PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I feel stupid for being so passionate about this team

PunkinDrublic
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I can't believe I defended this team so passionately against detractors time and time again. I planned and saved for that trip up to arrowhead two months ahead of time last weekend only to see the team completely sleepwalk for four quarters (Although I was glad to meet some planateers). At least in our 2 win season the team played hard despite Herm being an idiot. I just don't get how this team can be so uncompetitive this year. I had a shitty 4 hour work day at the office, and It still beats having to sit through watching the Chiefs get rolled like they did today.

Fritz88
09-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Me too

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052010/1272964790_glenn-beck-crying.gif

KC native
09-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Yup, there were only 2 Chiefs fans (me and the bartender) at the bar I was at. We were both embarrassed as shit for giving a fuck about this team.

KC native
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I got her on the anti-castle boat at the end of last year. We're both hoping we tank the rest of the season cut bait with castle and get luck.

cabletech94
09-18-2011, 02:39 PM
couldn't agree more with anything said up there.

keg in kc
I stopped being passionate several years ago. There were times where I'd have broken things during and after a game like today. Today I was just like 'shrug'. I'm not sure when it happened, but it finally occurred to me that them winning or losing really doesn't change anything in my life. So I try not to get too up or too down.

(although I sure as hell like it more when they win...)

tyton75
I'm wearing a Chiefs shirt at work today and feel freaking ridiculous!

Valiant
09-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I didn't even have te game on at all. Just got laid instead. Cue music.

PunkinDrublic
09-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Last Sunday driving home, I literally felt like the guy who rented the fancy limo, spent all that money on a tux for prom only to find out my date stood me up to go fuck my best friend.

O.city
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I stopped being passionate several years ago. There were times where I'd have broken things during and after a game like today. Today I was just like 'shrug'. I'm not sure when it happened, but it finally occurred to me that them winning or losing really doesn't change anything in my life. So I try not to get too up or too down.

It's funny that just happened to me last week. Growing up I was always live or die with the Chiefs. I get excited during the games but just kinda shrug it off. There are far more important things in life that football.

burt
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
I didn't even have te game on at all. Just got laid instead. Cue music.

What was his name?

PunkinDrublic
09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I'll still watch the team every week. I'll still go to a game next year but goddamn, is there something football related with this team that might improve?

DRU
09-18-2011, 02:49 PM

This is exactly what I worry about. I LOVE this game. But the Chiefs winning makes it SO much more fun all around. The other games are more fun to watch and it's just more fun in general to keep up on everything when they're in the mix.

I'm with you, though. Used to be MAD when this type of stuff would happen. Now that's faded away so I just kinda laugh/shrug it off. There is still other football at least and there are other things to do as well.

But then just like you, that last thing you throw in there still lingers. It's still FUN when they're in the mix.

I worry that more and more of this will eventually fade to the next level where I just don't care at all anymore. I'm still a long ways from it, but years fly by. At that point the NFL as a whole probably won't mean nearly as much as to me as it used to, which is sad, because it really can bring a lot of enjoyment to one's life on the reverse side.

I just can't see myself ever caring as much about another team, either.

Valiant
09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
What was his name?

I never call your ex wife by her name, just bitch.

Frazod
09-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Just finished scraping the Chiefs sticker off the rear window. Boy, that was a pain in the ass. But it certainly improved the appearance of my car.

keg in kc
09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
This is exactly what I worry about. I LOVE this game. But the Chiefs winning makes it SO much more fun all around. The other games are more fun to watch and it's just more fun in general to keep up on everything when they're in the mix.

I'm with you, though. Used to be MAD when this type of stuff would happen. Now that's faded away so I just kinda laugh/shrug it off. There is still other football at least and there are other things to do as well.

But then just like you, that last thing you throw in there still lingers. It's still FUN when they're in the mix.

I worry that more and more of this will eventually fade to the next level where I just don't care at all anymore. I'm still a long ways from it, but years fly by. At that point the NFL as a whole probably won't mean nearly as much as to me as it used to, which is sad, because it really can bring a lot of enjoyment to one's life on the reverse side.

