PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs on AFC Playbook

Hammock Parties
10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L0H2hfHYenc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
10-06-2011, 06:58 PM
They are giving way too much credit to Cassel, and not enough to the defense

Three7s
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I figured it'd be like this. I still say it's a toss up.

O.city
10-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Watching this video makes it look like Cassel throws the ball down the field alot. I think he did more in the Viks game that he has the last 3 games.

Easy 6
10-06-2011, 07:13 PM
That was a surprisingly entertaining, informative & upbeat piece from that collection of chuckleheads, except for Sterling calling our qb 'young'.

The game clips further impress upon me the feeling i've had for a while that, despite the age & creativness jokes about Muir, the guy has done a bangup job with this o-line... they've been solid in every phase, every game imo, particularly run blocking & Cassel has had plenty of time on most pass plays... lions d-line, vikes... doesnt matter, they've done well.

I still love Casey, his positional/walloff blocking on McClusters big run was beautiful, his feet & body were in position almost immediately.

L.A. Chieffan
10-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Cassel won this game, no doubt. You people are going to have to accept the fact that Cassel is a top 5 qb in the league right now and we're not going to draft a qb next season simply because we don't need to.

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Watching this video makes it look like Cassel throws the ball down the field alot. I think he did more in the Viks game that he has the last 3 games.
Because he got pissed and stopped playing scared

people around here hate to hear it but you have to consider how Haley's coaching effects Cassel's aggressiveness. Much the same way Marty used to preach at his QB's "don't make a mistake,don't make a mistake". All that does is give a QB the yips and leads to making mistakes.

Maybe Cassel is just freaked out by the money ... his skills are certainly limited. But Haley is still an unknown factor on the offense in general. So far during his time in KC the offense has been better without him.

Hell you can even make a case that during the Viking's game the offense got better as soon as Cassel stopped giving a fuck what Haley wanted.

Shogun
10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Cassel won this game, no doubt. You people are going to have to accept the fact that Cassel is a top 5 qb in the league right now and we're not going to draft a qb next season simply because we don't need to.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Mr. Laz
10-06-2011, 07:26 PM

woah there lil' fella ... not even i would suggest that and i've been all for giving Cassel a chance in KC. His mediocre vision and weak natural arm strength prevent from being considered that good.

I think given proper coaching that Cassel is a decent game-manger type guy.

We still need our QBoTF type guy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Cassel showed that he can do the job when he's motivated . The problem is he doesn't motivate himself , therefore he sucks!

kcxiv
10-06-2011, 07:35 PM
woah there lil' fella ... not even i would suggest that and i've been all for giving Cassel a chance in KC. His mediocre vision and weak natural arm strength prevent from being considered that good.

I think given proper coaching that Cassel is a decent game-manger type guy.

We still need our QBoTF type guy.

lol, Sarcasm, thats easy to read on that.

Anyways, what i liked is Tamba and his hand to the ground thing. I never really noticed that. I know he could get around the corner, but i never realized he did it with the hand to the ground.

BoneKrusher
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM

The Vikes pass defense was ranked 27th [i think] had a lot to do with that.

BoneKrusher
10-06-2011, 07:38 PM

Anyways, what i liked is Tamba and his hand to the ground thing. I never really noticed that. I know he could get around the corner, but i never realized he did it with the hand to the ground.

ya, that was cool, i hadn't noticed that either.

Three7s
10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
That was a surprisingly entertaining, informative & upbeat piece from that collection of chuckleheads, except for Sterling calling our qb 'young'.

The game clips further impress upon me the feeling i've had for a while that, despite the age & creativness jokes about Muir, the guy has done a bangup job with this o-line... they've been solid in every phase, every game imo, particularly run blocking & Cassel has had plenty of time on most pass plays... lions d-line, vikes... doesnt matter, they've done well.

