PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If it’s KC for Luck, Dad knows the territory

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2011, 10:45 PM
If it’s KC for Luck, Dad knows the territory (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/27/3171851/if-its-kc-for-luck-dad-knows-the.html)

Father of Stanford QB knows KC
West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck didn’t need his program caught up in Big 12 expansion rumors to be connected with this part of the country.

Chiefs fans are beginning to become familiar with his son, Andrew, the Stanford quarterback who is widely viewed as the top prospect for the 2012 NFL draft.

While attending an athletic director’s conference Tuesday in Grapevine, Texas, Oliver Luck said that he doesn’t play favorites with teams that could draft his son. But if it’s the Chiefs, he has a comfort level with the organization.

While working in NFL Europe, he reported to the late Chiefs owner, Lamar Hunt. And before getting his current job, Luck developed a friendship through his work in soccer with current Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt, Lamar’s son.

“I’ve always felt a connection to the Hunts and Kansas City,” Luck said. “Kansas City’s a nice place, it really is. But it’s a long season. A lot of things can happen.”

As for West Virginia as a Big 12 expansion candidate and realignment, Luck would not comment.

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2011, 10:46 PM
It's MOTHERFUCKING DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 10:51 PM
COME SON OF OLIVER!

WV
09-27-2011, 10:53 PM
GO Mountaineers......I've been trying to find a way to make this connection, Thanks!

Bump
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
I was meant to be. It's going to be fucking glorious! There are gonna be some epic battles in the AFC West vs the Chargers for another decade. It's gonna be EPIC!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Writing is on the wall

CoMoChief
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm starting to think we are going to tank this season....Haley won't get fired...we're going to play the system against itself, and We'll be in position to draft Luck. This is coming down from Clark Hunt....Cassel fortunately is the scapegoat QB, and we'll trade him to a QB starved team like Seattle for a 2nd day pick. All things will be pointing up.

Have faith Chiefs fans.

Dave Lane
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
We can lose it all!!!!

Dante84
Off to the Andrew Luck Masterbatorium!!!

BossChief
Sounds like two little talked about debates/talking points can be put to rest:

1) Luck might not come out after this year because he has one more year of eligibility.

2) Luck might do #1 because he wouldn't want to play in KC.

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Hold on now. I was told by KnoMo that Luck might pull an Eli and go to Denver. This story must be false.

Dante84
09-27-2011, 11:03 PM

1) Luck might not come out after this year because he has one more year of eligibility.

1. He would be crazy to risk injury and pass up 22 million, or whatever #1 is going for these days. Holding out a year does nothing for his pocketbook and does put it at risk.

2. Who's to say who the worst team in 2012 will be, if not us again?

Mr. Laz
09-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm starting to think we are going to tank this season....Haley won't get fired...we're going to play the system against itself, and We'll be in position to draft Luck. This is coming down from Clark Hunt....Cassel fortunately is the scapegoat QB, and we'll trade him to a QB starved team like Seattle for a 2nd day pick. All things will be pointing up.

Have faith Chiefs fans.http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:04 PM

Have faith Chiefs fans.

If we play the way we did in the second half of the SD game and keep most of the games close, but end with a terrible record...I dont think they should fire Haley due to injuries that would have made the difference.

That said, if we go through that late stretch of games against really good teams and look like we did in the first two weeks, there is no way Haley should keep his job.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 11:04 PM

He would've been pushing his luck (pun not intended) if he would've stayed one more year anyway.

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 11:07 PM
If we play the way we did in the second half of the SD game and keep most of the games close, but end with a terrible record...I dont think they should fire Haley due to injuries that would have made the difference.

That said, if we go through that late stretch of games against really good teams and look like we did in the first two weeks, there is no way Haley should keep his job.

Playing every game like that SD game would be the perfect situation. The teams shows promise except for the QB.

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:07 PM
1. He would be crazy to risk injury and pass up 22 million, or whatever #1 is going for these days. Holding out a year does nothing for his pocketbook and does put it at risk.

2. Who's to say who the worst team in 2012 will be, if not us again?

1) he would have been the top pick last year and passed...some here (not me) pointed to that as reason to think he may want to play out his senior year (eligibility wise) instead of coming out this year.

2) huh? Some here thought Luck may decide to return to college for his last year if we got the top pick because he wouldn't want to play here. Again, not me.

