PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs That game was too close for comfort

MTG#10
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
If we keep playing like that we may actually win a few games against shitty teams and our hopes for Luck will be squashed. Thank God Cassel bailed us out in the end. :clap:

BigOlChiefsfan
09-25-2011, 05:18 PM
M. Cassel...where the M means "M"-plode!

bishop_74
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
We are not getting Luck. Sorry.

Ming the Merciless
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
fucking moron.....

58-4ever
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM

This. This team will fuck up and win 5 games this year

Robo-Chachi
09-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey, Seattle won.

chiefqueen
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM

IMO if we were to have the #1 overall he & his father may pull an Elway and Eli Manning & force a trade out of KC. Remember KC has NEVER groomed a franchise QB the team itself drafted.

ForeverChiefs58
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Cassel is in on it. He is president of the Suck4Luck campaign.

FloridaMan88
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
There is really nothing to worry with Cassel under center.

He is John Elway when it comes to comebacks to keep Suck for Luck alive and well.

bishop_74
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
After today I just don't see us being the "worst" team with the #1 pick. I know it will be painful and no fun to even watch this year, but we won't have the #1 pick either.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
You do not deserve to have a Bubbles avatar.

Three7s
09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
After today I just don't see us being the "worst" team with the #1 pick. I know it will be painful and no fun to even watch this year, but we won't have the #1 pick either.
We'll find out next week against Minnesota. If we get beat by them, it's a guarantee. Minnesota is freaking terrible.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
This suck for Luck sh** has got to stop. I know Cassel is awful and needs to be gone but this team was just in place to win against San Diego with a minute left and you "fans" can sit here and say ehh hey this game was good for the "suck for luck" campaign. Seriously? Wow.

Three7s
09-25-2011, 05:30 PM
This suck for Luck shit has got to stop. I know Cassel is awful and needs to be gone but this team was just in place to win against San Diego with a minute left and you "fans" can sit here and say ehh hey this game was good for the "suck for luck" campaign. Seriously? Wow.
Another person who enjoys wailing in the tides of mediocre/shitty football.

FloridaMan88
This suck for Luck shit has got to stop. I know Cassel is awful and needs to be gone but this team was just in place to win against San Diego with a minute left and you "fans" can sit here and say ehh hey this game was good for the "suck for luck" campaign. Seriously? Wow.

You are rooting for the sinking Titanic.

This team has no future without a franchise QB.

Mr. Arrowhead
This suck for Luck sh** has got to stop. I know Cassel is awful and needs to be gone but this team was just in place to win against San Diego with a minute left and you "fans" can sit here and say ehh hey this game was good for the "suck for luck" campaign. Seriously? Wow.

if you dont wanna read or hear it about it then dont read the post

Crush
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM

Because the fluke win would launch us to the Super Bowl right?

Robo-Chachi
Come on, guys. They could still go 4-12!!

acarter25
Another person who enjoys wailing in the tides of mediocre/shitty football.

No, another person who has pride for his organization. If you can seriously sit here after that and all you think about is this pathetic Suck for Luck, then you are sickening.

Crush
09-25-2011, 05:34 PM
No, another person who has pride for his organization. If you can seriously sit here after that and all you think about is this pathetic Suck for Luck, then you are sickening.

Pride? Fuck pride, I want this team to win Super Bowls.

FloridaMan88
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM

If you have pride in this organization you would root for what is their best long term hopes for success which is getting a franchise QB such as Luck.

A future with Cassel equals more games like you saw today.

Do you want that if you really have "pride in this organization"???

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Pride? **** pride, I want this team to win Super Bowls.

F*** Pride? Yep, that about sums it all up.

Sucky
09-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Definitely too close for comfort

tredadda
09-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Honestly I don't see why some want us to win this year. What will it honestly accomplish besides keeping us from what this team desperately needs, a franchise QB. We are in no way good enough to win it all, and any wins hinder our chances at long term success. It is obvious that trying to build around a career back up is not the way to go based off of 40 years of data on this team.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
If you have pride in this organization you would root for what is their best long term hopes for success which is getting a franchise QB such as Luck.

A future with Cassel equals more games like you saw today.

Do you want that if you really have "pride in this organization"???

I want them to address the QB situation, but hell no I do not want to root for this team to lose. Sorry I have no desire to be the worst team in the NFL, and oops I forgot Luck will take us to the Superbowl, hands down. My mistake, carry on.

Crush
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
F*** Pride? Yep, that about sums it all up.

