PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel and Haley shouting match on sideline

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/10/02/todd-haley-and-matt-cassel-get-into-shoving-match-on-sideline/

milkman
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Newsflash!

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Newsflash!

No shit i wanted to see if anyone here could read lips

Bane
10-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Well...Bye.....

-King-
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
There is a total of 4 pixels in that whole video.

Bane
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
You can see Cassel's vagina in that shitty video?

Third Eye
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
There is a total of 4 pixels in that whole video.

Not only that, but it doesn't show the whole exchange.

Delano
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
'You're a fucking golfer. You don't know what you're talking about!'
Posted via Mobile Device

The_Doctor10
10-02-2011, 06:57 PM
No shit i wanted to see if anyone here could read lips

I imagine Clayton's GIFs, whenever they appear, will make lip-reading infinitely easier than that clip shot with someone's LG Rumor.

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
It did seem that Casshole played much better after the confrontation. Maybe Haley should screw his wife and steal his car or something.

DeezNutz
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
'You're a ****ing golfer. You don't know what you're talking about!'
Posted via Mobile Device

To which Haley said, "Quit playing like a fucking backup tight end and special teams player."

KCinNY
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm no lip reader but I could swear I saw Haley call Cassell a "pu$$y."

Extra Point
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Goddam it, that wasn't a dogleg!

SDChiefs
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
There's some good news in this. Cassel managed to get his hat on this time. Baby steps people.

Mr. Laz
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
'you're a pussy. You don't know what you're are talking about'

that's what i 'read' during the game. ROFL

and Cassel was right about this particular play. Every QB in the league spikes the ball at the RB's feet when a screen is covered. Vick might take off and run but that's about it.

1. No other WR's are in a route
2. all the guys rushing/cover the RB are between the QB and the LOS.
3. WR's are blocking at the LOS so the secondary is all up short

Another Goonther move by Haley

Sucky
10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
damn

Okie_Apparition
10-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Jack Harry: Matt Cassel is a pro bowl QB. . You don't treat him like that!
The team will side with Cassel

What a fucking buffoon

NJChiefsFan
10-02-2011, 10:19 PM

and Cassel was right about this particular play. Every QB in the league spikes the ball at the RB's feet when a screen is covered. Vick might take off and run but that's about it.

Bullshit.

Lets put aside the knowledge that you would take every person's side that is against Haley and look at it fairly.

Any QB who has that kind of time would have ran to the left where it was wide open and atleast tried something, even if it was at that point you throw it out of bounds. We all saw last week what can happen if you just panic in that situation. Matt also has decent legs, its not insane to think he could have made something happen.

I also think its very short-sighted to think that Haley's anger or feelings that Cassel is a "pussy" for freaking is all to do with that play.

FAX
10-02-2011, 10:20 PM
For all we know, Cassel may have checked to the screen. Sometimes, we make a lot of assumptions based on very few actual fact things.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2011, 10:20 PM

Another Goonther move by HaleyIts cute how you talk about this stuff like you know whats going on. You dont know shit about this situation, and are usually wrong, in general.

jd1020
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
From that clip it looks like Haley is just calmly explaining something to him and then Matt blows up and walks away and Haley kinda turned like wtf bitch? Its on!

Dave Lane
10-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Matt Cassel must have had a much better game this week. I haven't seen the whole game yet but he zipped that cap right on his head in this clip, no noodle arming that one.

Bewbies
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm glad for Haley. He actually got to do what every one of us around here would love to do. Personally yell at Cassel for sucking.

And he called him a pussy.

BigRock
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
That's not true. The play starts out like it's going to be a screen to McCluster, as he and a lineman peel off to the right. Then the McClain screen sets up to the left.

If Cassel had looked back to McCluster, he was open in the flat with two guys (the lineman who went with him and the WR on that side) to block for him.

Instead, Cassel flashed back to his INT last week and shit his pants.

BigChiefFan
10-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Jack Harry: Matt Cassel is a pro bowl QB. . You don't treat him like that!
The team will side with Cassel

What a ****ing buffoon He and Frank Boal seem to be drinking the kool-aid and wallowing in mediocrity. This town needs an enema.

KCrockaholic
10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I loved getting to see that in person. Was awesome. Haley and Cassel can't stand eachother. On a side note, LeRon McClain is a hell of a teammate, and is well respected by everyone on the team.

Okie_Apparition
10-02-2011, 10:45 PM
They're buying into the Haley-Pioli fued & kissing Pioli's ass hoping for an in

jidar
10-02-2011, 10:55 PM

You've got to be kidding me.

I loved the fact that Haley was dressing down Cassel because I was doing the same damned thing as soon as I saw that abortion of a play, as was anyone with any damned football knowledge. It was so bad it was embarrassing.

teedubya
10-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Matt Cassel must have had a much better game this week. I haven't seen the whole game yet but he zipped that cap right on his head in this clip, no noodle arming that one.

Yeah, he was no Hat Hassel this weel.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Haley, IMO, is a better coach than Cassel is a QB.

Bewbies
10-02-2011, 11:23 PM

Rosie O'Donnel is a better hot woman than Matt Cassel is as a QB.

Frankie
10-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Rosie O'Donnel is a better hot woman than Matt Cassel is as a QB.

You got a point there. But I still think Haley is potentially a very good NFL HC. Hate to see FO politics sweep the rug from under him.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2011, 11:48 PM
That's not true. The play starts out like it's going to be a screen to McCluster, as he and a lineman peel off to the right. Then the McClain screen sets up to the left.

If Cassel had looked back to McCluster, he was open in the flat with two guys (the lineman who went with him and the WR on that side) to block for him.

Sweet! Can't wait to gif this failsauce up.

FAX
10-03-2011, 12:11 AM

Hmmm.

I missed almost the entire game (back from errands with about 8 minutes remaining in the 3rd) and didn't see this play.

If this is what happened, I'd really like to see a gif thing of the play. So far, people have talked about Haley being angry because Cassel didn't run ... not that he had another option he didn't take ... or see.

FAX

FAX
10-03-2011, 12:25 AM

Just saw the play on NFL.com. You're right, Mr. BigRock.

Wow.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Hmmm.

I missed almost the entire game (back from errands with about 8 minutes remaining in the 3rd) and didn't see this play.