Rausch
09-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Perhaps I'm just a pessimist but the idea of the Chiefs ever getting "Luck" seems like a far off and unlikely possibility...

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Playing every game like that SD game would be the perfect situation. The teams shows promise except for the QB.

absolutely.

My hope for 2011:

keep the games close and give the young guys a chance to play to see what we have and dont have...but lose em all.

I wonder if Haley called Herm and asked his advise on how to do exactly that during the week leading up to the SD game?

Dante84
09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
1) he would have been the top pick last year and passed...some here (not me) pointed to that as reason to think he may want to play out his senior year (eligibility wise) instead of coming out this year.

2) huh? Some here thought Luck may decide to return to college for his last year if we got the top pick because he wouldn't want to play here. Again, not me.

1 - He was a 20/21 year old sophomore, which would make him one of the earliest players to leave. He also would have been up against Bradford for the #1 spot. This year he is another year older, with a good body of work, and no competition whatsoever for the #1 spot. It's as good a situation as can be, from that standpoint.

Unless he just, wants to finish college.

2 - If he stays another year just because it's us at the #1 spot, my point was, well, how does he know who will be in the #1 spot next year, if not us again?

The risk/reward is a no brainer. He would be the worlds biggest fool to not leave this year. Also, it's not like we are the goddamned Raiders or Browns. KC is a pretty cool team to play for, all things considered.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2011, 11:21 PM
The last time I had this feeling it was all the Pioli/Cassel speculation.

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 11:24 PM
The last time I had this feeling it was all the Pioli/Cassel speculation.

A lot more variables involved in this situation.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 11:26 PM
I think Clark told Pioli and Haley to suck for Luck before the season even began.

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:28 PM
I think Clark told Pioli and Haley to suck for Luck before the season even began.

Me 2

I honestly wonder if the first three injuries were faked, too.

I also question the validity of the Flowers injury, too.

The timing of all 4 of those injuries were PERFECT for the S4L campaign.

Having Cassel is just the frosting...the dont have to tell him anything but "get out there and do your best"

Rausch
09-27-2011, 11:31 PM

I think Haley is a Herm-level stupidity hire and he's proven his ineptitude in as much time.

And it's time to go...

Rausch
09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Me 2

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Maybe "faked" is a bit overstated.

Lets go with "over diagnosed"

Trainer to coaches and Pioli: This Moeaki kid has a tendon strain, but if its rested, he should be able to make a full recovery in 3 weeks at the max.

Pioli: looks torn to me
Haley: me 2

Hunt: Get Dr Andrews on the phone. Lets make sure we are all on the same page here.

something like that is entirely possible.

Its like playing chess...sometimes you sacrifice your queen to take the attention off the fact that you are moving in on the king.

(I'm not totally serious with this)

Hammock Parties
09-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Me 2

There is no way those injuries were faked.

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:58 PM
(I'm not totally serious with this).

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
This is going to be a long 7 months...

09-28-2011, 12:11 AM

Imagine the meltdown this place will have if we win that one game we shouldn't too.

Dante84
09-28-2011, 12:17 AM

It will be a long 14 weeks, as we will know on January 1st if we have the pick or not.

If we get it, there is no way we don't take him.

If we don't get the #1 pick, it will be a very long 7 months of trade rumors, which will likely culminate on Draft Day, and we will most likely be let down.

We need the #1 spot. Plain and simple. #2 won't do.

Hootie
09-28-2011, 01:41 AM
I would love to see it...it would be typical Rick luck...

we get #1 and the dumbass stays in college

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2011, 03:36 AM
I would love to see it...it would be typical Rick luck...

we get #1 and the dumbass stays in college

It would be insane for him to stay for his Sr. season. His stock will never be higher than it is now.

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2011, 05:43 AM
http://www.dechl.com/image/headlines/Deal%20Done%20copy.jpg

tredadda
09-28-2011, 05:59 AM

I disagree. To me if we play too many games like the SD one, eventually our QB will pull out a win or two. That could push us out of the Luck sweepstakes. I want no chance of us winning. Blowouts do suck, but they will be worth it if we get Luck.

patteeu
09-28-2011, 06:06 AM
I was meant to be. It's going to be ****ing glorious! There are gonna be some epic battles in the AFC West vs the Chargers for another decade. It's gonna be EPIC!

