PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs vs. Chargers: Who are you HOPING will win?

DaFace
09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Just a new way of quantifying how many people are truly giving up on the season. Note that the poll is not about what you THINK will happen, but rather what you HOPE will happen.

Jaric
09-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Damnit, I screwed up. My vote should be for the Chiefs. Every game you win brings me one step closer to Andrew Luck.

MIAdragon
Fuck it Ill man up, I HOPE we loose this game, this season is going no where. Lets at least get something for the suffering through it.

Mr. Flopnuts
This is really tough. I've never truly rooted against the Chiefs. Never. But I can see some logic to "14 games for 15 years". I believe with all my heart that Andrew luck is a Peyton Manning type prospect.

Bugeater
09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
I can accept a loss, but I'll never root for one.

InChiefsHeaven
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
I am hoping that we are at least competitive and not totally embarrassed. After that, I got nothin...

Bump
I hope we lose every single game. It's our only hope at a better future, it really is. We need to start thinking about the long term. We haven't won a playoff game since the last time we had an elite QB. Even when we had Trent Green, we could hang with anyone it was just the terrible defense that held us back.

#1 overall pick = Andrew Luck
2nd round pick = best LT available
the rest - get some more gat damn safeties, linebackers and maybe a RT.

DaFace

That's pretty much where I am. Hoping for a loss is almost like taking a dive in a fight so that you can get paid under the table. I just can't do it.

InChiefsHeaven

Yep, that's about the size of it. I can't root for my Chiefs to lose.

DMAC
09-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I voted Chiefs, although I want to see Stanzi. For that to happen Cassel needs to stay inept, which means bad loss. Confusing...

The Franchise
09-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I will root for Cassel to get embarrassed every game this year.

Bump
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
This is really tough. I've never truly rooted against the Chiefs. Never. But I can see some logic to "14 games for 15 years". I believe with all my heart that Andrew luck is a Peyton Manning type prospect.

Me neither, but we've never been this bad and the NFL is a different league now. You must have a good QB to get anywhere, unless you have one of the all time best defenses like the Ravens and Bucs, but those examples are few and far between.

I don't really understand the people who are hating on us (those who want to lose and get Luck). WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH CASSEL!!!!! We need a fucking quarterback and one's like Andrew Luck happen once a decade!!!!!!!!

seclark
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
chiefs
sec

Jaric
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
That's pretty much where I am. Hoping for a loss is almost like taking a dive in a fight so that you can get paid under the table. I just can't do it.

For the record, I'm not hoping my team losses. I'm just expecting them to.

suds79
09-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I want to clarify. I voted for the Chargers simply with the eye on the prize of Andrew Luck.

So while voted that I'm hoping they win, don't imagine I'm jumping up & down fist pumping when they do.

I've come very apathetic to things when the other team scores.

luv
09-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I understand the reasoning for wanting them to lose, and I think they will, but I will always hope for the Chiefs.

Predarat
09-22-2011, 10:58 AM
We can all cheer for the Chiefs to win again, when the teams in the Luck hunt win some.

TimeForWasp
09-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I want the Chiefs to kick some ass.

ModSocks
If the Chiefs only win one game this season, I want that one game to be against SD.

Bugeater
I understand the reasoning for wanting them to lose, and I think they will, but I will always hope for the Chiefs.
I don't. Basically they are hoping to lose while hoping to get the #1 and then they'll be hoping that the GM will do what they want and then hoping that the guy turns out to be the guy they want and then hoping the GM can put the right pieces around the guy and hoping that they'll get the bounces and breaks to get to the SB and then hoping that they'll be able to win the game once they get there.

That's too god damn much hoping for me. I'd rather hope for a win today.

CHENZ A!
09-22-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't. Basically they are hoping to lose while hoping to get the #1 and then they'll be hoping that the GM will do what they want and then hoping that the guy turns out to be the guy they want and then hoping the GM can put the right pieces around the guy and hoping that they'll get the bounces and breaks to get to the SB and then hoping that they'll be able to win the game once they get there.

:clap:

suds79
09-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Honestly if the team is realistically going to win say 3 games, what's the big deal of hoping they drop just two of those 3?

If we're going to draft #3 overall again, why not #1? That's all.

MahiMike
09-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Holy cow. Lotsa short-sided folks here...