I still love Casey, his positional/walloff blocking on McClusters big run was beautiful, his feet & body were in position almost immediately.
I'm not sure about the o-line. Richardson and Lilja have been terrible.

lcarus
10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah I've heard people in the dumbass media call our quarterback young several times. Just because he plays like an undrafted rookie doesn't mean he's young.

ThaVirus
10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Theisman said our longest run of this year was only 16 yards. I'm pretty sure Charles, McCluster and even Jones ran for at least one run of over 16 yards against the Lions didn't they?

Easy 6
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure about the o-line. Richardson and Lilja have been terrible.

I havent been able to watch every single play, but adding up what i've seen & all of the stats tells me that they are, Far, from the weakness many envisioned.

Just look at the lions game, everyone and myself were envisioning utter destruction & penetration on every play... instead, we were jamming it left, right & center on seemingly every play & it sure wasnt just Charles... everyone was busting loose early.

Ya gotta credit the wr's & back's of course, on any successful run play, but the line has been a rock solid B in my overall opinion.

milkman
10-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Because he got pissed and stopped playing scared

people around here hate to hear it but you have to consider how Haley's coaching effects Cassel's aggressiveness. Much the same way Marty used to preach at his QB's "don't make a mistake,don't make a mistake". All that does is give a QB the yips and leads to making mistakes.

Maybe Cassel is just freaked out by the money ... his skills are certainly limited. But Haley is still an unknown factor on the offense in general. So far during his time in KC the offense has been better without him.

Hell you can even make a case that during the Viking's game the offense got better as soon as Cassel stopped giving a **** what Haley wanted.

JFC, you're a fucking moron.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM

Look for the rules committee to outlaw that next season.

Lbedrock1
10-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Cassel showed that he can do the job when he's motivated . The problem is he doesn't motivate himself , therefore he sucks!

You should have pu that in bold print LOL ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2011, 09:01 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/LOL-HALEY-IS-A-COCK.jpg

royr17
10-06-2011, 09:01 PM

No Cassel did not win that game, Ryan Succop and the defense wont that game. You have to remember Succop accounted for 15 points and the defense did a great job of limiting the vikings offense.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-06-2011, 09:07 PM

ROFL

It should read...

"Fuck the coach killer, I got this bitch."

Hammock Parties
10-06-2011, 09:07 PM
filter evasion

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2011, 09:53 PM

LMAO

Okie_Apparition
10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
From Gannon to Cross to Derdorph to Gus Johnson. That about only leaves Sterling Sharpe to be part of the announce crew this week. It just gets suckier

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2011, 05:00 PM
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7066688&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

BossChief
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
holy shit

I think Bruschi has actually seen Cassel play, or Vrabel has filled him in.

jd1020
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Theisman said our longest run of this year was only 16 yards. I'm pretty sure Charles, McCluster and even Jones ran for at least one run of over 16 yards against the Lions didn't they?

McCluster has a long of 24.

Charles has a long of 24.

Jones has a long of 12.

Three7s
10-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Actually, I think Albert can handle Freeney. Mathis should be in the backfield all day.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Actually, I think Albert can handle Freeney. Mathis should be in the backfield all day.

Albert couldn't handle Freeney last year, and I doubt he can this year.

He's just not that kind of OT. He struggles with pure speed.

BigMeatballDave
10-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Albert couldn't handle Freeney last year, and I doubt he can this year.

He's just not that kind of OT. He struggles with pure speed.Freeney didnt have a sack last yr and Albert Did well vs Allen last week.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Freeney didnt have a sack last yr and Albert Did well vs Allen last week.

That's because the Chiefs refused to give Freeney a chance at a sack. Almost every pass was a quick one.

Freeney beat Albert for several pressures.

lcarus
10-08-2011, 07:13 PM
They failed to mention Hali is gonna rape face. Painter will eat the turf several times, I guarantee it.

milkman
10-08-2011, 07:20 PM
They failed to mention Hali is gonna rape face. Painter will eat the turf several times, I guarantee it.

