PDA

View Full Version : Life What is your first memory in life?

Stewie
09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
We had this discussion at work today.

One guy said he remembered being born. We said BS! I've seen that on the Interwebs that this isn't uncommon.

Mine was being in a high chair as an infant around the dinner table. I have no idea the context of that memory.

The Franchise
09-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Shitting my pants when I was like 5 years old. I was watching cartoons and I didn't want to get up and leave the TV.

This should make for some interesting FYP posts.

The Franchise
09-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Shitting my pants when I was like 30 years old. I was watching the Chiefs and I witnessed Matt Cassel throw a game ending INT.

FYP

Pants
09-29-2011, 04:00 PM
One is physically unable to remember being born as the hippocampus is not formed until the age between 2 to 3 years old.

kc rush
09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Playing with a Batmobile in our family's first house. I was between 2 and 3 years old. I still remember the layout of that house even though we moved out of there when I was 3.

Demonpenz
09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
I remember holding up my fingers to tell people how old i was (3) I couldn't really talk until I was for. People obviously thought (still do) that I was severly retarded

loochy
09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I can remember being so small that I couldn't really talk yet. There was this TV repair guy that looked like my Uncle David. I didn't know how to say "Hey Mom, he looks like Uncle David" so apparently I just kept saying "Uncle David" over and over to my mom and she kept saying "No, that's not Uncle David!" I got frustrated and started crying because she didn't understand what I meant. I guess I had to be about 3 or so.

My fiance remembers a hospital room that she was in when she was 2.

HemiEd
09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
3 years old, riding on the back of my big sisters (6) trike that had a box on it. She was pedaling us. It is but a momentary memory flash, but that is it.

CHIEFS SUCK!
09-29-2011, 04:11 PM
3 years old, riding on the back of my big sisters (6) trike that had a box on it. She was pedaling us. It is but a momentary memory flash, but that is it.

YOU RODE YOUR SISTER? THATS WEIRD... :banghead::cuss:

Stewie
09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
CHIEFS SUCK PUSSY!Better than sucking cock like you... deepthroater.

CrazyPhuD
09-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Waking up 3 weeks ago naked wondering why my ass hurt.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Sitting in my high chair back when we lived in Topeka, eating applesauce and a life saver. Saw a mouse run along the baseboard and either it scared me or I went to yell to mom and sucked the lifesaver down my throat and had a bit of a choking fit. I still remember how it hurt.

This was back in the days when parents would give little kids hard candy that could kill them and we jumped back and forth from the front seat to the back seat in a moving car and no one wore bicycle helmets or had even heard of them. Good times.

prhom
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
I remember playing in the hallway with this plastic yellow truck. It was early morning and the sun was just coming in the window. It made the carpet look really fuzzy and weird. I guess it stuck with me because that's as far back as I can remember. I was about 2.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I couldn't really talk until I was for.

And you still can't spell.

:D

chasedude
09-29-2011, 04:53 PM
I must've been 6 or so, was up on a Sat morning watching cartoons. I heard sirens go by the house and ran out to check and saw this really HUGE house go up in flames.

CoMoChief
09-29-2011, 04:59 PM
I remember being in a hospital in Peoria, IL.....had some surgeries when I was little because I was premature....don't remember being born, but I remember sitting on an operating table of some sort. I was prob around 1 yrs old.

Gonzo
09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I remember falling out of my crib when I was around 2. I guess that was pretty common, I'd always try to climb out of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
09-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't remember.

mikey23545
09-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Waking up 3 weeks ago naked wondering why my ass hurt.

Buck?

whoman69
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
I remember bits and pieces before I was five like watching Batman and Star Trek way back when. But the first experience I remember is our trip to St. Louis in '68 to watch the Cardinals. They lost to the Pirates that day. My brother got lost as he got separated from us trying to get Orlando Cepeda's autograph. I remember asking my dad why Bob Gibson wasn't pitching. I thought he pitched every day like I did.

chefsos
09-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Could be one of these:

I recall standing in the kitchen and watching JFK's funeral on TV. I would have been four then.

My mom had one of those old washers with a wringer on top (kind of like two rolling pins clamped together). It was fascinating, apparently. I climbed up on something next to the washer, stuck my finger in the wringer and it gobbled up my arm to the elbow before someone could shut it off or open it or something.

seclark
09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
i'm an old bastard, so 1st grade is about the best i can do.

mrs. davis
first grade teacher and bitch
about 6'4" and 210lbs of pure bitch
her legs looked like groundhogs...hairy...she was a bitch
hunched up shoulders...whiskers on her upper lip. bitch
forced me to eat spinach, saying, "we try everything on our tray". fucking bitch
i puked in her lap...bitch.
had to write on the blackboard 30 times, "i will not throw up in the lunch room." during recess...bitch cunt.
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember when I was five my dad took me down to the boar pen. He gave me gloves that I refused to wear.

Rain Man
09-29-2011, 06:09 PM
I have several memories from a house that we left when I was four. Probably the earliest memory was sitting in my crib looking out through the slats like a little prison inmate, watching my older sister throw a doll tea party on the floor.