Bearcat
09-22-2011, 11:14 AM
For those really wanting the Chiefs to go 0-16, will you still be watching the games? I have a hard enough time rationalizing the time and money spent watching while wanting them to win (and I probably won't watch much unless they really turn things around), so if I wished nothing more for them than 0-16 and Luck, I'd find something else to do on Sundays. :shrug:

Someone here said they are rooting for the Chiefs on gamedays and hoping for Luck the other 6 days of the week, and that's where I'm at. I've always argued against the fickle "throw it all away" type of attitude when the Chiefs lose a game or two, but they aren't even competitive right now, and going 4-12 and drafting an OT isn't going to fix things.... but, it doesn't mean I want them to tank the season or fire another coach, etc.

Old Dog
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM

ALMOST This, but I honestly believe that if it comes down to weeks 16 and 17 and we're still "looking Lucky", I WILL be hoping the Chiefs lose. To make it even worse that's vs Oakland and at Denver

Buehler445
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
You forgot GAZ, you bastard.

luv
09-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Totally get ya. I'm not convinced that Pioli would even consider taking a QB with the first pick.

DaFace
09-22-2011, 11:27 AM
You forgot GAZ, you bastard.

Na, didn't want to give people a cop out vote.

Amnorix
Chiefs, even mroe than usual. 56% or so of the people in my knockout league have the Chargiz this week, so GO CHIEFS!

The Franchise
Totally get ya. I'm not convinced that Pioli would even consider taking a QB with the first pick.

And that will be the nail in the coffin for Pioli.

Katie
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
This thread is a joke, right?

luv
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
This thread is a joke, right?

Have you read the other threads on here yet?

luv
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
And that will be the nail in the coffin for Pioli.

I'm not convinced of that, either.

The Franchise
09-22-2011, 11:34 AM

It will be for me.

If we get the #1 pick and Pioli passes on Luck for another year of Cassel.....I'm done watching this team until Pioli is gone.

Dartgod
09-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I always want them to win, but I really don't care either way what happens.

Rausch
09-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Hoping?

I know we're $#it right now but HOPING we don't win?

Anyone who voted for SD should die of the ass-cancer...

Donger
09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Hoping?

LMAO

Lzen
09-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Same. Unless it comes down to late in the season and its a tight race for last place and the team has nothing to play for except to be able to draft Luck. Then, and only then, will I POSSIBLY root for a loss. :huh:

Lzen
09-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I will root for Cassel to get embarrassed every game this year.

Way to swing for the fences.

Bearcat
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Holy cow. Lotsa short-sided folks here...

My side is pretty long, actually.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2011, 11:45 AM
People are voting for the Chiefs, really?

Jesus.

Donger
09-22-2011, 11:46 AM

Jesus.

Jane says
I'm done with Sergio
He treats me like a ragdoll
She hides
The television
Says I don't owe him nothing,
But if he comes back again
Tell him to wait right here for me
Or just
Try again tomorrow
I'm gonna kick tomorrow
Gonna kick tomorrow

Jane says
Have you seen my wig around?
I feel naked without it
She knows
They all want her to go
But that's O.K. man
She dont like them anyway
Jane says
She's goin away to spain
When she gets my money saved
I'm gonna start tomorrow
I'm gonna kick tomorrow
Gonna kick tomorrow

She gets mad
Starts to cry
She takes a swing but
She cant hit
She don't mean no harm
She just don't know
What else to do about it

Jane goes
To the store at 8:00
She walk up on St. Andrews
She waits
And gets her dinner there
She pulls her dinner
From her pocket
Jane says
I've never been in love
I don't know what it is
Only knows if someone wants her
I want them if they want me
I only know they want me

She gets mad
And she starts to cry
She takes a swing man
She cant hit!
She don't mean no harm
She just dont know
What else to do about it

Jane says
Jane says

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I voted Chargers with the caveat that we beat the everloving shit out of Rivers all game only to lose on a late Cassel fuck up

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Just a new way of quantifying how many people are truly giving up on the season. Note that the poll is not about what you THINK will happen, but rather what you HOPE will happen.

Is this a trick question??????

Molitoth
09-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Ya know, How about I root for Cassel to fail, and Stanzi to come in and throw 300 yards and a couple TD's.

But I know that isn't going to happen.

I'll root for the Chargers.

suds79
Hoping?

