PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Suck For Robert Griffin III

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sam Hall
10-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Like it or not, Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley probably won't be on the board when we pick. I think we need to focus our attention toward Robert Griffin III. If you've seen him, you know how dynamic he is. If Cam Newton, Christian Ponder and Jake Locker can be early draft picks, so can RG3. If Cam Newton can be a dynamic NFL quarterback, so can RG3.

Fear not, my fellow Chiefs fans. We can win some games and still draft a dynamic quarterback.

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Petro was all over this dude's nuts a few days ago

I'll take it

jd1020
10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Gimmick.

suds79
10-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm almost to the point to where I'm about to say F it.

If we can't get Luck and win championships, lets at least get some exciting football in here.

Sure I'll take the next Michael Vick.

10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't care. Just draft a QB worthy of a first round pick and put Cassel behind us please.

Rausch
10-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Gono was the best TE to come out in years when we drafted him.

That year we traded up, gave up what we had to, and took him.

This year we need to pay whatever it takes to get the best QB out there for this franchise...

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Gono was the best TE to come out in years when we drafted him.

That year we traded up, gave up what we had to, and took him.

This year we need to pay whatever it takes to get the best QB out there for this franchise...

Problem is Elway will outbid Pioli

jd1020
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM

Completely retarded idea. It's going to take a kings ransom to trade for that top pick. This team has too many big holes to fill to blow their entire draft on 1 player. I don't want the Chiefs to be the next Colts. I want them to be the next Steelers. Any one of the top 3 QB's has potential to be a franchise QB.

KcMizzou
10-02-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd be stoked about RG3 on the Chiefs.

Beats the shit out of what we have now.

Molitoth
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I watched Baylor against kstate and III was accurate and a running threat, the kid looked really damn good.

kstater
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Dude wilted when the pressure of the game came. Absolutely crumbled when things stopped going his way.

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZsQWIoC1Ic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks good to me

Titty Meat
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Barkley >

Titty Meat
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Dude wilted when the pressure of the game came. Absolutely crumbled when things stopped going his way.

This. He lost the game for Baylor with that pick.

Rausch
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Then he's a fucking idiot...

jd1020
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZsQWIoC1Ic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks good to me

Everyone looks good in a highlight video.

KcMizzou
Dude wilted when the pressure of the game came. Absolutely crumbled when things stopped going his way.I thought Josh Freeman always looked like shit against Mizzou, and would never be an NFL QB.

:shrug:

Shogun
#LayATurdForRobertGriffinIII

Rausch
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Completely retarded idea. It's going to take a kings ransom to trade for that top pick. This team has too many big holes to fill to blow their entire draft on 1 player.

I don't completely agree but I'd bet money this is exactly what Pioli thinks and why LUCK will never happen in KC.

Pioli knows he can rape and trade down IF we got the top pick.

If we don't he won't trade up for it.

In short, Luck isn't coming to KC. Won't happen. On top of our team facing a tough schedule and losing record fans thinking they can help by hoping we lose will only compound their pain when they finally realize this...

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
#LayATurdForRobertGriffinIII

Are you still doing the #FakeMattCassel thing?

Shogun
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Are you still doing the #FakeMattCassel thing?

I havent, i probably should though with all the material i can use now

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-02-2011, 03:30 PM
I havent, i probably should though with all the material i can use now

Get on it dude, we need some comedy today

Brock
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't completely agree but I'd bet money this is exactly what Pioli thinks and why LUCK will never happen in KC.

Pioli knows he can rape and trade down IF we got the top pick.

If we don't he won't trade up for it.

In short, Luck isn't coming to KC. Won't happen. On top of our team facing a tough schedule and losing record fans thinking they can help by hoping we lose will only compound their pain when they finally realize this...

Yeah, that's a bunch of nonsense. If KC has the pick, it's Luck. Otherwise, it's empty stadiums next year too.

Fritz88
10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
How is that different than starting Stanzi?
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
10-02-2011, 03:47 PM
How is that different than starting Stanzi?
Posted via Mobile DeviceWell, he's got a shit ton more talent than Stanzi...

Hootie
10-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Pass.

MahiMike
10-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't want another Vick. That dude will always be hurt in NFL.

Bearcat
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Under normal circumstances, a fickle attitude after a win is very predictable... fans seek hope and overemphasize one victory, no matter how small.

This fickle "we aren't bad enough" stuff is pretty pathetic though. People hope they lose, then when the Chiefs win by kicking 5 FGs and scoring a TD on one big play against an awful team at home, they lose more hope and say they aren't bad enough.

Hilarious.

I'm not arguing for/against the whole S4L thing... fickle fan is fickle.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Under normal circumstances, a fickle attitude after a win is very predictable... fans seek hope and overemphasize one victory, no matter how small.

This fickle "we aren't bad enough" stuff is pretty pathetic though. People hope they lose, then when the Chiefs win by kicking 5 FGs and scoring a TD on one big play against an awful team at home, they lose more hope and say they aren't bad enough.

Hilarious.

Except that people that are on the S4L bandwagon still say we are bad enough and cling to hope and the people that have never been on the bandwagon continue to look elsewhere.

mnchiefsguy
10-02-2011, 04:18 PM
At this point, I want Luck, and I think if the Chiefs really want him, either we will be in that draft position, or we can trade up to get him. There are a few teams that sucking right now who will not be shopping for a qb, even if it is Luck (St. Louis comes to mind right of the top of my head), that would be willing to trade out of the top spot. There is a lot football from now till the draft, we will just have to see how it plays out.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
At this point, I want Luck, and I think if the Chiefs really want him, either we will be in that draft position, or we can trade up to get him. There are a few teams that sucking right now who will not be shopping for a qb, even if it is Luck (St. Louis comes to mind right of the top of my head), that would be willing to trade out of the top spot. There is a lot football from now till the draft, we will just have to see how it plays out.

Only 2 teams would be willing to trade the pick. St. Louis and Carolina. But... it doesn't matter because they are teams out there looking for a QB that will be willing to spend a lot more than Pioli.

Bump
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I've been focusing only on Luck, I haven't paid much attention to anybody else really except a little bit of Landry (who I do not want btw). Is this guy the next Vick or something? He's black and a black QB could never survive here in KC, most of you still think Vick sucks even though he is a beast.

Tribal Warfare
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM

If it happens then the move is all Clark's, because Pioli will be kicking screaming trying to convince Clark that Cassel is the answer.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I've been focusing only on Luck, I haven't paid much attention to anybody else really except a little bit of Landry (who I do not want btw). Is this guy the next Vick or something? He's black and a black QB could never survive here in KC, most of you still think Vick sucks even though he is a beast.

He's a fast QB who takes advantage of a slow league.

Brock
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
If it happens then the move is all Clark's, because Pioli will be kicking screaming trying to convince Clark that Cassel is the answer.

:rolleyes: Yeah. Sure.

Bump
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
if we can't get Luck, Pioli is gonna pass on the next best QB and take a tackle, because that;s the missing piece in getting Cassel to awesomeness.

tredadda
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Freaking NE will outbid Pioli (not saying they will, just trying to prove a point). Until Pioli proves otherwise, I have no faith that he will trade up. More than likely he will trade down and try to get a QB later in either the first or in later rounds.

aturnis
10-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Fuck that, I want no part in him.

