PDA

View Full Version : Football Nick Foles...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Since we are starting independent qb threads...

http://www.mockdraftclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Nick-Foles-throwing.jpg

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Foles = Flaaco.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Fair enough.

Ming the Merciless
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
throw up some highlights

Mr_Tomahawk
Draftabulators....

Where is he projected....?

Smed1065
Fuck you. We want to "develop" one.

T
o bring out the capabilities or possibilities of; bring to a more advanced or effective state:

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Foles = Flaaco.

I...uh....what?

Draftabulators....

Early to mid 2nd round would be my guess. Dependent on how many of the expectant QB's actually declare early for the draft.

Foles is not what this team needs for a QB.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Draftabulators....

Same as last year right now.

2+

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Draftabulators....

I"LL join them.

Ahead of Cassel?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
2nd rnd.

I am not contesting this, but what are his flaws that keep him from grading out as a 1st rnd qb?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
So far this season...

170/236

1877 yards

14 tds

2 ints

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
He sucks ass. His stats are garbage time. If U of A can ever win a game then I'd consider it.

CoMoChief
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
He's going to be a first rd pick. It'd be a god damn miracle if he lasted til the mid 2nd rd and was sitting there for the taking when KC picks.

I think he's gonna be the 2nd QB selected.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 05:22 PM
He's going to be a first rd pick. It'd be a god damn miracle if he lasted til the mid 2nd rd and was sitting there for the taking when KC picks.

I dont see any chance Foles is the 2nd QB off the board. Foles benefits from the same type of offense that Jones does but Foles has a lot more questions about his game like arm, accuracy, throwing motion, and decision making. Unless some major injuries occur either Barkley or Jones are locks to be the second QB off the board.

Foles will most likely be a 2nd round QB for a team that needs a backup like the Colts if they dont get the first pick and grab Luck. He's not worth a top 1st round pick and teams drafting in the late first wont be needing a qb.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes please!

Bowser
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Fuck you. We want to "develop" one.

T
o bring out the capabilities or possibilities of; bring to a more advanced or effective state:

The fuck?

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM

If Barkley, Jones and RGIII return back to school.....sure.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM

He might even be first if Luck goes back!

SUCK FOR FOLES!

Delano
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
The fuck?

He's imitating the hostility of the rival factions (drafturbators and true fans) of the 2009-2010 offseason.

He also believes we need to draft and develop our own quarterback. As a special kindness, he added the definition of develop from the 1994 Webster's Dictionary.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
10-09-2011, 07:24 PM
He's imitating the hostility of the rival factions (drafturbators and true fans) of the 2009-2010 offseason.

He also believes we need to draft and develop our own quarterback. As a special kindness, he added the definition of develop from the 1994 Webster's Dictionary.
Posted via Mobile Device

I see. I'm going to go ahead and assume he stumbled on that by accident.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I...uh....what?

Early to mid 2nd round would be my guess. Dependent on how many of the expectant QB's actually declare early for the draft.

Another poster who doesn't know what he's talking about. Cool.

Thig Lyfe
10-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I do like the fact that he played QB in college. That's always a plus.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I've decided that if we can't get Luck, then I want Robert Griffin III.

I heard an interview about him on the radio yesterday, and I'm sold. He comes from a military background and is the consummate leader. He loves putting the team on his shoulders and being the man.

Everyone knows about his 85% completion percentage. What few people know is that his average throw is 12 yards, compared to Luck's 9+ yards/attempt. When the pocket breaks down, his 4.4 speed will make plays. But he's not a gadget player. He will stay in the pocket and work his progressions through.

If he's there in the 1st round, I want him.

58kcfan89
10-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I've decided that if we can't get Luck, then I want Robert Griffin III.

I heard an interview about him on the radio yesterday, and I'm sold. He comes from a military background and is the consummate leader. He loves putting the team on his shoulders and being the man.

Everyone knows about his 85% completion percentage. What few people know is that his average throw is 12 yards, compared to Luck's 9+ yards/attempt. When the pocket breaks down, his 4.4 speed will make plays. But he's not a gadget player. He will stay in the pocket and work his progressions through.

If he's there in the 1st round, I want him.

I was able to watch him from the press box when Baylor played K-State last week & became a huge fan of RG3. The fact that he plays in a spread kinda bugs me (I always have reservations as to how they can adjust), but he seems to have all the tools to be a great QB. Plus, after the end of the game, he was pretty pissed, so he obviously hates to lose.

Isn't he a junior, though? He could theoretically go back for another year, I believe.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I was able to watch him from the press box when Baylor played K-State last week & became a huge fan of RG3. The fact that he plays in a spread kinda bugs me (I always have reservations as to how they can adjust), but he seems to have all the tools to be a great QB. Plus, after the end of the game, he was pretty pissed, so he obviously hates to lose.

Isn't he a junior, though? He could theoretically go back for another year, I believe.

He's a redshirted Jr. He's got 2 more years if he wants.

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Another poster who doesn't know what he's talking about. Cool.

Says the dumbass that compared him to Flacco.

Hint: You're that poster who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Says the dumbass that compared him to Flacco.

Hint: You're that poster who doesn't know what he's talking about.

