PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jon Baldwin mum on injury incident

Tribal Warfare
09-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Jon Baldwin mum on injury incident (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7032146/jon-baldwin-kansas-city-chiefs-trying-return-quickly)
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jon Baldwin bristled at the notion that he's a diva, or anything short of a team player, even though the Chiefs wide receiver has missed his entire rookie season so far after hurting his thumb in an altercation with a teammate.

The first-round draft pick spoke for the first time Wednesday since the injury.

Baldwin said that he's been catching balls and running routes, and he hopes to be back on the field soon, even though he's leaving it up to coach Todd Haley to determine when that might be as the Chiefs prepare to host the Vikings in a matchup of 0-3 teams.

"I'm very eager. I'm a competitor," said Baldwin, who was listed as limited on the practice report Wednesday. "I'm just eager to get back there as soon as I can."

Baldwin had a somewhat-tarnished reputation during his otherwise-successful career at Pittsburgh, where he was labeled by some critics as aloof. Still, the Chiefs gambled on his undeniable talent and imposing physical stature -- he's 6-foot-4, 230 pounds -- and selected him 26th overall.

He was supposed to provide a deep threat to complement breakout star Dwayne Bowe, but his injury during training camp put the brakes on everything. Even though Baldwin has been at every team meeting and been a staple on the sidelines at practice, the missed time has kept him from getting up to speed and building a rapport with quarterback Matt Cassel.

"It's disappointing not to be out there with my teammates," Baldwin said. "I really want to be out there with those guys, so I'm just doing everything as far as rehabbing and being out there."

When asked whether Baldwin believes he's a good teammate, he said "definitely."

"I'm around them every day, so they know what kind of person I am," Baldwin said, gazing around the locker room. "They know what kind of person I am, what I'm like."

Baldwin's big-play potential can't arrive soon enough for a Chiefs offense that has struggled mightily through three losses to start the season. Kansas City is ranked 30th in the league in total offense, and just 31st in passing offense.

"It's definitely going to help (having Baldwin available)," running back Dexter McCluster said. "He can run, he's physical, he can block, so that's another person that they have to worry about."

McCluster said his rookie season last year was a big adjustment, but he didn't want to speculate how much the missed time has set Baldwin back.

"He just needs to get used to game speed again, but the fast he comes along, the better we'll be," McCluster said. "It was a big adjustment for me, but everybody is different, so maybe not (for him). Hope not."

Deberg_1990
09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
How is his "Deep play potential" any worth when we have Captain Dinky D*pshit at QB?

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2011, 08:23 AM
How is his "Deep play potential" any worth when we have Captain Dinky D*pshit at QB?

We're hoping to Luck out and have his potential pay dividends in future years.

luv
09-29-2011, 08:24 AM

Depends. Is he the type of receiver that makes QBs look better than they are?

TEX
09-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Baldwin = Total diva. This is the idiot who started us down the season form hell path. F*CK him till next year. Then I'll wipe the slate clean. He doesn't need to do anything to screw up the path we're on this year.

Coogs
09-29-2011, 08:25 AM
My guess is since he was staying at Cassel's house, he was probably popping off in the locker room about what a great QB Cassel was. Jones had to put him in his place.

luv
09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Baldwin = Total diva.

Didn't people consider Tony to be a diva?

TEX
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM

Exactly! Future dividends...

loochy
09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
http://www.free-graphics.com/clipart/Occasions/Mothers-Day/mum-mothers-day.jpg

TEX
09-29-2011, 08:30 AM

Yes. Some did but not the same type. This guy is militant.

lcarus
09-29-2011, 08:35 AM

Imagine an offense of Luck, Charles, McClain, McCluster, Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki. With a pretty decent young offensive line? Yes please!

loochy
09-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Imagine an offense of Luck, Charles, McClain, McCluster, Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki. With a pretty decent young offensive line? Yes please!

Good lord it's amazing the difference that one man can make

Sofa King
09-29-2011, 08:42 AM

That's what she said!

cookster50
09-29-2011, 08:58 AM

More of a metro-diva

loochy
09-29-2011, 08:58 AM
That's what she said!

No, it's not. :(

luv
09-29-2011, 09:08 AM

Amen!

NY CHIEF
09-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey it wont hurt..... We need 1 more person to catch 2 yard passes :banghead:

Sofa King
09-29-2011, 09:28 AM

Amen!

Yes it is.

lcarus
09-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey it wont hurt..... We need 1 more person to catch 2 yard passes :banghead:

We need a blocker for McClusters -2 yard slot bubble screen.