PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This feels like a trap game

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:39 PM
I really hope the Chiefs put forth no effort to win Sunday,but I have the feeling that the Vikes might do the same. Everyone wants LUCK! Hopefully the 12th man will not show up Sunday or we might win this one:mad:
I mean they got too close to maybe winning against the Chargers,we dont need that stuff this weekend! SUCK FOR LUCK!!!!!

splatbass
09-30-2011, 09:41 PM
I really hope the Chiefs put forth no effort to win Sunday

Why anyone would want to be a fan of a team that puts forth no effort to win is completely beyond me. Do we want a team of quitters?

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:42 PM
No we want LUCK!!!!!

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Reverse trap game. Interesting...

Shogun
09-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Starting QB : Matt Cassel

I think we will be okay

Spott
09-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Why anyone would want to be a fan of a team that puts forth no effort to win is completely beyond me. Do we want a team of quitters?

I want a team with a real quarterback for the first time in 5 decades.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Starting QB : Matt Cassel

I think we will be okay

Well that does make me feel a bit better...still a bit worried though:(:(

kysirsoze
09-30-2011, 09:49 PM

I agree with this. I expect them to try their asses off. I just hope it's not enough.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Maybe Jared can get about 6 sacks,just dont hurt Cassel too much...

09-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Maybe Jared can get about 6 sacks,just dont hurt Cassel too much...

Sorry but I don't want to sit through an entire season of Cassel.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Sorry but I don't want to sit through an entire season of Cassel.

Neither do I...I'm thinking about the future.

BossChief
09-30-2011, 09:54 PM
They have 3 good tight ends...3 of the fastest receivers in the league...a defense that can put pressure on Cassel.

We have Cassel and Brandon Flowers isnt gonna be 100% and would/will be facing guys that can all exploit his injury.

If we are gonna win this game, its gonna take a herculean effort by a shitton of players and a bunch of luck...

which we dont have and wont get until late April.

09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Neither do I...I'm thinking about the future.

I am too. I think we will lose games regardless of who is at QB.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
They have 3 good tight ends...3 of the fastest receivers in the league...a defense that can put pressure on Cassel.

We have Cassel and Brandon Flowers isnt gonna be 100% and would/will be facing guys that can all exploit his injury.

If we are gonna win this game, its gonna take a herculean effort by a shitton of players and a bunch of luck...

I sooooo hope you are right!

09-30-2011, 09:56 PM

All this talk of luck hilarious.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
I am too. I think we will lose games regardless of who is at QB.

But I think we will lose more with Cassel,so,yeah Im gonna go with Cassel on this one.

kysirsoze
09-30-2011, 09:58 PM
But I think we will lose more with Cassel,so,yeah Im gonna go with Cassel on this one.

Dude, Cassel sucks, but you really think he's worse than Palko? I would LOVE to see Palko come in and absolutely run what's left of this shitty season into the ground. Scorch the earth and start over in the draft.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Dude, Cassel sucks, but you really think he's worse than Palko? I would LOVE to see Palko come in and absolutely run what's left of this shitty season into the ground. Scorch the earth and start over in the draft.

We know what we have with Cassel...I mean you never know,Palko might be able to make an adjustment or two and throw further than 10 yards. You know what? Yeah,lets just stay with Cassel for now.

Shogun
09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
We know what we have with Cassel...I mean you never know,Palko might be able to make an adjustment or two and throw further than 10 yards. You know what? Yeah,lets just stay with Cassel for now.

Palko looked better than cassel at times in preseason

splatbass
09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
I want a team with a real quarterback for the first time in 5 decades.

And the rest of the team made up of quitters. That will work. :banghead:

Shogun
09-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Stanzi should start with a few weeks left so we can shop him around if we dont get #1 pick

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 10:05 PM

Exactly

Shogun
09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
It really is comical that there are tons of broke dick quarterbacks in college that can lob the ball 60 yards and our 'franchise' qb cant even hit a reciever in stride for 25

Ted Theodore Logan
09-30-2011, 10:08 PM
It really is comical that there are tons of broke dick quarterbacks in college that can lob the ball 60 yards and our 'franchise' qb cant even hit a reciever in stride for 25

True. True.

kcfanXIII
09-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of sucking for draft position, but i'm all for the suck for luck campaign. i think we are headed for a historically bad season anyways, might as well get us something solid for the future. It doesn't matter if they give it 110%, they won't be good enough to win many games this year. So i'm trying to look at the positives...

splatbass
09-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of sucking for draft position, but i'm all for the suck for luck campaign. i think we are headed for a historically bad season anyways, might as well get us something solid for the future. It doesn't matter if they give it 110%, they won't be good enough to win many games this year. So i'm trying to look at the positives...