If this is what happened, I'd really like to see a gif thing of the play. So far, people have talked about Haley being angry because Cassel didn't run ... not that he had another option he didn't take ... or see.

FAXClick on Cassel argues with Haley.

Right after the snap, Cassel glances at Dex, then proceeds to shit himself.

At the bottom of the screen, you can see Dex just standing alone, open.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011100208/2011/REG4/vikings@chiefs

booger
10-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Cassel was anticipating getting his ass chewed from the time he turned and ran off the field after that spike. Watch Haley and it doesn't even seem that he is going into full on ass chew mode. Just mad enough to let him know he's pissed but still patient and was asking him a "what did you see?" type question QB's always get asked when it is a problem with the way the play turned out.

Matt just threw a fit like a little bitch. I can't read lips well but it looked like somewhere in there Haley mentioned him being some sort of a bitch. It was a tantrum. Casshat was angry about the fan's boos, the media that is so mean to him and that the defense and special teams players call him Zach Morris. Then Haley was like ok i've been waiting for this, come at me bro and cursed at him right back although much more under control than Cassel.

I guess give him credit he came back and played like he did and made some plays that lead to a win. It to me anyway, just sums it up to a QB who is a high maintenance, emotionally and mentally weak, entitled to respect he thinks should be shown to him, thin skinned, used to being coddled son of a bitch. Major pain in the ass and elephant in the room that everyone is aware of except himself.

The fact that it happened and will get talked about is a good thing. It will probably stick around longer than it should. He reminds me of Greg Robinson in the way he is so uncapable of taking criticism. I try to keep up with Haley's q/a's during the week even though he doesn't say much while talking for 15-20 minutes. I can't stomach listening to the QB but i usually do anyway and he sits there answering questions like a robot and is a very sensitive pansy when even the slightest hint of a tough question is in the air.

They will play much tougher D's this season and he will crack again under the pressure of it all. He always does. He will eventually lose the respect of his teamates for making the same mistakes over and over or the 3 and outs will pile up and the finger will finally be pointed at Matt for the way that they have to play offense.

Round 1 turned out to work out well but hopefully next time Haley benches his ass.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2011, 01:26 AM
It to me anyway, just sums it up to a QB who is a high maintenance, emotionally and mentally weak, entitled to respect he thinks should be shown to him, thin skinned, used to being coddled son of a bitch. Major pain in the ass and elephant in the room that everyone is aware of except himself.

Cassel has always been like this, and no even realizes it.

That's why he can arrogantly say he graded out perfectly after throwing 4 picks, and tell the fans to shut the fuck up.

He is a california sun-baked golden boy who thinks he's the bees knees.

booger
10-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Cassel has always been like this, and no even realizes it.

That's why he can arrogantly say he graded out perfectly after throwing 4 picks, and tell the fans to shut the **** up.

Yep, he's a damn punk. I'm sure he's rubbed many of his teamates and other's around the team the wrong way. Weis, with his fix the QB mission, also said he's way to hard on himself and he needed to get past that. Weis also said that KC is a city that is very hard on their QB's and he was going to try to do some things to help them like him. Soon enough even Pioli will realize he's just not worth the trouble for a guy who is a backup at best. He never had to deal with stress and all that goes with being the starter in College. It's not that hard to fathom he will shit the bed in that regard in the big leagues. He's just keeping the seat warm.

BigRock
10-03-2011, 01:37 AM

AIN'T NOTHIN' GONNA BREAK HIS STRIDE
NOBODY'S GONNA SLOW HIM DOWN
OH NO
HE'S GOT TO KEEP ON MOVIN'

Hammock Parties
10-03-2011, 01:41 AM
AIN'T NOTHIN' GONNA BREAK HIS STRIDE

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ygQvB6OjHOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

booger
10-03-2011, 01:47 AM
McClain. Part of me wishes he would have backed off, let Matty get in Todd's face, and for Todd to lose it and puncture Matt's jugular with his pen. I like Todd and hope he makes it through but if he where to make a sacrifice like that for the fans...I would make sure to write him in prison.

The realistic part of me likes the way McClain stepped in and showed some leadership. He cares, you can tell that. He's under contract for a year, not getting as many carries as he could considering Charles injury and he's bought in to Haley's way of things and is part of the team. He could just go through the motions until the season is over and hope to better himself in free agency at his next stop. His twitter comments about them turning it around and being 5-3 at the half way point is comical. But it fits the us versus the world attitude it will take for this team to have any positive games this season. It's good to see another youngster with that type of attitude. On his own without any script or anything like it was drawn up by the team. Can always use more of that especially on offense.

58kcfan89
10-03-2011, 01:56 AM
McClain. Part of me wishes he would have backed off, let Matty get in Todd's face, and for Todd to lose it and puncture Matt's jugular with his pen. I like Todd and hope he makes it through but if he where to make a sacrifice like that for the fans...I would make sure to write him in prison.

The realistic part of me likes the way McClain stepped in and showed some leadership. He cares, you can tell that. He's under contract for a year, not getting as many carries as he could considering Charles injury and he's bought in to Haley's way of things and is part of the team. He could just go through the motions until the season is over and hope to better himself in free agency at his next stop. His twitter comments about them turning it around and being 5-3 at the half way point is comical. But it fits the us versus the world attitude it will take for this team to have any positive games this season. It's good to see another youngster with that type of attitude. On his own without any script or anything like it was drawn up by the team. Can always use more of that especially on offense.

Would love to see McClain back next year, blocking for a (hopefully) 100% Jamaal and a new QB handing the ball off. Seeing as how we haven't had a good FB since T-Rich, it'd be nice to keep McClain around for awhile IMO.

booger
10-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Would love to see McClain back next year, blocking for a (hopefully) 100% Jamaal and a new QB handing the ball off. Seeing as how we haven't had a good FB since T-Rich, it'd be nice to keep McClain around for awhile IMO.

Me too. He should get some of Jones's carries in the one back sets this season too.

movinbones
10-03-2011, 06:30 AM

This dude wants to win... he was so fired up at the end of the game. On the last series of the game he was 4-5 yards down the field fist pumping and trying to get the crowd fired up!!! Loved the passion when he could of just packed it in.

