PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley lined his pockets on a rat?

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing I am very late to the party on this little fact but was reading his Wikipedia entry and found this bizarre little nugget:

In 2006, Haley filed a 1.7 million dollar lawsuit against McDonald's after his wife found a dead rat in her salad. The salad was purchased at a Southlake, Texas McDonald's restaurant while Haley was a member of the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff. His wife and their live-in babysitter began to eat before noticing the rat, and were said to have become violently ill afterward. The rat was described as a "juvenile roof rat" that was 6 inches long laying dead on its back with its mouth open. Scott Casterline, a spokesman for the Haley family told the paper. "We were forced to file a lawsuit. It was just too much pain to handle.".[16] "The Haleys filed a lawsuit for $1.7 million in damages, but the case was settled shortly before it went to trial." The case was settled out of court for a confidential sum.[17]

durtyrute
09-20-2011, 08:00 PM
How in the fuck does the Mcdonalds worker not notice a six inch rat in the fucking salad?

Rain Man
09-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Suing as a result of having "too much pain to handle" sets a precedent for a lawsuit against the Chiefs.

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 08:02 PM
How in the **** does the Mcdonalds worker not notice a six inch rat in the ****ing salad?

And given their salads aren't that big how do you start eating and not notice a 6 inch rat in your damn salad?

stonedstooge
09-20-2011, 08:02 PM
How in the **** does the Mcdonalds worker not notice a six inch rat in the ****ing salad?

Thought it was croutons

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Suing as a result of having "too much pain to handle" sets a precedent for a lawsuit against the Chiefs.

Isn't that the truth. At least the football gods gave us a joke of a schedule last year as a kind gesture for the pain.

Okie_Apparition
09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
He distracted her with the rat while he fingered the hostess

TEX
09-20-2011, 08:04 PM
WTF can't I find a rat in my salad???

CoMoChief
09-20-2011, 08:04 PM
i thought this story wasn't true.....this came up in 2009

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
i thought this story wasn't true.....this came up in 2009

I couldn't imagine this slipped the boards attention but too good for me not to bring it back up.

The real question is did Shanahan get royalty cuts on the settlement?

WV
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
He distracted her with the rat while he fingered the hostess

LMAO

Simply Red
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
WTF is a roof rat?

Spott
09-20-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't see why he's upset. McDonalds didn't even charge him extra for the rat.

pkane
09-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I started a thread about this last year. After that I quit making threads. If it is news to me than I just assume it has or will be posted on here by someone else.

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't see why he's upset. McDonalds didn't even charge him extra for the rat.

And not to mention, that rat is probably no where near the worst thing his wife has put in her mouth.

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
I started a thread about this last year. After that I quit making threads. If it is news to me than I just assume it has or will be posted on here by someone else.

No worries.....you have to figure even if the topic has come up before, if it is new to you then it is probably new to about half the board. Just like good classic jokes, some stuff deserves to be repeated and often.

Spott
09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
And not to mention, that rat is probably no where near the worst thing his wife has put in her mouth.

And probably not the longest, either.

gblowfish
09-20-2011, 08:18 PM
That's a really old story from when the Haley family lived in Dallas. It was his wife who got the McRat Salad.

Although it looks like the Micky D's in KC is much more appetizing if you look at Haley's waistline lately. Looks like he's been poundin the McGriddles on the way to work every AM. Even his pink velour hoodie can't hide the love handles.

Psyko Tek
09-20-2011, 08:21 PM
That's a really old story from when the Haley family lived in Dallas. It was his wife who got the McRat Salad.

Although it looks like the Micky D's in KC is much more appetizing if you look at Haley's waistline lately. Looks like he's been poundin the McGriddles on the way to work every AM. Even his pink velour hoodie can't hide the love handles.
I would be pounding the guiness with what has happened to this team

memyselfI
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
heh, he's not into cannibalism?

WhiteWhale
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Here's the photo of the rodent in question:

http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e14//170821.28.jpg

NaptownChief
09-20-2011, 08:41 PM
that is disgusting...only slightly less than his coaching.

