PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What if we do get the one pick and don't tak Luck.....

Red Dawg
09-21-2011, 02:14 AM
Could that happen? Would the bloodsuckers at One Arrowhead Drive be that stupid?

BossChief
09-21-2011, 02:22 AM
There is only one scenario I would be ok with that, and TBH I still might be pissed.

Stanzi takes over at the midway point and lights it up the rest of the way. When he takes over, we are winless and in 8 starts, leads us to victory in 3-4 of the games and keeps it close against the others.

Somehow, that's still good enough to get the #1 overall pick and are offered a deal that would give us a stockload of high round picks (including multiple firsts) the next 3 years as well as a top 10 this year and their 2nd and 3rd rounders this year as well.

That would be hard to turn down.

Other than that, if we pass on Luck or trade out of the pick for anything less than a complete kings ransom of a trade that passes the HW one by a mile, I would be forced to find other things to do with my Sundays.

tdurden58
09-21-2011, 02:26 AM
do you really think Luck is gonna fix this miserable team?. .

this team will not be successful for many many years to come. . we can draft first for the next 5 years and we'll still suck. .

time to choose another team or stop watchiong pro football. . im going with the latter ..

btlook1
09-21-2011, 02:28 AM

this team will not be successful for many many years to come. . we can draft first for the next 5 years and we'll still suck. .

time to choose another team or stop watchiong pro football. . im going with the latter ..

Go find another team and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2011, 02:41 AM

Manning fixed the Colts now didn't he.

Gee, two posts on your resume and you've already proven your and Idiot !

Thig Lyfe
09-21-2011, 02:48 AM
I would shit in everybody's mouth if that happened.

EVERYBODY'S.

crazycoffey
09-21-2011, 03:29 AM

Mecca, is that you?

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 03:38 AM

time to choose another team or stop watchiong pro football. . im going with the latter ..Die in a fire

TimeForWasp
09-21-2011, 03:57 AM
I would laugh my ass off.

Fritz88
09-21-2011, 04:08 AM
There is only one scenario I would be ok with that, and TBH I still might be pissed.

Stanzi takes over at the midway point and lights it up the rest of the way. When he takes over, we are winless and in 8 starts, leads us to victory in 3-4 of the games and keeps it close against the others.

Somehow, that's still good enough to get the #1 overall pick and are offered a deal that would give us a stockload of high round picks (including multiple firsts) the next 3 years as well as a top 10 this year and their 2nd and 3rd rounders this year as well.

That would be hard to turn down.

Other than that, if we pass on Luck or trade out of the pick for anything less than a complete kings ransom of a trade that passes the HW one by a mile, I would be forced to find other things to do with my Sundays.

Even if Stanzi lights it up, I wouldn't pass on luck. We could trade either one.
Posted via Mobile Device

09-21-2011, 04:09 AM
Just bench CAssel.

Chief3188
09-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Even if Stanzi lights it up, I wouldn't pass on luck. We could trade either one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed. You don't pass on a talent at Luck especially at the QB position. 8 games would not be enough to determine if Stanzi is for real or not either way and not often do you find yourself in the position to draft a top notch QB that is as highly touted as Luck.

donkhater
09-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't that what Bosschief proposed in post #2?

Tribal Warfare
09-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Could that happen? Would the bloodsuckers at One Arrowhead Drive be that stupid?

No, Clark wouldn't let Pioli do that because it would be bad for business since KC would have the worst record in the NFL. A QB like Luck will spark the interest of the fanbase and sell out tickets for home games.Clark wouldn't pass on an influx of revenue like that.

milkman
09-21-2011, 06:41 AM
No, Clark wouldn't let Pioli do that because it would be bad for business since KC would have the worst record in the NFL. A QB like Luck will spark the interest of the fanbase and sell out tickets for home games.Clark wouldn't pass on an influx of revenue like that.

You are a fucking idiot.

bowener
09-21-2011, 06:42 AM

This is also why there will be a new coaching staff at Arrowhead next year as well. Well, that and because they are going to win 2 or fewer games this year and look to have fail to do there jobs by all accounts.

movinbones
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM

Did you see the Detroit game??? That's what a "franchise" QB can do to a FRANCHISE.. Also try watching the Colts with out Manning. With him they win 10 games again with out him they are battle for our #1 pick.

Chris Meck
09-21-2011, 08:57 AM

I don't think that's true. What we have going on this season is a balancing of the luck (small l) scales. We were unusually healthy last year, and that combined with a last place schedule made us look further along than we were.

There's still a lot of talent here, assuming Charles, Berry, Moeaki all return. The offensive line is younger and getting better (Asamoah and Hudson). Baldwin will get on the field soon, and he and Bowe should make a nice pair of WR's. Lots of young defensive players. There's talent here. We do not have an NFL quality quarterback, and that is readily apparent. Luck (big L) would be walking into a best case scenario for him (team that was more talented than its' record would indicate) and he would be best case scenario for us (lots of young players that would all grow together).

BossChief
09-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I would be torn and it would probably depend on the compensation.