No one knows if Pioli would even draft Luck if we had the first pick. A lot of people are actually advocating "Suck for Unknown Pick".

Dave Lane
09-30-2011, 10:30 PM
This is a must lose game!

09-30-2011, 10:31 PM
No one knows if Pioli would even draft Luck if we had the first pick. A lot of people are actually advocating "Suck for Unknown Pick".

True. IT wouldn't even surprise me if he didn't pick Luck, BUT I would rather have that pick than not.

Dave Lane
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Stanzi should start with a few weeks left so we can shop him around if we dont get #1 pick

Shit I don't want to trade him, trade Cassel for whatever we can get. A conditional 7 round in 2047 is just fine.

Ugly Duck
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Will ChiefsFans go to war with each other in the stands on Sunday? The SuckFoLuckers will be making noise to disrupt the KC offense, the DieHards will be making noise to disrupt the Vikes offense. Each side will be convinced that they're doing whats best for the team and the other side are ignorant assholes screwing it all up. Add mass quantities of beer & you may have a volatile situation. The Whigs vs the Tories, the Union vs the Scabs, the KC SuckFoLuckers vs the KC DieHards.... it could get ugly....

09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Shit I don't want to trade him, trade Cassel for whatever we can get. A conditional 7 round in 2047 is just fine.

Nobody will give that much.

Ming the Merciless
09-30-2011, 10:37 PM
I never heard of a dude named 'big jim' that was such an utter pussy ass cry baby before....You shame all dudes named Big Jim, you douche.

(Unless you are a vikes fan, then I take it back...you only have half a vagina)

baitism
09-30-2011, 11:10 PM
If Pioli passed on Luck I am sure he would be found hanging from some tree at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

BossChief
09-30-2011, 11:20 PM
If Luck is on the board and we pass, that will be the moment that I would consider being totally done watching football.

kysirsoze
09-30-2011, 11:20 PM

While I suppose it's a possibility, that would be season ticket suicide. Chiefs fandom would take at least a decade to recover. That level of bullheaded unwillingness to win would take the heart out of this fanbase.

splatbass
09-30-2011, 11:21 PM
If Pioli passed on Luck I am sure he would be found hanging from some tree at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Stay classy, Chiefs fans.

kysirsoze
09-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Stay classy, Chiefs fans.

Stay superior, internet guy.

splatbass
09-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Stay superior, internet guy.

That is no problem on a board where so many actually want their team to lose.

Shogun
09-30-2011, 11:34 PM

We want them to lose to win.

09-30-2011, 11:35 PM

How many times do we need to explain it before everyone finally gets it?

splatbass
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
We want them to lose to win.

No such thing. Losing begets losing.

Shogun
09-30-2011, 11:38 PM

If we lose, and gain a franchise qb that = winning

its simple math, you'll get it eventually

splatbass
How many times do we need to explain it before everyone finally gets it?

You don't get it. You can explain it all you want, but you can also go **** yourself if you want my team to lose.

kysirsoze

Tell that to the Colts. So far this year, tell that to the Lions. I'm betting come next year or so, tell that to the Panthers.

splatbass
09-30-2011, 11:39 PM
If we lose, and gain a franchise qb that = winning

its simple math, you'll get it eventually

The odds of that are slim. Do the math. You have no idea who Pioli would pick even if we could get the first pick, which we won't. You don't win by losing.

