PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Pioli is going to screw up the #1 pick

Fat Elvis
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Pioli is such an egomanic he is going to "prove" to everyone that he is a football genious (cp spelling) and trade out of the #1 pick. He is going to get a boatload of second round picks along with a lower first round pick. He is going to justify it by saying that the team needs more than a franchise QB like Andrew Luck, and he will use Cassell as an example. He will say he is filling the many holes on the team with the "right" players.

Face it: Pioli is one giant "screw you" to the Kansas City Chiefs fanbase.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
No he's not.

Scorp
09-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Nobody would pass on Andrew Luck. Nobody!

Reerun_KC
09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
WTF is this National Repost season or what?

Mr_Tomahawk
09-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Great! Another one!

Chiefaholic
09-23-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm assuming you're one of the idiots that said Pioli wouldn't take Eric Berry at #5 too. When you have game changing talent on the board, you take it

Rooster
09-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I didn't know KC was awarded the #1 overall pick.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 08:30 AM

We're still waiting on confirmation. We should have that in about 15 weeks.

luv
09-23-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm assuming you're one of the idiots that said Pioli wouldn't take Eric Berry at #5 too. When you have game changing talent on the board, you take it

Pioli seems to have a hard on for Cassel, though. He worked hard and paid him well to get him here. I just hope he's able to admit he was wrong and move on.

KCrockaholic
09-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Fuckin stupid.

Everyone with this take is ReTodded.

Pioli is not an egomanic. This made up persona is thanks to Whitlock. Piece of shit.

Pioli wouldn't pass on Luck. If we had the #1 pick it will be due to Cassel playing like shit, and it would be obvious it's time to move on. Also, Pioli wouldn't be able to get away with not drafting Luck.

The city would literally kill him. He would be forced out of town and jobless within 2 hours. Luck is the obvious choice. I won't even go any further cause I'm tired of hearing this shit.

It's fuckin stupid.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Who is the current jr/sr DE at LSU?

Dave Lane
09-23-2011, 08:40 AM
First I hope we have the chance. Second I hope this is some odd cross thread humor because it is decidedly wrong. Pioli has very little ego and is all about another Tom Brady.

suds79
09-23-2011, 08:43 AM

This.

I have zero concern about Pioli passing on Luck if we get #1. None.

Is that because I have overwhelming faith in Scott? No. It's because it's that much of a no brainer.

Demonpenz
09-23-2011, 08:57 AM

I was hoping he didn't take Berry, too many injury concerns with that guy guess I was right :(

Otter
09-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I have an assignment for everyone here; tonight after work, or starting early tomorrow, what ever clacks your clackers, mix up a batch of margaritas with your significant other (gochiefs, mount your fleshlight inside a pumpkin or something) and get drunk, light up a doobie, have sex on the kitchen island you worked your ass off for and go for a hike or simply find a deck, enjoy your buzz and watch the sun set.

Step away from it all and act like your 18 for a day.

seclark
09-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I have an assignment for everyone here; tonight after work, or starting early tomorrow, what ever clacks your clackers, mix up a batch of margaritas with your significant other (gochiefs, mount your fleshlight inside a pumpkin or something) and get drunk, light up a doobie, have sex on the kitchen island you worked your ass off for and go for a hike or simply find a deck, enjoy your buzz and watch the sun set.

Step away from it all and act like your 18 for a day.

same old same old for me.(except that part w/the fleshlight and pumpkin)
sec

Marcellus
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Thank God someone started a thread to discuss this.

We don't already have 20 current threads discussing this exact topic and every single angle of it.

Thanks again man. Really, we can't thank you enough.

Thanks!

Did I thank you yet?

Thanks!

nychief
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't speak full on retard.... but from what I can make out, you are wrong.

L.A. Chieffan
09-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I hope that satellite lands on your head

chiefscafan
09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Pioli doesn't coach the team guys. I understand the frustration but think bout this how many people did pioli draft in 2009 that aren't here anymore. Seems to me he's able to admit mistakes. Also as it has been stated if we are bad enough to get luck then cassel really fell apart. Pioli would draft luck only way that wouldn't happen if some team offered a Herchal walker deal. Then would u turn that down. Friend of mine asked would anything change your mind bout sucking for luck? I said if cassel falls flat on his face and we start stanzi and he gets us to 5 or six wins and looks like second coming of Tom Brady.