You do realize Foles is about the same size as Flaaco and has the same type of arm strength? 2nd round pick ROFL get the fuck out of here dumbass you're just as clueless as the weatherman you named yourself after.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
You do realize Foles is about the same size as Flaaco and has the same type of arm strength? 2nd round pick ROFL get the **** out of here dumbass you're just as clueless as the weatherman you named yourself after.

Brodie Croyle is about the same size as Aaron Rodgers with a cannon for an arm. Guess we should have kept him around.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Brodie Croyle is about the same size as Aaron Rodgers with a cannon for an arm. Guess we should have kept him around.

Jd1020 is brain dead so was Terri Schiavo.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Jd1020 is brain dead so was Terri Schiavo.

Mad because your "bullet proof" comparison blew up in your face?

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
You do realize Foles is about the same size as Flaaco and has the same type of arm strength? 2nd round pick ROFL get the fuck out of here dumbass you're just as clueless as the weatherman you named yourself after.
This is rich. Please go on and spread your great knowledge of how awesome of a prospect Foles is; the laughs are going to be wonderful when we all read your retarded drivel.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Because i'm the only one who's made that comparison?

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Because i'm the only one who's made that comparison?

I'm sure others making comparisons have more to say than just "He's about the same size with similar arm, therefor he must be him!"

And if we are going to say that Foles is Flacco then I'd draft him in the 3rd day.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
This is rich. Please go on and spread your great knowledge of how awesome of a prospect Foles is; the laughs are going to be wonderful when we all read your retarded drivel.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes would take him in round 1.

Along with Collins, Moore, or Barkely...

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm sure others making comparisons have more to say than just "He's about the same size with similar arm, therefor he must be him!"

And if we are going to say that Foles is Flacco. Then I'd draft him in the 3rd day.

I'm going to go ahead and say you've never seen Foles play.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes would take him in round 1.

Along with Collins, Moore, or Barkely...

Moore in the first? Really?

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say you've never seen Foles play.

I've seen a couple games of his but you are saying he's Flacco and Flacco is a moderately better game manager than Sanchez/Cassel. That's not a first round QB.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Moore in the first? Really?

I am a fan. Reminds me of Brees and the kid is really accurate...

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
I am a fan. Reminds me of Brees and the kid is really accurate...

Brees was a 2nd round pick and hoping for Brees is like hoping for the #1 pick in the draft.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
NFL teams love tall guys with big arms this is a fact.

What's that got to do with Flacco's success?

Foles is a poor mans Jones.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
What's that got to do with Flacco's success?

Foles is a poor mans Jones.

Jones as in Landry Jones? Hardly.

It has nothing to do with Flacco's success it's just a fact NFL teams go for QB's with that type of build. Foles is an upgrade FWIW but at this point i'd hope we get Barkley.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Jones as in Landry Jones? Hardly.

It has nothing to do with Flacco's success it's just a fact NFL teams go for QB's with that type of build. Foles is an upgrade FWIW but at this point i'd hope we get Barkley.

Please explain how Foles separates himself from Jones.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Please explain how Foles separates himself from Jones.

Other than being about 25 pounds lighter? I think Jones relies on the guys around him to make plays and usually shits the bed when playing road games.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Other than being about 25 pounds lighter? I think Jones relies on the guys around him to make plays and usually shits the bed when playing road games.

Like Foles doesnt? They play the same offense. Or are we pretending that a quick screen in OU is different than AZ?

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Like Foles doesnt? They play the same offense. Or are we pretending that a quick screen in OU is different than AZ?

Yes this would make sense considering Stoops is from OU. Going to point anymore things that are obvious?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Foles doesn't have 2 stud wide receivers and a stud running back....unless I am missing something.

Foles is putting up decent numbers with half the weapons Jones has...

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Foles doesn't have 2 stud wide receivers and a stud running back....unless I am missing something.

I think Foles is a better pocket passer than Jones.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM

Its not hard to put up good numbers in a spread offense.

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM

I don't see what's hard to understand here. He definitely won't go before Luck, Barkley or Jones. RGIII has more upside and is clearly outplaying Foles.

5 QB's going in the first round would be a draft record, and I don't think teams will be fighting over each other to draft a spread QB that isn't overly impressive.

I'm far from the only one that has the opinion that Foles is not a first round talent. If you're too fucking dumb to figure it out, well have fun looking dumb 6 months from now.

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't see what's hard to understand here. He definitely won't go before Luck, Barkley or Jones. RGIII has more upside and is clearly outplaying Foles.

5 QB's going in the first round would be a draft record, and I don't think teams will be fighting over each other to draft a spread QB that isn't overly impressive.

I'm far from the only one that has the opinion that Foles is not a first round talent. If you're too ****ing dumb to figure it out, well have fun looking dumb 6 months from now.

Nice contradiction there.

Foles still has a chance to be the 3rd QB taken and you're wrong we're still in a position to get Barkley.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Foles still has a chance to be the 3rd QB taken and you're wrong we're still in a position to get Barkley.

Foles has about as much of a chance of getting drafted before Luck/Jones/Barkley as Matt Cassel has of winning a SB.