LiveSteam
10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
No luv for that kid playing at Wisconsin? He is a 100 times better than G-III.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
No luv for that kid playing at Wisconsin? He is a 100 times better than G-III.

I don't put much value on any QB who runs in college. Especially one who runs and is smaller than Kellen Moore.

GoHuge
10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
This. He lost the game for Baylor with that pick.That pick wasn't half as bad as the one Cassel threw in SD to lose the game for us.........actually that's the worst one I've ever seen so it's easy to throw that one out there. Yeah that pick hurt them, but without him that game wasn't close and Baylor ain't shit.

RG3 threw 5 TD's yesterday and and is still over 80% passing with a 18-1 INT-TD ratio. Not too shabby. I can't remember seeing a guy that could fire the ball the way he does with such accuracy. That shit yesterday was just sick, but I don't like the way it takes him a long time getting up when he's sacked. I don't know if he was hurt each time or if some of it was just theater. Even the broadcasters commented on it a lot. None of the shots he took looked real vicious either......though I'm sure they didn't feel good either.

The Vick comparison isn't real accurate either other than they are both black. RG3 is a pass first QB that happens to be a great athlete and can run and make plays on his own. Until last year Vick was never that. He's been an over 60% passer only once (I believe). RG3 is also 6'2" 220.......a lot bigger dude than Vick. Again they're both black...........bout the only thing between them that is similar.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
That pick wasn't half as bad as the one Cassel threw in SD to lose the game for us.........actually that's the worst one I've ever seen so it's easy to throw that one out there. Yeah that pick hurt them, but without him that game wasn't close and Baylor ain't shit.

RG3 threw 5 TD's yesterday and and is still over 80% passing with a 18-1 INT-TD ratio. Not too shabby. I can't remember seeing a guy that could fire the ball the way he does with such accuracy. That shit yesterday was just sick, but I don't like the way it takes him a long time getting up when he's sacked. I don't know if he was hurt each time or if some of it was just theater. Even the broadcasters commented on it a lot. None of the shots he took looked real vicious either......though I'm sure they didn't feel good either.

The Vick comparison isn't real accurate either other than they are both black. RG3 is a pass first QB that happens to be a great athlete and can run and make plays on his own. Until last year Vick was never that. He's been an over 60% passer only once (I believe). RG3 is also 6'2" 220.......a lot bigger dude than Vick. Again they're both black...........bout the only thing between them that is similar.

So you are saying RG3 is better than Vick? WTF?!

Epic Fail 007
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
hes a black qb in college thats gets hyped up cause hes black like they all do in college and thrives against weak d

crispystl
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
That pick wasn't half as bad as the one Cassel threw in SD to lose the game for us.........actually that's the worst one I've ever seen so it's easy to throw that one out there. Yeah that pick hurt them, but without him that game wasn't close and Baylor ain't shit.

I'll take RG3 at least this team would be fun to watch. Honestly after Luck he would be my first choice.

crispystl
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
hes a black qb in college thats gets hyped up cause hes black like they all do in college and thrives against weak d

Not this guy again

KC Hawks
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't want Andrew Luck, he's white like Ryan Leaf.

10-02-2011, 05:02 PM

He was hit as he threw that pass. There was nothing he could have done at that point to avoid the interception.

Sam Hall
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Baylor isn't in position to win that game without him.

10-02-2011, 05:09 PM

He didn't lose that game. KSU won that game by getting to the QB and hitting him as he threw.

kstater
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM

I wasn't referring to that pick. The interception was a good play by the defense that altered the throw.

Sam Hall
10-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Barkley >

I don't necessarily disagree. I think RG3 could close the gap between himself and Barkley. Both could be great prospects. I just don't think Barkley will be on the board when we pick, and I'm fine with it.

Sam Hall
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Hilarious.

I think you misinterpreted my OP. My message was optimistic. I think we can win some games and still draft a franchise quarterback. We don't need to tank the season.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't necessarily disagree. I think RG3 could close the gap between himself and Barkley. Both could be great prospects. I just don't think Barkley will be on the board when we pick, and I'm fine with it.

How high do you think we are going to pick? lol.

I dont think the Colts, Cincinnati, or Vikings pick a QB other than Luck.

notorious
10-02-2011, 05:23 PM
JFC, evidently people don't watch the games.

RG3 was awesome, but he had a few crybaby moments, which leads me to believe he isn't mentally strong.

Anyone who thinks that the pick was his fault didn't watch the game. KSU made a great play by hitting him and Brown barely avoided choking on the pick.

RG3 is an excellent QB, but I am not sold on his NFL potential yet. #1 for Baylor was awesome, too.

tredadda
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't want Andrew Luck, he's white like Ryan Leaf.

Obviously you aren't serious. Are you?

notorious
10-02-2011, 05:30 PM

He is as serious as midget trying to reach a stand up urinal.

tredadda
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM

LOL

whoman69
10-02-2011, 05:33 PM

Sounds like a mental midget, and what he's holding at the urinal certainly doesn't get rid of the notion.

KC Hawks
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Dead serious.

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Freaking NE will outbid Pioli (not saying they will, just trying to prove a point). Until Pioli proves otherwise, I have no faith that he will trade up. More than likely he will trade down and try to get a QB later in either the first or in later rounds.

Maybe Mallet would be part of the trade

Anything is better than Cassel at this point

chris
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Jones. Broke all of Bradford's records.

Brock
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Really wouldn't upset me.

notorious
10-02-2011, 06:21 PM

The record that is really impressive is the most "3 yard curls turned into 60 yard TD's" in a career.

I don't see what people see in him.

Nightfyre
10-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Hilarious.

Dont forget that the big play was to a wide open Bowe (due to the CB tripping) followed by his leet moves to the endzone.

tredadda
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Because Bradford was injured half of his college career. Perspective. Bradford is far superior to Jones in every aspect except maybe health.

Brock
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
The record that is really impressive is the most "3 yard curls turned into 60 yard TD's" in a career.

I don't see what people see in him.

Right, and Sam Bradford doesn't have to throw to covered receivers or read defenses.

Heard all this shit before.

notorious
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Right, and Sam Bradford doesn't have to throw to covered receivers or read defenses.

It's not really shit, it's OU's offense.

He might be able to make the throws, but I have yet to see him do it consistantly.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
My desktop image for now...

http://www.carolinarefs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Robert-Griffin1.jpg

:)

ct
11-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Or...sign Drew Brees as Saints' Franchise Player, give up the 2 #1s and BOOM, contendahs...

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Griffin is the next Steve McNair.

King_Chief_Fan
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Like it or not, Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley probably won't be on the board when we pick. I think we need to focus our attention toward Robert Griffin III. If you've seen him, you know how dynamic he is. If Cam Newton, Christian Ponder and Jake Locker can be early draft picks, so can RG3. If Cam Newton can be a dynamic NFL quarterback, so can RG3.

Fear not, my fellow Chiefs fans. We can win some games and still draft a dynamic quarterback.

I don't think picking a QB within the first round or 2nd round is in Pioli's 20 year game plan

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Because Bradford was injured half of his college career. Perspective. Bradford is far superior to Jones in every aspect except maybe health.