And I think I've told this before, but I also remember my first lie. I was a little nipper sitting in my high chair, and I wanted to get down. That tray was blocking me, but I'd seen my mother take it off and thought, "I can do this." (And I completely remember this, by the way, even the thought process.) So I was fiddling with the clasps underneath the tray and got them off, but hadn't thought about, you know, what would happen to the tray. So it falls off onto the floor making a big constellation of corn kernels and I was thinking, "Well, that's no good." My mother comes over and is grumbling and says, "How did that happen? I must not have hooked it on right", and I thought to myself, "You know, it's probably best if I just keep quiet about this."

And with that, a lifetime of lies and deception was born.

Phobia
09-29-2011, 06:10 PM
The most amazing feeling of vaginal wall ever. It was all around me. Just a completely outrageous experience.

listopencil
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
My first birthday. I was sitting in my Mom's lap at a wooden picnic table in our back yard. My oldest sister was sitting next to me. My youngest sister and my brother were running around playing with some of the neighbor kids that had shown up. I was being fed cake. I remember looking up at my middle sister's bedroom window (it was a two story house), trying to see her. I was upset because she had been sent to her room for misbehaving and she didn't get any cake. I confirmed this story with my mother. She was stunned that I remember it, and corroborated every detail.

Rasputin
09-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow, this really aint something I try to remember much because of nightmares I get as a result. As I was 4-5 yo boy my mom would move from town to town hooking up with loser boy friends that would beat me & my brother. One guy would shove me in the trunk of the car and duck tape my brother in the back seat because he didn't want us being brats to each other. I have vivid memories of these things that happened too us.

We were soon taken away from them after the step dad forced a spoon down my throught because I wouldn't eat my peas. FUCK YOU ASS HOLE I STILL WONT EAT PEAS.

God bless our Grandparents for taking us out of hell and adoptiong us. I love them for giving me a home. I sure do miss them :(.

crispystl
I must've been 6 or so, was up on a Sat morning watching cartoons. I heard sirens go by the house and ran out to check and saw this really HUGE house go up in flames.

Your first memory was at age six? You don't remember your first day of school?

Frazod
I can remember looking out of my crib as well - I can remember a nearby table that had blocks and stuff on it.

Rain Man
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Wow, this really aint something I try to remember much because of nightmares I get as a result. As I was 4-5 yo boy my mom would move from town to town hooking up with loser boy friends that would beat me & my brother. One guy would shove me in the trunk of the car and duck tape my brother in the back seat because he didn't want us being brats to each other. I have vivid memories of these things that happened too us.

We were soon taken away from them after the step dad forced a spoon down my throught because I wouldn't eat my peas. **** YOU ASS HOLE I STILL WONT EAT PEAS.

God bless our Grandparents for taking us out of hell and adoptiong us. I love them for giving me a home. I sure do miss them :(.

Um...my sister had a tea party. With her dolls.

Sorry to hear about your rough start in life. People are, in general, scum. Glad you got out of that situation.

Rasputin
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I remember Cookie Crisp being my favorite cereal.

FAX
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
All I know is they said I was captured by a tribe of Sasquatches.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2011, 06:20 PM

We were soon taken away from them after the step dad forced a spoon down my throught because I wouldn't eat my peas. **** YOU ASS HOLE I STILL WONT EAT PEAS.

Wow !!! You should have ate your peas.

seclark
09-29-2011, 06:21 PM
All I know is they said I was captured by a tribe of Sasquatches.

FAX

that's that fuckin mrs. davis!!!
bitch.
sec

listopencil
09-29-2011, 06:21 PM

We were soon taken away from them after the step dad forced a spoon down my throught because I wouldn't eat my peas. FUCK YOU ASS HOLE I STILL WONT EAT PEAS.

A lot of times those memories get repressed and you end up dealing with the psychological "aftershocks" way down the road. Maybe it's better that you do remember, and have had time to deal with them from an adult perspective, before they rear up and bitch-slap you from your own past. That happens a lot.

listopencil
09-29-2011, 06:23 PM
I remember Cookie Crisp being my favorite cereal.

That stuff was great. Then one day I opened a box and it had some kind of boll weevil looking bugs in it. Killed it for me.

listopencil
09-29-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.nalusda.gov/speccoll/collect/history/images/ext6.jpg

Really, really fucking gross to find in your cereal.

Rasputin
09-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Um...my sister had a tea party. With her dolls.

Sorry to hear about your rough start in life. People are, in general, scum. Glad you got out of that situation.

Thank you Rain Man. Other than the nightmares I've lived with I really can't complain. My Parents are the ones who raized me & my brother MOM and DAD they were our Grandparents but we are there sons by Gods grace and Gods love so really greatfull they were there to take care of us after the bad shit went down. They were a true blessing.

My biological mom is still alive and I try my best to forgive her. She made bad relationship mistakes but I know it was hard for her to give us up, but did the right thing and that shows love for doing that.