Sorry just had to put in my two cents but if he were to get first pick and traded for a first and multiple second rounders, and the comment of we need the right 53 and cassel needs weapons, I would be the first person to say pioli needs to go. I think the egoli cracks are wrong and Whitlock the idiot started because pioli wouldn't give him an interview.

Rooster
09-23-2011, 10:01 AM

LMAOLMAO

ReynardMuldrake
09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Drafting Andrew Luck is our desssstiny. Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

ModSocks
09-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Of course Pioli would draft Luck. What better way to look like a hero? If Luck pans out, Pioli will be one the greatest GM's ever for the next decade.

If Luck fails it won't fall on Pioli still.

BigCatDaddy
09-23-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250454

suds79
09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I was hoping he didn't take Berry, too many injury concerns with that guy guess I was right :(

You can't be serious.

There's not a player in the league who wouldn't have had their knee trashed from that hit.

Bugeater
09-23-2011, 10:37 AM
No shit. I'll wait to see if we get it before I start worrying about Pioli fucking it up.

Deberg_1990
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
He didnt screw up the Eric Berry pick, and lots of people thought he would.

Tyjack he screwed up, but i can see now why he did it. Th 09 draft was weak overall.

Way too early to say anything about Baldwin.

Lzen
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Fat Elvis, you need to read this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250357

Hammock Parties
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
It would be pretty funny if we had the #1 and didn't take Luck. No one would support Pioli anymore....except those that support him to the mother fucking death.

CrazyPhuD
09-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Well we're on the road to sucking so bad that the NFL might just give us #1-5 in the 1st just out of pity. SO if Pioli fucks up #1 that's ok so long as he hits gold on #2-5.

Fat Elvis
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM

bonk

Trevo_410
09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
if pioli is not fired by the time the draft comes around... he's going to look like a genious drafting luck, and bring us more years of 170 lbs rb's in the 2nd round. Do you guys really want that? it will be looking like indianapolis in a just a few years.

Direckshun
09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Let's get the #1 pick first.

There's too much football, and we've got far too much talent, to be the cellar dwellers just yet.

bricks
09-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Let's get the #1 pick first.

There's too much football, and we've got far too much talent, to be the cellar dwellers just yet.

Exactly.

Too much talent? Meh.

If the Chiefs had Berry, Charles, and Moeaki I'd agree with you.

Since those guys are out, that definately increases their chances of being the basement dwellers of the league.

Trevo_410
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
seattle sucks just as much as we do,, its going to come down to the finish line.

DaWolf
09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
That was the reasoning people tried to use in arguing that he was going to screw up and not take Eric Berry.

I also think Clark Hunt isn't going to be shy in pushing internally for a franchise QB that would get the fanbase excited to be drafted...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Pioli is such an egomanic he is going to "prove" to everyone that he is a football genious (cp spelling) and trade out of the #1 pick. He is going to get a boatload of second round picks along with a lower first round pick. He is going to justify it by saying that the team needs more than a franchise QB like Andrew Luck, and he will use Cassell as an example. He will say he is filling the many holes on the team with the "right" players.

Face it: Pioli is one giant "screw you" to the Kansas City Chiefs fanbase. Nah, Berry dispelled that myth.

BigRichard
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
You can't be serious.

There's not a player in the league who wouldn't have had their knee trashed from that hit.

You have just been Demonpenz'd.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 03:34 PM
No Skip Towne....no Dane McCloud....this is what we get.

A bunch of ReTodds running around with the keys to the planet.

I think we should start a voting policy where after someone posts a thread, we can vote on his ability to start more of them.

That may clean up a little of this trash.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 03:42 PM

I think we should start a voting policy where after someone posts a thread, we can vote on his ability to start more of them.

Does that work for posts too?

Reerun_KC
09-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Its n00bs like you that really make me miss guys like Dane and Skip...

Okie_Apparition
09-23-2011, 04:02 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Pioli & Hunt pass on a chance to sign a starting QB for 4 years to a 30 million dollar deal?

Reerun_KC
09-23-2011, 04:05 PM
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Pioli & Hunt pass on a chance to sign a starting QB for 4 years to a 30 million dollar deal?

they way all these girls are acting, its a done deal...

lcarus
09-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I have a hard time believing Pioli would pass up on a QB if/when we get a top 3 pick. Even if it's Barkley or Foles, he just can't pass up on it. He may be an egomaniac, but he isn't stupid. This team needs an upgrade over Cassel in a major way. When even the average football fan such as myself knows it, he has to know it.