I just can't see myself ever caring as much about another team, either.

****.I actually think it's a net positive. Because I'd stop watching football in general when the Chiefs fell off. Now, though, I'm able to be a much bigger fan of college football and the rest of the NFL than I was when I was all hyper-intense on KC. Because them sucking doesn't ruin the entire sport for me the way it used to.

Like, in the past, there'd be no way I'd have the Chargers and Patriots on right now; I'd be so pissed about KC that I'd miss what will probably be a great game.

PunkinDrublic
09-18-2011, 03:04 PM
You know I started doing standup comedy two years ago. At best I have a solid 15 minutes of material that kills. If I spent half the time writing as I did trying to find out every little trivial thing about the goings on of this team I'd be on comedy central by now. I thought keeping up and being knowledgable about the team made me a better fan but it just makes me a sucker.

DRU
09-18-2011, 03:29 PM
You know I started doing standup comedy two years ago. At best I have a solid 15 minutes of material that kills. If I spent half the time writing as I did trying to find out every little trivial thing about the goings on of this team I'd be on comedy central by now. I thought keeping up and being knowledgable about the team made me a better fan but it just makes me a sucker.

Give us one of your killers. We could use a laugh.

Sucky
09-18-2011, 03:39 PM
The thing that pisses me off is that the players for the most part, dont care. After this game a lot of the players will probably go hit the clubs, get crunk and bang groupies. Meanwhile we(the fans) are the ones that have to go back to our shitty 9-5 jobs.

RJ
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Dear Chiefs -

We've been together for so many years but now I must tell you that I think we should spend some time apart. It's not you, it's me. No, wait....that's not true. It's definitely you.

KurtCobain
09-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I feel dumb but I still have their backs.

GloryDayz
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM
"I feel stupid for being so passionate about this team"

We are stupid...

GloryDayz
09-18-2011, 04:07 PM
The thing that pisses me off is that the players for the most part, dont care. After this game a lot of the players will probably go hit the clubs, get crunk and bang groupies. Meanwhile we(the fans) are the ones that have to go back to our shitty 9-5 jobs.

I think it sux that we play in a league with the likes of NE. It's not like we can't cheat of their paper! But no, we have to do it "our" way (which changes slightly with each new 5-year plan). And how they listen to peoplke who say don't look at the likes of a Mike Vick... Here we sit with Matt, and Philly has Mike... But we didn't need THAT locker room cancer! With our O-line, we need Mike!!

BigRedChief
09-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't believe I defended this team so passionately against detractors time and time again. I planned and saved for that trip up to arrowhead two months ahead of time last weekend only to see the team completely sleepwalk for four quarters (Although I was glad to meet some planateers). At least in our 2 win season the team played hard despite Herm being an idiot. I just don't get how this team can be so uncompetitive this year. I had a shitty 4 hour work day at the office, and It still beats having to sit through watching the Chiefs get rolled like they did today.No matter how much they suck, no matter the pain of being a passionate fan, I will remain a fan until I become worm food. As long as I live I shall cheer no other.

Just embrace the horror.

GloryDayz
09-18-2011, 04:29 PM
No matter how much they suck, no matter the pain of being a passionate fan, I will remain a fan until I become worm food. As long as I live I shall cheer no other.

Just embrace the horror.

This... But it still sux to live under the rein of the Hunt family. They are horrible people. Just like the Glass family...

DaKCMan AP
09-19-2011, 06:45 AM
No matter how much they suck, no matter the pain of being a passionate fan, I will remain a fan until I become worm food. As long as I live I shall cheer no other.

Just embrace the horror.

We'll have to start bringing these to our meetups:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Y6PMcUL-sljPiwe9an58oweDNLj9_-DZJM-eLjFqg19IcUSq

PhillyChiefFan
09-19-2011, 06:53 AM
It's really tough for anyone here in the Northeast.

I'm surrounded by Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Jets, Giants, and Patriots fans.