4th and Long
09-29-2011, 06:30 PM
I have a distinct recollection of my Dad wiping me up, off of the back seat of the car. After that, things went dark.

Rasputin
09-29-2011, 06:30 PM
A lot of times those memories get repressed and you end up dealing with the psychological "aftershocks" way down the road. Maybe it's better that you do remember, and have had time to deal with them from an adult perspective, before they rear up and bitch-slap you from your own past. That happens a lot.

My problem was not dealling with it after I graduated highschool. We never talked about it growing up at home. It just wasn't something we could bring up. So I would say it impacted me with becomeing a dumb ass alcoholic & makeing bad choices for myself.

Rain Man
09-29-2011, 06:31 PM
That stuff was great. Then one day I opened a box and it had some kind of boll weevil looking bugs in it. Killed it for me.

When I was a kid they still had glass soda bottles, and you took them back to the store and received a deposit on them. As a result, we always had some empty bottles in our carport waiting to go back, and living in Arkansas you'd end up with little bugs in them. They'd go in for the sugar and then die.

My eight year old logic concluded that the bugs were in there while you were drinking, so I would never drink the last few swigs of a soda bottle. Wasted a lot of good calories because of that.

crispystl
09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
When I was a kid they still had glass soda bottles, and you took them back to the store and received a deposit on them. As a result, we always had some empty bottles in our carport waiting to go back, and living in Arkansas you'd end up with little bugs in them. They'd go in for the sugar and then die.

My eight year old logic concluded that the bugs were in there while you were drinking, so I would never drink the last few swigs of a soda bottle. Wasted a lot of good calories because of that.

Genious

MOhillbilly
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
i remember when i first went to school they said dont be a joker dont be a fool.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2011, 08:06 PM

Damn dude. Glad it got better.

Okie_Apparition
09-29-2011, 08:07 PM
A turkey running around squirting blood where his head use to be

Mr. Flopnuts
09-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Since you asked, i'll give you a little piece of Mr. Flopnuts. I was 4. My Uncle worked for Boeing. He broke his back at work, and was laid up in a local hospital. My Mom and I were going to visit him and were rear ended on our way to the hospital to visit him. We pulled off to the right, dude pulled off to the left. Mom got out to get some information and was hit by a VW Bug driving down the interstate. She lived, but Mr. Flopnuts' life changed forever.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Since you asked, i'll give you a little piece of Mr. Flopnuts. I was 4. My Uncle worked for Boeing. He broke his back at work, and was laid up in a local hospital. My Mom and I were going to visit him and were rear ended on our way to the hospital to visit him. We pulled off to the right, dude pulled off to the left. Mom got out to get some information and was hit by a VW Bug driving down the interstate. She lived, but Mr. Flopnuts' life changed forever.

There's getting to be a lot of holy crap in this thread.

FAX
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Damn, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

You and Mr. KC Tattoo need to share some time and your experiences in a controlled, secure, and safe environment. I need to participate, too, since, on good days, my mother used to wrap me in cellophane and hang me from a tree in the front lawn.

FAX

Lonewolf Ed
09-29-2011, 08:18 PM
As far as I know, the earliest memory I have is when I was being bathed in the sink and I was reaching for a piece of handsoap and my mother kept taking it away from me. I, in my ignorance, thought it was a piece of banana, since it was roughly the same color. Rage filled my tiny heart being denied a savory treat. :cuss:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-29-2011, 08:19 PM
True story. What can I say? I had plenty of blessings afterwards.

ISUJeff
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Cassel sucking.

Even way back then.

ReynardMuldrake
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Mine is kind of a weird one. My very first memory is being at the park as a toddler. I was just learning to walk. My eye level was about waist-high, so I can't have been any older than 2. I was standing in this gravel play area at Antioch park. I think it was in the fall. This lady in a sweater was there with her kid. She bent over to pick him up and I could see straight down her shirt. I was totally mesmerized. It's funny how I can recall that one moment so vividly, but the years between then and kindergarten are gone. I can even remember roughly where I was standing and which way I was facing.

QuikSsurfer
09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
My earliest memory is in a theater with my parents watching An American Tail. I remember getting really upset during the ocean waves scene and we had to leave.
That same night I would sneak into my parents room and try to sleep beside their bed with throw pillows -- I distinctly remember the illusions I had of dragons and dinosaurs floating around the top of the room.
The movie came out in 86 so that would make me 3ish.

stevieray
09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
about four..hanging with my grandpa.

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2011, 08:47 PM
My memory is of my uncle at my grandmother's house. I can't remember how old I was, but he was watching some werewolf movie that scared the crap out of me. He took his shirt off to go to bed and had a really hairy back. I screamed loud as hell and ran to my mom downstairs.

hometeam
09-29-2011, 08:58 PM
my first ever memory is me riding around on a big wheel in the unfinished basement of my childhood home.

