PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Suck for Luck comes down to Chiefs vs Dolphins

MahiMike
10-04-2011, 01:24 PM
By now, everyone has heard of the "Suck for Luck" campaign. Lousy teams surely to miss the playoffs may be inclined to tank the season in order to grab next year's #1 pick. That's where the consensus pick is Stanford's Andrew Luck. The QB so good that Mel Kiper's hair gets mussed up from the excitement of watching him.

If you're not interested in this concept of tanking a season for the betterment of your team, you can go ahead and skip this article. For those of us fans that are fed up with our team's decades of struggles, keep reading.

Right now, none of these teams seem to have embraced this concept willfully. They currently all seem to be - get this - trying to win...lol. I know, I know. Silly isn't it? Of course, this exercise is almost futile but fun nonetheless. Besides, what do fans of these teams have to look forward to anyway? I'm estimating based on a plus/minus of 2 games for each team. There's always the upset or injury that no one can account for.

I took the liberty of mapping out the schedule of each team in the Suck for Luck campaign. I only included teams that for sure could use a new QB. I didn't include lousy teams that just signed their QB recently (Panthers, Jags, Vikings, etc.). Using this information, I came up with 5 main teams; Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins, Broncos and Seahawks. The 1st 4 play against each other and have pivotal matches that will determine their Champion suckage position.

The wildcard team is the Seahawks. Playing in the NFC, they don't face any of the other teams. Still, playing in their woeful division is good for at least a couple games. I can't see how they won't win at least 4 games. They did make the playoffs last year and their schedule is similar to last year's.

Based on this analysis, I've concluded that there could be a 4 way tie for the Championship. I could see the Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins and Broncos each winning 3 games. That would make for a VERY interesting final week. Who will have more turnovers January 1st? Chiefs or Broncos? Will the Colts lay down to division rival Jags? The Jets have been losing, so their January 1st matchup with the Dolphins is already a foregone conclusion.

Assuming the Broncos have no chance vs the Bears or Patriots, their Championship game could actually come a couple weeks early vs the Vikings. Do they pre-tank? Or wait till the last game vs the Chiefs? Something else interesting about New Year's Day? The Chiefs/Broncos game is at 4:00 p.m. EST. By then, the fate of all the other teams in the Suckage Championship will be determined. Interesting indeed.

So, in summary, based on tiebreaker scenarios, the Dolphins actually have the best shot. The Chiefs/Dolphins game is the "Ultimate Suck" game. Since it's in KC, I'll give the Chiefs the unfortunate win here. Since the Chiefs/Broncos figure to split, they tie. Next tie breaker is common opponent which happens to be - the Dolphins.

Personally, as a Chiefs fan of over 40 years, I'd love to see the Dolphins sign Larry Czonka's son before the big game. Otherwise, I'll be doubly ticked if I hear these words next April; "With the 1st pick in the 2012 draft, King Carl Peterson selects...Andrew Luck!".

Chiefs schedule (Estimated 3 wins)

L - Sep 11 Bills
L - Sep 18 @Lions
L - Sep 25 @Chargers
W - Oct 2 Vikes
L? -Oct 9 @Colts (KEY GAME!)
L? -Oct 23 @Raiders
L? -Oct 31 Chargers
W? -Nov 6 Dolphins ("Ultimate Suck" game!)
W? -Nov 13 Broncos (KEY GAME!)
L? -Nov 21 @Patriots
L? -Nov 27 Steelers
L? -Dec 4 @Bears
L? -Dec 11 @Jets
L? -Dec 18 Packers
L? -Dec 24 Raiders
L? -Jan 1 @Broncos (Championship KEY GAME!)

Colts schedule (Estimated 3 wins)

L - Texans
L - Browns
L - Steelers
L - Bucs
W - Chiefs (KEY GAME)
W - Bengals
L - Saints
L - Titans
L - Falcons
W - Jags
L - Panthers
L - Patriots
L - Ravens
L - Titans
L - Texans
L - Jags (Championship KEY GAME!)

Dolphins schedule (Estimated 3 wins)

L - Patriots
L - Texans
L - Browns
L - Chargers
L? - Jets
W? - Broncos (KEY GAME)
W? - Giants
L? - Chiefs ("Ultimate Suck" game!)
L? - Redskins
W? - Bills
L? - Cowbows
L? - Raiders
L? - Eagles
L? - Bills
L? - Patriots
L? - Jets (Championship KEY GAME!)

Broncos schedule (Estimated 3 wins)

L - Raiders
W - Bengals
L - Titans
L - Packers
L? - Chargers
L? - Dolphins (KEY GAME)
L? - Lions
L? - Raiders
L? - Chiefs (KEY GAME)
L? - Jets
L? - Chargers
W? - Vikings
L? - Bears
L? - Patriots
L? - Bills
W? - Chiefs (Championship KEY GAME!)

Seahawks schedule (Estimated 4 wins)

L - 49ers
L - Steelers
W - cardinals
L - Falcons
L? - Giants
W? - Browns
W? - Bengals
L? - Cowboys
L? - Ravens
W? - Rams
L? - Redskins
L? - Eagles
L? - Rams
L? - Bears
L? - 49ers

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Great another Luck thread who the chiefs wont be getting.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Too many estimated 3 win teams on that list for the Chiefs to have any hope of getting Luck. Time to move on.

If the Chiefs are going to grab a 1st round QB its going to be Barkley/Jones or none at all. They are top 5 bad, not the worst.

tboss27
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
You think the Dolphins will beat the Giants? There's no way to predict this right now, still way too many games and the NFL has surprise wins every week. Based on MIA schedule though they look to me like they have the highest probability of getting Luck.

Bane
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Suck for Lion Heart /Mecca

wutamess
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Vikings need a qb.

Rain Man
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Vikings need a qb.

I think he's assuming that Christian Ponder is their guy.

A viable scenario for the Chiefs is that a team like the Vikings or Panthers or Jaguars ends up with the pick, in which case they either trade the pick or they trade their current young quarterback (Ponder, Newton, Gabbert, etc.) It would seem more likely that they'd trade the pick due to contract considerations, or if they trade the player it'd have to be at a steep discount given that they'd be under the old contracting rules. So I don't think it's necessary to love every game and still end up with a top-notch quarterback.

Three7s
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Oh shit, looking at the Dolphins schedule, it looks like their best chance at a victory is against the Chiefs. If they lose that one, 0-16 looks like reality.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 01:47 PM
I think he's assuming that Christian Ponder is their guy.