Marcellus
10-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Click on Cassel argues with Haley.

Right after the snap, Cassel glances at Dex, then proceeds to shit himself.

At the bottom of the screen, you can see Dex just standing alone, open.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011100208/2011/REG4/vikings@chiefs

Holy goat fuck batman. No wonder Haley lost it.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2011, 07:26 AM
You can see Cassel's vagina in that shitty video?

if you could, would you continue to beat off to it?

CosmicPal
10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
I guess give him credit he came back and played like he did and made some plays that lead to a win. It to me anyway, just sums it up to a QB who is a high maintenance, emotionally and mentally weak, entitled to respect he thinks should be shown to him, thin skinned, used to being coddled son of a bitch. Major pain in the ass and elephant in the room that everyone is aware of except himself.

I agree with most of what you said here, but I don't think he believes he's entitled him to respect he thinks should be shown to him.

I honestly think he is trying too hard and because of that he gets flustered. He is not confident behind the center and he is not a natural. Confidence and the natural ability to feel the pressure and knowing where your men are, are keys to a successful QB. He's lost his confidence and he's never been able to see the field like he should by now. Because of that, he now tries way too hard to make things happen.

The sad thing is, is that he seems like a great guy and the players seem to like him. He's got a great passion for the game and wants to a great QB. It's just that he needs more time to learn the nuances of the game, he's needs to get his confidence back, build some swagger, relax, and let his natural ability take over. The problem is, I don't think he'll ever get that natural ability. Therefore, he'll continue to have his good and bad moments. Mostly bad moments, because he's lost his confidence as well. And when you lose your confidence, you try to make things happen- like dunking a pass off hoping your RB will turn a 2-yard pass into a 15-yard gain.

kcmaxwell
10-03-2011, 09:45 AM

Absolutely. This times eleventy billion...

lcarus
10-03-2011, 10:36 AM
You just knew the media would eat up that Cassel/Haley exchange. If we had lost they would have made it a god damn soap opera. Days of our Chiefs.

TEX
10-03-2011, 11:06 AM
This is no big del. My coach used to YELL at me ALL the time. It's part of the game.

Come to think of it - everyone does...:hmmm:

MahiMike
10-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree with most of what you said here, but I don't think he believes he's entitled him to respect he thinks should be shown to him.

I honestly think he is trying too hard and because of that he gets flustered. He is not confident behind the center and he is not a natural. Confidence and the natural ability to feel the pressure and knowing where your men are, are keys to a successful QB. He's lost his confidence and he's never been able to see the field like he should by now. Because of that, he now tries way too hard to make things happen.

The sad thing is, is that he seems like a great guy and the players seem to like him. He's got a great passion for the game and wants to a great QB. It's just that he needs more time to learn the nuances of the game, he's needs to get his confidence back, build some swagger, relax, and let his natural ability take over. The problem is, I don't think he'll ever get that natural ability. Therefore, he'll continue to have his good and bad moments. Mostly bad moments, because he's lost his confidence as well. And when you lose your confidence, you try to make things happen- like dunking a pass off hoping your RB will turn a 2-yard pass into a 15-yard gain.

Good post. I agree. Matt's better than he's played this year. 5 different coaches and the pressure of it all has him pressing.

Coogs
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm glad for Haley. He actually got to do what every one of us around here would love to do. Personally yell at Cassel for sucking.

And he called him a pussy.

This!!! :toast:

stevieray
10-03-2011, 11:21 AM

nice post.

imo, you'd have to be pretty confident to get up in front of an 0-3 team at halftime. thing is, he walked the walked in the second half, and the team responded.

they only get sixteen games to become a UNIT....pretty hard to do with the carousel of coaches and offensive gameplans....that has the been biggest hindrance to the offense as a whole.... Until Breaston, Bowe was the only legit WR....we have to be realistic about how much they are capable of, even despite the injuries.

lcarus
10-03-2011, 11:23 AM
This is no big del. My coach used to YELL at me ALL the time. It's part of the game.

Come to think of it - everyone does...:hmmm:

No shit. My boss yells at me a lot more often and a lot more intensely, and I would submit that I'm a hell of a lot better at my job than Cassel is at his.

ChiTown
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I know this runs against the grain, but I'm going to continue to pull for Cassel, Haley and the Chiefs. We are just 4 games into the season - anything can happen, even at 1-3. I thought I could, but I just don't have it in me to root against my team, and it's players and coaches.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I know this runs against the grain, but I'm going to continue to pull for Cassel, Haley and the Chiefs. We are just 4 games into the season - anything can happen, even at 1-3. I thought I could, but I just don't have it in me to root against my team, and it's players and coaches.

If the Chiefs were 1-14 and needed to lose the last game of the season to lock up the #1 pick I would still root for them to win. I wouldn't be disappointed if they lost but I wouldn't be sitting behind my TV breaking windows because Bowe just broke 4 tackles and scored the winning TD.

TEX
10-03-2011, 11:39 AM

:clap: I'm with ya. Even though I no longer make them the focal point of my Sunday's and I"ve learned that life will indeed go on if I miss a Chiefs game or two or three (Because I can't stand to watch them lose), Im still a fan and will never root against them.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2011, 11:40 AM

I'm going to continue to loathe Cassel. He is dead to me.

Frankie
10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I know this runs against the grain, but I'm going to continue to pull for Cassel, Haley and the Chiefs. We are just 4 games into the season - anything can happen, even at 1-3.

With Berry, Flowers, and Moeaki gone the best that can happen is a handful of wins not nearly enough for the playoffs, that will push us to pick 13th or something in the Draft. This is the only time I remember that our sucky record will have coincided with a can't miss player coming up in the draft. Every freaking time we end up picking in the top 3 it seems to be a weak draft when it comes to potential stars (DT notwithstanding).

frankotank
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM

if you don't feel like this then you're a fair weather fan. you gotta stick with what brung ya! I love the Chiefs and I love the Wolverines.....and it's been a mother humper being a fan of either the last several years. but by God I just gotta keep cheering for them. good or bad, these are my teams.....(lately it's been mostly bad....)

1-3. it's gonna be interesting.....

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Best video of it I've seen yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-yN_tnrzFUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tell ya - Cassel comes out looking decent here w/ Haley looking kinda like a sniping lil' bitch.

