PDA

View Full Version : Football Name the GM who got it right on the 2nd coaching hire

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 12:38 AM
I was trying to think if theres any GM in the history of the NFL that missed on the first coaching hire but got it right the second time. I can't think of any off the top of my head....

CrazyPhuD
09-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Scott Pioli

KurtCobain
09-19-2011, 12:40 AM
He stole mine.

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 01:56 AM
As bad as Cassel is, we dont know if Haley is a bad hire.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 02:00 AM

how many more blow outs do we need till we know haley is a bad hire.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 02:01 AM

I think we're getting an idea. I will say this though I think it's bullshit how Haley will get all the blame.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 02:03 AM
I think we're getting an idea. I will say this though I think it's bullshit how Haley will get all the blame.

I do as well but if we go 1-15 or 0-16 not one fan on here should defend him from getting fired.

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 02:05 AM
how many more blow outs do we need till we know haley is a bad hire.Fix the QB position. Problem solved.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Fix the QB position. Problem solved.

even if we put in Stanzi or Palko I dont think it would change the W/L in Buffalo or Detroit.

one of the Major problems this team has is QB but even that is just one of many.

Discuss Thrower
09-19-2011, 02:19 AM
even if we put in Stanzi or Palko I dont think it would change the W/L in Buffalo or Detroit.

one of the Major problems this team has is QB but even that is just one of many.

QB problem translates into 1/3 of the problem of defense: simply being tired as hell due to time of possession.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 02:30 AM
QB problem translates into 1/3 of the problem of defense: simply being tired as hell due to time of possession.

Field position is the worst part and heres how it translates.

This is how fucked up Cassel has our defense.

We are the #23 defense in the NFL in yardage allowed...but are dead last in points....by a HUGE margin.

We average giving up 44.5 and the 2nd to last (Rams) only give up 31.

That 2 tds per game worse than the 31st ranked scoring defense, but we arent giving up anywhere near the amount of yards that should make that possible in relation to that many points.

This team needs a quarterback worse than any other in the NFL.

If we start Stanzi after the bye, I bet the energy level of the team will go up almost immediately.

09-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Well lets see here.

Year one, Haley fires the OC the week the season starts. We suck offensively. Cassel sucks.

Year two, Pioli brings in Crennel and Weiss, we win some games. Holy shit we win our division. The last game of the season Haley starts disliking Wiess and his playcalling and all of the sudden we suck on offense again.

Year three, Haley is back to doing offense his way. Surprise surprise, we royally suck.

Yeah, Haley isn't any part of this problem at all.

That being said, I am really unsure that I trust Pioli to make a good second pick.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Well lets see here.

Year one, Haley fires the OC the week the season starts. We suck offensively. Cassel sucks.

Year two, Pioli brings in Crennel and Weiss, we win some games. Holy shit we win our division. The last game of the season Haley starts disliking Wiess and his playcalling and all of the sudden we suck on offense again.

Year three, Haley is back to doing offense his way. Surprise surprise, we royally suck.

Yeah, Haley isn't any part of this problem at all.

That being said, I am really unsure that I trust Pioli to make a good second pick.

I see what you're saying.

Cassel sucks.

;)

09-19-2011, 02:44 AM
I see what you're saying.

Cassel sucks.

;)

I didn't see any point beating the dead horse.:D

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Yea but what GM has gotten it right the 2nd time? Name some....

BossChief
09-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Im not here to do your homework for you. Its your thread.

You tell us.

09-19-2011, 02:47 AM

What do you get when you mix an elephant and a rhino.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Im not here to do your homework for you. Its your thread.

You tell us.

I was actually hoping someone like Milkman could come in and tell us. I honestly have no clue.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:13 AM
I was actually hoping someone like Milkman could come in and tell us. I honestly have no clue.

Ozzie Newsome hired brian billick fired him for john harbaugh which is better imo.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:16 AM
another one I could find is Texans rick smith Dom capers hired then fired then he hired gary kubiak

09-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Ozzie Newsome hired brian billick fired him for john harbaugh which is better imo.

