PDA

View Full Version : Life Baby kidnapped from home in KC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Iowanian
10-05-2011, 02:30 PM
How is this not a topic of discussion on a KC message board?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/307084_292460947431309_160388477305224_1275551_763757849_n.jpg

Iowanian
10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/05/us-crime-baby-kidnapping-idUSTRE7940JI20111005

KANSAS CITY, Mo | Tue Oct 4, 2011 10:47pm EDT
(Reuters) - Police searched for a 10-month old girl feared abducted from her bedroom in Kansas City on Tuesday but canceled an Amber Alert issued earlier in the day.

Lisa Irwin was discovered missing from her crib in her bedroom at 4 a.m. on Tuesday, triggering the alert and an intense foot search in wooded areas near her home involving 100 local and state law officers and the FBI.

Police said it appeared someone had entered and left through a bedroom window and evidence suggested an abduction.

"We are pulling out all the stops and doing all we can do find Lisa," said Sgt. Stacey Graves, a police spokeswoman. "We have not been able to make any kind of family connection."

In a later statement, Kansas City police said that while the search would continue throughout the night, the Amber Alert was "no longer necessary", adding that such an alert was designed to raise awareness early in an investigation.

Lisa had been living with her parents, who were part of the search for her, Graves said. Other relatives have been interviewed by authorities.

Police have spread the word about Lisa's disappearance through the media and on electronic bill boards above major highways in the area.

Lisa is described as having blue eyes and blond hair and was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it. Police are asking that anyone with information call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

The Franchise
10-05-2011, 02:35 PM
That's fucked. I can't imagine coming into one of my daughter's rooms at 4 am and finding her gone.

crazycoffey
10-05-2011, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Iowanian;7970009]How is this not a topic of discussion on a KC message board?

Beer me doesn't like to post info about his daughter? :shrug:

jspchief
10-05-2011, 02:36 PM
knots in my stomach reading that

notorious
10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
JFC

crazycoffey
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
seriously though - whats craziest about this story is the lack of motivation and leads. It's so random.

I heard when they canceled the Amber alert last night, one neighbor reported seeing someone walking on the street with a baby in only diapers. (which doesn't add to the last seen wearing discription)

Iowanian
10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm just surprised that it's been national news for an entire day+ and hasn't been mentioned here.

I travel and am gone on occasion and roll in during the middle of the night on occasion and usually pop in to check on the kids before I go to bed. I can't fathom the fear, anger, confusion and plethora of other feelings it would cause to realize a child was gone from the safety I promise them at home. It makes me feel physically ill to read stories like this one.

Dayze
10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't have kids, but if I did and this happened, I'd want to the be the one who found the suspect, and not the cops.

Iowanian
10-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't think a parent would be able to sleep until they knew where the child was.....and once found, I can't imagine the rage, even if the child was unharmed.

It will probably having me sit up with every pop, thump and sigh in the night for a while.

bsp4444
10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't have kids, but if I did and this happened, I'd want to the be the one who found the suspect, and not the cops.

People say this all the time, but chances are you are dealing with someone who will kill you. You really have little chance of "exacting your revenge".

WV
10-05-2011, 03:16 PM
People say this all the time, but chances are you are dealing with someone who will kill you. You really have little chance of "exacting your revenge".

Your probably right I would let the police do their job, but I would so be the guy who sneaks a gun in the courtroom to shoot the SOB if it turns out bad.

The Franchise
10-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Huh? You can't imagine the rage and adrenaline that would be going through me if I found the guy who murdered, raped or kidnapped one of my daughters.

Skyy God
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Blonde haired girls gotta be worth six figures on the open market, right? ;)

bsp4444
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
All I'm saying is the chance of you finding a person who would do this...unarmed...in plain sight so you could have your way...is highly unlikely. If you did find him, the odds are probably in his favor to take you out, and anger and rage only make you stupid.

Chiefnj2
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Because someone who abducts a young defenseless child is a tough guy? I think not.

Iowanian
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
All I'm saying is the chance of you finding a person who would do this...unarmed...in plain sight so you could have your way...is highly unlikely. If you did find him, the odds are probably in his favor to take you out, and anger and rage only make you stupid.

We're talking about reality in the story.

Honestly, I hope to never find out what I'm truly capable of doing to another human being in a event like you describe. I'd prefer my children remain safe and unharmed. Someone hurts one of my kids and I promise you barbarians would cringe. In real life, I doubt very many grieving or angry parents get a chance of as much as a good look across the room.

I feel pretty badly for the people in this situation. I can only hope it's someone who wanted a child, has remorse and returns her unharmed.

The Franchise
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Anger and rage means that he leaves without his head.....and I'm not joking.

Iowanian
10-05-2011, 03:31 PM

I think I can speak for all other fathers of blonde haired blue eyed little girls when I tell you to perform a painful marital act upon yourself.

wazu
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I travel and am gone on occasion and roll in during the middle of the night on occasion and usually pop in to check on the kids before I go to bed. I can't fathom the fear, anger, confusion and plethora of other feelings it would cause to realize a child was gone from the safety I promise them at home. It makes me feel physically ill to read stories like this one.

I hear ya. When mine were little I had this completely irrational fear of somebody breaking in and stealing them in the night. Maybe cause that's the only time that none of us were awake and making sure that nobody did. Horrible to read about this.

Rasputin
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Just yesterday a man beat a 15month child to death here in Salina. The cops cought him at 4am this morning and booked him. I would have just shot the mother fucker.

suds79
10-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Just yesterday a man beat a 15month child to death here in Salina. The cops cought him at 4am this morning and booked him. I would have just shot the mother ****er.

In each knee first before finishing him off after about 10 mins right? :P

Glad to hear it was all a misunderstanding from post #1. As a father for a 14th month old girl, I felt a little sick in my stomach just reading that headline.

crazycoffey
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Not trying to go internet tuff guy, but if the odds aren't in my favor to take out one guy, one on one....

do you pay taxes?

crazycoffey
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Just yesterday a man beat a 15month child to death here in Salina. The cops cought him at 4am this morning and booked him. I would have just shot the mother fucker.

too many kids with video cameras out there to do that shit anymore....

Radar Chief
10-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Why are you assuming I, or any other father, would go baby kidnapper hunting with an empty hand?

notorious
10-05-2011, 04:17 PM

So, what makes that different then the parent finding the kidnapper?

I would kill a person for kidnapping my child. I don't want my family living in fear when the piece of shit gets out of jail. The same goes for anyone breaking into my house.

Dante84
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM
In my house (when I have one), my children (if I have them) will have very secure windows when they are young.

If not, I may even have lockable bars installed, with a key right next to the window in case of a fire/emergency in which a window escape would be necessary.

O.city
10-05-2011, 05:19 PM
This is very scary, it happened about half a mile from my house. The news trucks are all swarmed on my exit on 210.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Huh? You can't imagine the rage and adrenaline that would be going through me if I found the guy who murdered, raped or kidnapped one of my daughters.

Lighten up tough guy...

Ming the Merciless
10-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Beer me doesn't like to post info about his NEW daughter? :shrug:

FYP

ChiefFripp
10-05-2011, 07:33 PM

douchebag

trndobrd
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Just yesterday a man beat a 15month child to death here in Salina. The cops cought him at 4am this morning and booked him. I would have just shot the mother ****er.

And let the guy miss out on 15 years in general population as a known child killer. No way.

MattCassel
10-06-2011, 01:05 AM
I will find this baby with my Cassel senses.

Earthling
10-06-2011, 01:08 AM
It mentions that she had been living with her parents. That seems like a weird thing to say in the article. Don't most infants live with their parents..?

crazycoffey
10-06-2011, 02:18 AM
It mentions that she had been living with her parents. That seems like a weird thing to say in the article. Don't most infants live with their parents..?

I think that was to clarify she lived with BOTH parents, as to avoid the majority of the public's opinion it was an estranged parent that took her in the middle of the night.

oldandslow
10-06-2011, 05:40 AM
I don't think a parent would be able to sleep until they knew where the child was.....and once found, I can't imagine the rage, even if the child was unharmed.

It will probably having me sit up with every pop, thump and sigh in the night for a while.

Iowanian and I don't see eye to eye very often, but this is absolute truth. Hell, I am over 60 but my shotgun is much younger and it rarely misses.

RockChalk
10-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I got money on the parents being involved somehow. It's not exactly common for 10 month old babies to up and disappear in the middle of the night. I know it sucks for the parents, but they are suspects #1 and #2 for me at the moment.

ReynardMuldrake
10-06-2011, 07:55 AM
I got money on the parents being involved somehow. It's not exactly common for 10 month old babies to up and disappear in the middle of the night. I know it sucks for the parents, but they are suspects #1 and #2 for me at the moment.

Maybe one of the exes from one of their previous marriages?

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 07:57 AM
I saw an interview with the parents this morning. Sometimes you watch one of those and see false tears and something doesn't sound right, but I believe these people.

Has the local news given any tips or hints at what they think happened? what I saw sounds like some asshole slipped in through a window, took their baby and 3 cell phones. Odd.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2011, 07:58 AM

Yea, its kind of odd. I didnt read anywhere where it said how the intruder entered? Was the door locked? and if so, wouldnt you hear someone break in?

The story this morning mentions the intruder stole their cell phones so they couldnt dial 911.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Yea, its kind of odd. I didnt read anywhere where it said how the intruder entered? Was the door locked? and if so, wouldnt you hear someone break in?

The story this morning mentions the intruder stole their cell phones so they couldnt dial 911.

They entered thru the babys window.

RockChalk
10-06-2011, 08:05 AM
The cell phone thing is just strange. So at 4am, someone entered the child's room through a window, grabbed 3 cell phones, and left without anyone noticing? Don't most people sleep with their cell phones close by? Story just seems fishy to me...

It's the sad reality of this world that I automatically distrust the parents. But I feel like 9 out of 10 times, the parents end up having something to do with a child's disappearance like this one. I hope I'm wrong.

Coogs
10-06-2011, 08:05 AM

I hate to say this, but for the moment I agree. And if it not the parents, it has to be someone with knowledge of a lot of things at the house... including knowing a 10 month old lived there.