A viable scenario for the Chiefs is that a team like the Vikings or Panthers or Jaguars ends up with the pick, in which case they either trade the pick or they trade their current young quarterback (Ponder, Newton, Gabbert, etc.) It would seem more likely that they'd trade the pick due to contract considerations, or if they trade the player it'd have to be at a steep discount given that they'd be under the old contracting rules. So I don't think it's necessary to love every game and still end up with a top-notch quarterback.

No chance the Panthers trade Newton.

The Rams are the only team I think have a tough choice if they get the #1 pick. Me personally, I don't think Bradford has lived up to the hype but he still has enough around him that they could get a decent price for him.

If the Vikings and Jaguars young QB's turn out to be decent they wont be drafting #1. If they don't then their decision is that much easier.

Rain Man
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
No chance the Panthers trade Newton.

The Rams are the only team I think have a tough choice if they get the #1 pick. Me personally, I don't think Bradford has lived up to the hype but he still has enough around him that they could get a decent price for him.

If they Vikings and Jaguars young QB's turn out to be decent they wont be drafting #1. If they don't then their decision is that much easier.

So let's walk through all of the teams and consider whether they'd get the #1 pick or trade for it.

Teams that won't get #1 and won't trade for #1:

Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Titans, Texans, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Lions, Packers, Saints, Falcons, Buccaneers

Teams that won't get #1 but might trade for #1:

Bills, Patriots, Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers

Teams with a reasonable shot at getting #1 and would trade it or another young #1 QB

Jaguars, Vikings, Panthers, Rams

Teams with a halfway reasonable shot at getting #1 and won't trade it.

Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs (though I think we'll end up around 13-3 so I'm just humoring the pro-loser group), Broncos, Seahawks

Does this seem reasonable? So out of nine teams that have a reasonable shot at #1 (including the Chiefs even though they'll finish at 13-3), each has an 11 percent chance of getting the pick. And of those, four will trade it (or another top QB who is young) to one of 13 teams that wants it.

So if we assume all odds are equal, the Chiefs have an 11 percent chance of getting the pick outright and roughly a 3 percent chance (4/9*1/13) of trading for it.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
So let's walk through all of the teams and consider whether they'd get the #1 pick or trade for it.

Teams that won't get #1 and won't trade for #1:

Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Titans, Texans, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Lions, Packers, Saints, Falcons, Buccaneers

Teams that won't get #1 but might trade for #1:

Bills, Patriots, Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers

Teams with a reasonable shot at getting #1 and would trade it or another young #1 QB

Jaguars, Vikings, Panthers, Rams

Teams with a halfway reasonable shot at getting #1 and won't trade it.

Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs (though I think we'll end up around 13-3 so I'm just humoring the pro-loser group), Broncos, Seahawks

Does this seem reasonable? So out of nine teams that have a reasonable shot at #1 (including the Chiefs even though they'll finish at 13-3), each has an 11 percent chance of getting the pick. And of those, four will trade it (or another top QB who is young) to one of 13 teams that wants it.

So if we assume all odds are equal, the Chiefs have an 11 percent chance of getting the pick outright and roughly a 3 percent chance (4/9*1/13) of trading for it.

I think the Chiefs have a 0% chance of trading for it. Pioli is a trade down guy who thinks he's going to score another Brady.

Rain Man
10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I think the Chiefs have a 0% chance of trading for it.

My bad. I meant "trade for it or another young #1 QB", a la Ponder, Bradford, Newton, or Gabbert.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 02:08 PM
My bad. I meant "trade for it or another young #1 QB", a la Ponder, Bradford, Newton, or Gabbert.

I'd buy Ponder or Gabbert if it meant a 2nd round pick at most and picking Matt Kalil with our #1. I think the price tag on Bradford/Newton would be way too high.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
There is no guarantee that a team like the Rams or Panthers would trade out of the #1 pick if they do get it.

Say the Rams get the #1 pick. They could take the best available trade down offer....but then they have no guarantee of getting a dynamic playmaker. I could see them staying put and taking a WR that high. Stranger things have happened...

Rain Man
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
There is no guarantee that a team like the Rams or Panthers would trade out of the #1 pick if they do get it.

Say the Rams get the #1 pick. They could take the best available trade down offer....but then they have no guarantee of getting a dynamic playmaker. I could see them staying put and taking a WR that high. Stranger things have happened...

If that's true, that's even better, because we're more interested in the quarterback who would now slide to #2.

tooge
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
The Broncos aren't nearly as bad as the Chiefs this year. They will beat the chiefs twice, and that will be enough to get them out of it. It will either be Miami (most likely), or Seattle that gets Luck, unless of course Indy tanks on purpose which wouldn't surprise me at all, those bastards. I'm ok with not getting Luck, IF, he goes to the NFC. Therefore, I am pulling hard for the Hawks to lose.

Caseyguyrr
10-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Chiefs have about a much of chance to get Andrew Luck as they do winning the Super Bowl this year

Pants
10-04-2011, 02:24 PM
The Broncos aren't nearly as bad as the Chiefs this year. They will beat the chiefs twice, and that will be enough to get them out of it. It will either be Miami (most likely), or Seattle that gets Luck, unless of course Indy tanks on purpose which wouldn't surprise me at all, those bastards. I'm ok with not getting Luck, IF, he goes to the NFC. Therefore, I am pulling hard for the Hawks to lose.

Did you watch Indy play TB last night? They were down to plugging practice squad dudes in. The whole team is fucking hurt. Freeney and Mathis can't do everything.

Rain Man
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Chiefs have about a much of chance to get Andrew Luck as they do winning the Super Bowl this year

Wow. We're going to win a Super Bowl and get Luck?

(Because right now I put our odds of a Super Bowl win at 100%.)

HemiEd
10-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Did you watch Indy play TB last night? They were down to plugging practice squad dudes in. The whole team is ****ing hurt. Freeney and Mathis can't do everything.

And still only lost by one score on the road. They played hard and are not used to losing.

go bo
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM

let the party commence... PBJ PBJ PBJ

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
If we beat the Colts Sunday will you faggots stop this nonsense please?

Mr. Arrowhead
10-04-2011, 02:40 PM
If we beat the Colts Sunday will you pillowbitergots stop this nonsense please?

If we lose, then Suck For Luck is on big time

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
If we lose, then Suck For Luck is on big time

Rgr that

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Playing @ Indy when they are 0-4 is going to be a tough game. JMO.