I was maybe.. 3? I was wearing cowboy boots and underwear :P

DaFace
09-29-2011, 08:58 PM
My earliest memory was learning how to cut carrots in preschool. I remember being really proud that I could cut a carrot and showed my mom when she showed up to pick me up.

I have slightly higher standards for what qualifies as an accomplishment these days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2011, 09:03 PM
my first ever memory is me riding around on a big wheel in the unfinished basement of my childhood home.

I was maybe.. 3? I was wearing cowboy boots and underwear :P

Spooky... that's what I'm wearing right now

TinyEvel
09-29-2011, 09:19 PM
3 years old I got to preschool and the teacher made me a hat out of brown construction paper. I can still smell the glue.

Rain Man
09-29-2011, 09:26 PM
My earliest memory was learning how to cut carrots in preschool. I remember being really proud that I could cut a carrot and showed my mom when she showed up to pick me up.

I have slightly higher standards for what qualifies as an accomplishment these days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tomorrow I want to see that carrot thing.

HemiEd
09-29-2011, 09:27 PM
i'm an old bastard, so 1st grade is about the best i can do.

mrs. davis
first grade teacher and bitch
about 6'4" and 210lbs of pure bitch
her legs looked like groundhogs...hairy...she was a bitch
hunched up shoulders...whiskers on her upper lip. bitch
forced me to eat spinach, saying, "we try everything on our tray". ****ing bitch
i puked in her lap...bitch.
had to write on the blackboard 30 times, "i will not throw up in the lunch room." during recess...bitch ****.
sec
ROFL Did she wear those rolled up hose?

RJ
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a memory of looking out an open apartment window onto a train yard. My mother says I'm remembering visiting an uncle in Kankakee, Illinois when I was about 18 months old. Of course, I have no idea how accurate my mother's memory is.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Don't under estimate that carrot cutting thing 'Face. Kids and knives is a dangerous thing and you mastered it. It was probably the first sign you'd one day be King Mod of an important internet bulletin board.

luv
09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
One time, while I was probably 8 or so, I told my mom about a dream I had. I was in a hospital room, and it had Sesame Street characters on the wall. The nurse was putting a band-aid on my arm, and my grandma came in and took me for a walk down the hallway. My mom looked at me and said that actually happened. Whenever I was two years old, I had double pneumonia. I had to be hospitalized. The walls in the unit had Sesame Street characters. The nurse would put a band-aid on my arm whenever she had to give me a shot or have me on an IV. My grandma would come up every afternoon and take me for walks down the hallways. So, I guess I was remembering that in my dream.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure.

It's either trying to eat the toxic berries in my backyard or screaming like a demonic child as they ripped me away from my mother on the first day of school. Very traumatizing.

Ugly Duck
09-29-2011, 11:33 PM
One is physically unable to remember being born as the hippocampus is not formed until the age between 2 to 3 years old.

I hadda hippocampus at 18 months. I remember seeing President Eisenhower at the Rose Parade in Pasadena. People were throwing confetti from the buildings & some guy lifted me up so I could see the President over the crowd. He was standing up in a convertible waving to the cheering throngs.

Rain Man
09-29-2011, 11:49 PM

Andrew Luck had not just one, but two hippocampuses when he was in the womb.

Bump
09-30-2011, 12:16 AM
I have a foggy memory of being attacked by neighbors dogs, I barely remember seeing them get through their fence and then it's nothing.

sd4chiefs
09-30-2011, 12:23 AM
I can remember going to Union Station with my parents to take a train to go visit my Grandparents. It was like 1959 and I was 4 years old. It was packed and all the men were wearing suits and had hats.

NJChiefsFan
09-30-2011, 12:31 AM
I can remember going to Union Station with my parents to take a train to go visit my Grandparents. It was like 1959 and I was 4 years old. It was packed and all the men were wearing suits and had hats.

I kinda would like it if everyone went to suites and hats. Maybe I should just do it on my own and get it started again. Cooler ties this time, although the Commi-era suits are cool looking.

Buck
01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
My earliest memory is from when I was 3 years old or so. I was assembling and playing with one of those balsa wood airplane kits that came in the little pouches. Something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/Sy0bY.jpg

Phobia
01-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Sucking on my mother's boobs. She had me very young so they were still quite nice...

stonedstooge
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Remember watching as Walter Cronkite broke the news to the country and crying because my Mom was crying. I was 4

scho63
01-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Sitting in a high chair around 1 1/2 to 2 years old and my Mother trying to feed me scrambled eggs with ketchup on them and I kept spitting them out because I hated them and her saying to someone that I was the only child who wouldn't eats eggs.

48 years later I still HATE eggs with a passion and never have eaten one. The smell of egg salad causes me to vomit. I normally have to leave the table if someone next to me eats sunny side up or soft boiled eggs. YUCK!

KChiefer
01-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I have many, but I think this was the earliest.

I hid myself in a wicker box that my toys were stored in so I could pop out and surprise someone. I recall feeling, "I'm so F-ing clever!"