Lzen
10-06-2011, 08:18 AM
The cell phone thing is just strange. So at 4am, someone entered the child's room through a window, grabbed 3 cell phones, and left without anyone noticing? Don't most people sleep with their cell phones close by? Story just seems fishy to me...

It's the sad reality of this world that I automatically distrust the parents. But I feel like 9 out of 10 times, the parents end up having something to do with a child's disappearance like this one. I hope I'm wrong.

I understand what you're saying, but...

Police say the parents are not suspects in Lisa's disappearance.
http://ap.cjonline.com/pstories/us/20111006/896040150.shtml

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Someone could get our cell phones in 1 swoop, as they charge overnight downstairs on the same counter.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
It also seems odd that someone could climb out of a window with a 10 month old without it waking up crying.

If not the parents, it had to have been someone close to the fam.

rad
10-06-2011, 08:23 AM
In each knee first before finishing him off after about 10 mins right? :P

Glad to hear it was all a misunderstanding from post #1. As a father for a 14th month old girl, I felt a little sick in my stomach just reading that headline.

?

tooge
10-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Aren't there two 10 year old boys living there too? Could one of them be a psyco kid?

ReynardMuldrake
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Aren't there two 10 year old boys living there too? Could one of them be a psyco kid?

Where would a 10 year old hide a baby that the parents or the police wouldn't find/hear?

Fish
10-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Why did they feel it necessary to put her height and weight on there? I mean, are the 30lbs., 2'6" numbers really going to help? How much could that possibly help?

"Honey, that suspicious guy over there has a blond haired, blue eyed baby... ohh wait, that baby has to be at least 33lbs. Nevermind."

Lzen
10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
?

I got the impression that he thought it was all over since they cancelled the amber alert.

frankotank
10-06-2011, 08:39 AM
I've always had a dog. Always a big one. I'm sure they didn't have one or the dog would have alerted them to foul play. Dog = good. Doesn't have to be big, but the bigger ones are cooler imo. Also, truly unfortunate that a ground floor window was left unlocked. All in all the whole story does sound a tad fishy, but stranger things have certainly happened.

Skyy God
10-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I think I can speak for all other fathers of blonde haired blue eyed little girls when I tell you to perform a painful marital act upon yourself.

Hey, sorry to interrupt your Taken/Ransom revenge fantasies with a bit of gallows humor.

Hopefully the kid is returned safely.

cookster50
10-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I've always had a dog. Always a big one. I'm sure they didn't have one or the dog would have alerted them to foul play. Dog = good. Doesn't have to be big, but the bigger ones are cooler imo. Also, truly unfortunate that a ground floor window was left unlocked. All in all the whole story does sound a tad fishy, but stranger things have certainly happened.

In case you aren't in the KC area, the weather here has been great to leave windows open at night.

jidar
10-06-2011, 08:54 AM
All I'm saying is the chance of you finding a person who would do this...unarmed...in plain sight so you could have your way...is highly unlikely. If you did find him, the odds are probably in his favor to take you out, and anger and rage only make you stupider.

ftfy

cookster50
10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey, sorry to interrupt your Taken/Ransom revenge fantasies with a bit of gallows humor. I'll try and take your sandy vag into account next time.

Everyone has a subject that they don't want to joke about, if this was a story about some person losing a foot while hopping on a train, most people would be all over it making jokes. But this is a story about a little baby taken in the middle of the night, any parent alive gets the cold sweats just thinking about that situation happening to them, so for a large part of the world, not a joking manner.

Skyy God
10-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Everyone has a subject that they don't want to joke about, if this was a story about some person losing a foot while hopping on a train, most people would be all over it making jokes. But this is a story about a little baby taken in the middle of the night, any parent alive gets the cold sweats just thinking about that situation happening to them, so for a large part of the world, not a joking manner.

Fair enough. Shovel officially laid down.

cookster50
10-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Fair enough. Shovel officially laid down.

Of course, everyone is entitled to do/say whatever they want. Don't let the bride of Iowa stop ya ;)

cookster50
10-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Dang, don't watch the interview from this morning, darn allergies.....

MIAdragon
10-06-2011, 09:39 AM
I dont understand why the canceled the amber alert so quickly??

Earthling
10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I dont understand why the canceled the amber alert so quickly??

I thought that was strange too.

Demonpenz
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Amber alerts just make Kidnappers never bring the baby out in public

Dayze
10-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I think they canceled the alert early becuase it was only intended as a tool to use at the very early stages of the abduction etc. Or, something to that effect etc. I remember hearing something on the news about why it was canceled so early etc

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey, sorry to interrupt your Taken/Ransom revenge fantasies with a bit of gallows humor.

Hopefully the kid is returned safely.

I don't see that is what I've done in this thread at all. I've participated in discussion about this incident and how badly it would suck for the parents.

You can feel free to stuff yourself with a roll of rusty barbed wire though.

Rasputin
10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
And let the guy miss out on 15 years in general population as a known child killer. No way.

Nope, going disagree. He doesn't deserve the air we breath. The quicker he can spend eternity in HELL the better. He can join Hitler in shoving a pineapple up his ass.

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The parents of a missing 10-month-old Kansas City girl made a tearful plea for the child's safe return Wednesday, nearly two days after she disappeared, begging her abductor to drop her off someplace safe.

Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, speaking to the media for the first time since their daughter Lisa went missing, asked the public to call police with even the smallest piece of information. The child was last seen in her crib Monday night, and police have no solid leads in the case.

"Please drop her off anywhere," Jeremy Irwin said calmly during a brief news conference at a makeshift police command center about a half-mile from their home. "We don't care. Somewhere safe so she can come home."

Clutching a purple Barney doll that presumably belonged to her daughter, Bradley tearfully begged for the child's return, saying: "We just want our baby back." The couple promised they'd ask no questions.

The parents aren't suspects in the case, police said.

Capt. Steve Young said investigators have no new leads despite repeated searches of nearby woods and homes — and the frustration was evident.

"Everything we've thought of doing we've probably done two or three times," he said. "Over 300 law enforcement officers have been involved. They've walked a wooded area three times in shoulder-to-shoulder searches, taken dogs in three times — different dogs each time — and none of those led us anywhere."

He said investigators also have done 300 consensual knock-and-talks, in which officers knocked on doors and asked if they could search the homes. Young said dozens of tips have come in, but many have produced nothing.

Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp said a report that a neighbor saw a man in the neighborhood carrying a baby overnight Tuesday "went nowhere."

The child was last seen around 10:30 p.m. Monday when her mother checked on her in her crib. Her father discovered her missing about five hours later, when he got home from a late-night shift at work.

Police have said they are investigating the possibility that someone entered the home through a front window and snatched the baby, but they have not pointed to any sign of forced entry.

Earlier Wednesday, FBI agents clad in white, plastic suits used search dogs as they went into the family's home, a light-green ranch-style home in a cozy neighborhood along a winding street. Young said the suits were to hide the agents' scent from the dogs so they could get original scents of the girl.

An FBI spokeswoman acknowledged the agency was committing significant resources to the search, but declined to discuss any details of the investigation.

Young said investigators interviewed the girl's parents until about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, but did not take them into custody.

"They were cooperative, but at this point we have next to nothing to go on," he said.

Police said Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs around 28 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with pictures of white kittens.

Several police cars were parked along the quiet tree-lined street Wednesday where the family's home is located, an American flag flying in their front yard. Media trucks also were stationed nearby as children returned from school.

About a half dozen law enforcement officers appeared to be canvassing neighbors next door and across the street, coming in and out of their homes and congregating in their front yards. Police also scoured roads, a nearby apartment complex and a wooded area on at least four all-terrain vehicles.

Thelma Beagley, 77, a neighbor, stood in her driveway as detectives searched the family's one-story home. Police also cordoned off neighboring homes with yellow caution tape.

Beagley, whose driveway was covered with children's chalk drawings, said she would periodically see Lisa and her mother out in the yard with another neighbor who also has young children.

"Every so often they would bring little Lisa over so I could see her," Beagley said. "She was just a typical little baby. Kind of bubbly."

Beagley said the child's mother and father seemed to be wonderful parents.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was doing all it could to assist, said center president Ernie Allen.

Allen was cautiously hopeful that Lisa would be found, saying that of the 278 infant abductions nationwide over the past 28 years, only 12 of those children didn't come home safely.

An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday morning but called off after 12 hours. Police said it was a formality because the alerts are designed to raise awareness early in an investigation.

tooge
10-06-2011, 10:55 AM
agreed, but everyone in the community should get to shove a pineapple up his ass first.

tooge
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm guessing the perp is someone that either knows the family or has cased them out. Mom checks baby at 10ish, dad gets home about 5ish. Bastard figured there are a few oportunities in that time frame. This is why everyone should have a dog, and everyone should have a gun.

Otter
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I saw an interview with the parents this morning. Sometimes you watch one of those and see false tears and something doesn't sound right, but I believe these people.

Has the local news given any tips or hints at what they think happened? what I saw sounds like some asshole slipped in through a window, took their baby and 3 cell phones. Odd.

If any of those cell phones are powered on there's no reason the service provider couldn't track its (the cell phone) position down to within a 1/4 mile radius or so.

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 11:03 AM
They should probably look at her facebook.

Does she have a bazillion pics of the kid, is her account just to friends, friends of friends or open for the world to see. In that case, maybe look back and see if they could run down an IP of someone who spent signficant time looking at pics of her kids.....never know.

If they have other kids in the home, it almost would have to be someone they know, an acquaintance of someone they know, or someone they're around with that baby.

Alot of times, aren't these crimes committed by a woman who has recently lost a baby or had a miscarriage?

Some hobo doesn't walk down a neighborhood street, randomly pick a window and take a baby.

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 11:03 AM
If any of those cell phones are powered on there's no reason the service provider couldn't track its (the cell phone) position down to within a 1/4 mile radius or so.

I was thinking about that.....hopefully they've got something like "Find my droid".

some of those programs allow the gps to be turned on remotely, even if the phone is turned off and will show you a dot on google maps approximately where the phone is located.

