PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Barkley watch thread. ;)

Frankie
10-02-2011, 02:06 PM
OK as I predicted we will win a few games to go nowhere while losing the first pick. We just took a major step toward that. As of yesterday Matt Barkley has become my second favorite. I wonder how high in the draft we should hope to end up to get him. :hmmm:

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Have you seen our schedule, dude?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we lose next week, Andrew Luck is as good as ours. This game didn't mean shit.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 02:08 PM
#3 pick is probably going to be where the 2nd QB comes off the board.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 02:08 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we lose next week, Andrew Luck is as good as ours. This game didn't mean shit.

Yeah, but we will probably win the head-to-head tie breakers against our shitty competition. That's about, what, 3 or 4 wins?

jd1020
10-02-2011, 02:09 PM

The Colts aren't the only team... Miami and Seattle are probably the #1 contenders. I don't see any possible way we lose more games than Seattle.

notorious
I would avoid Barkley like he is AIDs.

Frankie
#3 pick is probably going to be where the 2nd QB comes off the board.

The T-Jax pick. :(

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:11 PM
The Colts aren't the only team... Miami and Seattle are probably the #1 contenders. I don't see any possible way we lose more games than Seattle.Where are our wins?

If we go by what I'm saying, let's assume we lose to Indy.

Who are we going to beat?

One game against Denver

Miami? If that?

That's 2-14. Seattle and Indy after that only need to win one more game for us to grab that spot.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I would avoid Barkley like he is AIDs.

There's a bias on this forum against USC QBs and how ther transition to the NFL. I do not subscribe to that. Barkley looks like one of the best USC QBs ever.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Where are our wins?

One game against Denver

Miami? If that?

That's 2-14. Seattle and Indy after that only need to win one more game for us to grab that spot.

Colts, Miami, Denver. It's time to drop this Suck for Luck bullshit. The Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league but they arent THE worst team.

Thig Lyfe
10-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I'd be willing to settle for Barkley. But it just wouldn't be the same.

Reaper16
10-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Why are we forgetting about Denver? They are a major contender for Luck. We need to Denver to win some games, just in case we accidentally beat them once or twice.

yeti
10-02-2011, 02:14 PM
More USC QBs??? not convinced.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Where are our wins?

One game against Denver

Miami? If that?

We will beat both Indi and Miami. We will take Denver at least once, and perhaps pull another Arrowhead upset over the Bolts. We always seem to beat someone we are not supposed to beat every year. A 5-11 record is a very real possibility, which this year will probably have us picking around 10th. :(

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Colts, Miami, Denver. It's time to drop this Suck for Luck bullshit. The Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league but they arent THE worst team.I haven't given up hope, yet.

We can still lose next week. If we do, that changes everything.

One game at a time, boys.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I haven't given up hope, yet.

We can still lose next week. If we do, that changes everything.

One game at a time, boys.

Not really. Seattle has to pull off another miracle to change everything.

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Not really. Seattle has to pull off another miracle to change everything.
Schedule. Say it with me. Schedule.

They've already beaten Arizona. They have yet to play St. Louis. They've got more games against Arizona and San Francisco.

It can happen.

dirk digler
I don't see us losing to the Colts and the Dolphins. That is why we needed to lose this game

Frankie
Why are we forgetting about Denver? They are a major contender for Luck. We need to Denver to win some games, just in case we accidentally beat them once or twice.

That is very true. It's been very difficult not to notice Elway's hard-on for Luck. He'll probably pull a dramatic draft day trade to get him.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
I was a Barkley man before I converted to Luck last year. Im down

jd1020
Schedule. Say it with me. Schedule.

They've already beaten Arizona. They have yet to play St. Louis. They've got more games against Arizona and San Francisco.

It can happen.

You look at the shitty teams they play but ignore the shitty teams we play...

Hammock Parties
10-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Malarkey for Barkley

Frankie
I don't see us losing to the Colts and the Dolphins. That is why we needed to lose this game

Exactly what I mean. These are tie breaker games, and with toughness of schedule working against us we are not in a favorable position for the first pick to begin with.

RealSNR
You look at the shitty teams they play but ignore the shitty teams we play...Uhh... no.

I've mentioned Indy, Denver x2, and Miami. Those are our crap teams.

IF (meaning hypothetically) we lose to Indy next week (and you have to acknowledge that it's very possible) then we're in great shape. Indy can tie our record and we'll have the breaker over them.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Uhh... no.

IF (meaning hypothetically) we lose to Indy next week (and you have to acknowledge that it's very possible) then we're in great shape. Indy can tie our record and we'll have the breaker over them.