Until Harbaugh wins a SB Billick will be considered the better hire.

Pushead2
09-19-2011, 03:20 AM
problem is with our offense is that Todd Haley thinks the superstar of the offense IS Todd Haley.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:21 AM
Until Harbaugh wins a SB Billick will be considered the better hire.

When Billick was fired the game had past him by imo.

09-19-2011, 03:22 AM
When Billick was fired the game had past him by imo.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree on that point.

Imagine this though. Had Marty got us one SB all coaches that pass through KC would be getting compared to him and having to live up to what he did.

In a way, we are already doing that. Even though we look back on Marty with some distaste, he is still one of the most successful coaches in Chiefs history. Would we feel the same about our team had he and Carl NOT turned this franchise around?

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:24 AM
The best one I could find is the Jets Eric Mangini to Rex Ryan.

Mike Tannenbaum.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 03:27 AM
The best one I could find is the Jets Eric Mangini to Rex Ryan.

Mike Tannenbaum.

At this point, it looks as if Todd Haley may well be remembered as similar to Mangini and we may well replace him with Ryans brother.

Which, if we decide to move on from Haley (which I think would be a mistake) then Ryan v2 wouldnt be a bad choice.

Hopefully, the next coach wont be handcuffed to Matt fucking Cassel.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree on that point.

Imagine this though. Had Marty got us one SB all coaches that pass through KC would be getting compared to him and having to live up to what he did.

In a way, we are already doing that. Even though we look back on Marty with some distaste, he is still one of the most successful coaches in Chiefs history. Would we feel the same about our team had he and Carl NOT turned this franchise around?

him and Dick Vermeil pretty much had the same success with the chiefs imo

09-19-2011, 03:28 AM

How many playoff appearances did Dick have with the Chiefs again?

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:29 AM
At this point, it looks as if Todd Haley may well be remembered as similar to Mangini and we may well replace him with Ryans brother.

Which, if we decide to move on from Haley (which I think would be a mistake) .

If we go 1-15 or 0-16 it will be no mistake every one will have to go cutting Cassel will not be enough for the blood lust the fan's will have.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 03:29 AM

not really

Marty took us to the playoffs every year to get knocked out in the first game

Dick only took us 2/5 and never won a game for us in the postseason.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 03:30 AM
not really

Marty took us to the playoffs every year to get knocked out in the first game

Dick only took us 2/5 and never won a game for us in the postseason.

*1/5 :)

09-19-2011, 03:30 AM

Which, if we decide to move on from Haley (which I think would be a mistake) then Ryan v2 wouldnt be a bad choice.

Hopefully, the next coach wont be handcuffed to Matt ****ing Cassel.

Shit, I think Haley is killing this franchise with the way he goes through OCs. Of course, it could be Pioli just plain handcuffing him too. We know that Pioli isn't going anywhere soon though so.....

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:32 AM
How many playoff appearances did Dick have with the Chiefs again?

should have been 2 I still count the 10-6 season as a playoff season.

3 years of a top nfl offense is better then marty and his 10 years of meh.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 03:32 AM
If Im Pioli, Im giving the ok to move on from Cassel at the bye week and for Stanzi to start the rest of the way.

We need to see where he is at and get him some valuable starting experience for the future.

Hopefully that still keeps us in position to draft Luck or Stanzi sets the world on fire and leads us on a big win streak against some of the better teams in the league.

Either way, we win in that scenario.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:33 AM
Shit, I think Haley is killing this franchise with the way he goes through OCs. Of course, it could be Pioli just plain handcuffing him too. We know that Pioli isn't going anywhere soon though so.....

here is a good question how bad do the chiefs have to do for Pioli to get fired?

09-19-2011, 03:34 AM
If Im Pioli, Im giving the ok to move on from Cassel at the bye week and for Stanzi to start the rest of the way.