You go ahead and cheer your little heart out. Guess what? This team is not going to win shit. Deal with it. When Luck's name is called at the podium and wins that first Super Bowl within the first five years, will do me a favor? Don't celebrate with the rest of us, because "true fans" like yourself do not deserve to have a franchise QB. You just keep cheering for mediocrity. I fucking tired of this team being mediocre. This season is a much needed enema.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
You go ahead and cheer your little heart out. Guess what? This team is not going to win shit. Deal with it. When Luck's name is called at the podium and wins that first Super Bowl within the first five years, will do me a favor? Don't celebrate with the rest of us, because "true fans" like yourself do not deserve to have a franchise QB. You just keep cheering for mediocrity. I ****ing tired of this team being mediocre. This season is a much needed enema.

Oh I'll be stoked if we get Luck, but am I going to root for us to lose? Hell no, if we play the entire season and end up being the worst team, yeah I will be super excited to see luck drafted. I have no reason to argue with you, it's a waste of my time.

Crush
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh I'll be stoked if we get Luck, but am I going to root for us to lose? Hell no, if we play the entire season and end up being the worst team, yeah I will be super excited to see luck drafted. I have no reason to argue with you, it's a waste of my time.

Long-term success vs short-term success. This season means absolutely nothing to me.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM
You go ahead and cheer your little heart out. Guess what? This team is not going to win shit. Deal with it. When Luck's name is called at the podium and wins that first Super Bowl within the first five years, will do me a favor? Don't celebrate with the rest of us, because "true fans" like yourself do not deserve to have a franchise QB. You just keep cheering for mediocrity. I ****ing tired of this team being mediocre. This season is a much needed enema.

Oh and I have absolutely no reason to cheer for my team to lose every game so they can draft some guy who has never taken a snap in an NFL game. Let me ask you this, do you remember how excited you were to draft Dorsey because everyone was saying he was the best DLine prospect in NFL history?

Robo-Chachi
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm willing to take my chances on Luck panning out in the NFL.

58kcfan89
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
God forbid some of us try to find the silver lining in this shitcloud that is the 2011 Kansas City Chiefs....

Did anyone honestly think we were going to pull that out? Even if we had gotten into FG range, Succop was due for a miss. I find it's a lot easier to detach myself, just watch the game without getting too invested & not worry when the team loses (cause there's plenty more losses coming).

Crush
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh and I have absolutely no reason to cheer for my team to lose every game so they can draft some guy who has never taken a snap in an NFL game. Let me ask you this, do you remember how excited you were to draft Dorsey because everyone was saying he was the best DLine prospect in NFL history?

Yes because the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning and a college superstar DT being asked to play as a 3-4 DE are the same thing.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Yes because the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning and a college superstar DT being asked to play as a 3-4 DE are the same thing.

I agree they aren't entirely the same thing, just saying. Agree to disagree.

tredadda
09-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Considering he was a 4-3 DT that we converted to a 3-4 DE that is not a fair comparison. Luck will be a QB regardless of the offense we run. I would rather suck for a player that has never taken a snap in the NFL than suck (just not as bad) for a mediocre career backup QB.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Considering he was a 4-3 DT that we converted to a 3-4 DE that is not a fair comparison. Luck will be a QB regardless of the offense we run. I would rather suck for a player that has never taken a snap in the NFL than suck (just not as bad) for a mediocre career backup QB.

I agree with this, you are correct that the comparison isn't 100% equal. Although I do have a hard time accepting that this team will not address the QB situation in some way within the next year even if Luck isnt an option.

Messier
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the look on Haley's face at the end of the game made me have hope that Cassel's suckatude is not lost on the coaches, and even if Haley's not back after this year, it just seems the organization will, and is getting the message, we have no QB.

WhiteWhale
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Who the hell ever called Dorsey the best DL prospect in NFL history?

Hopefully people who were not being paid for such an opinion. Dorsey was a great player at LSU, but that's just ridiculous.

Third Eye
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM

"Pride" for "his" organization?

How exactly can one take pride in something they have absolutely nothing to do with? Take pride in your accomplishments, not those of others.

tredadda
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree with this, you are correct that the comparison isn't 100% equal. Although I do have a hard time accepting that this team will not address the QB situation in some way within the next year even if Luck isnt an option.

I agree, but how will they address it? With the consensus best QB prospect since Manning (or Elway), or another backup veteran QB? History says option 2 which is why we have to get the #1 pick so Pioli's hand will be forced instead of him using some excuse like there were no QBs available that they rated highly or some crap like that.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
"Pride" for "his" organization?

How exactly can one take pride in something they have absolutely nothing to do with? Take pride in your accomplishments, not those of others.

