PDA

View Full Version : Misc When is it too early to bring a girl a bouquet of roses?

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2011, 05:37 AM
I am having a debate with a friend of mine. A guy brought her a bouquet of roses (not red) on their 2nd date. I say that's too early, and lame. She thought it was nice and sweet.

I already told her if she liked it, then cool, good for her. However, she's turning it into this thing to prove I'm wrong (cause I'm rarely ever wrong ;)).

So... now turning to the Planet.

How early is too early to bring a girl roses?

(There will be no pics of the girl)

Scorp
09-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Right after she eats a hot lunch!

Gravedigger
09-25-2011, 06:20 AM
I bought my girlfriend a single yellow rose on our third date and she went gaga for it. Every woman is different but roses are a great indicator of how into you she is. If she's ho hum about it then she's not into you just yet but if she thinks its sweet then you're pretty much golden. Is say third date, but you don't have to go full bouquet.

Fire Me Boy!
09-25-2011, 06:27 AM
I've been married more than seven years and I've never bought my wife a bouquet of roses. A single yellow rose on the firmer date, and that's basically it.

Of course, my wife doesn't really like flowers that much since they die.... She would rather have something more useful, more "forever".

Gonzo
09-25-2011, 06:27 AM
I prefer tulips...

Badump-bump, crash.
Posted via Mobile Device

Scorp
09-25-2011, 06:29 AM
you don't have to go full bouquet.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg195/scaled.php?server=195&filename=nevergofullretardg.jpg&res=medium

phisherman
09-25-2011, 06:39 AM
I've been married more than seven years and I've never bought my wife a bouquet of roses. A single yellow rose on the firmer date, and that's basically it.

Of course, my wife doesn't really like flowers that much since they die.... She would rather have something more useful, more "forever".

my wife has told me the same thing before, but her eyes still light up when i bring flowers home for her.

sure, they're impractical, and yes, they die fairly quickly, but i would bet that she would still dig it.

Fire Me Boy!
09-25-2011, 06:47 AM
my wife has told me the same thing before, but her eyes still light up when i bring flowers home for her.

sure, they're impractical, and yes, they die fairly quickly, but i would bet that she would still dig it.

I've bought flowers a few times over the years, just never a full bouquet of roses. Surprisingly, her response has always been, "Oh, thanks. Put 'em in a vase or something."

Bugeater
09-25-2011, 07:05 AM

Like a vacuum cleaner?

chop
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
I've bought flowers a few times over the years, just never a full bouquet of roses. Surprisingly, her response has always been, "Oh, thanks. Put 'em in a vase or something."

You must be buying the supermarket flowers. My wife would give me the same ho-hum response for those but really likes the full bouquet.

Bane
09-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Not till the first BJ.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-25-2011, 07:36 AM
If it gets a girl wet, it's never too early.

milkman
09-25-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd say that right after you pulled some free pussy is too early.

KCUnited
09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Nothing reeks of no game more than flowers.

cardken
09-25-2011, 08:01 AM
this, if you have to there is a discount roses place in OP. Wore that place out, before I realized it was a waste of time, but if you have to go half price they die quickly, so does the thought.

09-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Valentines day. Only valentines day.

09-25-2011, 08:03 AM

Thank God my wife is the same way.

Bugeater
09-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Valentines day. Only valentines day.
You mean the day that they triple the price? If you're only going to do it one day, and one day only, go anniversary. The flower shop won't know when that is so they can't gouge you.

Bugeater
09-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Thank God my wife is the same way.
What brand of vacuum did you buy her?

Dave Lane
09-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Flowers are for when you are an old married couple. Every girl I bought flowers for went to hell in a hand basket. Its too approval seeking or needy, like taking them to fancy places to eat.

milkman
09-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Flowers are for when you are an old married couple. Every girl I bought flowers for went to hell in a hand basket. Its too approval seeking or needy, like taking them to fancy places to eat.

I'm sorry, what?

I've been married for 24 years, and I don't buy flowers.

And, no, I don't buy her a vacuum cleaner as a gift, either.

Goldmember
09-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Don't kiss ass and act aloof, just don't be a dick about it...humans want what they can't have

milkman
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Don't kiss ass and act aloof, just don't be a dick about it...humans want what they can't have

So you're saying that the Chiefs will never draft a franchise QB?

MIAdragon
09-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Like a vacuum cleaner?

LMAO

Goldmember
09-25-2011, 08:13 AM
If her mom is hot, send her roses instead. It will make your new gf jealous

Goldmember
09-25-2011, 08:14 AM
So you're saying that the Chiefs will never draft a franchise QB?

pretty much

Bugeater
09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry, what?

Power tools?

Dave Lane
09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry, what?

It's a good idea as a surprise every now and again. For no reason is best. Helps add a spark and some interest to the hohum stage of a relationship.

milkman
09-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Power tools?

Is that waht they call 'em these days?

ClevelandBronco
09-25-2011, 08:19 AM
...Of course, my wife doesn't really like flowers that much since they die.... She would rather have something more useful, more "forever".

Yet she chose a man. God bless her.