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I'll let you in on a secret. That spread QB that isn't overly impressive is Foles.

I never said we weren't in a position to get Barkley. Beating 2 pathetic teams doesn't make the Chiefs even a decent team. Way to make up stances for me though!

Titty Meat
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I'll let you in on a secret. That spread QB that isn't overly impressive is Foles.

I never said we weren't in a position to get Barkley. Beating 2 pathetic teams doesn't make the Chiefs even a decent team. Way to make up stances for me though!

Yea Landry Jones has been much more impressive. You're hilarious must be Nick Athans nephew.

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Well considering he's leading the #1 team in the country and is in the process of cementing himself as a top 5 pick, yeah.

Your trolling shtick is weak.

tredadda
10-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I think Foles is a better pocket passer than Jones.

If I had to pick I would put Luck at #1, Barkley at #2 and then it would be a toss up between Jones, Foles and RGIII. I am not as sold on Jones as some are.

Trevo_410
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM
i wouldn't pick jones with a top15 overall

Nightfyre
10-10-2011, 01:57 AM
I don't get the Barkley love. He looks exactly like Cassel to me.

oRYMANo
10-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Foles=Kerry Collins

CoMoChief
10-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Foles > Barkley

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Time to start looking at QBs in later rounds perhaps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/05/14/nick-foles-scouting-report/

Biography Nick Foles Quarterback Arizona #8 Senior Redshirt

Pros

Arm Strength: Nick Foles has a cannon for an arm along with excellent throwing power.

Durability: Foles does miss games with injuries, but he is a very tough player. He responds to injuries well.

Size: Nick Foles is 6 foot 5. He can weigh in between 235 and 250 pounds. Foles has excellent size for a quarterback.

Scrambler: Nick Foles can be an effective scrambler out of the pocket.

Footwork: Nick Foles puts a lot of emphasis on his footwork.

Intangibles: His intangibles receive mixed reviews. Foles has good fundamentals for a quarterback with the 1 step, 3 step, and 5 step drops. Nick Foles needs to improve his accuracy, mechanics, and ability to throw on the run. I like what I see with Foles in terms of potential so I am open to taking a flyer on him in the 3rd round.

Pump Fakes Defense: One thing Nick Foles can do better than Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley is pump fake defenders. Nick Foles doesn’t pump fake that often, but when he does you really are not sure whether he will throw the football or take off and run.

1 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make a throw off the 1 step drop. If one of the offensive lineman misses an assignment Nick Foles can get rid of the football before pressure gets to him.

Makes Proper Progressions with the 1 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make the proper progressions with the 1 step drop. Foles has a quick release when making progressions from the 1 step drop.

3 Step Drop: Nick Foles can throw the football properly when dropping back in the 3 step drop. Foles displays good short accuracy out of the pocket when he properly executes his 3 step drops when you watch Nick Foles on film.

Makes Proper Progressions with the 3 Step Drop: Nick Foles can read the proper progressions with the 3 step drop if the offensive line buys him enough time to stay in the pocket.

5 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make the 5 step drop very effectively. Nick Foles most effective passes are usually when he takes the 5 step drop out of Arizona’s shotgun spread no huddle, gimmick offense. Foles also provides good medium distance accuracy on his passes when taking the 5 step drop before firing the football.

Makes Proper Progressions with the 5 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make the proper progressions with the 5 step drop if he is given enough time in the pocket to throw the football.

Pocket Passer: Foles is a pocket passer who can make plays happen if his offensive line buys him time in the pocket.

High Character: Nick Foles said very positive things about his quarterback coach during a practice session which shows he is a bright quarterback with high character.

Production: Nick Foles provides good production in terms of putting up points and providing touchdowns for his team.

Potential: Nick Foles has the potential and upside to be a pro bowl quarterback, but he is a project quarterback who needs at least 2 years on the bench as a backup.

Cons

Gets Rattled Under Pressure: Nick Foles loses composure and gets rattled when he is under pressure.

Learning Rate: Nick Foles hasn’t thrown any complex west coast NFL plays. Foles can make the proper progressions, but how fast Foles can learn a complex NFL type play is still a major question mark at this point.

Football IQ: He just doesn’t recognize coverages yet. He’s thrown 19 interceptions in 2 years. Foles just doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes.

Awareness: Nick Foles is going to need to adjust his field vision once he starts playing in an NFL pro style offense.

Accuracy: Nick Foles is way too inconsistent with his accuracy. He does well when making the proper throwing steps like the 3 step and 5 step drops. Nick Foles struggles on other plays with throwing accuracy when you watch him on film.

7 Step Drop: Nick Foles struggles making throws out of the 7 step drop. He needs to improve his accuracy when throwing deep passes. It looks like Nick Foles is checking deep passes into random areas like a Captain Check Down quarterback.

Makes Progressions on the 7 Step Drop: Nick Foles struggles to make proper progressions on the 7 step drop.

Mechanics: Foles throwing motion when releasing the football is inconsistent at times. He also holds the football the wrong way sometimes. Nick Foles mechanics have to improve and get more consistent in the NFL.

Throws on the Run: Nick Foles struggles to throw on the run when throwing out of the pocket despite his ability to scramble.