My friends have stopped ripping on me about KC, and now just feel sorry for me. That's a pretty horrible feeling....

teedubya
09-19-2011, 06:55 AM

This. I didn't watch the home opener... and only listened to most of the second game. This team has a shitty QB and I don't care to get caught up and angry every Sunday.

GloryDayz
09-19-2011, 06:56 AM
It's really tough for anyone here in the Northeast.

I'm surrounded by Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Jets, Giants, and Patriots fans.

My friends have stopped ripping on me about KC, and now just feel sorry for me. That's a pretty horrible feeling....

The Hunts have you right where they want you. You expect nothing and they intend to give you even less.... Now pay $27 for parking to watch this train wreck please!!!

Dave Lane
09-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Why? they are still the Chiefs even if they haven't looked like an NFL team in the last few games. And I got pounded by The Bad Guy for saying 8-8 or 7-9 is what I expected. "We aren't as good as them?* (TM) The Bad Guy

TEX
09-19-2011, 07:05 AM

Just embrace the horror.

Me too. But I won't do it in person. I just sold my CHIEFS / CHARGERS MNF tickets to a Charger's fan.

I'm just not gonna spend the $$$ on the Chiefs any longer. They're not worth my time or the expense.

Graystoke
09-19-2011, 07:12 AM
I am drunk

Jack
09-19-2011, 08:02 AM
I can't believe I defended this team so passionately against detractors time and time again. I planned and saved for that trip up to arrowhead two months ahead of time last weekend only to see the team completely sleepwalk for four quarters (Although I was glad to meet some planateers). At least in our 2 win season the team played hard despite Herm being an idiot. I just don't get how this team can be so uncompetitive this year. I had a shitty 4 hour work day at the office, and It still beats having to sit through watching the Chiefs get rolled like they did today.

This I have felt many times over the past 40+ years. I used to think it was bad coaching, bad management or just plain bad luck.

Of all the games I have ever watched in pro football, none have had such invisible owner as the KC Chiefs. In other games it seems about once a game, the camera pans over the owner at lease once.

The Hunts have seemed invisible to me through all history. It is my belief this detachment is the foremost reason for lack of success since 1970.

If anyone chooses to argue this, then explain the success of the pats, or the steelers through the decades. Even that greasy raiders owner has produced more success the the Hunts. Damn, it is repugnant to remotely suggest that Al Davis is a success.

The old AFL doormat Denver Broncos even made their way to the big dance many more times than the Chiefs. Again, active ownership.

This does not take the heat off of the coach and GM. And I can't buy major injuries as I have seen too many teams play very successfully despite.

Poor QB play. . .just a make weight argument but I do believe there could have been progress. Cassel has some abilities but his aim withers when in the foxhole.

The intangibles, from individual to team performance, player dedication and plain GAS (Give a Sheet) factor affect other teams in general, but the Chiefs in particular.

Sadly, I will continue watching them until I jack it in. I questioned why I bought NFL ST for PS3, then it occurred to me that maybe I really do like rope burns, root canals and sharp sticks in the eye.

mikey23545
09-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Just embrace the horror.

I have to say that at least on this one thing we are in absolute lockstep.

The blood coursing through my body is Chiefs red, and will always be so...

Mama Hip Rockets
09-19-2011, 08:31 AM

I'm finally getting to the "shrug" phase as well. I have a two young kids now. I have a family. I'm not going to let a terrible football game ruin my entire day/week anymore. If they win, awesome. If they lose, just move on and have fun with my family for the rest of the day.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Just embrace the horror.

I used to feel this way, but not anymore. These past 5 or 6 years have pushed me to the breaking point.

GloryDayz
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
This I have felt many times over the past 40+ years. I used to think it was bad coaching, bad management or just plain bad luck.

Of all the games I have ever watched in pro football, none have had such invisible owner as the KC Chiefs. In other games it seems about once a game, the camera pans over the owner at lease once.

The Hunts have seemed invisible to me through all history. It is my belief this detachment is the foremost reason for lack of success since 1970.

If anyone chooses to argue this, then explain the success of the pats, or the steelers through the decades. Even that greasy raiders owner has produced more success the the Hunts. Damn, it is repugnant to remotely suggest that Al Davis is a success.

