PDA

View Full Version : ****OFFICIAL**** Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2

The Franchise
09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
You know....since we can start to look towards the draft in 2012.

4. Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Matt Cassel's stats in his previous three starts, all of which were at home: 42-of-87, 304 yards, one touchdown and six interceptions. That's a 3.5 YPA.

Unless Todd Haley can pull a Buddy Garrity and bring Charlie Weis back from his collegiate job, Cassel won't improve. The Chiefs will dump him at the end of the year and select one of the three blue-chip quarterback prospects in the 2012 NFL Draft.

36. Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State
The Chiefs wanted Nate Solder, but he was selected four spots earlier in the 2011 NFL Draft. They can grab a tackle here if they aren't happy with Jared Gaither's recovery

68. Robert Lester, S, Alabama
Free safety Kendrick Lewis was just awful in the 2011 opener. If he continues to struggle, the Chiefs will be searching for help at the free safety position.

Nightfyre
09-21-2011, 08:30 PM
No way are we putting off the SEC for the first two rounds...

spanky 52
09-24-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm not a big fan of Walt's but it the draft came off in this order, I'd be happy. Making a point of watching all three players this fall. If everything I'm reading about Lester is true, he'll be drafted in the second round.

Several other players I'll be watching are OT Datko of FSU and OT Massie of MS. OG DeCastro of Stanford would fill a need but will probably go in the bottom of the first round.

jd1020
10-01-2011, 10:56 PM
His new mock has us taking a NT in the 2nd that in his prospects page he says is a 4th-5th round selection.........

Urc Burry
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Man Walter has always hates us

Kansas City Chiefs: T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International
Can the Chiefs give up on Jonathan Baldwin after just one year? Considering that he's been awful on the practice field and even punched a teammate, maybe. This is also to make amends for that awful Steve Breaston signing. Seriously, were the Chiefs the only team that didn't know Breaston's knees were shot?

Breaston has looked pretty decent to me the last couple games.

Just blowing smoke here but, is RG3 a sure-fire 1st rounder? What if we are picking around #8 and Luck, Barkley, and Jones are all gone. Could we take Burfict there, and snag RG3 in the second or trade up late into the first?

jd1020
10-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Man Walter has always hates us

Kansas City Chiefs: T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International
Can the Chiefs give up on Jonathan Baldwin after just one year? Considering that he's been awful on the practice field and even punched a teammate, maybe. This is also to make amends for that awful Steve Breaston signing. Seriously, were the Chiefs the only team that didn't know Breaston's knees were shot?

Breaston has looked pretty decent to me the last couple games.

Just blowing smoke here but, is RG3 a sure-fire 1st rounder? What if we are picking around #8 and Luck, Barkley, and Jones are all gone. Could we take Burfict there, and snag RG3 in the second or trade up late into the first?

There are only 3 sure-fire 1st round QB's right now. If we are at #8, which I highly doubt, there is still a good chance one of those 3 are still on the board.

And I wouldn't want any part of RG3.

jd1020
10-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Decided to take a look at what he thinks after we've won acouple games:

10. Kansas City Chiefs: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Matt Cassel has played very well the past two weeks, so I'm going to lay off mocking a quarterback to the Chiefs in the first round. For now.

Morris Claiborne is the top player available. He definitely fills a need; Brandon Carr will be a free agent in 2012, so if Scott Pioli can't retain him, he'll have to find someone else to play across from Brandon Flowers

42. Kansas City Chiefs: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
If the Chiefs don't grab a quarterback in the first round, they could do so here. They don't have a developmental signal-caller, and they'll definitely need one if Matt Cassel regresses again.

74. Kansas City Chiefs: Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Branden Albert has actually played well at left tackle this year, but the right tackle position is still a mess. The Chiefs could use an early selection in the 2012 NFL Draft for help at the position unless they have confidence in Jared Gaither.

Still has Barkley on the board when we pick in the first.

With players he has being drafted after our picks I'd rather see Barkley in the first and Konz in the second, don't know anything about Wagner.

aturnis
10-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Hate Barkley, therefore I hate this draft.

spanky 52
10-16-2011, 06:00 AM
The Chief's will win 4 maybe 5 games this year. We're stuck with Cassel. Based on Walt's latest draft I'd take NT Ta'amu, OT Adcock and TE Fleener in the first three rounds. Enough of screwing around with old FA NT's. Replace Richardson at RT and replace Pope at TE.

Sofa King
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Decided to take a look at what he thinks after we've won acouple games:

10. Kansas City Chiefs: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Matt Cassel has played very well the past two weeks, so I'm going to lay off mocking a quarterback to the Chiefs in the first round. For now.

Morris Claiborne is the top player available. He definitely fills a need; Brandon Carr will be a free agent in 2012, so if Scott Pioli can't retain him, he'll have to find someone else to play across from Brandon Flowers

42. Kansas City Chiefs: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
If the Chiefs don't grab a quarterback in the first round, they could do so here. They don't have a developmental signal-caller, and they'll definitely need one if Matt Cassel regresses again.

74. Kansas City Chiefs: Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Branden Albert has actually played well at left tackle this year, but the right tackle position is still a mess. The Chiefs could use an early selection in the 2012 NFL Draft for help at the position unless they have confidence in Jared Gaither.

Still has Barkley on the board when we pick in the first.

With players he has being drafted after our picks I'd rather see Barkley in the first and Konz in the second, don't know anything about Wagner.

:mad:

jspchief
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I had kinda wondered about Tannehill. Thought if S4L went very poorly, he might be an option.

As for Carr, didn't we re-sign him this summer?

kccrow
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Agree with Alameda Ta'amu spanky.

My top 3 rounds look like this right now:
1. NT Alameda Ta'amu - Washington
2. OT Matt Reynolds - BYU (Good player and same O-Line coach as Logan Mankins had)
3. FS Aaron Henry - Wisconsin

milkman
10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I had kinda wondered about Tannehill. Thought if **** I AM A COMPLETELY MORONIC BANDWAGON FAN WHO HASN'T HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN OVER A DECADE! **** went very poorly, he might be an option.

As for Carr, didn't we re-sign him this summer?

No.

Bowe and Carr are our two big potential free agents after the season.

O.city
11-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Just updated his draft a few days ago.

Had us taking Courtney Upshaw in the first, Adcock in teh second, and a cb in the third.

I would love the Upshaw pick. Dude is a monster.

jd1020
11-05-2011, 12:01 AM
I see he has the Chiefs in the playoffs.

O.city
11-05-2011, 06:31 PM
HOnestly right now, i'd love, absolutely love, to have Upshaw play otherside Tamba if Houston doesn't work out. If he starts playing better, I'd look really hard and Richardson from Bama. He's a freakin stud.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 10:29 AM
***Updated January 5th***

11. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
Jamaal Charles will be back next year, but the Chiefs have never been convinced that he can carry the load. That's even a more unreasonable expectation in 2012 given that he's coming off a torn ACL.

Trent Richardson is by far the top player available. He would give Kansas City the top one-two punch at running back in the NFL.

44. Brandon Washington, G/OT, Miami
Right tackle Barry Richardson is a sieve in pass protection. Jared Gaither was foolishly waived (typical dumb Todd Haley move), so Kansas City will be looking for an upgrade at the position

75. Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
A team can never have enough talented cornerbacks. Besides, the Chiefs will need help if they aren't able to re-sign Brandon Carr.

107. Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri
The injury-prone Tony Moeaki is coming off a torn ACL. The Chiefs may want to bring in a mid-round prospect just in case Moeaki can't stay healthy.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I would rather go this.

11. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
44. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
75. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
107. Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah

Fat Elvis
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM

Jamaal Charles will be back next year, but the Chiefs have never been convinced that he can carry the load. That's even a more unreasonable expectation in 2012 given that he's coming off a torn ACL.

Trent Richardson is by far the top player available. He would give Kansas City the top one-two punch at running back in the NFL.

Right tackle Barry Richardson is a sieve in pass protection. Jared Gaither was foolishly waived (typical dumb Todd Haley move), so Kansas City will be looking for an upgrade at the position

75. Kansas City Chiefs: Brandon Washington, G/OT, Miami

The injury-prone Tony Moeaki is coming off a torn ACL. The Chiefs may want to bring in a mid-round prospect just in case Moeaki can't stay healthy.

Sweet. We will be the first team to draft clones.

The Bad Guy
01-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Montee Ball is going staying in college.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Sweet. We will be the first team to draft clones.

LMAO Fixed

htismaqe
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM

A team can never have enough talented cornerbacks. Besides, the Chiefs will need help if they aren't able to re-sign Brandon Carr.

I don't really like the 1st pick but I like them progressively more as you go. I like Egnew's upside a lot.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 10:47 AM
FWIW.....The Browns draft RGIII and Kendall Wright with their 1st round picks.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Richardson is the popular pick for us on alot of mocks.

DJ's left nut
01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't really like the 1st pick but I like them progressively more as you go. I like Egnew's upside a lot.

Egnew doesn't strike me as having much upside to speak of.

He's kinda like Martin Rucker was, but he's an even less interested/effective blocker.

He's essentially a really slow, fairly large, WR. He never plays with his hand on the ground and I just don't know that he's going to be able to play as a legitimate TE at this level.

I love the idea of a pass-catching TE in the 4th round, but I still think that's too early for Egnew. Coffman and Rucker couldn't make the transition before him and both of those guys were more NFL ready than Egnew.

Chiefnj2
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
DeCastro and Richardson might be the two best available players (by far) when KC drafts. Typically two positions I wouldn't be thrilled about addressing so early in the draft, but those two players are (IMO) top talents.

I don't know anything about Washington the 2nd round pick - some big names still available in the 2nd round like Barron, Fleener and Foles.

lewdog
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM

I am all over this shit!!! That would be sweet just because he is from Montana.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Based upon their mock, I'd rather go:

1.11 David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
2.44 Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3.75 Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia or Nate Potter, OT, Boise St
4.107 LaDarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

ToxSocks
01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Richardson is the popular pick for us on alot of mocks.

As he should be. #11 for Tannehill is a HUGE reach, and Richardson may be one of the best players in the draft. If he's there at 11, he'll be the BPA at a position of need.

If we ain't moving up for RGIII, then I'm riding the Richardson train all the way to Draft day.

Next season this team will once again be a run heavy offense. Depending on a back who has NEVER carried the load and coming off an ACL surgery along with possibly the slowest back in the league (Battle) is a recipe for disaster and another year of record breaking offensive ineptitude.

Richardson and Charles would be a devastating 1-2 Punch in the run game (Assuming Charles is close to what he once was) and would give whatever shit QB we have starting a chance to at least not be god-awful.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
As he should be. #11 for Tannehill is a HUGE reach, and Richardson may be one of the best players in the draft. If he's there at 11, he'll be the BPA at a position of need.

If we ain't moving up for RGIII, then I'm riding the Richardson train all the way to Draft day.

Next season this team will once again be a run heavy offense. Depending on a back who has NEVER carried the load and coming off an ACL surgery along with possibly the slowest back in the league (Battle) is a recipe for disaster and another year off record breaking offensive ineptitude.

Richardson and Charles would be a devastating 1-2 Punch in the run game (Assuming Charles is close to what he once was) and would give whatever shit QB we have starting a chance to at least not be god-awful.

If we're not trading up for Luck or RGIII.......I would be fine with the Richardson pick.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I would rather go this.

75. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
107. Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah

Montee Ball is going staying in college.

Then I'll go with this:

75. Nate Potter, OT/G, Boise State
107. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame

ToxSocks
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
If we're not trading up for Luck or RGIII.......I would be fine with the Richardson pick.

Then, I'd trade back into the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd and take the top QB prospect, and IMO, it will consist of all the tier 2 QB's, like Foles, Tannehill, Moore, and Lindley.

The Franchise
01-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Then, I'd trade back into the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd and take the top QB prospect, and IMO, it will consist of all the tier 2 QB's, like Foles, Tannehill, Moore, and Lindley.

I would be fine with trading back up for Tannehill. Richardson and Tannehill with our first two picks would be great.

htismaqe
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM

I'm sure they'd actually be devastating enough for this FO to pass on drafting a QB altogether and try to build around Cassel or Orton for the next 4-5 years.

No thanks.

HemiEd
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm sure they'd actually be devastating enough for this FO to pass on drafting a QB altogether and try to build around Cassel or Orton for the next 4-5 years.

No thanks.

We have seen that before, and it didn't work then either.

The Franchise
01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
There is another writer on the site that does his own mock draft. This is his...