That's fine. That's your opinion.

I see it as little picture, immediate returns people vs Big picture, SB in mind people.

I don't care about puffing out my chest "look at how awesome of a fan I'm am blah, blah, blah." I just want to see the Chiefs win a SB in my lifetime. Getting a franchise QB is the only way that'll ever happen. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it.

Can't wait to see a poll like this posted again later on in the year.

DaFace
OK, this poll was informative. It's easy to get caught up in the opinions of the vocal minority around here sometimes.

As others have said, I'd be OK with losing the last couple games of the season if it really comes down to that, but I can't stomach the idea of just rooting against the team for the next 4 months. I'm not in the mood for a 2-year-long offseason.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not voting because if I vote Chiefs I'm a stupid mother-fucking assbag who likes long term mediocrity and can't see the bigger picture... and if I vote Chargers I'm a stupid mother-fucking assbag who gives up on his own team 2 freakin weeks in.

This is a no win.

Go other 0-2 teams.

Chris Meck
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry. I'm done with the Cassel experiment. I don't want this to go on one minute further than it has to.

If we were starting Stanzi, I'd be rooting like a motherf@cker for the Chiefs. As it is, I'm treating the rest of this season like preseason; I'm looking for improvement in individual play from the young guys, hoping nobody else gets hurt, and thinking that if we end up with Andrew Luck we could be special real fast.

Donger
09-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm not voting because if I vote Chiefs I'm a stupid mother-****ing assbag who likes long term mediocrity and can't see the bigger picture... and if I vote Chargers I'm a stupid mother-****ing assbag who gives up on his own team 2 freakin weeks in.

This is a no win.

Go other 0-2 teams.

If it helps, I think you're a stupid mother-fucking assbag with or without a vote.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 11:54 AM
If it helps, I think you're a stupid mother-****ing assbag with or without a vote.

That I can live with.

Donger
09-22-2011, 11:59 AM
That I can live with.

LMAO

gblowfish
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope the Chiefs will win.
I think they'll get their ass kicked.

luv
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM
That's fine. That's your opinion.

I see it as little picture, immediate returns people vs Big picture, SB in mind people.

I don't care about puffing out my chest "look at how awesome of a fan I'm am blah, blah, blah." I just want to see the Chiefs win a SB in my lifetime. Getting a franchise QB is the only way that'll ever happen. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it.

Can't wait to see a poll like this posted again later on in the year.

By wanting us to tank a season to speed up the process, aren't you also an "immediate returns" person?

Bearcat
09-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Jesus.

Eh, there's a difference between wanting Luck and actively rooting for the Chiefs to go 0-16. If the team keeps improving, shows some promise by the end of the year, and happens to draft Luck, then obviously it has the potential to be the best draft pick by the Chiefs in decades. But, wanting them to lose is like telling the team to stop what they're doing and just suck for the next 3 months... how could that possibly be good for the rest of the roster?

And kind of like what DaFace said, I don't want to drop the Chiefs for 3+ months, just a month after finding out there was going to be football this year.

suds79
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
By wanting us to tank a season to speed up the process, aren't you also an "immediate returns" person?

I just see the ideal opportunity to make a SB a realistic shot.

- You have the best QB prospect in a decade coming out
- We're already realistically around a 3 win team this year due to injuries. What's wrong with hoping it's actually a 1 win team?
- We have one of the very worse QBs in the league

No the timing is dang near perfect.

I feel I've been vary patient in waiting for us to draft a QB in the first round. It's time. Might as well get the best.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 12:08 PM
LUCKily I doubt the team has given up in the same way as the fans. I'll bet they even want to win.

KCUnited
Eh, there's a difference between wanting Luck and actively rooting for the Chiefs to go 0-16. If the team keeps improving, shows some promise by the end of the year, and happens to draft Luck, then obviously it has the potential to be the best draft pick by the Chiefs in decades. But, wanting them to lose is like telling the team to stop what they're doing and just suck for the next 3 months... how could that possibly be good for the rest of the roster?

And kind of like what DaFace said, I don't want to drop the Chiefs for 3+ months, just a month after finding out there was going to be football this year.

Actually, its telling them to keep on doing what they are doing.