Play Action Passes: Nick Foles has a tough time selling play action passes. Nick Foles playcalling will be very basic and predictable if he does not improve his ability to sell the play action pass.

My thoughts on Nick Foles

I personally believe it comes down to where Nick Foles gets drafted. If he gets drafted in the top 10 and is rushed into a starting job right away he will bust. If Foles gets drafted in the late first to early 2nd round he could be a pro bowl caliber quarterback if he sits out for a few years like Aaron Rodgers.

Foles was a former Michigan State quarterback who transferred to Arizona. Foles has really done a good job with the Wildcats. If Foles came out as a junior I would have preferred Foles over Gabbert to be honest.

Nick Foles is a 2nd to 3rd round project at this point that will probably get drafted in the late first to early 2nd round because of his cannon arm and size as a quarterback. Foles has the upside and potential to become like a Ben Roethlisberger quarterback, but he is a raw project that needs to be groomed at this point.

Foles is better than Gabbert and he may have more potential than Newton. The odds of Foles maximizing his immense potential is heavily stacked against him at this point.

He is not starter material yet at this point. Both Newton and Gabbert knew they would be 2nd-5th round picks had either quarterback returned for their senior year.

jd1020
12-15-2011, 02:33 PM
I was just going to post a reply and not read the great wall of text but when I scrolled down my eyes were drawn to this gem...

"Foles is better than Gabbert and he may have more potential than Newton."

WTF?

How can anyone compare the intangibles of both Foles and Newton and say they would take Foles based on potential?

Foles is a guy Pioli would go for just because he's a big pocket passer.

That's where it ends for Foles.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Foles status will be dictated in how well he does in the Senior Bowl.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Foles status will be dictated in how well he does in the Senior Bowl.

When is the senior bowl.

I could google it, butts... :clap:

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
When is the senior bowl.

I could google it, butts... :clap:

January 28th

Frosty
12-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I watch a lot of PAC-12 games and have liked what I have seen from Foles over the years (he was on a dogshit team this year, though). I am in a minority here, I think, but I would be really happy with Foles if they couldn't get one of the top 3 QBs. I think he will end up being a Matt Ryan type QB in the NFL.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I like him, would take him in the 1st...

Bowser
12-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I like him, would take him in the 1st...

I hope you're a better pilot than an armchair GM.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Time to start looking at QBs in later rounds perhaps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/05/14/nick-foles-scouting-report/

Biography Nick Foles Quarterback Arizona #8 Senior Redshirt

He is not starter material yet at this point. Both Newton and Gabbert knew they would be 2nd-5th round picks had either quarterback returned for their senior year.

Newton was going to be a mid-round pick if he returned to school??? I guess anyone can write a scouting report.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I hope you're a better pilot than an armchair GM.

Fantastic Pilot... The rest, well I never claimed to be a draftabulator....

kepp
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Has he ever played for the Redwoods?

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 03:18 PM
"Gets Rattled Under Pressure: Nick Foles loses composure and gets rattled when he is under pressure."

To me, it is becoming apparent that how a QB handles himself under pressure is one of the most important criteria. Forget the combine and forget campus practices where everything is scripted.

What separates Cassel from being a good QB - no composure under pressure. They need a guy who can calmly step up, buy some time, keep his eyes down field and make a throw. No Foles, no Jones.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
"Gets Rattled Under Pressure: Nick Foles loses composure and gets rattled when he is under pressure."

To me, it is becoming apparent that how a QB handles himself under pressure is one of the most important criteria. Forget the combine and forget campus practices where everything is scripted.

What separates Cassel from being a good QB - no composure under pressure. They need a guy who can calmly step up, buy some time, keep his eyes down field and make a throw. No Foles, no Jones.

I've honestly never seen that out of Foles. To me, he seems to play his best when the game is on the line (like the way he brought the team back in the USC game this year).

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Stanzi was horrible about that in his junior yet but his senior season he was ice.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Stanzi was horrible about that in his junior yet but his senior season he was ice.

That seems to be the major problem with KC QBs.

Montana - cool as ice.
Grbac - deer in headlights, plus a wimp.
Gannon - could buy time with his feet.
Huard - fetal
Croyle - composed but would break with gentle wind.
Thigpen - not a good QB, but his mobility enabled chicken shit salad to be made.
Cassel - no composure.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
If the report is off of this year, I think Foles was just trying to do too much. He had a shit team around him, with one marginal receiver (Criner) and no running game. The Arizona defense was awful, so he knew he had to score every time he went out there. It's tough to take a lot from this season.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
How the :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: do you insert Youtube clips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaehG4uWoY

Oh well...waiting for 2011 hilights.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 03:47 PM
I didn't get to watch Foles much this year, I loved him last year. Be interesting to see where he ends up going.

jd1020
12-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Everyone looks good in highlight videos.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Everyone looks good in highlight videos.

That's why it is called a highlight...rather than lowlight.

Dumbass.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
That's why it is called a highlight...rather than a Cassel reel.

Dumbass.

FYP

jd1020
12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
That's why it is called a highlight...rather than lowlight.

Dumbass.