I can't imagine 300 KC law enforcement people wouldn't have already thought of those kind of things though.

tooge
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
The cell phone thing is a dead givaway. There is something on the cell phones the perp doesn't want anyone to see obviously. Therefore, either there was communication with the parent by one of these phones, or there are pics on the phone of the perp. I'm certain the parents have met the person that took the baby

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Does she have a bazillion pics of the kid, is her account just to friends, friends of friends or open for the world to see. In that case, maybe look back and see if they could run down an IP of someone who spent signficant time looking at pics of her kids.....never know.

Good point. This clearly isn't a random abduction. There has to be a trail somewhere.

Lzen
10-06-2011, 11:18 AM

I'm sure that was the first thing they tried.

The Franchise
10-06-2011, 11:20 AM
This is why everyone should have a dog, and everyone should have a gun.

I've got the most annoying fucking dog. Barks anytime there is a doorbell or a knock at the door.....but that fucking thing would be a lifesaver in this situation. My dog would have went apeshit if someone opened my daughters window.

Radar Chief
10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I've got the most annoying ****ing dog. Barks anytime there is a doorbell or a knock at the door.....but that ****ing thing would be a lifesaver in this situation. My dog would have went apeshit if someone opened my daughters window.

My Catahoula is actually pretty quiet, she doesn’t have much to say unless there’s something to talk about so if I hear any noise out of her there’s something going on. Usually it’s just a treed opossum or a cat rummaging through the trash but I do know when they’re there.

Dayze
10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
my dogs would go beserk; especially my lab. She went crazy one night when - in the middle of the night - my backpack that I take to work, fell off the chair in the living room. she starting going nuts; I went out to investigate, and she did a entire search of the place; growling and whoofing under her breath etc.

dogs rule

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I've got the most annoying ****ing dog. Barks anytime there is a doorbell or a knock at the door.....but that ****ing thing would be a lifesaver in this situation. My dog would have went apeshit if someone opened my daughters window.

Same here. My Dog is my alarm system. My dog goes off as soon as a car enters the driveway.

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't know. This seems really odd to me too.

The parents have different last names. According to the mom there is a 5 hour period where someone could have done it. Usually someone doesn't break into a house to rob, and instead decides to abduct and take care of a sleeping baby. They had to know what they where getting before that, and that dad would be at work.

No one else in the whole house hears anything? Most babies cry when awoken in the middle of the night, esp if taken outside thru a window. Did they supposedly walk away with baby, or drive off? No one heard a car?

Then the perp decides to look through the house for cell phones? Whose was the 2nd and 3rd cell phones for? I would assume Dad had his with him. I would also assume most people don't charge their phones together in one place especially in a babies room. Most I would think would be on nightstand next to bed.

Also this:

"Please drop her off anywhere," Jeremy Irwin said calmly during a brief news conference..."

As most have already stated, calm is the last thing you would be with a missing baby somewhere you don't know, with someone you don't know.

Too many variables in the story. I hope everything turns out ok for that babies sake, but this story sounds fishy.

Fish
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
This is definitely sounding more bizarre as time goes on.

This quote doesn't exactly sound confident coming from the investigator....

Young said investigators interviewed the girl's parents until about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, but did not take them into custody.

"They were cooperative, but at this point we have next to nothing to go on," he said.

And the "Drop her off anywhere." line does seem out of place. But who knows what would go through someone's head had they actually had their child kidnapped...

Demonpenz
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm just glad they rulled out Dingo's

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Wonder if his work record checks out? If their was a fight between parents before abduction?

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
And the "Drop her off anywhere." line does seem out of place. But who knows what would go through someone's head had they actually had their child kidnapped...

I disagree.

If I were the parent, I could give a shit about the Perp, I would just want my Child back. The parent is pleading, saying that they're not asking that you turn yourself in, just give us our Child.

Their line of thought is the same as what mine would be. All i want is my kid and that's all that matters right now. Drop her off and run for Mexico for all I care, just give me back my child.

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
"Please drop her off anywhere," Jeremy Irwin said calmly during a brief news conference..."

As most have already stated, calm is the last thing you would be with a missing baby somewhere you don't know, with someone you don't know.

Too many variables in the story. I hope everything turns out ok for that babies sake, but this story sounds fishy.

I saw the interview this morning.

I wouldn't have described his demeanor as calm, I would describe it as "trying to hold your shit together on national tv and not cracking causing your wife to freak out"

They followed up the "drop her off anywhere" with a list of places like churches, fire station, police station, hospital...."

it's pretty easy to get scatterbrained under extreme stress. Hell, try balancing the checkbook with 3 kids crying or playing or arguing....let alone not make any mis-steps in word choices during an interview when you've probably not slept for 3 days.

I don't know that these people are innocent, but assuming they are, I feel terrible for them.

blaise
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Regarding a post above:
A baby may not cry if awoken in the night. They might, but my kids could be asleep and if I picked them up gently and held them right they would stay sleeping, even if I walked around the house with them.

cookster50
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
And I'm pretty sure the baby was conceived by both of them, so it isn't like one person is jealous that someone else's baby is living with them..

cookster50
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Regarding a post above:
A baby may not cry if awoken in the night. They might, but my kids could be asleep and if I picked them up gently and held them right they would stay sleeping, even if I walked around the house with them.

This, if you don't jerk them around, if they are fast asleep they aren't waking, and if they do stir, it usually isn't into full wakefulness.

ModSocks
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Regarding a post above:

Even if the baby did cry, you probably wouldn't wake up immediately. The few minutes it would take for you to wake up is enough time for the abductor to escape out the window.

cookster50
10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Daddy said the front door was unlocked, so I'm guessing the person just walked out the front door, not out the window. In window, out door.

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I have a kid not too much older than this one. It's the same as it was with the others.....

Kids fall asleep in the car all of the time, and you can easily take a baby out of a car seat, grab a couple of bags of diapers or groceries, pack the kid into the house, take off your coat and shoes while holding them, change their diaper, put on a sleeper and put them in bed, usually without waking them. Sometimes they open their eyes and consider waking up and then dose back off with a shhhhhhh.

Coogs
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I thought I heard a couple of days ago that a neighbor (man I think) saw someone walking down the street about 1:30 in the morning with a baby. That in itself is pretty odd. Yet there does not seem to be any follow up reporting on that sighting/info.

tomahawk kid
10-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I thought I heard a couple of days ago that a neighbor (man I think) saw someone walking down the street about 1:30 in the morning with a baby. That in itself is pretty odd. Yet there does not seem to be any follow up reporting on that sighting/info.

Supposedly, the cops have no solid leads from that report.

This whole ordeal is really bothering me, as I have small kids at home.

Just a very odd / scary situation.

KCUnited
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM

I haven't heard a specific neighborhood this occurred in, just KCMO. I live in KCMO and you see all kinds of things that should be unusual but aren't. Like the guy with one leg pushing an empty wheel chair down the middle of the Paseo. I've seen people walking with babies at all hours of the night.

tomahawk kid
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Yep - we had trained our dog to not "freak out" / bark when the doorbell rang etc.

As soon as we brought our oldest daughter home from the hospital, all that went out the window.

Now if someone pulls in the driveway, parks on the street, walks through the front yard (much less rings the doorbell), she's up barking and generally going nuts.

Hell, we've had her get between the kids and the front door in an "attack" position when the pizza man comes to the door.

Titty Meat
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Seems like an inside job

tomahawk kid
10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
I haven't heard a specific neighborhood this occurred in, just KCMO. I live in KCMO and you see all kinds of things that should be unusual but aren't. Like the guy with one leg pushing an empty wheel chair down the middle of the Paseo. I've seen people walking with babies at all hours of the night.

Sounds like its just north of NKC / "Northtown".

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
The Missouri parents of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin are growing more desperate while police combing the neighborhood and asking to search people's homes have no leads in what they describe as a rare but terrifying crime.

Speaking on "Good Morning America" this morning from outside their home in Kansas City, the girl's mother choked back tears and father Jeremy Irwin repeated their plea for anyone with information on their missing toddler to come forward.

Lisa's mother, Deborah Brandley, described to "GMA" exactly what happened the last time she saw her daughter:

"[She disappeared] between the time she went to bed and time I went to bed," she said through tears. "I gave her her bottle and put her to sleep, and that was the last when we last saw her."

Irwin, who lives with Deborah and her two other children from pervious relationships, described how he returned from work around 4 a.m.

"The windows were open and the lights were on, and she was no where to be found," he said. "We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Police Capt. Steve Young said there are no major leads in the case, while Kansas City police and FBI agents continued their investigation and search for the baby. More than 300 law officers have been using helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and door-to-door interviews in the search.

Speaking with ABC News, Lisa's grandmother, Melanie Irwin, pleaded for the girl's return. "Bring her back. We love her, everybody loves her," Irwin said. "She needs her family. She needs her family. They need her."

Lisa was last seen at 10:30 p.m. Monday asleep in her crib at her parents' home. When her father arrived home at 4 a.m. from an overnight shift as an electrician, he discovered that Lisa was missing. The parents immediately called police.

While police initially fixated on a window and screen in the bedroom that appeared to have been tampered with and might have been where a kidnapper entered and exited, they are not certain such was the case.

"We are interviewing family and friends just to eliminate everyone's that close to the family as suspects," Officer Darin Snapp said.

He described the family's neighborhood as a "middle-class, very quiet neighborhood."

Ernie Allen of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said that infant abduction cases are relatively rare. There have been 278 documented cases in which newborns or infants have been abducted since 1983.

Forty-six percent, or 128 cases, involved instances in which the children were taken from health care locations, hospitals, for instance. Forty percent, or 112 cases, involved children taken from homes. Of the total 278 cases, children were returned home safely in 266 instances.

"The typical profile of the abductor of an infant is a woman, usually an emotionally disturbed woman who has lost a child or wants a child for some reason," Allen told ABC News.

Brandley clutched a Barney stuffed doll Wednesday and pleaded for the life of her missing girl. "We just want our baby back," Lisa's mother said through sobs and tears while hugging the plush toy. "Please. Bring her home. Our two other boys are waiting for her."

"On Monday night or Tuesday morning, our daughter Lisa was taken from our home and we just urge anyone with any information as to where she is or who she's with to please call the tip hotline or the police," said Lisa's father Jeremy Irwin in a trembling voice. "Anything, even the smallest bit of information, could help lead to her return.