As having season tickets for almost 8 years and purchasing gear and watching every game since I was able to so, I consider myself a fan. As most would agree, there is no league without fans, so I think it's safe to say I have something to do with this organization.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I agree, but how will they address it? With the consensus best QB prospect since Manning (or Elway), or another backup veteran QB? History says option 2 which is why we have to get the #1 pick so Pioli's hand will be forced instead of him using some excuse like there were no QBs available that they rated highly or some crap like that.

lol I agree. I would love to see Luck here and would be 100% stoked about it, but I just can't root for us to lose. That's all. So again, agree to disagree.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Fuck Pride

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/49040_100000572214926_2963473_n.jpg

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Bottom line is this team has too much talent to play as bad as they have.

They will win enough games to **** up the #1 draft slot.

Hopefully Pioli will trade the next 2 drafts to get it.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Keg in KC said it best...

I'm okay with losing - as long as it's like today; I can't handle blowouts. And I'll be thrilled if they get Luck. I don't think there's much of a chance they do, but I'll be thrilled by it.

What I can't do is sit and watch a game and actively root against them...

This is all I am trying to say, not trying to start big controversy. My fault.

DTLB58
09-25-2011, 06:14 PM

It's the only way to get a Franchise QB and the Chiefs aren't going to get any better till they get one. It was just three short seasons ago when the Lions were 0-16 now they are 3-0 the talk of the league with a Franchise QB (because of the 0-16) and on their way!

When you are in year 3 and Carolina and Cincy have a better passing game with rookie QB's it kinda tells you something. Look what Atlanta,Baltimore, Bucs and on and on did at their QB position just for example.

It's not very hard to figure out how to be successful in the NFL. But it's starts with a Franchie QB and a vertical passing game these days. The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust are long gone. Just look at the scoreboard after the first 3 weeks this season.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 06:16 PM
It's the only way to get a Franchise QB and the Chiefs aren't going to get any better till they get one. It was just three short seasons ago when the Lions were 0-16 now they are 3-0 the talk of the league with a Franchise QB (because of the 0-16) and on their way!

When you are in year 3 and Carolina and Cincy have a better passing game with rookie QB's it kinda tells you something. Look what Atlanta,Baltimore, Bucs and on and on did at their QB position just for example.

It's not very hard to figure out how to be successful in the NFL. But it's starts with a Franchie QB and a vertical passing game these days. The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust are long gone. Just look at the scoreboard after the first 3 weeks this season.

Hey I agree with all of this. I'm just simply saying I can't find the mood that some are finding that makes me happy to see us lose.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Bottom line is this team has too much talent to play as bad as they have.

They will win enough games to **** up the #1 draft slot.

Why would he do that. Trading 2 drafts for one pick is equally as dumb as everyone getting their hopes up for the #1 pick.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Why would he do that. Trading 2 drafts for one pick is equally as dumb as everyone getting their hopes up for the #1 pick.

Hyperbole.

I wouldn't condone that. But I would condone several high picks in 2012 to move up to get him.

BigRichard
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
As having season tickets for almost 8 years and purchasing gear and watching every game since I was able to so, I consider myself a fan. As most would agree, there is no league without fans, so I think it's safe to say I have something to do with this organization.

So you are to blame?

tredadda
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Maybe we will Luck out and not get the #1 pick, but the #2 instead with STL getting #1. Then we could give up our first and second rounder and next years first to move up to get Luck. It seems like alot, but it is far less then we would have to give up if we finish farther away from the #1 spot.

acarter25
09-25-2011, 06:35 PM
So you are to blame?

Precisely, that I am.

Rausch
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM

LMAO

cdcox
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM
IMO if we were to have the #1 overall he & his father may pull an Elway and Eli Manning & force a trade out of KC. Remember KC has NEVER groomed a franchise QB the team itself drafted.

No one in the coaching-management-ownership tree has been in charge of the Chiefs more than a few years. Most of that history is moot.

NJChiefsFan
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
No one in the coaching-management-ownership tree has been in charge of the Chiefs more than a few years. Most of that history is moot.

They have also never really tried. Technically their record for grooming QBs is clean. They haven't failed since they have almost never tried.

Ugly Duck
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I can't find the mood that some are finding that makes me happy to see us lose.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHTeq3klVZY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHTeq3klVZY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Oh Snap
09-25-2011, 08:29 PM

well lick my hole! Not with that attitude we wont! This is where losing two of our most winnable games early on may actually be a blessing in disguise. There is no chance we beat any of the teams in the second half of our schedule. I could see us beating the manningless colts though, which could really fuck us.

Brianfo
09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
****ing moron.....

This.

GloryDayz
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM

When you get more posts under your belt, then tell us what we should and shouldn't do...

SUCK FOR LUCK GDI!!!

Bump
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM

I bet Vegas odds would have us to be the most likely to get it. We need to get it, this could change everything for a long time.