2012 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
The Chiefs have more dire needs, but the best player available is Richardson. Thomas Jones is at the end of his career and Jamaal Charles is coming off a serious injury. Running backs slide in the draft, but Richardson is a special talent and too good for Kansas City to pass on.

Entering the BCS Championship, Richardson has 23 total touchdowns (20 rushing, three receiving). He has run for 1,583 yards, averaging six yards per carry. Richardson has also caught 27 passes for 327 yards and three touchdowns. Against Arkansas this season, he made a difficult catch on a screen pass and took it 61 yards for a touchdown. The 5-foot 11, 224-pounder also had dominant games against Florida, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Richardson fought hard against LSU and played well. He produced even with the Tigers' talented defense focused on stopping him.

WalterFootball.com caught up with his former teammate, Mark Ingram. He explained that Richardson has become a better student of the game, which has yielded serious dividends for him in 2011. With better study habits, Richardson now is a complete back with the ability to run through defenders, run away from them, and beat them with intelligence. Last year, he ran for 700 yards and six touchdowns after rushing for 751 yards and eight scores as a freshman. Richardson averaged 5.6 yards per carry in his first two seasons.

43. Kansas City Chiefs: Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State
The Chiefs need a new right tackle. Barry Richardson was exploited in 2011.

Sanders was Florida State's right tackle the past four years, but a season-ending injury to left tackle Andrew Datko has forced him to move over to the left side during 2011. The 6-foot-6, 307-pounder played reasonably well there, demonstrating the ability to play both sides. Sanders can mirror edge rushers while pushing linemen around on the ground game to open up holes. At right tackle, he was a very consistent run and pass blocker over the past four seasons.

NFL coaches are really going to like Sanders' ability to be a swing tackle on game days. Typically, only one backup offensive tackle suits up for a game, and those players need to have the flexibility to play on the right or left side if there is an injury to either tackle. The senior has shown that ability, and he also should be able to move to guard if necessary. So if Sanders doesn't crack the starting lineup quickly, he'll at least provide good depth. In a long-term starting role, Sanders should stay at right tackle.

75. Kansas City Chiefs: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
The Chiefs lost tight end Tony Moeaki for the season, and they had high hopes for him after a quality 2010 season. Kansas City could use another tight end to pair with Moeaki and Leonard Pope.

Fleener (6-6, 244) is a dangerous receiver for quarterback Andrew Luck. In 2010, Fleener had 28 catches for 434 yards and seven touchdowns. He hauled in 34 receptions for 667 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011. Fleener runs good routes and is adept at exploiting the deep middle of the field on seam routes. He should be a good fit in many pro offenses.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Every mock seems to assume we will be keeping Cassel. :(

Chiefnj2
01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
There is another writer on the site that does his own mock draft. This is his...

2012 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

43. Kansas City Chiefs: Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State

75. Kansas City Chiefs: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

Not a bad draft if you want the team to get back to 8 or 9 wins with Cassel as QB.

O.city
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
If we had that draft, and were to bring in Manning for 3 years I would feel pretty good about it.

Frosty
01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Not a bad draft if you want the team to get back to 8 or 9 wins with Cassel as QB.

Since I think there is zero chance that the Chiefs draft a QB before the 5th round, I would be okay with this draft.

ToxSocks
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Every mock seems to assume we will be keeping Cassel. :(

Pro Bowl Qb!

ToxSocks
01-06-2012, 05:30 PM
If we had that draft, and were to bring in Manning for 3 years I would feel pretty good about it.

If that happened then We'd probably hear all season about how our new OC doesn't know how to utilize all these tools properly.

O.city
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
If that happened then We'd probably hear all season about how our new OC doesn't know how to utilize all these tools properly.

Yeah probably so.

It really sucks we don't have a quarterback.

I think this team is a solid draft and one good offseason away from being a contender.

If Berry and Charles, MO come back healthy.

Chris Meck
01-07-2012, 10:20 AM
It really, REALLY sucks that we don't have a QB. It also sucks that we have next to zero chance of grabbing one of the blue chippers this year (Luck and RG3).

I would not take Tannehill at 11. He has high upside, but is a raw project. Any of what project as top tier guys NEXT year will be ready to play as soon or sooner than Tannehill would. It just seems like we would be in the same spot next offseason, needing to draft a QB high and not knowing what Tannehill will be. If it was 2nd round, yeah I'd take him.

I think we should just nab one of the 2nd tier guys (Foles maybe?) and go into camp with Orton/Cassel, Stanzi, and draftee.

I guess what I'm saying is that someone like Foles is going to be game ready a lot sooner, and thus is less of a reach.

jd1020
01-07-2012, 04:16 PM
It really, REALLY sucks that we don't have a QB. It also sucks that we have next to zero chance of grabbing one of the blue chippers this year (Luck and RG3).

I would not take Tannehill at 11. He has high upside, but is a raw project. Any of what project as top tier guys NEXT year will be ready to play as soon or sooner than Tannehill would. It just seems like we would be in the same spot next offseason, needing to draft a QB high and not knowing what Tannehill will be. If it was 2nd round, yeah I'd take him.

I think we should just nab one of the 2nd tier guys (Foles maybe?) and go into camp with Orton/Cassel, Stanzi, and draftee.

I guess what I'm saying is that someone like Foles is going to be game ready a lot sooner, and thus is less of a reach.

So you'd draft the person with less upside just because he'd be ready to start sooner? Seems pretty illogical to me. Neither one is going to start day 1.

Saul Good
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM

Second tier guys? Who is the last QB that went from picks 40-80 and turned out to be a franchise guy?

whoman69
01-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Second tier guys? Who is the last QB that went from picks 40-80 and turned out to be a franchise guy?

Dalton went 35.

Saul Good
01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Dalton went 35.

Pickles are green.

Chris Meck
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
So if you pick Tannehill at pick 11, when as raw as he is, he SHOULD be somewhere around pick 35-50, is that supposed to mean something?

Drew Brees, second round pick. How's that for a 'second tier' QB success story?

Just because you desperately WANT a franchise QB, and NEED a franchise QB doesn't mean that one is AVAILABLE to you. It doesn't mean you just grab SOMEONE in the first round and anoint them your franchise QB. It doesn't mean you take second round talent and draft it a round early just because you desperately WANT them to be something they aren't (yet).

mnchiefsguy
01-07-2012, 10:12 PM

This does not seem like a realistic draft given our current needs.

jd1020
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
If someone leap frogs the Browns for RG3 I can't see Richardson making it passed them. They've pretty much already cut ties with Hillis.

aturnis
01-08-2012, 02:06 AM
This does not seem like a realistic draft given our current needs.

The only position we don't need in that draft is cornerback, and I'm sure they are assuming we don't resign Carr.

Chris Meck
01-08-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't think there's any way we don't re-sign Carr.

Ebolapox
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
So if you pick Tannehill at pick 11, when as raw as he is, he SHOULD be somewhere around pick 35-50, is that supposed to mean something?

Drew Brees, second round pick. How's that for a 'second tier' QB success story?

Just because you desperately WANT a franchise QB, and NEED a franchise QB doesn't mean that one is AVAILABLE to you. It doesn't mean you just grab SOMEONE in the first round and anoint them your franchise QB. It doesn't mean you take second round talent and draft it a round early just because you desperately WANT them to be something they aren't (yet).

brett favre was also a second rounder.

Chris Meck
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Yes he was. So was Boomer Esiason. Which, you know, whatever, but I just remembered that.

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
***Updated January 11th***

11. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Right tackle Barry Richardson is a sieve in pass protection. Jared Gaither was foolishly waived (typical dumb Todd Haley move), so Kansas City will be looking for an upgrade at the position.

This is an easy pick because Jonathan Martin is the top player available who fills a big need. I had Trent Richardson here in my previous update, but he's long gone.

44. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Whenever I see these mocks, it just reinforces how much work KC still needs.

Munson
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
***Updated January 11th***

11. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Right tackle Barry Richardson is a sieve in pass protection. Jared Gaither was foolishly waived (typical dumb Todd Haley move), so Kansas City will be looking for an upgrade at the position.

This is an easy pick because Jonathan Martin is the top player available who fills a big need. I had Trent Richardson here in my previous update, but he's long gone.

I'm not doubting that he might be the best RT available when we pick. But to use the #11 overall pick for a RT is a terrible value. If we do draft a T, we need to trade down a few spots to pick up an 2nd/3rd rounder.

Saccopoo
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm not doubting that he might be the best RT available when we pick. But to use the #11 overall pick for a RT is a terrible value. If we do draft a T, we need to trade down a few spots to pick up an 2nd/3rd rounder.

With the structured rookie wage scale, you can take your value charts and throw them out the window.

Take the BPA at the biggest position of need.

It's a much better way to build your team and now it isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg to do so.

Case in point - they took Berry in the top five, which made him the highest paid safety in the league. That's insane for a rookie and insane for the position.

However, now a team doesn't have to dump bazillions on a position that was considered a "lower positional value" by picking that player high in the draft.

And I'll argue with you all day about the "value" of a right tackle over a lot of positions on the field. It's a pretty important position and one that has cost the Chiefs a lot from an offensive production standpoint since Tait left for the Bears. Their vaunted offensive line has been in a steady decline since that happened and we have continued to parade out mediocre to horrible players at that position since.

Setsuna
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
1st Round/11th pick: Trent Richardson RB (ALA)/Barret Jones G/OT (ALA), Jonathan Martin G/OT (STAN)

2nd Round/44th pick: Barret Jones/Jonathan Martin/Robert Lester S (ALA)

3rd Round/75th pick: Cyrus Gray RB (A&M)/Brandon Taylor S (LSU)/ Coby Fleener TE (STAN)

Later rounds: Kellen Moore QB (BSU)

:thumb:

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
1st Round/11th pick: Trent Richardson RB (ALA)/Barret Jones G/OT (ALA), Jonathan Martin G/OT (STAN)

3rd Round/75th pick: Cyrus Gray RB (A&M)/Brandon Taylor S (LSU)/ Coby Fleener TE (STAN)

I actually like a lot of those picks. The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of taking Moore in the later rounds.

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 02:29 PM
I actually like a lot of those picks. The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of taking Moore in the later rounds.

Sounds like a Pioli pick. He's a winner in college and a leader.

jd1020
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Both Barrett Jones and Robert Lester are returning to Alabama.

jd1020

Except Pioli has never drafted a QB under 6'4

ToxSocks

If the guy were just a few inches taller he'd be a 1st rounder. If he were picked, I wouldn't be mad.

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Now we're going to go off of height?

"He's the next Peyton Manning! He's guaranteed to win you Superbowls!"

"Yeah....but he's 6'2".....can't do it."

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM

There's that. Buzz killer.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM

I think he's speaking more to Pioli's habits or player profiling.

jd1020
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM

I never said he couldn't do it. Just said that Moore is the exact opposite of a Pioli pick.

Pioli goes for tall, big armed, pocket passers. Moore is a short, weak armed (as far as NFL standards go), pocket QB.

The only thing Moore has going for him is the "pocket qb."

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I never said he couldn't do it. Just said that Moore is the exact opposite of a Pioli pick.

Ehh....I got yah. I don't think Pioli knows what his type of picks are.

ToxSocks
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I think he's speaking more to Pioli's habits or player profiling.

Through 3 drafts Pioli hasn't developed ANY habits.

09 was a cluster fuck. Our reaction? Pioli can't draft worth a shit.

'10 Was about team leaders and finding BPA's and Explosive players. Our reaction? Pioli values high character guys. Guys with no risk.

'11. Pioli takes very talented but character risks.

He hasn't shown anything through 3 drafts, IMO, that tip his hand. At this point, he only has one tendency that Hamas pointed out.

He prefers players with Higher Floors and lower ceilings compared to players with Higher ceilings and lower floors.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Through 3 drafts Pioli hasn't developed ANY habits.

09 was a cluster ****. Our reaction? Pioli can't draft worth a shit.

'10 Was about team leaders and finding BPA's and Explosive players. Our reaction? Pioli values high character guys. Guys with no risk.

'11. Pioli takes very talented but character risks.

He hasn't shown anything through 3 drafts, IMO, that tip his hand. At this point, he only has one tendency that Hamas pointed out.

He prefers players with Higher Floors and lower ceilings compared to players with Higher ceilings and lower floors.

Oh I hear ya. I was just clarifying what I thought jd meant.

Setsuna
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Both Barrett Jones and Robert Lester are returning to Alabama.

****!!!!!!:banghead:
There are replacements on my draft though.

jd1020
01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
****!!!!!!:banghead:
There are replacements on my draft though.

