PDA

View Full Version : Football Is The Rat getting his groove back

Okie_Apparition
09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Cowboys say bad snaps were caused by Redskins’ cheating

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 27, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT

ReutersThe Dallas Cowboys had several botched shotgun snaps on Monday night, with center Phil Costa hiking the ball to Tony Romo before Romo was ready. After the game, the Cowboys said that was because the Redskins were cheating.

NFL rules prohibit defensive players from making “disconcerting signals” by pretending to call out the quarterback’s cadence, but Romo said after the game that’s exactly what some Redskins defensive linemen were doing.

“We’ve got to get the snap thing worked out,” Romo said. “Costa said the D-line kept calling out the snap count. We’ll get that worked out. We’ll tell the league and see if that’s something that can be fixed because you’re not supposed to be able to do that. So we’ll see. But we can’t have that happen. We shouldn’t have been in that situation.”

ESPNDallas.com suggested that former Cowboys defensive end Stephen Bowen, who now plays for the Redskins, might have helped the Redskins learn Romo’s cadences to fool Costa into snapping the ball.

Disconcerting signals happen often in the NFL but are rarely called. Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck accused Broncos defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson of doing the same thing on Sunday.

For his part, Costa says he won’t blame anyone but himself for the botched snaps.

“I mean, you’ve got to take the blame for it,” Costa said. “And right now, get that problem fixed, without a doubt, and move on to the Lions.”

With Ndamukong Suh coming to town, Costa has his hands full this week.

Rain Man
09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
It's funny that that would even work. If you're a pro football player with 70,000 yelling fans, it seems like you'd have already figured out how to filter out extraneous noise.

dannybcaitlyn
09-27-2011, 06:43 PM
If it were such a big problem they should have ditched the shot gun and took it from under center.

Buck
09-27-2011, 06:54 PM
I was playing tight end in high school and on the very first offensive play of a game, someone on the defense yelled, "No," which I mistook for "Go." False start, 5 yard penalty. Next snap we scored an 80 yard touchdown.

Buck
09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Dallas cheated too. While they were on offense they unleashed massive bug creatures on the Redskins defense. There is proof somewhere out there.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

crispystl
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Dallas cheated too. While they were on offense they unleashed massive bug creatures on the Redskins defense. There is proof somewhere out there.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Belichick is the Hoodie you're the Snuggie.

Marcellus
09-27-2011, 07:13 PM
It's funny that that would even work. If you're a pro football player with 70,000 yelling fans, it seems like you'd have already figured out how to filter out extraneous noise.

The Cowboys let their good center go and kept a guy who hadn't played center before to save $.

Looks like it worked out fine.

driver2
09-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Players have been doing this s__t since the league was formed in the 1920's. Hell Butkus
used to blow snot on the ball at the LOS. Grow a pair and quit whining you pussy plowboys.

Demonpenz
09-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Players have been doing this s__t since the league was formed in the 1920's. Hell Butkus
used to blow snot on the ball at the LOS. Grow a pair and quit whining you pussy plowboys.

butkus later dropped off vhs copies of my 2 dads at players houses

Ugly Duck
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Butkus used to blow snot on the ball at the LOS.

Raiders O-line in the 70's used to chew raw garlic before a game. Then they'd breath into the D-line's faces to make them sick. Hold the players down during trench warfare & just "haaaaawwww" rancid garlic breath from an inch away. The good ol' days!