Shogun
09-30-2011, 11:40 PM
The odds of that are slim. Do the math. You have no idea who Pioli would pick even if we could get the first pick, which we won't. You don't win by losing.

whoever gets the #1 pick gets luck, no questions asked. 100% thing. even if it was the patriots trading for the #1. they would pick Luck just to flaunt him around and get anything they wanted for him.

splatbass
09-30-2011, 11:43 PM
whoever gets the #1 pick gets luck, no questions asked. 100% thing. even if it was the patriots trading for the #1. they would pick Luck just to flaunt him around and get anything they wanted for him.

You live in a fantasy world.

kysirsoze
09-30-2011, 11:44 PM
You don't get it. You can explain it all you want, but you can also go **** yourself if you want my team to lose.

Don't worry, guy. I'm sure we'll squeak out enough wins to get the fifth overall pick and we'll take a nice "safe" o-lineman for ya. That's all Cassel needs to prove us haters wrong. Then we'll make it back to 8-8 land where we belong.

Shogun
09-30-2011, 11:50 PM

no that is a fact

Thig Lyfe
09-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Reverse trap game. Interesting...

Nah, a reverse trap game would be against a team like Green Bay or New England. We all assume they'll lose against those teams. So there's a risk of looking past those games to the more dangerous games, like Denver, Indy, or Miami, and accidentally winning them.

NJChiefsFan
09-30-2011, 11:55 PM

No he isn't. Not even close. Some team may get the #1 pick and trade out, but whoever does make the pick, WILL take Luck. Whoever has the #1 pick will either get Luck or a sick trade for that pick.

09-30-2011, 11:56 PM

I don't WANT my team to lose. I fucking WANT them to win. If I have to sit through the worst season in franchise history to get that, I will gladly accept that.

FAX
09-30-2011, 11:57 PM
And the rest of the team made up of quitters. That will work. :banghead:

There is a difference between quitting and executing a strategic retreat, Mr. splatbass. There's also a difference between quitting and an enormous saltine that occupies a 4 acre area when laid flat or when floating upon the surface of a pond of chile with beans.

These are things you learn with experience.

FAX

FAX
10-01-2011, 12:01 AM

Actually, given the new rookie wage scale, the odds of Pioli selecting a quarterback with the number 1 pick increase exponentially. And, it is rumored that he has a high level of interest in Luck.

In fact, word is that Pioli has strapped himself to a helium balloon, affixed several red lights to his underbelly, and is on his way to California as we speak.

FAX

milkman
10-01-2011, 07:53 AM

Palko and Stanzi both looked better that Cassel simply by virtue of the fact that they attempted passes beyond 10 yards downfield.

Meanwhile, even in preseason, the Duke of Dink was doing what the Duke of Dink does.

Dinking.

Rausch
10-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Meanwhile, even in preseason, the Duke of Dink was doing what the Duke of Dink does.

You know, looking back, even Huard was willing to lob a wobbly stinker down the field every now and again...

Al Bundy
10-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Ohhh Splatbass. Winning that extra game has cost my team Several hall of fame players in just one draft.

milkman
10-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Ohhh Splatbass. Winning that extra game has cost my team Several hall of fame players in just one draft.

The question becomes, how many Hofers were drafted after your picks?

It's really not where you draft in most cases.

It's how you draft.

jspchief
10-01-2011, 08:39 AM
I just hope the team can mediocre its way to 7 wins. Then maybe in the offseason we can get Carl Peterson back and return to the glory years. Averaging just enough wins to never get high draft picks, while still being bad enough to never win post season games. Go Chiefs!

Rasputin
10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Shit! The Vikes may come out with a special play & call it the "Jim Marshall" play. There in it to win it, the draft Luck campain.

whoman69
10-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Tell that to the Colts. So far this year, tell that to the Lions. I'm betting come next year or so, tell that to the Panthers.

Tell it to the Browns, 49ers, Bengals, Raiders, Rams and yes the Lions. Only one team that drafted #1 overall in the last 20 years has won the Super Bowl. If you get that shitty there is usually something more that's wrong than just a QB. I am betting the Lions don't win anything either as they have no run game and that is what wins championships.

