10-09-2011, 03:09 AM
1300 yds
82% completion pct.
18 tds
1 int

just under 300 yds rushing
2 tds

in 5 games.

Hard to imagine thinking ever that a Baylor QB would hoist a Heisman. But if he can continue putting up numbers, barring a tough game against the Sooner D - he just might walk away with it.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 03:12 AM
1300 yds
82% completion pct.
18 tds
1 int

just under 300 yds rushing
2 tds

in 5 games.

Hard to imagine thinking ever that a Baylor QB would hoist a Heisman. But if he can continue putting up numbers, barring a tough game against the Sooner D - he just might walk away with it.

Nope Baylor will have 3 or 4 losses. Luck or Richardson will most likely be the winner.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tDbfWhaIBdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lostcause
10-09-2011, 03:14 AM
And that interception wasn't even his fault. He's getting mugged when it's released.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 06:30 AM
And that interception wasn't even his fault. He's getting mugged when it's released.

How was that not his fault? He got hit but he never even saw the guy underneath. That ball is intercepted even if he isn't hit.

malachi47000
10-09-2011, 07:31 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/871142-baylors-robert-griffin-iii-is-the-cam-newton-of-the-2012-nfl-draft

Robert Griffin III has taken college football by storm this season. Through four games this year, Griffin has been unstoppable as a passer and a runner, but will that game translate to the NFL?
In this week’s player breakdown, I’ll take on the Heisman Trophy favorite and grade Baylor’s star quarterback as an NFL quarterback.

Griffin has the skill set and unique talent that will drive many to compare him to 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton. Griffin could make a similar rise leading up to the draft. Forget Landry Jones and Matt Barkley as the second quarterback behind Andrew Luck. Griffin is your man.

The No. 1 requirement for a quarterback entering the NFL on my scouting reports is accuracy, and no quarterback in college football has been better this season than Griffin.

Doubters will point to Griffin playing in a scheme that favors the short, safe pass, but that’s not true. Baylor is attacking the deep thirds, and letting Griffin air-out the ball early and often. While statistics should be held with a grain of salt, one telling number to focus on is Griffin’s yards per attempt.

Currently he’s averaging almost 12 yards per attempt. Compare that to Andrew Luck’s 9.25 yards per attempt, and you see that Griffin is making plays downfield while also putting the ball in a position that allows his receivers to make plays.

The major strength to Griffin’s game is his ability to make plays inside and out of the pocket. Griffin will inevitably be compared to Michael Vick, Cam Newton and Vince Young but he’s more a combination of the three with a little Steve Young thrown in.

While Griffin is great at making plays with his feet, he also has an underrated ability to use his speed and agility to slide up in the pocket to get away from the blitz. Tom Brady gets credit for being so great at feeling the blitz, and that’s what Griffin is showing too. His innate ability to feel pressure and then his natural ability to make plays once all hell breaks loose is what makes him so valuable as an NFL quarterback.

Athletic quarterbacks entering the NFL draft over the past 10 years have largely had question marks when it comes to mechanics. Vick, Tim Tebow, Vince Young...the list goes on and on. This is where Robert Griffin stands apart from the pack. Even with the speed of a running back, Griffin passes the test as a quarterback.

Griffin may be on the verge of undersized at 6’2”, but he has a strong over-the-top motion that allows him to deliver the ball over the heads of offensive linemen and oncoming blitzers. His delivery is fast and clean. Unlike Tim Tebow who was excellent at running but a mechanical nightmare, Griffin’s release and motion will require no extra work at the next level.

And then there’s his speed. Even with a picture-perfect motion and next-level arm strength, where Griffin can do the most damage on a single play is with his legs. Timed at a legitimate 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash, Griffin is a nightmare in space. Given a run-pass option when rolling to his right, Griffin is damn-near impossible to stop with just one man.

What’s the definitive word on Griffin as an NFL quarterback? Put it all together and forget what you think you know about athletic quarterbacks. Griffin is a more complete quarterback than Cam Newton, has better mechanics than Tim Tebow, is a more agile runner than Vince Young and has the accuracy that killed Michael Vick early in his career.

When you put that together you get a quarterback who is on the verge of being a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uO3QkCbt0ys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
10-09-2011, 07:33 AM
How was that not his fault? He got hit but he never even saw the guy underneath. That ball is intercepted even if he isn't hit.

Because getting hit has no bearing on what direction the ball ends of going.

:facepalm:

jd1020
10-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Because getting hit has no bearing on what direction the ball ends of going.

:facepalm:

... Did you even watch the play. The guy underneath is directly in the path of where his receiver was.

notorious
10-09-2011, 07:55 AM
... Did you even watch the play. The guy underneath is directly in the path of where his receiver was.

Yes I watched the play, and you are in the minority on your opinion.

KevB
10-09-2011, 08:00 AM

His receiver was 10 yards further downfield, it's doubtful the ball would have been picked without the pressure (and Griffin's legs getting hit as he threw the ball).

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:18 AM
His receiver was 10 yards further downfield, it's doubtful the ball would have been picked without the pressure (and Griffin's legs getting hit as he threw the ball).

What was he going to do? Throw a 15 yard rainbow?

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes I watched the play, and you are in the minority on your opinion.

Minority of what? The 5 people posting in this thread?

notorious
10-09-2011, 08:19 AM

No use in trying to change his mind. Some people just don't get it.

notorious
10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Minority of what? The 5 people posting in this thread?

How about everybody that watched the game except for you.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
No use in trying to change his mind. Some people just don't get it.

Like some people trying to cover up a bad decision with or without pressure because he's their golden boy.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
How about everybody that watched the game except for you.

Is "everybody" posting in this thread?

notorious
10-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Like some people trying to cover up a bad decision with or without pressure because he's their golden boy.

I am a KState fan,dumbass, and I think that a RG3 is a crybaby.

I am done trying to convince the 1%. Have a good life.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:24 AM
I am a KState fan,dumbass, and I think that a RG3 is a crybaby.

I am done trying to convince the 1%. Have a good life.

Later pimp.

Dave Lane
10-09-2011, 08:32 AM
For what its worth it looks like he got hit by his own blocker and it threw the pass completely off course. I don't like that he rainbows his passes too much which wont work in the NFL. I'd be happy to have him to try to beat out Cassel but he is not a NFL QB other than a possible Mike Vick type. I want a QB that can move in the pocket not constantly run the ball.

The other problem I saw other than too much air on the balls is 90% of the passes I saw him throw are a single read and chuck. I'd like to see him making more 2 and 3 reads at the college level.

RealSNR
10-09-2011, 10:22 AM
For what its worth it looks like he got hit by his own blocker and it threw the pass completely off course. I don't like that he rainbows his passes too much which wont work in the NFL. I'd be happy to have him to try to beat out Cassel but he is not a NFL QB other than a possible Mike Vick type. I want a QB that can move in the pocket not constantly run the ball.

The other problem I saw other than too much air on the balls is 90% of the passes I saw him throw are a single read and chuck. I'd like to see him making more 2 and 3 reads at the college level.You know who does make two and three reads?

Dicky. Stanzi.