We aren't in great shape for anything. This team is going to win at least 3 games. Seattle isn't going to win 4.

Time to rejoin reality.

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
JFC. I knew this would happen. I posted positive stuff all week and it made no difference.

WE CAN STILL DO THIS, QUITTERS. DON'T GIVE UP NOW.

SUCK FOR LUCK!

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:25 PM
We aren't in great shape for anything. This team is going to win at least 3 games. Seattle isn't going to win 4.

Time to rejoin reality.
Where the fuck is this coming from? You've been a Chiefs fan too long.

THOSE ARE EVEN FUCKING ODDS AND YOU CLAIM WE HAVE NO CHANCE AT LUCK.

Doctor: jd1020, you have cancer. You have 50:50 odds of survival.
Jd1020: FUCK I'M DONE. GIVE ME MORPHINE

Sanka
10-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Colts, Miami, Denver. It's time to drop this Suck for Luck bullshit. The Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league but they arent THE worst team.

Yea screw this suck for luck shit cause we need to draft bowes replacement... Fuckin reetodd

RealSNR
SUCK.

FOR.

LUCK.

jd1020
Where the **** is this coming from? You've been a Chiefs fan too long.

THOSE ARE EVEN ****ING ODDS AND YOU CLAIM WE HAVE NO CHANCE AT LUCK.

Jd1020: **** I'M DONE. GIVE ME MORPHINE

There isn't a 50/50 chance of getting Luck... Idiot.

tk13
10-02-2011, 02:29 PM
The funny part is there are 12 weeks left in the season. And we're sitting here picking apart the schedule like playoff odds. Makes your head hurt. Long way to go... and half the league is probably legitimately in play for a top 5 pick.

Miami, Cincy, Cleveland, Jax, Indy, KC, Denver, Minnesota, Carolina and probably the entire NFC West are all in play. Everyone of those teams could end up 5-11/4-12 or worse. Way too long to go.

RealSNR
10-02-2011, 02:31 PM
The funny part is there are 12 weeks left in the season. And we're sitting here picking apart the schedule like playoff odds. Makes your head hurt. Long way to go... and half the league is probably legitimately in play for a top 5 pick.

Miami, Cincy, Cleveland, Jax, Indy, KC, Denver, Minnesota, Carolina and probably the entire NFC West are all in play. Everyone of those teams could end up 5-11/4-12 or worse. Way too long to go.NOOOOOOOOOPE

STICK A FORK IN US. WE'RE WINNING 6 GAMES.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM

The Chiefs first three opponents are a combined 9-2, and should be 10-2 by the end of today.

They clearly were not prepared coming into the season. They clearly underestimated Buffalo, and Detroit is one of the elite teams in the league.

They went toe to toe with the Chargers.

The reality is that the Chiefs just lost to one of the teams they are competing with. And, they are going to beat the Colts as well.

And, it looks like the Chiefs are getting better. Obviously, they have no shot at a playoff appearance. I don't think they will hit .500. But, they will have 5-6 wins. And, that will be a far cry from the #1 pick.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Yea screw this suck for luck shit cause we need to draft bowes replacement...

Where the hell did that come from?! :banghead:

Frankie
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
There isn't a 50/50 chance of getting Luck... Idiot.

Dude, chill. It's a harmless debate.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 03:10 PM
The reality is that the Chiefs just lost to one of the teams they are competing with.

When?

tredadda
10-02-2011, 05:08 PM
The Colts aren't the only team... Miami and Seattle are probably the #1 contenders. I don't see any possible way we lose more games than Seattle.

I do. The NFC West isn't exactly filled with juggernauts. Seattle has less chance of picking #1 overall than KC does.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
I do. The NFC West isn't exactly filled with juggernauts. Seattle has less chance of picking #1 overall than KC does.

Generally what happens when a sucky team plays against a sucks more team the sucky team wins.

chiefscafan
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Barkley is matt cassel 2 we don't want him

tecumseh
10-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Posters have alot of faith in Pioli,regardless of where we are on the draft board, I'll believe it when I see it. Having said that, I could go for a decade of Luck.

Thig Lyfe
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM

Actually, Christian Thomas is Matt Cassel II. He's the current third string tight end at USC.

tredadda
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM

Except Barkley actually started in college as a freshman until now. He wasn't a backup his college career. Also Barkley didn't cover kickoffs, nor was he the third string TE in college.

notorious
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Actually, Christian Thomas is Matt Cassel II. He's the current third string tight end.

LMAO......:facepalm:

chiefscafan
10-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I live in CA seen him panics just like cassel we dontwant him the foiles kid az would be interesting id like to see what stanzi can do

jd1020
10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I've never seen this Foiles kid. Got any tape?