The question becomes, who stands in and makes a play or two even in the face of pressure.

Neither perhaps, but I've seen Dink under pressure, so my money would be on Painter.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
The question becomes, who stands in and makes a play or two even in the face of pressure.

Neither perhaps, but I've seen Dink under pressure, so my money would be on Painter.

I think the Colts are gonna come out like someone punched their mom in the face.

BoneKrusher
10-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I think the Colts are gonna come out like someone punched their mom in the face.

Yep,
that's exactly what i expect to see.

whoman69
10-08-2011, 09:33 PM
McCluster has a long of 24.

Charles has a long of 24.

Jones has a long of 12.

What's more is that we have seven players that have run the ball this year and every one has at least one 10 yard run.

Easy 6
10-08-2011, 10:12 PM

AAARRRGGGHHH!

:thumb:

Marcellus
10-08-2011, 10:30 PM
That's because the Chiefs refused to give Freeney a chance at a sack. Almost every pass was a quick one.

Freeney beat Albert for several pressures.

Several pressure equals couldn't handle him?

Hmmmm, sounds a bit SFL homerish to me.

Chiefaholic
10-08-2011, 10:48 PM

You really shouldn't be posting when you've had too much to drink. Casshole isn't a top 5 QB in the AFC West, much less the NFL. He isn't even the most accurate passer in KC, that title belongs to Stanzi and arguably Palco as the second best.

A franchise QB looks off his primary WR and hits his WR in stride. A franchise QB doesn't piss his pants when pass protection breaks down. A franchise QB doesn't handicap the playbook due to his inability to throw a crisp and accurate pass more than 20 yards downfield. A franchise QB can carry the team when the star HB is lost for the season. Matt Casshole doesn't fit any of these descriptions and will NEVER allow us to have a legit chance at a Superbowl as long as he's under center.

Marcellus
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
You really shouldn't be posting when you've had too much to drink. Casshole isn't a top 5 QB in the AFC West, much less the NFL. He isn't even the most accurate passer in KC, that title belongs to Stanzi and arguably Palco as the second best.

A franchise QB looks off his primary WR and hits his WR in stride. A franchise QB doesn't piss his pants when pass protection breaks down. A franchise QB doesn't handicap the playbook due to his inability to throw a crisp and accurate pass more than 20 yards downfield. A franchise QB can carry the team when the star HB is lost for the season. Matt Casshole doesn't fit any of these descriptions and will NEVER allow us to have a legit chance at a Superbowl as long as he's under center.

LMAO good stuff. I could add he isn't top 3 on his own team.

Fritz88
10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
They are either dumbasses or the network wants to keep things look competitive so they come up with reports and shows like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
10-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Several pressure equals couldn't handle him?

Hmmmm, sounds a bit SFL homerish to me.

Yes, Freeney was beating Albert quite a bit and putting pressure on the QB.

He couldn't handle him.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Albert struggled a ton against Freeney. He's struggles mightily against speed rushers since we drafted him.

If Albert is able to contain Freeney, it will be a shining example of progress.

Cheater5
10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
It's like a law of physics; "watch what happens when Matt Cassel is under even the slightest bit persistent of pressure." Aaaand...collapse.

Prediction: Holding penalties aplenty, dumb feckin WR screens, and McCluster draws and/or reverses that yield 3 yards. Vertical passing game? No. Mr. Sh*tpants seems to take two full quarters to get dialed in with his accuracy and he won't ever get there today.

This will be a boring game of attrition, until our Defense finally gives out after being too exhausted. Colts win this one.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 08:31 AM

Neither QB impresses me much.

The defense that plays better and offense that turns the ball over less wins...

milkman
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Neither QB impresses me much.

The defense that plays better and offense that turns the ball over less wins...
I didn't say Painter impresses me.

We know what Cassel is.