Meh. Martin is regarded as a top 15 pick. You believe he's going to fall 30ish spots?

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm still holding out hope to trade into Minnesota's spot to take Griffin. I just don't see St. Louis being the team that trades out IMO. They need Kahil or Blackmon more than Minnesota does.

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm still holding out hope to trade into Minnesota's spot to take Griffin. I just don't see St. Louis being the team that trades out IMO. They need Kahil or Blackmon more than Minnesota does.

Minnesota could easily trade down with us and still get a quality LT.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Minnesota could easily trade down with us and still get a quality LT.

Minnesota needs help with their secondary. Tag Carr Trade.

The Franchise
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Carr and our 1st?

Carr and our 2nd?

What do you think it would take to move up to the #3 spot?

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Carr and our 1st?

Carr and our 2nd?

What do you think it would take to move up to the #3 spot?

Carr, 1st and something next year. I don't know what Minny's salary cap is and whether Carr is an option from that perspective.

jd1020
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Stupid, imo. Bowe has already showed his displeasure with the team (the final straw in Haley's Chiefs career). We have nothing of value to replace Carr with. Then the tag would be used up and Bowe would likely walk and sign with a contender like the Bears.

Carr needs to be signed to an extension or we stand pat at 11/12 and grab Kirkpatrick.

Bewbies
01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Stupid, imo. Bowe has already showed his displeasure with the team (the final straw in Haley's Chiefs career). We have nothing of value to replace Carr with. Then the tag would be used up and Bowe would likely walk and sign with a contender like the Bears.

Carr needs to be signed to an extension or we stand pat at 11/12 and grab Kirkpatrick.

QB1 > CB2

Bloody hell.

Setsuna
01-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Meh. Martin is regarded as a top 15 pick. You believe he's going to fall 30ish spots?

I mean it's possible. I feel like the past 5 years, the drafts have been dominated by high OL picks. When is enough...well enough?

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I mean it's possible. I feel like the past 5 years, the drafts have been dominated by high OL picks. When is enough...well enough?

You are so clueless when it comes to the NFL its hilarious. LMAO

jd1020
01-11-2012, 09:47 PM
QB1 > CB2

Bloody hell.

My bad if I don't want to lose CB 1A and most likely WR1 for a chance to package 1 of them in a trade up with a couple of #1 picks for a QB who was on who's radar before this season?

I'd rather tag Bowe and trade him for a 2 this year and a 1 next year and go after someone like Barkley. Who was likely going to be the #2 QB taken and is going to have another season in college to develop.

O.city
01-11-2012, 09:52 PM
jd, not big on RGIII?

Just dickin with ya, but where was Cam projected to be drafted before last year?

jd1020
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
jd, not big on RGIII?

Just dickin with ya, but where was Cam projected to be drafted before last year?

Gotta love people trying to compare a "6'2 220" QB to a 6'5 250 QB with a bigger arm.

O.city
01-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm not trying to compare them, I know Cam's bigger and stronger, more stating that it doesn't matter where guys are at the beginning of the year.

Nightfyre
01-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Gotta love people trying to compare a "6'2 220" QB to a 6'5 250 QB with a bigger arm.

RGIII is faster, more accurate, a harder-worker, has less question marks, more technically sound and smarter than Cam Newton.

jd1020
01-11-2012, 11:15 PM
RGIII is faster, more accurate, a harder-worker, has less question marks, more technically sound and smarter than Cam Newton.

Let me know when he throws for 4000 yards, runs for 700 and totals 35 TDs in his rookie year.

RG3 is faster in a straight line. Newton is way more elusive.

If Cam Newton didn't exist and didn't set rookie records no one would be looking at him as to why RG3 is going to be some great success. Everyone would be looking at how Michael Vick is always injured.

Nightfyre
01-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Let me know when he throws for 4000 yards, runs for 700 and totals 35 TDs in his rookie year.

RG3 is faster in a straight line. Newton is way more elusive.

If Cam Newton didn't exist and didn't set rookie records no one would be looking at him as to why RG3 is going to be some great success. Everyone would be looking at how Michael Vick is always injured.

None of this post has anything to do with rg3a potential success. Thanks!

jd1020
01-11-2012, 11:40 PM
None of this post has anything to do with rg3a potential success. Thanks!

And nothing you brought up has anything to do with RG3's success in the NFL.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 02:44 AM

Bowe will or won't be signed well before the draft. The threat of losing him will be off the table. Either he is tagged, just gone, or locked up. There won't be a point where we trade Carr and still have to worry about Bowe. That issue, one way or another, will be worked out in March.

Setsuna
01-12-2012, 08:59 PM
You are so clueless when it comes to the NFL its hilarious. LMAO

Thanks troll. Trying to have constructive talks with people and you can't keep us free of your idiocy.

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Assuming the draft fell like Walter Football's latest mock & there were no trades here's what DaKCMan AP would do for the Chiefs (although I'm cheating a little by taking a guy in the 4th round that they have going 1 pick prior to KC's):

1.11 Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
3.75 Nate Potter, OG, Boise State or Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
4.107 Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State

O.city
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
I hope we draft a shit load of olineman this year, so all these fucks will quit mocking them to us.

The Franchise
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
***Updated January 18th*** Same old shit...

DJ's left nut
01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
FANGUPO!!!!

C'mon, it's even fun to say. And there's a 1000% chance he's going to have a better pro career than Michael Egnew, the younger cousin of Mikhael Ricks.

I will not rest until the Planet is on board with Hebron.

jd1020
01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
FANGUPO!!!!

C'mon, it's even fun to say. And there's a 1000% chance he's going to have a better pro career than Michael Egnew, the younger cousin of Mikhael Ricks.

I was looking at late round NT options the other day and he came up. He and the guy from Baylor.

Fanguopo came to the scene late though. So he's not projected to go near the 4th. He's projected as a late round (6-7).

He played in some JUCO then went to USC and played in the 4-3, but after someone tried to break into his apartment with his wife inside he transfered to BYU and learned the NT in 3-4.

The Franchise
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
FANGUPO!!!!

Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 331.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2012): 5-6.
12/16/11: In his one season at BYU, the USC transfer Fangupo has had a decent year. He has recorded 23 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss. Fangupo got a late start in football, so he may need to be developed for a year or two on the practice squad or back of the end roster before he can be a contributor.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I was looking at late round NT options the other day and he came up. He and the guy from Baylor.

Fanguopo came to the scene late though. So he's not projected to go near the 4th. He's projected as a late round (6-7).

He played in some JUCO then went to USC and played in the 4-3, but after someone tried to break into his apartment with his wife inside he transfered to BYU and learned the NT in 3-4.

We'll know more after the combine.

I get the feeling that he'll be an insanely fast riser. People that are built like he is, with that kind of mass while also being that height (can keep good leverage) are pretty rare to come by. Especially guys like that with a legitimate work ethic.

Oh, and he seems like a very standup guy. A Pioli special if ever there was.

We shall see, but I like this dude a TON.

milkman
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
With the structured rookie wage scale, you can take your value charts and throw them out the window.

Take the BPA at the biggest position of need.

It's a much better way to build your team and now it isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg to do so.

Case in point - they took Berry in the top five, which made him the highest paid safety in the league. That's insane for a rookie and insane for the position.

However, now a team doesn't have to dump bazillions on a position that was considered a "lower positional value" by picking that player high in the draft.

And I'll argue with you all day about the "value" of a right tackle over a lot of positions on the field. It's a pretty important position and one that has cost the Chiefs a lot from an offensive production standpoint since Tait left for the Bears. Their vaunted offensive line has been in a steady decline since that happened and we have continued to parade out mediocre to horrible players at that position since.

I'm going to try to avoid insults here, except to throw in a "You're a dumbass" here, because, well, it's what I do.

That out of the way, you present a seemingly intelligent and well reasoned argument, that just is wrong.

With the proliferation of the passing game, the value of safety has increased substantilly over the last 10 years, and that is illustrated by the importance and impact that Palomaulu, Reed, Bob Sanders, Darren Sharper and, to a lesser extent, Donte Whitner have had.

The Colts, Saints and Steelers don't win a SB without the guys menetioned, and the Ravens and 9ers aren't in conference championship games this year.

You refuse to acknowledge the strides that Berry made as a pass defender over the course of his rookie season, because it doesn't fit your agenda.

And while the wage scale affects positional value, it doesn't completely erase value.

I like that kid from BYU (whose name escapes) in the second round, but there's still no way I'm taking a RT at 11 or 12.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I like that kid from BYU (whose name escapes) in the second round...

FANGUPO!!?!??!

Oh wait, wrong discussion. My bad.

The Franchise
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
***Updated January 18th*** Same old shit...

I would go:

75. Robert Lester, S, Alabama
107. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State

Reaper16
01-18-2012, 01:30 PM
I would go:

Lester is staying for his senior year.

The Franchise
01-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Lester is staying for his senior year.

Ok....I'll take Nate Potter, OT/G, Boise State in the 3rd round.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I would go:

You really want to ignore the O-line for the first 4 rounds?

We should really be taking at least 1 tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. We can find good developmental guys in rounds 4 or 5 if we try hard enough, but we need someone that can supplant Richardson immediately and that guy is going to have to be taken fairly early.

The more I ponder, the more I like:

11. Tannehill

44. Mike Adams/Zebrie Sanders/Osemele - I could be convinced to go BPA if a quality prospect like Burfict or someone else starts to slide (Kirkpatrick, etc...), but all things being equal, I'd really like to see a high-quality OT go off the board here.

75. I'd love to see Polk slip to here, but I don't see it happening. This really does become a BPA type slot. Fleener would be a homerun pick, IMO, but it seems unlikely. We could do worse than picking up Potter as a swing-tackle, backup Guard. He could do a lot to re-build the line-depth. If we go BPA in round 2 and pass on an OT, we have to go OT here.

107. Oh c'mon - you know who I'm taking here. Fangupo! Don't want to lose this guy and by the 4th round, if you see someone you really want, just !@#$ing take him and don't risk losing him by playing a waiting game.

The Franchise
01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
You really want to ignore the O-line for the first 4 rounds?

We should really be taking at least 1 tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. We can find good developmental guys in rounds 4 or 5 if we try hard enough, but we need someone that can supplant Richardson immediately and that guy is going to have to be taken fairly early.

The more I ponder, the more I like:

11. Tannehill

44. Mike Adams/Zebrie Sanders/Osemele - I could be convinced to go BPA if a quality prospect like Burfict or someone else starts to slide (Kirkpatrick, etc...), but all things being equal, I'd really like to see a high-quality OT go off the board here.

75. I'd love to see Polk slip to here, but I don't see it happening. This really does become a BPA type slot. Fleener would be a homerun pick, IMO, but it seems unlikely. We could do worse than picking up Potter as a swing-tackle, backup Guard. He could do a lot to re-build the line-depth. If we go BPA in round 2 and pass on an OT, we have to go OT here.

107. Oh c'mon - you know who I'm taking here. Fangupo! Don't want to lose this guy and by the 4th round, if you see someone you really want, just !@#$ing take him and don't risk losing him by playing a waiting game.

I put Potter in the 3rd on my updated list. Apparently Lester is going back.

Mr. Laz
01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
11. Tannehill

he's awfully raw to be a 1st round pick, isn't he?

unless you going by the "draft a QB in the 1st no matter what" rule.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2012, 02:22 PM
11. Tannehill

he's awfully raw to be a 1st round pick, isn't he?

unless you going by the "draft a QB in the 1st no matter what" rule.

Extremely raw. Insanely raw. In all honesty, in a lot of years I'd make fun of myself for this pick.

That said - the kid has a fantastic build for the position. Better still, he's a spectacular athlete that should have very few issues throwing from odd positions or moving the pocket. He's also shown great 'coachability' in that he's turned himself from a struggling WR to a legitimately top tier BCS-level quarterback on the fly over the span of 1.5 seasons.

If he played quarterback for all 5 years at A&M, don't you think there's a very very good chance that he's in the discussion with Griffin and Luck? Or more accurately, don't you think people are wondering if RGIII should be in the discussion with Luck and Tannehill?

I just can't help but wonder if maybe Tannehill isn't exactly the kind of fortunate that the football Gods so rarely afford the Chiefs. We're looking at a kid that has literally every single attribute you could want in a starting NFL quarterback and due to the vagaries of recruiting and NCAA roster construction, he was a guy that just didn't play the position much when younger and slipped to us.

Fortune favors the bold - if we can get a kid with the skill-set of Luck that will simply need a couple more years of coaching to become a quarterback at/near his level, we have to do it, don't we? Don't you just feel like cutting your wrists if we pass on him for Richardson and he becomes a star by 2015?