Jones has a stronger arm.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Pioli is not drafting a QB in the 1st.

Ever.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Ever.

2nd?

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 12:33 PM

This is the same way I felt regarding Jones.

But then I watched him play.

He doesn't look like an NFL QB to me. His accuracy is nowhere near Bradford's. He freaks out under any signs of pressure.

That's what I found most alarming about him aside from the spread offense thing.

VERY bad under pressure and his accuracy is all over the place. I watched him miss short out routes by a mile.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 12:36 PM
It's not really shit, it's OU's offense.

He might be able to make the throws, but I have yet to see him do it consistantly.

This.

I've been watching Barkley and Jones whenever I can this year. Barkley, IMO, has a better skill set for the NFL.

Whenever I saw Jones in an "NFL like Situation" he shit himself. Very Cassel like.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
BTW, this does not mean I wouldn't take him and cheer for him to succeed. He just seems more like a late first, early 2nd rnd QB, not a top 10. But if he's the guy the Chiefs pick, You can probably count on me to go full homer.

SAUTO
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah. Sure.

no shit lol

jd1020
11-17-2011, 12:55 PM
This is the same way I felt regarding Jones.

But then I watched him play.

He doesn't look like an NFL QB to me. His accuracy is nowhere near Bradford's. He freaks out under any signs of pressure.

That's what I found most alarming about him aside from the spread offense thing.

VERY bad under pressure and his accuracy is all over the place. I watched him miss short out routes by a mile.

Pretty much everyone that scouts/grades players for a living says Jones' accuracy is a positive.

Funny how people can bash on Jones for OU's offense and praise a guy who plays in the exact same fucking offense.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Pretty much everyone that scouts/grades players for a living says Jones' accuracy is a positive.

Funny how people can bash on Jones for OU's offense and praise a guy who plays in the exact same ****ing offense.

I'm not bashing on OU's offense. I really don't care too much about that, which is why I quoted Brock. People always talk about the spread, blah blah blah. More often than not, it makes little difference.

But if you watch the games, under duress, his accuracy goes to complete shit. He panics and his footwork goes to hell.

Even when he's standing with no one around I've seen him miss wide open throws.

He's not even close to Bradford's accuracy.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 01:00 PM

Funny how people can bash on Jones for OU's offense and praise a guy who plays in the exact same ****ing offense.

I'll play - who gets the praise for the same offense?

People are naturally drawn to QB's who have the coaching authority to stray from the system a bit. It's boring to watch Jones because he doesn't call audibles/change plays, etc. He takes the call, makes a read, if it isn't there he checks down. If he's under pressure he throws it away. They have a good D they rely on rather than forcing things on O.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll play - who gets the praise for the same offense?

People are naturally drawn to QB's who have the coaching authority to stray from the system a bit. It's boring to watch Jones because he doesn't call audibles/change plays, etc. He takes the call, makes a read, if it isn't there he checks down. If he's under pressure he throws it away. They have a good D they rely on rather than forcing things on O.

Give ya a hint: He's black.

BoneKrusher
11-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't care. Just draft a QB worthy of a first round pick and put Cassel behind us please.

my feelings as well.
we need a QB to build around who's not a Career backup.

Ming the Merciless
11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Then he's a ****ing idiot...

hes an idiot for employing the same strategy YOU want to employ?

lol....

RealSNR
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Funny how people can bash on Jones for OU's offense and praise a guy who plays in the exact same fucking offense.Offense has nothing to do with it. Both QBs have a lot of question marks, but one guy (RGIII) has athleticism up the wazoo and a good arm that can make accurate throws. Jones has yet to flash, which is why people are down on him. Out of the two, if there's one guy who could be Matt Cassel, it's Jones

Chief Faithful
11-17-2011, 02:03 PM
With the current OL the team needs a QB that can run like a RB. STFU

jd1020
11-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Offense has nothing to do with it. Both QBs have a lot of question marks, but one guy (RGIII) has athleticism up the wazoo and a good arm that can make accurate throws. Jones has yet to flash, which is why people are down on him. Out of the two, if there's one guy who could be Matt Cassel, it's Jones

Except that Jones is accurate and actually has an arm.

I'm sure Cassel just looks inaccurate because of how many times he goes deep, though.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Hopefully Tebow keeps on winning

Rausch
11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
hes an idiot for employing the same strategy YOU want to employ?

lol....

No clue what this is in reference to.

Bring me back up to speed here...

MahiMike
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I like RG3 but he's skinny and runs a lot. Not a good combination. He won't last a season. We'd need a good backup. Cassel?

Rausch
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I want no fucking part of RGIII...

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
This style of QB play does not win in the NFL.

FAX
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
So now we're Whiffin' For Griffin?

I don't see why we can do some kind of trade deal in the draft. Surely somebody would be interested in some of our picks and a couple of players and some cash and some conditional BJs.

FAX

BossChief
11-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Franchise Bowe and trade him along with a 1 and 2 (and maybe even a 2 next year) for the pick to take either Luck or Barkley.

Shit, if they want Cassel in the deal they can have him too. But then we might have to also throw in a 3rd rounder.

ROFL

whoman69
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM

This guy can't right quite like Vick and Vick couldn't pass like this guy out of college. Vick hit less than 50% out of VT. RG3 is around 75% with 10/ypa.

whoman69
11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Franchise Bowe and trade him along with a 1 and 2 (and maybe even a 2 next year) for the pick to take either Luck or Barkley.

Shit, if they want Cassel in the deal they can have him too. But then we might have to also throw in a 3rd rounder.

ROFL

Maybe Indy will take the trade if we exchange all players we have.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't think Vick or Cam had a resume such as this...

http://www.bu-RG3.com/academics/

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm sure Cassel just looks inaccurate because of how many times he goes deep, though.

Thats not what all the talking heads around OKC/Norman who cover the Sooners say...

But keep telling yourself that..

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
No to USC QBS...and Jones.

Give me RG3 early, or Foles late.

tredadda
11-17-2011, 03:25 PM

Scouts have been known to be wrong before hence the first round busts and the late round gems.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
For those who like RG3, I want you to tell me all of the QB with this style of play which have won SBs.

Tribal Warfare
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
For those who like RG3, I want you to tell me all of the QB with this style of play which have won SBs.

Steve Young , Roger Staubach, Joe Montana

he's a mobile QB who keeps is eyes downfield to pass the ball

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM

LMAO okay

Those guys are mobile pocket passers.

RG3 is a RB with an arm.

Try again.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM

This.

He doesn't even like to me known as a running QB. When he does scramble, it usually is enough for the first down and then he dips out of bounce.

whoman69
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Accurate QBs that can move around? Len Dawson, Steve Young, Joe Montana.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
LMAO okay

RG3 is a RB with an arm.

Try again.

A RB who is third nationally in pass efficiency (188.06) and is on pace to break the NCAA single-season record (186.0 by Hawai`i QB Colt Brennan in 2006).

Try again.

Tribal Warfare
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
LMAO okay

RG3 is a RB with an arm.

Try again.

Steve Young had
4,239 yards and scored 43 rushing touchdowns. in his career

and the 43 TDs are the most by a QB ever. he also has the most rushing yards and TDs for a QB ever in the playoffs

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Cam Newton is doing pretty good this year.