I've been rooting for the Chiefs far too long to start rooting against them. You put the losers tag on them and they start quitting. They'll start saying 'same old Chiefs.' Fug that. You play to win. If we happen to get Luck then I can live with it. You're going to be sending a great message to the team when you start booing when they score or stop the other team from scoring.

milkman
10-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Tell it to the Browns, 49ers, Bengals, Raiders, Rams and yes the Lions. Only one team that drafted #1 overall in the last 20 years has won the Super Bowl. If you get that shitty there is usually something more that's wrong than just a QB. I am betting the Lions don't win anything either as they have no run game and that is what wins championships.

I've been rooting for the Chiefs far too long to start rooting against them. You put the losers tag on them and they start quitting. They'll start saying 'same old Chiefs.' Fug that. You play to win. If we happen to get Luck then I can live with it. You're going to be sending a great message to the team when you start booing when they score or stop the other team from scoring.

The Lions have sucked for a long time, but they are far ahead of the Chiefs in buiding a team that can compete for the SB.

They need ot improve their secondary, their O-line, and the RB poistion, but they have the most important cog in place.

alnorth
10-01-2011, 09:25 AM

This season? Yes, I want a team of quitters.

Al Bundy
10-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Honest question for you.. who do you want as your starting QB next year?

mdchiefsfan
10-01-2011, 09:52 AM

How about losing two pro-bowlers and your crappy quarterbacks largest target for the season? I'd say that along with a crappy QB can be enough to tank, especially after a year, in which you won your division.

Bowser
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ckhasegf2wA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aturnis
10-01-2011, 10:19 AM
The Lions have sucked for a long time, but they are far ahead of the Chiefs in buiding a team that can compete for the SB.

They need ot improve their secondary, their O-line, and the RB poistion, but they have the most important cog in place.

Hell, if Gaither can stay healthy and the coaches actually do something right, the OL may only need a RT.

Gaither, Albert, Hudson, Asamoah, and RT

Pretty good Oline there. Albert would be a HUGE upgrade over Lilja's play so far this year.

Still don't understand what some fans don't understand about Suck for Luck. Losing begets losing? Really?

The Colts were perennial losers until Peyton Manning came along. Now they compete for a chance at playing in the Superbowl each and every year. Manning goes down and now the same team minus a QB will be lucky to win one game? QB isn't that important though.

This team actually has a HUGE advantage over most teams who have LUCK'D into a franchise QB over the last 20yrs. This team actually has a crap ton of talent. On both offense and defense. Hell, four of this team top expected contributors this year haven't played or won't be playing anymore this season(Moeaki, Charles, Berry, and Baldwin). This Defense really hasn't been all that bad, just put in TERRIBLE situations by a Cassel, who is personally responsible for 6 turnovers already this year. Replace him with a competent QB, a new RT, a power runningback, and a NT for the defense and this team is only short depth.

Luck can succeed early with weapons like Baldwin, Bowe, Breaston, Moeaki, Charles and McCluster. This isn't your average shitty football team.

Sacrifice 3-5 wins this year(generous I know) for a legitimate chance to compete in the Superbowl every year for the next 15 yrs? I'll take SUCK FOR LUCK every time!

whoman69
10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Hell, if Gaither can stay healthy and the coaches actually do something right, the OL may only need a RT.

Gaither, Albert, Hudson, Asamoah, and RT

Pretty good Oline there. Albert would be a HUGE upgrade over Lilja's play so far this year.

Still don't understand what some fans don't understand about Suck for Luck. Losing begets losing? Really?

The Colts were perennial losers until Peyton Manning came along. Now they compete for a chance at playing in the Superbowl each and every year. Manning goes down and now the same team minus a QB will be lucky to win one game? QB isn't that important though.

This team actually has a HUGE advantage over most teams who have LUCK'D into a franchise QB over the last 20yrs. This team actually has a crap ton of talent. On both offense and defense. Hell, four of this team top expected contributors this year haven't played or won't be playing anymore this season(Moeaki, Charles, Berry, and Baldwin). This Defense really hasn't been all that bad, just put in TERRIBLE situations by a Cassel, who is personally responsible for 6 turnovers already this year. Replace him with a competent QB, a new RT, a power runningback, and a NT for the defense and this team is only short depth.

Luck can succeed early with weapons like Baldwin, Bowe, Breaston, Moeaki, Charles and McCluster. This isn't your average shitty football team.