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Playing @ Indy when they are 0-4 is going to be a tough game. JMO.

So, when we win...can the S4L go bye bye for good?

ModSocks
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Expect Barkley or Jones. If we get Luck, great. But you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

lcarus
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
If we beat the Colts next week, forget about Luck.

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Expect Barkley or Jones. If we get Luck, great. But you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

We need more barkley and jones threads so I can jack off in a realistic way

jd1020
10-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Even as unrealistic as a #1 pick and Luck sounds, Barkley/Jones are only just slightly less unrealistic because of who runs the FO. It will all be a disappointment come draft day! We'll be picking like 6th, Barkley/Jones will still be on the board, and we'll pick a WR/OT to further protect Cassel.

Get ready for the once previous, almost Heisman, Case Keenum in the 6th round.

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Even as unrealistic as a #1 pick and Luck sounds, Barkley/Jones are only just slightly less unrealistic because of who runs the FO. It will all be a disappointment come draft day! We'll be picking like 6th, Barkley/Jones will still be on the board, and we'll pick a WR/OT to further protect Cassel.

I don't see Pioli picking an OT with the 6 overall.....I'm not saying you are wrong about the disappointment at all though...I agree with you about that.

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
So, when we win...can the S4L go bye bye for good?

I honestly don't think our defense is bad enough to win S4L. But I want Luck, preferably without trading two entire drafts to move up 4 spots in the draft. I'm in a quandry. It's also extremely difficult for me not to root for this team when I watch them play, with the exception of Cassel. I think this team is an instant contender with Luck, so I have to hope for it.

Even if you don't think Luck is the bees knees (which I do, and wouldn't trade down) you have to admit getting the number one pick and trading down to take an RGIII or a Weeden while stealing someones entire draft this year and next year seems awfully appealing.

Chiefshrink
10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I think the Chiefs have a 0% chance of trading for it. Pioli is a trade down guy who thinks he's going to score another Brady.

If we get the No.1 pick which I doubt we will because the Colts will end up winning this losing contest IMO based on remaining schedules. But bottom line question is, does Pioli have the balls to trade the pick away for the so-called farm which he could probably get assuming those teams interested have enough and face the wrath of the fan base staying with Cassel in hopes that Matt turns it around?

I don't think Pioli is 'that stupid' and even IF Pioli were tempted Clark would step in and prevent Pioli's temptation for a happy fan base that would fill Arrowhead once again and that's what's all about for Clark anyhow besides a SB is selling tickets.

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Even if you don't think Luck is the bees knees (which I do, and wouldn't trade down) you have to admit getting the number one pick and trading down to take an RGIII or a Weeden while stealing someones entire draft this year and next year seems awfully appealing.

Oh trust me , I am a big fan of trading down....I even wouldn't have minded trading down last year, even though I love Urc Burry..

I want Andrew Luck, I just don't think its going to happen and therefore I can't bring myself to root against my own team..especially this early in the season when we still have the Chargers & Raiders at home and the Broncos suck pretty badly....

I mean, its not like limping into the playoffs and getting beaten in round one again is my dream , but I think winning games and being a part of a winning team is better than getting a high draft pick...Just take a look at some of the franchises who had #1 draft picks and how LONG it took them to drag themselves out of the gutter...(Of course there are exceptions but by and large having a number one pick means YEARS more of losing).

jd1020
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
If we get the No.1 pick which I doubt we will because the Colts will end up winning this losing contest IMO based on remaining schedules. But bottom line question is, does Pioli have the balls to trade the pick away for the so-called farm which he could probably get assuming those teams interested have enough and face the wrath of the fan base staying with Cassel in hopes that Matt turns it around?

I don't think Pioli is 'that stupid' and even IF Pioli were tempted Clark would step in and prevent Pioli's temptation for a happy fan base that would fill Arrowhead once again and that's what's all about for Clark anyhow besides a SB is selling tickets.

I wouldn't be overly upset if Pioli did trade it for the farm, but only to a team in the top 3 and he chose Barkley/Jones.

If he traded it for the farm intending to keep Cassel he'd better double up all of his deadbolts.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Don't count out the Dolphins. Henne might be out for the season.

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Oh trust me , I am a big fan of trading down....I even wouldn't have minded trading down last year, even though I love Urc Burry..

I want Andrew Luck, I just don't think its going to happen and therefore I can't bring myself to root against my own team..especially this early in the season when we still have the Chargers & Raiders at home and the Broncos suck pretty badly....

I mean, its not like limping into the playoffs and getting beaten in round one again is my dream , but I think winning games and being a part of a winning team is better than getting a high draft pick...Just take a look at some of the franchises who had #1 draft picks and how LONG it took them to drag themselves out of the gutter...(Of course there are exceptions but by and large having a number one pick means YEARS more of losing).

This team has as much talent as the Lions, probably more. With the exception of the QB position. I'm just saying, if you put Matt Stafford on this team, we are a serious contender. And Luck is more of a superior prospect than Stafford was.

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't be overly upset if Pioli did trade it for the farm, but only to a team in the top 3 and he chose Barkley/Jones.

If he traded it for the farm intending to keep Cassel he'd better double up all of his deadbolts.

Barkley and Jones are my fourth and fifth preferred QBs at this point, so I would mind.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Barkley and Jones are my fourth and fifth preferred QBs at this point, so I would mind.

Well, that's a personal opinion from someone who matters not in the college/pro football world.

Luck
Barkley
Jones

Are the consensus top 3 QB's. The only thing that's not agreed upon is who is #2.

I don't play the hindsight game. I don't pretend to watch every single snap of all the QBs on the big boards.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Well, that's a personal opinion from someone who matters not in the college/pro football world.

Luck
Barkley
Jones

Are the consensus top 3 QB's. The only thing that's not agreed upon is who is #2.

I don't play the hindsight game. I don't pretend to watch every single QB on the big boards.

I know.....how dare he have an opinion......right?

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
This team has as much talent as the Lions, probably more. With the exception of the QB position. I'm just saying, if you put Matt Stafford on this team, we are a serious contender. And Luck is more of a superior prospect than Stafford was.

I haven't heard anyone say they wouldn't like Luck on the team or argue that he isn't a good prospect....

But if you are talking about 'this team' ( missing charles,berry, moeaki, siler, etc...) than I would disagree about being a serious contender....We wouldn't even be a contender let alone a serious contender still with the schedule we have and the injuries we have sustained.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I know.....how dare he have an opinion......right?