HoneyBadger
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Ever.

You don't always have to be a buzz kill.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM

His accuracy is SO inconsistant. I've watched the guy play. I've watched him miss wide open guys by a mile.

Not sure where this accuracy thing is coming from.

What worries me about this guy is how he completely wilts under pressure.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Cordell Stewart v2.0

No thanks...

RealSNR
11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
LMAO okay

RG3 is a RB with an arm.

Try again.Have you even seen RGIII in a game? He's far from a RB with an arm.

Mr_Tomahawk
Cordell Stewart v2.0

No thanks...

Keep trying.

ModSocks
Barkley, Jones, RGIII, Honestly, I just want a Qb that'll give us some hope.

All of them have their warts and postives.

Just give me something to be excited about next season.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Have you even seen RGIII in a game? He's far from a RB with an arm.

This guy just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Has shown NOTHING statistically or ANYTHING to backup his argument.

He is just throwing out random QBs to compare him to.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Big12 QBs suck/draftabulators

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 04:18 PM
If I had to compare a QB to RGIII, I'd go with Randal Cunningham.

But like I said in another thread...or maybe this one, lol, can't remember, but it could just be the Green that makes me think that.

Chief Roundup
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Cincinnati???? They are or were leading their division....

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 04:22 PM
We have a rookie WR who can stretch the field and a QB with the inability of getting it to him unless it is behind him (or on the back of the defender)

...RG3 to Baldwin could become a thing of beauty. :)

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
If I had to compare a QB to RGIII, I'd go with Randal Cunningham.

But like I said in another thread...or maybe this one, lol, can't remember, but it could just be the Green that makes me think that.

Or the Black :)

I'm thinking he could be a better version of Alex Smith.

BossChief
11-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Adding RG3 to our offense (if he could quickly pickup the playbook) would probably allow Charles to return and have even better production.

Mobile QBs help the running game a lot.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Adding RG3 to our offense (if he could quickly pickup the playbook) would probably allow Charles to return and have even better production.

Mobile QBs help the running game a lot.

Defensive Coordinators would have to game plan around our QB for once...

suds79
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I really became a fan of RG3 when I saw him in a few interviews. Talk about a good head on his shoulders. Just struck me as a really intelligent guy.

The QB position being so key with decision making, I'd feel plenty comfortable with that guy leading this team.

Seems to me that mobile QBs in college who can't throw are a dime a dozen but I honestly feel as though he's just different in a special way. I think he could really be something and it would be nice for once to see a Chiefs QB with all the tools you could want.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 04:57 PM
This guy just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Has shown NOTHING statistically or ANYTHING to backup his argument.

He is just throwing out random QBs to compare him to.Kindly go fuck yourself. I voiced my opinion. I don't care for him.

90% of his videos on youtube are of him running.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Cincinnati? Huh?

kcxiv
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Kindly go **** yourself. I voiced my opinion. I don't care for him.

90% of his videos on youtube are of him running.

Well, he would definately need that if Richardson is RT still. haha

At this point,im like many others, i dont give a fuck who they draft as long as its a qb that has a shot at being a good QB.

This not even trying bullshit is wearing thin. Hell, its worn out.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Jones goes against Griffin Saturday night.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Why do people think he's going to be a franchise QB in the NFL?

Sam Hall
11-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm still holding out hope for this guy. As others have said, we need something to get excited about. I don't think we're going anywhere with Cassel (and this offensive line). I don't think we have anything to lose by drafting RG3. It's been so long since this team won a playoff game. We might as well try something different. If it doesn't work out, we'll just stay in our current position.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm still holding out hope for this guy. As others have said, we need something to get excited about. I don't think we're going anywhere with Cassel (and this offensive line). I don't think we have anything to lose by drafting RG3. It's been so long since this team won a playoff game. We might as well try something different. If it doesn't work out, we'll just stay in our current position.

Would you take him over Barkley or Jones?

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 05:45 PM

IMO (which is subject to change any given week)

1. Barkley
2. RGIII
3. Jones.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Some Good things in here, some bad things.

Seems like there are more questions surrounding RGIII than there are Jones. So, maybe my opinion is swinging back towards Jones over RGIII.

I'm sure I'll be flip flopping back and forth as I learn more about each of these guys

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/enl_E_mTUCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
RGIII is Matt Cassel: Tanks in the first half, and depends on the line to make up the difference.

NO GO

jd1020
11-17-2011, 06:02 PM
RG3 looks like he plays in slow motion.

One of the other knocks on Jones is that he has Broyles. I'd take Wright over Broyles any day.

Tribal Warfare

I'd take Ryan Tannehill after RG3

Mr_Tomahawk
RGIII is Matt Cassel: Tanks in the first half, and depends on the line to make up the difference.

NO GO

This is the worst comparison I have seen yet...

jd1020
11-17-2011, 06:04 PM
I'd take Ryan Tannehill after RG3

I like Tannehill a lot. Kinda hoping that if the Chiefs are looking at QB they would look at him in the 2nd and pick Martin/Reiff in the first.

58kcfan89
11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
IMO (which is subject to change any given week)

1. Barkley
2. RGIII
3. Jones.

Co-sign.

I'm not going to get in a gigantic pissing match, because we all have players that we like and don't like. I just happen to really like Griffin and really dislike Jones.

But I don't think there's a chance in hell of Barkley being there when we pick. Unless a whole bunch of teams in front of us win more than 4 or don't need a QB. I'm thinking Luck & Barkley go 1/2 in the draft.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Some Good things in here, some bad things.

Seems like there are more questions surrounding RGIII than there are Jones. So, maybe my opinion is swinging back towards Jones over RGIII.

I'm sure I'll be flip flopping back and forth as I learn more about each of these guys

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/enl_E_mTUCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little stinkle on the Pinkle?

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Some good and some Bad on Jones.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8aM6Nq2gPh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
We'll wind up trading two consecutive 2nd round picks for Flynn, before we do the RG3.

In fact, I'd give a 1st and the next season's 2nd for Flynn. Reason: McCarthy knows talent, when he sees it. Given: he's coached Flynn for 2 seasons; we should deal on that basis.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 06:19 PM
We'll wind up trading two consecutive 2nd round picks for Flynn, before we do the RG3.

In fact, I'd give a 1st and the next season's 2nd for Flynn. Reason: McCarthy knows talent, when he sees it. Given: he's coached Flynn for 2 seasons; we should deal on that basis.

Flynn's first pass of the season was an INT.

Next.

milkman
11-17-2011, 06:19 PM

You don't trade a first round pick for a back up QB.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Flynn's first pass of the season was an INT.

Next.

Look at his performance, afterward. More time for the Baker grad to work with him

Next.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Look at his performance, afterward. More time for the Baker grad to work with him

Next.

He's a preseason all star, nothing more. He's GB's Kolb.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 06:21 PM

You don't trade anything for a FA.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Unless you're Peterson. Or, worse, Pioli. (LOOK at who is our starting QB!)

milkman
11-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Unless you're Peterson. Or, worse, Pioli. (LOOK at who is our starting QB!)

I said the same damn thing back when Trent Green was Peterson's target.

And in spite of the fact that trading for Cassel was a bad idea, Pioli did not give up a first for him.

whoman69
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM

Now that's the Chiefs way of doing things.

milkman
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
As a matter of fact, I said we gave up too much for Joe Montana.