The old AFL doormat Denver Broncos even made their way to the big dance many more times than the Chiefs. Again, active ownership.

This does not take the heat off of the coach and GM. And I can't buy major injuries as I have seen too many teams play very successfully despite.

Poor QB play. . .just a make weight argument but I do believe there could have been progress. Cassel has some abilities but his aim withers when in the foxhole.

The intangibles, from individual to team performance, player dedication and plain GAS (Give a Sheet) factor affect other teams in general, but the Chiefs in particular.

Sadly, I will continue watching them until I jack it in. I questioned why I bought NFL ST for PS3, then it occurred to me that maybe I really do like rope burns, root canals and sharp sticks in the eye.

Rep... And yes, the Raiders owner HAS achieved more success than ours...and that's just F'n sickening... This is what we get for having trust fund kids running the show. The Hunts are the 2nd Lieutenant in Vietnam who were sent home VERY early after their first trip into the bush...

blaise
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I used to be such a die hard Dolphins fan my Sunday mood would hinge on they did. Since I've moved all over the country and lived in different NFL markets, I started following the seasons of a few different teams. I don't seem to care as much now when the Dolphins win or lose. In some ways it has made watching football more enjoyable. I just watch games for entertainment.

svuba
09-19-2011, 11:32 AM
I used to be such a die hard Dolphins fan my Sunday mood would hinge on they did. Since I've moved all over the country and lived in different NFL markets, I started following the seasons of a few different teams. I don't seem to care as much now when the Dolphins win or lose. In some ways it has made watching football more enjoyable. I just watch games for entertainment.

I used to be hanging on every play.... spend untold hours on chiefs planet.
The chiefs were so important to me.. i would be pissed all day after they lost.
3 things conspired to make me not care anymore.

1 Chiefs suckage...
2 Commercial timeouts seeming to become more and more and more every year
3 Sunday Ticket costing more than my mortgage payment...

last year I cared a little this year I don't give a $hit....
bye bye chiefs...dont miss it at all.

When your team is winning there is nothing more exciting, but really folks how likely is it that this franchise will ever be a regular winner? you dont have to be a turncoat, just dont put so much emphasis on this sport, there are much better things to do with your time.

lcarus
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll always be a Chiefs fan for better or worse. Yeah it sucks now and it's sucked in the past. We've had some good teams, though they've choked in the playoffs time and time again, but at least we had some fun seasons where we were all excited and Arrowhead was the craziest gametime locale in the league. Things will get better. They can't get much worse.

chiefscafan
09-19-2011, 11:37 AM
It's not bad to be passionate about your team it's your given right.

But as I stated on the thread I started bad play can be corrected no heart can't.

This is what scares me they are playing like they have no heart I'm gonna be at the game this Sunday. I hope I'm wrong but if I see zero effort from this team I might be done with them this season.

TEX
09-19-2011, 11:38 AM

1 Chiefs suckage...

When your team is winning there is nothing more exciting, but really folks how likely is it that this franchise will ever be a regular winner? you dont have to be a turncoat, just dont put so much emphasis on this sport, there are much better things to do with your time.

This. :clap:

tooge
09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
you shouldn't feel stupid for supporting the same franchise year in and year out. You should feel loyal. You should feel a part of the team and city. You should feel proud that you aren't some weak spined sellout that roots for a team for a few years when they are winning and then bails at the drop of a hat when they lose. Part of being a loyal and proud fan is learning to shrug off the crappy seasons and enjoy the good ones. Last year was fun for the most part. This year won't be. It would have been easy to be a fan of the 49ers in the 80s, the cowboys in the 90's and and the Pats in the 2000's. I have more respect for you for being a fan of the Chiefs the whole time. Their time will come. Not sure when, but it will. I'll be a fan for life, I just may choose to record a few more games this year and watch them if I'm not busy with something else.