Reerun_KC
09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I have a hard time believing Pioli would pass up on a QB if/when we get a top 3 pick. Even if it's Barkley or Foles, he just can't pass up on it. He may be an egomaniac, but he isn't stupid. This team needs an upgrade over Cassel in a major way. When even the average football fan such as myself knows it, he has to know it.

This...

lcarus
09-23-2011, 04:14 PM
And if by some serious act of stupidity and ego he DOESN'T draft Luck with the #1 pick, I won't support this team with another dime until we change GMs. They say this is one of the best QB drafts in years. If we have a top 3 pick and don't upgrade at the position...we deserve to lose.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
He'd better get a Rickey Williams type haul if he did

Micjones
09-23-2011, 06:13 PM
People said the same thing before Eric Barry is drafted.
There's not a chance in Hell he passes on Luck.
Hunt won't allow that to happen after having an abysmal season this year.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Its n00bs like you that really make me miss guys like Dane and Skip...

Actually, both of them were very supportive of me on here and Skip still sends me messages from time to time.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Does that work for posts too?

haha

but I like it here

09-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. For now, I think Pioli won't do it.

kcxiv
09-23-2011, 06:51 PM

in the words of Nick Wright, "you, such your face"

kcxiv
09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
And if by some serious act of stupidity and ego he DOESN'T draft Luck with the #1 pick, I won't support this team with another dime until we change GMs. They say this is one of the best QB drafts in years. If we have a top 3 pick and don't upgrade at the position...we deserve to lose.

I agree, it will be hard for me to even follow the Chiefs if they did that. Ill probably just ease back on my football.

Hell, i eased back on baseball because of my Dodgers stupid ass owner using the team as his personal ATM.

CoMoChief
09-23-2011, 07:09 PM
If he was really that blind, or so arrogant that he wouldn't admit that Cassel was a failure, and ended up passing on Luck.....I would no longer support this team.

That's just something (as a fan that pays a lot of money to this organization via ticket sales, jerseys, concessions, parking etc) that is outright unacceptable to a consumer that supports this team and trusts it to make the right decisions to put a good product on the field.

Smed1065
09-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Repost! Oh it did not mention Berry. NM, I heard this last year too. Oh it was on CP too.

BigRedChief
09-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm happy with the picks of Pioli in 2011 and 2010. Getting Houston for moving down a few spots when no one was there we really wanted anyway was something King Carl would never have pulled off. 2009 was/is a disaster. Thats a heckuva better ration than we had under King Carl and Steadman.

milkman
09-24-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm happy with the picks of Pioli in 2011 and 2010. Getting Houston for moving down a few spots when no one was there we really wanted anyway was something King Carl would never have pulled off. 2009 was/is a disaster. Thats a heckuva better ration than we had under King Carl and Steadman.

You can bitch about Jack Steadman all you want, but the foundation of the teams that Marty and Carl put on the field in the 90s were Steadman's draft picks.

Lzen
09-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Bad, n00b!

That's a terrible idea.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2011, 10:45 AM
"Scott Pioli would never take a safety at 5"

Hootie
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Just like he screwed up the Berry pick???

JFC

I promise that IF (and it's a big IF)...IF the Chiefs DO get the #1 pick (and I honestly doubt we will), Andrew Luck is as good as ours.

He's a once in a lifetime talent and WHOEVER gets the #1 pick is going to take him. It could be Carolina with Cam Newton, and they'd still take Luck...or at the very least demand a ransom never seen before to trade out of that pick.

Hootie
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
It's clear as day he fucked up the Tyson Jackson pick...

But again...as pointed out several times...

Picks 19-32 >>>>>>> picks 1-13 in that draft.

That draft fucking sucked. No excuse for Pioli...but at least he fucked up the #3 pick in the shittiest of all shitty drafts.

seamonster
09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I still don't understand what happened to this team because I live on the east coast and missed both their games, but the defense seems to look like a heinous train-wreck and whoever's responsible for the offensive play calling strategy needs a lobotomy.

I don't care what people say about the bills and the lions, you don't get eviserated by those two teams back to back. it just shouldn't happen. So I'd say Pioli probably will draft on talent, and not the confused "scheme", at this point given how f'ed up this team's situation is. talent is needed.

Hootie
09-24-2011, 11:02 AM
looking at the defense...

lmao

how GOOD is Eric Berry? We lose one guy and our defense goes from being pretty damn good to being an absolute trainwreck disaster.