I remember a fight my parents had when I was very young. I recall the day our dog ran away the first day we got him. I remember acting like I was blowing gum bubbles by basically just spitting it out halfway. All of these were likely pre-5yrs.

Once, I got in trouble with my father for pissing my pants. Also, one time I got lost in a shopping mall, then shat my pants. Never have I recalled potty training. Thankfully, I picked it up before schooling and have only relapsed a few times after heavy drinking.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Sucking on my mother's boobs. She had me very young so they were still quite nice...

That's hot but not as hot as when I sucked your moms boobs.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Sitting in a high chair around 1 1/2 to 2 years old and my Mother trying to feed me scrambled eggs with ketchup on them and I kept spitting them out because I hated them and her saying to someone that I was the only child who wouldn't eats eggs.

48 years later I still HATE eggs with a passion and never have eaten one. The smell of egg salad causes me to vomit. I normally have to leave the table if someone next to me eats sunny side up or soft boiled eggs. YUCK!

That's because eggs suck. Smart kid.

Gonzo
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
One of my earliest memories was when my dad and I went to a salvage yard to look for parts for is 64 Mercury Park-Lane conv. I remember sitting in the dirt and the next I knew we were standing next to the road while he's shaking the red ants out of my jeans. Got stung all over. I suppose that's why I have such a bug-phobia.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63
01-13-2012, 07:56 PM
That's because eggs suck. Smart kid.

:thumb:

Find out as I have gotten older that there are many people in the "I Hate Eggs" club with me.

tmax63
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I remember watching JFK's funeral on our 1st black and white tv set. I was 2 yrs and a month old then. My next memory was when my oldest brother came home on leave from Viet Nam in 1965. I was almost 4 then. About the same time the big black car came to our house (Red Scare in the early 60's) and talking to and making my mom upset. She was a Russian soldier in WWII and my dad freed her from the concentration camp, married her and she became a US citizen. Found out later they was wanting to know if she was a russian spy and gave her strict instructions on what to do if "Mpther Russia" ever tried to contact her.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2012, 07:59 PM
:thumb:

Find out as I have gotten older that there are many people in the "I Hate Eggs" club with me.

Count me in. ****ing gross abominations.

Buck
01-13-2012, 08:05 PM
I eat eggs nearly every single day.

BucEyedPea
01-13-2012, 08:05 PM
We had this discussion at work today.

One guy said he remembered being born. We said BS! I've seen that on the Interwebs that this isn't uncommon.

Mine was being in a high chair as an infant around the dinner table. I have no idea the context of that memory.

Pushing the crib down the bedroom as a way to get out. Then my mom walks in and picks me up.
I also remember my first steps at walking and falling in the dining room. When I make it near the stairs it was the longest I stayed up. I remember some adult saying something encouraging but don't remember who or the words.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
I eat eggs nearly every single day.

Good for you... you can have mine and scho's. Enjoy.

Buck
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Good for you... you can have mine and scho's. Enjoy.

Not normally, they are a staple of the diet I am on.

I think they are okay. I hated them when I was a kid.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2012, 08:12 PM
It's funny how different people have such different tastes. If you bring me a plate of bacon and eggs I'll do my best not to puke as I get up and walk away. Bacon is too salty and eggs just gross me out. Even the smell of eggs can make me feel sick. Yet others love exactly those things.

But bring me a plate of sausage, hashbrowns and pancakes or waffles for breakfast and I can't wait to dig in.

Bugeater
01-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Eggs kick ass you fucking fucksticks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Eggs kick ass you ****ing ****sticks.

You can split mine with Buck then. See....? More for you.

EPodolak
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Earliest memory was '66 or '67 - living in KC at the time sitting with my inflatable bird named Mr Beasely staring out the back glass door.

First Chiefs memories was of Superbowls and thinking my team was of course the best and always would be the Champions of Everything...

:doh!:

huffmd15
01-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Remember my first steps were taken while playing with the garden hose in the front yard. Also vaguely remember peeing on a toad and him looking at me as the pee splattered on his head. I think I only remember that one since its one of my folks favorite stories.

I also remember when i fell out of a 2nd story window. I was 3 or 4 and visiting my grandpa at work. I ws playing with my E.T. doll and it fell out the open window. I went after him. Some random dude saw me falling as he pulled into a parking spot at the office. A small tree caught my legs and broke my fall before I hit the ground. Not a scratch on me.

Chief Roundup
01-14-2012, 05:30 AM
The ambulance taking my mom away. Everyone was crying and I didn't understand why since the sirens weren't on.

I have no other memories before I was 11 yrs. old.

My mother had been fighting cancer since she was 6 months pregnant with me. She died 9-22-77, I was 7.

DJay23
01-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I can remember climbing into my little sister's crib in the morning to play with the Winnie the Pooh mobile that hung from the ceiling. Not sure how old we were but she at least still slept in a crib and we're a year apart.

Braincase
01-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I remember seeing a new face with a new voice. As I got older, I realized that the face and voice belonged to my Uncle Dave. My parents tell me there's no way, as I would have only been six weeks old. Don't remember anything else from that time, but I ended up being pretty close to my Uncle.