... :hmmm:

Otis Day
12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
1 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make a throw off the 1 step drop. If one of the offensive lineman misses an assignment Nick Foles can get rid of the football before pressure gets to him.

Makes Proper Progressions with the 1 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make the proper progressions with the 1 step drop. Foles has a quick release when making progressions from the 1 step drop.

3 Step Drop: Nick Foles can throw the football properly when dropping back in the 3 step drop. Foles displays good short accuracy out of the pocket when he properly executes his 3 step drops when you watch Nick Foles on film.

Makes Proper Progressions with the 3 Step Drop: Nick Foles can read the proper progressions with the 3 step drop if the offensive line buys him enough time to stay in the pocket.

5 Step Drop: Nick Foles can make the 5 step drop very effectively. Nick Foles most effective passes are usually when he takes the 5 step drop out of Arizona’s shotgun spread no huddle, gimmick offense. Foles also provides good medium distance accuracy on his passes when taking the 5 step drop before firing the football.

This reads like Nick Foles is writing the article about Nick Foles, constantly referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah, you have to take these with a grain of salt...

I found this one which states he has a low football IQ...and then found another that said he had a high football IQ.

Just wanted to stir the pot a bit....

O.city
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Not in the first round. maybe in the second or third.

I like Tannehill alot better in the second if he was there.

If we are going qb in the first, especially early, it's Luck, Barkley, or RGIII.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Not in the first round. maybe in the second or third.

I like Tannehill alot better in the second if he was there.

If we are going qb in the first, especially early, it's Luck, Barkley, or RGIII.

Of course.

That is why I bumped this thread and said perhaps it's time to look at QBs in later rounds...

O.city
12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
This franchise is in a bad state right now with all thats going on. They need a face to associate with the Chiefs. Why not make a big splash and trade to the top.

Bring in a new coach and pair him with Luck to be the guy for the next decade.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
I was watching ESPN3 and saw McShay, the smartest man in the world when it comes to the draft, say he thought Foles was a top 40 pick.

The only QB he said that had hurt their draft stock this year was Cassel from Oklahoma.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
This franchise is in a bad state right now with all thats going on. They need a face to associate with the Chiefs. Why not make a big splash and trade to the top.

Luck is a great prospect, but he's by no means a sure bet you know....

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 04:06 PM

Because...
http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1932831&width=628&height=471

O.city
12-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Luck is a great prospect, but he's by no means a sure bet you know....

He's as sure thing as your gonna find due to his intagibles. The guy is gonna come into the league and be Matt Ryan from the start. He's had 4 years running an offense that is as close to NFL as any college team runs.

If we had the chance to get him you do it. Show the league you are serious about building a contender here in KC by doing it the right way. Get the qb to go with this young talent that has the best chance of success.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 04:09 PM
I was watching ESPN3 and saw McShay, the smartest man in the world when it comes to the draft, say he thought Foles was a top 40 pick.

The only QB he said that had hurt their draft stock this year was Cassel from Oklahoma.

Yeah, I think Foles will be gone later in the the 1st or at the top of the 2nd. I think his stock will go up after the Senior Bowl and combine.

O.city
Because...
http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1932831&width=628&height=471

Oh I know I know.

Hear me out tho. Pioli has gotten immense pressure put on himself now. His shield is gone, when Haley went out hte door. Everyone knows this is on him.

I also think and really hope Hunt has put the screws to Pioli.

What better way to make a statement.

Mr_Tomahawk

Assuming we dont draft a QB in the 1st rnd...I would take Foles in a heartbeat in the 2nd if he is their...

DaWolf
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM

Click the "Share" button, then under that the "Embed" button, and copy and paste the link here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UhaehG4uWoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frosty
12-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Click the "Share" button, then under that the "Embed" button, and copy and paste the link here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UhaehG4uWoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By the way, as you can tell from the video, Foles did take some snaps from center. He wasn't just a spread monkey that was in the shotgun all of the time.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Assuming we dont draft a QB in the 1st rnd...I would take Foles in a heartbeat in the 2nd if he is their...

Even though it's stupid drafting, I'd be okay drafting multiple QB's this year. I can't take another year watching someone like Cassel or his butt buddy Palko trot out on the field and shit all over everyone.

Bump
12-15-2011, 04:41 PM
I'd consider him if the top 3 are all gone. He's gonna be a development though. I really just want RG3 and let him come here and do his thang

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Foles = Flaaco.

http://www.rachelwilkerson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/where-do-I-sign.jpg

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
3rd round - hell yes.
2nd round - probably
1st round - lord no, I'd take a RT first.

He has some talent, but I do not understand the fascination with the guy. For a huge dude with a 'cannon' arm, he sure spends a lot of time dinkin' and dunkin'. Sometimes quite poorly, I might add.

I see a lot of Cassel in the boy, that's all.

Bump
12-15-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.rachelwilkerson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/where-do-I-sign.jpg

Flacco is steve Bono dude

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Foles > Barkley

Need a reason to draft Barkley. LMAO

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM
3rd round - hell yes.
2nd round - probably

He has some talent, but I do not understand the fascination with the guy. For a huge dude with a 'cannon' arm, he sure spends a lot of time dinkin' and dunkin'. Sometimes quite poorly, I might add.