TEX
09-19-2011, 11:45 AM

:clap:
Often thought this myself. I'd just like to add that Mr. Hunt was quite visible during the early years. Consequently, that's when the team enjoyed its most success...:hmmm:

Dartgod
09-19-2011, 01:58 PM
you shouldn't feel stupid for supporting the same franchise year in and year out. You should feel loyal. You should feel a part of the team and city. You should feel proud that you aren't some weak spined sellout that roots for a team for a few years when they are winning and then bails at the drop of a hat when they lose. Part of being a loyal and proud fan is learning to shrug off the crappy seasons and enjoy the good ones. Last year was fun for the most part. This year won't be. It would have been easy to be a fan of the 49ers in the 80s, the cowboys in the 90's and and the Pats in the 2000's. I have more respect for you for being a fan of the Chiefs the whole time. Their time will come. Not sure when, but it will. I'll be a fan for life, I just may choose to record a few more games this year and watch them if I'm not busy with something else.
This.
Posted via Mobile Device

munkey
09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
:clap:
Often thought this myself. I'd just like to add that Mr. Hunt was quite visible during the early years. Consequently, that's when the team enjoyed its most success...:hmmm:

Lamar loved his fans...He was truly one of a kind

munkey
09-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Lamar loved competition on every level...He just wasn't the kind of owner that enjoyed the attention. Maybe Clark needs to try something different...Jack Steadman = Pioli IMO....

MahiMike
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I LOVE the Chiefs. But I haven't been passionate since the Vermiel days. Hopeful. Just not passionate.

whoman69
09-19-2011, 05:09 PM
When you stop caring if they win or lose you either become a bandwagon fan or a Cubs fan.

lcarus
09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I LOVE the Chiefs. But I haven't been passionate since the Vermiel days. Hopeful. Just not passionate.

I loved the Vermeil days. I know a lot don't like Vermeil, and I understand why. But I guess it was just a good time in my life, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching that offense function. That line was just outstanding and our offense worked well. I felt like we had a chance to win every game. Man if only our defense could have been a tiny bit better. One stop against Indy and who knows? We could have been Super Bowl champs.

keg in kc
09-19-2011, 05:15 PM
When you stop caring if they win or lose you either become a bandwagon fan or a Cubs fan.Caring about whether they win or lose and being obsessed to the point of orgasm/violence about whether they win or lose are pretty different beasts.

I still care. It just doesn't make/break my week anymore.

Phobia
09-19-2011, 05:25 PM
It's still real to me...

I care, which is why I won't make it a priority to watch the remaining 14 games in this train-wreck. I watched the first quarter yesterday and then attended a birthday lunch for my dad. Got home and watched the rest of the first half and most of the 3rd Q. FF through the 4th seeing if the "3" changed to anything else.

PunkinDrublic
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
It's frustrating but I'll push through this season. Still lot's of young players to watch develop on Sundays for this team. Anxious to see if Baldwin will be worth a shit when he returns. Part of me believes that the lack of training camp hurt this team and there might be times when we don't look completely worthless.

ClevelandBronco
09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
It's cool. Nearly everyone eventually comes to grips with the fact that the team is just a business that isn't theirs, and it's insane to become emotionally involved.

It's like rooting for Target to beat Walmart. Seriously, it might be entertaining, but why the fuck should you care?

GloryDayz
09-19-2011, 06:35 PM

1 Chiefs suckage...

"how likely is it that this franchise will ever be a regular winner?"

LOL, the Satanic Hunt family owns this team... We may never win a playoff game...

GloryDayz
09-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Lamar loved competition on every level...He just wasn't the kind of owner that enjoyed the attention. Maybe Clark needs to try something different...Jack Steadman = Pioli IMO....

Scott's a spoiled trust-fund baby who's doomed to success. he's never worked a day in his life where he didn't know that no matter how badly he F'd up (like the Chiefs), he'd ALWAYS have a jet waiting to take him to a happy place where he'd get a happy ending as many times as he wants. He's the fortunate sperm that won a race. It's good to be him... It makes me want to slap my parents for dooming me to a life of work where failures might actually have consequences.

He's a candya$$ POS that would be plucked in the ear 22 times between classes. And it'd be one where the teachers with integrity would look the other way.

He's a virus at best...