I think the first words Cassel said when he wheeled around were something like "Call me a pussy?" and then it was just a string of expletives from both of them.

booger
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you said. That's why it's so frustrating just the fact the light may turn on once in awhile but chances are slim to none he will ever gain that consisitant ability. I think with Zorn's addition they should move him around more. Bootlegs and such, a mix of some west coast O Zorn is familiar with. They've done some of that. There's times he could take off and run and gain positive yards but he hesitates.

The entitlement part to me anyway was more about watching his q/a's and interaction with the media when they really take it easy on him after some lousy performances. Realistically there isn't much more he can do than defend himself and keep trying to get better. Everything gets emphasized more when its the QB. Or HC or coordinator.

mikey23545
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I tell ya - Cassel comes out looking decent here w/ Haley looking kinda like a sniping lil' bitch.

I think the first words Cassel said when he wheeled around were something like "Call me a pussy?" and then it was just a string of expletives from both of them.

I hope the next thing out of his mouth was something like "I guess after facing a really mean sand trap an NFL pass rush must seem pretty tame, huh, golfboy?"

BossChief
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
OK Let me go ahead and throw the remaining Casselites a bone from NFL years past...I dont think it is, but this is what you fuckers should be absolutely HOPING TO GOD FOR.

He is still dead to me.

LONG READ (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/176807-steve-youngs-tirade-the-key-moment-for-the-1994-san-francisco-49ers)

Get the lotion out PawnBlower...

On Oct. 2, 1994, Steve Young finally lost it as evidenced by the profanities and obscenities he hurled towards head coach George Seifert in an angry fit.

Things weren't going to well for Young in San Francisco since taking over as the 49ers' starting quarterback in 1991 when Joe Montana was sidelined with elbow injuries for almost two seasons. Young waited since 1987 for this opportunity.

As a result, the veteran Montana was dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs in April 1993.

Despite winning two NFC West titles, three passing titles and an NFL MVP award, Bay Area fans made it clear to the media and the organization that Joe Montana was still their favorite son due to the Dallas Cowboys defeating the San Francisco 49ers in two consecutive NFC Championship games.

Many blamed Young for not performing under pressure, but a porous defense in the 1992 and 1993 seasons was the primary reason why Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Alvin Harper and Michael Irvin ran wild all over San Francisco.

Harper even goaded cornerback Larry Brown into saying he "owns" Jerry Rice on NFL Films after the Cowboys' 38-21 victory over the 49ers in the 1994 NFC Championship.

During the offseason, San Francisco decided to equip its team with the necessary personnel to defeat "America's Team."

As a result, owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. opened up the checkbook even more and signed veteran center Bart Oates, standout defensive end Richard Dent, talented outside linebacker/defensive end Rickey Jackson, Cal product Gary Plummer, defensive lineman Charles Mann, outside linebacker/defensive end Tim Harris, defensive back Toi Cook, former Dallas Cowboys' linebacker Ken Norton Jr. and the crowing jewel, cornerback "Prime Time" Deion Sanders.

The 49ers even struck gold in the draft selecting defensive tackle Bryant Young, fullback William Floyd, linebacker Lee Woodall and kicker Doug Brien—all starters on the 1994 team.

The San Francisco 49ers started to resemble a pro football Dream Team rather than an NFL squad.

On opening day, San Francisco made a dominating statement with a 44-14 rout of the Los Angeles Raiders on Monday Night Football highlighted by Jerry Rice breaking Jim Brown's long standing record of 126 touchdowns but the high emotion of the victory would be overshadowed by anticipation for the following week.

The 49ers would be traveling to face Kansas City, the very place they sent four-time Super Bowl winning quarterback Joe Montana to a season earlier.

With four of five starters on the San Francisco offensive line injured, the Kansas City defense battered Young and the 49ers as Joe Montana led the Chiefs to a 24-17 victory.

Steve Young was once again eclipsed by the ghost of 49er legend Joe Montana.

Although the 49ers would win their next two games, Steve Young was sacked 12 times as the offensive line woes continued culminating with Philadelphia putting up a 23-0 first half lead on the 49ers at Candlestick Park in week five.

With 4:09 remaining in the third quarter and the score 33-8, Seifert haphazardly lifted Young for backup Elvis Grbac in the middle of an offensive series after he was hit for a third successive time.

The left-handed signal caller immediately felt he was being made the scapegoat for the 49ers' debacle by Seifert and the San Francisco fans that jeered him loudly off the field.

In an absolute rage, Steve Young began looking for a fight and he wanted to have it with head coach George Seifert.

Seifert kept his cool and didn't looked back at the furious Young.

"I've never seen him like this before," FOX broadcaster John Madden exclaimed during the live telecast about the usually docile Young.

The final score was an embarrassing 40-8.

"It was obvious to me that I should take him out of the ball game," Seifert said at the coach's post game conference. "If I didn't handle it to everybody's liking, it's because I don't have a lot of experience in this kind of situation and I sure hope to hell I don't gain any."

Young's tirade would continue on local post game coverage.

"You don't want to hear rational explanations," Young stated on The Point After. "I would much rather beat myself to a pulp trying to get back into that game than say let's go to next week."

The loss hurt, but suddenly the rest of the team was ready to follow quarterback Steve Young as their leader.

"It kind of galvanized the guys behind Steve," former San Francisco tight end Brent Jones said on the 1994 San Francisco 49ers edition of America's Game.

"There were a lot of guys that said hey wait a second, this guy's got some fight to him. I like that guy. I want a guy that's not afraid to tell George Seifert to jump in the lake."

The following week in Detroit, the 49ers played flat again as Barry Sanders and the Detroit Lions quickly ran up a 14-0 score in the first half.

In another memorable scene of the 1994 season, Young took a five step drop and was unable to find a receiver so he stepped up into the pocket, threw the ball to a check down receiver and was driven into the ground by three Detroit Lions. Anguish immediately came over the quarterback's face.

He slowly crawled off the field, refusing any help from the trainers.

Young had a pinched nerve in his leg.

Somehow, he returned to the field a play after and started executing offensive coordinator Mike Shanahan's offense to perfection. Two touchdowns by rookie William Floyd in the third quarter put the 49ers ahead as San Francisco defeated Detroit 27-21 in a tough contest.