"Anybody that might have her, they can drop her off anyplace safe, fire station, hospital church, no questions asked," Irwin said.

Anyone with information on Lisa's disappearance should call the Kansas City Police Department hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

crazycoffey
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM

someone slipped into my dad's house in Belize, took a bunch of money and computers even out of dad's bedroom while he and his woman were sleeping. It's ballsy and unheralded but it is entirely possible for someone to sneak in an open window and not wake you up.

cabletech94
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
this story upset me.
i didn't think much about it until i saw the interview with the parents. man, i hope this turns out positive soon.

Inspector
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
If it were my kid and they ever caught the guy, I might be tempted to hire the best lawyer I could to ensure the perp never went to jail where he'd be protected behind those walls and barbed wire fence.

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I saw a video earlier that showed the child's bedroom was in the front of the house facing the street. I had just assumed it was in the back of the house with less visability.

Wonder why the mom says she was taken while she was still awake?

This story will bug me and drive me crazy until that little girl is safe with her family.

Iowanian
10-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I don't think that is what she meant.

Coogs
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Supposedly, the cops have no solid leads from that report.

Ok, thanks!

I've seen people walking with babies at all hours of the night.

I guess I am just too used to small town life. That would be pretty unusual where I live.

Chiefnj2
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I saw a video earlier that showed the child's bedroom was in the front of the house facing the street. I had just assumed it was in the back of the house with less visability.

Wonder why the mom says she was taken while she was still awake?

This story will bug me and drive me crazy until that little girl is safe with her family.

I think she probably misspoke and the article is piecing together parts of the conversation. She most likely wanted to say the child disappeared "between the time she and I went to bed and the time my husband came home."

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I am sure the police have interviewed the father of her other two children, I would think he would be a prime suspect as well.

RockChalk
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
105 posts in and nobody has suggested these two yet...

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/raisingarizona1987nicolascagehimcdun_imagelarge.jpg

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
On a positive note, they could produce a similar one in less than 2 years.

Demonpenz
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
On a positive note, they could produce a similar one in less than 2 years.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean, have alittle class dude. It's the fucking catalina wine mixer.

Radar Chief
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/raisingarizona1987nicolascagehimcdun_imagelarge.jpg

There’s what’s right and there’s what’s right and never the twain shall meet. /H.I.

Farzin
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Parents are no longer cooperating with detectives.

O.city
10-06-2011, 06:53 PM

Something sounds a little fishy about this now that that has happened.

Old Dog
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Something sounds a little fishy about this now that that has happened.

Yep, even moreso than it did before. I certainly hope a lot of us are thinking wrongly though. I'm obviously not the only one thinking the parents have something to do with it.

O.city
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
It's just a weird situation. I mean someone broke into their house and stole the cell phones....and a baby? What? It just seems that there is something going on there.

Titty Meat
10-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Told you it was an inside job. I could tell by how that father was reacting this morning.

HonestChieffan
10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Very Weird.

Bugeater
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Even if the baby did cry, you probably wouldn't wake up immediately. The few minutes it would take for you to wake up is enough time for the abductor to escape out the window.
You're making it sound way too effortless. Have you ever crawled through a window? If so, have you ever crawled through a window with a freaking baby in your hand? I haven't, but I'm guessing it's going to be fairly difficult, if not impossible, to do it swiftly and quietly.

Yeah, the story is absolutely bullshit.

FAX
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM

That sounds ominous.

FAX

Dayze
10-06-2011, 07:47 PM

"Welcome home, Son.........where's he been"? (inquisitive)

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 07:49 PM
"He came home to find an open window, an unlocked front door and lights turned on."

This was a strange story. Quite a few things that smell fishy. Reminds me of the Haley Cummings case in Florida. Very simular.

Dad's demeanor is very suspicous in this video:
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.kpho.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=615626;hostDomain=www.kpho.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;c lipId=6323800;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=Video%2520Player;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingP age=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script>

O.city
10-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Heard today from someone that the police are now suspecting the mother. The baby apparently had been sick lately and the thinking is the mother had enough of the crying.

Hope not true but who knows at this point.

10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
You're making it sound way too effortless. Have you ever crawled through a window? If so, have you ever crawled through a window with a freaking baby in your hand? I haven't, but I'm guessing it's going to be fairly difficult, if not impossible, to do it swiftly and quietly.

Yeah, the story is absolutely bullshit.

clear your PMs please

Lex Luthor
10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Heard today from someone that the police are now suspecting the mother. The baby apparently had been sick lately and the thinking is the mother had enough of the crying.

When I saw the mother crying on TV last night it made me think of that bitch Susan Smith (she drowned her two sons in her car and claimed that they had been kidnapped).

I hope that's not the case, because that means the other two kids in the family are fucked.

Brock
10-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I figured it was going to end up being something like this.

KcMizzou
10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I figured it was going to end up being something like this.Yep. How often do babies get snatched from their beds in the middle of the night? Had to know this wasn't going to end well.

Titty Meat
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Fox 4 just tried to interview them some relative said they aren't talking and have a deal with the national media? This is wacky shit.

Titty Meat
10-06-2011, 08:05 PM
The family went and got a lawyer. We know where this is going....

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 08:05 PM
clear your PMs please

That's kind of an eerie response. Do you have tips to PM him on how to accomplish this task?

ForeverChiefs58
10-06-2011, 08:06 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl are no longer cooperating with authorities, and their claims that whoever took their daughter stole their cellphones hasn't produce any leads, police said Thursday night.

Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, who said their daughter, Lisa, was snatched from her crib sometime Monday night or early Tuesday, had been cooperative since reporting her missing. But they changed course Thursday, Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young said.

"Tonight, they decided to stop talking to detectives, and I don't have to illustrate how that affects the investigation. That speaks for itself," he said.

He reiterated that investigators still have no suspects. A cousin of the baby's mother who has been acting as a spokesman for the family declined to comment to The Associated Press after Young's announcement Thursday evening.

During a tearful news conference Thursday morning, Irwin and Bradley had described how they frantically searched their home for any sign of their daughter after her father came home from work early Tuesday and she wasn't in her crib.

They said they found an open window, an unlocked front door and house lights blazing, and later discovered that their three cellphones were gone.

"They told us three cellphones were missing. It hasn't produced anything we can go forward with," Young said. "The investigation is directed and handled by hard information."

Investigators focused their search Thursday on a heavily wooded area, sewers and an industrial park. About 100 officers were scouring the industrial area and adjacent woods, while others were lifting drain covers and crawling inside.

But after the evening news conference, police spokesman Darin Snapp sent out a news release saying they believed they had done everything they could "regarding geographic searches" and were shutting down the command post about a mile from the home. Snapp said police "will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information."

Police did not return messages seeking additional comment Thursday night.

Earlier in the day, a relative said Lisa's parents have given police more than a dozen names as they try to think of potential suspects or people who paid especially close attention to the child.

"We're scraping for anything, anyone who was at the house, who looked at her strange. Anything," said Mike Lerette, a cousin of the baby's mother.

Irwin said he immediately knew something was wrong when he returned home from work about 4 a.m. Tuesday. He checked on their other children, 6-year-old and 8-year-old boys, then went to Lisa's room and discovered her gone.

"I said, `What do you mean she is not in her crib?'" said Bradley, who had checked on her daughter about five hours earlier. "I just knew, you know, that something was really wrong. We ran around the house and screaming for her, but she was nowhere."

Bradley said that's when they discovered the phones had been taken, guessing it was to delay them from calling police. As she hugged her crying sons, Bradley said, Irwin checked outside and eventually contacted police.

"All I can think of is that maybe somebody wanted a baby," she said.

Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs around 28 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with pictures of white kittens.

Authorities have used search dogs to go over the family's home and nearby woods, helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and door-to-door interviews with neighbors.

Police have said one possibility was that someone entered the home through a front window and snatched the baby, but they haven't pointed to any sign of forced entry.

Irwin said the abduction has been especially hard on Lisa's older brothers, who constantly ask if their sister has been found.

"We tell them, `Not yet, not yet,'" Irwin said. "It's the only thing we can think to tell them."

Valiant
10-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Fox 4 just tried to interview them some relative said they aren't talking and have a deal with the national media? This is wacky shit.

Yeah abcnews is saying they are refusing to cooperate with the police now..

edit.. they changed the title and wording..

Bugeater
10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
That's kind of an eerie response. Do you have tips to PM him on how to accomplish this task?
Yes, very good ones in fact. Would you like me to forward them to you?

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes, very good ones in fact. Would you like me to forward them to you?

Yes, please.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Casey Anthony Part II Oh joy!

Al Bundy
10-06-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.nbcactionnews.com//dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/aunt-of-missing-10-month-old-lisa-irwin-speaks-for-family-after-police-news-conference

Mojo Rising
10-06-2011, 09:01 PM
How did the Dad come home from work after the crime, but his cell was stolen during the crime? Wouldn't he of had his cell at work?

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:02 PM
How did the Dad come home from work after the crime, but his cell was stolen during the crime? Wouldn't he of had his cell at work?

Answer: His kid is dead, he or his wife killed it

Bugeater
10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
It was probably pesky little questions like that one that caused the family to stop cooperating.

SAUTO
10-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I dont take mine to work.

But my kids are at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcfanXIII
10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I dont take mine to work.

But my kids are at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

id say you are in the extreme minority here.

4th and Long
10-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Allegedly, they left them on the kitchen table because they were in the process of reprogramming them, or some such shit.

Mojo Rising
10-06-2011, 11:35 PM
The cell phones hold the answer. Many now have GPS. They would also record where and when they were turned off at the cell tower...and the cell carriers mainframe.

As a dad myself, I remember when I had a newborn and trust me, my wife would have made sure I had my cell at my side at all times. Newborn gets sick and who will watch the other kids. When do you ever re-program 3 phones at once?

On a side note to all who have gone totally wireless. Look what can happen. If they had a landline they could have called 911 more quickly. It's only $20/mo.