We need to see where he is at and get him some valuable starting experience for the future.

Hopefully that still keeps us in position to draft Luck or Stanzi sets the world on fire and leads us on a big win streak against some of the better teams in the league.

I'm not one for throwing a rookie to the wolves but in this case I can live with it. Cassel under Haley isn't the right combo in any universe.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:36 AM

if we get blown out at the chargers game again he better start vs the vikings.

09-19-2011, 03:38 AM
if we get blown out at the chargers game again he better start vs the vikings.

He won't do it at a home game. It will be on a road game if it happens. @Oakland after the bye would be the first possibility.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:41 AM
He won't do it at a home game. It will be on a road game if it happens. @Oakland after the bye would be the first possibility.

They should do it at a home game fan's might not want to boo at 7 mins in to the game if we have a new QB to hope for.

09-19-2011, 03:44 AM
They should do it at a home game fan's might not want to boo at 7 mins in to the game if we have a new QB to hope for.

fair argument, but you also don't want to subject him to a hostile home crowd when he shits the bed on his first game out. At least on the road, he has an excuse for suckage as it is expected.

09-19-2011, 03:45 AM
BUT, I don't think it matters who is behind center with Haley at the helm getting in the way of the OC.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Mangini went 10-6 his 1st season with the jets and a playoff berth 4-12 his next very Todd haley.

His schedule was much harder then the chiefs during our play off run with Haley.

Just more Reason why Todd should not be here next year.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 03:54 AM
BUT, I don't think it matters who is behind center with Haley at the helm getting in the way of the OC.

This I dont think he was ready for a head Coaching job.

09-19-2011, 03:57 AM
This I dont think he was ready for a head Coaching job.

And THAT is on Pioli.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 04:00 AM
And THAT is on Pioli.

So i'll ask again how many more bad drafts/season's/hire's does Pioli get till we can talk abot him not being here another season.

09-19-2011, 04:02 AM
So i'll ask again how many more bad drafts/season's/hire's does Pioli get till we can talk abot him not being here another season.

I'm fine with him being gone now but I think he will be here 5 years.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:04 AM

Heres how I saw the timeline of "As Piolis team turns"

Gailey: look Todd, I think we are gonna need to run a shotgun offense to get the most out of this Matt Cassel guy. He doesnt seem to be able to operate from under center

Haley: Nope, were gonna continue to keep him under center and develop him as a pro quarterback with or without you. We arent gonna make this a joke spread team like you had last year as a long term approach.

Gailey: well then I think we will continue to disagree and maybe its best that...

Haley: you're fired

Weiss: Hi again Scott! My job is to "fix the quarterback" so if you'll be so kind where is the film room so I can get started on evaluating him.

Haley: thanks, glad to have you on board.

Weiss: it seems your boy has a problem with his mechanics and footwork and I think thats where we will have to start with him. He seems to have a problem recognizing a lot of things and seems to take his eyes off his receivers too much to watch the pass rush.

I think we should devise a gameplan that keeps him to two reads and quick drops and a lot of mechanics so I can work through some issues with him.

Haaley: I agree lets make that our gameplan going into the season and as he gets comfortable, we will add more downfield passing to the plan and start kicking some ass!

Weiss later in the year: Todd, we need to talk. The kid is getting better on his footwork, but at this rate he is gonna be 32 by the time I have "fixed" him. "Whats the point" we are gonna need to draft somebody.

Haley: Not gonna happen. You know, with Scotts name on the line on this one. We need to make it work, whatever it takes.

Weiss: thats the thing...you've seen him throw past 15 yards, it aint pretty, son. There isnt a whole lot more we can add to these gameplans without making ourselves look like we have clown shoes on. This kid just doesnt have an arm capable of opening up the rest of this offense with.

Haley: thats where were at then? Listen, Charlie...I thought you were the QB master? We brought you in to do a job and youre telling me you cant do it...is that it?