Just like I have an opinion that the Vikings aren't going to pass on Luck because they reached for a QB last year... right?

Go dive on a rusty blade.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Just like I have an opinion that the Vikings aren't going to pass on Luck because they reached for a QB last year... right?

Go dive on a rusty blade.

Show me where I claimed that your opinion wasn't the same one in the Vikings organization.

You can't....can you?

I'll dive on that rusty blade just as soon as I pull it out of your mom's ass.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Show me where I claimed that your opinion wasn't the same one in the Vikings organization.

You can't....can you?

I'll dive on that rusty blade just as soon as I pull it out of your mom's ass.

Good one. Insult a third person over the internet. I'm so hurt.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Good one. Insult a third person over the internet. I'm so hurt.

I know you are. That's why I said it.

Next I'm going to give you neg rep because I know it makes you weep.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
The OP seems to be being quite generous with estimating 3 wins by Miami. You think they are going to beat the Giants?

To get the 1st pick the Chiefs can't win more than 3 games. Those 3 wins can't come against Miami(for sure)Colts/Denver(probably). Both the colts and donks have a wildcards in Manning and Tebow, who could come in and spark them to more wins but i just don't see Miami winning much of anything.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh no! Don't take away my green!

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM
The OP seems to be being quite generous with estimating 3 wins by Miami. You think they are going to beat the Giants?

To get the 1st pick the Chiefs can't win more than 3 games. Those 3 wins can't come against Miami(for sure)Colts/Denver(probably). Both the colts and donkeys have a wildcards in Manning and Tebow, who could come in and spark them to more wins but i just don't see Miami winning much of anything.

Manning isn't coming back this year. There is no way that the Colts org. would risk further injury. The Manning wildcard that the Colts do have though is if Peyton tries to throw his weight around and demands that the Colts draft a LT to block for him. Either that or another WR for him to throw to.

I still think that the Dolphins have the best chance of getting Luck. If Henne is out for the season....they're down to Matt Moore. The Bills are better. The Patriots are definitely better and the Jets have way to strong of a defense for Miami.

MahiMike
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM

yeah, that's the same list I came up with.

MahiMike
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
If we beat the Colts next week, forget about Luck.

Agreed. Right now we still have hope though. Indy looks like a team still trying to win and we suck on the road.

cdcox
10-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I took the liberty of mapping out the schedule of each team in the Suck for Luck campaign. I included every team in the league. I simulated the season 10000 times using a probabilistic outcome of each game determined by performances to date and rigorously broke all of the ties to determine draft order. Using this information, I determined that chances of it coming down to the KC Miami game are pretty low.

HerculesRockefell
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
So, in summary, based on tiebreaker scenarios, the Dolphins actually have the best shot. The Chiefs/Dolphins game is the "Ultimate Suck" game. Since it's in KC, I'll give the Chiefs the unfortunate win here. Since the Chiefs/Broncos figure to split, they tie. Next tie breaker is common opponent which happens to be - the Dolphins.

These aren't the tiebreakers when determining draft pick order among teams with identical records, strength of schedule is the first tiebreaker. The weaker SOS picks first.

And I think Denver has a real shot of being 1-14 going into the KC game at the end.

mdchiefsfan
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Get ready for the once previous, almost Heisman, Case Keenum in the 6th round.

This is my reasoning for hoping we S4L. Not that I want to see us fail, but I want Pioli to be in a position where he has to take the overall talent. There would be no excuse for him to not draft Luck with the #1 overall. But if we draft 3rd of 4th and Luck is gone (which he will be) there will be no QB Pioli sees worthy of drafting in the first, then Pioli says, "What!? I drafted Stanzi, give him time!"

Ralphy Boy
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't care to read the entire thread to see if this has already been mentioned, but given the new rookie salary cap, I think its more likely than ever before that teams will cut bait sooner on a high draft pick and or go back and take the same position a year or two later. Given that taking a QB at #1 overall isn't nearly expensive as it used to be, I think its wishful thinking to say "they just drafted x QB 2 years ago so they won't draft the best QB prospect in at least a decade".

Bradford got $78 million with $50 mil guaranteed on a 6 year deal. Newton got $22 million, Gabbert got $12 million. Luck at $25 million on a 4 year deal is very much worth the cost given his upside and what some backups are getting these days. Kerry Collins got $4 million coming out of retirement.

Thinking that a team won't take one just because they just did a year or two ago is probably wishful at best.

Also, I think its stupid to try and predict what teams will likely be drafting in the #1 spot when we are only a 1/4 the way thru the season.

In the end, no matter how much we all might want Luck or anyone other than Cassel, you all know our "luck" and know deep down that we won't end up with him.

Okie_Apparition
10-04-2011, 04:59 PM
You want Carl Peterson back? Just when I thought the S4L crew couldn't get any more dumbest

whoman69
10-04-2011, 05:02 PM
It will be interesting give the new rookie scale how willing clubs are to take on a young QB when they already have one. I don't think the Rams cut bait with Bradford yet though he has definitely taken a step back. I think the Panthers will start winning some games. Minnesota is the interesting situation with Ponder who hasn't really gotten a shot yet. I think they take a look at him soon given the way their year is going. Miami, Seattle and Indy would be taking Luck along with us, no brainer.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I said it before in another thread......but I think the Cowboys are an outside team. Not in losing....but in trading up to the #1 pick.

jd1020
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I said it before in another thread......but I think the Cowboys are an outside team. Not in losing....but in trading up to the #1 pick.

Never really thought of them trading up. Jones is bold enough to do it, if he's ready to abandon his step child.

The Bad Guy
10-04-2011, 05:13 PM
I see winning against an equally awful Vikings team has sparked some hope at 6-10 for some.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Never really thought of them trading up. Jones is bold enough to do it, if he's ready to abandon his step child.

He could easily trade up for Luck and sit him for a year.....or at least until Romo chokes away another victory.

The Franchise
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't count out the Redskins either. They have NOTHING at QB and Snyder wouldn't hesitate to trade away an entire draft for Luck.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I see winning against an equally awful Vikings team has sparked some hope at 6-10 for some.

Yeah I know and I don't see why either. I watched the game again and both teams are terrible. We won because the Vikings didn't suck as much as we suck for those three hours. It was painful to watch. They converted a 4th and 14 for crying out loud!!! We had five field goals and one TD against a bad defense. We still can't run the ball and the Vikings should get another loss in the column for being idiots not going after our LBs in coverage in the middle of the field. Shianco should've had a bigger game even with my Grandma back there at QB.

