many free agents interested in playing for us either. And certainly based on Brian Water's comments about leaving KC, I wonder if that also isn't Haley motivated either.

I'm just not sure how we move forward/get better with him. There are things about the guy I like, but damn his attitude and personality don't appear to be a good fit for a head coach...

BigChiefFan
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Weak Schedule
Losing Moeaki (effects run and pass game significantly)
Losing Berry (effects entire defense)
Still starting Cassel (handcuffs the whole offense to sucktitude)
Losing Charles (best threat we had on offense)
Lacking depth

=

suckI'll also add losing Baldwin. If he lives up to the billing, he could potentially be a great weapon for the team and help free up other players.

MichaelH
09-18-2011, 02:38 PM
We weren't all that good. See last game of season or playoff debacle. I think the team is poorly coached right now. And yes, I hated Hermie. Haley and co. is almost as bad. Cassel looks lost, the whole team is playing like they're waiting for practice to end so they can go home and eat dinner. The defense cannot tackle to save their lives. They have no life in them right now. And Randy Cross sucks.

ThaVirus
09-18-2011, 02:40 PM
We weren't all that good. See last game of season or playoff debacle. I think the team is poorly coached right now. And yes, I hated Hermie. Haley and co. is almost as bad. Cassel looks lost, the whole team is playing like they're waiting for practice to end so they can go home and eat dinner. The defense cannot tackle to save their lives. They have no life in them right now. And Randy Cross sucks.

You've got to be looking at Haley then. That marks when Weis was leaving and since then we've put up so little points I don't even care to try and add them up right now. They say the best defense is a good offense and that's looking to be so true right. Weis made Crennel and our defense look better...

MichaelH
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
You've got to be looking at Haley then. That marks when Weis was leaving and since then we've put up so little points I don't even care to try and add them up right now. They say the best defense is a good offense and that's looking to be so true right. Weis made Crennel and our defense look better...

Sure, I think Haley is still on the lockout halted all progress bandwagon. No other team but KC was affected apparently. He'll snap out by week 6.