The chance exists that Painter has more intestinal fortitude under pressure than does Cassel, and we know that he dosen't need to have much to shw he has more than Cassel.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 08:52 AM
I didn't say Painter impresses me.

We know what Cassel is.

The chance exists that Painter has more intestinal fortitude under pressure than does Cassel, and we know that he dosen't need to have much to shw he has more than Cassel.

It's a hard game to predict.

Take the O line vs. front 7.

I think the pass rushers for the Colts are much better than ours. They should get to Casshole often.

On the other side I think the tackles for the Colts are even worse than ours and Hali might have a 3 sack day without a legit compliment.

Hard to predict which team pass protects better.

We've been much better against the run and the Colts don't impress me much running the ball. Then again this is one of the better front 4's we faced this year and we're doing it with a quickly declining 2yrdThomas and no Charles.

Hard to really pick who I think'll do better.

The only reason I'd put one team over a 50/50 chance is that they're at home and Painter has more targets in the passing game...

milkman
10-09-2011, 08:53 AM
It's a hard game to predict.

Take the O line vs. front 7.

I think the pass rushers for the Colts are much better than ours. They should get to Casshole often.

On the other side I think the tackles for the Colts are even worse than ours and Hali might have a 3 sack day without a legit compliment.

Hard to predict which team pass protects better.

We've been much better against the run and the Colts don't impress me much running the ball. Then again this is one of the better front 4's we faced this year and we're doing it with a quickly declining 2yrdThomas and no Charles.

Hard to really pick who I think'll do better.

The only reason I'd put one team over a 50/50 chance is that they're at home and Painter has more targets in the passing game...

The interior of the Colts defense is missing a couple of pieces.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 08:59 AM
The interior of the Colts defense is missing a couple of pieces.

And we're missing Berry (easily our 2nd/3rd best player on defense...)

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Sorry my friend but you just don't know how to watch the game. Cassel is a leader who wins his team games, let me ask you this, what five QBs would you put ahead of him right now? Brady, Rodgers, Brees, maybe Rivers and that's about it. The guy is a winner just watch that TEN game last year..plus he's the Chiefs qb so no matter what you're supposed to cheer for him, but that wouldn't matter anyways.

Sorry my friend but don't let the cold hard facts hit you in the face...

Rausch
10-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry my friend but you just don't know how to watch the game. Cassel is a leader who wins his team games...

So why does he have a career losing record here in KC?

, let me ask you this, what five QBs would you put ahead of him right now? Brady, Rodgers, Brees, maybe Rivers and that's about it.

Put ahead just as far as performance/ability at this time?

Romo, Stafford, Ruthlessrapist, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Schaub, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Vick, and Freeman off the top of my head...

:spock:

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:38 AM
maybe Rivers

Not only are there more than 20 QB's in the league better than Cassel but... MAYBE Rivers? You are on the fence about Rivers being better than Cassel? Wtf is wrong with you?

Dylan
10-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Matty looks good!

please don't tear my flesh off... tia & gb

Rausch
10-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Matty looks good!

please don't tear my flesh off... tia & gb

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zw5pmDgWMaU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thig Lyfe
10-09-2011, 09:46 AM

This.

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2011, 09:51 AM
So why does he have a career losing record here in KC?

Put ahead just as far as performance/ability at this time?

Romo, Stafford, Ruthlessrapist, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Schaub, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Vick, and Freeman off the top of my head...

:spock:

Lets break those qbs down, Romo is a choker that lost his team the game last week.
Stafford has been injured way too much to know, what has he started like 6 games? Big Ben is hurt bad and throws waaay too many ints. Ryan has a shot but frankly I haven't been impressed especially for a high first rounder and all the weapons around him. Eli...see previous statement about Ryan. Schaub, meh average , AT BEST. Stud WR and RB and barely wins games. Cutler, HAHA his own fans haaate him and bears fans love any
bear. Fitz and Kolb? LOL! Vick? The Guy can't win plays very dumb football. Freeman has a shot but too small sample.