I hope no one is getting their hopes up. This is still a three to four win team MAX.

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
You want Carl Peterson back? Just when I thought the S4L crew couldn't get any more dumbest

Reading Fail?

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I'll repeat this here, where it will undoubtedly get more play. Thanks nj for the footage convincing me we absolutely must steer clear of Barkley.

Barkley looked exactly like Cassel in this film, and it wasn't just because he was wearing number 7.

He responds to pressure the same; he makes the same mental mistakes, and I don't think he has an NFL arm.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OWxu0etXIhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020
10-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I like Jones over Barkley but I don't see Cassel in Barkley. When Barkley learns to set his feet he'll be pretty good. You don't see Barkley staring in the face of the defender on a pass rush and completely ignoring everything else.

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I like Jones over Barkley but I don't see Cassel in Barkley. When Barkley learns to set his feet he'll be pretty good. You don't see Barkley staring in the face of the defender on a pass rush and completely ignoring everything else.

youre going to make me watch that awful video again to dispute this claim aren't you?

jd1020
10-04-2011, 06:13 PM
youre going to make me watch that awful video again to dispute this claim aren't you?

Go right ahead. He does a lot of jump throws/throws off his back foot. He just needs to work on his footwork.

MMXcalibur
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
This entire Suck 4 Luck campaign is depressing as shit. It's Week 5 and we're talking about the Draft already.

Okie_Apparition
10-04-2011, 06:26 PM
When he goes to Denver, they'll follow

Chiefs Pantalones
10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
This entire Suck 4 Luck campaign is depressing as shit. It's Week 5 and we're talking about the Draft already.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley

PS. CASSEL FOR LIFE BITCHES!
Pioli

The Bad Guy
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM

You think that's depressing? I sit there for 3 hours and watch this clown play quarterback for this team. That's pure depression. Plus if you really want to get depressed, count how many years it's been since we've won a playoff game. Then what you can do is count on one hand how many years we had stellar QB play during that drought.

Then you'll be as depressed as the rest of us.

Setsuna
10-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I took the liberty of mapping out the schedule of each team in the Suck for Luck campaign. I included every team in the league. I simulated the season 10000 times using a probabilistic outcome of each game determined by performances to date and rigorously broke all of the ties to determine draft order. Using this information, I determined that chances of it coming down to the KC Miami game are pretty low.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Nightfyre
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM

What are the current chances we win the suck for luck race?

Marcellus
10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley

PS. CASSEL FOR LIFE BITCHES!
Pioli

I am certain Cassel is not on Haley and Clark trusted the guy he gave the $$ and keys to to not fuck it up.

Clark picked the highest profile big name guy out there and I am sure he wasn't cheap.

If Pioli fails, it's not because Clark didn't try to get the big fish.

If Haley fails, a lot has to do with Casshole.

The only thing I am sure of is Clark will not do the 20 year plan like his dad. He is more competitive and I don't see him chilling while the team is in suck mode.

Sucky
10-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah after reading the OP, I do think Miami probably has the best shot. Their schedule is pretty damn hard.

RealSNR
10-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I took the liberty of mapping out the schedule of each team in the Suck for Luck campaign. I included every team in the league. I simulated the season 10000 times using a probabilistic outcome of each game determined by performances to date and rigorously broke all of the ties to determine draft order. Using this information, I determined that chances of it coming down to the KC Miami game are pretty low.If you could keep us up to date with some odds regarding Andrew Luck.

Just you know... periodically throughout the year. That'd be aweshum.

cdcox
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

http://nfl-forecast.com/

cdcox
10-04-2011, 08:17 PM
If you could keep us up to date with some odds regarding Andrew Luck.

Just you know... periodically throughout the year. That'd be aweshum.

Post 368 in this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250205&page=5

BigMeatballDave
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Chiefs win Sunday, and I'm off the Suck for Luck bandwagon.

There's no way they would lose out.

RJ
10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
The Colts will get the #1 pick. It's an NFL conspiracy. Manning's neck is fine, at this very moment he is sipping a frothy tropical drink while sitting at a tiki bar on a Carribbean island that the rest of us have never heard of because we can't afford to go there. Sometime next season there will be a tag team wrestling match featuring Peyton and Luck vs Brett Favre and Mark Sanchez - winners take all ladder match.

Remember.....you heard it here first.

BoneKrusher
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
The Colts will get the #1 pick. It's an NFL conspiracy. Manning's neck is fine, at this very moment he is sipping a frothy tropical drink while sitting at a tiki bar on a Carribbean island that the rest of us have never heard of because we can't afford to go there. Sometime next season there will be a tag team wrestling match featuring Peyton and Luck vs Brett Favre and Mark Sanchez - winners take all ladder match.

wouldn't be shocked at all, Luck is that good.;)

whoman69
10-05-2011, 07:33 PM

If it were an NFL conspiracy it would be Dallas or New York. Though it does keep one of their smaller markets viable.

Okie_Apparition
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
WELCOME TO MIAMI ANDREW LUCK

Chad Henne done for the year

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 10:14 AM
WELCOME TO MIAMI ANDREW LUCK

Chad Henne done for the year

Sigh.

Yep.

And the Chiefs will beat the Colts on Sunday and the Suck4Luck hope will die. Chiefs fans will need to be put on suicide watch.

BTW, I thought Henne only had a shoulder seperation? WTF? Miami is really trying to tank it.

The Franchise
10-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Come on now.....this is Miami we're talking about.

Is there really that big of a talent gap between Chad Henne and Matt Moore? Moore actually looked somewhat decent last Sunday.

Plus this IS the franchise that passed up Brady Quinn for Ted Ginn and John Beck.

Okie_Apparition
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Luck is not the end all be all

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Come on now.....this is Miami we're talking about.

Is there really that big of a talent gap between Chad Henne and Matt Moore? Moore actually looked somewhat decent last Sunday.

Plus this IS the franchise that passed up Brady Quinn for Ted Ginn and John Beck.

Who is Miami going to beat? Looks like a 1 win squad to me. MAYBE KC if Daniel Thomas all of sudden blows up....but aside from that?

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Luck is not the end all be all

Well....While I kinda agree with you, when you watch the Highlights of Luck/Barkley/Jones you can see that the talent gap is pretty wide.

That doesn't mean that either Barkley or Jones can't work out, but the odds are much lower.