Like I said, I really don't know if I'm sold on it or not. Then again, it's the kind of massive HR swing that can make this team a legitimate title contender for a very long time if it works out.

O.city
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I think after the combine, there is no way he makes it to 11.

Urc Burry
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM

Yup, I think he will be a Redskin or Dolphin

DJ's left nut
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Well the good news is that would bring the pool of teams that are likely looking to draft a QB in 2013 down to about 4 and that QB draft looks to be shaping up as an excellent one.

There are worse things in the world than losing out on Tannehill because a legitimately QB needy team decided to take him before us, at least that takes them out of the QB lottery and would make it a little more likely that a guy like Martin falls to us.

However, passing on him at 11 and then seeing a squad like NE, Pittsburgh, New Orleans or some other team that already has a good quarterback on the roster than can just squirrel him away for 3 years only to unleash him on us in 2015 would piss me right off. There would be truly nothing but downside to that move for us.

the Talking Can
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Extremely raw. Insanely raw. In all honesty, in a lot of years I'd make fun of myself for this pick.

That said - the kid has a fantastic build for the position. Better still, he's a spectacular athlete that should have very few issues throwing from odd positions or moving the pocket. He's also shown great 'coachability' in that he's turned himself from a struggling WR to a legitimately top tier BCS-level quarterback on the fly over the span of 1.5 seasons.

If he played quarterback for all 5 years at A&M, don't you think there's a very very good chance that he's in the discussion with Griffin and Luck? Or more accurately, don't you think people are wondering if RGIII should be in the discussion with Luck and Tannehill?

I just can't help but wonder if maybe Tannehill isn't exactly the kind of fortunate that the football Gods so rarely afford the Chiefs. We're looking at a kid that has literally every single attribute you could want in a starting NFL quarterback and due to the vagaries of recruiting and NCAA roster construction, he was a guy that just didn't play the position much when younger and slipped to us.

Fortune favors the bold - if we can get a kid with the skill-set of Luck that will simply need a couple more years of coaching to become a quarterback at/near his level, we have to do it, don't we? Don't you just feel like cutting your wrists if we pass on him for Richardson and he becomes a star by 2015?

Like I said, I really don't know if I'm sold on it or not. Then again, it's the kind of massive HR swing that can make this team a legitimate title contender for a very long time if it works out.

i don't have an opinion on tannehill, but I'll buy the reasoning here...

aturnis
01-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Yup, I think he will be a Redskin or Dolphin

That won't be b/c he did anything to improve his stock. It's b/c those teams are desperate and almost have to take him if they get a chance.

Saccopoo
01-19-2012, 01:53 AM

You've just become the poster child for "desperate."

The Franchise
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell (a writer on Walterfootball.com)

Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel will turn 30 just after the 2012 NFL Draft and he is not a difference maker. Kansas City could groom the new quarterback for a year or two behind Cassel.

With Matt Barkley and Landry Jones returning to school, I agree with Walt that Ryan Tannehill will move up and get drafted well ahead of where he should go because of the demand at the position. Tannehill could be this year's Blaine Gabbert/Christian Ponder.

The 6-foot-4, 222-pound Tannehill is a good athlete who can make big plays with his feet and has a strong arm. This season, he completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,744 yards with 29 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. The senior also rushed for 355 yards with four touchdowns. Tannehill was inconsistent and is still developing at the position. He played well versus Baylor and Missouri, but struggled against Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas.

Tannehill has only played one full season at quarterback (20 total starts at QB), so he will need time to develop at the pro level. As a wide out in 2008, Tannehill caught 55 passes for 844 yards and five touchdowns. He switched to quarterback in 2010 and played well in the last half of the season as the Aggies' starter. Tannehill completed 65 percent of his passes for 1,638 yards with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions.

44. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
The Chiefs could use another running back as Thomas Jones is at the end of a line after a good career. Plus, Jamaal Charles is coming off an injury.

Miller had a breakout 2011 season with 1,272 yards and nine touchdowns rushing while averaging 5.46 yards per carry. He was the most consistent weapon for Miami. The redshirt sophomore has an excellent skill set. Miller (5-11, 212) has the size and strength to handle the pounding of a large amount of carries. What makes him stand out is his speed. He has the quickness to hit a hole quickly and the straight-line speed to score on any carry. Miller wanted to hear that he would be a first-rounder in order to declare for the draft. After consulting the advisory board, Miller entered the draft and signed with Drew Rosenhaus.

75. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
Kelly Gregg is 35, and the Chiefs have some late-rounders as backups. Adding Ta'amu would provide a young nose tackle for the Kansas City defense.

This season, Ta'amu had 30 tackles with seven tackles for a loss and 3.5 sacks. He had a good game against Colorado with five tackles, 1.5 tackles for a loss and .5 sacks. The 6-foot-3, 337-pounder had a terrible performance against Stanford. Ta'amu was a non-factor as the Cardinal was able to run through him and the Huskies' defense with ease. He also played poorly against Baylor in the Alamo Bowl shootout. Still, Ta'amu remains one of the better nose tackles in the draft class, and he is perfect to play the nose in a 3-4 defense (plus remains one of the few genuine candidates available).

Ta'amu was a tough run stuffer as a junior in 2010. He recorded 39 tackles with five tackles for a loss and 1.5 sacks. In his second year as a starter, Ta'amu was an All-Pac-10 honorable mention. Usually, he is a powerful force at the point of attack who is nearly impossible to move.

108. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
If the Chiefs are unable to agree to an extension with Dwayne Bowe, they could use another receiver to pair with Jonathan Baldwin.

Broyles' season ended early after sustaining a torn ACL against Texas A&M. Even though the 5-foot-10, 188-pounder is on the smaller side, he was extremely productive and durable prior to that injury. Broyles finished 2011 with 83 receptions for 1,157 yards and 10 touchdowns. WalterFootball.com has learned from sources that he has become a hard working and a high-character individual who should impress teams in the interview and rehab process.

When you watch tape of Broyles, the yards after the catch are undeniable along with his toughness. He recorded 131 receptions for 1,622 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2010. A year earlier, Broyles had 89 catches for 1,120 yards and 15 scores. The senior is a big-time playmaker who is an excellent route-runner, plus he has fabulous hands and good body-control.

The Franchise
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
And I'd rather see this.

44. Chris Polk, RB, Washington
108. Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU

jd1020
01-23-2012, 06:57 PM
If the Chiefs are unable to agree to an extension with Dwayne Bowe, they could use another receiver to pair with Jonathan Baldwin.

Broyles' season ended early after sustaining a torn ACL against Texas A&M. Even though the 5-foot-10, 188-pounder is on the smaller side, he was extremely productive and durable prior to that injury. Broyles finished 2011 with 83 receptions for 1,157 yards and 10 touchdowns. WalterFootball.com has learned from sources that he has become a hard working and a high-character individual who should impress teams in the interview and rehab process.

When you watch tape of Broyles, the yards after the catch are undeniable along with his toughness. He recorded 131 receptions for 1,622 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2010. A year earlier, Broyles had 89 catches for 1,120 yards and 15 scores. The senior is a big-time playmaker who is an excellent route-runner, plus he has fabulous hands and good body-control.

He'll fit right in with all the ACL rehabbing going on right now.

jd1020
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
And I'd rather see this.

44. Chris Polk, RB, Washington

Going by his draft you are more likely to see

11. Riley Reiff
44. Coby Fleener
75. Alameda Ta'amu
108. I'd say QB here... he only has 4 QB's mocked in the first 4 rounds. I just don't see that happening.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell (a writer on Walterfootball.com)

Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel will turn 30 just after the 2012 NFL Draft and he is not a difference maker. Kansas City could groom the new quarterback for a year or two behind Cassel.

With Matt Barkley and Landry Jones returning to school, I agree with Walt that Ryan Tannehill will move up and get drafted well ahead of where he should go because of the demand at the position. Tannehill could be this year's Blaine Gabbert/Christian Ponder.

The 6-foot-4, 222-pound Tannehill is a good athlete who can make big plays with his feet and has a strong arm. This season, he completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,744 yards with 29 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. The senior also rushed for 355 yards with four touchdowns. Tannehill was inconsistent and is still developing at the position. He played well versus Baylor and Missouri, but struggled against Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas.

Tannehill has only played one full season at quarterback (20 total starts at QB), so he will need time to develop at the pro level. As a wide out in 2008, Tannehill caught 55 passes for 844 yards and five touchdowns. He switched to quarterback in 2010 and played well in the last half of the season as the Aggies' starter. Tannehill completed 65 percent of his passes for 1,638 yards with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions.

The Chiefs could use another running back as Thomas Jones is at the end of a line after a good career. Plus, Jamaal Charles is coming off an injury.

Miller had a breakout 2011 season with 1,272 yards and nine touchdowns rushing while averaging 5.46 yards per carry. He was the most consistent weapon for Miami. The redshirt sophomore has an excellent skill set. Miller (5-11, 212) has the size and strength to handle the pounding of a large amount of carries. What makes him stand out is his speed. He has the quickness to hit a hole quickly and the straight-line speed to score on any carry. Miller wanted to hear that he would be a first-rounder in order to declare for the draft. After consulting the advisory board, Miller entered the draft and signed with Drew Rosenhaus.

Kelly Gregg is 35, and the Chiefs have some late-rounders as backups. Adding Ta'amu would provide a young nose tackle for the Kansas City defense.

This season, Ta'amu had 30 tackles with seven tackles for a loss and 3.5 sacks. He had a good game against Colorado with five tackles, 1.5 tackles for a loss and .5 sacks. The 6-foot-3, 337-pounder had a terrible performance against Stanford. Ta'amu was a non-factor as the Cardinal was able to run through him and the Huskies' defense with ease. He also played poorly against Baylor in the Alamo Bowl shootout. Still, Ta'amu remains one of the better nose tackles in the draft class, and he is perfect to play the nose in a 3-4 defense (plus remains one of the few genuine candidates available).

Ta'amu was a tough run stuffer as a junior in 2010. He recorded 39 tackles with five tackles for a loss and 1.5 sacks. In his second year as a starter, Ta'amu was an All-Pac-10 honorable mention. Usually, he is a powerful force at the point of attack who is nearly impossible to move.

I'll take this draft all day, every day.

The Franchise
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
***UPDATED January 25th***

44. Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State

75. Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State

Sofa King
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Fucking Trent Richardson....

Mr_Tomahawk
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Blah.

I like Charlie's more./

RealSNR
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Jesus Christ. The way these mocks have us picking RBs, TEs, OL, and CBs, one would think it was the year 19fucking99 and Gunther was our head coach

The Franchise
01-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I'd rather see this.....assuming that we go with no QB in this draft.

11. David DeCastro, G, Stanford
75. Chris Polk, RB, Washington
107. Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State

ToxSocks
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Jesus Christ. The way these mocks have us picking RBs, TEs, OL, and CBs, one would think it was the year 19****ing99 and Gunther was our head coach

Meh.

Swap CB for QB and those are our needs. We need depth at TE & RB, new starters on the OL and a QB obviously.

At least it's not OL every ****ing pick like it has been for the last 5+ years.

The Franchise
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
If we're going with a QB though.....switch out DeCastro with Tannehill.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
1. QB
2. OT
3. NT
4. RB
5. CB

The Franchise
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
1. QB
2. OT
3. NT
4. RB
5. CB

1. QB
2. RT
3. NT
4. RB
5. C/G
6. S

DaKCMan AP
01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
1.11 David DeCastro, G, Stanford
3.75 Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
4.107 Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

RealSNR
01-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Is this Alameda Ta'amu guy really worth it? That scouting report I read about him getting absolutely eviscerated by Stanford doesn't look good at all.

The Franchise
01-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Is this Alameda Ta'amu guy really worth it? That scouting report I read about him getting absolutely eviscerated by Stanford doesn't look good at all.

I'd much rather sign Paul Soliai in FA.

Tribal Warfare
01-25-2012, 12:25 PM

Watching it was worse to stomach as a future draft pick and anchor of the D-Line.

NJChiefsFan
01-27-2012, 01:23 AM
1. QB
2. OT
3. NT
4. RB
5. CB

Its so hard to do this before FA. If we let Carr go CB shoots up that list fast as hell. If we resign him and we are looking at Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Brown and Daniels you probably have to put ILB or OL at 5.

Saccopoo
01-27-2012, 02:02 AM
1. QB
2. RT
3. NT
4. RB
5. C/G
6. S

Close.