Weiss: I dont appreciate that at all Todd. Im doing my best.

Haley: well, I guess thats not good enough...is it?

Weiss: I guess not. I have word that my son is gonna take a coaching spot at Florida and if you arent gonna listen to me on this one, my work is done here. You seem like you have everything under control.

Haley: GTFO and make sure to bring your fucking hoveralong with you.

Weiss: stay classy, Todd.

Pioli: Todd, did Charlie Weiss just leave?

Haley: Yup. Says he cant fix Cassel any further and thinks we need to draft someone that we can run a whole offense with. I told himwe were gonna do whatever it takes to make it work with Matt and he disagrees and told me he was gonna go coach at FLorida with his kid or something.

Pioli: You know, I wish you would have involved me before it got to that point. I really wish you could work these things out without it having to get to the point of blowing up like this. First Chan and now Charlie...fuck...were gonna have to do something...who are we gonna bring in as another offensive coordinator after all this?

Haley: I can do everything Scott. Dont worry about a thing...remember why you hired me from Arizona? Lets just promote Bill and bring in somebody to help with Cassel.

Pioli: we really dont have any other choices, do we?

Haley in preseason after lockout: Cassel has regressed so far, Im not sure where to begin.

Pioli: fuck me running. I give you a probowl quarterback and you cant make it work?

Haley later in preseason: He wont listen to what we are telling him and traslate it to the field at all. He still looks at the rush and wont throw past 15 yards no matter how open the receivers are in practice and now its happening in the real games and then the other guys come in and its like night and day. This Stanzi kid looks like a much better quarterback in almost every aspect.

Pioli: Do you realize how bad it would make me look if you bench my probowl quarterback that I staked my reputation on and start a 5th round rookie? Do you have any clue? Cassel plays no matter what and you will make it work...period.

Haley: FML...Matt Cassel is gonna get me fired from my first head coaching gig. If this is the way its gonna go down, Im gonna show the whole world its the quarterback and not "us" by not coddling him with the BS limited playbook that only calls for bubble screens and dump offs. If Cassel is gonna make it, he is gonna have to throw the ball like a real quarterback.

Sink or swim MFer

and here we are.

2 blowout losses while calling plays Cassel should be able to run if he was developing on schedule ....it just proves we need to make a change at QB.

The combination of Dick Stanzi and Andrew Luck is gonna be a real good set of QBs!

Hopefully, we can get a 3rd or 4th for Cassel.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:08 AM

Gailey: look Todd, I think we are gonna need to run a shotgun offense to get the most out of this Matt Cassel guy. He doesnt seem to be able to operate from under center

Haley: Nope, were gonna continue to keep him under center and develop him as a pro quarterback with or without you. We arent gonna make this a joke spread team like you had last year as a long term approach.

Gailey: well then I think we will continue to disagree and maybe its best that...

Weiss: Hi again Scott! My job is to "fix the quarterback" so if you'll be so kind where is the film room so I can get started on evaluating him.

Weiss: it seems your boy has a problem with his mechanics and footwork and I think thats where we will have to start with him. He seems to have a problem recognizing a lot of things and seems to take his eyes off his receivers too much to watch the pass rush.

I think we should devise a gameplan that keeps him to two reads and quick drops and a lot of mechanics so I can work through some issues with him.

Haaley: I agree lets make that our gameplan going into the season and as he gets comfortable, we will add more downfield passing to the plan and start kicking some ass!

Weiss later in the year: Todd, we need to talk. The kid is getting better on his footwork, but at this rate he is gonna be 32 by the time I have "fixed" him. "Whats the point" we are gonna need to draft somebody.

Haley: Not gonna happen. You know, with Scotts name on the line on this one. We need to make it work, whatever it takes.

Weiss: thats the thing...you've seen him throw past 15 yards, it aint pretty, son. There isnt a whole lot more we can add to these gameplans without making ourselves look like we have clown shoes on. This kid just doesnt have an arm capable of opening up the rest of this offense with.