Frankie
10-02-2011, 10:54 PM

I don't see it. I think you see a USC QB named Matt and say uh oh!

You need to opine based on better evidence.

Bewbies
10-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Where the **** is this coming from? You've been a Chiefs fan too long.

THOSE ARE EVEN ****ING ODDS AND YOU CLAIM WE HAVE NO CHANCE AT LUCK.

Jd1020: **** I'M DONE. GIVE ME MORPHINE

When Charlie Sheen freaked out about winning this was what was running through his head. :D

Bewbies
10-02-2011, 11:19 PM
The NFC West will beat each other. The #1 pick will not come out of that division.

NJChiefsFan
10-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Uhh... no.

Why would we have the tie-breaker over Indy? Pretty sure if we tie anyone, we will lose that tie-breaker.

Joe Seahawk
10-03-2011, 12:40 AM
nevermind. great album..

RealSNR
10-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Why would we have the tie-breaker over Indy? Pretty sure if we tie anyone, we will lose that tie-breaker.Because in this scenario we lose to Indy. Head-to-head before strength of schedule, bruh

ZootedGranny
10-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Because in this scenario we lose to Indy. Head-to-head before strength of schedule, bruh

Strength of schedule is the first tie-breaker. In fact, I don't think head to head is a factor in draft position.

There's still plenty of season left to decide the strength of schedule, but right now it looks as if the Chiefs have to have the worst record in order to get #1 overall.

Frankie
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Strength of schedule is the first tie-breaker. In fact, I don't think head to head is a factor in draft position.

Do you have a link to verify this? Not trying to be a dick, just curious.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Do you have a link to verify this? Not trying to be a dick, just curious.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

SuckForLuck
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

1) Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
2) The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
3) The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
4) The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
5) The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
What kind of stats do you want to see bout Barkley I've seen him play very overrated. Foiles from AZ has no receivers the guy has talent . Cassel is a fiery leader but guys he doesn't have the talent. I'd rather have a leader that can also excel at the position.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 11:32 AM
What kind of stats do you want to see bout Barkley I've seen him play very overrated. Foiles from AZ has no receivers the guy has talent . Cassel is a fiery leader but guys he doesn't have the talent. I'd rathe have a leader that can also excel at the position.

I still need tape of this Foiles guy. You've peaked my interest but I've never seen him play.

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Ok here is a write up on Barkley this paragraph worries me bout him.

However, tends to get deliberate when throwing. Leads defenders in too easy. Lacks the ability to create on his own outside the pocket. Needs more experience. Barkley is one of the most recognized players in college football. He is a big, powerful passer with great physical skills and the mental make-up of an NFL QB. In two years, the Newport Beach product will be playing on Sundays.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Ok here is a write up on Barkley this paragraph worries me bout him.

However, tends to get deliberate when throwing. Leads defenders in too easy. Lacks the ability to create on his own outside the pocket. Needs more experience. Barkley is one of the most recognized players in college football. He is a big, powerful passer with great physical skills and the mental make-up of an NFL QB. In two years, the Newport Beach product will be playing on Sundays.

You dug up a scouting report from 2 fucking years ago, :clap:

Meanwhile... who the hell is Foiles and I want tape!

RealSNR
10-03-2011, 11:45 AM
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

1) Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
2) The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
3) The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
4) The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
5) The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.Fucking gay

suds79
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
You dug up a scouting report from 2 ****ing years ago, :clap:

Meanwhile... who the hell is Foiles and I want tape!

Not sure exactly what you're looking for.

There's a thread in draftplanet about other QBs than Luck with clips from all the guys.

Here was the clip on Foles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K4PV1xf9lhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I know who Foles is, who is Foiles?

RealSNR
10-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I know who Foles is, who is Foiles?Order of operations, dude.

Front, outside, inside, leftover, and extra semen

(w+x)(y+z)=
wy + wz + xy + xz

And then you jizz on your math paper

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Nick foles doesn't have much around him but shows what kind of talent he has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8nkLB3QnI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ChiefMojo
10-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I'll be honest, I don't know how good Foles really is? I say that because he reminds me of Cassel. I hate his offense... just dink and dunk crap. Maybe it was the game plan due to facing Okie State's defense, but still nothing down the field.

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok sorry didn't know there was a thread bout other QBs I'd still rather have luck but I know I don't want Barkley. Yes it's two years ago it was the first report I found on him I'll try to find one more updated. But believe me guys he is overated.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Ok sorry didn't know there was a thread bout other QBs I'd still rather have luck but I know I don't want Barkley. Yes it's two years ago it was the first report I found on him I'll try to find one more updated. But believe me guys he is overated.