1. RT
2. QB
3. TE
4. C
5. S

1. Richardson is worse than Cassel/Orton. By a long shot. Right offensive tackle is the biggest hole on the roster.

2. That being said, the most visable position on the roster, quarterback, is being manned by mediocrity at best. Cassel tries hard, but he doesn't inspire the team or the fans through his overly conservative, "make sure I don't fuck this up" style of play. Orton is a tomato can. Stanzi...who knows? (Crennel dumped on the fans by not playing him in the last game of the '11 season.)

3. Moeaki, in '10, showed why he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl level player. Moeaki, in '11, showed why he is a roster liability. The guy is a viscious blocker, can separate from defenders and can make the circus catch. He's also a medical tragedy that might never see a full season in his career. Pope is a standup guy, but he struggles in all aspects of the game at the NFL level. A solid, reliable addition at the position is sorely needed. The Chiefs had to sign 35 year old Anthony Becht to fill the gap because there was nothing on the roster.

4. Casey Wiegmann had yet another very good season. He should be a first ballot Ring of Fame inductee for the team. And, unlike 2010, in 2011 he finished really strong. One of his best seasons ever and I feel he got jobbed in Pro Bowl votes - yet again. His longevity and production in a young man's game is nothing short of remarkable. However, he's pushing 40 and he contemplated retirement last year. A replacement needs to be found immediately. I'd love to see a "Player-coach" deal for Casey here actually for next season contingent on signing/drafting his replacement.

5. Much like the tight end position, there is nothing behind Berry and Lewis. And when an injury to either happens, the defense is screwed. McGraw is much better than what he gets around here in terms of criticism, but he's slow as hell and heading into the twilight years of his career. Piscatelli was the defensive version of Becht. A really solid backup is needed. (And the safety position is a short lifespan position anyway - the spot is an injury waiting to happen type of thing.)

Chiefnj2
01-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Needs, in order of importance (presuming Bowe and Carr are extended):
1st tier
1. QB.

2nd tier
2. RT
3. NT
4. G/C (free agent class of guards is decent).

3rd tier
5. TE
6. S
7. HB
8. LB

DaKCMan AP
01-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Needs, in order of importance (presuming Bowe and Carr are extended):
1st tier
1. QB.

2nd tier
2. RT
3. NT
4. G/C (free agent class of guards is decent).

3rd tier
5. TE
6. S
7. HB
8. LB

jd1020
01-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Close.

1. RT
2. QB
3. TE
4. C
5. S

1. Richardson is worse than Cassel/Orton. By a long shot. Right offensive tackle is the biggest hole on the roster.

2. That being said, the most visable position on the roster, quarterback, is being manned by mediocrity at best. Cassel tries hard, but he doesn't inspire the team or the fans through his overly conservative, "make sure I don't **** this up" style of play. Orton is a tomato can. Stanzi...who knows? (Crennel dumped on the fans by not playing him in the last game of the '11 season.)

3. Moeaki, in '10, showed why he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl level player. Moeaki, in '11, showed why he is a roster liability. The guy is a viscious blocker, can separate from defenders and can make the circus catch. He's also a medical tragedy that might never see a full season in his career. Pope is a standup guy, but he struggles in all aspects of the game at the NFL level. A solid, reliable addition at the position is sorely needed. The Chiefs had to sign 35 year old Anthony Becht to fill the gap because there was nothing on the roster.

4. Casey Wiegmann had yet another very good season. He should be a first ballot Ring of Fame inductee for the team. And, unlike 2010, in 2011 he finished really strong. One of his best seasons ever and I feel he got jobbed in Pro Bowl votes - yet again. His longevity and production in a young man's game is nothing short of remarkable. However, he's pushing 40 and he contemplated retirement last year. A replacement needs to be found immediately. I'd love to see a "Player-coach" deal for Casey here actually for next season contingent on signing/drafting his replacement.

5. Much like the tight end position, there is nothing behind Berry and Lewis. And when an injury to either happens, the defense is screwed. McGraw is much better than what he gets around here in terms of criticism, but he's slow as hell and heading into the twilight years of his career. Piscatelli was the defensive version of Becht. A really solid backup is needed. (And the safety position is a short lifespan position anyway - the spot is an injury waiting to happen type of thing.)

So you think this team doesn't need a NT? Stupid.

jd1020
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM
***UPDATED January 25th***

I wouldn't mind that draft, but I would hate to have 2 5'9ish starting corners.

O.city
01-27-2012, 10:43 AM
If we resign Carr and change that draft spot from a Cb to say another OL or BPA it would be a great draft.

O.city
01-27-2012, 10:52 AM
If and its a big if, Peyton gets healthy and hits the FA market and actually comes to KC, this would be a solid draft.

If you could get a healthy PM, give him Charles and Richardson in the backfield, Bowe, breaston, baldwin, mo and Mc as more weapons it could be a nasty offense.

Say we went with Manning, this draft would make our offense very very dynamic.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
RUSSLANDERussell Lande

@evansilva - I, along with NFL scouts I spoke with, have concerns that Riley Reiff does not use hands aggressively & gets beat too often.

Saccopoo
01-28-2012, 01:25 AM
So you think this team doesn't need a NT? Stupid.

This team has three nose tackles with Kelly Gregg, Amon Gordon and Jerrell Powe. (And Powe was a guy that the vast majority of people around here would have been happy to pick up in the third round in last years draft.)

But please, let's continue to keep drafting guys for that position because we need four nose tackles or more to really get this team to that next level.

BossChief
01-28-2012, 01:42 AM
RUSSLANDERussell Lande

@evansilva - I, along with NFL scouts I spoke with, have concerns that Riley Reiff does not use hands aggressively & gets beat too often.
Through this process, teams are gonna find out he is a similar quality level of player as Bulaga, but that Bulaga was a tad better.

Reiff will be one of the top 5 right tackles in the NFL, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a standout left tackle...maybe average.

I think he has a better chance at going between 18-23 than he does to go top ten.
This team has three nose tackles with Kelly Gregg, Amon Gordon and Jerrell Powe. (And Powe was a guy that the vast
majority of people around here would have been happy to pick up in the third round in last years draft.)

But please, let's continue to keep drafting guys for that position because we need four nose tackles or more to really get this team to that next level.I think we will draft a kid like Poe if he is there in the second.

Gregg is like 49 years old and Powe is still a question mark that was inactive for all but one game last year. That is for a team with the best DL guy in the business calling the shots. I wouldn't think for one second that we can't upgrade at NT significantly with a medium quality investment.

jd1020
01-28-2012, 08:56 AM
This team has three nose tackles with Kelly Gregg, Amon Gordon and Jerrell Powe. (And Powe was a guy that the vast majority of people around here would have been happy to pick up in the third round in last years draft.)

But please, let's continue to keep drafting guys for that position because we need four nose tackles or more to really get this team to that next level.

My bad. I forgot Kelly Gregg was still a Chief and that Powe wasn't a 6th round pick who was barely active and mostly got physically dominated when he did play. Whooooooooooooooooooooops.

Chris Meck
01-28-2012, 10:51 AM
The more I think about it, and the more I come to terms with the fact that we're not going to have a shot at a franchise type QB, the more Richardson makes the best sense in round 1 if he's still there (and I'm not sure he is.)
If every single offensive play in '12 a defense is staring at either Richardson or Charles across from them, then at least play-action should be open for Mediocre Matt.

Saccopoo
01-28-2012, 01:02 PM
My bad. I forgot Kelly Gregg was still a Chief and that Powe wasn't a 6th round pick who was barely active and mostly got physically dominated when he did play. Whooooooooooooooooooooops.

So you are wanting to throw a second rounder at a guy like Poe who has completely underachieved his entire career in a mid-major conference?

Sounds great.

Or are you one of those guys who looks at a guys height/weight and says "Gee, he's prototype! Let's draft him. I've never seen him play, but he sure sounds big. Second round big in fact."

And I'd like to hear about your observations about Powe getting physically dominated during actual games. Is this going to be like Ricky Stanzi's on the field performances?

I mean, everyone was so willing to give Glenn Dorsey and Brandon Albert as much time as they needed to "grow into the position," but everyone else doesn't seem to be afforded that level of patience. (And both are mediocre at best after four full years of starting for the team.) Kinda funny.

the Talking Can
01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I mean, everyone was so willing to give Glenn Dorsey and Brandon Albert as much time as they needed to "grow into the position," but everyone else doesn't seem to be afforded that level of patience. (And both are mediocre at best after four full years of starting for the team.) Kinda funny.

you are so fucking stupid it boggles the mind...i mean flat out fucking retarded

L.A. Chieffan
01-28-2012, 02:05 PM
1. RT
2. C
3. RG
4. NT
5. RT

Ebolapox
01-28-2012, 02:14 PM
you are so ****ing stupid it boggles the mind...i mean flat out ****ing retarded

bro hug!

Saccopoo
01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
you are so ****ing stupid it boggles the mind...i mean flat out ****ing retarded

That's a fantastic retort. I love your objective analysis on the issue.

Captain of the high school debate team I bet.

Keep it up. You bring a lot to the discussion.

jd1020
01-28-2012, 07:22 PM
So you are wanting to throw a second rounder at a guy like Poe who has completely underachieved his entire career in a mid-major conference?

I don't believe I ever said that specifically.

Personally I would go after Poe in the draft, but you didn't even acknowledge NT as a need. Which is completely Saccoshit retarded. Your reasoning for not needing a NT is because we already have 3. When in reality we only have 1 signed for the 2012 season... and that 1 wasn't even active this season until McGraw went down with an injury.

I don't give a shit where people on the forum thought Powe would be drafted, or where they would have drafted him. I give a shit about how he played for the Chiefs. And he hardly played at all. He was barely active. He's not asked to QB an offense. He's asked to plug the holes. In the couple of plays he had all I saw was him get pushed off the line like he was giving up 80lbs and on roller skates. There's likely a reason he was drafted in the 6th. That reason is probably that NFL scouts know more about football than CP and Powe isn't that good.

aturnis
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't believe I ever said that specifically.

Personally I would go after Poe in the draft, but you didn't even acknowledge NT as a need. Which is completely Saccoshit retarded. Your reasoning for not needing a NT is because we already have 3. When in reality we only have 1 signed for the 2012 season... and that 1 wasn't even active this season until McGraw went down with an injury.

I don't give a shit where people on the forum thought Powe would be drafted, or where they would have drafted him. I give a shit about how he played for the Chiefs. And he hardly played at all. He was barely active. He's not asked to QB an offense. He's asked to plug the holes. In the couple of plays he had all I saw was him get pushed off the line like he was giving up 80lbs and on roller skates. There's likely a reason he was drafted in the 6th. That reason is probably that NFL scouts know more about football than CP and Powe isn't that good.

In all actuality, Powe was bested twice, got the best of his opponent impressively twice and the other plays were pretty forgettable, which leads me to believe he did his job.

whoman69
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Plus Gordon is 30 now. I don't think Gregg will be retained. I would put NT at a very high team need. There are going to be more options than Poe out there.

RealSNR
01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Let's ask for a "do-over" and trade McCluster to the Ravens for Terrence Cody. Think they'd be lenient? I know a lot of chess players who are okay with takesy backsies if the other player does something really stupid.

Saccopoo
01-29-2012, 02:40 AM
There's likely a reason he was drafted in the 6th. That reason is probably that NFL scouts know more about football than CP and Powe isn't that good.

So says Matt Hasselbeck and Tom Brady.

Nice argument though.

Keep trying.

jd1020
01-29-2012, 06:17 AM
So says Matt Hasselbeck and Tom Brady.

Nice argument though.

Keep trying.

So you pick out 2 people out of the how many other 6 rounders who havent amounted to shit? Keep clinging to those odds, idiot.

Saccopoo
01-29-2012, 11:47 AM
So you pick out 2 people out of the how many other 6 rounders who havent amounted to shit? Keep clinging to those odds, idiot.

My point is that you can find guys who end up studs drafted in every round as well as undrafted free agency.

You are summarily dismissing a players potential simply based on what round he was selected in the draft.

Now who's the idiot again?

RealSNR
01-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Isn't it usually the case that rookies usually aren't that adept at playing NT? It takes a couple years for them to eat enough pot roasts or something?

I mean, my memory might be bad, but I don't remember any "splashes" that were made at that position when certain guys entered the league. Maybe Vince Wilfork? Didn't he take a bit of time to settle into that role? I guess Ngata would be the closest thing to an immediate success (even though he's primarily a DE).