TimeForWasp
09-20-2011, 08:41 PM
WTF is a roof rat?

They stick to the roof of your mouth.

burt
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
WTF is a roof rat?

I had never heard of them before moving to Florida. The house I rented had been deserted for about a year and had several roof rats.

Nasty fuckers. Hard to kill. They get into the attic and make hunting trips to the rest of the house. A mouse trap doesn't even piss 'em off. Ya need big ol rat traps.

burt
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
I guess this means my sig and avatar will never happen!

Chiefs4TheWin
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM

HAHA I'm in. :clap:

Smed1065
09-20-2011, 10:29 PM
WTF is a roof rat?

Big and greasy. Seriously never heard of one?

Its what most people think is a squirrel when they hear a noise at night, Cept squirrels are not nocturnal and roof rats are. They are big, cautious and that makes them hard to trap unlike mice.

One sign is "marks" around ceilings, roof entrances and etc. They swing and are greasy thus leaving "marks" or black lines in the areas they visit or where they come in by swinging.

suzzer99
09-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Here's the photo of the rodent in question:

http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e14//170821.28.jpg

I'm not sure which is more disgusting-looking, the rat or the rest of the salad.

BoltWalt
09-20-2011, 10:49 PM
WTF can't I find a rat in my salad???

Most likely you have to plan ahead and bring it with you.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2011, 11:00 PM

which im a little surprised with...last year i thought he did a nice job of losing weight and getting back in shape.

ngoc
09-20-2011, 11:05 PM
maybe im being i dunno silly but when i work at a job im responsible for getting to and from that job

whoman69
09-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Man What's for afters?
Woman Well there's rat cake ... rat sorbet ... rat pudding ... or strawberry tart.
Man Strawberry tart?!
Woman Well, it's got some rat in it.
Man How much?
Woman Three (rather a lot really).
Man ... well, I'll have a slice without so much rat in it.
CAPTION: 'ONE SLICE OF STRAWBERRY TART WITHOUT SO MUCH RAT IN IT LATER'

Simply Red
09-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Man What's for afters?
Woman Well there's rat cake ... rat sorbet ... rat pudding ... or strawberry tart.
Man Strawberry tart?!
Woman Well, it's got some rat in it.
Man How much?
Woman Three (rather a lot really).
Man ... well, I'll have a slice without so much rat in it.
CAPTION: 'ONE SLICE OF STRAWBERRY TART WITHOUT SO MUCH RAT IN IT LATER'

It's just something I never re-explored. I'll make it a point to buy the MP discs.

09-21-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm guessing I am very late to the party on this little fact but was reading his Wikipedia entry and found this bizarre little nugget:

In 2006, Haley filed a 1.7 million dollar lawsuit against McDonald's after his wife found a dead rat in her salad. The salad was purchased at a Southlake, Texas McDonald's restaurant while Haley was a member of the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff. His wife and their live-in babysitter began to eat before noticing the rat, and were said to have become violently ill afterward. The rat was described as a "juvenile roof rat" that was 6 inches long laying dead on its back with its mouth open. Scott Casterline, a spokesman for the Haley family told the paper. "We were forced to file a lawsuit. It was just too much pain to handle.".[16] "The Haleys filed a lawsuit for $1.7 million in damages, but the case was settled shortly before it went to trial." The case was settled out of court for a confidential sum.[17]
I'm sorry but how in the hell do you NOT see a 6" fucking rat in your salad?

Dartgod
09-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Big and greasy. Seriously never heard of one?

Its what most people think is a squirrel when they hear a noise at night, Cept squirrels are not nocturnal and roof rats are. They are big, cautious and that makes them hard to trap unlike mice.

One sign is "marks" around ceilings, roof entrances and etc. They swing and are greasy thus leaving "marks" or black lines in the areas they visit or where they come in by swinging.
Holy crap! A coherent post from Smed?

:clap:

TimeForWasp
09-21-2011, 05:23 AM
More on the story

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2006-11-23/news/i-smell-a-mcrat/1/

ct
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM

I smell a class action suit from Chiefs Nation vs. Todd Haley, for the amount of 1 immediate resignation.