First round QBs should be guys you used that first round pick to select, not some other team's castoffs.

If you give up more than a 3rd for some other team's castoff, you give up too much.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 06:30 PM

And in spite of the fact that trading for Cassel was a bad idea, Pioli did not give up a first for him.

NO. He gave up more. How many picks did we shell out for Dunderboy? And Millions of $$$'s? It all adds up to a consensus between us, don't it?

Tribal Warfare
I like Tannehill a lot. Kinda hoping that if the Chiefs are looking at QB they would look at him in the 2nd and pick Martin/Reiff in the first.

if he's there I'd take him in the 1st.

kcxiv
Why do people think he's going to be a franchise QB in the NFL?No one knows if he is or not, NO one knows if Barkley, Jones or anyone else outside of Luck.

TAKE the damn chance. If they fail, they fail, but at least they tried. Thats the worst thing from all these years, they the Chiefs dont even TRY.

milkman
11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
NO. He gave up more. How many picks did we shell out for Dunderboy? And Millions of $$$'s? It all adds up to a consensus between us, don't it?

We gave up a second for Cassel and Vrabel.

Contracts are an entirely separate issue from draft picks.

GoHuge
11-17-2011, 06:32 PM

And in spite of the fact that trading for Cassel was a bad idea, Pioli did not give up a first for him.Yeah but you're missing the boat here. If we had that second round pick we could have gotten another McCluster!!! :shake:

scho63
11-17-2011, 06:40 PM
We ain't gonna draft another QB two years in a row.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 06:43 PM
We ain't gonna draft another QB two years in a row.

:spock:

Palko is a FA after this season and Pioli has said he wants to draft a QB every year.

Ming the Merciless
11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Play decently in spite of severe injury problems and finish the rest of the season by winning a couple and losing a few, as long as we beat the Raiders on December 24th for RG3!!!!

milkman
11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah but you're missing the boat here. If we had that second round pick we could have gotten another McCluster!!! :shake:

The fact that Pioli has wasted more than one second round pick doesn't make throwing away a second round pick for a useless piece of shit at the most important position in all of team sports any less stupid.

It only suggests strongly that he is a terrible talent evaluator.

KCUnited
11-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Giving victory the bird for Robert Griffin III.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Giving victory the bird for Robert Griffin III.

GVBRG3?

Kinda complicated. Looks more like a plate number. Put A+ for Effort.

Quesadilla Joe
11-17-2011, 07:08 PM
A RB who is third nationally in pass efficiency (188.06) and is on pace to break the NCAA single-season record (186.0 by Hawai`i QB Colt Brennan in 2006).

Try again.

Tim Tebow had the second highest passing efficiency in college football history. So yeah, RG3 can be good in the NFL too.

Stumplifter
11-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Ever.

This

jd1020
11-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Tim Tebow had the second highest passing efficiency in college football history. So yeah, RG3 can be good in the NFL too.

Zing!

Nightfyre
11-17-2011, 07:14 PM
RGIII is a mobile passer. He is accurate on the run, has a quick release and a strong arm. Look:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xURPOglz7hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just because he can run, and Baylor schemes him to run from time to time, does not make him any less a QB. His performance against TCU demonstrates what a threat he is in the pocket.
Look at the accuracy on the pass at 1:09
Look at him go through a progression and make an accurate pass at 1:34
The zip and accuracy of the pass at 1:55
the true gem of this game is at 3:06. That is an NFL back-shoulder throw. 40 yards downfield from left hash to left sideline.
At 3:56, the zip and accuracy on the move.
At 4:05, a 50-yard pass caught in stride from right hash to left sideline.
At 4:45, a 45-yard pass from the left hash to the right sideline.
Plus he leads them on a comeback drive at the end of the game...

Nightfyre
11-17-2011, 07:14 PM
RGIII is a mobile passer. He is accurate on the run, has a quick release and a strong arm. Look:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xURPOglz7hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just because he can run, and Baylor schemes him to run from time to time, does not make him any less a QB. His performance against TCU demonstrates what a threat he is in the pocket.
Look at the accuracy on the pass at 1:09
Look at him go through a progression and make an accurate pass at 1:34
The zip and accuracy of the pass at 1:55
the true gem of this game is at 3:06. That is an NFL back-shoulder throw. 40 yards downfield from left hash to left sideline.
At 3:56, the zip and accuracy on the move.
At 4:05, a 50-yard pass caught in stride from right hash to left sideline.
At 4:45, a 45-yard pass from the left hash to the right sideline.
Plus he leads them on a comeback drive at the end of the game...

jd1020
11-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Seriously? That was an under thrown ball. Wright had his man beat and was 5 yards away from the endzone.

Unless by "gem" you are referring to the catch. Then, I agree.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
We gave up a second for Cassel and Vrabel.

Contracts are an entirely separate issue from draft picks.

That argument held up, only to the extent of JaFatass Russell's pick. Same difference, huh?

milkman
11-17-2011, 07:49 PM
That argument held up, only to the extent of JaFatass Russell's pick. Same difference, huh?

I don't even know what the hell you are trying to say.

I do know, however,know that Cassel sucks, and if you're trying to justify the pick used to acquire him, it doesn't matter what we used to acquire him, it was wasted.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't even know what the hell you are trying to say.

I do know, however, that Cassel sucks, and if you're trying to justify the pick used to acquire him, it doesn't matter what we used to acquire him, it was wasted.

There is no disagreement here, between you and me, that the series of choices was a waste. Cassel proved himself to Pioli, who picked the wrong HC WITH the QB. Charlie Weis was the best and only thing for Cassel, to make his bones in the NFL. Weis is gone, and there's no drive, for #7.

Zorn needs a young mind to mold; Palko and Stanzi are the best fits for him.

Noone is around to polish the turd.

That said, can you differ?

milkman
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
There is no disagreement here, between you and me, that the series of choices was a waste. Cassel proved himself to Pioli, who picked the wrong HC WITH the QB. Charlie Weis was the best and only thing for Cassel, to make his bones in the NFL. Weis is gone, and there's no drive, for #7.

Zorn needs a young mind to mold; Palko and Stanzi are the best fits for him.

Noone is around to polish the turd.

That said, can you differ?

The one thing, then, that we differ on is Charlie Weis' affect.

I'll just quote another post from another thread that I posted.

That is the problem in a nutshell.

You can point your finger at Todd Haley and blame him for the offenssive ineptitude, and yell from the rooftops that Charlie Weis made Matt Cassel look like a pretty good QB.

But that's a falsehood.

The offense looked like dogcrap the first half of the '09 season, but as soon as Charles was inserted into the lineup, it started to show some life.

Matt Cassel benefitted from defenses keying on Charles, and he was able to take advantage of that against weak teams last year.

Take Charles out, and even weak defenses can sit back and dare Cassel to beat them, and we have seen exactly how that works out.

We have the best talent at WR that we have seen in years, but it simply doesn't matter, because we have no one that can get them the ball consistently, and because Cassel is so limited, no way to adjust.

The point to take from this is that it was not Weis that helped Cassel.

It was Charles.

Weis did not polish the turd.