Bugeater
09-25-2011, 08:20 AM
If her mom is hot, send her roses instead. It will make your new gf jealous
Leon Phelps approves of this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jalm22zr-80/S8CKGYaSJ_I/AAAAAAAAAdM/71wQuxenC54/s1600/ladiesman.jpg

Al Bundy
09-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I am having a debate with a friend of mine. A guy brought her a bouquet of roses (not red) on their 2nd date. I say that's too early, and lame. She thought it was nice and sweet.

I already told her if she liked it, then cool, good for her. However, she's turning it into this thing to prove I'm wrong (cause I'm rarely ever wrong ;)).

So... now turning to the Planet.

How early is too early to bring a girl roses?

(There will be no pics of the girl)

I don't give a fuck about the girl or the flowers, but you are wrong far more than you know, or want to admit. :thumb:

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
A bouquet? Second date? Looks and sounds needy. Waaaaaaaaay to early!

On an anniversary, in a serious relationship for a bouquet. Or a birthday, only if you've dated awhile.

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2011, 08:45 AM
A bouquet? Second date? Looks and sounds needy. Waaaaaaaaay to early!

On an anniversary, in a serious relationship for a bouquet. Or a birthday, only if you've dated awhile.

That's my argument.

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I just called my daughter at FSU to ask, and she wanted to know what it cost first. When she heard that, she thought it was retarded, because it was a poor investment as a waste of money that early.

I asked her to ask other girls she lives with.

RockChalk
09-25-2011, 09:36 AM
If it gets a girl wet, it's never too early.

this is the proper response

FAX
09-25-2011, 09:42 AM
I always sent flowers after the first date. If, that is, the girl was cool and I liked her. Sometimes roses, sometimes not. I sent them even if I didn't expect to call her back.

FAX THE AMOROUS

Dayze
09-25-2011, 09:48 AM
thankfully, my wife's favorite flower is a carnation and not roses. . Winning.

threebag
09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
You only give flowers as apology for ****ing her friend.

Chocolate if she finds out you had your dick sucked.

Brock
09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
LMAO Your friend is a lamer.

gblowfish
09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I didn't start buying my wife flowers until we were engaged. Been married 17 years, and buy the wife a dozen roses ever couple months or so. Sometimes just out of the blue, because I love her, and she loves getting flowers.

To each his own. Second date is probably a bit soon, unless you work for a florist.

luv
09-25-2011, 10:16 AM
One or two roses is a sweet gesture. An entire bouquet? Awkward.

Fire Me Boy!
09-25-2011, 10:27 AM
You must be buying the supermarket flowers. My wife would give me the same ho-hum response for those but really likes the full bouquet.

Nope. The few times I've bought her flowers, they've been nice stuff from a real florist. Why is it hard to believe that some women just aren't into flowers? She honestly responds a lot better when I show up with something she commented about something she wanted out of the blue a couple months earlier. That shows that not only do I listen, but I remember and was thinking about her. Flowers are a no-thought gift and a waste, IMO.

4th and Long
09-25-2011, 10:29 AM
One or two roses is a sweet gesture. An entire bouquet? Awkward.
That covers it nicely.

Lonewolf Ed
09-25-2011, 10:34 AM

They are a great way to make her see you as a nice guy, then it's game over for you.

FAX
09-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Pshaw (sp?).

Sure, there's a chance that the recipient might consider flowers "lame". However, I often didn't know if I was going to call the girl again ... or even be in the same town again. Then again, you never know. A simple, symbolic gift was a way of demonstrating respect and acknowledging that I enjoyed the date.

Plus, if I were to ever call her again, the odds of removing her undergarments with my teeth improved dramatically.

FAX

Ming the Merciless
09-25-2011, 10:44 AM
basically I am gonna side with you....its too early BUT

Sometimes in life you gotta roll the dice, he did...and she liked it

Props to him if he really likes her...maybe they are right for each other?

TimeForWasp
09-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Give them a planted flower or a plant of some kind and see if they care for it.

</post>
09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
IMO, it just depends on what kind of signal you're trying to send.

Okie_Apparition
09-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Did he want to get a blood sample to have it tested for AIDS? Then it's fine

WhiteWhale
09-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Showing up 15 minutes late with lipstick on my neck has gotten me tail more often than flowers (or any gift THAT early in a relationship) ever have.

Which is, in my opinion, completely backwards. I don't create the rules though, I just play by them.

jspchief
09-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Just remember to sing "every rose has its thorn" later that night when you're giving her the shocker.

Easy 6
09-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Through many years of trial & error, i've learned that i NEVER want to be the 'nice' guy.

They might say its great, but inside they're saying 'pushover'.

09-25-2011, 01:24 PM
You mean the day that they triple the price? If you're only going to do it one day, and one day only, go anniversary. The flower shop won't know when that is so they can't gouge you.I don't buy my wife flowers so it doesn't really matter to me.

What brand of vacuum did you buy her?
I'm not stupid. Jewelry. Luckily, she doesn't have expensive taste.

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Through many years of trial & error, i've learned that i NEVER want to be the 'nice' guy.

They might say its great, but inside they're saying 'pushover'.

Yup! Smacks of desperation. But it's okay to be a nice guy, just not too nice.