Sacrifice 3-5 wins this year(generous I know) for a legitimate chance to compete in the Superbowl every year for the next 15 yrs? I'll take SUCK FOR LUCK every time!

Eight years prior they had another can't miss prospect in Jeff George. It wasn't always milk and honey for the Peyton led Colts. Mora was fired in 2002 after his famous "Playoffs ?!?" rant. Manning did not win a playoff game until 2003. An NFL record seven consecutive 12-win seasons produced only one Super Bowl victory and another loss.

I know its probably futile but I'm going into every week rooting for the Chiefs to win. I've been rooting for them since the days of Eddie Podolak and am not going to start rooting against them now.

aturnis
10-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Eight years prior they had another can't miss prospect in Jeff George. It wasn't always milk and honey for the Peyton led Colts. Mora was fired in 2002 after his famous "Playoffs ?!?" rant. Manning did not win a playoff game until 2003. An NFL record seven consecutive 12-win seasons produced only one Super Bowl victory and another loss.

I know its probably futile but I'm going into every week rooting for the Chiefs to win. I've been rooting for them since the days of Eddie Podolak and am not going to start rooting against them now.

That's the difference between us then. I see rooting against them now, as rooting for their future. The now is going to be rough no matter how many (1-4) games they win this year. I feel like the guys who NEED them to win are selfish and can't take the heat of criticism from the people they see everyday. I'd rather hang my head for a year, and hold it up proudly for the next 15 win the odds ofSuperbowl victories on our side...

Marcellus
10-02-2011, 08:39 AM
I want Luck as much as the next guy. That being said I am not a ****ing retard like too many people on this board.

Yes, I want to lose enough games to get the #1 pick but I don't want it via the team laying down like a bunch of choking pussies.

Outside of Cassel the future core of this team is playing right now. You want players that eat sleep shit and **** with football on their minds.

You don't want quitting pussies. You can't turn the switch on and off. Period.

I don't want any more injuries because you never know which ones are career changing or ending.

Fortunately Cassel and Piscatelli can suck enough to lose enough games with everyone else busting ass.

milkman
10-02-2011, 08:41 AM
You can turn the switch on and off. Period.

What's the problem then?

;)

Marcellus
10-02-2011, 08:42 AM
What's the problem then?

;)

Damn typos!:banghead:

splatbass
10-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I feel like the guys who NEED them to win are selfish and can't take the heat of criticism from the people they see everyday. I'd rather hang my head for a year, and hold it up proudly for the next 15 win the odds ofSuperbowl victories on our side...

Bullshit. I don't even live in KC, so there is no one to criticize me. I want them to win BECAUSE THEY ARE MY TEAM, and have been since 1969. You do not root against your team. Period.

Toad
10-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Will ChiefsFans go to war with each other in the stands on Sunday? The SuckFoLuckers will be making noise to disrupt the KC offense, the DieHards will be making noise to disrupt the Vikes offense. Each side will be convinced that they're doing whats best for the team and the other side are ignorant assholes screwing it all up. Add mass quantities of beer & you may have a volatile situation. The Whigs vs the Tories, the Union vs the Scabs, the KC SuckFoLuckers vs the KC DieHards.... it could get ugly....

Admit it Duck, Raider nation would collectively say "Crap" if the Chiefs were to Suck upon Luck.

Messier
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm torn. I daydream about having a franchise QB, but so much can go wrong. A 1 or 2 win season will bring a lot of changes. Getting angry at the team for still having hope is dumb, it's their job, the fans want to suck for Luck for next year and the years to come. That's nice for the fans, but the coaches and many players will lose their jobs if they suck for luck, so don't count on them being all in on the plan.

The one thing I think would be good if somehow we got the first pick and took Luck, the Chiefs are in a much better spot than the usual team with the first overall pick. There's already a good core of talent on the team, and two of the best players will be returning. I could see them turning things around in one year.

Al Bundy
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Bullshit. I don't even live in KC, so there is no one to criticize me. I want them to win BECAUSE THEY ARE MY TEAM, and have been since 1969. You do not root against your team. Period.

You do know if they win 5 or 6 games from here on out Cassel will be your starting QB next season, right?