Chiefburger
if the Chiefs win I'll cry since it will likely mean a long stretch of futility, one that goes way past Charles' prime and only delays the rebuilding process. and for what? a MEANINGLESS win. no, just lose, baby. lose and lose big. i want to violently shake every Chief fan pulling for a win and tell them this team is shit, hopeless and going nowhere. yeah, we have skill on the shelve but we need LUCK.

Donger

It seems like the Chiefs are going to "tank" this season all by themselves, though. While I can understand some of the sentiment, perhaps some shouldn't put so much apparent personal energy into this team this year. I've never understood placing so much emotional investment in something that you can't control or have any significant impact upon.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 12:12 PM
if the Chiefs win I'll cry since it will likely mean a long stretch of futility, one that goes way past Charles' prime and only delays the rebuilding process. and for what? a MEANINGLESS win. no, just lose, baby. lose and lose big. i want to violently shake every Chief fan pulling for a win and tell them this team is shit, hopeless and going nowhere. yeah, we have skill on the shelve but we need LUCK.

What happens when we get the top pick and take a RB?

Donger
09-22-2011, 12:13 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/3048401933_ac817eaf8a_o.gif

lcarus
09-22-2011, 12:14 PM
I'll put it this way. I don't hope we lose, but if we do I hope we lose enough to get something great out ofi t.

keg in kc
09-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Shit, I'm hoping we win. I will never, ever root for a team of mine to lose. Ever.

Now "hoping we win" does not equal "believing we win". But I'd certainly prefer winning to not. Losing sucks. End of story.

Bearcat
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Actually, its telling them to keep on doing what they are doing.

Heh... I'm assuming they're at least trying to get better.

If they keep losing games by 40 points every week, Luck will pull an Elway on the Chiefs... but hey, at least they tanked the season for the first pick in the draft.

KurtCobain
09-22-2011, 12:17 PM

My dude!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/3048401933_ac817eaf8a_o.gif

LMAO

exactly

Chiefburger
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM

if pioli likes his job, he knows he needs Luck on his side. i don't get the fans still rooting for anything more than a chiefs loss; the season is much, much more fun when you have a goal, even a big-picture goal like 0-16. 6-10 is not a goal.

KurtCobain
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Andrew Luck would be fucking awesome. And if we lose out and get him, I'll smile for the future. But that's the 2012 draft.

This is 2011. Sunday I will be watching the game rooting hard for a win, my cousins are going to be there rooting hard at the game(one has serious cancer, might not be around next year). He doesn't care about next year.

And that's a great point to this. If I die sunday night after the Chiefs eek out a victory over the chargers, I want to die fucking happy, not pissed off because I've decided Seattle is getting Luck after week fucking 3.

Donger
09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
LMAO

exactly

This one is better, actually.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/062009/1244628717_bomb.gif

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 12:23 PM
if pioli likes his job, he knows he needs Luck on his side. i don't get the fans still rooting for anything more than a chiefs loss; the season is much, much more fun when you have a goal, even a big-picture goal like 0-16. 6-10 is not a goal.

Don't disagree with you, just playing devils advocate.

Jamaals acl probably means we need a RB... Cassel WAS Pioli's boy... Pioli MAY actually have the ego some believe he does... He took Tyson Jackson 3rd overall for christs sake.... juuuuust sayin..... WE may think Luck would be a lock but...

KurtCobain
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Don't disagree with you, just playing devils advocate.

Jamaals acl probably means we need a RB... Cassel WAS Pioli's boy... Pioli MAY actually have the ego some believe he does... He took Tyson Jackson 3rd overall for christs sake.... juuuuust sayin..... WE may think Luck would be a lock but...

What's this we shit, Royals Fan?

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
What's this we shit, Royals Fan?

fuck off Joey

:)

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Interesting roll call.

Groves
09-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Every time I think of how dark this season is, I just think of how it will be when we both suck this year and don't get Luck for next year. Makes a feller want to kill somethin.

Chiefburger
09-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Andrew Luck would be ****ing awesome. And if we lose out and get him, I'll smile for the future. But that's the 2012 draft.

This is 2011. Sunday I will be watching the game rooting hard for a win, my cousins are going to be there rooting hard at the game(one has serious cancer, might not be around next year). He doesn't care about next year.