CoMoChief
09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I still don't understand what happened to this team because I live on the east coast and missed both their games, but the defense seems to look like a heinous train-wreck and whoever's responsible for the offensive play calling strategy needs a lobotomy.

I don't care what people say about the bills and the lions, you don't get eviserated by those two teams back to back. it just shouldn't happen. So I'd say Pioli probably will draft on talent, and not the confused "scheme", at this point given how f'ed up this team's situation is. talent is needed.

No good NT, no depth, and can't stop the run.

milkman
09-24-2011, 11:24 AM

And the opposition is given an average starting field position of about the 45 yard line.

That's putting your defense in a bad position consistently.

And look around the league.

There simply are no great defenses anymore.

This is a QB driven, offensive league.

You don't have a QB, the team is ****ed, in every aspect of the game.

CoMoChief
09-24-2011, 11:26 AM
And the opposition is given an average starting field position of about the 45 yard line.

That's putting your defense in a bad position consistently.

And look around the league.

There simply are no great defenses anymore.

This is a QB driven, offensive league.

You don't have a QB, the team is ****ed, in every aspect of the game.

yup...can't argue with that either.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Just like he screwed up the Berry pick???

JFC

I promise that IF (and it's a big IF)...IF the Chiefs DO get the #1 pick (and I honestly doubt we will), Andrew Luck is as good as ours.

He's a once in a lifetime talent and WHOEVER gets the #1 pick is going to take him. It could be Carolina with Cam Newton, and they'd still take Luck...or at the very least demand a ransom never seen before to trade out of that pick.

With the schedule they play, who is honestly going to beat out the Chiefs for the top spot?

09-24-2011, 02:07 PM
With the schedule they play, who is honestly going to beat out the Chiefs for the top spot?

We will win a couple games we have no business winning. And we'll like it.

FlaChief58
09-24-2011, 03:21 PM
No way Pioli fucks this up. If we were talking about Al Davis, sure HE would but noone else in their right mind would pass on this kid. IF (and it's a big if) Pioli were to be that stupid, he should be fired immediatly following the selection

Hootie
09-24-2011, 03:26 PM

The Indianapolis Colts.

The Luck bowl is in two Sunday's if you ask me...

Peyton isn't coming back this year.

Hootie
09-24-2011, 03:27 PM
We will win a couple games we have no business winning. And we'll like it.

Not me. 2009 mode.

I cheered for close, entertaining games with end of the game Chiefs collapses.

THERE IS AN EXCEPTION

the DJ/Charles game in week 17 against Denver @ Denver was AMAZING.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2011, 03:28 PM
24th Total D, but dead last in points allowed by a wide margin

25th in run D, but best in the AFC West LMAO

Berry's loss has been substantial, but damn the offense has really F'd them hard and often. They easily lead the league in points allowed off turnovers.

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2011, 03:53 PM
No way Pioli fucks this up. If we were talking about Al Davis, sure HE would but noone else in their right mind would pass on this kid. IF (and it's a big if) Pioli were to be that stupid, he should be fired immediatly following the selection

This pick won't be Pioli's it'll be Clark's

milkman
09-24-2011, 05:13 PM
This pick won't be Pioli's it'll be Clark's

I actually agree with you here, but that doesn't the fact that..

You are a fucking idiot.

BigMeatballDave
09-24-2011, 05:24 PM

While the D has issues, you haven't played much attention to these 2 games.

Do you know what turnovers are?

BigMeatballDave
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
looking at the defense...

lmao

how GOOD is Eric Berry? We lose one guy and our defense goes from being pretty damn good to being an absolute trainwreck disaster.
Train wreck? It's not this bad. WTF? Some of you don't even watch the games.

CosmicPal
09-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Pioli's job is to field the best team with a chance to win the Super Bowl. That is priority one. The second priority is to fill the stands and create a dynamic team the fans can be proud of and will want to root for for many years to come. There is not a GM in this world that will pass up on Luck should they get the first pick. A QB of his status will complete both priorities. No way he passes up on Luck. It's patently stupid to do so.

Once you hit on the QB to lead your team for many years. You can then build the team of your dreams around that player. You can't do that by fielding a bunch of holes with good players. Great teams are led by great players. They are rare in the NFL. No way a GM passes on this opportunity.

Pioli may have an ego and that ego is that he wants to run the ship the way he sees fit. It doesn't mean his ego is to pass up on HOF potential that will sell a great many tickets.

LVNHACK
09-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I actually agree with you here, but that doesn't the fact that..

You are a ****ing idiot.

LMAO