Are you going to take the job with Miami, Carl?

Frosty
12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
3rd round - hell yes.
2nd round - probably

He has to dink and dunk because he has shit receivers.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 04:51 PM
He has to dink and dunk because he has shit receivers.

No way. The only kind of QB you want in the first is one that only throws 20 yard out routes and 40 yard ropes down the seam. Any other pass is proof that the QB won't work out in the NFL.

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Are you going to take the job with Miami, Carl?

You're kindof an idiot.

You're aware that the "I'd take a RT first" was an indictment on how little I like the idea of Foles in the first, not an endorsement of taking a tackle with the first round pick, right?

Do you really think we should take a QB, regardless of who's there? You'd honestly advocate taking Nick !@#$ing Foles at 10 because Luck, Barkley, Griffen and probably Jones went off the board already?

I desperately want a quarterback, but there's no way in hell I'm going to take some guy like Foles a round+ too early just for the sake of drafting one.

Some of you folks need to use your brains here - just like voting for Obama just for the sake of 'change' was stupid; voting for Foles as a first round QB just for the sake of a first round QB is also stupid.

Draft a QB in the first because there's a first round QB available; not just for the sake of doing it.

Nick Foles isn't a first round quarterback.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
No way. The only kind of QB you want in the first is one that only throws 20 yard out routes and 40 yard ropes down the seam. Any other pass is proof that the QB won't work out in the NFL.

I'm pretty sure most of the folks that live in Big 12 territory haven't seen much of this kid or they would realize the state of that team this year.

Last year, before Foles got hurt, Arizona was highly ranked and Foles was putting up a ton of yards. Even this year, on a crap team, he put up 4300 yards at almost 400 yards a game (380).

jd1020
12-15-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the folks that live in Big 12 territory haven't seen much of this kid or they would realize the state of that team this year.

Last year, before Foles got hurt, Arizona was highly ranked and Foles was putting up a ton of yards. Even this year, on a crap team, he put up 4300 yards at almost 400 yards a game (380).

He threw the ball 560 fucking times.

O.city
12-15-2011, 05:01 PM
You're kindof an idiot.

You're aware that the "I'd take a RT first" was an indictment on how little I like the idea of Foles in the first, not an endorsement of taking a tackle with the first round pick, right?

Do you really think we should take a QB, regardless of who's there? You'd honestly advocate taking Nick !@#$ing Foles at 10 because Luck, Barkley, Griffen and probably Jones went off the board already?

I desperately want a quarterback, but there's no way in hell I'm going to take some guy like Foles a round+ too early just for the sake of drafting one.

Some of you folks need to use your brains here - just like voting for Obama just for the sake of 'change' was stupid; voting for Foles as a first round QB just for the sake of a first round QB is also stupid.

Draft a QB in the first because there's a first round QB available; not just for the sake of doing it.

Good post bro.

How would you feel about trading up to get Luck?

Frosty
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
He threw the ball 560 ****ing times.

Because the Wildcats had no running game and a terrible defense. They were always behind.

jd1020
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Because the Wildcats had no running game and a terrible defense. They were always behind.

WTF does that have to do with his "impressive" stats?

You want to bring up his numbers but want to ignore that he was the #2 QB in passing attempts.

O.city
12-15-2011, 05:08 PM
WTF does that have to do with his "impressive" stats?

I don't really understand his arguement.

They had no running game so he had to throw it more. Doesn't that mean his stats should have been better?

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 05:18 PM
You're kindof an idiot.

:deevee:

None of us know where he's going to get picked. Well, except you I guess.

BossChief
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I began the year as a big fan of Foles and a reason was that he had done quite well develping as a passer.

He looks off safeties well, doesnt make mistakes that hurt his team often and is a good leader with a lot of upside. His arm can make every throw with zip and he is fairly accurate.

I was hoping to see him as a guy that put his team on his back this year and lead them to big wins.

That really didnt happen.

Not saying it was his fault, but I didnt see him take that next step I kind of expected of him.

He could be a really good pro and I would take him in the second round, but not in the first.

Flacco is a somewhat fair comparison, but I think Foles upside is higher.

Im not sure there really is a better comparison, though.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't really understand his arguement.

They had no running game so he had to throw it more. Doesn't that mean his stats should have been better?

If he was a first round QB his coach wouldn't have been fired!!11!!! LMAO

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
I began the year as a big fan of Foles and a reason was that he had done quite well develping as a passer.

He looks off safeties well, doesnt make mistakes that hurt his team often and is a good leader with a lot of upside. His arm can make every throw with zip and he is fairly accurate.

I was hoping to see him as a guy that put his team on his back this year and lead them to big wins.

That really didnt happen.

Not saying it was his fault, but I didnt see him take that next step I kind of expected of him.

He could be a really good pro and I would take him in the second round, but not in the first.

Flacco is a somewhat fair comparison, but I think Foles upside is higher.

Im not sure there really is a better comparison, though.

Flacco does seem like a nice comparison, but even that seems a little optimistic. Then again, I guess that's the nature of comparisons. You're not going to say "he could be the next Jim Druckenmiller!"