Jaric
10-06-2011, 10:23 AM

I like the cut of your jib.

suds79
10-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Chiefs win Sunday, and I'm off the Suck for Luck bandwagon.

There's no way they would lose out.

Yep. It's our last chance at him.

That dream will be completely done at that point if we win this Sunday.

Okie_Apparition
10-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I if 1 player can own a sport for a decade. That sport sucks

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Yep. It's our last chance at him.

That dream will be completely done at that point if we win this Sunday.

I don't really see how the Chiefs lose that game. Tamba is going to murder Painter. The Vikings and Dolphins however are taking suck to a whole new level.

suds79
10-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I if 1 player can own a sport for a decade. That sport sucks

Well then you might want to give up on the NFL because with rule changes, it's a QB league.

I actually think it used to be more interesting because there were more ways than one to build a championship team. (ex: 85 bears, 2000 Ravens). But that's history. Now? It's hard for me to even get excited or interested in Chiefs drafts because I know the league is 85% QB with the rest of the team as filler. I have a "wake me when they draft a QB in the first type of attitude".

The Franchise
Who is Miami going to beat? Looks like a 1 win squad to me. MAYBE KC if Daniel Thomas all of sudden blows up....but aside from that?

Bills....possibly the Broncos.

The Bills just got beat by the Bengals.....so it's possible that the Dolphins could beat them as well.

bricks
I don't really see how the Chiefs lose that game. Tamba is going to murder Painter. The Vikings and Dolphins however are taking suck to a whole new level.

True.

But, I'd still give Indy the edge in the passrush department.

Indy has two really good passrushers and the Chiefs only have 1.

Plus, Freeney and Mathis have been beasts in the backfield this year. I don't think Richardson and Albert will be able to handle them.

I expect Cassel to run for his life this game. When he does, look for a few mistakes.

The Franchise
10-06-2011, 10:31 AM

If we lose this Sunday....it's because Matt Cassel lost it for us.....or our safeties raised the bar and refused to cover Garcon or Wayne.

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
The Bills just got beat by the Bengals.....so it's possible that the Dolphins could beat them as well.

I guess. Only because it's a divisional game though. Still...that's only one win. And I think Denver beats them. I HOPE Denver beats them. Denver better beat them...

suds79
10-06-2011, 10:32 AM

You're probably right but you just never know. Did anybody see Buffalo beating NE? Did anybody think with as poor as we looked in weeks 1 & 2 that we'd have a chance to win the SD game on the last drive? I didn't.

You just never know. And given where the Chiefs are? I think we're capable of losing to anybody.

The Franchise
10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I guess. Only because it's a divisional game though. Still...that's only one win. And I think Denver beats them. I HOPE Denver beats them. Denver better beat them...

Miami has a shot if they fire Sparano and bring in someone who knows how the fuck to run that offense. Who the fuck uses Bush as an every down back and then refuses to throw the ball to him?

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
True.

But, I'd still give Indy the edge in the passrush department.

Indy has two really good passrushers and the Chiefs only have 1.

Plus, Freeney and Mathis have been beasts in the backfield this year. I don't think Richardson and Albert will be able to handle them.

I expect Cassel to run for his life this game. When he does, look for a few mistakes.

I disagree. I think Albert will be fine handling Freeney just as he was last year.

Curtis Painter + Back up LT Vs. Tamba is a worse situation for the Colts than

Matt Cassel w/ both starting tackels vs Freeney and Mathis.

My bold statement of the week: Tamba will finish the game with more sacks than both Freeney and Mathis combined.

suds79
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Miami has a shot if they fire Sparano and bring in someone who knows how the **** to run that offense. Who the **** uses Bush as an every down back and then refuses to throw the ball to him?

You know how teams always get a shot of adrenaline when they fire a coach. It's good for about 2 games.

The Franchise
I disagree. I think Albert will be fine handling Freeney just as he was last year.

Curtis Painter + Back up LT Vs. Tamba is a worse situation for the Colts than

Matt Cassel w/ both starting tackels vs Freeney and Mathis.

My bold statement of the week: Tamba will finish the game with more sacks than both Freeney and Mathis combined.

It depends on how smart the Colts are. There is no one else on our team that rushes the QB as much as Hali. The Colts just need to watch film of the Bills and Lions games. Double-team Hali and pick us apart through the air.

ModSocks
Miami has a shot if they fire Sparano and bring in someone who knows how the **** to run that offense. Who the **** uses Bush as an every down back and then refuses to throw the ball to him?

I agree. But lets be real here, if Miami fires Sparano they'll only hire an interim from within....and who do they have that's already in the organization worth half a shit? They'd probably find themselves in an even worse situation than before.

The Franchise
10-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I agree. But lets be real here, if Miami fires Sparano they'll only hire an interim from within....and who do they have that's already in the organization worth half a shit? They'd probably find themselves in an even worse situation than before.

Isn't Mike Nolan their DC?

MahiMike
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
It's still early. On any given Sunday, there's at least one upset. A rainy game with lotsa turnovers, pick 6's, etc. I'm still hopeful the Colts win in Indy Sunday. But damn! The Colts and Dolphins are just doing everything right so far.

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 11:04 AM
It's still early. On any given Sunday, there's at least one upset. A rainy game with lotsa turnovers, pick 6's, etc. I'm still hopeful the Colts win in Indy Sunday. But damn! The Colts and Dolphins are just doing everything right so far.

Yeah. I love how Henne's shoulder is "Worse then they originally believed". Something smells fishy here.....

Okie_Apparition
10-06-2011, 11:08 AM
They robbed the suck off LJ
THOSE BASTARDS :cuss:

VAChief
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Time to start Palko...run the Wing T offense, put Bowe, Breaston and Hali on IR and let the chips fall where they may.

Sucky
10-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Damn. Henne being out now plus a hard schedule really helps the Fins

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 11:51 AM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

"Peyton Manning (neck surgeries) said Thursday that he's still hopeful of playing in 2011.
Manning is getting X-rays every four weeks. So far, the recovery has gone well and doctors have given him the green light to stand on the sideline this week. If Manning does play, it won't be until November or December. The Colts will have to decide if the risk is worth it in a lost season."

talastan
10-06-2011, 11:53 AM

"Peyton Manning (neck surgeries) said Thursday that he's still hopeful of playing in 2011.
Manning is getting X-rays every four weeks. So far, the recovery has gone well and doctors have given him the green light to stand on the sideline this week. If Manning does play, it won't be until November or December. The Colts will have to decide if the risk is worth it in a lost season."