ChiefFripp
10-02-2011, 09:59 AM
The Chiefs already have the only three losses they will get this season. They'll be undefeated from here on out!

aturnis
10-02-2011, 10:07 AM

No, I but I'm sure a lot of your friends, and coworkers and daily acquaintances know of your Chiefs fandom. They probably give you a good shellacing about it every Monday. Actually your point is exactly backwards. It'd be no problem to live in KC, are other Chiefs fans going to be poking at your sore spots, or protecting their own?

I live in Iowa and take my lumps every Monday morning. Hell I don't even wear Chiefs gear, but my fandom is well known. I'd think about anyone who spends this much time on a Chiefs messageboard is well enough known for being a Chiefs fan.

splatbass
10-02-2011, 10:27 AM
No, I but I'm sure a lot of your friends, and coworkers and daily acquaintances know of your Chiefs fandom. They probably give you a good shellacing about it every Monday. Actually your point is exactly backwards. It'd be no problem to live in KC, are other Chiefs fans going to be poking at your sore spots, or protecting their own?

I live in Iowa and take my lumps every Monday morning. Hell I don't even wear Chiefs gear, but my fandom is well known. I'd think about anyone who spends this much time on a Chiefs messageboard is well enough known for being a Chiefs fan.

So grow up and stop being such a wuss. No one gives me any trouble, because my friends and coworkers are all adults.

aturnis
Also, I don't want the team to lay down either. They won't, most of these guys never have. They won't need to, the holes they have will take care of that. Sabby/McGraw/Washington will account for a few TD's every game, Cassel a few turnovers and Jones a few missed 3rd and shorts. Nobody on this team will lose their job unless they deserve it, and there are a few who do, and mostly the afor mentioned, not many starters, and aside from Cassel.

The only negatives I can think of is a fans hurt pride, and the possibility of losing Haley. I would hope Pioli a smart enough man to give him a pass for the injury bug and not buy into the "lameduck" coach shit, and and let him have one more year to prove himself. Because Haley isn't the type to quit on this. Hope Pioli a big enough man to shoulder some of the blame also...

splatbass
You do know if they win 5 or 6 games from here on out Cassel will be your starting QB next season, right?

I still want to win.

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2011, 10:29 AM
I still want to win.

fuck yes we are winning

fuck 'big' jim slade and the loser crew

whoman69
10-02-2011, 10:31 AM

There is no farging way he finds himself with the starting job next year. That bridge is burned. That's like stating that Bono earned the QB for life tag.

aturnis
10-02-2011, 10:35 AM
So grow up and stop being such a wuss. No one gives me any trouble, because my friends and coworkers are all adults.

Right.

aturnis
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
There is no farging way he finds himself with the starting job next year. That bridge is burned. That's like stating that Bono earned the QB for life tag.

How do you figure? Haley may be done with him, but that doesn't mean Pioli is. If the bridge has truly already been burned, he wouldn't be starting today. There are way too many excuses for Pioli to use right now. Injuries, Baldwin, Moeaki, and Charles all out. Playcalling, training camp, even though he fully endorsed it, and afterall, he did have a "great" year last year. Pioli could easily be arrogant and fire Haley, and stick with Cassel. He did trade a 2 for him and pay him 63 million. That's a hard to admit mistake, much harder than saying "I picked the wrong coach".

whoman69
10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
How do you figure? Haley may be done with him, but that doesn't mean Pioli is. If the bridge has truly already been burned, he wouldn't be starting today. There are way too many excuses for Pioli to use right now. Injuries, Baldwin, Moeaki, and Charles all out. Playcalling, training camp, even though he fully endorsed it, and afterall, he did have a "great" year last year. Pioli could easily be arrogant and fire Haley, and stick with Cassel. He did trade a 2 for him and pay him 63 million. That's a hard to admit mistake, much harder than saying "I picked the wrong coach".

If Pioli wants to stick with Check Down until he's the one that gets fired, that's on him. I don't believe he's that stupid. Do you really think that a team with Check Down as their franchise is going to attract even a decent coach? He might end up with Lane Kiffen if he's going to stand on his guns like that. Check Down will not have played his way to job security even if he manages to not lose enough games to keep us in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.