My point is we can try and try again to find elite talent at NT, but it's probably going to be the case that we will end up finding a pretty good player for the position who doesn't immediately solidify the starting spot. That is, unless a Raji or a Wilfork falls to us in the draft, I don't see us finding that elite guy that our line really needs.

RealSNR
01-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Actually, I take that back completely. Ngata and Wilfork both did very well in their rookie seasons. Ngata started all 16 games, and Wilfork had a bunch of deflected passes and 3 sacks all while sharing time with Keith Traylor. Oh, and Wilfork also started at NT in the Super Bowl.

Hampton was injured a bunch in his rookie season but settled in during the 2002 season. Raji took a bit of time to gel, I guess.

What do those four guys have in common, though? All 1st round picks.

Unless anybody thinks Poe is a legitimate first round pick, I'd rather stick with the lineup of free agents and Jerrel Powes until the right player comes along. But that has more to do with my morbid fear as a Chiefs fan of drafting defensive linemen in the first round.

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Actually, I take that back completely. Ngata and Wilfork both did very well in their rookie seasons. Ngata started all 16 games, and Wilfork had a bunch of deflected passes and 3 sacks all while sharing time with Keith Traylor. Oh, and Wilfork also started at NT in the Super Bowl.

Hampton was injured a bunch in his rookie season but settled in during the 2002 season. Raji took a bit of time to gel, I guess.

What do those four guys have in common, though? All 1st round picks.

Unless anybody thinks Poe is a legitimate first round pick, I'd rather stick with the lineup of free agents and Jerrel Powes until the right player comes along. But that has more to do with my morbid fear as a Chiefs fan of drafting defensive linemen in the first round.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Ngate played 3-4 DE next to Gregg for some time. So yeah, I think most NTs take time. That being said, I'd rather not wait around for him to be ready. If Powe ends up very good and we have another very good NT that we draft, that's a good problem to have.

I'd be perfectly happy with getting Solilai, keeping Powe around, and yes, bring in another late rounder to compete with Powe. Why not.

jd1020
01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
My point is that you can find guys who end up studs drafted in every round as well as undrafted free agency.

You are summarily dismissing a players potential simply based on what round he was selected in the draft.

Now who's the idiot again?

No. I'm dismissing a 6th round pick who couldnt even make the active roster. Keep trying to argue that we dont need a NT because I'm getting a good laugh over here.

Bewbies
01-29-2012, 01:52 PM
In KC we draft supporting role players with our high picks and leave the most important positions to be picked late or signed as free agents. A center at 11 is great, as is a QB and NT with our 6th and 7th rounders!!

htismaqe
01-30-2012, 09:17 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I think Ngate played 3-4 DE next to Gregg for some time. So yeah, I think most NTs take time. That being said, I'd rather not wait around for him to be ready. If Powe ends up very good and we have another very good NT that we draft, that's a good problem to have.

I'd be perfectly happy with getting Solilai, keeping Powe around, and yes, bring in another late rounder to compete with Powe. Why not.

BJ Raji played DE in the beginning as well.

The Franchise
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
***UPDATED FEB 1st***

For Chief fans who want a tackle or something else over Richardson, let me remind you of Arizona's 2007 NFL Draft. The Cardinals had a very slight need at running back (as much as Kansas City needs one), and Adrian Peterson was on the board at No. 5. They instead opted to take an inferior talent who filled a much bigger need. Five years later, I'm sure Arizona would rather have Peterson over Levi Brown.

Richardson is the best running back prospect since Peterson. Taking him here is the right move because you don't choose a Levi Brown over an Adrian Peterson.

The Franchise
02-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd rather see....

44. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
75. Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
107. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

ToxSocks
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
***UPDATED FEB 1st***

For Chief fans who want a tackle or something else over Richardson, let me remind you of Arizona's 2007 NFL Draft. The Cardinals had a very slight need at running back (as much as Kansas City needs one), and Adrian Peterson was on the board at No. 5. They instead opted to take an inferior talent who filled a much bigger need. Five years later, I'm sure Arizona would rather have Peterson over Levi Brown.

Richardson is the best running back prospect since Peterson. Taking him here is the right move because you don't choose a Levi Brown over an Adrian Peterson.

I dont know dick about Sanders and I refuse to acknowledge drafting any CB's until we know the status of Carr. But that's a nice argument for drafting Richardson though.

ToxSocks
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd rather see....

44. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
75. Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
107. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

Think Foles will go in the 2nd, eh?

Chiefnj2
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
By all accounts Sanders had a really bad week in Mobile.

O.city
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd rather take Massie to play RT.

The Franchise
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Think Foles will go in the 2nd, eh?

According to that draft....he does.

O.city
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Richardson, Poe, Massie, Egnew

jd1020
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Not really an update. He didn't change anything Chiefs related.

gonefishin53
02-01-2012, 11:45 PM
OT Mitchell Schwartz in the 4th instead of OT Zebrie Sanders in the 2nd. DT Alameda Ta'amu in the 2nd instead of Sanders.

Sfeihc
02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm warming up to Schwartz. One thing is for sure, there is a OT somewhere in this draft that fits the "right 53". I'm all for taking DeCastro if TR is gone. Plus, the blowback of taking a G @ 11 or 12 would be fun to watch. If one of those two fall to KC **** the trade down scenario.

DeCastro, Poe or Ta'amu , Pead, Schwartz

The Bad Guy
02-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks taking a RB at 11 is atroucious value?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Atrocious? Not when Cassel is your QB. What the hell is Cassel going to do with a 1st rnd WR...throw him the ball? HA...don't be silly!

jd1020
02-02-2012, 09:12 AM

Did you miss the "Who would you draft?" threads in the lounge?

If CP had its way we'd draft Richardson in the 1st and Nate Potter in the second. I could live with the Richardson pick, but fucking Potter in the second? The guy had a consensus 3rd round grade and some people have dropped him. Now, in CP's defense, the moron who gave the options left players out because they "weren't good value" and gave you choices of another RB and people that weren't in the draft at all.

Chiefnj2
02-02-2012, 09:35 AM
The Chiefs are going to have to pickup some offensive linemen in free agency. No sane OC is going to go with Hudson (essentially 1st year starting) a rookie RT and rookie G.

Molitoth
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM

This is a good argument, although I still don't know if taking more carries away from Charles is a good idea.

Sofa King
02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't know if i trust an OT named Zombie Sanders.

ToxSocks
02-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I was just looking over the list of potential F/A guards, and it's a good one. If the Chiefs manage to snag a decent Guard in F/A, it changes a lot as far as this draft is concerned.

O.city
02-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Ben Grubbs would be a solid upgrade.

gonefishin53
02-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I think player agents are going to be warning their clients about the disfunctional front office situation in KC, making it difficult for the Chiefs to sign quality free agents. Unless the Chiefs are willing to overpay for average free agents.

The Franchise
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Charlie Campbell's 4 Round Mock Draft - Updated 02/02/12

11. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
The Chiefs would have a tough decision to make between Reiff and Trent Richardson, but they already have some quality running backs on the roster. There should be some good running backs available to Kansas City in the second round, but there won't be a left tackle close to Reiff's caliber.

Reiff was a solid left tackle for the Hawkeyes. At 6-foot-6, 300 pounds, he has the frame to add some more power. Reiff is a technician who was well-coached at Iowa. The junior looks like he has the ability to switch to right tackle, and possibly guard, if needed, but would have to put on some weight for either of those positions. Reiff's natural position is left tackle, and he should turn into a quality left tackle in the NFL.

Reiff had a very good game against Pittsburgh defensive end Brandon Lindsey. The rest of Reiff's schedule was very manageable. He had no issues with Michigan's defenders and played well against Nebraska. Reiff didn't allow a sack to Oklahoma's Frank Alexander in the Bowl game, but did surrender a sack to R.J. Washington on a bull rush.

75. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel will turn 30 just after the 2012 NFL Draft. Kansas City could groom this new quarterback for a year or two behind Cassel.

Osweiler is big-armed pocket passer who has surprising mobility. The former basketball player has good athletic ability for being so tall. Looking at him, one would think he would be a statue in the pocket, but that is definitely not the case as he is a good scrambler. As a junior this year, Osweiler completed 63 percent of his passes for 4,036 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He also ran for 298 yards and three touchdowns. Osweiler set the school record for yards, completions and attempts. In 2010, Osweiler had only two starts, but he played well, throwing for 797 yards and five touchdowns with zero interceptions, while also running for 168 yards and a score.

Osweiler has real arm strength and the gun to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. However, he is very raw and needs some work. If Osweiler goes to a good coaching staff that can develop him for a few years, he could turn into something. It wouldn't be surprising if Osweiler's stock rises during the lead up to the draft. He should have stayed in school and improved before going pro.

108. Gerell Robinson, WR, Arizona State

Robinson could be a boom-or-bust pick in the mid-rounds. He is tall, and has some straight-line speed, but was a one-year wonder. Robinson ended his career well by torching Boise State's secondary to the tune of 13 receptions for 241 yards and one touchdown. He didn't have much production entering this season, but Robinson came on strong late in the year for Arizona State. In the final five games, the 6-foot-4, 222-pounder recorded 785 receiving yards. In 2011, the senior totaled 77 receptions for 1,397 yards and seven touchdowns. Robinson had a quality week at the Senior Bowl.

Frosty
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
The Chiefs would have a tough decision to make between Reiff and Trent Richardson, but they already have some quality running backs on the roster.

Name two.

The Franchise
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I would rather trade down and grab Mike Adams, Konz or DeCastro.

The Franchise
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Honestly......if it fell like that.....I'd rather go.

Trade down from 11. to 17. with the Bengals for their 1st and 3rd round picks.

17. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
44. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
75. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
84. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

ChiefsCountry
02-02-2012, 03:59 PM
This is a good argument, although I still don't know if taking more carries away from Charles is a good idea.

You really wouldn't be taking carries away from Charles though. Look at the 2010 stats. You would be replaceing Thomas Jones carries with Trent Richardson.

Urc Burry
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Where has Ryan Broyles been mocked? He is intriguing to me after round 3.

RealSNR
02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
For Chief fans who want a tackle or something else over Richardson, let me remind you of Arizona's 2007 NFL Draft...HOW ABOUT CHIEFS FANS WHO WANT A FUCKING QB YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE

The Franchise
02-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Quit quoting me......you assholes. :D

gonefishin53
02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Trent Richardson is an every down RB who would be under-utilized if he were splitting time with Charles, who is getting paid like an every down RB. If the Chiefs want someone to reduce Charles' workload by 25%, go for a 5-6 round pick (Ballard or Baker) or a free agent (Bell or Green-Ellis). Use premium picks for someone who will play every down at a high level at a position that needs improvement.

RealSNR
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Quit quoting me......you assholes. :DSorry. I don't think you're a fucking asshole.

But I still want a QB.

The Franchise
02-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry. I don't think you're a fucking asshole.

But I still want a QB.

I gave you Nick Foles in the 3rd.

RealSNR
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
I gave you Nick Foles in the 3rd.I'd rather you give me AIDS

The Franchise
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I'd rather you give me AIDS

Let me give Hootie a call...

whoman69
02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I gave you Nick Foles in the 3rd.

Nick "Lock On" Foles?

BigCatDaddy
02-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Where has Ryan Broyles been mocked? He is intriguing to me after round 3.

I think I saw him as a 4th round pick in a mock. Obviously he would have been much higher before the ACL tear at the end of the season. He probably needs to be placed on IR next year and then you have a good slot WR on your hands the following year.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I would rather trade down and grab Mike Adams, Konz or DeCastro.

The more I've thought about this, the more I love the Richardson pick.

He's getting touted as the best back since Peterson. He does everything well (unlike Peterson, who struggles out of the backfield and is a generally unwilling blocker).

Let's say he is the next Peterson. Are you really telling me that this league has changed so much that we couldn't win with AP, Jamal Charles and one of the top 10 defenses in football?

Oh hell no it hasn't, we can win and win big with that. And it's not like every available upgrade at RT is going to be gone by our pick in the 2nd - someone will slip. Someone always slips.

If Richardson falls to us at 12, he's a potentially massive impact addition. He makes everything about our offense better. Hell, as terrible as last season went as as frustrating as the entire affair ended - we make the playoffs if we had Richardson last season. There's no way we stall 3 times against the Raiders with a legitimate power back (oh, a legitimate power back with world class speed no less).

Folks - this is our 'moneyball' moment, IMO. Moneyball was all about finding undervalued assets and grabbing them. It wasn't about drawing walks and hitting HRs, but the fact that other teams undervalued that. Right now, other teams are undervaluing the impact of a superstar all-purpose back. If we pass on him so we can keep following the herd, we're just going to keep losing ground on teams that have those star QBs.