Dayze
11-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I'll take a viagra, and go to work wearing no pants carrying a dozen donuts if the Chiefs draft a QB before the 3rd round.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll take a viagra, and go to work wearing no pants carrying a dozen donuts if the Chiefs draft a QB before the 3rd round.

11 3/4 gonna be in the box?

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 08:08 PM
The one thing, then, that we differ on is Charlie Weis' affect.

I'll just quote another post from another thread that I posted.

It was Charles.

Okay, points taken. The misuse of Battle, and the blocking/play schemes for him and the other RB's, are then to be criticized.

Dayze
11-17-2011, 08:08 PM
11 3/4 gonna be in the box?

LMAO

I tee'd that one up, didn't I.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Dream away. Hostess Mini's are my speed, pardon the pun, but I have to agree. I'm damned glad we don't work in the same office.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 08:42 PM

It was Charles.

Wrong. The playcalling was clearly better with Weis and Cassel looked much more comfortable last year. Much better TD to INT ratio with Weis.

milkman
11-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Wrong. The playcalling was clearly better with Weis and Cassel looked much more comfortable last year. Much better TD to INT ratio with Weis.

No, I'm not wrong.

Charles made that offense go, and made playcalling much easier.

And people bitched about play calling when we played against good teams with good defenses, that didn't have to commit so much to Charles.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 08:46 PM

JC was Matt's binky.

ModSocks
11-17-2011, 09:08 PM
JC was Matt's binky.

Are you saying Cassel sucked on JC?

That's fucking gross.

RealSNR
11-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Wrong. The playcalling was clearly better with Weis and Cassel looked much more comfortable last year. Much better TD to INT ratio with Weis.Cassel also played some of his best football in a Chiefs uniform during that 4-game winning streak this year.

What do you think the common denominator is?

Ming the Merciless
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
We find out weiss is a lame duck and immediately we start sucking on offense....I will leave it to you guys that know football, really know football.....but I mean to a casual observer...it is highly coincidental that we havent done jack shit on offense since weiss left....I do understand that we dont have Charles, thats GOT to hurt too....obviously...but I truly think Weiss leaving was a major setback.

Ming the Merciless
11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Cassel also played some of his best football in a Chiefs uniform during that 4-game winning streak this year.

What do you think the common denominator is?

Definitely solid point, but the 1st part of the season I think was still suffering from the setback...

I honestly dont know enough about Weiss and that whole situation to know if that couldve had an effect, but I mean to the casual observer like myself I would swear up and down that it did.

milkman
11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
We find out weiss is a lame duck and immediately we start sucking on offense....I will leave it to you guys that know football, really know football.....but I mean to a casual observer...it is highly coincidental that we havent done jack shit on offense since weiss left....I do understand that we dont have Charles, thats GOT to hurt too....obviously...but I truly think Weiss leaving was a major setback.

We find out that Weis is a lame duck at the same time we finally face two very good defenses that don't have to commit all their defensive resources to stop Charles.

RealSNR
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Definitely solid point, but the 1st part of the season I think was still suffering from the setback...

I honestly dont know enough about Weiss and that whole situation to know if that couldve had an effect, but I mean to the casual observer like myself I would swear up and down that it did.I know next to nothing about Muir, but what I see on the field is a lack of execution and a failure to dictate what the defense does in the slightest.

I imagine that comes from poor overall offensive coaching, and not just the play calls. In fact, I would go as far to say that Weis was far more conservative in his playcalling than Muir is.

But again, Weis had the most talented RB in the league, too.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Cassel's only good game was Indy

milkman
11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
The passing offense had only 5 games in which passing yards eclipsed 200 yards, only 2 of which were more than 300 yards, and 5 games in which it finished below 150 yards, including 3 in which that number was below 100 yards.

Those are not good numbers.

This offense was Charles, and a few play action plays that worked because of Charles, essentially.

kcxiv
11-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Okay, points taken. The misuse of Battle, and the blocking/play schemes for him and the other RB's, are then to be criticized.

THey are, but in all honesty it doesnt mean shit until you get a Franchise QB. Or attempt to get a franchise qb. NOt a franchise back up.

All the other shit for me is moot. It means NOTHING. If you dont have a damned good qb, you got NOTHING.

Frankie
11-17-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm not a fan of Griffin. College wonder. Pro bust, IMO. I want a prototype pro QB.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 09:56 PM
We find out that Weis is a lame duck at the same time we finally face two very good defenses that don't have to commit all their defensive resources to stop Charles.

Charles got less than 15 touches (pass and run) in half the games. He wasn't always on the field thus all the Plant bitching about how he wasn't being used enough.

Was it easier to open the offense with Charles, of course. But it's completely myopic not to accept the fact that Weis made Cassel a better player.

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Weis is gone. Charles is healing up. Cheifs suck now. End of thread. Whether is Robert or Eddie, this team will be a joke, with either. Hell, I'd rather have Eddie! The jokes would be a lot better!

milkman
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Charles got less than 15 touches (pass and run) in half the games. He wasn't always on the field thus all the Plant bitching about how he wasn't being used enough.

Was it easier to open the offense with Charles, of course. But it's completely myopic not to accept the fact that Weis made Cassel a better player.

I said it was Charles and a soft schedule you fucking dumbass.

Look at his numbers.

He wasn't good against good teams.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I said it was Charles and a soft schedule you ****ing dumbass.

Look at his numbers.

He wasn't good against good teams.

And he hasn't been good against bad teams this year. He was much more consistent with Weis you old grumpy dumb bastard.

milkman
11-17-2011, 10:05 PM
And he hasn't been good against bad teams this year. He was much more consistent with Weis you old grumpy dumb bastard.

He hasn't had Charles against those weak teams this year.

You really are a ****ing dumbass.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I'd spend our top 10 pick on him. I've only seen 3 games this year, but the tools are there. He made some beautiful throws in the TCU game. Also, as others have said, he has a good head on his shoulders, so with coaching you might be able to get a lot out of him at this level.

RGIII would add some excitement going into next year for me at least. I'm with the others who just want someone, anyone in the 1st round to get excited about (bust or not).

Also, if Cassel is our starter next year, I won't be able to cheer for this team, so I kind of have to hope for something like this.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd spend our top 10 pick on him. I've only seen 3 games this year, but the tools are there. He made some beautiful throws in the TCU game. Also, as others have said, he has a good head on his shoulders, so with coaching you might be able to get a lot out of him at this level.

RGIII would add some excitement going into next year for me at least. I'm with the others who just want someone, anyone in the 1st round to get excited about (bust or not).

Also, if Cassel is our starter next year, I won't be able to cheer for this team, so I kind of have to hope for something like this.

Personally, I don't care if Cassel is back next year. I care that he can't do wrong. He hasn't played anywhere near good enough to have so much job security.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
He hasn't had Charles against those weak teams this year.

You really are a ****ing dumbass.

Weis was one of the reasons the offense played better last year. Deal with it.

milkman
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Weis was one of the reasons the offense played better last year. Deal with it.

I don't have to deal with a thing but fucking idiots like you.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Weis was one of the reasons the offense played better last year. Deal with it.LMAO how do you type with Weis' sack covering your eyes?

Dr. Gigglepants
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Personally, I don't care if Cassel is back next year. I care that he can't do wrong. He hasn't played anywhere near good enough to have so much job security.