And that's a great point to this. If I die sunday night after the Chiefs eek out a victory over the chargers, I want to die ****ing happy, not pissed off because I've decided Seattle is getting Luck after week ****ing 3.

i want to jump three spaces and win the Superbowl by Week 3 too but it ain't happening. i don't see how you could die happy with the chiefs 1-2 and going nowhere. the immediate payoff doesn't compare to what lies down the 0-16 road. DEEPTHROAT4LUCK: it's a movement!

CrazyPhuD
09-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm rooting for the Royals to win!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm rooting for the Royals to win!

THAT'S MY MAN!!!

PBJ

Ming the Merciless
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM

this right here X a billion

Quesadilla Joe
09-22-2011, 12:30 PM
The Chiefs. They might not be that bad but they aren't good enough to compete for the division title. Any loss the Chargers get helps Denver.

KurtCobain
09-22-2011, 12:31 PM
. i don't see how you could die happy with the chiefs 1-2 and going nowhere.

BECAUSE THEY FUCKING WON THE GAME! The "Go GOGOGOGOGO"s and the " YEAH FUCKING YEAH TAMBA MOTHER FUCKING HALI KILLING YOUR BITCH ASS"s just mean so fucking much, that I would be happy at that point in time. Fucking stoked actually.

I like Luck. I think it'd be the best thing ever to lock him up, but I won't root against the Chiefs for something I doubt is going to happen.

listopencil
09-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I always root for the weaker team, so KC.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-22-2011, 12:37 PM
The Chiefs. They might not be that bad but they aren't good enough to compete for the division title. Any loss the Chargers get helps Denver.

LMAO

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Go Chargers!

the Talking Can
09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm rooting for Steve Bono.

Ugly Duck
09-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Go Chiefs! Go Broncos!

El Jefe
09-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Suck for Luck.

notorious
09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I am voting for the future, since this team is going nowhere worth noting with the present QB.

Bane
09-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Hoping for a Chiefs win but figuring on a Chiefs loss.

Jaric
09-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Immediate returns? Hank Strahm was coaching the last time you won a superbowl.

You have to have a franchise QB to win in this league anymore. Otherwise there will be NO matriculating the ball down the field for you.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
LMAO

I'm laughing, but because he thinks Denver has a shot at the division ROFL

HotRoute
09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Chiefs everytime no doubt about it, only way I will hope they lose is if I'm dying and the only way to survive is if they lose, which even then I would be conflicted.

Luck is not neccesarily the answer. is he going to stop teams from putting up 40pts every week? Spin it how you want to but this team needs more then a QB

suzzer99
09-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm sure my heart will not be able to help rooting for them to win if they are somehow in this game. But my head still wants them to lose.

Fritz88
09-22-2011, 04:27 PM

If he passes on Luck, I am done with him unless he manages to get someone who will make us competitive and I highly doubt that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
09-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Chiefs everytime no doubt about it, only way I will hope they lose is if I'm dying and the only way to survive is if they lose, which even then I would be conflicted.

Luck is not neccesarily the answer. is he going to stop teams from putting up 40pts every week? Spin it how you want to but this team needs more then a QB

The QB is the most important position of the field. A competent QB makes the defense better. Hell, Elway made Greg Robinson look like a competent DC.

GordonGekko
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
If the Chiefs win, Awesome!! but I need Gates to have a big game

GordonGekko
09-22-2011, 04:39 PM
The QB is the most important position of the field. A competent QB makes the defense better. Hell, Elway made Greg Robinson look like a competent DC.

This.

A healthy competent QB and a decent OL, that is 8 wins right there. Most important position in all of sports. The Patriots would be a sub .500 if it wasn't for Brady.

BossChief
09-22-2011, 04:41 PM
The Dodgers lost me when they traded Piazza (God son of Tommy Lasorda, ball boy for them as a kid, developed into an all star catcher and was a foundation piece for a up and coming club) and Baseball lost me when they went on strike in 1994 for good.

I never went back

Ill probably always be a Laker fan, but I don't follow them as in depth as I used to follow the Dodgers and nowhere near how in depth I have always followed KC.

I dont care about Soccer or Hockey (except for going to a few hockey games live, no interest in watching it on TV)

I gave up watching wrestling when the age of the Hulk, Macho and Warrior ended and never went back.

Barring an instance when God actually makes Cassel turn into the next Montana, there are two things that will likely make me move on from sports (except for the Lakers) almost completely:

1) Matt Cassel opens next year as the starting quarterback of the KC Chiefs.