(Though for the record, Jim Druckenmiller seems like an extremely fair historical comparison for Nick Foles)

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
:deevee:

None of us know where he's going to get picked. Well, except you I guess.

Wow...you just completely missed the point there, didn't you?

That's cool - we'll go ahead and mark you down as believing Nick Foles is worthy of a top 10 draft pick and as a bit of a mindless ideologue.

God help us if Foles is gone before us as well. You'll be out here screaming that we should take Tannehill.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow...you just completely missed the point there, didn't you?

That's cool - we'll go ahead and mark you down as believing Nick Foles is worthy of a top 10 draft pick and as a bit of a mindless ideologue.

God help us if Foles is gone before us as well. You'll be out here screaming that we should take Tannehill.

I said it will be interesting to see where he goes. I don't like Tannehill, but like Foles, I don't know where he will be drafted either.

Foles is an interesting prospect in a sense that he looked great last year, and because his team sucked nobody saw him this year. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out for him.

Dumbass.

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I said it will be interesting to see where he goes. I don't like Tannehill, but like Foles, I don't know where he will be drafted either.

Foles is an interesting prospect in a sense that he looked great last year, and because his team sucked nobody saw him this year. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out for him.

Dumbass.

Ah,

So you went off half-cocked for no good reason and started spouting random bullshit about me being a Peterson acolyte when I suggested that I think your boyfriend is a 2nd round pick rather than a top 10 overall talent, eh?

Yeah - I'm the dumbass.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Ah,

So you went off half-cocked for no good reason and started spouting random bullshit about me being a Peterson acolyte when I suggested that I think your boyfriend is a 2nd round pick rather than a top 10 overall talent, eh?

Yeah - I'm the dumbass.

Personally, I don't think anyone with a functioning brain is saying to take Foles over Luck, RGIII or Barkley. I just think that the Chiefs are going to end up with at least one more win this season and end up picking mid-pack. To me, that makes Foles a viable option in the 2nd, assuming he is still there when the Chiefs pick.

I don't think he will end up starting day 1 but I think he could develop into a Matt Ryan type of QB with some decent coaching.

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Its going to be a little harder to predict where these type of QBs go I think. When you have a league showing more and more that you NEED a great QB on top of a slotted wage scale, its a perfect storm for teams, even those with QBs, to reach and get the QBs they like. Not as much punishment and so much upside.

Bewbies
12-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Ah,

Yeah - I'm the dumbass.

Taking a RT at 10 is why I called you Carl. And I knew what you were saying.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Sporting News' @RussLande suggests Nick Foles of #Arizona could emerge as 3rd QB drafted with big Senior Bowl week.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles

Sporting News' Russ Lande suggests Arizona QB Nick Foles could emerge as the third quarterback drafted with a big Senior Bowl week.

Per Lande, NFL opinions are "split" on Foles due to concerns with his accuracy and decision making. Foles is expected to measure every bit of 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds at Monday's weigh-in. Lande anticipates Foles being selected no later than round three, and potentially entering the first with a strong showing in Mobile. Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin will likely be the first two QBs taken.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Speaking of reality...

jd1020
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
"Many NFL scouts" reportedly believe Michigan State QB Kirk Cousins could be in store for a quick rise up draft boards, in the same vein as what Andy Dalton did last year.
The media consensus in Mobile was that Cousins was the Senior Bowl's second best quarterback, behind Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden. There was a large gap behind those two. Per Sporting News' Russ Lande, Cousins "displayed very good arm strength to make every NFL throw with excellent zip." Cousins' decision making and stature (6'2/209) have been criticized a bit, but Dalton was the 35th overall pick last year after weighing in at 6'2/213.

Doesn't say much as far as Foles being the 3rd QB taken.

Sounds more like

1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Tannehill
4) Weeden
5) Cousins
6) ...

Epic Fail 007
01-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Hes not bad

Mr_Tomahawk
03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Bump.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Who has a stronger arm....

Foles or Tannehill?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM

Foles or Tannehill?

Stooges

In58men
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898f8c-444b-3fc2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898f8c-4459-b0b5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898f8c-4467-dd52.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM

Foles or Tannehill?

NOBODY KNOWS!!!!!

htismaqe
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
NOBODY KNOWS!!!!!

The trouble I've seen...

Nobody knows my sorrow...

evolve27
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
It's Foles or bust! Maybe in the 4th, it's the Chiefs way!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
So could Foles beat out Cassel?

He is kind of the next realistic option on my QB list....

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Evan Silva‏@evansilvaReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Source at Arizona Pro Day to @RobRang on Nick Foles' performance: "He was terrible. He couldn't throw a spiral." http://bit.ly/GCsYd3

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Source at Arizona Pro Day to @RobRang on Nick Foles' performance: "He was terrible. He couldn't throw a spiral." http://bit.ly/GCsYd3

:shake:

the Talking Can
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

worked for tebow

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 06:03 PM
worked for tebow
boosh

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
NFL scouts were reportedly unimpressed by Arizona QB Nick Foles at the Wildcats' Tuesday Pro Day.
"[Foles] was terrible. He couldn't throw a spiral," said one source. "Obviously, the weather conditions played a part in that but in reality, it only accentuated that he couldn't throw a spiral." The Arizona Pro Day was held indoors on a carpet, which may have affected the former Wildcats. However, WR Juron Criner earned positive buzz for a 4.52 forty, up from his 4.68 at the Combine. Both Arizona alums project as early third-day draft picks. Mar 20 - 7:50 PM

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles

BossChief
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Lots of red flags on the kid.