Over the next couple weeks, the San Francisco 49ers won three straight games scoring an average of 40 points a game.

But in Week 11, the 8-1 Super Bowl champion Cowboys were next for Steve Young and the 7-2 49ers.

After Dallas went up 7-0 on an Emmitt Smith touchdown, Steve Young set the pace of the 49ers' offense by scoring San Francisco's first touchdown on a quarterback keeper.

The 49ers would score 14 more unanswered points on a 57-yard touchdown strike to Jerry Rice and a 13-yard bootleg pass to Brent Jones, ultimately winning 21-14.

Troy Aikman at the time had not thrown an interception in 97 attempts, but the revamped secondary led by free safety Merton Hanks picked off the Dallas quarterback three times.

After finally beating the Dallas Cowboys, the San Francisco 49ers would win the next five games by a margin of at least 20 points. The final tally was 10 straight victories and best record in the NFL at 13-3.

At the end of the season, Young threw for 3,969 yards, 35 touchdown passes and a quarterback rating of 112.8, overtaking Joe Montana as the new record holder for highest rating in a season (since broken by Peyton Manning). He was also named the NFL's Most Valuable Player for 1994.

After quickly dispatching the Chicago Bears 44-15 in the NFC Divisional Playoffs, a rematch with the angry Dallas Cowboys awaited.

In what many dubbed as the "real" Super Bowl, the 49ers and Cowboys would face each other for a third straight year in the NFC Title game on a rain soaked Candlestick Park field.

On Jan. 15, 1995, everything that Steve Young and the San Francisco 49ers worked for all season long had come down to this epic contest with the Dallas Cowboys.

Then on Dallas' first drive, cornerback Eric Davis made the 49ers' own statement that they weren't going to take it anymore from the arrogant Cowboys as he jumped in front of a pass intended for No. 85 Kevin Williams and scampered in for a quick touchdown.

Dallas would commit a total of three turnovers in a span of seven minutes as San Francisco built up a lightning fast 21-0 lead in the first quarter on a 29-yard touchdown catch by running back Ricky Watters and a 1-yard rush by Floyd.

Everyone saw a team that was so prepared and focused to attack the Super Bowl champions into submission.

Dallas did have the will and character of a champion by striking back when Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin scored touchdowns, decreasing the deficit to 10 points.

With the score 24-14 and eight seconds left in the half, Young took a chance on a streaking Jerry Rice in single coverage against Larry Brown and burned him for a 28-yard touchdown reception in the corner of the end zone as Dallas safety James Washington looked on helplessly, increasing the lead to 31-14.

Steve Young would score the final touchdown of the game on a three-yard rush, finally leading the San Francisco 49ers to a 38-28 victory over the hated Dallas Cowboys in the NFC Championship.

With all his might, Young spiked the football into the ground with his golden left arm.

"It was like putting a flag on the top of (Mount) Everest," Young said on America's Game. "Dallas had gone down and get out of my way!"

In a moment of sheer joy, Young jumped over a guardrail and punched his fist in the air as he ran his victory lap around Candlestick Park like a love struck teenager at a pop concert while the very fans that booed him during the Eagles' loss officially embraced him as the face of the franchise.

But Steve Young still had to win the Super Bowl.

A week before the Super Bowl, the AFC Champions declared themselves a "Cinderella" story and a team of destiny to win it all.

Steve Young would have none of that.

On Jan. 29, 1995 at Super Bowl XXIX, the San Francisco 49ers faced off with the San Diego Chargers who compiled a 11-5 record during the regular season.

After a three and out by the Chargers' offensive unit, the 49ers attempted a knockout punch early in the fight.

Only 1:24 into the game, Steve Young tossed a 44-yard bomb to Jerry Rice as the wide receiver split the San Diego defensive backs right down the middle of the field, the fastest touchdown in Super Bowl history.

A possession later, San Francisco went for the knockout strike again.

Young saw the versatile Ricky Watters in the exposed middle part of the field and threw an absolute strike that the running back caught in stride as two defenders bounced off him leading to a 51-yard touchdown, increasing the San Francisco lead 14-0.

It was now the fastest two touchdowns in the history of the Super Bowl.

The surgical 49er offense simply annihilated the Chargers' defense in an absolute no-contest. 49-26 was the final score of Super Bowl XXIX.

"They ran into a buzzsaw that day," Merton Hanks said on America's Game. "The buzzsaw being a Mike Shanahan led offense. Those quick scores really set the table."

When the smoke cleared, Steve Young threw for 331 yards and a Super Bowl record six touchdown passes breaking the previous mark of five by Joe Montana in Super Bowl XXIV against the Denver Broncos five years earlier.

Finally, Steve Young was vindicated as he was selected Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XXIX.

"Every guy in here made a commitment," Young exclaimed in jubilation as Eddie DeBartolo handed him the Lombardi Trophy during ABC's post Super Bowl coverage.

"There were times when it was dark, it was really dark, but we turned back and we were in each others faces and committed to each other. We knew we had to do it this way. This is the greatest feeling in the world, is it not? 39 days. I share this with everyone of you guys," he continued while raising the trophy in absolute victory.

"Everyone in this room made a commitment and we're there, and nobody can ever, ever, take it away from us, EVER!"

In one of the most touching moments in San Francisco 49er history, Steve Young embraced the silver trophy as tight as he could and simply smiled.

"Oh he can't win the big game, he can't win the championship, oh he can't lead a team in two minutes," Young continued on in America's Game. "It's like the nature of the game, the cynics win the day most of the time."

"So you end up responding to it because it's the nature of who you are as an athlete. You say I can't do it, I'm going to prove you wrong and I'm going to use that as incentive to actually go out and achieve something."

I love this team not because of the memories I have of the San Francisco 49ers' 49-26 victory over the San Diego Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX.

It's definitely not because San Francisco finally vanquished the rival Dallas Cowboys nor the free agents the 49ers signed in 1994.

Not even Deion Sanders' memorable interception returns or the incredible draft San Francisco had could ever top the reason why the 1994 San Francisco 49ers is my favorite team of all time.

I love this team because this was the season Steve Young and the San Francisco 49ers finally stood up tall and proud then said they weren't going to take it anymore.

