PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What is a reasonable amount of time to give a GM?

suds79
09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
The reason why I ask this is because Mike Silver’s article (http://tinyurl.com/44rrl53 ) speculates that Scott Pioli will want to hire Josh McDaniels as the next head coach. Unfortunately, I could see this happening. I think Scott is into “The Patriot Way” and would want to hire one of his buddies all the while remaining the man in KC. Could anybody see him bringing in a Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher in here?

Conventional wisdom seems to say Scott is safe after this year while Todd is dead man walking. So I ask you, how long is enough before you make a move?

Mr. Laz
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Pioli should take heat and get credit for everything he does right now. He's done some good things and bad. I beginning to think his biggest mistake might have been Haley.

jd1020
09-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Pioli should take heat and get credit for everything he does right now. He's done some good things and bad. I beginning to think his biggest mistake might have been Haley.

My hate for Haley has peaked, but even at its peak it doesnt stand taller than the pile of shit under center. I dont think Haley was a mistake, it just hasn't worked out and its time to move on. I think its pretty obvious that Haley doesnt have any idea.

I'll give Pioli every chance there is because of his resume, as long as we are always moving forward. It starts with getting rid of Haley and flushing the mound of shit down toilet.

The Franchise
09-19-2011, 09:46 AM

He's got bigger mistakes than that.

1. Trading for Matt Cassel.
2. The entire 2009 draft.

OnTheWarpath15
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I'd be shocked if Clark made a move before Pioli's contract is up - though he should absolutely be considering it.

His three biggest decisions as GM have failed miserably - hiring Haley, trading for Cassel and drafting Jackson. Dude should be held accountable for his mistakes.

And if the reports are true that Pioli and Haley hate each other, I have no problem cleaning house and starting over.

But that's wishful thinking on my part. No way Clark has the balls to admit his mistake and fire Scott before his contract expires.

suds79
09-19-2011, 09:53 AM
But that's wishful thinking on my part. No way Clark has the balls to admit his mistake and fire Scott before his contract expires.

I think the bigger concern with Clark is not that he'd have to admit he made a mistake. It's that he's paying Scott $$ through 5 years and would have to shell out $$ for a new GM. It's hard not to argue that Clark is cheap.

The Franchise
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
I'd be shocked if Clark made a move before Pioli's contract is up - though he should absolutely be considering it.

His three biggest decisions as GM have failed miserably - hiring Haley, trading for Cassel and drafting Jackson. Dude should be held accountable for his mistakes.

And if the reports are true that Pioli and Haley hate each other, I have no problem cleaning house and starting over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d-80einHTSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
I think you get 3 years without any kind of performance at all. Even if you suck for 2 seasons, you get a 3rd. If you show nothing for 3 seasons - b'bye.

If you show flashes or signs of growth, you get 5.

Ultimately I'd probably give Pioli 5, but I'm not certain why. I think you could probably axe him after this year and not be worse off for it (he's overrated as hell), but last season should probably earn him the right to finish out his contract if nothing else.

But then again, I saw the 2009 season as a fireable offense, so WTF do I know?

The Franchise
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
I think you get 3 years without any kind of performance at all. Even if you suck for 2 seasons, you get a 3rd. If you show nothing for 3 seasons - b'bye.

If you show flashes or signs of growth, you get 5.

Ultimately I'd probably give Pioli 5, but I'm not certain why. I think you could probably axe him after this year and not be worse off for it (he's overrated as hell), but last season should probably earn him the right to finish out his contract if nothing else.

But then again, I saw the 2009 season as a fireable offense, so WTF do I know?

I give him 5. I honestly think that Cassel and Haley are gone after this season. I'm just hoping that he doesn't do something completely stupid like promote Crennel or bring back Weis.

Reerun_KC
09-19-2011, 09:59 AM
I was bouncing between 4-7 and 8-10...

jd1020
09-19-2011, 09:59 AM
What would be stupid about bringing back Weis?

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2011, 10:02 AM

remember how Herm fucked up so badly with SD game? That game ended the Peterson/Edwards regime.

Clark could pull all the stops again if this pathetic bullshit with Pioli/Haley/Cassel continues.

The Franchise

As a head coach? A ton.....and I'm not talking about his weight.

Frosty

He asks the Notre Dame fan...

The Franchise
09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Charlie Weis is a competent offensive coordinator. He's damn good when he works with QBs. But he sucks fat donkey dicks when he's a head coach.

</post>
09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I think Haley’s a very good coach, though he’s habitually dissed in the media, a sign (I suspect) that someone in his organization whose name rhymes with cannoli likes to go off the record with certain reporters

This is probably the worst thing you could hear about Pioli. If its true, it speaks volumes about his character. Who wants to come risk their career or waste three years coaching for a guy like that? You might as well go coach in Oakland.

The only thing admirable about the Patriot Way is the winning. Remove that and you get a bunch of people that don't seem like very good human beings.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
If Scott and Todd are really having issues, then that's a shame. I still like Todd. Cassel has to go. Pioli fucked up the 2009 draft all the way around. That's on Scott. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that this rift is over the fuckwit under Center.

MahiMike
09-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Surprisingly generous today.

Suhperb
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
If your the Lions, you give him ten years of horrible decision making, and then wait till he get's your team an 0-16 record.