Pray for the miracle healing of Peyton....Someone trade Tebow to the Colts stat!!

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Pray for the miracle healing of Peyton....Someone trade Tebow to the Colts stat!!

I hope this news really inspires the Colts. Maybe they'll think that if they can just get enough wins till Peyton gets back he can be in a position to lead them to the playoffs.

Sucky
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Thats good to hear. lets hope he comes back and wins some games

The Franchise
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
The Dolphins signed Sage Rosenfels.

talastan
10-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Didn't Rosenfels beat us a couple of seasons back?

jspchief
10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
The Dolphins signed Sage Rosenfels.I was just asking about him in a thread last week.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
You can't stop this!!!!!111!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0

58kcfan89
10-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Fuck. They're getting Luck, aren't they?...

TEX
10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Do not rule out Denver. History has a way of repeating itself...They somehow get another QB from Stanford and we're stuck with another Todd Blackledge...

whoman69
10-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Do not rule out Denver. History has a way of repeating itself...They somehow get another QB from Stanford and we're stuck with another Todd Blackledge...

To be fair they traded for a QB from Stanford.

Dave Lane
10-06-2011, 05:07 PM
It depends on how smart the Colts are. There is no one else on our team that rushes the QB as much as Hali. The Colts just need to watch film of the Bills and Lions games. Double-team Hali and pick us apart through the air.

And run past Jackson.

GordonGekko
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Watch the Chiefs beat Green Bay or something dastardly like that. Win like 4 games, and draft 5th overall. That would suck like hell. If we are going to be bad, let's be BAD!!

jd1020
10-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Watch the Chiefs beat Green Bay or something dastardly like that. Win like 4 games, and draft 5th overall. That would suck like hell. If we are going to be bad, let's be BAD!!

I see 5th just as good as the 2nd pick. Just as long as the 1st pick doesn't go to the Vikings or Cincinnati.

Luck is going #1 no question. So you are looking at 3 teams left. Vikings and Cincinnati I doubt would pick either Barkley/Jones. I doubt the Colts will pick a QB in the first other than Luck. They'll probably go with Matt Kalil and get a QB in the second day. I don't see the Broncos ending with a worse record than us. The tough ones are the Dolphins/Seahawks. I can see both teams picking QB's no matter who is on the board.

I still think there's more than a good chance that if we picked 5th we'd get to choose between Barkley/Jones.

Okie_Apparition
10-06-2011, 05:30 PM
The Dolphins might take Cassel, #5 & #37. They are the Dolphins

ILChief
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry, but as much as I'd love to have Luck, we're not getting the top pick. We're nowhere near the worst team in the league. The first two games were complete disasters but they hung with SD on the road (could have won if not for that awful interception) and won last week. Plus playing Indy, Miami, and Denver twice will get us enough wins to not get the #1 pick. Plus we could beat SD at home on Monday night on Halloween. We could possibly split with Oakland. Plus the tough part of our schedule isn't as tough as it looked with Pittsburgh and the Jets not looking that great. Plus Chicago isn't unbeatable. Granted, Green Bay and New England will destroy us. I'm not saying we'll even come close to winning all those games. But we're not gonna lose all of them either. I'd say we end up drafting in the 7-10 range.

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
need a few upsets this week

Seattle to upset the Giants
Carolina to upset the Saints
Donks to upset the Dolts

if we can get a couple of these it would be nice

vikings also play arizona so it's kind of a win-win

O.city
10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
We should giv up on the whole get the number 1 pick thing. We aren't that bad. We need to just win what we can, trade up and get Luck.

BoneKrusher
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
We should giv up on the whole get the number 1 pick thing. We aren't that bad. We need to just win what we can, trade up and get Luck.

maybe as the season goes on we'll get to see Stanzi play...

and just maybe we find we have a QB already on the roster.;)

Marcellus
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
need a few upsets this week

Seattle to upset the Giants
Carolina to upset the Saints
Donks to upset the Dolts

if we can get a couple of these it would be nice

vikings also play arizona so it's kind of a win-win

Carolina is not a threat. They are not taking Luck.

FloridaMan88
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
The Dolphins have a major weapon now that Henne is out... Matt Moore. This guy is fresh off of delivering Cam Newton to Carolina last year.

He knows how to suck for the #1 overall pick.

The Chiefs need a loss to Indy on Sunday... badly.

88TG88
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry, but as much as I'd love to have Luck, we're not getting the top pick. We're nowhere near the worst team in the league. The first two games were complete disasters but they hung with SD on the road (could have won if not for that awful interception) and won last week. Plus playing Indy, Miami, and Denver twice will get us enough wins to not get the #1 pick. Plus we could beat SD at home on Monday night on Halloween. We could possibly split with Oakland. Plus the tough part of our schedule isn't as tough as it looked with Pittsburgh and the Jets not looking that great. Plus Chicago isn't unbeatable. Granted, Green Bay and New England will destroy us. I'm not saying we'll even come close to winning all those games. But we're not gonna lose all of them either. I'd say we end up drafting in the 7-10 range.
Sounds like youre right

NJChiefsFan
10-06-2011, 11:43 PM

I kinda agree with the first part. However, I still think its more likely we end up with the first pick then Pioli ever trades what he will need to for Luck.

MahiMike
10-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I see 5th just as good as the 2nd pick. Just as long as the 1st pick doesn't go to the Vikings or Cincinnati.

Luck is going #1 no question. So you are looking at 3 teams left. Vikings and Cincinnati I doubt would pick either Barkley/Jones. I doubt the Colts will pick a QB in the first other than Luck. They'll probably go with Matt Kalil and get a QB in the second day. I don't see the Broncos ending with a worse record than us. The tough ones are the Dolphins/Seahawks. I can see both teams picking QB's no matter who is on the board.

I still think there's more than a good chance that if we picked 5th we'd get to choose between Barkley/Jones.

Cincinatti's D is worth 2 or 3 games.

MahiMike
10-07-2011, 06:22 AM
I kinda agree with the first part. However, I still think its more likely we end up with the first pick then Pioli ever trades what he will need to for Luck.

I know, right? If I was GM I'd go 'all in' like Atlanta did w/Julio Jones this year. They won't make the playoffs this year because of it but give them another year and they still have the best young WR in the game.

jd1020
10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
I know, right? If I was GM I'd go 'all in' like Atlanta did w/Julio Jones this year. They won't make the playoffs this year because of it but give them another year and they still have the best young WR in the game.

