PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No review on td

petegz28
10-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Was at the game and the replay sucks there. Why was there no review on the td minny scored late?

jd1020
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I would imagine it was because they kicked the FG before they got the call to review the play. It's a dumbass rule in the first place.

KcMizzou
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Nobody knows.

KcMizzou
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I would imagine it was because they kicked the FG before they got the call to review the play. It's a dumbass rule in the first place.Supposedly all scoring plays are reviewed now.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Supposedly all scoring plays are reviewed now.

They still have to get a call from the booth. It's like an extension of the <2 minute rule.

petegz28
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
So then on tv did he look to be out of bounds?

KcMizzou
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
So then on tv did he look to be out of bounds?Yes, one foot in, one out.

TrebMaxx
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
GoChiefs needs to get this play giffed up!

petegz28
This ref crew seemed to suck. No pi on bowe, no facemask on arenas and several missed holding calls

Dr. Gigglepants
I was watching on TV and listening to Mitch and Lenny. They were saying that not only are all scoring plays reviewed by the booth, but the coaching staff actually CANNOT challenge a scoring play anymore. I thought that had to be wrong, but if they are right, that's about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

cabletech94
chiefs will.

tk13
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I was watching on TV and listening to Mitch and Lenny. They were saying that not only are all scoring plays reviewed by the booth, but the coaching staff actually CANNOT challenge a scoring play anymore. I thought that had to be wrong, but if they are right, that's about the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

That is correct. You are penalized if you throw the red flag on a scoring play now.

-King-
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I was watching on TV and listening to Mitch and Lenny. They were saying that not only are all scoring plays reviewed by the booth, but the coaching staff actually CANNOT challenge a scoring play anymore. I thought that had to be wrong, but if they are right, that's about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Yep, if they challenge, they get a 15 yard penalty for I think unsportsmanlike conduct or some shit like that.

crispystl
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
GoChiefs needs to get this play giffed up!

No, GoChiefs needs to get the Haley Cassel fight Gifed up. I would love to see what they said to one another.

Rain Man
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
So then on tv did he look to be out of bounds?

I was sure that it was coming back. It wasn't even close to having two feet in bounds. The only thing I could figure was that they may have assumed that his first foot down was occurring as the ball came in. It sure didn't look that way to me, though. I was so sure it was incomplete that I was applauding.

Rain Man
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
No, GoChiefs needs to get the Haley Cassel fight Gifed up. I would love to see what they said to one another.

I really want us to all study that and see if we can lip read. It'll be very, very informative.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Then the scoring team shouldn't be allowed to rush their FG team onto the field and kick the XP real quick, like they did on that score. If you remove that right from the defensive team, the refs need to stop play and not spot the ball for the XP until they get an all clear from the booth guys.

There is no way the review guys gave that an OK, they had to let the TD stand because they got the XP off real quick.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Then the scoring team shouldn't be allowed to rush their FG team onto the field and kick the XP real quick, like they did on that score. If you remove that right from the defensive team, the refs need to stop play and not spot the ball for the XP until they get an all clear from the booth guys.

There is no way the review guys gave that an OK, they had to let the TD stand because they got the XP off real quick.

No. They need to just remove the rule all together. If they did review it and were unable to get the call down to the field in time then that will be brought up and they will have to seriously look at the rule.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Either way, it has to be fixed. I don't really hate the new rule, I kind of like the idea of that TD being called back, without having to risk a timeout, but I would like the right to risk that timeout if the booth guys are being incompetent goons about it.

Stewie
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm sure the Chiefs will get an apology from the NFL.

They spent five minutes on Minnesota's first touchdown (that was clearly a touch) but this was a TD in 10 seconds of review and let Minny rush the field to kick the XP.

Rain Man
10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Either way, it has to be fixed. I don't really hate the new rule, I kind of like the idea of that TD being called back, without having to risk a timeout, but I would like the right to risk that timeout if the booth guys are being incompetent goons about it.

I like the rule, and when they kicked the extra point it looked like the ref held them for a second, which I assumed was an erroneous review in progress. If that's true, the problem is not the rule, but rather the execution.