Earthling
10-07-2011, 05:07 AM
The whole cell phone issue is weird. How many minutes would it take to get to the neighbors to use a phone of theirs? 120 seconds maybe?? So the whole idea of thinking it would be a "stalling for time" thing doesn't add up.
Also, I can't imagine anyone who broke in to kidnap the baby would be thinking of ANYTHING other than getting out asap without the baby waking up. Who the hell would be turning on lights and looking for something else to nab since they were there already??
This is really starting to stink.

luv
10-07-2011, 07:10 AM
The whole cell phone issue is weird. How many minutes would it take to get to the neighbors to use a phone of theirs? 120 seconds maybe?? So the whole idea of thinking it would be a "stalling for time" thing doesn't add up.
Also, I can't imagine anyone who broke in to kidnap the baby would be thinking of ANYTHING other than getting out asap without the baby waking up. Who the hell would be turning on lights and looking for something else to nab since they were there already??
This is really starting to stink.

If the father didn't have anything to do with it, then the mother did. JMO

durtyrute
10-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Something is very strange about this whole thing.

luv
10-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Title of article is "KCPD Says Missing Baby's Parents No Longer Cooperating" but it doesn't really say how they're not. Weird.

(Kansas City, MO) -- Kansas City police say the parents of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin are no longer cooperating with investigators.

Capt. Steve Young said the parents had been cooperative with investigators until Thursday night but that changed.

"It doesn't help the investigation," he said.

Authorities have been searching for three days for the baby whose parents say was abducted from their Northland home. The search Thursday included heavily wooded areas, an industrial park and the sewers.

Dozens of officers searched the industrial park and adjacent woods in the area of Jackson Avenue and NE 34th Street Thursday morning. Some searchers were seen lifting sewer drain covers and looking inside.

Kansas City Water Department employees assisted in the search of manholes.

The parents of the missing baby, Lisa Irwin, answered questions from reporters Thursday morning about their daughter. This included making televised appearances on the national morning shows.

They said their cell phones were stolen but that nothing else appears to be missing from their home.

They also described the desperate few moments when they discovered that their daughter was missing from her crib inside their home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue.

They frantically searched their home but discovered only an open window, an unlocked front door and lights turned on.

"It is like they just walked in and just disappeared," Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, said.

Jeremy Irwin said he immediately knew something was wrong when he returned home from work early Tuesday.

Irwin said he came home from his overnight shift around 4 a.m. Tuesday. He noticed a first-floor window open in the front of the house. After checking on his sons, 6 and 8, he went to the bedroom of his daughter, Lisa, and noticed her missing. Bradley said she ran through the house screaming for her daughter but there was no answer.

Lisa's parents said they can't think of anyone who would abduct their child and that no one had shown an unusual interest in her before she was taken. Lisa's mother broke down as she said she could only think that someone snatched her child because they wanted a baby.

"She is everything. She is my little girl," Bradley said. "She means everything to our boys... We can't live without her."

Police conducted checkpoints in the neighborhood during the overnight hours Wednesday, hoping to catch possible witnesses up in the time frame when authorities believe Lisa was taken.

Police said they have followed up on nearly 50 leads between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

Crime scene technicians in white suits on Wednesday are combing the parents' Northland home and backyard for clues in an effort to find Lisa. Agents focused on a first-floor window through which the family believes the kidnapper entered the home.

Dogs are also being used in an effort to find the girl's scent. Officers on all-terrain vehicles searched a sandpit north of Highway 210 Wednesday afternoon.

A Kansas City patrol car is stationed outside Lisa's home around-the-clock.

Police issued an Amber Alert about 7:15 a.m., about three hours after her parents said they discovered her missing. The parents said the girl was snatched from her crib as she was sleeping.

Detectives met early Wednesday morning to determine the next step in the investigation. The couple's older sons are being watched by neighbors.

Young on Wednesday said the parents are assisting detectives.

"Nobody knows more about what's going on in that house than the parents do," Young said.

More than 300 residents who live in the area have consented to have their homes voluntarily searched, he said.

Authorities said the suspect entered through a bedroom window and snatched the baby from her bed as she was sleeping.

She was last seen on Monday around 10:30 p.m. when her mother put her to bed in a crib, police said. Her father is an electrician and he arrived home from an overnight shift about 4 a.m. He discovered Lisa missing and frantically called police.

According to police, it appears the suspect entered and exited through a bedroom window. Young said a first-floor window appeared to have been tampered with. Police waited more than three hours to issue the Amber Alert because they wanted to interview family members and ensure their stories checked out.

Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds.

Lisa was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.

Lisa is described as having two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2011, 07:18 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html

This story says the hubby started to get "testy" with all the questioning and the mom failed a lie detector test.

Coogs
10-07-2011, 07:19 AM

I was watching Fox4 this morning. They reported that the mother supposedly failed a polygraph test.

mlyonsd
10-07-2011, 07:23 AM
I was watching Fox4 this morning. They reported that the mother supposedly failed a polygraph test.The mother admitted she failed the test this morning on NBC.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Im sure "privately" investigators have suspected the parents all along, they just have no concrete evidence to say anything public about it.

Iowanian
10-07-2011, 07:30 AM
That's an interesting turn.

It wouldn't be too tough to find out if dad was at work during his shift, and I'd think a 6 and 8 year old kid would know if they had seen their sister at bed time.

Did she fail the test on questions about the child or "have you been cheating on your husband".

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 08:12 AM
That's an interesting turn.

It wouldn't be too tough to find out if dad was at work during his shift, and I'd think a 6 and 8 year old kid would know if they had seen their sister at bed time.

Did she fail the test on questions about the child or "have you been cheating on your husband".

Apparently, that night the dad worked overtime, it was the first time ever he had worked overtime.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2011, 08:36 AM
New AP story:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/state-and-regional/missouri/article_f4c0f209-2bad-5ef1-a490-55cc911f4809.html

The mother of a 10-month-old girl who went missing from their Kansas City home said police told her she failed a lie detector test and accused her of being involved in her baby's disappearance.

Deborah Bradley said Friday that police never showed her the results of the test.

Bradley denied knowing anything about what happened to her daughter, Lisa Irwin. Bradley and the baby's father, Jeremy Irwin, say Lisa was abducted from her crib late Monday or early Tuesday.

"They said I failed (a polygraph test)," Bradley, 25, told the Associated Press. "And I continued to say that's not possible because I don't know where she's at and I did not do this."

Irwin, 28, said he also offered to take a test but that police said that was not necessary.

Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young declined to comment Thursday on whether the parents have been tested, citing the ongoing investigation.

Bradley and Irwin held hands and teared up several times during the 20-minute interview. They reiterated that their main focus "is to bring Lisa home."

"We need her. We have to have her. She's our link that ties everybody together," Irwin said.

They said police have treated them like suspects and that Bradley in particular has been preparing for the possibility of charges being filed against her.

The mother said detectives told her: "'You did it. You did it. And we have nothing.'"

Irwin, an electrician, says he returned from work around 4 a.m. Tuesday and discovered Lisa was missing. Bradley says she last checked on the child around 10:30 p.m. and that when Lisa disappeared she was asleep in her bed with her 6-year-old son and a stray kitten they found earlier in the day.

The parents say they discovered their front door unlocked, a window open and house lights blazing, lending credence to the theory that the baby may have been snatched by an intruder.

"The main problem I think that we're facing is that everybody (else) has an alibi," Irwin said. "I was at work. I've been cleared. All these other people we were worried about ... the FBI said they've been cleared. The only one you can't clear is the mother that's at home when it happens `cause there's nobody else there."

On Thursday, police told reporters that Bradley and Irwin were no longer cooperating with authorities in their investigations, but the family later released a statement insisting they had never stopped.

The parents reasserted their commitment to the investigation Friday, saying they are not angry with how things have gone and that they understand police have a difficult job to do.

"Don't get me wrong. I understand why they did what they did," Bradley said. "You see stuff like this everywhere. You watch the TV, and there's some crazy person doing something insane. There's been too many times stuff has happened. They have to assume what's worst ... but it felt like it was taken really, really far."

Bradley said, "I'm still not angry."

The parents also said their three cellphones had been stolen, but Young said the missing phones had not produced any leads.

Investigators focused their search Thursday on a heavily wooded area, sewers and an industrial park. About 100 officers scoured the industrial area and adjacent woods, while others were lifting drain covers and crawling inside.

But by Thursday evening authorities announced they were shutting down the command post about a mile from the family home. Police spokesman Darin Snapp sent out a news release saying authorities believed they had done everything they could "regarding geographic searches."

Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs around 28 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with pictures of white kittens.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

luv
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Im sure "privately" investigators have suspected the parents all along, they just have no concrete evidence to say anything public about it.

I've suspected the mom having something to do with it since the beginning. Just too many weird things that would only make sense if she was involved. I think it would be harder to get evidence that way, too. Main thing would be why. They've got to find motive.

Demonpenz
10-07-2011, 08:49 AM
TBS has a made for tv move in the works
Mellisa Joan Hart as the Mom
Tim Mcgraw as the dad
Nick Van Excel as the baby

Dave Lane
10-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Yep babies don't get abducted at 4 in the morning from homes.

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Yep babies don't get abducted at 4 in the morning from homes.

Yep, that honor is reserved for 14 year old girls.

Dartgod
10-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Fucking submit reply button too close to the up button on the mobile sites.

Posted via Mobile Device

RockChalk
10-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice take :D

frankotank
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
In case you aren't in the KC area, the weather here has been great to leave windows open at night.

yeah I live here and I understand what you're saying. where I live (small town dead end road), and having a dog, I wouldn't worry about leaving that window open with my 10 month old sleeping in there. where I used to live...I don't think I'd have fealt comefortable leaving that window open.....

Dave Lane
10-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Yep, that honor is reserved for 14 year old girls.

Exactly, by their boyfriends.

Discuss Thrower
10-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Casey Anthony II: Electric Boogaloo...?

/hurr hurt mouth breathing humor

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Exactly, by their boyfriends.

Or some crazy Mormon drifter.

frankotank
10-07-2011, 10:46 AM
you know, when this first came out I thought the whole thing just seemed......odd and hard to believe.....the cell phone thing was just too weird. then I saw the interview with the mom crying and was like.....wow that poor poor lady. I was so sure it was real. if she does end up being involved (and at this point that seems highly likely) she should win an emmy or something...cause that would be one one hell of an acting job!