If we are offered something like 3 firsts and change (the first 1st rounder being a high pick) then we would surely have to evaluate that.

Making a decision either way would depend on the actual compensation offered and how well Stanzi would play.

ChiTown
09-21-2011, 10:00 AM
I fully expect us to take the BAFB (Best Available Full Back)

NaptownChief
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
You are a ****ing idiot.

Milk I don't remember you being so mean and nasty. A little cantankerous but not full out angry all the time. What in the world happen to the milkman over the last few years to change your ways?

DaWolf
09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
With our "luck", we will get the first overall pick and Andrew Luck will suffer a career ending injury in his final bowl game...

The Franchise
09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll start fucking killing people.

milkman
09-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Milk I don't remember you being so mean and nasty. A little cantankerous but not full out angry all the time. What in the world happen to the milkman over the last few years to change your ways?

The dumbassery around here has reached epic levels.

NaptownChief
09-21-2011, 10:14 AM

Gotcha

durtyrute
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
We are not going to have the first pick so you might as well stop the Luck talk now. The team isn't THAT terrible. Penalties and poor execution are killing us right now and those can be fixed. I would love to have an elite qb on this team, but this is the Chiefs so it will never happen.

milkman
09-21-2011, 10:19 AM
We are not going to have the first pick so you might as well stop the Luck talk now. The team isn't THAT terrible. Penalties and poor execution are killing us right now and those can be fixed. I would love to have an elite qb on this team, but this is the Chiefs so it will never happen.

This is the one argument that I would point directly to Haley and the staff.

These are things, especially execution, that fall directly to a team poorly prepared by the staff.

loochy
09-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Would the bloodsuckers at One Arrowhead Drive be that stupid?

No doubt in my mind

Tribal Warfare
09-21-2011, 10:22 AM

look at our schedule,unpreparedness, and injuries compared to other cellar dwellers . KC IS terrible, you can't spit shine a turd and call it a diamond. KC will most likely have the #1 overall pick.

Phobia
09-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Um, actually he said he's going to stop watching football.

durtyrute
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM
look at our schedule,unpreparedness, and injuries compared to other cellar dwellers . KC IS terrible, you can't spit shine a turd and call it a diamond. KC will most likely have the #1 overall pick.

Oh yea, we are shit, no argument there. I still think it is possible to win 3 maybe four games this year in Minn,Indy,Miami, and maybe one against the Donks. We will definetely pick in the top three but I can't see us picking first. Maybe I'll be wrong and we'll draft Luck, but I just don't see it. Being a Chiefs fan, what reason do I have to believe that even if we do end up with the first pick that we would take a qb anyway?

Rausch
09-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think we have to take Luck.

I do think that QB needs to become priority no 1 in KC...

Red Dawg
09-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I don't think we have to take Luck.

I do think that QB needs to become priority no 1 in KC...

What? The hell we don't need to take him. We need to draft a QB in the first. I pray it's Luck. Ben, Petyon, Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers and so on and on. We need this more than anything else by far.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Unless he breaks his neck or dies of Dengue Fever, there is absolutely no way to justify not taking him at #1.

bricks
09-23-2011, 06:10 AM
What if KC has the #1 pick, but Luck pulls an Elway or Rivers?

I could only imagine the meltdown in this place if that happened.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2011, 06:13 AM
What if KC has the #1 pick, but Luck pulls an Elway or Rivers?

I could only imagine the meltdown in this place if that happened.

1) It's pulling an Elway or an Eli
2) He's not an asshole, nor is his dad
3) This organization, inept as though it is, does not have that kind of toxic reputation.

bricks
09-23-2011, 06:14 AM
1) It's pulling an Elway or an Eli
2) He's not an asshole, nor is his dad
3) This organization, inept as though it is, does not have that kind of toxic reputation.

Oh sorry I meant Eli. Thank you. My bad.

Crush
09-23-2011, 06:16 AM
I hope they don't "tak" Luck because that sounds painful.

notorious
09-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

This.

Stockpile QB's that you can always trade later.

Otter
09-23-2011, 07:05 AM

Watch what you push, there may not be anyone to tell to **** off soon.

Go West side Elementary Mountain Cougars!!!!

notorious
09-23-2011, 07:08 AM
I refuse to support this pile of shit for the next half of my life if they pass on him.

Amnorix
09-23-2011, 07:11 AM
You guys are insane. Just for the record...

notorious
09-23-2011, 07:15 AM

If you had to go through what Chiefs' fans have you might understand.

6 Superbowl appearances with 3 titles in 25 years disqualifies you from this discussion.

the Talking Can
09-23-2011, 07:19 AM

we'll take Brady if you're tired of him

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 07:21 AM

Try to get Wilfork too!

Amnorix
09-23-2011, 07:31 AM
If you had to go through what Chiefs' fans have you might understand.

6 Superbowl appearances with 3 titles in 25 years disqualifies you from this discussion.

I understand. Remember, I spent 20 years rooting for one of the suckiest most embarassing teams in all of sports, much less football.