No way, if Richardson's there, I've decided we have to take him.

The Franchise
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM

He's getting touted as the best back since Peterson. He does everything well (unlike Peterson, who struggles out of the backfield and is a generally unwilling blocker).

Let's say he is the next Peterson. Are you really telling me that this league has changed so much that we couldn't win with AP, Jamal Charles and one of the top 10 defenses in football?

Oh hell no it hasn't, we can win and win big with that. And it's not like every available upgrade at RT is going to be gone by our pick in the 2nd - someone will slip. Someone always slips.

If Richardson falls to us at 12, he's a potentially massive impact addition. He makes everything about our offense better. Hell, as terrible as last season went as as frustrating as the entire affair ended - we make the playoffs if we had Richardson last season. There's no way we stall 3 times against the Raiders with a legitimate power back (oh, a legitimate power back with world class speed no less).

Folks - this is our 'moneyball' moment, IMO. Moneyball was all about finding undervalued assets and grabbing them. It wasn't about drawing walks and hitting HRs, but the fact that other teams undervalued that. Right now, other teams are undervaluing the impact of a superstar all-purpose back. If we pass on him so we can keep following the herd, we're just going to keep losing ground on teams that have those star QBs.

How would you split up the carries between Richardson and Charles? Would you go 50/50? 60/40 in favor of Charles?

I'm not against having both of them. The offense would at least be fun to watch.

O.city
02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I totally agree with DJ.

For years we cried for BPA in the first. If he is there he is the BPA.

Hell most boards have him as a top 3 or 4 player in the entire draft. I'd take that at 11 overall and run away smiling.

I'd split the carries 50 50, him and Charles. Actually probably 60 40 Richardson early until I knew Charles was back to speed.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2012, 10:37 AM
How would you split up the carries between Richardson and Charles? Would you go 50/50? 60/40 in favor of Charles?

I'm not against having both of them. The offense would at least be fun to watch.

This season - 50/50. Maybe even 55-45 in favor of Richardson. I'll worry about 2013 in 2013.

History has shown us that guys are 'healthy' after a full season, but not really 'recovered' until the season after that. I know we want Jamal back to setting YPC records next season, but it just isn't very likely.

And again, I know the cry is has always been "Charles needs more carries", but Charles gets dinged. Giving him 12-15 carries/gm will leave us far more likely to have a healthy Charles in the playoffs. The goal isn't just to limp into the playoffs, but to be capable of winning once you get there. If giving Charles 240 touches/season instead of 380 touches/season means that he's ready in the playoffs, then that's a pick worth making.

Oh, and there's the unspoken concern - maybe he never comes all the way back.

The Franchise
02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm on board with taking Richardson at 11/12. He's really the only "non-reach" pick now that the top 2 QBs aren't there.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I totally agree with DJ.

For years we cried for BPA in the first. If he is there he is the BPA.

Hell most boards have him as a top 3 or 4 player in the entire draft. I'd take that at 11 overall and run away smiling.

I'd split the carries 50 50, him and Charles. Actually probably 60 40 Richardson early until I knew Charles was back to speed.

That's what's sold me on it - he's the BPA and it's not even close. And like it or not, RB is a position of need on this team, without question. Some people question the degree to which it is a need, but everyone realizes we need to get a RB in this draft.

So if we have a chance to take one of the top 5 players in the draft, a player that's slipped to us all the way down at 12, and said player fits a need on the team - how can we really justify passing on him?

O.city
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
You can get Richardson in the first and the best pure RT prospect in the second in Bobbie Massie. Resign Orton or Campbell as a free agent deal to "compete" with Cassel.

Hell I wouldn't be pissed if they signed Vince young to compete.

In the hypothetical situation we could have an offense of

Richardson, Charles, Dex, Baldwin, Bowe, Breaston , Moeaki and some more depth at TE.

With the right qb taht could be a pretty nasty combination. Hell with a competent qb, I'm not sure Urbhan couldn't contribute a little.

O.city
02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
If we had this draft.

Round 1.
At 11 overall, Richardson falls to us and we take him. Best RB prospect to come out in years.

Round 2.
Dontari Poe, falls out of the first round right to us here.

Round 3
Bobbie Massie. Got a RT, who is a monster and played RT in college.

Round 4
Joe Adams. Some speed at wr

Round 5
George Iloka. Safety Depth

Round 6
. Michael Egnew. We get some TE depth.

Round 7
Chris Galippo. Some special teams help and lb depth.

And acquired Orton and Ben Grubbs in free agency, I think we could compete for a SB appearance next year.

Flame me if you want.

ToxSocks
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
If we had this draft.

Round 1.
At 11 overall, Richardson falls to us and we take him. Best RB prospect to come out in years.

Round 2.
Dontari Poe, falls out of the first round right to us here.

Round 3
Bobbie Massie. Got a RT, who is a monster and played RT in college.

Round 4
Joe Adams. Some speed at wr

Round 5
George Iloka. Safety Depth

Round 6
. Michael Egnew. We get some TE depth.

Round 7
Chris Galippo. Some special teams help and lb depth.

And acquired Orton and Ben Grubbs in free agency, I think we could compete for a SB appearance next year.

Flame me if you want.

I'd want to see a bit more action in F/A, but yeah, I'd buy that. Though I'd much rather Orton than Campbell, and I think Orton has a legit shot at beating out Cassel while Campbell wouldn't.

O.city
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
We need to be active in free agency in regards ot bringing in some solid depth. We don't really need stars.

I'd love to bring in Soliai to play NT but if he wants to much can't do that.

I want Orton as well.

Call me crazy but I think Orton, with the talent we could have on offense here next year, could be an Eli manning type qb.

ToxSocks
02-03-2012, 11:34 AM
We need to be active in free agency in regards ot bringing in some solid depth. We don't really need stars.

I'd love to bring in Soliai to play NT but if he wants to much can't do that.

I want Orton as well.

Call me crazy but I think Orton, with the talent we could have on offense here next year, could be an Eli manning type qb.

I think Orton would be effective with a strong running game. In the three game he played, the Chiefs seemed to really take advantage of the play action pass, and I thought Orton sold the play action well, far better than I've ever seen Cassel run it. Cassel does not sell the P/A well at all.

So coupling Orton with a legit RB tandem of Charles & Richardson, along with a shiny new RT & C, will go along way in getting more offensive production.

And of course, it'd be nice to see Baldwin develop as well. He had a disappointing season, and I'm not even talking about the hand incident.

O.city
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM
A rookie wr who didn't have a training camp and missed half the season. I have high hopes for Baldwin.

I'm not too worried at this point.

Urc Burry
02-03-2012, 12:23 PM
A rookie wr who didn't have a training camp and missed half the season. I have high hopes for Baldwin.

I'm not too worried at this point.

Yeah, and Baldwin was kind of a project as far as his route running and ability to separate go.

Chris Meck
02-03-2012, 01:27 PM

I think 50/50 means both can play for a long time. They're also SOOO different that it's a real nightmare for defenses.

I'm on board with the Richardson at 11 or 12 just because I don't think there's another player that will be available that can be as big of a difference maker. I mean, he would really change the complexion of the offense.

You can do things with both of them in the backfield, shifting and splitting Charles into the slot...I mean, there's a lot of things you can do with two elite backs-especially if you're not going to have a franchise QB available-and we won't.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I think 50/50 means both can play for a long time. They're also SOOO different that it's a real nightmare for defenses.

I'm on board with the Richardson at 11 or 12 just because I don't think there's another player that will be available that can be as big of a difference maker. I mean, he would really change the complexion of the offense.

You can do things with both of them in the backfield, shifting and splitting Charles into the slot...I mean, there's a lot of things you can do with two elite backs-especially if you're not going to have a franchise QB available-and we won't.

That's an interesting point - Charles can catch. Remember his rookie year (I think)? He made something like a 50 yard catch downfield where he laid out for the ball and snagged in on a go route. The guy has good hands.

Can you imagine a twin-back set where we split Charles out? Or even a single-back set with him in the slot where we motion him towards the quarterback at the snap?

Suddenly we can make Charles that much more effective without having to 'burn' a touch on him. Plays where he's just moving out into the slot become plays where we've put him to great use without wearing on him.

It would be like what all the ball-washers claimed McCluster would be, y'know, if McCluster didn't suck ass.

O.city
02-03-2012, 01:36 PM
The thing is DJ, with Richardson and Charles I think Dex has a role in there somewhere.

I think an effective qb makes Dex a pretty good weapon.

Richardson is an aboslute monster. You could put all three on the field at the same time move two around or to the slot and just go run oneback with Richardson.

It's actually really scary what this offense has the ability to be.

aturnis
02-03-2012, 04:23 PM

This. Exactly this. RB isn't a blockbuster position like it used to be, but in recent years, it's become WAY undervalued. The same thing has happened to defense since the rule changes in the passing game.

Fact is, it is much easier for this team to build a great defense with a great running game than it will be for them to find a franchise QB. Still though, we certainly hope for one, and soon.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2012, 04:23 PM
The thing is DJ, with Richardson and Charles I think Dex has a role in there somewhere.

Richardson is an aboslute monster. You could put all three on the field at the same time move two around or to the slot and just go run oneback with Richardson.

We'll have to disagree.

McCluster doesn't have the size or balance to be a dangerous weapon in this league. Half the time he tries to make that jump cut, he falls. Anytime he tries to spin, he goes down. Just a small thwack across his legs brings him down.

If you took the balance of Jamaal Charles and put it in Dexter's body, you'd still have a very dangerous player on your hands (and pretty much what we hoped we'd get). Instead all we have is the balance of Jackie Battle with more quickness, more straight line speed and less size.

In essence, Dexter is a bad combination of attributes. Give him more size or more balance and we'd have a decent player on our hands. But being a small player with bad balance doesn't allow him to take advantage of his quickness.

whoman69
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM

I agree with this. Often Cassel got him the ball where he couldn't do anything with it because the defense expected the check down.

O.city
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I think he is a guy that if allowed to get in space he could outrun some guys but it's gonna take an offensive guy with some smarts to get him in those spots 2 or 3 times per game.

I think defenses key on him as they feel he's a threat. I think we could have some good sets using him as a decoy or on little short passes in the flats where we clear everything out and get him on a linebacker.

aturnis
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I agree with this. Often Cassel got him the ball where he couldn't do anything with it because the defense expected the check down.

Not only that, but the ball was rarely ever put in a spot where he could make a catch without either slowing up, or changing direction to get it. Too often the pass was too late, AND he had to turn slightly up field to get it, closing the already small gap between him and the LB even more.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I think he is a guy that if allowed to get in space he could outrun some guys but it's gonna take an offensive guy with some smarts to get him in those spots 2 or 3 times per game.

I think defenses key on him as they feel he's a threat. I think we could have some good sets using him as a decoy or on little short passes in the flats where we clear everything out and get him on a linebacker.

But he's not a burner, either. Remember - he had plenty of space on that play in the Raiders game and got run down from behind.

He's like a bunch of guys out there - he has above average speed and what I would call an elite 1st step. But he doesn't have the balance to utilize the step and the speed on its own isn't so great that it's enough to make him a premier weapon.

He's a smaller Steve Breaston without the hands.

O.city
02-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I just think he could be somewhat effective in an Al Saunders offense. I don't think he's ever going to be a Darren Sproles. But he can bring something.

He is essentially a hood ornament on our car like some said.

Anyway I really really like Joe Adams as a return/slot guy in the fourth round. I think he has Desean Jackson type skills.

ToxSocks
02-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I just think he could be somewhat effective in an Al Saunders offense. I don't think he's ever going to be a Darren Sproles. But he can bring something.

He is essentially a hood ornament on our car like some said.

Anyway I really really like Joe Adams as a return/slot guy in the fourth round. I think he has Desean Jackson type skills.

I dont think Adams will last till the 4th. That's a prospect who'll likely continue to climb up draft boards. Potential 2nd-rd rnder, but I'd be all over it if we could.

Chris Meck
02-03-2012, 07:08 PM
This. Exactly this. RB isn't a blockbuster position like it used to be, but in recent years, it's become WAY undervalued. The same thing has happened to defense since the rule changes in the passing game.

Just a couple of years ago, the TE position was on it's way out too, because all of the good offenses were going to 4 and five wide sets. Go tell that to the Patriots, (who were one of those 4 and 5 wide teams) Saints, or Packers.