Monty
01-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I remember being in my crib, mad at the world, then getting excited because I found a smartphone in there so I could check my E-trade account. Kinda fuzzy, but pretty sure it happened.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I remember when I was 4 and my dad took me to the farm . I'll never forget the feeling of latex on my hand for the first time. I'll never forget the smell of stale boar urine soaked wood shavings. When I was 5 I killed my first rat. Good memories.

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Sucking on your moms tit.

Stewie
01-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Interesting that this was bumped because I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago.

My OP mentioned something that was an early memory, but I also remember being a toddler (maybe 2 or 3) and asking my mom about going to school (it was a preschool or church school). She was doing something at the dining room table and I remember it was pouring rain outside and very dark. I'm not sure which was first, the OP memory or this memory.

RockChalk
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
I have quite a few memories in the 2-4 age range. A few stick out

My mom was at a dentist appointment and I wandered off into the bathroom. Sprayed my eyes with some sort of cleaning spray. I was mesmerized by the "mist" coming out. Ended up going to the ER to get them flushed.

My dad was taking my mom to work at the hospital one day, and I remember going downhill on this super icy street in Enid. They used to have one of those old Toyota vans. Anyways, we hit ice and wrecked. Nobody hurt but I remember thinking it was fun.

In Enid, we lived in a newly developed neighborhood and across the street was nothing but farmland. There was a tornado in the fields. Everyone, including my family, was standing outside just watching it go across the fields and out of sight.

http://bsgac.walkerpro.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/85toyotavan.jpg

morphius
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
It involved a trip to the hospital with a broken open head. It's been downhill since.

LiveSteam
01-14-2012, 01:21 PM
The old man picking me up so I could jerk the whistle cord,& blow the whistle on who knows which steam locomotive? I have great memories riding in the cabs of many different steam locomotives around the country at the age of 3 on up.
God I miss him so much!

boogblaster
01-14-2012, 02:29 PM
my brother stealing my bottle outa my crib ......

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2012, 02:44 PM
It was a November day nearly 50 years ago. My family and I were having a picnic on the a grassy area. It was a festive day, as the crowd was awaiting the arrival of the Presidents motorcade. It was just after noon and I could see it, I could see the limo and there he was, our nations young President. My dad lifted me on his shoulders and I looked at my mother smiling with such joy. Then, suddenly, I heard a loud firecracker and instantly I saw my mothers face to turn to horror. As I turned my head back toward the limo another shot, an explosion of blood and brains, and a fine, disgusting mist showered my face. My mouth was open so a horrible acidic taste nearly caused me to vomit. I................oh wait, im sorry I was thinking about something else. That didn't happen. Forget I said it.

Crush
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Visiting my grandpa in the hospital when I was 5. He died from prostate cancer shortly thereafter.

Crush
01-14-2012, 03:02 PM
As for the eggs discussion, I HAVE to cook my own eggs. I cannot eat eggs that someone else cooked. I also can only eat them scrambled.

bevischief
01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Seeing my brother at the hospital, with my parents in the nursery with him. I was about 2 yrs old.

ChiefsLV
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
When I was three we were in a car accident and I remember being in the hospital and seeing my mom with her forehead all scraped up from hitting the windshield and being scared. Next memories I remember are show and tell at preschool and kindergarten when my teacher wrote the date, 1984 on the chalkboard. Dunno why I remember something trivial like that.

Stewie
07-01-2022, 09:37 PM
I had to go into the archives for this thread.

We have a coworker that claims she remembers being born. She's confident about her memory.

Interesting stuff.

Chime in.

EPodolak
07-01-2022, 09:49 PM
For me it was when you originally posted this thread .... : )

Actually, think my first memory may have been my 3rd birthday.

Rain Man
07-01-2022, 09:51 PM

We have a coworker that claims she remembers being born. She's confident about her memory.

Interesting stuff.

Chime in.

Ask her to describe her mother's ... parts.

Rain Man
07-01-2022, 09:54 PM
I like the concept of young children remembering previous lives. I don't know if it could be real or if we can occasionally find a real story that matches a kid's imagination, but I find it intriguing.

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/our-research/children-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/

Stewie
07-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Ask her to describe her mother's ... parts.

Uhhh... yeah... no

Rain Man
07-01-2022, 10:08 PM
Uhhh... yeah... no

If she won't do it, she's lying.

listopencil
07-01-2022, 10:12 PM

Abstract

The postnatal development of the human hippocampal formation (HF) is subject of increasing interest due to its implication in important pathologies that hamper the normal development of children. In this work, we present a glimpse of the main events that constitute important milestones in the development and shaping of some of the most important psychological capabilities such as autobiographical memory. We analyzed a total of 21 brains ranging from 27 gestational weeks to 14 years. Although we examined some cases in the last trimester of gestation, our description starts at birth, around 40 gestational weeks. Serial sections stained with thionin for Nissl analysis revealed that all fields of the HF were present and identifiable at birth. However, the relative growth of the cortical mantle was much higher relative to the HF. The main structural changes took place during the first postnatal year, in particular in the dentate gyrus and in the entorhinal cortex. At subsequent ages, a growth in size was noted in all components of the HF. This growth was more evident at the body and tail of the hippocampus, as evidenced by measurements of the neuroanatomical series. In addition, we examined in some cases the MRI appearance of the HF at different postnatal ages obtained by postmortem imaging. MRI neuroanatomical series provided anatomically identified landmarks useful for the MRI identification of different components of the HF during postnatal development.