Haley: thats where were at then? Listen, Charlie...I thought you were the QB master? We brought you in to do a job and youre telling me you cant do it...is that it?

Weiss: I guess not. I have word that my son is gonna take a coaching spot at Florida and if you arent gonna listen to me on this one, my work is done here. You seem like you have everything under control.

Haley: GTFO and make sure to bring your ****ing hoveralong with you.

Haley: Yup. Says he cant fix Cassel any further and thinks we need to draft someone that we can run a whole offense with. I told himwe were gonna do whatever it takes to make it work with Matt and he disagrees and told me he was gonna go coach at FLorida with his kid or something.

Pioli: You know, I wish you would have involved me before it got to that point. I really wish you could work these things out without it having to get to the point of blowing up like this. First Chan and now Charlie...****...were gonna have to do something...who are we gonna bring in as another offensive coordinator after all this?

Haley: I can do everything Scott. Dont worry about a thing...remember why you hired me from Arizona? Lets just promote Bill and bring in somebody to help with Cassel.

Haley in preseason after lockout: Cassel has regressed so far, Im not sure where to begin.

Pioli: **** me running. I give you a probowl quarterback and you cant make it work?

Haley later in preseason: He wont listen to what we are telling him and traslate it to the field at all. He still looks at the rush and wont throw past 15 yards no matter how open the receivers are in practice and now its happening in the real games and then the other guys come in and its like night and day. This Stanzi kid looks like a much better quarterback in almost every aspect.

Pioli: Do you realize how bad it would make me look if you bench my probowl quarterback that I staked my reputation on and start a 5th round rookie? Do you have any clue? Cassel plays no matter what and you will make it work...period.

Haley: FML...Matt Cassel is gonna get me fired from my first head coaching gig. If this is the way its gonna go down, Im gonna show the whole world its the quarterback and not "us" by not coddling him with the BS limited playbook that only calls for bubble screens and dump offs. If Cassel is gonna make it, he is gonna have to throw the ball like a real quarterback.

Sink or swim MFer

and here we are.

2 blowout losses while calling plays Cassel should be able to run if he was developing on schedule ....it just proves we need to make a change at QB.

The combination of Dick Stanzi and Andrew Luck is gonna be a real good set of QBs!

Are you kidding? Cassel has done nothing to lose his job.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:08 AM

dont push it

the 2010 and 2011 drafts were pretty fucking good...so were those fa periods for us.

That 2009 draft is like a nuke on a resume though...worst part is that the trade for Cassel handcuffed us to mediocrity once again.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Are you kidding? Cassel has done nothing to lose his job.

this is a joke, right?

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 04:12 AM
dont push it

the 2010 and 2011 drafts were pretty ****ing good...so were those fa periods for us.

That 2009 draft is like a nuke on a resume though...worst part is that the trade for Cassel handcuffed us to mediocrity once again.

the 2011 draft is not looking so good when our 1st round pick gets hurt in a locker room brawl.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 04:13 AM

after the year it looks like we are gonna have who the hell is gonna trade anything for Matt $%^$ing cassel.

Rex Grossman and Jason Freaking Campbell look better then Cassel at this point and they were free QBs.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:14 AM
this is a joke, right?

His completion % has improved.

ChiefGator
09-19-2011, 04:19 AM
His completion % has improved.

Did he grade out perfectly last game?

Pushead2
09-19-2011, 04:21 AM
Haley's ego is the main problem here.

We should be in a shotgun spread offense with Cassel.

09-19-2011, 04:21 AM

Perfectly awful

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Haley's ego is the main problem here.

We should be in a shotgun spread offense with Cassel.

...not if we want to win a championship.

That's like building your dream house on quicksand.

Thats why I think Haley deserves to last here longer than Cassel.

When Haley had a quarterback, he went to the superbowl...even with an average defense.

He knows that you need to do certain things effectively to be able to succeed on the bigger stages in this league and running a gimmick scheme as your base offense isnt one of them.