Maybe this is a way in which we could finally INNOVATE rather than IMITATE; by having a nightmare of matchups from the backfield that are multi-skilled enough to use them in tandem in both the running and passing games.

Couldn't hurt, since we're not likely to have a killer QB anytime soon.

aturnis
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I dont think Adams will last till the 4th. That's a prospect who'll likely continue to climb up draft boards. Potential 2nd-rd rnder, but I'd be all over it if we could.

I agree. He could have a Victor Cruz like impact. He was impressive.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Just a couple of years ago, the TE position was on it's way out too, because all of the good offenses were going to 4 and five wide sets. Go tell that to the Patriots, (who were one of those 4 and 5 wide teams) Saints, or Packers.

Maybe this is a way in which we could finally INNOVATE rather than IMITATE; by having a nightmare of matchups from the backfield that are multi-skilled enough to use them in tandem in both the running and passing games.

Yeah - I just watched Scott Pioli hire yet another !@#$ Patriot reject.

There will be no innovation in this organization. Not with this assclown in charge.

We're drafting a tackle - period. Afterall, Pioli's job is clearly to do whatever is necessary to make Matt Cassel look like a mediocre NFL quarterback. Winning games is secondary.

O.city
02-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah - I just watched Scott Pioli hire yet another !@#$ Patriot reject.

There will be no innovation in this organization. Not with this assclown in charge.

We're drafting a tackle - period. Afterall, Pioli's job is clearly to do whatever is necessary to make Matt Cassel look like a mediocre NFL quarterback. Winning games is secondary.

Probably this. Although I could see him taking Richardson as the ultimate protection for Cassel.

Hell with a healthy Charles and Richardson, Cassel would only have to throw it 10 or 12 times a game.

whoman69
02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Probably this. Although I could see him taking Richardson as the ultimate protection for Cassel.

Hell with a healthy Charles and Richardson, Cassel would only have to throw it 10 or 12 times a game.

Does he get a blanket and a binkey?

O.city
02-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah probably whoman.

jd1020
02-04-2012, 05:51 PM

I could live with that, but wtf with the #4? You can barely find that guy on anyone's radar. The highest projection I've seen is a on the bubble 5th round pick.

Unless I missed them, since I was flying through his picks looking for their team logo, he still hasn't mocked George Iloka or Aaron Henry or, if you wanted to stick with the WR pick, he still has Brian Quick on the board.

O.city
02-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I could actually live with that draft, save for the fourth rounder like jd said.

There is much better picks available than that guy.

whoman69
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I could live with that, but wtf with the #4? You can barely find that guy on anyone's radar. The highest projection I've seen is a on the bubble 5th round pick.

Unless I missed them, since I was flying through his picks looking for their team logo, he still hasn't mocked George Iloka or Aaron Henry or, if you wanted to stick with the WR pick, he still has Brian Quick on the board.

Seems pretty heavy on the offensive side. Instead of wide receiver we need another TE. I'd say our team needs should include a NT. I don't think Gregg signs and Gordon is also an FA. Powe doesn't seem ready to depend on yet.

jd1020
02-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Seems pretty heavy on the offensive side. Instead of wide receiver we need another TE. I'd say our team needs should include a NT. I don't think Gregg signs and Gordon is also an FA. Powe doesn't seem ready to depend on yet.

I agree its pretty offensive heavy, but other than NT on D we really only need depth. So I couldn't argue with those first 3 picks. That 4th pick on the other hand just seems like a :facepalm:

If you wanted a NT in the 4th Fangupo would be my pick.

milkman
02-05-2012, 08:30 AM

The thing is, there are no longer any innovations.

Everything new is just a concept that was used years ago by an innovator back in the day.

The fact remains, however, that good defense (relatively speaking) and a power running game are still effective even in today's game with the rules slanted for the passing game.

The Steelers won thier two SBs this decade with that formula.

I've been on the Trent Richardson bandwagon for some time now, because I still believe that teams that can wear down defenses with the running game, that can dominate the LOS, are the teams that have the best chance to be dynastic.

That doesn't change the fact that you need a franchise QB.
You still also need a upper tier defense.

Every great team through the years have had those three elements, with only one exception.

The fucking Patriots.

whoman69
02-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Reason for that is the rules are so slanted to the offenses that teams figure they can outscore other teams if they have that franchise QB. Teams like the Packers and Patriots took a lot of chances because they have that franchise guy. There are only so many franchise QBs out there. If you don't have one, you better build a game changing defense. I think the Pats picked up their game defensively in the playoffs. They saw what happened to the Pack and the Saints. They're going to have trouble playing Edelman at nickle. Throughout the year the Giants weren't much better defensively. They would have some games where they looked great and others where they were torn apart. They're finally healthy and are playing more consistently. The Giants were 27th in defense this year. One of these teams is going to be the first to win a SB with a defense ranked worse than 25th in history.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2012, 04:15 PM
If we got Richardson we would have a team that would have fit Sanchez's strengths perfectly. Play action game would be deadly.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
02-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I think if you can get say Richardson in the first and Massie( who some don't like, but he can come in a play RT from day one), I'd call it a great draft.

The Franchise
02-08-2012, 10:19 AM
***Updated Feb. 8th***

If the Chiefs aren't confident in sixth-round rookie Jerrell Powe's progression, they could opt to select their nose tackle of the future in this spot.

107. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma

Munson
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I could live with that.

Direckshun
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Nice.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Sign Orton and I am okay with this.

whoman69
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
***Updated Feb. 8th***

If the Chiefs aren't confident in sixth-round rookie Jerrell Powe's progression, they could opt to select their nose tackle of the future in this spot.

107. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma

I don't see Ta'amu being available in the 3rd. I also don't like the editorializing on the Gaither move. All indications I've heard is that Gaither couldn't (or wouldn't) play on the right side where he was needed. If we don't resign Carr, a 4th is not going to replace him.

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 10:32 AM

The Chiefs would have a tough decision to make between Reiff and Trent Richardson, but they already have some quality running backs on the roster. There should be some good running backs available to Kansas City in the second round, but there won't be a left tackle close to Reiff's caliber.

Reiff was a solid left tackle for the Hawkeyes. At 6-foot-6, 300 pounds, he has the frame to add some more power. Reiff is a technician who was well-coached at Iowa. The junior looks like he has the ability to switch to right tackle, and possibly guard, if needed, but would have to put on some weight for either of those positions. Reiff's natural position is left tackle, and he should turn into a quality left tackle in the NFL.

Reiff had a very good game against Pittsburgh defensive end Brandon Lindsey. The rest of Reiff's schedule was very manageable. He had no issues with Michigan's defenders and played well against Nebraska. Reiff didn't allow a sack to Oklahoma's Frank Alexander in the Bowl game, but did surrender a sack to R.J. Washington on a bull rush.

Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel will turn 30 just after the 2012 NFL Draft. Kansas City could groom this new quarterback for a year or two behind Cassel.

Osweiler is big-armed pocket passer who has surprising mobility. The former basketball player has good athletic ability for being so tall. Looking at him, one would think he would be a statue in the pocket, but that is definitely not the case as he is a good scrambler. As a junior this year, Osweiler completed 63 percent of his passes for 4,036 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He also ran for 298 yards and three touchdowns. Osweiler set the school record for yards, completions and attempts. In 2010, Osweiler had only two starts, but he played well, throwing for 797 yards and five touchdowns with zero interceptions, while also running for 168 yards and a score.

Osweiler has real arm strength and the gun to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. However, he is very raw and needs some work. If Osweiler goes to a good coaching staff that can develop him for a few years, he could turn into something. It wouldn't be surprising if Osweiler's stock rises during the lead up to the draft. He should have stayed in school and improved before going pro.

Robinson could be a boom-or-bust pick in the mid-rounds. He is tall, and has some straight-line speed, but was a one-year wonder. Robinson ended his career well by torching Boise State's secondary to the tune of 13 receptions for 241 yards and one touchdown. He didn't have much production entering this season, but Robinson came on strong late in the year for Arizona State. In the final five games, the 6-foot-4, 222-pounder recorded 785 receiving yards. In 2011, the senior totaled 77 receptions for 1,397 yards and seven touchdowns. Robinson had a quality week at the Senior Bowl.

Charlie Campbell's 4 Round Mock Draft - Updated 02/09/12

The Chiefs have more dire needs, but the best player available is Richardson. Thomas Jones is at the end of his career, and Jamaal Charles is coming off a serious injury. Running backs slide in the draft, but Richardson is a special talent and is tough to pass on.

In 2011, Richardson had 24 total touchdowns (21 rushing, three receiving) while running for 1,679 yards. He averaged 5.9 yards per carry with 29 receptions for 338 yards and three touchdowns. Richardson has the explosiveness to break off big plays. Against Arkansas this season, he made a difficult catch on a screen pass and took it 61 yards for a touchdown. The 5-foot 11, 224-pounder also had dominant games against Florida, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. In both games against LSU, Richardson fought hard against a good defense and played well. He produced even with the Tigers' talented defense focused on stopping him.

WalterFootball.com caught up with his former teammate, Mark Ingram. He explained that Richardson has become a better student of the game, which yielded serious dividends for him in 2011. With better study habits, Richardson now is a complete back with the ability to run through defenders, run away from them, and beat them with intelligence. In 2010, he ran for 700 yards and six touchdowns after rushing for 751 yards and eight scores as a freshman. Richardson averaged 5.6 yards per carry in his first two seasons.

44. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
The Chiefs could lose Dwayne Bowe in free agency. There are rumors that a lot of teams are going to make a big push to sign him. If Kansas City loses Bowe, the team could use another receiver to go with Jonathan Baldwin.

Randle had a productive 2011 season despite playing in a running offense without a good signal caller. The 6-foot-4, 208-pounder has a quality skill set and some quickness to go along with his size. Randle was shutdown by Alabama in his matchups against their future NFL secondary, and he struggled to get open against them. As a sophomore, in 2010, Randle caught 33 passes for 544 yards and three touchdowns.

108. Senio Kelemete, OT/G, Washington
The Chiefs could use help at tackle. Barry Richardson was a big weakness in 2011 and needs to be replaced.

The 6-foot-4, 301-pound Kelemete was a good blocker for running back Chris Polk the past couple of seasons. Kelemete was a two-year starter at left tackle for the Huskies. He needs to improve his pass blocking. In the NFL, Kelemete may be better off adding weight and moving inside to guard or to right tackle.

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
So going off his assumption that we lose Dwayne Bowe in FA......I would rather see this mock draft.

11. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
108. James Brown, OT, Troy

jd1020
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Charlie Campbell's 4 Round Mock Draft - Updated 02/09/12

44. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

108. Senio Kelemete, OT/G, Washington

Ugh.

I could live with the #1 and #3. But why do we need a 6-3 mid 4.5 guy to "compliment" Baldwin? "Randle was shutdown by Alabama in his matchups against their future NFL secondary, and he struggled to get open against them." Sound like a solid 2nd round pick... And why are we drafting a G in the 4th before getting a tackle?

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Ugh.

I could live with the #1 and #3. But why do we need a 6-3 mid 4.5 guy to "compliment" Baldwin? "Randle was shutdown by Alabama in his matchups against their future NFL secondary, and he struggled to get open against them." Sound like a solid 2nd round pick... And why are we drafting a G in the 4th before getting a tackle?

I believe they're assuming that we would use the 4th round pick as our RT....not a OG.

Nightfyre
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
If Bowe leaves, Kendall Wright may be the best pick at 11, assuming of course we can't move up and grab RG3 or Luck.

whoman69
02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
So going off his assumption that we lose Dwayne Bowe in FA......I would rather see this mock draft.

11. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
108. James Brown, OT, Troy

I'd rather see that scenario as well, though I don't think the Floyd is enough of a Boy Scout for this team after his dui. I still don't see Ta'amu lasting until the third.

ArrowheadMagic
02-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd rather see that scenario as well, though I don't think the Floyd is enough of a Boy Scout for this team after his dui. I still don't see Ta'amu lasting until the third.

DeCastro destroyed Ta'amu. He is Will Shields good. Floyd if we had a better option at #1, if we dont resign Bowe. Richardson if he is there is tempting, but a lot of RB's later. If Floyd was gona be our #2 WR, all over him, just dont see him ever being a #1.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2012, 12:03 AM
DeCastro destroyed Ta'amu. He is Will Shields good. Floyd if we had a better option at #1, if we dont resign Bowe. Richardson if he is there is tempting, but a lot of RB's later. If Floyd was gona be our #2 WR, all over him, just dont see him ever being a #1.

Don't put the kid in HOF consideration yet.