PDA

View Full Version : Football Fighting words between writer, agent for Jags punter

Hammock Parties
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
LMAO

Jaguars Punter Matt Turk Should Be Released, Now. (http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/10/10/2480527/jaguars-punter-matt-turk-should-be-released-now)

I'm not normally one to just straight up rip a player for their performance, but when they do something disrespectful to the home team crowd during a game in reaction to the crowd booing their terrible performance, they deserve to get eviscerated. If Matt Turk isn't released by the end of today, the Jacksonville Jaguars are a joke.

Quite frankly, he should have been released immediately following his shanked punt that set up the Bengals for the game winning drive. A few punts prior, Matt Turk hit another terrible punt, as he's want to do the past oh.. entire season. The crowd responded with boos, which is what happens when you've played like hot garbage for weeks, and then Matt Turk responded with goading the crowd to boo louder.

Are you kidding me Turk? You're a clown. You're lucky to have a job. You should been cut three weeks ago. You don't goad the home team crowd when you're performing like a pile of hot garbage. Two drives later, Turk proceeds to shank a 22-yard punt that set the Bengals up with the game winning touchdown drive. What, you didn't want to taunt the crowd more after you hit ANOTHER terrible punt? You just stood there, like a dejected clown.

Not only that, but you didn't even have the courage to face the media after the game. You high tailed it out of the locker room like a coward and left it to your teammates to try and defend your terrible season. Kicker Josh Scobee was asked about Turk, since Turk ducked out as fast as possible after the game, "Today was a tough day to kick with the wind obviously. Everyone kind of struggled with punts going in that direction. It's the type of day where you had to hit the ball really well. Unfortunately, he had a couple he'd like to have back. His season as a whole, right now, he's struggling. He's been in the league so long, he's just got to come out and hit one good punt and he'll be fine."

He'll be just fine. Sitting on his couch.

http://twitter.com/#!/davidcanter/status/123544629546192896

http://i54.tinypic.com/200tg8i.jpg

jd1020
10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I love it when people compare professionals to every day people who couldn't sniff the field.

Why not compare them to other kickers in the league? :hmmm:

pr_capone
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Awesome. Digital slap fight over a punter.

KCrockaholic
10-10-2011, 06:05 PM
If he sucks, he sucks. If he really sucks that badly he will be cut soon enough. Surely the coaching staff would do something about it.

Okie_Apparition
10-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't know why Flordia isn't broken off & shoved up New York's ass

Setsuna
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Take it from me. Dude sucks balls. And he's getting paid a little too much for a punter as it is.

chefsos
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
This is no way to treat a 73 year old man.

Iowanian
10-10-2011, 06:17 PM
I am pretty sure I could kick a ball 22 yards.

GloryDayz
10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Wow, our punter, arguably, should be the highest paid player on our team!!

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Jaguars signed former Lions punter Nick Harris and released veteran punter Matt Turk.

CaliforniaChief
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
And yet the Jaguars are still a joke.

whoman69
10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
I still have no idea why they haven't moved. They must be bleeding red ink with their attendance and on the field performance. Los Angeles Jaguars? No they have to change that.

MahiMike
10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
He's actually been pretty good. And WTH? Del Rio put him on the team. But Jack will end up doing what he always has - blame someone else. Del Rio is the real joke of this team. He's done nothing. Every time his ass is on the line, he fires someone to shut the rest of the team up.

MahiMike
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM
This pissed me off so much I just changed my fantasy team to fire-del-rio.com.

I know, I know. It's a Chiefs site. But I do live here...

Valiant
10-11-2011, 05:58 PM
This pissed me off so much I just changed my fantasy team to fire-del-rio.com.

I know, I know. It's a Chiefs site. But I do live here...

You mean there.. Most of us are in KC.. :)