Pants
10-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I heard they have dogs. Is this true?

Lzen
10-07-2011, 11:01 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html

This story says the hubby started to get "testy" with all the questioning and the mom failed a lie detector test.

While on the surface this may sound fishy, I don't think I blame him. He said something about after 11 hours of questioning. I'd be getting testy, too.

frankotank
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
While on the surface this may sound fishy, I don't think I blame him. He said something about after 11 hours of questioning. I'd be getting testy, too.

yeah agreed. I'd be going out of my freaking mind. although recent events have piqued my suspicious side (more that it already was...), they still could be quite innocent. I've always wondered about the accuracy of lie detector tests. if I was taking one in this situation (and I'm innocent) I'd be very very very concerned about failing! because knowing that I am innocent and knowing that if I fail it makes me look guilty....could I wig myself out enough to fail when I'm telling the truth?? I'd think it's certainly within the realm of possibility and that is one hell of a scary thought!

Deberg_1990
10-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Friday morning, appearing on “Good Morning America” and the “Today” show, Lisa’s parents said they had been upset Thursday by how they were treated during long interrogations.

“From the start, when they’ve questioned me, once I couldn’t fill in gaps, it turned into ‘You did it, you did it,’ ” Bradley said. “They took a picture down from the table and said ‘Look at your baby!’ And ‘Do what’s right for her!’ I kept saying ‘I don’t know…’ I just sat there.

“I didn’t even ask to leave. I just let them keep asking questions.”

Irwin said he told authorities Thursday that he needed a break from their questions.

“I told them I had to have a break — no more questions today,” Irwin said. “I asked to be let go, and they let me go from (the) police station.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/07/3192902/mother-of-missing-northland-baby.html#ixzz1a7WZ0ory

Dayze
10-07-2011, 12:09 PM
no sure of MO laws on lie detectors; but lie detectors 'detect' lies as well as Matt Cassel leads game winning drives.

Radar Chief
Sounds like they’d better lawyer up, like, yesterday. The police have decided who’s guilty and now they’ll set about building a case around it.

Chiefnj2
Starting to remind me a bit of the Jon Benet Ramsey murder.

When no immediate suspect comes to mind the police start leaking tons of info about the family to the press and start a public trial.

Radar Chief
10-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Starting to remind me a bit of the Jon Benet Ramsey murder.

When no immediate suspect comes to mind the police start leaking tons of info about the family to the press and start a public trial.

Yup, exactly what I’m thinking.

Dayze
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
yup.

Chiefnj2
10-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Yup, exactly what I’m thinking.

Police source says the husband began getting "testy, and stopped cooperating."

Reality = after 11 hours of interrogation and being told "you did it, just confess" the husband asked to stop the questioning.

ReynardMuldrake
10-07-2011, 12:18 PM
yeah agreed. I'd be going out of my freaking mind. although recent events have piqued my suspicious side (more that it already was...), they still could be quite innocent. I've always wondered about the accuracy of lie detector tests. if I was taking one in this situation (and I'm innocent) I'd be very very very concerned about failing! because knowing that I am innocent and knowing that if I fail it makes me look guilty....could I wig myself out enough to fail when I'm telling the truth?? I'd think it's certainly within the realm of possibility and that is one hell of a scary thought!

I think they can tell the difference though between being nervous the whole time and reacting to a specific question. The latter would look a lot more suspicious. Generalized anxiety wouldn't tell them very much IMO.

ReynardMuldrake
10-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Sounds like they’d better lawyer up, like, yesterday. The police have decided who’s guilty and now they’ll set about building a case around it.

Seriously? If I had a child missing and in danger, I would want the police to grill everyone, myself included. Maybe I have relevant info without even knowing it. My reputation would be the last thing on my mind.

Lawyering up while your child is still missing sends a very bad message.

jjjayb
10-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Why the heck would you break into the house through the Front window? The one on the main street? I would assume most burglars break in through a back window.

Dayze
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I would never talk to the police w/out a lawyer in such a serious situation like that. Reputation has nothing to do with it - for me anyway - it's more a matter of protecting myself from over zealous LEOs/Prosecutors etc.

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
She should have just said they had a guy nanny - named Danny. Danny the nanny took her. Worked for Casey Anthony. If your jury lives under power lines, eats pain chips for snacks and lives in tampa it is completely reasonable.

frankotank
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Friday morning, appearing on “Good Morning America” and the “Today” show, Lisa’s parents said they had been upset Thursday by how they were treated during long interrogations.

“From the start, when they’ve questioned me, once I couldn’t fill in gaps, it turned into ‘You did it, you did it,’ ” Bradley said. “They took a picture down from the table and said ‘Look at your baby!’ And ‘Do what’s right for her!’ I kept saying ‘I don’t know…’ I just sat there.

“I didn’t even ask to leave. I just let them keep asking questions.”

Irwin said he told authorities Thursday that he needed a break from their questions.

“I told them I had to have a break — no more questions today,” Irwin said. “I asked to be let go, and they let me go from (the) police station.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/07/3192902/mother-of-missing-northland-baby.html#ixzz1a7WZ0ory

Wow! so lets assume they ARE innocent. after 11 hours of being told you did it, he understandably says I've had enough I need a break. one fucking hour later the police hold a press conference saying they are no longer cooperating. IF that is really the way that went down, and IF they come out of this innocent......somebodies head should roll over that bullshit. that's just a bald faced lie to make them look bad! what a load of crap. (several IF's in there though.....)

Titty Meat
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
She should have just said they had a guy nanny - named Danny. Danny the nanny took her. Worked for Casey Anthony. If your jury lives under power lines, eats pain chips for snacks and lives in tampa it is completely reasonable.

Casey Anthony was hawt and had swag. This chick is a fucking water buffalo nobody will care if she gets the chair.

Dayze
10-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow! so lets assume they ARE innocent. after 11 hours of being told you did it, he understandably says I've had enough I need a break. one ****ing hour later the police hold a press conference saying they are no longer cooperating. IF that is really the way that went down, and IF they come out of this innocent......somebodies head should roll over that bullshit. that's just a bald faced lie to make them look bad! what a load of crap. (several IF's in there though.....)

precisely why they should've lawyered up from the beginning.

blaise
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I see people tweeting that police are searching a landfill in JOCO relating to this somehow.

ReynardMuldrake
10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Dumpster Fire Leads Police To Search Landfill

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-police-search-landfill-police-scour-landfill-in-search-of-baby-lisa-20111007,0,5538504.story

FBI, Police Search Landfill In Missing Baby Case

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29419762/detail.html

FBI: Johnson County landfill search tied to Lisa Irwin case

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/Tip-Johnson-County-landfill-search-tied-to-Lisa-Irwin-case

Saulbadguy
10-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Dumpster Fire Leads Police To Search Landfill

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-police-search-landfill-police-scour-landfill-in-search-of-baby-lisa-20111007,0,5538504.story

:eek:

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo.—
An early morning dumpster fire on Tuesday led investigators to search a Johnson County landfill in the Lisa Irwin case. Friday's search was the second time investigators visited the landfill.

Police said someone reported a dumpster fire at an apartment complex at 4897 NE 37th Street at 2:27 a.m. on Tuesday, October 4. The dumpster is less than a half a mile away from the Irwin home.

Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was reported missing by her parents around 4 a.m. Tuesday.

Investigators examined the trash from the fire two times. On Friday they examined it again. Also on Friday, police returned to the Johnson County Deffenbaugh Industries' landfill for the second time.

After four days of searching, the investigation into baby Lisa's disappearance has taken several twists and turns. On Thursday, police announced in a hastily-called press conference that 10-month-old Lisa's parents stopped cooperating with investigators, a claim the family denies.

On Friday afternoon, Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young said they have not had contact with the parents since Thursday's announcement.

RetiredFBI Agent Jeff Lanza said the parents' definition of cooperation is probably different than police's.

"Police's definition of cooperation is to answer any questions that we post to you even if it focuses on you," Lanza said. "The couple's definition is, 'well, we'll cooperate, but not if it's focused on us."

Late Thursday evening, FOX 4 learned Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, made a 'deal' with national news networks and would no longer be talking with local media.

On Friday's Today Show, Deborah said police told her she failed a polygraph test. Bradley adamantly claimed that's impossible because she doesn't know where her daughter is.

Lanza said failing a polygraph test doesn't mean someone is guilty.

"If you've registered some deception, that's an indicator that you're not telling the truth," Lanza said. "However, it doesn't mean you're guilty. It's just an indication that you're deceptive about a particular question or questions on the polygraph exam."

In the four-day search for Lisa, police have scoured the woods near the Irwin home, rappelled down embankments, looked in drainage ditches and on Friday, investigators turned their attention to Deffenbaugh's landfill.

According to the parents, baby Lisa was taken from her crib in her Northland home in the 3600 block of North Lister sometime between the hours of 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. The baby's father called police around 4 a.m. Tuesday when he came home from work and discovered her missing.

Lisa is described as white, with blond hair and blue eyes, about 30 inches tall and weighing 26-30 pounds. Her family says that she has two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

The family says that she was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it

Dayze
10-07-2011, 01:49 PM
that part about the polygraph is BS (IMO). it doesn't measure 'deception', it registers changes in your body. and the results are basically subject to the interpretation of the 'administrator' of the test.

I would've told them to stick it, if they wanted to perform a polygraph test on me.

again, just my opinion.

Chiefnj2
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
What's the point of calling together a quick press conference to announce the parents aren't "cooperating"??

Dayze
10-07-2011, 01:58 PM
What's the point of calling together a quick press conference to announce the parents aren't "cooperating"??

I think others have made a good point that it might have been done to start the process of winning the court of public opinion.

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 01:58 PM
that part about the polygraph is BS (IMO). it doesn't measure 'deception', it registers changes in your body. and the results are basically subject to the interpretation of the 'administrator' of the test.

I would've told them to stick it, if they wanted to perform a polygraph test on me.

again, just my opinion.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. You know they usually they will look at the parents no matter what, I would tell them right away, give me a polygraph and rule me out so you can focus on catching the real bad guy.

I think it was Jennifer Klaus? who was murdered years ago, her dad did the same thing and they were able to spend more of their time looking for the guy and got him.