I just don't like him...

crispystl
09-19-2011, 06:45 PM

Yeah this finally happened to me about two years ago. After Herm's last season I guess.

BmoreBills
09-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Don't give up on your team... it may look bad now, but we all go through sh** like this, and eventually the personnel that don't get it will be replaced. In order for a team to get better, it has to shed some dead wood, which is obviously going to be Haley, Cassel, and some defensive players. We had a very similar situation with Jauron, Edwards, Posluzny, McCargo, and Maybin with respected coach Levy as GM, an utter disaster. I spent a few hundred dollars watching the Bills give up 4 touchdowns to Randy Moss in a 40 point drubbing to New England. Believe me, change will come and the pill may be bitter now and it hurts deep down, but it can't last forever.

FlaChief58
09-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, sitting in my mancave looking at all of my Chiefs stuff that I have spent so much money on and thinking about all of the time I have wasted on this team, and for what? Year after year of mediocracy and heartbreak is really making me ask, WHY?

I will always be a Chiefs fan, just not as fanatical as I have been for so many years. I guess it's good news for my wife since we will be able to spend sundays together without me saying "it's time to go, the Chiefs game is on soon".

BigRedChief
09-19-2011, 07:17 PM
I used to feel this way, but not anymore. These past 5 or 6 years have pushed me to the breaking point.Thats cool. Doesn't make you less of a "real" fan. :thumb:

ClevelandBronco
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Yeah, sitting in my mancave looking at all of my Chiefs stuff that I have spent so much money on and thinking about all of the time I have wasted on this team, and for what? Year after year of mediocracy and heartbreak is really making me ask, WHY?

I will always be a Chiefs fan, just not as fanatical as I have been for so many years. I guess it's good news for my wife since we will be able to spend sundays together without me saying "it's time to go, the Chiefs game is on soon".

You mean mediocrity. Mediocracy is our political system.

Spott
09-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I stopped being passionate after that playoff loss in the 95 season. I used to get mad after losses and let it ruin my weekend before that game.

FlaChief58
09-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Probably should have just said "years of suck". You'll have to forgive me but these last three weeks have really taken the wind out of my sails. Maybe I'll just become a cleveland broncolions fan like you :)

Just kidding, I'll stop watching football alltogether before I cheer for another team.

Simply Red
09-19-2011, 07:33 PM
porno

PastorMikH
09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Funny thing is, I kinda lost hope a few years back on them. Pioli coming in sparked my hopes just a little but watching Haley that first season had me feeling like we stepped down from Herm.

Watching pre-season and the last two games now, my upbringing as Missouri Tigers football fan is coming in handy. No point expecting wins. Just put hope in "next season"

58kcfan89
09-19-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd still consider myself pretty passionate, but not nearly to the level I was as a kid. Used to live & die with the team and let it effect me (for better or worse) for at least that day, and usually for the next few days.

I still enjoy the wins quite a bit & the losses do get to me, but not nearly to the extent they used to (except this year, where I want to lose & get Luck). I'll probably still make it to a game & yell my ass off (until the 3rd quarter & we're down by 42), but losing won't bother me as much as it would have a few years ago.

That said, if we ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I'll be talking shit about it until I'm dead haha

NJChiefsFan
09-20-2011, 02:25 AM
I'd still consider myself pretty passionate, but not nearly to the level I was as a kid. Used to live & die with the team and let it effect me (for better or worse) for at least that day, and usually for the next few days.

I still enjoy the wins quite a bit & the losses do get to me, but not nearly to the extent they used to

Up until we fell apart after completely following the 10-6 year with Herm, I lived and died with this team on every snap. It would make me happy all of Monday or furious/upset for a week. I think the crappy seasons made me numb to some of it recently.

Last year I was into it a lot but when we lost in the playoffs I wasn't crushed. Maybe because the Super Bowl wasn't realistic. I figure once we get to the point where a Superbowl is realistic I will get back to that.

Its not that I don't care unless they are great. Hell, I think about them everyday of the year. Its just not realistic to open yourself up to this level of pain. You kinda have to go numb/realistic to survive the down years.