listopencil
07-01-2022, 10:17 PM
Here's the link:

Postnatal development of the human hippocampal formation (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20329667/)

Stewie
07-01-2022, 10:30 PM
If she won't do it, she's lying.

You've turned into a creepy old dude.

Rain Man
07-01-2022, 11:34 PM
You've turned into a creepy old dude.

I have indeed gotten older.

cripple creek
07-02-2022, 06:50 AM
getting a pup tent on my 5th birthday

BWillie
07-02-2022, 11:39 AM
1991 Final Four

KChiefs1
07-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Getting my foot run over by a lawnmower when I was 2 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jewish Rabbi
07-02-2022, 08:43 PM
Having a threesome with Stewie’s parents

ChiefaRoo
07-03-2022, 12:46 PM

Interesting stuff.

Chime in.

It’s a memory. Our minds record eyerything. So maybe she has flashes.

Donger
07-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Reaching up for a door handle. I described the handle and door to my mother years later, and it was at a house we moved out of before I turned three.

I had a weird "Oh wow" moment when I got into history as a young man. I came across the famous picture of a Huey landing on a rooftop with a bunch of stairs leading up to it. I knew that I had seen it before but didn't know when or how. Turns out that my family, including me, watched that on TV. It was the during the evacuation of Saigon:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Saigon-hubert-van-es.jpg

Frazod
07-03-2022, 02:29 PM
I remember watching war footage on TV back in the late 60s. First regular shows I remember are Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street and Gunsmoke. My grandma babysat me pre-kindergarten, and I remember gathering eggs from the hen house, riding the tractor in the fields with my grandpa (no air conditioning or enclosed cab, just a curved metal seat), and climbing trees in the chicken yard. Also, when grandma slaughtered a chicken, she'd grab it, yank and twist it's head off, then put it on the ground so I could chase it around while blood spurted out of the neck hole until it finally collapsed. Later, it was lunch. Sure, it sounds a bit twisted now, but I've certainly never had a problem seeing blood.

I remember getting stung by a wasp, and also getting bit in the face by a horse I was trying to feed. I guess it didn't like that particular apple. Never cared much for horses after that. Or apples. Wasps, either.

My first truly vivid memories are of the aftermath of a tornado that hit Macon and the surrounding area in June of 1970. My grandparents' farm took a direct hit, losing about half the buildings, most of livestock, and the tin barn my grandpa had built only a couple of years earlier. Mangled pieces of tin and dead pigs were everywhere. The tornado actually picked one building up, flipped it upside down, and deposited it almost completely undamaged on concrete foundation. They were able to right it using log chains and tractors, and fucked it up worse than the tornado did in the process. But it still stood for years afterward. Freaky. I remember that shit like it happened yesterday. My grandpa would have been in his early 70s at the time, and that pretty much retired him. Sold off most of the farm after that, except the 20 acres nearest the house.

IowaHawkeyeChief
07-03-2022, 05:10 PM
I was 2 1/2 and we were taking a family trip through Rapid City, then to Wyoming and California. I remember being at a reptile farm and riding a giant turtle and seeing snakes.

Rain Man
07-03-2022, 05:37 PM
I remember watching war footage on TV back in the late 60s. First regular shows I remember are Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street and Gunsmoke. My grandma babysat me pre-kindergarten, and I remember gathering eggs from the hen house, riding the tractor in the fields with my grandpa (no air conditioning or enclosed cab, just a curved metal seat), and climbing trees in the chicken yard. Also, when grandma slaughtered a chicken, she'd grab it, yank and twist it's head off, then put it on the ground so I could chase it around while blood spurted out of the neck hole until it finally collapsed. Later, it was lunch. Sure, it sounds a bit twisted now, but I've certainly never had a problem seeing blood.

I remember getting stung by a wasp, and also getting bit in the face by a horse I was trying to feed. I guess it didn't like that particular apple. Never cared much for horses after that. Or apples. Wasps, either.

My first truly vivid memories are of the aftermath of a tornado that hit Macon and the surrounding area in June of 1970. My grandparents' farm took a direct hit, losing about half the buildings, most of livestock, and the tin barn my grandpa had built only a couple of years earlier. Mangled pieces of tin and dead pigs were everywhere. The tornado actually picked one building up, flipped it upside down, and deposited it almost completely undamaged on concrete foundation. They were able to right it using log chains and tractors, and ****ed it up worse than the tornado did in the process. But it still stood for years afterward. Freaky. I remember that shit like it happened yesterday. My grandpa would have been in his early 70s at the time, and that pretty much retired him. Sold off most of the farm after that, except the 20 acres nearest the house.