2) We have the #1 pick and pass on Luck.

Those would be deal breakers.

I would probably come back because my family and myself have loved them for decades, but not until the ship is righted.

Bearcat
09-22-2011, 04:43 PM
This.

A healthy competent QB and a decent OL, that is 8 wins right there. Most important position in all of sports. The Patriots would be a sub .500 if it wasn't for Brady.

Well, except that one year with Cassel...

philfree
09-22-2011, 04:48 PM
There's no need for Chiefs fans to hope for a loss. The odds are that they will lose so one might as well pull for the win.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-22-2011, 05:39 PM
ClaytonESPNJohn Clayton

The Chargers have seven players on the injury report who didn't practice. Malcolm Floyd, A. Gates, Vincent Jackson and Mike Tolbert sat Thu

BossChief
09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
haha

Watch...Gates will sit the game because they know they can beat us without him and Kris Wilson will have a career game.

THEY ARE BREAKING OUT THE SECRET WEAPON!

SenselessChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Right now... I hope the Chargers win.

But, when the ball is kicked off, I imagine I will be pulling for the Chiefs for the 10 minutes they are in the game.

suzzer99
09-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Damn I might not even get to see this game in LA. Is it a sellout?

DeezNutz
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
"Hope" has nothing to do with it.

Drunk
09-22-2011, 06:42 PM
There's no need for Chiefs fans to hope for a loss. .

yet so many are

chefsos
09-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I can see the logic behind sacrificing a season, one that's in all likelihood lost anyway, for a chance at the gold ring. But I can't actively root against my team in any one game even under those circumstances. Can't do it.

Rain Man
09-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Not only do I want the Chiefs to win, but I think the Chiefs will win. We match up well against the Chargers.

notorious
09-22-2011, 06:48 PM
It is the hardest thing I have ever done in respect to my beloved Chiefs.

I will cheer for them in the game, but I will not fret if it results in another loss.

I hope they will win, I hope they will lose. Winning now secures a week of happiness, losing for the next 14 weeks could secure happiness for years.

notorious
09-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Not only do I want the Chiefs to win, but I think the Chiefs will win. We match up well against the Chargers.

LMAO

Spott
09-22-2011, 06:49 PM
They are going to lose by at least 2-3 TD's so it really doesn't give much reason to root for us to win.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 06:50 PM
haha

Watch...Gates will sit the game because they know they can beat us without him and Kris Wilson will have a career game.

THEY ARE BREAKING OUT THE SECRET WEAPON!

Why do you hate the Chiefs?

Drunk
09-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Gates may sit out but not because "they think they can win without him". Even though they know they can.

Fritz88
09-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Some of those hoping for a win want Luck to be our QB. I am not quite sure how one can want us winning games then wish us to be the first to pick on the draft.

Win != Luck
Win = continues heartache and disappointments.
Win = Muir
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM
I wont root against the Chiefs. I'll cheer for every TD...If any, that we have. But if we lose, that's totally cool too cause that brings us 1 game closer to Luck.

Fritz88
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM

LMAOROFLOMGWTF
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
09-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Difference is you aren't the one fighting. If there was one player on the Chiefs who let up because they wanted Andrew Luck I would want that piece of shit cut immediately. However, as someone who has no direct effect on the outcome of games, I am comfortable rooting for my team to lose because the wins would be effectively meaningless and short lived.

Also, I have never rooted for the Chiefs to lose prior to possibly week 16 or 17 and NEVER before we were mathmatically eliminated. This year is just hopeless. There is no chance in hell of us going to the playoffs, much less winning a Superbowl. I will be rooting for no more Goddamn injuries, though.

KCUnited
09-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Losing is winning. We're all rooting for the Chiefs.

kysirsoze
09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Losing is winning. We're all rooting for the Chiefs.

This week, even San Diego fans are Chiefs fans.

ILChief
09-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Man, I'm really looking forward to the Monday Night game in New England.

Frazod
09-22-2011, 07:33 PM
There should have been a "who gives a shit" option.

This weekend, I expect Mizzou to get slaughtered by the Gooners, the Chiefs to get slaughtered by the Chargers, and the Cardinals to get eliminated from the wildcard race.

Not giving a shit seems like my best option.