Brock
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
With four of five starters on the San Francisco offensive line injured, the Kansas City defense battered Young and the 49ers as Joe Montana led the Chiefs to a 24-17 victory.

Yeah, this is BS. They always get clobbered in Arrowhead.

BossChief
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
They were talking about that situation while discussing the Haley/Cassel blowup on NFLN around the league and I found that and thought it would make the Casselites all warm and cozy inside.

kcmaxwell
10-03-2011, 02:58 PM

I could not agree more. Haven't seen a whole lot of this guy, but if he can be another T-Rich, that would be fantastic.

NJChiefsFan
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
if you don't feel like this then you're a fair weather fan. you gotta stick with what brung ya! I love the Chiefs and I love the Wolverines.....and it's been a mother humper being a fan of either the last several years. but by God I just gotta keep cheering for them. good or bad, these are my teams.....(lately it's been mostly bad....)

1-3. it's gonna be interesting.....

Im sorry but thats bullshit. If you want to root for the team because you don't think hoping for the future is what a fan should do, fine. But to say people that want Cassel replaced with a potential QBOTF is fair-weather is ignorant.

Those same people post here every damn day about this team. They live and breath the Chiefs like everyone else. To me it takes a TON of passion about your team to be willing to watch a horrible season for the future. Everyone came in hoping for good stuff this year, and to be willing to suffer through it shows no fair-weather characteristics IMO.

People can be on other side of the fence. To sit here and call either side fair-weather is just biased and short-sighted. The Chiefs aren't going to win the Superbowl this year. If you are about the here and now and want to root for them to win 6ish games, so be it. If you want the Chiefs to always be doing what it takes for a Superbowl and that trumps the short term joy then so be it.

BossChief
10-03-2011, 03:06 PM
How can anyone say we are fair weather fans?

This franchise hasn't won a playoff game in almost 20 years...yet, here we are.

NJChiefsFan
10-03-2011, 03:08 PM
How can anyone say we are fair weather fans?

This franchise hasn't won a playoff game in almost 20 years...

When people only look at things from their own point of view they can come up with all kinds of opinions.

BossChief
10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Does Cassel say "Im not a bitch. Fuck that shit." ...after he walks away from Haley?

Pretty sure thats what he says

This is probably a huge repost, bite me.

rocknrolla
10-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Who gives a f*ck! Its just nice to see some fire on that team.

Chiefnj2
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Cassel is a great uniter. He did in one half-time what Haley has been unable to do the last 9 games - get the team motivated and fired up. Finally someone stepped up and provided a much needed spark.

Hopefully Muir was listening and will stop with the ultra conservative playcalling and will let Matt air it out. He's not going to be a pro-bowl alternate throwing those damn screen passes on 3rd and long.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Cassel is a great uniter. He did in one half-time what Haley has been unable to do the last 9 games - get the team motivated and fired up. Finally someone stepped up and provided a much needed spark.

This is a load of crap.

All Cassel did was start completing passes. The rest of the team was already playing pretty well.

jd1020
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Hopefully Muir was listening and will stop with the ultra conservative playcalling and will let Matt air it out. He's not going to be a pro-bowl alternate throwing those damn screen passes on 3rd and long.

How many people on the team do you think actually look up to Cassel? It's hard to motivate people who look down on you.

whoman69
10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Im sorry but thats bullshit. If you want to root for the team because you don't think hoping for the future is what a fan should do, fine. But to say people that want Cassel replaced with a potential QBOTF is fair-weather is ignorant.

Those same people post here every damn day about this team. They live and breath the Chiefs like everyone else. To me it takes a TON of passion about your team to be willing to watch a horrible season for the future. Everyone came in hoping for good stuff this year, and to be willing to suffer through it shows no fair-weather characteristics IMO.

People can be on other side of the fence. To sit here and call either side fair-weather is just biased and short-sighted. The Chiefs aren't going to win the Superbowl this year. If you are about the here and now and want to root for them to win 6ish games, so be it. If you want the Chiefs to always be doing what it takes for a Superbowl and that trumps the short term joy then so be it.

You can check the record. Getting the worst record in the league is not a recipe for success and never has been. In your world every year the team believes it can't win the Super Bowl they should start tanking.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
You can check the record. Getting the worst record in the league is not a recipe for success and never has been. In your world every year the team believes it can't win the Super Bowl they should start tanking.

It's not, but I can understand why people feel that way. Luck is a once in a decade type prospect.

Now, I'm of the opinion the team still has too many young playmakers especially on D to finish bad enough to get him. It's never something I've felt was realistic, so I risk the true fan label by continuing to root for guys like Hali, Bowe, Flowers, Dorsey, DJ and Carr not to run into an AIDS tree and spend the rest of the year on the sidelines eating nachos.

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2011, 06:35 PM

This year for KC is different, the Chiefs have been decimated with injuries and it's going to suck if nothing good comes out of it.( Andrew Luck)

Nightfyre
10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I wish I had a transcript for this event.

Backwards Masking
10-03-2011, 07:06 PM
can't believe with the techonology that exists today somebody couldn't figure out a way to get a word for word of the entire exchange. i say if anyone can do it they deserve to be pos repped by everyone on here. i'm sure as hell too lazy to try.

it'd be badass though...

Chiefnj2
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
This is a load of crap.

All Cassel did was start completing passes. The rest of the team was already playing pretty well.

The run blocking and run game were abysmal. Stupid penalties were setting up very long conversions.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2011, 07:09 PM
The run blocking and run game were abysmal. Stupid penalties were setting up very long conversions.

We had like 150 yards of offense at halftime.

Fish
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
can't believe with the techonology that exists today somebody couldn't figure out a way to get a word for word of the entire exchange. i say if anyone can do it they deserve to be pos repped by everyone on here. i'm sure as hell too lazy to try.

it'd be badass though...

An expert at lipreading could figure it out. I can read lips a bit, but it's pretty tough in this case. When someone is angry and shouting it makes it much much more difficult.. I'm actually trying to find someone experienced in it to watch the vid and give a report. Haven't heard back yet. There's juicy info there for sure..