It's a shame he hasn't grasped this last years opportunity.

He could have made himself millions of dollars.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I knew it all along. :p

RunKC
02-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Nick Foles was on a shitty team and had 2 350 yard passing games and a higher completion % as a rookie than Matt Cassel did at any point in Kansas City.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Good for him he can continue to do whatever entertaining guidos.

BossChief
08-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Bump before I reread

R8RFAN
08-04-2016, 06:28 AM
throw up some highlights

That sob torched the Raiders for 6 td's i think

R8RFAN
08-04-2016, 06:30 AM
My bad 7

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275878/Week-9-Eagles-vs-Raiders-highlights

rico
08-04-2016, 06:31 AM
That sob torched the Raiders for 6 td's i think

rico
My bad 7

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275878/Week-9-Eagles-vs-Raiders-highlights

He was on fire around that time.

R8RFAN

too late already corrected

R8RFAN
08-04-2016, 06:32 AM
He was on fire around that time.

Or we were just fucking pathetic , You choose

R8RFAN
08-04-2016, 06:34 AM
I don't think he is a bad pickup for the Cheaps but I bet all you are gonna hear around here is bench Smiff for the next 5 months

rico
08-04-2016, 06:40 AM
Or we were just fucking pathetic , You choose

He didn't exactly scorch a defense that was on top of their game that year, fo sho... Still looked good around that time, though. Alex wouldn't have been able to pull it off.

rico
08-04-2016, 06:42 AM
I don't think he is a bad pickup for the Cheaps but I bet all you are gonna hear around here is bench Smiff for the next 5 months

LMAO You got that right! I'm ready to watch this dude party like it's 19-ninety...err...2013.

rico
08-04-2016, 06:44 AM
I do like the fact that he played QB in college. That's always a plus.

LMAO God I miss Thig Lyfe.

Coochie liquor
08-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Or we ARE just fucking pathetic , You choose

FYP and I'll go with the latter.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Be careful what you wish for. :-(

Mr_Tomahawk
08-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Foles > Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Foles > Smith

I'm all for it if it gets rid of the Alex Only Fans too

Bwana
08-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Foles > Smith

Yeah....sure.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/864000/864036.grid-6x2.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiqjMmEpuTOAhVRHGMKHSOhB7kQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fquotesgram.com%2Fsmoking-meth-quotes%2F&bvm=bv.131286987,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNFJA3s_sJ6fe7ADD9jCdjiAbAHnuw&ust=1472480094293891)

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 05:36 PM
Yeah....sure.

http://www.vinography.com/assets_c/2014/06/bigstock-Smoking-Marijuana-From-A-Pipe-53223733-thumb-300x316-4055.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi2qJbu3-LOAhVG3WMKHQR-Dw0QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vinography.com%2Farchives%2F2014%2F06%2Fcrack_smoking_wine_pr.html&bvm=bv.131286987,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNH1_I5cPjU-fxCDYV0-qcuFqKzsmw&ust=1472426851154644)

I can't believe that people continue to say that kind of stupid shit.

Are they stupid or trolling?

threebag
08-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Stupid

KChiefs1
08-27-2016, 10:14 PM
OMG

redfan
08-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Foles>Smith?
C'mon, man.
How?

jspchief
08-28-2016, 08:18 AM
There are several things I really like about Foles, but his accuracy in his time with KC has been fucking aweful.

Chiefshrink
08-28-2016, 09:46 AM
There are several things I really like about Foles, but his accuracy in his time with KC has been ****ing aweful.

He is an accurate passer he just doesn't have the reps/chemistry enough to get this established as of yet.

Chiefshrink
08-28-2016, 09:47 AM
Foles>Smith?
C'mon, man.
How?

But does Foles have Smith genius??? :D I believe he does and may have more and why Reid pursued him.;)

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 11:08 AM
He is an accurate passer he just doesn't have the reps/chemistry enough to get this established as of yet.

Foles was a 56% passer last year and a 59% passer in 2014.

7 TD's with 10 INT's in 2015.

That is NOT considered accurate.

Chiefshrink
08-28-2016, 11:12 AM

Look at his supporting cast(a la no offensive line and very few weapons):rolleyes:

WhawhaWhat
08-28-2016, 11:12 AM

and one of the guys he was throwing to just got $42 mil so he obviously had some people that could catch the ball.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Look at his supporting cast(a la no offensive line and very few weapons):rolleyes:

What? Todd Gurley? Yeah, he's garbage.

:facepalm:

The fucking guy was traded by one team to another and was cut after an awful season. The undrafted free agent was more successful that Foles.

He's been dumped by two different franchises in consecutive years.

You have no idea what to watch or what you're watching.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Hilarious that our backup is so much better than all the QBs in pile high