Agree, for some reason he gets a pass for playing like shit. I'm sure some of that pass is because we have Tyler god damn Palko behind him, but some of it is probably also due to Pioli being an asshole.

Next year we either draft a 1st round QB, start Ricki Stanzi, or I am boycotting this motherfucking team. I want to start the boycott now, but I can't wait for Monday night's game, it's going to be epic.

Fat Elvis
11-17-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm not a fan of Griffin. College wonder. Pro bust, IMO. I want a prototype pro QB.

Prototype pro QB?

6'2" 220lbs?

Have there ever been any other pro QBs like that?

Joe Montana 6'2" 205lbs
Steve Young 6'2" 215lbs
Brett Favre 6'2" 222lbs
Drew Brees 6'0" 209lbs

That's just getting started.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Prototype pro QB?

6'2" 220lbs?

Have there ever been any other pro QBs like that?

Joe Montana 6'2" 205lbs
Steve Young 6'2" 215lbs
Brett Favre 6'2" 222lbs
Drew Brees 6'0" 209lbs

That's just getting started.What he means is, he's not a typical pocket passer. Manning, Brady, etc.

Urc Burry
11-18-2011, 12:41 AM
What he means is, he's not a typical pocket passer. Manning, Brady, etc.

He could be IMO. Baylor is taking advantage of his athletic ability... like they should.

Michael Vick for instance in college was completing 55% of his passes, 8 TD, and 6 picks, the year before he was drafted #1 overall. Griffin is completing almost 75%, with 29 TD's to 5 picks.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM
He could be IMO. Baylor is taking advantage of his athletic ability... like they should.

Michael Vick for instance in college was completing 55% of his passes, 8 TD, and 6 picks, the year before he was drafted #1 overall. Griffin is completing almost 75%, with 29 TD's to 5 picks.

I'm not against drafting him, I'm just not crazy about the dude.

Extra Point
11-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Alright, then. If RG3 is our pick, we have to deal out Lackluster, beforehand. We're only gonna get a 3rd, maybe 4th, for him. We'll throw in the blonde that doesn't know a Chihuahua's pecker from its belly button!

Do I get a harumph?

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Alright, then. If RG3 is our pick, we have to deal out Lackluster, beforehand. We're only gonna get a 3rd, maybe 4th, for him. We'll throw in the blonde that doesn't know a Chihuahua's pecker from its belly button!

Do I get a harumph?

Huh?

evolve27
11-18-2011, 02:43 AM
A lot of mocks have us picking Landry Jones :/

notorious
11-18-2011, 02:47 AM

JFC

That is a nightmare.

kcxiv
11-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Its way to early for mocks to be taken seriously unless your Indy. WE dont know where we are going to end up. More then likely at the top of the draft, but who knows.

I dont think we will draft a wr, we done that, dline? we arent going there again. Safety? nope. CB's. nope? There is only 3 possible positions we can pick. RT but in the first round? i dont think so. Linebacker opposite Tamba? Maybe, other then that QB should be our pick.

Nightfyre
11-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Seriously? That was an under thrown ball. Wright had his man beat and was 5 yards away from the endzone.

Unless by "gem" you are referring to the catch. Then, I agree.

The reason I like this pass is that the CB took away the inside of this route.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1775/orly1.png

RGIII then put the ball where his receiver had a play on it and the DB had no chance of intercepting it.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6479/orly3.png

He could have put it deeper and to the outside, but not likely without running his WR oob, imo.

evolve27
11-18-2011, 02:59 AM
JFC

That is a nightmare.

Its way to early for mocks to be taken seriously unless your Indy. WE dont know where we are going to end up. More then likely at the top of the draft, but who knows.

I dont think we will draft a wr, we done that, dline? we arent going there again. Safety? nope. CB's. nope? There is only 3 possible positions we can pick. RT but in the first round? i dont think so. Linebacker opposite Tamba? Maybe, other then that QB should be our pick.

Ya too early to tell, but Landry Jones has bust written all over him.

kcxiv
11-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Ya too early to tell, but Landry Jones has bust written all over him.

So has everything else we have seen in the last 40 years. Well 35 for me. lol

IF he's the pick, then ill get behind him, if he's a bust, then fuck it we tried i guess. I just want to see some trying here.

bevischief
11-18-2011, 08:23 AM
They are sucking for someone at this point...

Fat Elvis
11-18-2011, 08:58 AM

RG3 can stand in the pocket and deliver the ball (with an accuracy that Mark Castle can only dream about). He just has that really rare ability to scramble as well if he needs to do it. He is not a scramble first QB. He is Steve Young 2.0.

RG3 would make our offense undefendable. Where are you going to focus your defense?

1:1 on Bowe?
1:1 on Baldwin?
You gonna let Moeaki run free in the middle?
How are you going to keep track of Charles?
Someone has to keep tabs on RG3 and make sure he doesn't take off....
And then there's Breaston or McCluster....

That is six legitimate offensive weapons.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Top 5 college QBs

1. Luck
2. Weeden
3. RG3
4. Jones
5. Barkley

Top 5 1st round draftable QBs
1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Jones
4. Barkley
5. ? Maybe Tannehill

suds79
11-18-2011, 09:11 AM

I would like to see the Chiefs be a little forward thinking. I feel like we're always chasing what used to be popular or what is typical in the NFL. The game changes all the time.

Pats win championships picking 3-4 guys when few teams ran it. Now also run it when several, several other teams running it.

"We want a picket passer like Manning & Brady." Nevermind that more recent winning QBs are Ben Rothlisburger & Aaron Rogers who are both very mobile.

You see what Cam Newton is doing now. Shoot, somehow the Broncos are winning games with an option attack.

I'm not saying I want a run 1st QB. Nobody does. I don't think RG3 is that. I'm just asking what's wrong with having a QB who can throw very well and run it when the play breaks down. I think RG3 could be that.

El Jefe
11-18-2011, 09:38 AM
I would like to see the Chiefs be a little forward thinking. I feel like we're always chasing what used to be popular or what is typical in the NFL. The game changes all the time.

Pats win championships picking 3-4 guys when few teams ran it. Now also run it when several, several other teams running it.

"We want a picket passer like Manning & Brady." Nevermind that more recent winning QBs are Ben Rothlisburger & Aaron Rogers who are both very mobile.

You see what Cam Newton is doing now. Shoot, somehow the Broncos are winning games with an option attack.

I'm not saying I want a run 1st QB. Nobody does. I don't think RG3 is that. I'm just asking what's wrong with having a QB who can throw very well and run it when the play breaks down. I think RG3 could be that.

I agree with you, I am willing to give him a try, I must admit I haven't watched a ton of RG3 because his games aren't televised in my area, but all the clips I have watched of him have been pretty impressive.

evolve27
11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
So has everything else we have seen in the last 40 years. Well 35 for me. lol

IF he's the pick, then ill get behind him, if he's a bust, then **** it we tried i guess. I just want to see some trying here.

I'd love to get rid of Cassel and bring in some hope at QB. I live in OKC and the OU fans don't say many good things about him. Judgement day vs OSU will show a lot.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
What is amazing is how much Griffin improved this last year. In 2010 he wasn't that good. You can watch 2010 Texas bowl "highlights" and see a guy you wouldn't draft at all.