SAUTO
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
When cassel walked back up it looked like he said
"you arent gonna call me a pussy, fuck that shit. You dont know what you are talking about"

Can't tell what haley's response was.
Posted via Mobile Device

tecumseh
10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Well here's the recipe.. Start every game with Haley calling Cassel a pussy, a bitch , whatever
Then Cassel goes out and tries to prove him wrong.

lcarus
10-03-2011, 08:31 PM
In your world every year the team believes it can't win the Super Bowl they should start tanking.

That's not at all how I feel. It's just that we won't win more than 5 games so why not win just 1 and get a great great QB prospect?

milkman
10-03-2011, 09:01 PM

Anyone who watched this game and thinks that this team wasn't giving all out effort from the opening KO is a fucking moron.

This "Cassel gave a rousing speech that inspired us" is nothing but PR bullshit.

Setsuna
10-03-2011, 09:47 PM
The Casselites are in full force. Even I find that bullsh*t tiresome. Yall need to go back under that soft smooth rock that is Cassel's left nut.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Good Christ. If Chiefnj2 was any more stupid, he would be declared brain dead.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Best video of it I've seen yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-yN_tnrzFUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:facepalm:

Dave Lane
10-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Good Christ. If Chiefnj2 was any more stupid, he would be declared brain dead.

As I like to say if he lost 2 more brain cells they'd have to stick his feet in dirt and water him twice a week.

johnny961
10-03-2011, 11:15 PM

This sums it up perfectly.

NJChiefsFan
10-04-2011, 12:54 AM

Guess you didn't watch the SD game then. Haley has plenty to work on, but he has this team trying. Its not hard to see.

I don't believe, and have said so many times, that you should tank a season just because it looks bad. This is a special chance because of Luck. If we had a decent QB, or if Stanzi was atleast playing and doing well, an arguement could be made.

Winning and helping Cassel keep his job does us no good. We need him out. If we need him to lose to get cut lose, might as well get the #1 pick while doing it.

Anyone who watched this game and thinks that this team wasn't giving all out effort from the opening KO is a ****ing moron.

This "Cassel gave a rousing speech that inspired us" is nothing but PR bullshit.

This.

BigMeatballDave
10-04-2011, 12:59 AM
"Cassel is a great uniter" LMAO

Hilarious

kcxiv
10-04-2011, 01:10 AM
"Cassel is a great uniter" LMAO

Hilarious

no shit, everyone was playing fairly well, but his ass. He said a speech but it only mattered to him. The rest of the guys were already doing their part.

mcaj22
10-04-2011, 01:12 AM
lol needs more time to learn the game the guy is god damn 29 years old how much more time do you want him to have

BigMeatballDave
10-04-2011, 01:15 AM
lol needs more time to learn the game the guy is god damn 29 years old how much more time do you want him to have

He should be ready by the time he's 40.

BigMeatballDave
10-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I think Pioli may try to acquire Chris Wenke.

Is he ready?

NJChiefsFan
10-04-2011, 01:44 AM
no shit, everyone was playing fairly well, but his ass. He said a speech but it only mattered to him. The rest of the guys were already doing their part.

Very good point. If Cassel played well in the first half it would have been a bigger win. May have been a win in SD as well. The rest of the team already is fired up. Haley haters won't admit it, but he has them going hard.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Anyone who watched this game and thinks that this team wasn't giving all out effort from the opening KO is a ****ing moron.

It sounds like you need Cassel to come to your house and give you a pep talk. Maybe you wouldn't be so grumpy.

suzzer99
10-04-2011, 05:40 AM
We just have too many high-character guys on D with too much pride to give up.

Marcellus
10-04-2011, 05:59 AM
We just have too many high-character guys on D with too much pride to give up.

There aren't many NFL players not named Moss or Haynseworth that will go out and tank a season.

Losing is of no benefit to the players. they don't know if they will be cut the next off season. You don't want a turd of a season on tape showing you have no heart when looking for a job.

If they have been paid and have no concerns about being cut, you don't want to be stealing a paycheck.

I don't want any quitters on my team and I don't want any more serious injuries.

I hope there is no such thing as MoJo because if there is, too many people are creating some terrible shit for the Chiefs MoJo.

Watch us get Luck and he have a career ending injury in week 8 next year or something.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2011, 06:07 AM
There aren't many NFL players not named Moss or Haynseworth that will go out and tank a season.

Losing is of no benefit to the players. they don't know if they will be cut the next off season. You don't want a turd of a season on tape showing you have no heart when looking for a job.

If they have been paid and have no concerns about being cut, you don't want to be stealing a paycheck.

I don't want any quitters on my team and I don't want any more serious injuries.

I hope there is no such thing as MoJo because if there is, too many people are creating some terrible shit for the Chiefs MoJo.

Watch us get Luck and he have a career ending injury in week 8 next year or something.

Haley and Cassel evidently do not realize they are goners.

They've both been paid, they should do us all a favor and suck for luck.

SAUTO
10-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Haley and Cassel evidently do not realize they are goners.

They've both been paid, they should do us all a favor and suck for luck.

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP

this stupid shit is getting REAL old

Hammock Parties
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
It's stupid to want the architects of disaster to do something positive for the future?

Haley and Cassel are poison.

SAUTO
10-04-2011, 06:43 AM
It's stupid to want the architects of disaster to do something positive for the future?

Haley and Cassel are poison.

you are worse at what you do than either of them... and thats pretty bad considering what cassel has done this year

Hammock Parties
10-04-2011, 06:51 AM
you are worse at what you do than either of them... and thats pretty bad considering what cassel has done this year

LMAO

That totally negates my argument!

Chiefnj2
10-04-2011, 07:06 AM
They are 1 boneheaded throw by Cassel away from 1st place in the division. Why would any of them quit?

Hammock Parties
10-04-2011, 07:07 AM
They are 1 boneheaded throw by Cassel away from 1st place in the division. Why would any of them quit?

They either quit or hitch their wagon to the boneheaded bandwagon for another year.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2011, 07:10 AM
They either quit or hitch their wagon to the boneheaded bandwagon for another year.

You know what Pioli is going to do?

Hammock Parties
10-04-2011, 07:11 AM
You know what Pioli is going to do?

If the Chiefs are not in a position to draft a QB high, why would Cassel not be the starter next year?