GloryDayz
09-22-2011, 07:41 PM
And I'm rooting for the Raider thugs (who always appears at Sandy Eggo games) to beat the living snot out of Hunt on his was in. They'll know him, he's the trust-fund looking POS who falls out of the limo with 8 cheap Rosecrans hookers on his arms and a fist STILL holding the better part of $30M he's got left under the cap.

And he's a bigger whor* than the many hookers he'll be sporting on his arms...

Ace Gunner
09-22-2011, 07:43 PM
I'll root for the Chiefs, but I don't think they'll win. I think this game will be a record breaker.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
There should have been a "who gives a shit" option.

This weekend, I expect Mizzou to get slaughtered by the Gooners, the Chiefs to get slaughtered by the Chargers, and the Cardinals to get eliminated from the wildcard race.

Not giving a shit seems like my best option.

The Cards will get the wild card if only because I hate them.

Chiefaholic
09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I couldn't force myself to root against the Chiefs if I wanted to. Yes, I realize that Casshole is not capable of leading us to a Superbowl, and that Andrew Luck has the potential to make this franchise do a 180 with minimal changes to the team other than himself. If we lose, I won't be pissed, but I sure as hell will be rooting for the Chiefs till the final whistle.

KCFalcon59
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
I wish I didn't feel that this season is done. I really do. But losing Charles, Berry, and Moeaki has just killed me. So I will root on the Chiefs and hope that they lose close ones so we can get Luck.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-22-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm rooting for change, the future, and stability.

Frazod
09-22-2011, 08:35 PM
The Cards will get the wild card if only because I hate them.

Well shit, if that's all it takes, a little extra hatred aimed Missouri's way would be greatly appreciated.

I'll happily post the picture of Sodd at the end of the 2007 KU/MU game if you need any extra motivation. :D

Stryker
09-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Fuck it Ill man up, I HOPE we loose this game, this season is going no where. Lets at least get something for the suffering through it.

This! Count me in as well. Even if this season had a glimpse of hope - with this schedule it ain't happin'in - we would only be one and done - again.

kysirsoze
09-22-2011, 09:20 PM
I couldn't force myself to root against the Chiefs if I wanted to. Yes, I realize that Casshole is not capable of leading us to a Superbowl, and that Andrew Luck has the potential to make this franchise do a 180 with minimal changes to the team other than himself. If we lose, I won't be pissed, but I sure as hell will be rooting for the Chiefs till the final whistle.

During the game, I won't be cheering against the Chiefs, but now, thinking rationally, I can say I hope the Chiefs lose. After the game is over, I'll be happier if we lose than if we win.

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I will watch the Chiefs looking for young guys to progress and our stars to show they can earn their money. I will root for the other shit teams as well. If the Chiefs lose, well I will think about how that helps our chances.

That being said, I can't root against them. I won't be jumping up and down, but I will enjoy the good plays. Ideally, they play well and Cassel plays poorly while somehow screwing up SD's season.

mikey23545
09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
I will root for the Chiefs to win with every fiber of my being, just as I did the first two games, and will continue to do until they pry my cold dead hands from around my remote control...

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:01 PM
If you want the POS Chargers to win you are in effect a POS.

Fuck them and I will not partake in a division foe winning games getting them closer to winning a SB.

End of story.

Aries Walker
09-22-2011, 10:08 PM
I always want the Chiefs to win.

KCwolf
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
U the man........F it .... Go Chiefs.............course if we lose we are one step closer......

okcchief
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
I see losing as winning at this point. Instead of playing for titles we are playing for Luck and future titles.

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I see losing as winning at this point. Instead of playing for titles we are playing for Luck and future titles.

The 53 on the team will completely buy into this because they will be around later for the Luck titles.

FlaChief58
09-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I want the Chiefs to win every game of every year but the sad reality is, WE SUCK! Based on this fact I don't care if they lose all but 1 game this year (0-16 should be left to the lions) if it means we finally get a franchise QB and thereby giving us a real chance at another championship.

ClevelandBronco
09-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Putting my avy where my vote is.

Gadzooks
09-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Putting my avy where my vote is.

Is that 'cause you want the Bronco's to get Luck?

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-24-2011, 04:19 PM
greggrosenthalgregg rosenthal

you've been warned. RT @ProFootballTalk Antonio Gates won't play Sunday http://wp.me/p14QSB-EIB