Ya because Atlanta really went "all in." Giving up a 2nd and 4th to move up 21 spots in the first. WOW! Talk about taking a risk!

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Just once, I wish the Chiefs would be great at being good or being bad. They have had really good years..... I mean, they have won divisions, had the best record in the league.... all nice things.

And, they have had top five picks....

But, they have not won the Super Bowl (since I have been alive) and have not had the first overall pick.

This year, it is clear that they are bad. I want them to be worldbeaten bad. I want the sisters of the poor to be giving points when we play them. I want Andrew Luck.

The reality is that the Chiefs are not winning the Super Bowl, and they aren't getting Lucky either.

We are stuck, in this in between world.... much the same as purgatory, I presume.

The Chiefs are the epitome of mediocre.

jd1020
10-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Just once, I wish the Chiefs would be great at being good or being bad. They have had really good years..... I mean, they have won divisions, had the best record in the league.... all nice things.

Why would anyone with the balls to call themselves a fan ever want their team to be great at being bad?

MahiMike
10-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Why would anyone with the balls to call themselves a fan ever want their team to be great at being bad?

'cause...it's the only way you get the #1 pick, dude.

jd1020
10-07-2011, 07:06 AM
'cause...it's the only way you get the #1 pick, dude.

No, not really... dude.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2011, 07:08 AM

The Chiefs are stuck in mediocrity.

I believe Cassel is better than most on this board. I still know he isn't franchise level good. I know that he can't carry a team the way an Aaron Rogers can.

I Remember watching the 2008 season thinking that the Chiefs were so bad, that maybe, maybe they would be able to draft Stafford. But, no, they weren't quite bad enough.

This year, the Chiefs aren't good. I think they will win between 4 and 6 games. Then what?

Seriously.

I know they won't get the #1 pick, the same as I know they won't win the Super Bowl.... but, I can dream. I can dream about the Chiefs finally getting the franchise QB that they haven't had.

Since 1990, the Chiefs have tried EVERY other way to win the ring. Let's just try this franchise QB idea. I think the other teams in the league may have something there.

jd1020
10-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Since 2000 how many SB's have been won with a QB who was drafted #1?

People acting like only franchise QB's come with the #1 pick need to shutup.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2011, 07:12 AM
One other thing.... see, I am not draft a QB at all costs guy. I didn't like Sanchez or Clausen coming out. I am fine drafting a franchise QB, but it has to be one with the talent to be a franchise QB.

I don't want to draft a guy like Sanchez, just to say we drafted a QB. I want to draft the 'right' QB.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Since 2000 how many SB's have been won with a QB who was drafted #1?

People acting like only franchise QB's come with the #1 pick need to shutup.

Way to twist the argument.

Of course, the #1 pick is not the 'only' way to get a franchise QB.

But, it is the ONLY way you are going to get Andrew Luck.

So, then it becomes a question of how good you think Andrew Luck will be. I think he will be a top three QB, and probably a Hall of Famer, if he stays healthy. (no guarantees on that last part)

I feel better about Luck than I did about Stafford, or any other QB coming out.... since... well, just about ever.

It will be interesting to see how he turns out. If he is as good as most think, the Dolphins will have a run similar to when they were in the 70's. (That is who I think gets the #1 pick).

jd1020
10-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Way to twist the argument.

Of course, the #1 pick is not the 'only' way to get a franchise QB.

But, it is the ONLY way you are going to get Andrew Luck.

So, then it becomes a question of how good you think Andrew Luck will be. I think he will be a top three QB, and probably a Hall of Famer, if he stays healthy. (no guarantees on that last part)

I feel better about Luck than I did about Stafford, or any other QB coming out.... since... well, just about ever.

It will be interesting to see how he turns out. If he is as good as most think, the Dolphins will have a run similar to when they were in the 70's. (That is who I think gets the #1 pick).

I'm not twisting anything. Everyone who is chanting S4L are acting like he's the only way.

The Cleveland Cavaliers tanked a season for LeBron. How many championships did they win with him? 0. Where are they now?

**** tanking a season for the #1 pick.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm not twisting anything. Everyone who is chanting S4L are acting like he's the only way.

Nope. Just the way that is staring us in the face right now.

It's kind of like getting rich. There are many ways to do it. Most, have to save and invest over a long period of time. They have to sacrifice. Similar to what a fan would go through in a losing season to get Luck.

Getting a Tom Brady in the sixth round is like winning the lottery. Sure, some win the lottery, but no one would advocate that as sound financial planning.

jd1020
10-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Nope. Just the way that is staring us in the face right now.

It's kind of like getting rich. There are many ways to do it. Most, have to save and invest over a long period of time. They have to sacrifice. Similar to what a fan would go through in a losing season to get Luck.

Getting a Tom Brady in the sixth round is like winning the lottery. Sure, some win the lottery, but no one would advocate that as sound financial planning.

Why bring up Tom Brady? No one is talking about waiting til the 6th round to draft a QB.

TEX
10-07-2011, 07:44 AM
To be fair they traded for a QB from Stanford.

I know. That's why I said they "Somehow get another QB from Stanford". I was hinting that the same thing could happen...

CanadaKC
10-09-2011, 11:58 AM
seattle winning...minnesota winning....indy winning...

lcarus
10-09-2011, 12:06 PM
seattle winning...minnesota winning....indy winning...

Lookin good lol

RealSNR
10-09-2011, 12:21 PM

The Cleveland Cavaliers tanked a season for LeBron. How many championships did they win with him? 0. Where are they now?

**** tanking a season for the #1 pick.It appears the Chiefs are making that decision for you. We ARE tanking the season whether you like it or not.

So quit being a big gay baby, accept this team's suck, and welcome Andrew Luck with open arms.

lcarus
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM

**** tanking a season for the #1 pick.

How much closer did Lebron bring them to a championship than without him? Wouldn't you say they had several good chances to win a championship with Lebron? Look at them before and after Lebron...

jd1020
10-09-2011, 12:27 PM
How much closer did Lebron bring them to a championship than without him? Wouldn't you say they had several good chances to win a championship with Lebron? Look at them before and after Lebron...

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Bewbies
10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
It appears the Chiefs are making that decision for you. We ARE tanking the season whether you like it or not.

So quit being a big gay baby, accept this team's suck, and welcome Andrew Luck with open arms.

It's dumbfounding that people think we're not going to suck regardless.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 01:15 PM
TJack knocked out of the game...

Uh-oh.