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2011, 07:15 AM
one throw from tying that game, not winning it. They were not going to try to get a TD. Probably. Ah, we'll never know.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2011, 07:36 AM
If the Chiefs are not in a position to draft a QB high, why would Cassel not be the starter next year?

You can put yourself in a position to draft a QB. You don't need the first pick in the draft to find your franchise QB.

How many real franchise QB's are there right now? Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger? How many of them were taken 1st? Top 10?

Frankie
10-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Guess you didn't watch the SD game then. Haley has plenty to work on, but he has this team trying. Its not hard to see.

Haley and Cassel evidently do not realize they are goners.Another one of those patented Clay declarations which can change diametrically after we win a couple of games in a row.

This team plays hard for Haley. We saw it last year and we are seeing it this year, the first two unprepared games notwithstanding. Haley is handcuffed with a QB who has reached his ceiling. That ceiling is a good NFL back up. I won't call Cassel a POS like most of you do. I'd keep him if he wants to stay at a dramatically reduced salary and back-up Stanzi/Luck/Barkley (whoever). He won't so I wouldn't. This sums up the quandary we are in.

If Pioli is a good GM he, IMO, will put up with a bad season without making a scapegoat out of Haley and then use the high draft position to maneuver back into the Luck derby.

I'd give my third nut to see Luck developing here under Haley and Zorn. Like somebody said before, this team is tailor-made for a young stud QB without NFL experience to step in.

Frankie
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM

We still have Stanzi in our pocket. He showed some stuff in the pre-season. AND he was drafted under Pioli's regime, so he can lay claim to a genius pick if Stanzi becomes a viable NFL QB.

Iconic
10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I'd give my third nut to see Luck developing here under Haley and Zorn. Like somebody said before, this team is tailor-made for a young stud QB without NFL experience to step in.

That's what Stanzi is here for. By the time Cassel's contract is completed. Stanzi will be primed and ready to rape defenses.

Frosty
10-04-2011, 11:48 AM
That's what Stanzi is here for. By the time Cassel's contract is completed. Stanzi will be primed and ready to rape defenses.

Man, I am sooo over hoping that the next great QB is sitting on our bench somewhere. The Chiefs have been doing that for years and years and it has amounted to nothing. It's time to go out and actually try to get one. If Stanzi, or some other late pick, turns into Brady then that's a bonus. Let's just not put all of our eggs in that basket anymore.

Frankie
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM

I'd love to see that. But:

1- There was a reason Stanzi was not a 1st or 2nd rounder. Although I hope teams miscalculated his talent level.

2- Stanzi is not even being activated. Not a hopeful sign.

3- If a "once in a generation" QB talent like Luck were not coming up in the upcoming draft I'd be a lot more on the Stanzi bandwagon. But if we end up with a top 7 pick and the team holding the 1st pick is a motivated enough trader, we need to do everything possible to trade up to that spot. Stanzi or no Stanzi.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm almost to the point where I hope we get the #1 pick, Pioli trades down a couple spots with the Seahawks, and drafts Barkley just so every S4Ler can burn in a fiery hell.

Extra Point
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
:facepalm:

Jim Zorn: "...I think I'll just stand here, with my arms crossed, and let them go at it. Soon, soon, I will be buying that home in Leawood."

Beef Supreme
10-04-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm sick of living with having a mediocre to piss poor QB. I won't ever root for the Chiefs to lose, but this year I won't be nearly as pissed when we do.

I don't know what our chances are for getting Luck, probably not that great really. But if we don't actively pursue a franchise QB for next year, I'm going to stab someone in the eye.

frankotank
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM

boy you completely lost me there! not sure how you came up with that. I was responding to this comment.

I certainly think Cassel should be replaced. absolutely. I NEVER said anyone that feels that way is fairweather. how you read that I just can't say....maybe you sir are the ignorant one.... when Michingan lost to App St I didn't say **** off Blue I'm not rooting for you anymore. chiefs are not doing well this year. I'm gonna keep rooting for them. that's all I'm saying. if you can't hang with your team when they are losing then you're fair weather - meaning you only root for them if they are winning. you DO understand English right? for Gods sake man, learn to READ.

EDIT - ahh screw it....reading this again I guess I can see around the corner to how you'd take it that way....but that's certainly not what I meant to convey. if you are hoping for a bad season to get a franchise QB that is STILL rooting for the team. fair weather folks just give up. ever seen someone you know show up wearing a jersey of a winning team and you know damn well they weren't rooting for them last year? makes me sick.

Lzen
10-04-2011, 01:45 PM
You can put yourself in a position to draft a QB. You don't need the first pick in the draft to find your franchise QB.

How many real franchise QB's are there right now? Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger? How many of them were taken 1st? Top 10?

Since nobody else addressed this...

Brady - 6th Rd (2000)
Brees - 2nd Rd (2001)
Rodgers - 24th pick (2005)
Rothlisberger - 11th pick (2004)

Lzen
10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Also of note: 2002 and 2003 were awful years in terms of QBs in the draft. 2004 was a great year, though.

http://drafthistory.com/positions/qb.html

milkman
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
It sounds like you need Cassel to come to your house and give you a pep talk. Maybe you wouldn't be so grumpy.

He can't find a receiver downfield, how the hell would he be able to find me 1500 miles away?

RippedmyFlesh
10-04-2011, 11:14 PM

Your odds of getting a good qb 1 1 (first pick 1st round) are 50-50

Way better than any other spot.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=48&pictureid=984

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/QB-1980-now.htm

Deberg_1990
10-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Since nobody else addressed this...

Brady - 6th Rd (2000)
Brees - 2nd Rd (2001)
Rodgers - 24th pick (2005)
Rothlisberger - 11th pick (2004)

Rodgers is the only one that truly stings because the Chiefs flat out passed him over.

Brady doest count, because that was blind luck the way he worked out.

Brees we didnt have a shot at, because we gave up our 1st for Vermeil and Green that year.

Big Ben was drafted before the Chiefs picked.

I know we all slam them for not taking a QB high over the years, but honestly, if you go back and research, there really hasnt been that many 1st Round QB's that became something that we flat out passed on in the past 20 years. Most of the time, the Chiefs drafted too low in the round after the best ones were selected. Thats the true curse of mediocrity (6-10 wins a year)