Broncos. This is the origin story of your disdain for broncos.

Frazod
07-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Broncos. This is the origin story of your disdain for broncos.

Possibly. :D

I've never had a good horse experience. I was riding one as a kid when one of my prick friends set off a pack of firecrackers behind it. The horse did the hi-o silver thing up on its back legs, and I ain't the Lone Ranger. Dumped me right on my ass. The next time I rode one was about 20 years ago. I was wearing hiking boots, and was unable to ever get my feet set in the stirrups correctly. The ride was very uncomfortable, and the next day I was so sore I could barely walk.

From that point on, if I wanted a horse experience, I'd go to Taco Bell.

mlyonsd
07-03-2022, 07:28 PM
I was 2 1/2 and we were taking a family trip through Rapid City, then to Wyoming and California. I remember being at a reptile farm and riding a giant turtle and seeing snakes.My grandparents retired in the Black Hills in the early 60's. I rode the tortoise around that time. Decades later we took our grandkids there and I was astonished that same tortoise was still there.

He died in 2011 at 130 years old.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/reptile-gardens-tortoise-methuselah-dies/article_86eaaee2-ac3c-11e0-ac6f-001cc4c03286.html#:~:text=After%2057%20years%20of%20providing,mourned%20his%20death%20on%20Monday.

BigRichard
07-03-2022, 08:23 PM
I remembered some squirrels at a picnic table that would come up and take food out of your hands. I asked my mom about this one time and it appears I am remembering a trip we took to Canada.

F150
07-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Thanksgiving when I was 2 1/2

PunkinDrublic
07-04-2022, 03:55 PM
Reading through the Ron Paul deceived BEP believed thread.

Rain Man
07-04-2022, 04:01 PM
I remembered some squirrels at a picnic table that would come up and take food out of your hands. I asked my mom about this one time and it appears I am remembering a trip we took to Canada.

At some point in the future you're going to be going through your family albums in the attic, and you'll run across a picture of your hair-covered older brother who was sent to live in the circus at the age of 4. You will have strong words with your parents and will then spend years visiting circus sideshows, sorting through bearded ladies and lobster boys in an attempt to find him.

REDHOTGTO
07-04-2022, 06:07 PM
my earliest memory has to be the hospital in witchita, went there often when i was 3, my mom had a stroke in surgery and was there for 6 months.
i can remember the therapist taking me to the cafeteria for an ice cream, wierd how i can remember this but not seeing mom.

Graystoke
07-05-2022, 02:45 PM
I think I was 3. We were on a road trip to Florida and we stopped the family wagon at a roadside zoo. This zoo, which was more like a gas station with cages out front, had a gorilla named Sam. Sam smoked cigarettes and drank coffee. For a long time I thought all gorillas smoked and drank coffee, which blew my mind. I remember thinking, "How do gorillas get their smokes in the jungle?"

RedandGold
07-05-2022, 03:23 PM
My earliest memory is being in my parents car on the interstate near an interchange. It was before I turned two, and I have no context of where it was. I have vague memories of my second birthday, and have quite a few memories of when I was two.

AdolfOliverBush
07-05-2022, 03:23 PM

I'm disgusted.

Disgusted that it took 11 years for someone to make a "your mom" joke. In this case, his dad too.

ModSocks
07-05-2022, 03:34 PM
My first memory is a pretty shitty memory, so lets go with my 2nd, which was my awesome MatchBox car collection i use to play with. It looked like an old tin lunchbox, but opened like a tackle box to transport all my cars in. I woulda been about 3.

chinaski
07-05-2022, 03:37 PM
Elvis dying. I was almost 2 when it happened. I remember seeing it on Television. Never a big fan, neither were my parents, but somehow I remember it?

Outside of that, family roadtrip to Colorado in the late 70's. Probably around 1978 or 1979 or so. I remember a variety of things about that. Eating Spaghetti, seeing Deer, peeing in the forest etc. I was about 3 or 4 years old.

I remember the 1980 World Series, Royals/Phillies. It was my first memory of eating Doritos. I also remember I got an X-Wing Fighter toy for my 5th Birthday, around the same time.

R Clark
07-05-2022, 04:27 PM

Describe his mother’s female parts or it didn’t happen

Prison Bitch
07-05-2022, 05:33 PM
My 3rd birthday holding up my new toy helicopters at the table

Stewie
07-05-2022, 06:02 PM

Interesting. I was among the first test tube babies.

Funny for you to admit your dick fits inside one of those tiny test tubes. Probably with room to spare.

InChiefsHeaven
07-06-2022, 06:27 AM
I have a vague memory of a house with saloon style doors into the kitchen. I remember sitting in a high chair at the table, but I was eating with a spoon myself, so based on that and the fact that my mom says that's the house in Dallas...(we moved alot when I was a kid), I'd guess I was about 2 to 3 years old.