If we needed to go to a spread system for a quarterback with accuracy issues...why again did we trade for Cassel and then trade Thigpen away?

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:29 AM

He showed he's a leader.

In interceptions

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:31 AM
It'd be pretty funny if Haley was fired by the bye week and Crennel becomes the head coach and wins 4 or 5 games and Pioli names him the head coach for next year.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:33 AM
It'd be pretty funny if Haley was fired by the bye week and Crennel becomes the head coach and wins 4 or 5 games and Pioli names him the head coach for next year.

I doubt very highly that Haley is gonna get fired during the season.

It could happen, but I doubt it.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Ill tell you one thing.

These jokers need to move on from Cassel.

Sooner the better.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:35 AM
I doubt very highly that Haley is gonna get fired during the season.

It could happen, but I doubt it.

We keep playing like this theres no way he doesn't.

09-19-2011, 04:35 AM

shut your mouth

09-19-2011, 04:36 AM

Pioli is stubborn enough to keep him around. Wouldn't shock me if he were still the HC next year.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Pioli is stubborn enough to keep him around. Wouldn't shock me if he were still the HC next year.

The seats will be empty next home game. No way Clark lets that happen.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:42 AM

we keep playing like this...maybe Haley gets the green light to move on from the guy on the field prohibiting the team from competing.

Give Haley half a year with Stanzi at QB and then next year with Luck and then see where we are at.

Past players that were coached by Haley LOVE HIM and thats because they knew he pushed them to be great and thats what a young team needs.

Its just a shame his young team is handcuffed to Matt Fucking Cassel.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 04:46 AM
we keep playing like this...maybe Haley gets the green light to move on from the guy on the field prohibiting the team from competing.

Give Haley half a year with Stanzi at QB and then next year with Luck and then see where we are at.

Past players that were coached by Haley LOVE HIM and thats because they knew he pushed them to be great and thats what a young team needs.

Its just a shame his young team is handcuffed to Matt ****ing Cassel.

It's more than just Matt Cassel the team hasn't been prepared since the lockout ended thats on the coach. TO & Patrick Crayton didn't speak too highly of Haley. I know TO isn't the best example. You don't get the #1 overall pick and keep the GM & Head coach.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 04:48 AM

if he keeps haley with a 1-15 0-16 record we will be the biggest laughing stocks in the nfl ever.

09-19-2011, 04:48 AM
if he keeps haley with a 1-15 0-16 record we will be the biggest laughing stocks in the nfl ever.

The key injuries would be the obvious excuse if he did.

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 04:51 AM
The key injuries would be the obvious excuse if he did.

Being a Good Coach is learning to Get pass key injuries.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Being a Good Coach is learning to Get pass key injuries.

which can be done

IF YOU HAVE A QUARTERBACK

BossChief
09-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Anyone else wonder if "the plan" actually entailed tanking the season for Luck? /teedubyaa

oaklandhater
09-19-2011, 05:01 AM
which can be done

IF YOU HAVE A QUARTERBACK

Todd haley's coaching career will be over becuase of one man Matt Cassel but them be the breaks it wont matter anymore if he was pioli choice or not.

The Fan's will have a insatiable bloodlust for Cassle and our coaching staff if we go 1-15 0-16.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 05:03 AM
I bet the crowd would go absolutely wild if Stanzi came out as the starter after the bye.

Remember the ovation he got when he came into his first preseason game?

Red Dawg
09-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Teams are built from the QB position. Cassel was Scott's huge fugg up. We need stability, that's what playoff teams have. They don't change and quit on coaches all the time. Keep the staff and dump Matt. He's the biggest problem.

Hoover
09-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Charlie Weis was not a god as our OC.

My lord you guys have shitty memories.

Game one: 10 of 22 for 68 yards 1 TD

Game two: 16 of 28 for 176 yards 2 int

It wasn't until the 3rd game he had OK numbers, but PLEASE stop the Weis is God BS.