But you're all just acting paranoid because you've been burned. Parcells took Bledsoe. If Luck is Luck, and Cassel sucks, then Pioli will take him just as his father in law took Bledsoe.

You guys criticize Pioli for not taking Sanchez, but you may remember that not everyone was sold in Sanchez, and even to this day it's not really clear that he's anything special. The one good thing about him is that he elevates his game in the playoffs, which is obviously critically important, but if it wasn't for Ryan's defenses, the Jets wouldn't be going to the playoffs at all the last couple years.

Amnorix
09-23-2011, 07:33 AM

Think we'll hang on to him a bit longer. He's not completely useless just yet... :D

notorious
09-23-2011, 07:37 AM
I understand. Remember, I spent 20 years rooting for one of the suckiest most embarassing teams in all of sports, much less football.

But you're all just acting paranoid because you've been burned. Parcells took Bledsoe. If Luck is Luck, and Cassel sucks, then Pioli will take him just as his father in law took Bledsoe.

You guys criticize Pioli for not taking Sanchez, but you may remember that not everyone was sold in Sanchez, and even to this day it's not really clear that he's anything special. The one good thing about him is that he elevates his game in the playoffs, which is obviously critically important, but if it wasn't for Ryan's defenses, the Jets wouldn't be going to the playoffs at all the last couple years.

I agree, and yes we are paranoid.

I doubt we get the number one, but if we do Pioli won't pass on Luck.

Sucky
09-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Then we better take Barkley or else I'm jumping off a bridge.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Then we better take Barkley or else I'm jumping off a bridge.

what can I do to expedite your process.

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/j/joan-osborne/album-relish.jpg

lcarus
09-23-2011, 11:57 AM

The way people are talking, this used to be an internet utopia?

Sucky
09-23-2011, 09:17 PM
what can I do to expedite your process.

hey shut up:D

Hootie
09-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Only bossiowahomerchief would be ok with Stanzi over Luck...for God's sake...

GloryDayz
09-23-2011, 10:00 PM

That would be unlucky..

Shogun
09-23-2011, 10:35 PM
WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE TAKE A USC QB IF LUCK IS GONE

kcfanXIII
09-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Only bossiowahomerchief would be ok with Stanzi over Luck...for God's sake...

I'd be ok with it, IF Stanzi turns into the next Tom Brady and wins a super bowl this year... but only if. I'm tired of watching wobble launchers "manage" the game. When I played the only managers on the team were the girls too ugly even for marching band, who brought us water during time outs. I'm tired of hearing about leadership qualities to make up for the lack of a down field threat.

I feel I've given Cassel an ample amount of time to impress me. I've watched him with an open mind, and I've watched him enough to know that I don't need to see anymore. He is what he is, and that is nothing more then a back up. He was a back up in high school, he was a back up in college, and he is a back up in the NFL.

I've seen deer look less dazed while looking into my headlights, then MC looks when facing a pass rush. His inability to make a decision under pressure has made this offensive line look worse then they are, similar to the way a lack of pass rush hurts the secondary. His inaccurate ducks he calls deep balls, remind me of the old Nintendo game "Duck Hunt." I keep waiting for that damned dog to pop up and snicker at me.

So if the "QB or bust" mantra makes me insane, sign me up. I'm through with MC.

lcarus
09-24-2011, 12:32 AM
WHY THE **** WOULD WE TAKE A USC QB IF LUCK IS GONE

At least he started at USC? I got nothin...

FAX
09-24-2011, 12:42 AM
What if the people on the ship were visited by some strange form of disembodied alien consciousness which caused them to become telepathic without their knowledge and they started talking to each other using nothing but mind waves and, as a result, each of them thought they were all going insane and so they started eating the toilet paper until there was no more toilet paper so they had to wipe with banana peelings which caused an ass fungus that, over time, evolved and eventually became self aware and began building their own little ass ships to sail off to some distant, large ass?

FAX

kysirsoze
09-24-2011, 01:49 AM

I don't think many people think he'd pass on Luck, it's just a hypothetical. Still, the combination of the Chiefs' refusal to draft a QB in the early rounds and Pioli drafting TYSON FUCKING JACKSON is going to spark a little paranoia here and there. :shrug:

Sucky
09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
WOuldn't happen
if we get the 1st pick, Luck is ours

Chiefshrink
09-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I doubt we get the number one, but if we do Pioli won't pass on Luck.

I agree because everyone knows throughout our current civilization here on earth that Cassel sucks and we desperately need a FQB. I doubt Pioli can afford to miss a 4th time on a big decision. 1st-Haley hire, 2nd-Cassel trade,3rd-TJack pick and now....

to pass on Luck???????????????????????????????????????????????

No way Pioli's ego could handle that public criticism or risk losing his gig even if he was offered the farm and then some.

Bottom line: As the ol saying goes in the NFL, "this is a QB driven league" especially nowadays. More SB's have been won by very good to great QB's with mediocre to above average D's than by mediocre QB's with great D's(Rypien/Williams-Wash D, Dilfer/Balt D, BJohnson/Tampa D) All other SB champions had very good to great QBs.