Two hillbilly-helmed franchises doing it Hatfield and McCoy style. I'm in.

milkman
09-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Two hillbilly-helmed franchises doing it Hatfield and McCoy style. I'm in.

It'll be more like Ellie Mae and Sonny Drysdale.

Okie_Apparition
09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Eli refused to go to San Diego & he was right. He's won a super bowl in New York while San Diego has a QB with twice the talent & they just fail year after year.

ModSocks
09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
It kinda does feel like destiny. The Injuries + the Schedule.....The Odd things that have been occurring this season...Like Succop completely shitting the bed, the odd penalties, the turnovers just not falling our way.....Are the Stars finally aligning for us?

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
It kinda does feel like destiny. The Injuries + the Schedule.....The Odd things that have been occurring this season...Like Succop completely shitting the bed, the odd penalties, the turnovers just not falling our way.....Are the Stars finally aligning for us?

http://www.thefusionist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/planeteers.jpeg

Three7s
09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Eli refused to go to San Diego & he was right. He's won a super bowl in New York while San Diego has a QB with twice the talent & they just fail year after year.
I'm not totally sure, but I think the main reason he didn't want to go to San Diego is because he wouldn't be starting as soon as he'd like, thanks to Drew Brees. Rivers had to wait until 06 for that reason.

ModSocks
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm not totally sure, but I think the main reason he didn't want to go to San Diego is because he wouldn't be starting as soon as he'd like, thanks to Drew Brees. Rivers had to wait until 06 for that reason.

Pretty sure you're wrong. They basically blasted the ownership. Said they weren't committed to winning.

Brock
09-28-2011, 11:24 AM

No, that is definitely not true.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
http://www.thefusionist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/planeteers.jpeg

cassel!
haley!
charles!
berry!
tony!

by their fuckups combined we drafted CAPTAAAAAAAAAAAAIN LUCK

http://i56.tinypic.com/2pphf2b.jpg

Okie_Apparition
09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Archie Manning thought AJ Smith was da debil or something

Three7s
09-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Even so, despite Manning's Super Bowl title, I'd much rather have Rivers at this point.

Okie_Apparition
09-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Keep fingering that pullet

The Bad Guy
09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Hahahaha. That sound was the rope tightening around KnowMo's neck.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Even so, despite Manning's Super Bowl title, I'd much rather have Rivers at this point.

At this point right now, yes, because Peyton has a neck injury.

But get real here. Rivers has won nothing all while having a great deal of talent around him.

I love Rivers, but I'm not taking him over a healthy Peyton.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Eli wanted a major market, and he also thought the Chargers were a complete team of suck. His daddy forced him into a major market.

The Franchise

But get real here. Rivers has won nothing all while having a great deal of talent around him.

I believe they're talking about Eli.

patteeu

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Eli.

the Talking Can
09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
IT'S OUR DENSITY!

Gravedigger
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
COME SON OF OLIVER!

LMAO, good shit

Hammock Parties
09-28-2011, 12:16 PM
IT'S OUR DENSITY!

GIMME A MILK

CHOCOLATE

Darth Vader is gonna come down from Planet Vulcan and melt Cassel's brain.

Valiant
09-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Me 2

Having Cassel is just the frosting...the dont have to tell him anything but "get out there and do your best"

As great as that would. It would be franchise suicide when caught if they faked injuries like that. Cassel can lose any game on his own, so no throwing games charge. Now proving that hiring muir was valid, would be tricky if not for al davis hirings.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh yeah, i'd take Rivers over Eli.

notorious
09-28-2011, 05:56 PM

This.

Well, at least a long 3 1/2 months.

rocknrolla
09-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Me 2

So when do you think Bowe will go down?

Titty Meat
09-28-2011, 06:43 PM
We're gonna win our next 2 games and fuck this up.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Bowe is in a contract year, can't fake an injury with him.

ChiefGator
09-28-2011, 06:53 PM

When he can't take it anymore. I think the rule in Arrowhead is.. if you can't handle losing, than "pull an ACL". Otherwise, get your miserable ass on the field and LOSE GOD DAMNIT!!

ChiefGator
09-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Bowe is in a contract year, can't fake an injury with him.

Oh yeah.. well, once he gets his extension.