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I think others have made a good point that it might have been done to start the process of winning the court of public opinion.

I think it is done so the media can put a camera on them, ask them some tough questions, put more focus on them and see if they will crack. Especially since soon after they quite talking with police, they also announced they won't be talking with anymore media either.

Coogs
10-07-2011, 02:04 PM

I think it also coincided with the pulling of the search teams from the area of the home. The police were taking down the yellow tape, and pulling all of the officers out of that area... satisfied that they had searched that entire area enough times that they were not going to find the baby in said area.

I do not know if it was reported in this thread, but apparently yesterday about 150 police officers did a shoulder-to-shoulder search of a wooded area right behind the house, and the parents got into an arguement with the head of the search unit about why that search was necessary.

TheGuardian
10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I think it also coincided with the pulling of the search teams from the area of the home. The police were taking down the yellow tape, and pulling all of the officers out of that area... satisfied that they had searched that entire area enough times that they were not going to find the baby in said area.

I do not know if it was reported in this thread, but apparently yesterday about 150 police officers did a shoulder-to-shoulder search of a wooded area right behind the house, and the parents got into an arguement with the head of the search unit about why that search was necessary.

Ummmm wut?

Dayze
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Really? I was thinking the opposite. You know they usually they will look at the parents no matter what, I would tell them right away, give me a polygraph and rule me out so you can focus on catching the real bad guy.

I think it was Jennifer Klaus? who was murdered years ago, her dad did the same thing and they were able to spend more of their time looking for the guy and got him.

Yeah. I can see that side of it too for sure. I guess I'm just too worried that the administrator of the 'exam' would interpret something incorrectly etc, that might lead to a witch hunt / or them spending too much time focusing on me.

I think in MO, polygraphs can't be used as evidence, but they can be used to sort of compliment the investigation/focus the line of questioning etc. I 'think'...not 100%.

I'm probably just paranoid, but for the most part (IMO) talking with police is always a bad idea. even if you're innocent; you never know what can come of it. I'm not saying 'never talk to a cop ever'!...but if one were to be brought in for any sort of "interview"/interrogation (same thing), the less you say the better when you don't have a lawyer; regardless of if you think you're innocent.

Dayze
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I think it is done so the media can put a camera on them, ask them some tough questions, put more focus on them and see if they will crack. Especially since soon after they quite talking with police, they also announced they won't be talking with anymore media either.

good point.

Coogs
10-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Ummmm wut?

I didn't think I stuttered, so...ummmm wut... would you like me to clarify?

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I know that reports are coming out about the mother, but the dad just seems to have a "deer in the headlights" look to him, lack of emotion, that strikes me as beyond strange. Maybe they both are involved. A little too wierd also that he hadn't ever worked a bit of overtime until that particular night. Maybe the mom was responsible, but I think he knows something.

Mojo Rising
10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
I read in article this morning that a call came from the house at 2:30 am. They did not give any further info.

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
I read in article this morning that a call came from the house at 2:30 am. They did not give any further info.

:hmmm: what about the whole no phones thing?

Baby Lisa's Parents Get in Heated Discussion with Police

Tensions are running high in day three of the search for missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police and FBI agents returned to the home on Thursday where baby Lisa was feared abducted.

Investigators also descended on a wooded area about a mile away from the home to search for the third time, only this time investigators walked shoulder-to-shoulder in hopes of finding any evidence that might lead them to baby Lisa.

FOX 4's John Pepitone describes a heated conversation police had with the baby's parents at the wooded area where police were searching. According to witnesses, the parents, Jeremy Irwin and Debbie Bradley, were seen having an animated discussion with police before speeding off in their car.

Police told Pepitone they believe the parents' emotional exchange was in response to investigators returning to the woods to search for the third time.

Coogs
10-07-2011, 02:25 PM
:hmmm: what about the whole no phones thing?

Baby Lisa's Parents Get in Heated Discussion with Police

Tensions are running high in day three of the search for missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police and FBI agents returned to the home on Thursday where baby Lisa was feared abducted.

Investigators also descended on a wooded area about a mile away from the home to search for the third time, only this time investigators walked shoulder-to-shoulder in hopes of finding any evidence that might lead them to baby Lisa.

FOX 4's John Pepitone describes a heated conversation police had with the baby's parents at the wooded area where police were searching. According to witnesses, the parents, Jeremy Irwin and Debbie Bradley, were seen having an animated discussion with police before speeding off in their car.

Police told Pepitone they believe the parents' emotional exchange was in response to investigators returning to the woods to search for the third time.

:thumb: Thank you!

Chiefnj2
10-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't the husband have had his cell phone with him since he was returning from work? Why leave it home?

ReynardMuldrake
10-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I know that reports are coming out about the mother, but the dad just seems to have a "deer in the headlights" look to him, lack of emotion, that strikes me as beyond strange. Maybe they both are involved. A little too wierd also that he hadn't ever worked a bit of overtime until that particular night. Maybe the mom was responsible, but I think he knows something.

I have a suspicion that the mother maybe killed the kid accidentally and they both are trying to cover it up. She supposedly had a cold and was crying a lot before this all happened. :hmmm:

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Wouldn't the husband have had his cell phone with him since he was returning from work? Why leave it home?

I don't think it is likely a husband working until 4am with a sick infant at home would leave a cell phone at home.

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I feel sorry for the other two kids she had from other relationships which appear to both be from different dads since one is black and one is white.

TheGuardian
10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I didn't think I stuttered, so...ummmm wut... would you like me to clarify?

No I'm just baffled by that information. A very "WTF?" kind of thing.

Coogs
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM

:thumb:

Coogs
10-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Watching KCTV5 (local CBS) right now. Just said the FBI has returned to the home with metal detectors and is searching the back yards of the home and neighbors homes looking for something that may provide more information to help in the case.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I feel sorry for the other two kids she had from other relationships which appear to both be from different dads since one is black and one is white.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Titty Meat
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM

If they have other kids in the home, it almost would have to be someone they know, an acquaintance of someone they know, or someone they're around with that baby.

Alot of times, aren't these crimes committed by a woman who has recently lost a baby or had a miscarriage?

Some hobo doesn't walk down a neighborhood street, randomly pick a window and take a baby.

Nope.

Titty Meat
10-07-2011, 03:09 PM
BTW just spoke to my neighbor who works at Deffenbaugh. He said there were a few FBI agents out there the day after the baby was reported missing.

Chiefnj2
10-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Who breaks into a house and turns (and leaves) all the lights on??

allen_kcCard
10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Who breaks into a house and turns (and leaves) all the lights on??

Possibly, someone that just snatched a baby and is trying to get out without tripping all over crap?

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Well, it would all depend if both were guilty of course, which they may not be, but it doesn't look promising.

For one, both kids have already had to deal with seperation from their real seperate dads, now it looks like they may both be dealing with maybe losing their real mom, live in dad, sister and maybe eachother if they went to seperate homes.

Of course, they could be better off, but it makes me feel sorry for them none the less.

Chiefnj2
10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Possibly, someone that just snatched a baby and is trying to get out without tripping all over crap?

With a wide open window? Turn on the lights and risk waking someone/everyone?

allen_kcCard
10-07-2011, 04:02 PM
With a wide open window? Turn on the lights and risk waking someone/everyone?

I don't know where said window is at, so maybe. And, it would be pretty hard to get myself and a baby through a window. It is one thing to climb through with both hands, another to do it holding someone with at least one of them.

There are a lot of unknowns on what happened, a reason for turning on lights being one of them.

Not saying I don't think the parents are behind it, but trying to look at it from both sides.

Coogs
10-07-2011, 04:07 PM
NBC 41 just had a map of the inside of the home... and traced the path an intruder would have had to taken both thru the window or the door. Seems highly unlikely someone could have done this without being noticed.

Facing house... window is on front right, enter window into computer room, go three or four steps forward, turn left, go three or four steps through door to living room, turn right go 2 or 3 steps through door to hall by boys bedroom, turn left for step or two, turn right into babys room... which is between boys room and parents room all the way at the back center of the house. Very similar if through the front door... but just a straight shot back to the hall... which could be entered from both the right or left side.

Very small baby room right between bigger boys and parents room. Looks to me like anyone breaking in to steal baby would have had to have known exactly where they were going not to disturb anyone else in the house.

stevieray
10-07-2011, 05:33 PM

....not everyone has the same mental makeup...you'd have to be pretty strong to not get worked up and lose it. I'd be surpised if I could even talk to the media without going off...that said....

this is gut wrenching.

ForeverChiefs58
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
....not everyone has the same mental makeup...you'd have to be pretty strong to not get worked up and lose it. I'd be surpised if I could even talk to the media without going off...that said....

this is gut wrenching.

This is how I feel too. I think most dads of such a beautifull little girl would be a complete wreck too, I get teared up even thinking about something happening to my boys. And when the mother of that girl is infront of the cameras crying talking about her, he is just staring at her with just nothing. Also, I noticed when he was talking she abruptly interupted him, which almost seemed strange.

She also now says she left the front door unlocked, and says it is the first time she had ever done that. Why would someone break in a front window especially when the front door is unlocked? Not to mention turn on all the lights and steal cell phones that most of us would assume could leave a trace while everyone sleeps next door.

She says all 3 phones were on counter being reprogrammed? I guess I am just lucky, I have never had to do that to a phone before. Is this common for anyone else?

He is working nights with a sick infant at home but leaves his phone at home?
He had never worked a bit of overtime before but did that particular night. :hmmm: Did someone working nights and being kept awake during the day with a crying sick baby try and give himself an alibi and his wife plenty of time?

Grrrr I hope they gave the baby to a relative or something. Their whole story just seems fabricated. I hope she is somewhere safe.

dirk digler
10-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Definitely sounds like one of the parents did this but my guess is the wife

ForeverChiefs58
10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Sad

FBI, Police Search Landfill For Body

SHAWNEE, Kan. -- FBI agents, along with Kansas City police, searched a Johnson County, Kan., landfill Friday in connection with the case of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton said agents were conducting a secondary search at the landfill at Interstate 435 and Holliday Drive. Investigators were also there on Tuesday looking for evidence.