I'll never believe someone who can't spell the name of the person they are trying to sell me on.

Foles is, at best, the #4 QB on anyone's list that isn't completely biased. And we're talking about a 2nd round pick with Foles.

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
That video also isn't a fair representation of foles. I can search and find bad videos Barkley too if ya want.

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Believe me or not I don't really care I know what I've seen. If you draft Barkley you'll notice like cassel he panics in the pocket .

jd1020
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
That video also isn't a fair representation of foles. I can search and bad videos PF Barkley too if ya want.

I can search for bad games from Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rivers if ya want. News flash: Everyone has them.

Sucky
10-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Barkley would be great too if we don't get Luck

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Yep and the clip of foles is a bad game and you judge him on that.

Check the one I posted shows he can throw deep and accurate as I said doesnt have much around him. Draft Barkley but if we do this we will regret it. Hopefully then stanzi can beat him out. Still want Luck though.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
When did I ever judge Foles on the clip posted? I didn't even watch the clip.

Luck/Barkley/Jones are all > Foles.

chiefscafan
10-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Not you the person said he can't throw deep etc. That is a terrible video on how good foles is.

Frosty
10-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll be honest, I don't know how good Foles really is? I say that because he reminds me of Cassel. I hate his offense... just dink and dunk crap. Maybe it was the game plan due to facing Okie State's defense, but still nothing down the field.

Foles doesn't have many weapons around him. However, the second half of the USC game (which I don't think many here watched) shows what he can do even with the crap receivers. If AZ got that onside kick, I think they tie it up. USC had no answer for Foles by then.

Barkley just had to throw to a wide open Woods all game.

Nightfyre
10-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Barkley's passes do not have consistent zip. they float, almost dangle. no thanks.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Barkley's passes do not have consistent zip. they float, almost dangle. no thanks.

That's what happens when you throw off your back foot... something any legitimate NFL team can fix.

Phobia
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
More USC QBs??? not convinced.

This is crazy. Who cares where the QB came from? All I care about is their size, development, vision, and cannon. He can come from USC, SCU, UCS - do not care at all. If a dude can develop into a stud NFL QB he can hail from whereever AFAIC.

Munson
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
This is crazy. Who cares where the QB came from? All I care about is their size, development, vision, and cannon. He can come from USC, SCU, UCS - do not care at all. If a dude can develop into a stud NFL QB he can hail from whereever AFAIC.

This. I'll bet if Barkley went to one of the local schools like KU, Mizzou, OU, or Texas, people would be jizzing in their pants at the thought of him in a Chiefs uniform.

Frankie
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM

It's just being fashionable as a CP poster. If a QB is from USC, he's automatically bad!

This forum was almost all against Palmer too. We did not have a chance at Palmer in that particular draft but boy was I wishing we did! I got a lot of flack for talking up Palmer the USC QB.

ModSocks
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
That's what happens when you throw off your back foot... something any legitimate NFL team can fix.

Those things can sometimes be hard to fix.

ModSocks
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Yep and the clip of foles is a bad game and you judge him on that.

Bad games are some of the best games to judge a QB on.

lcarus
10-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Bad games are some of the best games to judge a QB on.

That's why it's been so easy to judge Chiefs quarterbacks over the years. :)

whoman69
10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
The bottom line is the Chiefs need someone to try to develop as a QB which they have never done successfully in their whole history. It may be Stanzi, it may be someone we draft in the coming year. Trying to latch on to a franchise QB in their last years or thinking some perennial backup is that franchise QB is not going to get the job done anymore.

Nightfyre
10-03-2011, 02:18 PM

And Lane Kiffin can't? Sorry, dude has a legit nfl coach and isnt that polished.

Frankie
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
And Lane Kiffin can't? Sorry, dude has a legit nfl coach and isnt that polished.

I only saw Barkley once last year and then this weekend. He looked pretty damned polished to me for a junior. Will he need more? Of course, but he seems pretty damned talented.

Nightfyre
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I only saw Barkley once last year and then this weekend. He looked pretty damned polished to me for a junior. Will he need more? Of course, but he seems pretty damned talented.

Maybe I need to watch more footage, but all I saw when I watched was another overhyped USC QB, although one with the raw size, athleticism and arm strength to merit a first round pick.

Frosty
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I only saw Barkley once last year and then this weekend.

You do realize that he played against possibly the worst defense in the FBS? Too bad you didn't watch him the week before when USC was shellacked at home by Arizona State. Barkley threw two picks and fumbled once in that game.

The guy is too inconsistent considering the weapons he has around him.