The challenge for the league is whether they go to the commercials before or after the extra point. I think the TV network likes the extra point quick so they can go to commercials while the kickoff is being set up. But that works against the concept of reviewing every score. It's another reason to consider an alternative to the extra point.

crispystl
10-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I really want us to all study that and see if we can lip read. It'll be very, very informative.

If we can't let's all throw down five bucks and get a real one.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
If we can't let's all throw down five bucks and get a real one.

I believe there is a Seinfeld episode we can look to for notes on how to do this properly.

crispystl
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Ooohh I just realized I went over 2000 posts. It only took 7 years.

Rausch
10-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Ditto.

My stream was so $#itty they were red colored blobs on the sideline...

mnchiefsguy
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM

It should not matter if the scoring team rushes their FG team on the field or not. The refs should know that every scoring play is reviewed, and they should not be allowing play to resume until they get an okay from the replay booth that the scored has been verified. In this case, for whatever reason, the refs blew the whistle and allowed play to resume on the PAT when they should not have.

CoMoChief
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
The only way I see that as a TD is if he caught it outside the endzone and then ran it in with only the ball crossing the goaline, but it looked like he was inside the endzone when he caught it, therefore he'd have to come down with it w/ 2 feet just like any other TD recpt. Wish I DVR'd it.

bishop_74
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
That was horse shit! If coaches can review it, then the refs shouldn't allow the FG to continue until the play is reviewed.

petegz28
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I agree with most here. The Refs should have stopped the fucking game. Again, just shabby refereeing today.

10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
That was horse shit! If coaches can review it, then the refs shouldn't allow the FG to continue until the play is reviewed.

You are the second person to call an XP a FG.

tecumseh
10-02-2011, 04:56 PM

I didn't see the game , but this was mentioned by announcers, I'm curious.

Demonpenz
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I like the fact that games are now 5 hours long and they still fuck up important plays.

CoMoChief
10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I like the fact that games are now 5 hours long and they still **** up important plays.

todays game was actually relatively short.

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I noticed that the TV coverage didn't show multiple reviews of the play...which told me that the refs got it wrong.

Bugeater
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't like them having to review every freaking scoring play. We already have too damn many commercial breaks screwing up the flow of the game, and this is adding to it. Go back to giving each coach two challenges and be done with it.

petegz28
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I noticed that the TV coverage didn't show multiple reviews of the play...which told me that the refs got it wrong.

The replays I saw at the game didn't really show his feet. But the play was kind of in front of me and I saw his second foot land out of bounds but his back was to me so I couldn't see when he got control, etc. The Refs blew several key calls today. The PI on Bowe was a terrible no call as well as the facemask on Arenas. They never really replayed the OPI on Breaston so I am not sure what that was. It was right in front of me and looked like it me be OPI.

crazycoffey
10-02-2011, 08:27 PM
It was bullshit

Bob Dole
10-03-2011, 05:44 AM
It should not matter if the scoring team rushes their FG team on the field or not. The refs should know that every scoring play is reviewed, and they should not be allowing play to resume until they get an okay from the replay booth that the scored has been verified. In this case, for whatever reason, the refs blew the whistle and allowed play to resume on the PAT when they should not have.

They had a 2.5 point Minnesota win to worry about...

Dave Lane
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
The refs are trying to help us get Lucky. Go refs!

BigRock
10-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Former head referee guy on Fox:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-York-Giants-Arizona-Cardinals-controversial-ruling-100211

THE GAME: Minnesota at Kansas City

THE SITUATION: Minnesota had the ball, third-and-1 from the Kansas City 1-yard line with 5:50 left in the fourth quarter. Kansas City led 22-10.

THE PLAY: Minnesota quarterback Donovan McNabb completed a pass to Michael Jenkins that was ruled a 1-yard touchdown.

MY TAKE: I think the replay official erred in not stopping this play. Not only is it too close to confirm, but I think the pass was incomplete.

Replays show that when the Jenkins got control of the ball, his left foot was off the ground. His right foot actually came down twice inbounds, but the left foot never does. In order to complete a catch, both feet must come down inbounds. Two touches of one foot do not equal a catch.

This is the second time I’ve seen this type of play this year. Replay had a tough time during Week 2, with regard to the new rule of reviewing all scoring plays. This is another one, in my opinion, where the replay official went too fast to confirm and actually allowed a touchdown that wasn’t.