"About noon today, a team of federal agents came and they entered the landfill searching for a missing person. Yes, it has to do with Lisa Irwin," said Tom Coffman of Deffenbaugh.

FBI agents searched a 20-to- 30-acre section of the landfill, but came away with nothing. KMBC's Peggy Breit reported that the FBI told landfill executives that they were searching for a body.

Coffman said the trash agents searched came from the area of the Irwin home.
Lisa disappeared from her parents' home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29419762/detail.html#ixzz1aCWkOLor

Bugeater
10-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Ugh, that has to be a miserable job. I'm not sure what kind of luck they're going to have, some kid here in Omaha disappeared quite a few years ago and authorities spent days and days searching a landfill but never found him.

luv
10-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Could it be a cover up? Maybe she died, maybe at the hands of one of the parents, and they staged the entire "kidnapping."

SAUTO
10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Could it be a cover up? Maybe she died, maybe at the hands of one of the parents, and they staged the entire "kidnapping."

Have you read any of the comments in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
10-08-2011, 09:37 AM

You were born yesterday right?

luv
10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Have you read any of the comments in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not really.

SAUTO
10-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Not really.

Probably should next time.

It would make you seem smarter
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
10-08-2011, 09:46 AM

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcsembRjVu1qe6o2ao1_500.jpg

j/k with ya Luv, I just love using that pic

Hootie
10-08-2011, 09:47 AM
lol

KingPriest2
10-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Sad yes but this is not out of the norm

Sad

FBI, Police Search Landfill For Body

SHAWNEE, Kan. -- FBI agents, along with Kansas City police, searched a Johnson County, Kan., landfill Friday in connection with the case of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton said agents were conducting a secondary search at the landfill at Interstate 435 and Holliday Drive. Investigators were also there on Tuesday looking for evidence.

"About noon today, a team of federal agents came and they entered the landfill searching for a missing person. Yes, it has to do with Lisa Irwin," said Tom Coffman of Deffenbaugh.

FBI agents searched a 20-to- 30-acre section of the landfill, but came away with nothing. KMBC's Peggy Breit reported that the FBI told landfill executives that they were searching for a body.

Coffman said the trash agents searched came from the area of the Irwin home.
Lisa disappeared from her parents' home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29419762/detail.html#ixzz1aCWkOLor

luv
10-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Probably should next time.

It would make you seem smarter
Posted via Mobile Device

How so? I can't come to conclusions on my own and post them? My comment did not make me appear dumb. It just made me look like I wasn't paying attention, which I wasn't.

Hootie
10-08-2011, 09:50 AM
How so? I can't come to conclusions on my own and post them? My comment did not make me appear dumb. It just made me look like I wasn't paying attention, which I wasn't.

I came into the thread thinking it might be a Casey Anthony thing so I read the comments before I posted anything...

Just saying...

SAUTO
10-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Coming in and asking people's opinion when most in the thread have given it makes you look dumb.

Sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
10-08-2011, 09:55 AM

No worries Luv, the parents MIGHT still be innocent.

Of course Cassie Anthony MIGHT be innocent too, and monkeys MIGHT fly out my butt.

luv
10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow. My bad then. I didn't realize people got bent out of shape over such things, especially considering people do it all the time on here. I forgot to say, "I haven't read the thread, so sorry if this has been posted, but...."

Al Bundy
10-08-2011, 09:58 AM
No worries Luv, the parents MIGHT still be innocent.

Of course Cassie Anthony MIGHT be innocent too, and monkeys MIGHT fly out my butt.

Cassie Anthony?

ForeverChiefs58
10-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow.

Missing Baby Lisa: Teen Questioned as Police Look Into California Tip

Authorities are looking into two new leads today in the case of a missing 10-month-old Missouri baby.

Lisa Irwin has missing from her Kansas City home since Monday night.

On Friday, a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents was questioned by investigators and forensic experts took a DNA sample, a source told ABC News. That neighbor was apparently at the home the day Lisa vanished and also knew the access code to the family's garage.

However, police said they still have no suspects.

Investigators are also looking into reports from the west coast, where a couple was seen with a small child fitting Lisa's description, relative Mike Lerette told ABC affiliate KMBC-TV.

"They're pursuing surveillance tape on a couple with the baby in California," said Lerette.

FBI Special agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett said the first of those leads is a more feasible possibility than the second from California.

"I can tell you based on experience of working high profile abductions that you get leads from literally all over the world. Is that possible? Of course it's possible. Is it likely? I don't think so," Garrett said. "I think this situation is probably going to stay within the Kansas City area."

Earlier on Friday, the FBI and police searched through a landfill for a second time, but found nothing.

Agents armed with metal detectors were back at the home shared by Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley.

Police are not commenting but the leads could be the first real progress since Tuesday -- when Jeremy Irwin said he came home from working an overnight shift and found his daughter's crib empty, a window open and the family's three cell phones gone.

"The windows were open and lights were on and she was nowhere to be found," Irwin told "Good Morning America" Thursday. "We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Irwin said that his front door was unlocked when he returned home from work as an electrician at 4 a.m. to find his daughter missing.

crazycoffey
10-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I bet it's Casey Anthony revisited,
is it?

Old Dog
10-08-2011, 03:43 PM
damnit....I keep opening this thread hoping it's good news

Deberg_1990
10-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Not much new.....

Clay County grand jury issued subpoenas Monday to all the local network TV affiliates, requesting any raw footage of interviews with missing infant Lisa Irwin’s family, friends or neighbors

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10/3199501/clay-county-grand-jury-subpoenas.html#ixzz1aTckBDDe

BigCatDaddy
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
I heard this morning they are going to arrest the mom.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2011, 07:25 AM
I heard this morning they are going to arrest the mom.

With what evidence?

Stewie
10-11-2011, 07:27 AM
They aren't going to arrest the mom. The aunt said the mom thinks she's going to be arrested today, but the police department said that's nonsense.

BigCatDaddy
10-11-2011, 08:17 AM
They aren't going to arrest the mom. The aunt said the mom thinks she's going to be arrested today, but the police department said that's nonsense.

Gotcha. I must have heard it wrong on the radio this morning. Although I wouldn't take the police department for their word on that. I'm thinking their must be more evidence pointing towards her then the public is aware of as well.

Iowanian
10-11-2011, 09:11 AM
The mom is definitely acting flaky. Maybe it's just stress and she's half nuts anyway and prone to drama, maybe she has reason to believe she should be in trouble...She's the one that talked about the lie detector and now she's saying they are going to arrest her.

I wonder how much is the investigators insinuating things to try to get her to confess if she is guilty?

Deberg_1990
10-11-2011, 09:17 AM
An aunt of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin said on Good Morning America this morning that she believes police are about to arrest the girl’s mother.

Ashley Irwin said in the interview that Deborah Bradley’s arrest was inevitable.

“It is what the police do, they don’t have any leads so they have to pin it on somebody,” Irwin said.

Capt. Steve Young said told The Kansas City Star that the aunt’s claim “was absolutely not true.”

“We don’t feel any pressure to accuse any body,” Young said. “We are under pressure to do what we can to find a child.”

He added that he hasn’t heard anything about a pending arrest in the case. He said is a “bit of a stretch” and “speculation” by the family that an arrest was coming soon in the case.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/11/3200177/aunt-believes-mother-faces-arrest.html#ixzz1aUEfM9gQ

Dayze
10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
An aunt of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin said on Good Morning America this morning that she believes police are about to arrest the girl’s mother.

Ashley Irwin said in the interview that Deborah Bradley’s arrest was inevitable.

“It is what the police do, they don’t have any leads so they have to pin it on somebody,” Irwin said.

Capt. Steve Young said told The Kansas City Star that the aunt’s claim “was absolutely not true.”

“We don’t feel any pressure to accuse any body,” Young said. “We are under pressure to do what we can to find a child.”

He added that he hasn’t heard anything about a pending arrest in the case. He said is a “bit of a stretch” and “speculation” by the family that an arrest was coming soon in the case.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/11/3200177/aunt-believes-mother-faces-arrest.html#ixzz1aUEfM9gQ

whatever you say Officer.

Coogs
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/11/3200177/aunt-believes-mother-faces-arrest.html

Searching a well under a deck in the area now.

aturnis
10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I saw some hilarious footage of cops basically doing everything they could to make it look inconceivable that anyone could have come in through the window. One tried to climb up the brick and slipped and fell back to the ground. Then two others, one on all fours on the ground, and the other pretending to try to climb in the window. Fucking pathetic. Great detective work guys.

I just watched in disbelief of what I was seeing. I personally, could get my ass in that window no problem what so ever, and I have a terribly bad back at the moment. Fucking 'tards. Can't stand idiot cops.

notorious
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I saw some hilarious footage of cops basically doing everything they could to make it look inconceivable that anyone could have come in through the window. One tried to climb up the brick and slipped and fell back to the ground. Then two others, one on all fours on the ground, and the other pretending to try to climb in the window. ****ing pathetic. Great detective work guys.

I just watched in disbelief of what I was seeing. I personally, could get my ass in that window no problem what so ever, and I have a terribly bad back at the moment. ****ing 'tards. Can't stand idiot cops.

Why don't they just do their job straight forward without any bullshit?

Titty Meat
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
The mom is definitely acting flaky. Maybe it's just stress and she's half nuts anyway and prone to drama, maybe she has reason to believe she should be in trouble...She's the one that talked about the lie detector and now she's saying they are going to arrest her.

I wonder how much is the investigators insinuating things to try to get her to confess if she is guilty?

This isn't what you were saying a week ago.

Iowanian
10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
This isn't what you were saying a week ago.

You're right.
A week ago there wasn't a report this morning that the Mother may be arrested, nor was there a report by the mother suggesting she had failed a lie detector test.

now, since the above post, I see it was the aunt and the aunt has said that she didn't mean that and that she had not chosen her words carefully and what she meant was that when the police aren't making progress they tend to circle back to the family.

I still don't believe the mother or father had anything to do with it.

Lzen
10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
I still don't believe the mother or father had anything to do with it.

I don't know what to think of any of this. I still don't believe there is enough evidence (what has been made public) to say if the parents were involved or are innocent.