09-19-2011, 02:48 PM

It wasn't until the 3rd game he had OK numbers, but PLEASE stop the Weis is God BS.

WTF? Nobody is saying that. the only thing this thread shows is that at least Weiss made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Cassel was still bad but at least we won games with Weiss running the offense.

jd1020
09-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Game 1 was played in the eye of a Hurricane.

OnTheWarpath15
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Game 1 was played in the eye of a Hurricane.

And the opposing QB threw for 298 yards and 2 TD's.

Rams Fan
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Newsome with Harbaugh.

OnTheWarpath15
09-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Newsome with Harbaugh.

*buzzer*

Modell hired Billick in 1999. Newsome was the Director of Football Operations at the time. He wasn't promoted to GM until 2002.

Titty Meat
Newsome with Harbaugh.

Harbaugh hasn't won a super bowl. I will agree it was a good hire though but it's a different situation.

Titty Meat
*buzzer*

Modell hired Billick in 1999. Newsome was the Director of Football Operations at the time. He wasn't promoted to GM until 2002.

Touche.

Titty Meat
09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
The correct answer is or atleast should be if we pick #1 Pioli should fucking go. Kokinis was fired only 8 games into his first year.

DaWolf
09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Bill Polian hired Jim Mora and then replaced him with Dungy...

BossChief
09-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Haley: GTFO and make sure to bring your fucking hoveralong with you.

Pioli: You know, I wish you would have involved me before it got to that point. I really wish you could work these things out without it having to get to the point of blowing up like this. First Chan and now Charlie...fuck...were gonna have to do something...who are we gonna bring in as another offensive coordinator after all this?

Pioli: fuck me running. I give you a probowl quarterback and you cant make it work?

Sink or swim MFer

and here we are.

FTR this is pretty much exactly how I think stuff went down...

mnchiefsguy
09-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Here's one...Jim Irsay of the Colts. How many screw ups and re-treads did they have before getting Tony Dungy?

nychief
09-19-2011, 05:53 PM
George Young...

Ray Perkins then Bill Parcells.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
dont push it

the 2010 and 2011 drafts were pretty fucking good...so were those fa periods for us.

Berry: Good pick, no brainer
McCluster: Horrendous, horrendous pick
Arenas: Blah
Asamoah: Good player.
Moeaki: Talented, but injured player, still hasn't proven he can stay on the field
Sheffield: Who knows?
Lewis: Ok for a fifth, I guess, but is by no means anything other than a mediocre player at this point.

They've played two games and no one from this class has shown anything either good or bad, save for Baldwin's stupidity.

I don't see anything of great note from the FA period in either year.

GordonGekko
09-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Bill Polian hired Jim Mora and then replaced him with Dungy...

THIS!!

Of course it helps to have a bullet named Manning in the chamber

el borracho
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM

Dismissals occur bottom up in our scenario. Cassel will be first, Haley would be next, Pioli will be last to go.

el borracho
09-19-2011, 07:57 PM
It's more than just Matt Cassel the team hasn't been prepared since the lockout ended thats on the coach. TO & Patrick Crayton didn't speak too highly of Haley. I know TO isn't the best example. You don't get the #1 overall pick and keep the GM & Head coach.

Do you imagine the Colts head coach is on the hotseat? Or do you imagine that everybody recognizes that your QB is your franchise in modern NFL?

Frankie
09-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I was trying to think if theres any GM in the history of the NFL that missed on the first coaching hire but got it right the second time. I can't think of any off the top of my head....

Is the problem the first coach Pioli has hired or Pioli himself?

ForeverChiefs58
09-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Anyone else wonder if "the plan" actually entailed tanking the season for Luck? /teedubyaa

Do you think Pioli and Clark have had that conversation, discussed that scenario?

booger
09-19-2011, 10:52 PM

Hopefully, the next coach wont be handcuffed to Matt ****ing Cassel.

Strongly agree