So there u have it Cassel top 5.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Lets break those qbs down, Romo is a choker that lost his team the game last week.
Stafford has been injured way too much to know, what has he started like 6 games? Big Ben is hurt bad and throws waaay too many ints. Ryan has a shot but frankly I haven't been impressed especially for a high first rounder and all the weapons around him. Eli...see previous statement about Ryan. Schaub, meh average , AT BEST. Stud WR and RB and barely wins games. Cutler, HAHA his own fans haaate him and bears fans love any
bear. Fitz and Kolb? LOL! Vick? The Guy can't win plays very dumb football. Freeman has a shot but too small sample.

So there u have it Cassel top 5.

What has Cassel done to make him top 5? Beat the Vikings?

Rausch
10-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Casshole played like $#it the first 2 weeks and then choked the game away week 3 with one of the dumbest INT's I've seen since Jeff George was playing.

Stafford has been injured way too much to know, what has he started like 6 games?

You clearly aren't paying attention.

Big Ben is hurt bad and throws waaay too many ints.
He's played good enough to win two super bowls and a number of playoff games.

Ryan has a shot but frankly I haven't been impressed especially for a high first rounder and all the weapons around him. Eli...see previous statement about Ryan.

Another QB who DROVE HIS TEAM DOWN THE FIELD IN THE 4TH QUARTER TO WIN A SB.

Your and idiot.

Schaub, meh average , AT BEST. Stud WR and RB and barely wins games.

I'm done....this.......I might as well be talking to a 10 year old about why Harry Potter is the best film franchise ever...

Easy 6
10-09-2011, 09:57 AM
LA Chief is yanking everyones chain i'd bet.

If not, he's yanking something else.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 09:58 AM
LA Chief is yanking everyones chain i'd bet.

I hope so...

milkman
10-09-2011, 10:01 AM
If LAChieffan isn't being sarcastic and trolling, then he might well be an even bigger dumbass than Laz and the Whisperer.

Epic proportions.

My money is on the former, cause stupidity that epic simply can not exist.

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
What has Cassel done to make him top 5? Beat the Vikings?

Precisely, he won that game last week single-handed. Show me another qb from that list who did that. Shit, he would've won the SD game by himself if it weren't for poor route running and OL play.

Again you're just not watching the games correctly.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Fucking mults...

jd1020
10-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Precisely, he won that game last week single-handed. Show me another qb from that list who did that. Shit, he would've won the SD game by himself if it weren't for poor route running and OL play.

I'll try harder. Going to put my beer goggles on for today's game.

Coogs
10-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Shit, he would've won the SD game by himself if it weren't for poor route running and OL play.

You sir are correct. If Ryan Lilja had ran a little better route, and been able to get some seperation from his defender, then Cassel would not have been picked off with the game on the line. Top 5 QB indeed.

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Fucking mults...

I'm not a mult brah, just a real fan who will never dog his teams players. Especially when they don't deserve it.

Chiefaholic
10-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry my friend but you just don't know how to watch the game. Cassel is a leader who wins his team , let me ask you this, what five QBs would you put ahead of him right now? Brady, Rodgers, Brees, maybe Rivers and that's about it. The guy is a winner just watch that TEN game last year..plus he's the Chiefs qb so no matter what you're supposed to cheer for him, but that wouldn't matter anyways.

I don't know how to watch a game? And how would that be?.... BLINDFOLDED??? Five QB's better than Casshole AND you're giving me the luxury of picking outside the AFC West? That's too easy... Damn near ALL of them.

As far as cold hard facts hitting me in the face?... The only fact you pointed out was that Casshole is currently the Chiefs starting QB.

Three7s
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM

And I'm sure you thought that if the Chiefs had a better o-line, LJ would be a future HoFer, right? :banghead:

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Any doubters now that casel isnt a top qb in the league?

Ya that's what I thought.