-King-
11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
They are sucking for someone at this point...

Yeah.... I'd like to think that...

...but they'll likely draft a punter in the first.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
11-18-2011, 10:49 AM
If we go this long without choosing a first round QB, and then take this guy, I'll puke.

whoman69
11-18-2011, 10:52 AM

Those are probably mocks where RG3 is the third QB picked by Washington.

whoman69
11-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Top 5 college QBs

1. Luck
2. Weeden
3. RG3
4. Jones
5. Barkley

Top 5 1st round draftable QBs
1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Jones
4. Barkley
5. ? Maybe Tannehill

Is the top 5 1st round draftable QB list your own take? Most of the sites I see put it:
1. Luck
2. Barkley
3. Jones
4. RG3

I could see that list being scrambled after the combine when everyone sees how much more an athlete RG3 is than Barkley and Jones.

Dave Lane
11-18-2011, 11:25 AM

Got to say I was more in agreement before I saw the one highlight video. I saw him make a 3 read progression 2 twice in the video. Thats more than Croyles entire career. After watching that i saw something I hadn't seen out of him and I'd be happy with the pick.

jd1020
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Is the top 5 1st round draftable QB list your own take? Most of the sites I see put it:
1. Luck
2. Barkley
3. Jones
4. RG3

I could see that list being scrambled after the combine when everyone sees how much more an athlete RG3 is than Barkley and Jones.

Of course it's his take. Who the hell else has Weeden as the #2 QB in the draft?

milkman
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Weedon is older than Aaron Rodgers.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Of course it's his take. Who the hell else has Weeden as the #2 QB in the draft?

Read it again. I think he's the 2nd best college QB, but not draftable in the top 5 because of his age. Good size, good leader, very good arm strength and he makes more NFL throws in tight windows than Jones/Barkley/RGIII.

jd1020
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Read it again. I think he's the 2nd best college QB, but not draftable in the top 5 because of his age. Good size, good leader, very good arm strength and he makes more NFL throws in tight windows than Jones/Barkley/RGIII.

... If you think he's the #2 QB then he, in your mind, is the #2 QB.

If you sit there and say he's the #2 QB in the league and then say he's not worthy of a 1st round pick then you are a fucking idiot.

milkman
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
you are a ****ing idiot.

Nothing new, nothing to see here.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
... If you think he's the #2 QB then he, in your mind, is the #2 QB.

If you sit there and say he's the #2 QB in the league and then say he's not worthy of a 1st round pick then you are a ****ing idiot.

His age comes into play when drafting him. If you can't see that, you are the idiot.

milkman
11-18-2011, 11:43 AM
His age comes into play when drafting him. If you can't see that, you are the idiot.

When ranking draftable QBs, age is a consideration.

He is not the #2 rated QB in this draft, precisely because of his age.

You are the fucking idiot here, dumbass.

jd1020
11-18-2011, 11:44 AM

If I thought that a 28 year old was the 2nd best QB in the league and I needed a QB I'm picking him in the first.

If he truly was as good as you say you'd still get 5-6 good years out of him...

Plenty of time to work with his replacement.

But... he isn't even close to the #2 QB in the league, and he's 28 years old.

Frankie
11-18-2011, 12:08 PM

That's right. Sorry FE I should have been more clear.

Also the physically, the minimum ideal QB answering today's "prototype" description is 6'2", 220. And I mean minimum. If Drew Brees had Cassel's physical attributes he'd probably be THE best QB in the NFL right now.

Frankie
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
What is amazing is how much Griffin improved this last year. In 2010 he wasn't that good. You can watch 2010 Texas bowl "highlights" and see a guy you wouldn't draft at all.

One year wonders have scared me since Blackledge.

DBOSHO
11-18-2011, 12:15 PM

This.

milkman
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
This.

No, not that.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
When ranking draftable QBs, age is a consideration.

He is not the #2 rated QB in this draft, precisely because of his age.

You are the ****ing idiot here, dumbass.

I didn't rate him as the #2 draftable QB. I said he's the 2nd best college QB, which is different. Age is a consideration similar to injury and off the field red flags.

evolve27
11-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Bump

Sam Hall
11-19-2011, 09:08 AM
His stock would really have to rise for him to be in the neighborhood of our top 10 pick. That's what worries me.

O.city
11-19-2011, 09:13 AM
IMO Weeden looked like shit last night and makes the same mistakes he has made all year. He doesn't have a great arm and he takes way to many chances. Of course he has probably the best wr in the nation to throw to. One that is an AJ Green talent.

lcarus
11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I didn't rate him as the #2 draftable QB. I said he's the 2nd best college QB, which is different. Age is a consideration similar to injury and off the field red flags.

I agree with you. If the guy was 6 years younger, he'd be a top 5 pick.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2011, 09:24 AM

I'm not saying I want a run 1st QB. Nobody does. I don't think RG3 is that. I'm just asking what's wrong with having a QB who can throw very well and
run it when the play breaks down. I think RG3 could be that.
Your post is all for nothing.

Because in the end, like always, an accurate QB that works mostly from the pocket and can read defenses, like Rodgers, will be hoisting the Lombardi. No thanks to RGIII.

O.city
11-19-2011, 09:26 AM

Because in the end, like always, an accurate QB that works mostly from the pocket and can read defenses, like Rodgers, will be hoisting the Lombardi. No thanks to RGIII.

Right on the money. I've said it before, but until we get one of those guys, it doesn't matter what else we put on the field.

milkman
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM

Right on the money. I've said it before, but until we get one of those guys, it doesn't matter what else we put on the field.

I haven't seen RGIII, but I believe he's saying that the kid has shown that ability, and can learn and improve.

O.city
11-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I haven't seen RGIII, but I believe he's saying that the kid has shown that ability, and can learn and improve.

I didn't read the post he was quoting, just stating that his part about the qb was correct. Now that I read the post I agree.

O.city
11-19-2011, 09:31 AM
And from what I have seen of RGIII he seems a little small to run it too much. He is athletic enough, like Rodgers, to get out occasionally but the NFL will never be aplace where you want a qb running all over the yard.

You def. wouldn't want to give a guy who does that, a 100 million dollar contract. But I guess I'm not a GM so what do I know.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2011, 09:35 AM

I've seen him and he's another Vick IMO. I don't trust QBs that have that option of taking off because that retards their growth as a QB in thinking oh there's a lane here I can just take off even though I have plenty of time. I don't mind the talent but you have to look downfield first or you're gonna get killed in this league. If you wanna sell tickets get a guy like that but he's not gonna win a Super Bowl.

jd1020
11-19-2011, 09:36 AM
I've seen him and he's another Vick IMO. I don't trust QBs that have that option of taking off because that retards their growth as a QB in thinking oh there's a lane here I can just take off even though I have plenty of time. I don't mind the talent but you have to look downfield first or you're gonna get killed in this league. If you wanna sell tickets get a guy like that but he's not gonna win a Super Bowl.

Minus Vicks arm and speed.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
And RGIII is gonna have to get bigger. He's built like a WR.

O.city
11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
If I'm going qb in the first round this year, I'd go Barkley or Luck (obviously not gonna happen). All the others I just don't fancy.